ITT:Wasted potential plots in vidya

ITT:Wasted potential plots in vidya

Why does he wear the white mask Holla Forums?

(checked)

This is so true it's not even funny.
This global terrorist ring has the resources to mass manufacture biological weapons, find recruits anywhere they want, supply recruits with military grade weaponry, and carry out terrorist attacks on first world countries.
Coincidentally, the same gas they mass manufacture is present within the bombs in Bomb Defusal, is likely refined from the biological agent within the biocontainer, and also looks and functions exactly the same as the gas Smoke throws around with wild abandon.
Smoke, who is/was a certified SAS operative carrying out missions on and in public property.
You've got potential for a campaign where Rainbow has to fight off a global threat that even has former special forces/CTU members in its ranks, and what do you get?
Situations.
The game is alright but Ubisoft being Ubisoft overlooked a good opportunity in favor of putting out yet another multiplayer FPS.

Why not just make a Dishonored thread?

FUCKING NICE BRO I LOVE CHECKING DUBBIEWUBBIES

WOOOOOOOHHEEEEEEEEYYYY

Because fuck dishonored.

This user gets it so damn much.

White Masks have to probably the hardest threat Rainbow has taken on. They don't have specific targets or prime goals other than raise chaos and body counts. Their operatives must be anyone due to how they have access to any place on the globe. In Article 5 they managed to get their bombs onto a large scale college campus, that shows they must have insiders in places. Also counting down how god damn well armed they are toting military grade weapons and the fact there are several of them willing to KILL THEMSELVES on a daily basis just to serve their unknown goal.

White Masks are literally every CT'S nightmare in one package. No known goals, numerous devoted followers, well equipped, access to multiple targets with no pattern to follow.

There's also the thing of why was Rainbow disbanded in the first place? Did they fuck up on a high risk mission? Where is Chavez?

But no Ubisoft just give us another DLC character pack.

Isn't that basically what the first three R6 games are though?

The first three they at least knew what the terrorists wanted.

Nobody knows why the White Masks are doing this shit.

Remember in Street Fighter Alpha how Adon's story was him wanting Satsui no Hado ?

Yeah that plot point was completley dropped in SF4.

It almost fits with the theory of them being British islamists, based on their British accents.

Why is that a wasted plot point

Any of the Bioshock games, for sure.

The surface elements and art style of each setting was fantastic, but the plot of 1 was mediocre and Infinite's was hot garbage.

wut gaems?

Fallout 4

Brink

Fallout 4's plot wasn't wasted at all because the game's single biggest problems are the two premises that it's based around (androids and the fact that you are a parent looking for their son).

This is because androids make zero fucking sense in the Fallout universe and being a voice acted parent that gives a shit about their son makes zero fucking sense in an RPG. Considering these two horridly retarded premises, I guess they handled everything after those two pretty decently for the most part, making it the least applicable option in this thread because this thread is for plots with good premises that were handled really poorly

H-hey man I just w-wanted to make a joke using the image. T-that's all! I've never even played FO4.

The whole plot of SFV was hamfisted and barely put together. But I doubt any fighting game plot would have been good

While the whole game in itself is just a giant display of wasted potential, the way they handled the main quest-line and the civil war was just atrocious.

Dishonored
Rainbow Six: Siege (I think)
Brink

Read the thread title.

Confirmed small guy.

Im not sure if this counts but the amount of Legion shit that got cut from New Vegas is appalling. You only see warring part of The Legion and not the societal part, where people simply live their lives in peace and safety at the cost of never being able to speak up or act against Caesar or his Legion without severe punishments. Which is arguably what the wasteland needs most

not even joking

Nothing makes sense, nothing is explained until the last possible second, lots of pointless red herrings, almost no foreshadowing and no setups to later plots

The third "episode" was as close as it got to being a good plot, but it failed right afterwards, and it failed up until that point, so it's moot.

