Best and most promising modern FPS out

Other urls found in this thread:

terminal-overload.org/
torque3d.org/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

The fuck are you doing

Can't wait for the next 5 years when finally reaches proper alpha stage.

I've been playing arena shooters for 20 years. I'm ready to stop. Something being the best and most promising fps is kind of pathetic.

It's good yeah, but I really can't help to think that this will keep me playing for a long time.
I mean I play TF2 because it has a shit ton of modes, maps and stuff to craft.
This has like 5 maps and the same weapons over and over again.
I'm not so autistic to keep playing it.

it has other maps you retard
and stuff to craft, are you retarded?

Wut? You can craft in UT?

another arena shooter with minor movement changes. How fucking exciting.

fug beat me to it.

user why is that file size so big ?

I can imagine the game going in a retarded direction if that's true.

Thanks fuckers

Man, how dare they try to revise the formula and introduce it to people who've never played an arena FPS game before when Mr. Veteran's been already playing for over 20 year?! Those bastards!

I've been thinking of contirbuting some music to this.

You say that like good arena shooters made by competent teams that aren't completely dead come out often these days.

It's been in pre-aplha (tm) for more than 2 fucking years now

I want Reddit/Cuckchan/Tumblr to leave

Im amazed Tencent or Epic havent cancelled it yet.
Just wait nigger, its getting real good.

revise isn't really a good way to put it, that implies the changes are pretty drastic.

Instead its kind of just iterative. Oh well, the game already being dead is proof enough there's no interest in it.

You were really eager to pull that line, weren't you?

Its the most popular arena shooter right now and its only spread through word of mouth while being pre-alpha. Fuck off overshill.

no interest in overwatch, to me that is even more boring. How many players are on ut4 right now? 20? 30? You might want to hop on so you can give the population that 10% boost.

This thread is starting to raise some red flags.

Please fuckoff Blizzcuck, you couldnt be more passive agressive even if you tried.

Why and how?

Good job showing everyone you are a retard.

I don't play blizzard games my little drone

Drone of?

Stop bumping the thread if you're going to bicker.

no dad

ut4

How so?

5120x2160
It's a big image.

your post makes absolutely 0 sense and i question your sanity

Please, fucking no. None of this modern day psychological manipulation paleto principle shit. You should boycott any work that has that shit shoved in.

Mark my words: Quake Champions will be fully playable before UT gets playable performance on ONE meshed out, nice looking map. And this will happen in late 2017 or even later. Basically, UT will never be properly optimized, they're just waiting for all users to buy new hardware.

Actually open it. Holla Forums is just broken. The image is really 1 MB which is okay for the resolution.

He used the screenshot command without re-saving the image later with more compression.
In UT4 you can, in an instance, create a screencap of a higher resolution than you are running.

The engine itself uses an odd method of deferred rendering which makes SLI & Crossfire impossible, thus it's impossible to actually run it at 4K or 5K with a usable framerate.

fam I have a relatively mediocre rig (GTX 760, 8GB RAM, i3 processor) and I get 60FPS on all but one of the maps while on high settings. Considering that it's one of the most visually impressive games out in terms of pure fidelity I'd say that's pretty impressive.

If you don't care about gwafix there's at least 25 totally playable maps, it's just that there's only like 6 that are fully textured and whatnot.

Never before on Holla Forums have I seen people unironically talking about how they want a fucking microtransaction ridden crafting system in their arena shooter

Did something that happened on 8ch become a popular reddit post within the last month or something?

I'm not even sure what you're trying to convey here, I don't think anyone would really argue that any of the movement changes in UT4 have made the game more "accessible to modern audiences." They just make the skill ceiling a bit higher because some of the stuff is pretty hard to pull of properly.

I thought it was CPU limitation but since you have an i3 my old i7 probably still beats yours. I guess it could also be because I'm using an AMD GPU and you're on nvidia. Maybe Epic doesn't give a fuck about AMD optimization - or maybe AMD doesn't give a fuck about Epic games. That would be pretty stupid though since UE4 will dominate everything the next couple years.

4u

Explain this shit Holla Forums. Tribes 2 had one hell of a community and was an amazing game, hell I think Tribes Next still has mods and tournaments running for it.

id tech 2, 3 and 4 are all GPL'd, therefore it's easier to recreate Quake. Tribes is also a lot more niche.

what about Xonotic?
it has a tiny dev team from what i hear. arena shooters won't make them huge money anymore, the market has shifted to teamplay only games like MOBAs and class based FPSes.

never played Tribes myself but Terminal Overload looks similar to Tribes, it uses the open source version of Torque3D and the Tribes games used some versions of Torque themselves. i've had trouble getting it running sometimes myself though, never managed to play a match: terminal-overload.org/

i guess the most surefire way to make a Tribes clone would be to grab the Torque3D engine for free and hack away, its under the MIT license: torque3d.org/

also theres a jetpack mutator in Xonotic, i think its possible to ski on the right maps.

