10/10 100+ hour RPGs

JRPG, WRPG, ARPG. It doesn't matter. Just looking for top tier epic quests that take you from scrub to god over 100 hours or more of gameplay.

Do any exist? The only one I can think of is Baldurs gate, but only if you do the Trilogy mod and essentially lash both games and expansions together into one coherent package.

The smt games are pretty good, but they dont hit the 100hr mark. Smt 3 took me 60 hours. Are there any good emulatable games that are really, really long?

pic related is probably the longest rpg ever made that isn't just random bullshit. I don't know if I'd ever call it a 10/10 though.

You think the 3DS version would make it closer to 10/10? thinking about getting it but never played the PSX one

doubt it.

Xenoblade can get really fucking long. My initial playthrough took about 90 hours, and that wasn't even counting fighting all the optional bosses and sidequests (trying to do all in one sitting is both a recipe to outlevel the content and kill much of what difficulty there is, as well as drive yourself mad). I suppose whether it's that great depends on the player. I really enjoyed it, but I know some people are not fans of the pseudo-MMO combat (real time combat with action bar and positioning elements).

Also, I don't think it was 100 hours (maybe more like 60-80? The ingame clock is broken), but Wild Arms 3 is pretty damn long and has a lot of non main-game content, from sidequests, to optional bosses (also the Abyss; floors 1-10 are required, but it goes down 100 floors to the strongest boss in the game), to Millennium Puzzles (a plot element in WA2 brought back for Wild Arms 3, ACF, and 5 as optional puzzle dungeons that can look deceptively easy at times but can really work your brain), etc. And that's on top of a rather lengthy main plot.

Don't think I've ever seen a proper RPG that lasts more than 100 hours outside of tabletop modules, but there's plenty that could garner 100+ hours across multiple playthroughs to see all the content.

How exactly does the trilogy mod work? What happens if you go through BG1 with party members that don't show up in BG2?

There's no way BGT lasts over 100 hours

Not one game but I think all of the Ultima games until serpent Isle can hit that easily ( 8 and 9 I will not mention because those can go straight to whatever hell they belong and the people who thought it was okay to sell such utter pieces of shit).

>>>/tg/
The only games which persist that long in a single campaign is ones which involve lots of exploration and side quests. Morrowind is a game that can pack in 300 hours of content, though probably not one on character. But the main campaign can be completed in 15 minutes if you use an alchemy exploit, fly to the center of the map, and kill the final boss in a single hit with a buffed up Strength score of 1000. If you play it as intended, that's a different matter.

Dragon's Dogma is also fairly long, and fun to play at that. It lasts pretty much as long as you want it to.

Xenoblade. Fantastic game and it took me 120 hours.

You just get teleported back to Baldur's Gate after fighting Sarevok so you can finish any sidequests and TotSC content, at any time you can talk with some guy on the Duke's castle and after a short cutscene BG2 starts as normal, nothing really changes in Irenicus' dungeon and you can't go back to the first game's areas.

If you want more SMT style dungeon crawling, play the Etrian Odyssey games, each about the same length as an SMT. Combat feels very similar, but without the versatility of demons

If you know moon or there's a fan translation. Otherwise, don't even bother. I'd rather not even have these games in the first place if they're just going to be butchered upon release in the West (and years late, too)

Dragon Quest VIII and IX can easily take 100 hours as well. Just like everything else in this thread, they're not 10/10, but they're still good

MonHun always take more than 200 hours, but most of that is grinding and it doesn't feel as 'epic' as other RPGs.

Bioware is a terrible company. The only thing more terrible than Bioware as a whole is every one of their games individually.

Im planning on it. After SJ i think i need a break from dungeon crawling.

Almost forgot about Digimon World. There's probably a shitload on PSX I'm missing as well

The gimmick in the game is that you draw your own map as you navigate a massive labyrinth of a dungeon

There's a fair few shorter ones on there too. I think Wild Arms only took me about 30 hours (meanwhile Wild Arms 2 was a two disc 60 hour affair), Koudelka is about 10-20 hours despite being four discs (probably because it's part horror game and those aren't usually long to my knowledge). Think Tales of Phantasia also took me about 30-40.

Thanks for reminding me, the Tales of… games can take a while if you take your time (though they usually rest around the standard 40-60 hours JRPGs tend to take)

This game really updated my flightplan.

