How do I stop being such an asshat about character creation?

How do I stop being such an asshat about character creation?

No matter how excited I am to actually play a game, being asked to choose my class and customize my appearance never fails to paralyze me. Even when I force myself to pick something, I can never manage to stick with it- I always end up restarting, convinced on some level that not taking full advantage of the character creation system meant I wasn't doing it right.

How about instead of thinking about what class you are, think about the kind of character you are playing. Make up a personality for them or something and pick a class that suits it.

just design cute girls and play as them.

this or compile builds that are interesting to you and roll something random using ur digits nigger, you sound like a really stupid person

Play the game once as the standard "build", be the most standard character.

As you play, get a sense of what you'd like to be doing instead.

Then, start the game again but specialize in what you felt like you wanted to do, and build towards that direction.

this is pretty much correct

just make meme characters, happy merchant, tfw no gf, adolf hitler,spurdo everytime i see a character creation screen i try to make the most cancerous character.

C A S U L

Please tell me you have screenshots.

Can't do SL1 on deprived.

I used to have this same issue OP. I managed to solve it though with help of a friend or roomate.

First off, make sure whenever you start the game, you and your friend must be together. Try obtaining one of those dog shock collars. Give the remote to your friend and whenever you begin to revert back your character, your friend MUST shock you. As it continues, you're brain will associate the act of restarting your character with electrocution. In my experience, your habits will begin to fade after a week or so. It's crucial that you and your friend stick with this. It's fun too.

If you don't have a friend I think you can dind one of those automatic ones or the ones that are programmable. God speed OP.

"I used electroshock therapy to overcome this issue"

Shiggydiggy

i barely have any screens shots all i have is a rabbi.

not even a character of mine it was when i was playing mount and blade multiplayer and i found a rabbi bretty funny though

Could use a beard.

I tried it a few times, but never got very far.

Just go for a Sword/Shield-wielding Male Human Fighter and min-max for brute strength and HP in every game you come across.

You'll never go wrong.

top wew

Enjoy your dead party members because your tanky ass tried to DPS instead of playing his non-written assigned role, feggit

Someone who runs sword-shield is far better than a mage. Granted I really fucking love fuckhueg swords.

When the game allows it, I try going for specific builds that come into mind.
In demon souls I made a tricky mage with dark moon weapons and high magic.
In dark souls I had a Valkyrie named Brunhilde, medium armor, never wearing a helmet and using a thunder designated for most of the game.
In dark souls 2 I tried being Pope Francis and I was having fun, but I lost interest and couldn't finish it.

Stick with stupid choices and you'll have a good time.

I typed zweihander

what website shit you out?

Pick the character that starts with no specialization(deprived in DaS case), then mold him to your playstyle as the game progresses. You don't know how the machanics will work anyways.
It's fun to raise to glory after being a good for nothing.
There's no need to minmax your shit, especially on first playthorughs.

As a Paladin or a Cleric?