It was written as they went along, with only a base plot to hang the other pointless shit on, like the girl killing herself. I imagine what they started with was something like "max gets powers things happen then teacher goes crazy then max makes choice then powers go away." The story was written so apathetically, so simplistically, but not in a good way. They barely even tried, when you definitely had potential there. Instead, we get more hole than plot, forced social commentary, and the bare framework of what could have been decent characters.
What a waste.

It's not really that far from the NCR or any modern democracy frankly. Sure you can speak up about shit but actually try and do anything to change the status quo and you'll get hit with the full force of the law and quite possibly some non-legal methods too.

Yep. That game could have been great but it felt like they tried too hard and at the same time didn't try hard enough. It had a lot of potential but ended up being highschool Butterfly Effect set in not Twin Peaks.

With a gratuitous amount of obnoxious pop culture references inserted in place of writing.

You can finish the game in 15 or so minutes by waiting in the room he asks you to wait in, and you join him.

when the dark room gets introduce just as a name I figured there was some kind of big conspiracy going on
like on a government scale
I figured it'd tie into Max's time powers and the tornado and do the classic "small town as unsuspicious cover for crazy government plan" thing
but nope, its just a place where the evil white man not-rapes girls
I was already nauseous from the shitty story, and absolutely horrendous dialog FAR before then, but I thought the plot was at least trying to go somewhere
its like half way through they stopped giving a shit about the sci-fi stuff they put in and just wanted to make a disney channel sitcom with more cursing

Does anyone have the screencap of the user talking about how Obsidian butched the Caesar's Legion because they wanted to keep them as LE EVIL FASCISTE, it was a Yoda reaction picture.

Yeah, but then the game ends.

I thought the dark room was going to turn out to be some sort of human sacrifice occult angle where girls are killed to stop the tornado from destroying everything.
Nope, it's just some fucking hipster and his art

So, what caused the tornado? Was it the universe trying to right itself Final Destination style because Chloe was supposed to die? If so, will natural disasters like that just keep happening until she dies?

What caused the tornado? well huehueheu, get this, goy:
so the plot gave max the power to fuck up the plot, but the plot got angry about it and wanted to fix it.

It was never explained beyond chaos theory, and it doesn't make any sense. It's another plot hole.

I imagine that If I'd give you the jist of this "game's" plot, it would sound way more interesting than it actually was.

The tornado was an afterthought. It's barely mentioned apart from the first and final episodes.
It's probably the single biggest piece of evidence that they were making it up as they went instead of having a final script and using the episodic format to give them a more relaxed schedule for modeling and coding and stuff

Why are we still here? Just to suffer?

anything even remotely strange just gets chalked up to a chaos theory/butterfly effect throwaway line whenever character attention focuses on it
there's a scene where there are two fucking moons in the goddamn sky, and instead of being some kind of town-wide concern/panic everyone simply accepts it
with the exception of bluehair mgee who is so two dimensional and caught up with her shitty romance drama that she doesn't fucking give a shit and barely acknowledges it

What was the jist, anyhow?

I think it was the game where your son was dead or something all along but I forget.

Venom best snake

DURR BUTTERFLY EFFECT MANG

MUH POWERS CAUSE TORNADOES

HELLA

All the 1984 references were put to waste as well.

There was too much shit going on in that game that there was no overall theme to it.

gay as HELL
Even gone home was better

I actually thought Daud's plot presented in the DLC's was a lot more satisfying than the main game's story. He wasn't exactly revealed as an antagonist until later in the game and you didn't really learn too much about him, but being able to play through his story in retrospect leading up to the fight with Corvo was fun, and makes me wish the actual main game either involved more of him as a main, primary villain from the start you either kill or let live, or that you just played him. Would be awesome if he came back foR Dishonored 2 or there was some mention of him.

I'd just assume that none of the older Rainbow operatives are still around. Kind of like how Vegas had one or two mentions of older operators but it's clear that Logan and his team are the new generation.

I'm sure they'd find out eventually. In the first Rainbow 6 book, you don't really figure out the true scale of the terrorist's plans until at least 3/4ths of the way through the book.

If you haven't read Clancy's earlier books, they're actually done very well unlike a lot of the ghostwritten stuff that has his name plastered on the front despite being written by a different author.