Yeah, Symphonia, Abyss, and Vesperia generally ranged around 60-80 hours with me per playthrough, but the ones before and after have ran a bit shorter for me. Phantasia PS1 was about 30, Eternia was probably about 45-50, Graces f I want to say was about 50-55, and both Xillia games were about 50 (though I've seen some people make claims that Xillia only took them 30, and no, I am not counting playing both the Jude and Milla routes as a single playthrough). Not sure what Hearts R, Destiny PS1, and Zesteria clock in at yet. Same with the Japan only games/versions.

I need to replay both Black Gate & Serpent Island every two years or so.

Used to replay Shadows of Amn + Throne of Bhaal every couple of years until some fag complained at me that I haven't played some good RPGs that comed out lately. I do feel guilty about that but the games….

(I played the first Deus Ex game for the first time on 2014. What a great experience)

I like Arx Fatalis too, it made me forget a little bit about Ultima Underworld 1 (there's something about that game that not even the sequel had).

Just started playing 6 and it's pretty nice, even if I had to use the Bonus Points patch because I didn't have the patience to spend that long rolling a character with 16+ points. Are 1-5 worth playing?

I've only played 6-8, but I've heard that 5 is really good. 4 is supposedly the hardest RPG ever made.

Nostalgiafags fuck off.

Not even close nigger

My fucking nigger

Wiz8 is honestly my vote for best first-person dungeon crawler of all time

Pic not related I presume?

I really hate the combat in that game.

Arcanum is probably my favourite CRPG and I've replayed it numerous times, but I don't think you could ever drag it out to 100+ hours of playtime. It's more likely to last you 40-60 hours, maximum of 80 if you're a completionist.

Nice. I loved M&M 6. How do I get this game to work on a modern machine?

Read about it a while ago and it seems like there's loads of level scaled monsters in it…this might have been why I avoided.

That's a title I'd honestly say Wizardry 4 actually deserves. I'm not kidding when I say it's a game that's made grown men break down and cry in despair.

EXPERT
LEVEL
SCENARIO

10/10 not withstanding, Soulbringer is a really long game with a nice peasant to hero story.

Its not that hard and its barely an RPG. Its more of a puzzle game. The main problem comes from mapping the game as the Cube is fucking cancer to map with the mechanics in place with the wireframe graphics.
The PS1 remake makes it easier because you aren't stuck staring the same wall guessing the direction you are facing when on a spinning trap

I never got that. It's the same fucking engine and combat as Baldur's Gate and Icewind Dale. If you hate RTWP combat, I get it but I see combat in PS:T criticized way more than the other Infinity Engine games.

Final Fantasy VII tbh fam

Dragon's Crown

Is there a mod to increase combat speed (which is supposedly very slow)? Is there a mod to remove level scaling (which I loathe)?

Will aim to get this tonight

Op likes it when Wimmer fart in his mouth

Morrowind, but it's only 100 hours if you get sidetracked with the factions and do most of the interesting side quests that pop up.

Melee combat is shit and the rpg mechanics are poorly implemented but it has the best magic of any game I've ever played in terms of making you feel like a proper wizard that creates awesome overpowered spells.

And for the contrarian hipsters that hate it please name an rpg with better writing, setting, or level of progression (you start as some fuck who can't even fight mud crabs properly and end up as a literal god that can leap over mountains)

Morrowind was great but I basically fucked up my game completely.

As soon as I realised I could make my own spells, I spent a huge amount of time making spells for intelligence boosts to be able to make better spells for better intelligence boosts to make better spells etc etc and then just making a flight spell that moved me at super-luminal speeds lasting until the heat death of the universe.

I popped that fucker and then for some reason overwrote my only save file.

The spell was not going to run out in my life time. The slightest tap forward moved me the width of the map or crashed the game.

TFW I turned myself into a tachyon.

reading is for faggots

I thought VN's weren't games?

Literally every end game and expansion enemy has a passive 30% reflect effect that cannot be dispelled.
The only thing your "overpowered" spells will do is kill yourself.

You can get 100% magic immunity or reflection yourself when you're that powerful, negating the enemies 30% reflect.

Gothic is better.

That was easy.

Trails in the Sky FC & SC could last you a 100 hours if you do all the sidequests and read all the NPC stories.

Play dragon's dogma you fool