Man I really don't like Xonotic. If just feels like a confused mix of UT and Quake. I can't get into it at all.

The disgusting "art style" is preventing me from trying it at all.

Except it's not a remake. It's a new game with different mechanics
And new gameplay elements, maps, ect
This one is objectively false.

Because this game is made by the 'community and therefore there are very little actual devs on it. Just look at the forums, the few devs on the game are focusing on trivial shit rather than more maps and marketing.

They seem to be more focused on their new MOBA game rather than UT. But that cash cow has long set sail.

I can agree somewhat but noone plays 2k4 or OG UT anymore so this at least brings people back to the community
It has the best gameplay out of any of them because of the addition of some neat parkour tricks and small changes to guns (link gun can now pull people which is super cool)
name 3 games with higher fidelity graphics.

Artstyle sure, but in terms of raw detail

you'd be hard pressed to find many games that are even competitive with it.

Isn't there only like 2 guys at Epic that actually work on UT? From my understanding it's more of an excuse to have a demo for the engine like what UT3 was to UE3, it's just that this time they're listening to fans rather than trying to pander to Halo players.

i7 has to do with cores. modern i7 having 8 cores, old having 4. i3 has 2 for example. this is because they ONLY produce i7, and any that are produced fucked up with unusable cores get called i5 and i3. nothing to do with clock speed, a newer i3 will perform better in most cases, maybe even multicore

My thoughts exactly.

What? How picky can you get?

I HAVE ALL QUAKE (EXCEPT QUAKE WARS), I HAVE ALL UNREAL (EXCEPT QUAKE 3), I HAVE INTERNET SO CAN DOWNLOAD ALL THESE AMAZING FREE CLONES LIKE WARSOW, XONOTIC, ETC, I OWN STRIKE VECTOR, REFLEX, HALF-LIFE, IM A GOOD GOY OKAY I PROBABLY OWN IT

DOES ANYONE WANT TO PLAY A FUCKING GAME OF SOMETHING? IM IN THE MOOD FOR UNREAL 99 BUT IM UP FOR ANYTHING

>UNREAL 3****

Did you say UT 99?

Because I'm drunk as piss at 2 in the afternoon and fucking down for some UT 99.

unreal://108.61.125.164:7777

DAWNS DEATHMATCH PALACE GET IN HERE

No thanks

Pretty sure that's still QLive

Probably because Tribes has an even more divided community than Quake does. The only thing older Tribes communities can seem to agree on is that they hate the new one. I remember seeing the giant 200 page arguments on the T:A forums between T1 and T2 vets. Meanwhile Reflex and CPM have seen QW, Q2, Q3 and Painkiller players all under one roof. It's still niche as fuck, and people will stick to the game that is exactly what they want in some cases, but it's definitely better than trying to appease the desire for multiple different inheritance values

Maybe that shit got sorted since I saw it last though? In either case, I hope Midair and the other Triebclones are good. Arms of Telos also looks pretty sweet even though it's not explicitly Tribes-y

If you want to play Xonotic with some anons later.

Sage because post isn't relevant to UT4.

ill be there thanks, will there be a thread?

what the fuck are you even trying to say?

Quake live isn't an Arena shooter

how does that work

guess unreal isnt an arena shooter because its all instagib (single loadout)

Load outs cannot exist in an arena shooter.

You wouldn't call COD an arena shooter

you are being ridiculous, i dont agree it was necessary to include loadouts and it does have loadouts but it is still an arena shooter because not even ffa servers use them and therefore plays like quake 3 with another weapon. unless for some other arbitrary reason quake 3 isnt an arena shooter

Arena shooters are about being dropped into an Arena where everyone is equal.
Loud outs stop this.

i dont agree with this, high end play of any arena shooter does not guarantee the better player will consistently win because there is a degree of luck involved. therefore i disagree with your philosophy, even if loadouts were enabled in a server, which they arent, they could still hold every weapon in the game at once and every player has the ability to do this

Explain

It was the default settings not too long ago. And I'm not paying to play a shitty BethesID port of an older better game.

different spawns. for example in quake 1, dm4, someone spawns near the middle and gets lightning gun and potentially the rest of the map. they have an immediate advantage over someone who spawned further away, especially if they spawned in the mega room where they have to cross a lava bridge usually covered in grenades just to get to a more positional area. or in aerowalk, someone is going to spawn immediately on a red armor and have access to a lightning gun right away. how about campgrounds in quake 3, red armor and mega health literally 200 units away. there is no such thing as balance in imbalance, arena shooters arent supposed to be fair its a power trip

It's the scrub mode. The base game is still Q3, which is still an AFPS

Initial spawns are actually balanced in a lot of games. One player will spawn next to Red, the other next to Mega+Yellow, and weapon distribution will help bridge the rest of the gap.