Not to mention a photography student using a fucking Polaroid.

What's wasted in the plot of Dishonored???

I mean sure the fact that you're OP as fuck makes a waste both of the good combat system and of stealth (though one achievement goal is playing without power).

But I don't really see what you mean by the waste of potential of the plot.

Hell the outsider might be one of the best written character in the fucking history of vidya (and I've no doubt they're gonna shit on it in the 2).

What game is that? I forgot.

Those are some long ass arms

Oh it called, Remember m-

Oh you clever bastard.

fucking titanfall, waste of premise more than plot i guess

I really loved the idea of being separated from your parents and girlfriend, then having to travel throughout the galaxy to find them. You could have made a really great game out of that concept, but they completely dropped the ball with the "It's all just a video game" thing.

OP here. I spected more a dishonored Dlc discurssion than actually wasted potential plots ,autism i guess

SPOILERS OF DISHONORED AHEAD

Dishonored 1: grey characters ,entetrtairning political plot,good tier lore

Knife Of Dunwall: OMG i can play the antihero POW , wait,this bullshit about Delliah is getting annoying but intriged by "Daud Redemption".
Overseers and whalers have their time in the show,neat.

Witches of Brigmore: 90% bullshit about Delliah ,5% boring new characters nobody cares about,!% interesting plot."Daud Redemption" feel rushed.
Worst of all she s going to be the antagonist in the new one

Thats the cool thing about this game tho. Back when we only had .hack and spy kids 3D…

I agree. You have great fucking potential here, and instead the game ends with Max LITERALLY changing nothing and being unable to do anything.

She literally learned nothing from her experiences. She didn't even learn how to talk people down from bad situations despite being able to rewind time and try again.

The game was so full of filler that it never felt like I was getting ANYTHING done the entire time. You only connect ANY dots in like, the last episode. It takes away from all of the emotional scenes because you literally undo all of them 5 minutes later.

I WANTED TO LIKE THIS GAME.

People are like "Wow such a deep game, best story, I cried."

NO

I AM A WRITER. IT IS WHAT I DO. I AM A STORYTELLER AND IF I CRANKED OUT A STORY LIKE THIS IN A BOOK I WOULD GET SHIT ON SIDEWAYS, FRONTWARD, AND BACKWARD.

I'm not very coherent right now, but on my endorsement as a writer, this plot was shit. Pacing was shit. Characterization was good for some people, except for the FUCKING main character.

There is no redemption in this story. Nobody learns anything or gets better at anything. I'm still mad. FUCK.

Singularity

Nigger, we have IDs here. You didn't even need to fucking namefag.

Oh god no.

I like how near the end Max has a chat with some shitty edgy version of herself where Chloe gets called out for being the absolute terrible human being she is just for max to go "NUH-UH" and then never bring it up again
its like the devs were trying to passive aggressively beat critics to the punch while trying to avoid the consequences of calling out their big character

Goddamn the game would have been perfect if he met and eventually raised the Sons of Big Boss.

Who is going to be the antagonist in Dishonored 2? Delilah or Billie? And what information do you have that leads you to your conclusion?

Either one would be pretty shit.

Timeshift, all of it.

Wasn't it because of time?

It would of made more sense if it was Max's death that prevents the tornado. If there was any care put into the game, you could find clues that Max was not meant to be in the timeline, and you could get a third ending by getting yourself killed in the bathroom.

Fuck, at least you would be able to reference Donnie Darko in that case.

No they didn't, they cut it because Bethesda rushed the shit out of them then didn't even do the QA testing like they agreed so Obsidian had to scrap whatever they had together and ship it.

I could have told you the writing would be shit based on this alone.

Dubs confirm it.

And it's still a pretty good game. It's not amazing but fuck people who say it's bad.

Every fucking time travel story.

this one?

The depressing truth about time travel is that travelling back in time means creating an alternate universe and never ever getting back to "your" universe. The act of going back is what changes it into a different universe and then you're stuck in that different universe (unless you travel back a second time, then you're stuck in a third universe etc.)

