Oh hey, Valve is still pretending they care about TF2

Oh hey, Valve is still pretending they care about TF2.
And this doesn't look good.

Other urls found in this thread:

teamfortress.com/meetyourmatch/
teamfortress.com/meetyourmatch/faq/
teamfortress.tv/16179/no-hats-mod
playmidair.com/
wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/Item_sets
m.youtube.com/watch?v=r63CsrHZGR8
valvesoftware.com/email.php
breakdancingronaldreagan.bandcamp.com/album/please)
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Sorry Valve, but Blizzard already cucked you. Just move on.

Much like Valve Blizzard is cucking you as well Overbotcher

bump

Why live?

Odds of competitive cater exclusively to the retarded pocket roamer medic and scout set up?
Pretty high.
Those fags wouldn't know teamwork if it bit them in the ass.

When I filter the trade there's nothing left under 150ms

Refresh you fucking retard.

Use gametracker. Stock valve server browser gives you shit ONLY.

And I'm supposed to want to play this?

lol

What? Matchmaking has no bearing on the server-browser and Valve servers. There'll still be plenty of opportunities to pubstomp.

That SFM video is so fucking shit.
If this was three or four years ago they would have made an proper short, bringing in some of the VAs to record lines for it and all that.

They're just doing taunts that are already in the game. It's pretty pathetic.

At least they added swiftwater about four years late and the non-halloween version of sunshine.

Why should they?
They have retards making them billions of dollars every year buying funny hats and knife skins.

But I said the exact opposite.

Not really, they're still working at the languid "when it's done and working but not necessarily finished" pace they always have been. To my memory TF2 numbers have actually increased since Overwatch came out.

What a desperate move to try keep up with your competition.

Its going to bite them in the ass
It already is from the gambling bullshit, refund lawsuits and every TF2 autist hopping to Memewatch.

Good joke

This is new to me.

>teamfortress.com/meetyourmatch/

SHAME WE MADE THOSE WEAPONS USELESS IN THE LAST UPDATE SO THEY'RE NOT EVEN VIABLE IN PUBS LOL

I just want to trimp on the fucking ramps jesus christ valve

Meet The Pyro came out in 2012.

Youtube drama, the faggots are exposing themselves and each other as shills and con artists in the CSGO community.
Its going to reach Valve soon enough since its pretty much underage gambling at this point.

5 years to late and easily the worst of them.
At least we got an inferior sequel to a fun game that didnt need to be fleshed out featuring even more Reddit tier humour, which is blatant in its pandering which wasnt the case with the previous game, and a consolized reash of the same game people have been playing since 99 with slight changes most of them awful which an even bigger den of retardation and autism than before and now also a fucking gambling scam underneath it besides the fact that they completely crippled custom gamemodes because of Esports Matchmaking.
Also a MOBA.

Valve after 2010 is nothing but trash

Isn't Valve under FTC investigation because of that gambling site that used the Steam API recently which they allowed even knowing what it was for?

Hotwheels devoured my quote.

Didn't the site just use valve's openID system that lets you log in with your steam account?

I believe so, but that would still entail Valve having half a clue of what the site was for.

Basically people accusing Valve of encouraging gambling, despite the fact that any items you obtain from their game CANNOT be turned into actual cash any more. They're permanently in Steam Fun Bux. You can, however, trade them for real-world money through Paypal or something, but Valve does not support this method and greatly discourages its use.

Okay, sure, they have a bunch of community made maps and the launch of a game mode nobody ever cared about that wasn't made by the team, but it's fucking nothing.

No weapons, no rebalances, no MvM update, not even any new cosmetics or crates. For fuck's sake, there isn't even a new comic update.

Relax, kiddo. It's just the internet. I know how to refresh the server list. There's just no populated servers with good ping that aren't trade or idle where I am.

Did you not notice the "day 2" tab?

No, I did not. I'm so used to them churning out updates that last a single day at this point that it didn't even occur to me.

Why even get my hopes up, though? They've abandoned pretty much everything interesting they were doing. Community updates are all I can expect.

Wait, you have to give them your fucking telephone number? To what nefarious end?

The only thing they should've been adding to the game was maps and gamemodes, with the occasional engine update.