Additionally, campgrounds is a DM map. Aerowalk would be a better topic for duel discission in Quake

None of the active servers in QL have loadouts

Hope your ass gets gassed

I fucking love .png and use it for everything if I can, but there are times when it's simply not feasible to use it.
This is one of those times.

i wasnt talking exclusively about duels though, i am saying arena shooters arent about equality. anyone here ever played deathmatch on the longest yard? where whoever gets the railgun first wins the game? yeah

RG is one of those weapons that I kinda wish people would stop adding. I see the utility of a quick precision burst weapon, but honestly I've never had a fight where I thought "Gee, instantly taking or dishing out 80-100 damage sure would make this fight more engaging"

But yeah, I wouldn't expect pure skill to win out in deathmatch no matter what. TDM and CTF can be intensely skill-based if done right, and Duel is just pure player output, but I think holding a casual pub mode to the same standards is a bit much

I need assistance Holla Forums. Usually I avoid rooty tooty point and shooty entirely, but I've been having an itch lately for halo custom edition. The only problem is that it's overrun by mexicans. What's a good fps like custom edition that's not a military shooter?

i wish it wasnt included either. i hate that it became so popular, so iconic, every single quake game will feature it from now on. sure it was fun at first which is why i know its so popular but man you play against someone with fine, absolutely sexy aim, im talking 60+ percent consistent, chipping pixels off you across the map, it fucking sucks. ever dueled on sinister? where there are so many fucking peepholes every corner and at the end of every teleporter 4 directions he could go, it makes the game so annoying especially when he has a kill on you because he will keep baiting you out

How is this an excuse, that's just an example of alternate gamemodes.

That's what it is in QL as well. You never had to play their shit newbie mode (that I think is counter productive, to be totally honest), and it didn't disqualify it any more than Clan Arena did for not having map control as a valid path to victory

The point wasnt "Go play QL". I'm not a huge fan of it myself (I'd rather just play CPM or Reflex) but it's a bigger (population-wise) AFPS than UT4 is, which was my initial point

Never dueled on Sinister, but on maps like Aerowalk, against someone who knows the spawns it's a huge pain in the ass. Single-atrium duels with railgun can quickly go from intensely fun to completely cancerous

I didn't expect there to be any good FPS, but oh well. Cancer strike, Pony Fortress 2, and Overshill seem to be the legacy of the genre.

never really played CE but maybe halo online

Here's my advice, halo sucks don't play it or any of its clones.

But if you really are interested in shitty games, with regenerating health/sheilds and 2 gun limits, Red Eclipse is Kinda halo-like I suppose.

I mean you have loadouts, 2 gun limits, and health does regenerate but at a very slow rate and its not the kind of game where you look for cover, you mostly just move around and try to stay away from other players while waiting for health to regen to the point where you have a fighting chance again.

No vehiles as far as I know, has a classic mode where weapons spawn instead of having loadouts. Movement is weird, tracking players is difficult but you can do awesome things like run up walls and air dash.

I mean something that focuses on sci-fi elements instead of boring modern military drivel, and has a ton of mod support, and a lot of customizable game types like ctf, slayer, koth, etc, and is also not overrun by mexicans. A good singleplayer is also very appreciated.

wat? Its got a better art style than UT 4 and its not lacking in visual clarity like some arena shooters(cough Toxikk cough cough).

I honestly like xonotic more than UT, and about as much as quake in terms of how it plays. I've never been a UT guy, I like the game for its team based modes but were it not for the fact that UT 99 had Assult and the siege mod, and UT 2k4 had FUCKING ONSLAUGHT FUCK YEAH, I wouldn't have spent much time playing those games. In their quest to have all these super cool and unique weapons the Unreal Tournament games ended up feeling overly complex and poorly blanced compared to quake. I mean fuck 90% of the skill in UT is just shock combo spam.

Hmmm
UT 2k4 maybe, Red Eclipse I believe is based on sci fi elements though it dosen't have a lot of mods it does have a ton of customizable game modes.

A lot of servers allow you to vote on game modes and mutators at the end of every match.

Ut 2k4 seems to have a lot of players from Colorado for some reason. Also lots of european players, You won't encounter many players outside of onslaught and deathmatch though.