This also makes travelling into the future irreversible. As long as you leave it at travelling into the future once you're in the same universe, you just missed out on stuff and you'll never get it back. Being frozen in a cryopod is functionally the same as travelling into the future. In both scenarios you miss out on the lives of everyone you knew and you can't go back.

Writers generally don't seem to grasp that real time travel would be an irreversible act, like any other act. The main appeal often seems to be that misunderstanding, that idea that your actions don't matter since you can just go back and "fix it" if anything goes wrong. I don't see time travel stories ever getting good. Neither the writers nor the viewers/readers will ever notice this flaw and become interested in a "realistic" time travel story.

I wouldn't be surprised if the devs were going to take that route, but were bitchslapped by the big wigs at Ubisoft for being Islamophobic.

I did ancient history; the romans were as 'bad' as new vegas showed, the problem was you didn't get to see anything good, only really their army that's in "Unite the barbarians" mode. I'd have liked to see inside legion territories and have them shown the 'good'

You take that back! Bioshock II was nice!

Oh, look, something else about Zenimax being fucking awful.

>we fooled you, horror fans!
It literally is just Gone Home 2.0?

Some user here posted a magazine shot and a tweet from a developer (didnt save) that strongly suggested that (about Delliah).

Billie isnt even evil
unless you go high chaos

Billie and Daud in in official canon are also running away from Dunwall,expect to met them.

U wot? The only reason why Cloud managed to beat Sephiroth was because he got buff from the Jenova cells, slaughtered half the world's wildlife and human population as training, all the ridiculously strong Materia he gathered, Aeris' Holy, and he had a great team to back him up.

But i do agree that the amnesia-plot is complete fucking garbage, serves no purpose, and makes no sense.

Seriously, how the fuck did no-one in the team or Shinra call him out? Wasn't there only

Cloud beat Sephiroth in the flashback before ever having mako treatment. he's the reason Sephiorth is in the lifestream to begin with.

But he was already weakened from fighting Zack, and Cloud got a critical back-stab on him while he was too busy fantasizing about Jenova. Sephiroth was pretty much already dead after that.

What's the original of this?

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

how about Doctor Who?
:)

When I played FF7 I was wondering what all the people who said it was angsty were talking about.

Then I hit the memory loss plot… It was so fucking stupid.

Brote always brightens my day up.
love you. love you

>tfw no single-player R6 game with R6:3's planning with Siege's gameplay and destruction.

Yeah I was glad that we finally got to see whales because they are supposed to be important. and I liked Daud's teleport a lot more than Corvo's.

I think Dishonored greatest wasted potential was that we heard about all these interesting places, then seen nothing abut. I also would have loved to see more about the Occult. I mean we met the Outsider yeah, but what's so about him that the major religion has to be about loathing him?

Somewhat. The Hunt for Red October was a fun thriller, but most of his other books were just transparent attempts to replicate that kind of story. His best character work was in Cardinal of the Kremlin, which I'd argue is his best work. Then he went totally off the rails with his later stuff, Debt of Honor and everything that came after that.

Bear and the Dragon was fun masturbatory fanfic, though.

Clear and Present Danger and the first novel he wrote featuring John Kelly (I forget the name, the one where he goes back and forth from Vietnam to assinating drug dealers in Baltimore for murdering his waifu (?)) were also really good.

Don't forget the CIA livestreaming the war. I guess my problem was mainly with Executive Orders, which was interesting, but Clancy got way too self-indulgent with pushing his political views there.
And you're thinking of Without Remorse. Which was an interesting book to me, since it wasn't really his usual style.

Bioshock infinite
Watch Dogs

Oh yeah, I forgot about that.

Thanks.

HLD:

Seriously, it is not even that difficult to make a minimalist plot, Deadbolt does it nicely and manages to be coherent, both are indie and I bet Deadbolt has half of the budget, HLD had.

Seriously, look pic related, this scene doesn't even make sense in the game, and still they show you like it is something important, only makes me think they dropped whatever the fuck they want to do with the game in the half and published what they had.