A shame that FagPouch mod couldn't do shit to recreate that, adding in items and non-team gamemodes once-more.

Valve's still pushing the authenticator unnecessarily hard, I remember hearing it was some hamfisted attempt at curbing cheaters and trade-scammers that didn't work at all because of burner phones and third-party throwaway phone-number apps.

give phone number or pay 9.99 for competitive pass.

increased user accountability. their words

What's that? You're too uncomfortable to give us your phone number? Oh that's okay, you can just pay a small fee of 10 dollary-doos to enter, goy! :^)

To stop their depserate support team from dealing with 500 children having their password phished every day.

Why wouldn't you attach your phone number to your steam account? Every other website that has decent security does it. Most people who whine about this are underage who don't have phone numbers. What's really funny is seeing these children attach public sms numbers to their accounts because they don't have phones and they can't buy their CS:GO skins anymore. You can look up any free public sms right now and type in the phone number in steams account recovery page and bam, you have access to hundreds of peoples accounts.

LOL

Why can't I hold all these buzzwords? If it was a Tumblr fanfic, it would be all about how Miss Pauline is a gay black transsexual who don't need no man. Instead, the only romance shown in comic is the smoldering ashes of Saxton's Hale's old relationship and Soldier sexxing a Russian amazon.

Miss Pauling is gay, according to the writers.

user…

Nice buzzword.

By the way, lrn2pyro.

Leddit being Leddit as usual.

to sell something on the marketplace, you now have to have a phone set up with steam authenticator, and you must have been using it for at least a week, otherwise your listing gets a 15-day hold before it posts for sale

every time you log into steam, you have to type a five-character alphanumeric key (in addition to your regular username/password) that is sent to the authenticator on your phone

No you fucking don't, It just auto logs in like usual if you have it set up to remember your credentials.

Hotwheels is dead dude

Pauling is gay according to Jay Pinkerton, whose contributions to the comic are dubious at best despite being credited as a co-writer. I remember the comic's artist wasn't too pleased when she heard him mouthing off about it on Twitter without any say from the other comic staff, though I don't know if Erik Wolpaw said anything about it. Either way the comic itself says absolutely nothing about it and it's the say-so of one former Cracked writer.

What?

Plus performance improvements, graphical improvements, bug fixes, new maps, tons of balance changes, a new game mode (passtime is pretty good), and a casual mode.

Also more contracts and skins for sure.

Might've gotten mixed up, you do have to enter a Steam Guard key on the website itself, but you don't have to enter any more than usual on the client.

Q: WHAT IF I CAN'T OR DON'T WANT TO PROVIDE A PHONE NUMBER?

A: If you are unable to associate a telephone number with your Steam account, you can purchase a lifetime Competitive Access Pass from the Mann Co. Store. When the Meet Your Match Update goes live, you will be able to buy the Pass at an introductory discount rate of $9.99.

He went from some burly mascot for a minor company to a rare-species-hunting destroyer of all things peaceful and natural that is the lead man of a destructive arms dealership.

Explain. Recoil control is way harder than in CS:S, hit boxes are smaller and harder to hit (and actually represent the fucking model). Bhopping is gutted on official servers and they axed custom gamemodes which makes me sad, but it's in no way consolized, which is made obvious by the fact that they quickly dropped the support for the console port, which was barely playable btw.

Saxton was always a bombastic hippie mauler heading an arms company.

Only took them 9 fucking years.

Saxton was introduced as a hyper-masculine, red meat eating, wildlife subduing purveyor of questionable arms from the very beginning. The game was originally set in the late 50s/early 60s and the man literally beat up hippies.

You're jumping at shadows.

Hey guy.

You're alright.

First appearance, user. Let's not mind the part where the hippies are presented as being somewhat reasonable, which is bullshit of the highest fucking caliber.

The idea is that it's still a matchmaking game, so it's more organized.

