I have some bad news for you Holla Forums

I have some bad news for you Holla Forums

Hotwheels has released a "postmortem" blogpost.

In it, he talks about how Holla Forums became something he never wanted, that he would have never started this website if he had known how it would turn out and that he isn't posting on imageboards anymore.

https:[email protected]/* *//hotwheels-a-postmortem-9ea800d9227b#.axtzzbco0

He also apologized to Josh in it. Josh commented on the blog post on 16chan, the website where he has continued developing Infinity Next, which seems to be working quite well now.

16chan.nl/next/thread/3790#3813

DON'T DELETE THIS THREAD AGAIN HOTNIGLETS

So what the fuck do we do after this site inevitable dies or gets indoctrinated?

Josh please go

Imma miss you Freddit, but you made your own bed.
See you around SpicyWagon

That global vol who circlejerked on IRC instead of doing any administration?

What? And you're a day late faggot.

So was every SJW who wanted to vote "stay" in Brexit.

Sad, but true.

Cripplekike wanted to drown the site when it wasn't going his way, and when he couldn't, left it to die. Fuck him. He became numoot in record time.

Fuck this retard.
He is late by two months and allowed for a lot of disinformation to fly around because he couldn't be bothered to write a single paragraph to dispel the bullshit.
Plus, OP is late too. People already know about this.

I'm curious exactly what his "ideal, pure chan" actually is though. Nothing against pointing out what you don't like, but what you do specifically want is equally relevant.

nice try but nobody wants to use your shitty software

Whatever. Anyone going to post his nudes?

Also a lot of this seems like he couldn't handle the criticism or the growing pains of the website. Incidentally, neither could his body

who cares about any of this

i just want this shitty site to stay up

the internal drama of the moderators doesn't concern me so long as they provide the service and don't turn into a fucking dirty sellout in a way that directly affects me

Just noticed
This is now a dubs thread
Eat shit Josh
Throw yourself to Jims pig pen you kike

What does have to do with Frederick being an autistic spaz? I don't think he's a bad person, but his "idealist' values failed himself when he got pissed at libcuck brats spamming CP so they could ban his payment methods. And then he ignored the site and the people on it for a year because hired shitposters hurt his feelings. I wasn't the jackass putting him or his ego on a pedestal so they could watch him break.

Seriously, fuck you Josh.

Check around Holla Forums there's mentions of a decentralized *chan. The gist of what I get from all this drama, starting from 2014, is that one admin (or admin team) can not simply handle the stress related to payment processing, upkeep, CP posting, etc. And one server can't handle immense shitposting. So it's better to distribute that load.

He meant that he wanted it to be supported purely by charity, and not things like ads. Honestly, that might have been possible if everyone and their brother didn't want this site dead. Why ~3000 autists posting about anime and Hitler bothers so many people, I'll never know.

I like the guy, but he invited Reddit at the peak of our quality
And the effects can still be seen to this day, either with redditors or with jaded posters shitting the place up and not caring about their post quality at all
We invited more and more without realizing we couldn't fit them right away with our ways, and they took the place
And let's not take into account the technical problems, which were Infinite, along with a batshit insane pig-bait dev, a freemason ex-gov agent owner who pretends to not know anything and Cuckfornian laws regarding pictures

We are moving by mere inertia, and someday it will be over

GamerGate and SJW hostility

At least it was a fine ride until December 2014

Certain people with money don't like free speech.

Often partnered with the mention that there wouldn't be any real, effective administration because of the decentralization, off the top of my head.

That's what hits me and probably many others, we actually saw with our very eyes how a Holla Forums board could be "good" like the ancient oldfags told us
It is true that we were more enthusiast about it, so we made decent posts, and that it would sooner or later end, but we were at it for 3 months
We were highly demoralized fast in that month, and replaced slowly after. We always made shitposts from time to time, but this summer has been ridiculous

With that Freddit blogpost we can only think Breddit felt the same when he took a long look at this place and the overtly-narcisistic version of Holla Forums that actually broke with many of its original ideals

The day another chan appears that isn't based around Commiefornia or with a suspicious owner, i'll jump again. This new webm features and multi-image posting aren't worth it if we dont have good quality posters anymore

Actual ads come with privacy problems. And I think there are some terms and conditions that a site must follow to partner up with some networks. I imagine its stuff like
etc.