Watch Dogs 2:

Now I'm sad.

How does this even sells?

The entirety of Assassins Creed series.
They kept leaving the fucking cryptic clues and 10 second long eden videos, kept explaining shit about the artefacts and it is all for fucking nothing. They kept toying around with the idea of templars not actually being bad guys, but never went anywhere with it.
Shit, even in the first game templars had a goal. Their methods were rough but you could understand why they thought things they did were good for society. In the next games they keep jumping from cartoon villains to actually interesting characters and it gets really annoying.

The modern time story is also fucking gay. I honestly expected the series to end on 3 with hiutman-inspired Desmond sections where you'd take motherfuckers out using modern weaponry. Instead we get some godess apocalypse garbage. The main plot died with Desmond, so now it's just a series of disconnected events.

Asscreed lore is the worst fucking thing I've seen yet, since they use real people and fairly recent events as the base. I can understand giving Lenin/Hitler/Stalin an affiliation with secret societies, but Putin and Bush are real people who are still alive. Chechnya war wasn't that long ago to make shit up about it. At best it's just cringey and nonsensical, at worst it's downright disrespectful.

Such a cool concept totally wasted and made into the most boring, forgettable crap

Fallout 4 is just wasted potential period.

Recently finished Dishonored, yet to play the DLCs. Feels like the base game had a lot of cut content, especially near the end.
Like after you get betrayed, you'd expect to go after everyone who betrayed you. But nope. They're already dead other than Havelock.
Feels like they made up to that level, then Bethesda told them to release the game.

high chaos

I always thought the Helghast in Killzone were really underutilized in favor of focusing on the ISA. It's a shame the only game lets you team up with them for a bit and shows how evil both sides of the conflict are is on a handheld nobody owns.

Glory to Helghan
Death to ISA scum

It feels worse when you play the dlc.

Doubt it, wouldn't make much sense for a group that was comprised of radicalised Muslims with an international scope to recruit primarily from a nation which despite the memes doesn't have a Muslim majority states across the world makes no sense.

More likely the White Masks are British because English accents are the stereotypically found on villians in media and the White Masks were designed from the ground up to be menacing but also a suitable potential opponent for any situation. Hence their vast (but never defined) resources, lack of any known objectives (despite also having members willing to kill themselves for said objectives) and variety of tactics.

It's not a case of the game having a story that got gutted for political reasons resulting in a few scraps left over but a game being designed from the ground up to lack any overarching story and then people seeing patterns where there aren't any.

You didn't play Far Cry 3?

Did they accidentally switch who you were supposed to root for when they made this series? I mean the Helghast look cool and are shat on.

This so fucking much. An interesting world and good music fucking wasted.

basically how I feel about dangan ronpa

The hell it is. All the game has going for it is the memory mixing mini-games and Nilin's rump.

Combat is pitifully easy and mind-numbingly repetitive. Certain enemies are 'colour coded' to only be weak to a specific power but since you can heal so much with attacks you can just forego it entirely. The game even throws in enemies that just hurt you when you attack them because they cant find any other way to have to make players think and not just throw out a bomb and walk through.

Bosses are shitty and barely qualify as a challenge. The fucking robots are just a case of walking backwards shooting it. I thought the warden was going to be interesting and then it just becomes 'use the right skill to stun and then mash'. Even the final boss is just a case of fighting some spawned enemies then attacking a core with a QTE finish.

The three or so puzzles that are in the game are so fucking on the nose with their 'cryptic' clues that they all tell you the correct answer if you put in a wrong one or pause for more than five minutes trying to solve it.

Then theres Nilin who is so fucking stupid she follows the orders of a random nobody in her head for no reason. Literally the first thing he has you do is flood the rich part of the city because theyre rich and dont give all their money to poor people. Then when she says that was fucked up, he simply says "they deserved it; dont worry", she just accepts it and carries on with his bidding.

Such a shitty twist and reveal as well. Her parents, Edge, the technology, its history and all the rest are just lumped on you at the penultimate stage. Like the first three quarters of the game are Nilin being an obedient retard for no greater reason than to explore a city to fuck up before shoving you into a building to climb and hallway punch dudes.

The whole world and brain fucking thing could be much better used in a more open-ended style of game. Like being able to kick down the doors and just jam your fist into peoples heads and have them explode or sneaking around and silently remixing their memories to make them change their shit and affect the surroundings. Throw in some rival factions doing the memory mixing in opposition and you've got an interesting plot.

It's revealed the Helghast are basically people there were turbo fucked by the 'heroes' of the first game(s).

They're only invading land (retaking their old territories) because people are literally dying from the conditions in the land they were forced to occupy and live in.

And how.

Such wasted potential. The game had some solid gunplay and other cool shit too, if only they actually TRIED to make a campaign, with cutscenes, and everything. Never ever.

So, basically liberal arts majors.

RIP.

Oh yes, AC had a lot more potential, but instead of making a memorable and slightly controversial trilogy, they had to set up the stage for four more sequels nobody wanted.

They only get killed by Havelock if you go high chaos They get into an armed conflict on the island for power. And you have to hunt them down one by one.

Sounds like a problem with most western games.

Less with the game itself but more with how the series was handled. There was some legal shit which happened but it's no excuse for how much they dropped the ball on this series. The expansion packs carried on the story with Point Man, Alma and Fettle and the sequels should have explored the world more, a different F.E.A.R team, like the second expansion but a new story. Instead they retconned the expansions and pointlessly dragged out the story while forgetting everything the first game was about. The amount of plot holes in the third game was unreal.
I always feel like it could have been so much more, the first game being the start of a great franchise but instead it just turned into a forgotten series buried under mediocrity and then shat on.

>"Let's genocide the natives" NCR trying to pull a "Bagdat Offensive" with "It is okay when we use WMDs" complete with a "Mission Almost Accomplished" speech is "Lefty".

I can tell that poster is an easily triggered sjw burger who can't grasp basics of politics and history, but did that dude even play NV?

I read somewhere that original plot of Mass Effect was tied with aborted arc involving Tali's research in ME2. That reapers are not retarded machines, but in fact tried to save Universe, that was slowely destroyed by mass effect tech. Then the harvesting, mass relays and all other shit make more sense.

Nearly every mediocre game. It would have been great, but they fucked up the execution of the plot and it became mediocre.

That's what is cool actually. If you pay attention to the lore, the heart reflections, the books, the outsider comments, you can piece the story of the world together.

There are remains of a civilization based on magic that was "flooded" or went Atlantis style.

The whale eat so much plankton they synthesize the polluted drifting "mana" in the sea naturally.

And that's it, the "mages", be they the one worshiping the outsider or the "clerics" fighting them are 8 year old playing with a loaded gun they found in the mud.

Including the outsider.

It's pretty clear that the outsider is not an evil deity, at best he's acting like a "trickter god".

In fact he's likely just a mage trapped in between the magic dimension and the real or something like that, is bored as fuck and therefore grant a trickle of power to people that will do drastic thing anyway and see how it goes (or if it changes things at all, since he sees the present the future and the past at the same time).
For it is his only entertainment.

There is no point in fighting it (the abbey). Nor is he creating chaos. And lusting for his powers (Delilah) or for him to talk with you (Sokolov) is retarded too.

That's jut how things are.
And that's what make the story great.

Basically it went full retard with Debt of Honor and Ryan becoming president.
Rainbow Six was nice because it was small scope and the end of Kelly story. But that's the exception.

The Sum of All Fears is the last good book with Ryan as a protag.

Fuck off coward.
Plots, not justifications for your cowardice urged into being by it. Every cowards nightmare is having to pay for their actions themselves.

You and yours try to make all seem attacked.
I'm glad those who flew into the wtc, military command centre, and almost primary govt building had the soul to go after those responsible for their suffering directly. Parasites.

The wet dream of cowards is that others are attacked and they can seem the good guys.

They faked that with the media telling everyone that was the case, that they were all under threat. They also try to make that true.