I think the ads from the user are a great idea, but I think people need more initiative about them. $20 to advertise to the entire site about anything, presidential candidate of choice (as seen before), something so dumb its funny (Trump coin ad), etc.

Not videogames.

Nice sage there, friendo

Get the fuck out Josh

It has a volunteer mod system where anyone can report posts using a special tripcode and node admins can trust the reports of specific tripcodes.
Technically, it'd be possible for that system to be handled client-side as well, allowing each user to pick and choose moderators (in addition to any trusted by the node admin), but it'd require a custom client or local proxy or something.

You'd have to show proof before anyone takes nntpchan seriously, don't pretend if and when the internet gets censored to death the government won't block protocols.

The worse part is that its still one of the best.
And yes, its been incredibly frustrating this summer starting from May and reaching its peak at E3.
Its slighly better now, but goddamn post and thread quality gets lower and lower each time Christmas and Summer hits.
I miss the old comfy generals we had.

Best fucking threads Ive had all this summer have been PC Engine ones.

Interpreting censorship as damage and routing around it is a seperate problem. Certainly one that can and should be solved; however, the question here was:
A decentralized site is significantly more durable than a centralized site.

I don't give a fuck about the question, that's not something you can just "re-route". Idiots are already trying to start a case on "combating racism online" and Hillary just got let off by the FBI. There's no time for retarded questions and answers.

Download II is pretty cooky, the final boss is cyber Hitler.

do it

Amazing, thanks for the recommendation

It's not like we're just going to stop posting or lurking imageboards, anyway. If I went back to forums with registration I probably would get banned in a day.

Saw this on Holla Forums the other day. Jewsh didn't deserve any apology, he consistently acted like a fucking nigger and did far more damage than he ever could have actually helped even if he put his ego aside for 2 seconds. I'm glad I'll never be so desperate to keep "friends" around that I'll apologize to a sociopath that robbed my userbase and stabbed me in the back who then proceeds to spit on my apology. The Next drama aside, it's still hard for me to sympathize with ol' Coldtires after he hung us out to dry for what feels like well over a year now. Jim and his son are cryptokikes who are inviting on even more sketchy people by the day, so I have even less faith in them, but until they overstep their boundaries by doing something like banning loli or deploying their own mods to the big boards then I can't be bothered to go anywhere else.

There's no such thing. Groupthink is an inevitability in any forum, making any forums (including chans) a flawed concept

I think the entire site can agree on this, Cold Tires is just being miserable and sad, but i agree with him if he's apologizing for inviting him in the first place, he mixed friendship with work, and in the end blasted both of them
Still, apart from having a sperg cunt like Josh as a friend being very questionable, i think Ardent Wheelchair was a good lad in his situation, someone who got more than he bargained for: a rampantly conservative userbase, some who descended into madness, a bunch of homosexuals doing a smear campaign, a supportive owner who actually took the site in an aggressive takeover on a jew-roll and no real friends to help him other than a conman who convinced him to pre-order a board… and a newfag kojidrone jew

I would've bailed as soon as possible if i saw that shit in paper

What do you mean by group think?

why the fuck is there still an infinity next?

he means niggers trying too hard to fit in

Whats wrong with fitting in?

R.I.P. imageboards.

I'm sure Jim, who currently owns this site, had nothing to do with the software that he and his son wrote being the source of the 2ch user data that was sold. Or the credit card data that was leaked from a server that Hiroshima didn't have access to.

Pure coincidence.

Ive been wondering what will come next.

So what do we move to 16 chan now?

Imageboard Migration Points
Best For Privacy:
16chan.nl (AGPL)
Best For Freedom of Speech:
librechan.net (masterchan.org is a honeypot.)
Best For Quality Discussion:
2chan.net (Need to know moon + have a Japanese VPN.)

No john, you are the cancer.