Disgusting traitors like you are so common it would seem the entirety of the population, if not for few examples of otherwise.

Those who gave countries a good name, artists mostly, otherwise just people being people, are what keep big bombs from being used. That and people have better things to do. Cowards vieing for attention, grouping and attacking are like life, just problems in the way of perfection to be pushed aside as they step into the way. They've never mattered nor ever will and the only thing they represent is their actions, which degrade anything they come into contact with. They are prisons, they stupidity. They are all that is wrong and they are so by choice for greed, life gained through others diminished. Not worth spit and not a part of good things.

Tollerance of such is treason perhaps, attributing power to auch definately is. Even with a gun to your head should know that is all you offer. And the only way you offer it, smug to you lot the highest state. That being the opposite of man ever triumphs over anything.

Best people consider you cowards as that, break from your parasitism and live seperately. Better to be attacked than part of what attacks. Though it may be duty to stop such from being present. Break people out of torture camps etc.

What a pathetic excuse of a people.

At least it shows off the opposite.

Will never play Bioshock Infinate I think, washing off etc not an option. Modded to push past the scum at the start perhaps. The girl looks hot, the DLC had ethical problems too. Like offering to accept something in return for progression. No thanks. Also spent a while shooting in Spec Ops The Line, forces white phos to continue is bullshit to sell the idea it is ok to use, you did it etc. also shot into the crowd instead of shooting them, surprised to see the game took that into account, offered a trophy or acheivement in it.

I don't see plots as that important. Understandable need for power or to protect things from corruption. More important for kids and people to have hope in their dreams and keep on trying. Being who they are instead of adopting roles, especially ones where they are starved to death etc. It's a problem to be shown intimately of saving lives vs saving souls and faith in the lives saved of them not giving in.

But really just going full bad guy breaking out everything that needs it most is all a game should be everything else a temptation that ensures those who need help most aren't reached.

Did you get lost on the way to Holla Forums?

this thread is about wasted potential plots, not gameplay.

Is English not your first language?

can you kill yourself please?

You are the problem with this industry

What's your problem with cutscenes?

the best meme Holla Forums can come up with is quoting a shit batman movie
just let that sink in

If I want to watch a movie I'll watch a fucking movie.

Either tell me the story through gameplay or fuck off and put it in some optional text. Cutscenes are a waste of resources that slows gameplay to a halt and they are the primary thing killing videogames. Now they aren't about having cool and deep gameplay, they're all about "muh story" and "muh characters", both of which are almost exclusively conveyed through cutscenes that eat up the budget and turn the game into a hollywood movie wannabe. Games are about making choices and cutscenes just completely remove the part of games that makes them games. Are you one of those retards that thinks garbage like Uncharted is good?

I should really learn to not browse Holla Forums during the summer but I can't help it.

Holla Forums might have better taste in movies than Holla Forums does in games but it's worse than this place in every other way. Constant regurgitation of stale memes, celeb threads, and half the catalog being taken up by whatever they hate at the moment (as opposed to 1/5 here like when Shillout 4 was released) make it one of the shittiest boards to go on I still go there though for horror/thriller recommendations.

OH MY GOD QUICK SEAL THE BREACH§§§

Slow your fucking autism down.
They've been a staple for almost two decades, how are they just now "killing videogames"?

They were always been shit and they have been slowly killing games for a long time and have only gotten worse as time goes on. Story and characters are now the primary things that normal people praise about games rather than gameplay, and developers see that coupled with praise for dogshit like Uncharted and Mass Effect and put more of an emphasis on shit that absolutely doesn't matter in their games. Now everything like picking up a weapon or melee attacks has to have a cinematic animation, now we have to stop gameplay for 3 minutes to deliver you some terribly written exposition because "muh cinematic story".

Please explain to me why having cutscenes would make Rainbow 6 Siege any better.

Thats not the problem,the problem is that games are becoming too easy .

A good story shouldnt be a excuse for bad gameplay though.Story is just a huge plus

Aren't you playing as Hashashins, from the start, though?

What does hat have to do with Holla Forums? you can't even understand what's he's saying