Judging by the 4 medals next to "Casual Mode" you can rank up in casual (or maybe they just mean your level in TF2?)

teamfortress.com/meetyourmatch/faq/

10 DOLLARY DOOS

If you put your phone number on your Steam account, it's free. The reason for this charge is some people don't want to put their phone numbers online, and unlike CS:GO they don't want to put people into two groups for competitive matchmaking. CS:GO has "Prime Matchmaking" which means that you're only placed in a game with other people who have a phone number attached to their account. If a person playing in Prime is hacking, and gets VAC banned, their phone number is permanently banned, even if the person purchases a new copy of CS:GO. This isn't a watertight solution to hackers, but it will still create enough of a barrier that a majority of them will avoid Prime Matchmaking.

This is the same concept in TF2, except they're keeping everyone together. However, instead of having it be open matchmaking (which would be a big problem for a free-to-play game) you either have to use your phone number (which is still subject to a permanent ban similar to CS:GO's Prime Matchmaking) or shell up $10. Again, not a huge barrier, but it's enough that it will at least stem the tide of hackers.

He was introduced as a sales mascot selling piss-in-a-jar.

This is bait right? People aren't really stupid enough to think Overwatches core game is even as good as TF2's right?

Even on Reddit people think TF2 is better.

A lot of TF2 players switched over to OW, because it was new and new is always exciting. Even people with thousands of hours just never got the same thrill out of it that they got out of TF2, and so many of them came back. Some of the higher skilled TF2 players stayed in OW, though, because well there's actual money in it. Blizzard wants to make it an esport (somehow) and so is just throwing buckets of cash at it.

There are people on Holla Forums, right now, who praise schlock like Neptunia and Senran because it has anime titties and waifus.

Of fucking course people are going to claim Overwatch is better.

This is probably why tf2 threads on 4chan's Holla Forums were tolerable for years; waifu posting didn't exist.

Except for the occasional homo making a roomful of himself, all was fine, until Pauling was introduced, and later redesigned.

don't forget that you still need a Premium account ontop of this

Oh god, here comes muh esports… and the fun is gone.

The fun's been gone for years.

m8 I've played both and I can assure you Overwatch is actually more mechanically deep than TF2

But both are fun games, so nobody really loses from playing either game.

Before the game went free to play it was regularly on sale for one to two dollars.
Buying literally any item in the store will get you a premium account.
I'm pretty sure just paying the ten dollars for matchmaking pass would also net you a premium account.

This looks neat, I've been getting back into TF2 lately and it's still really enjoyable. Having the possibility to actually complete matches without having people leaving and team getting shuffled is great

Be fair. Engineer is almost exactly the same.

DEEP

A sentry placed there in TF2 would be instantly destroyed by rockets from outside of its range.

Be fair. The DNC does the same thing.

Yes, its an ability that a character has, much like Scout's double jump.
H doesn't have a default binding in Overwatch, and assuming you're talking about the Q ultimate for le high noon man there are ways to counter people who use it, especially when his ultimate can only be used when he's in the open.

So Engineer when the rest of the team is relatively competent? I fucking play Engineer in TF2 and it's the same shit.

How does that have anything to do with the gameplay being mechanically deep?

I meant the whole "being MvP while doing nothing but whacking off for ten minutes" thing.

Why are people arguing TF2 is better than Overwatch when TF2 is plagued by this shit

>>>/reddit/

Not as powerful a regular sentry unless used skillfully?

Because you can deactivate all this shit and play the game. You're complaining about harmless cosmetics you don't even have to see

And it's piss easy to use skillfully.

This is by far the most jewish thing they have ever did. Give us your personal information or pay up ten bucks upfront, goy. Not even fucking activision faggots with blizzard ask you for that shit.

And which one of those two abilities is the most interesting gameplay wise?
Ah yes, instead of outskilling your opponent, use your ultimate mega-flega move to counter THEIR ultimate mega-flega move!
A sentry without an engineer constantly babying it has about 3 seconds to live. What could no one take out the sentry because their abilities weren't off-cooldown or some shit?
That's me shitposting about how bad OW's competitive system is.

For datamining obviously. Valve knows far better than anyone how effective that shitty phone account protection is, protecting retards wasn't the goal at all and this just further proves it. That is why you pay if you don't want to give your phone number because if even then you don't give it to them then at least they get that money they would have gotten through other means.

Hard to tell whether they're Valve shills or just Reddit being cancer as usual.

why do Overwatch fags constantly ruin tf2 threads

A device that removes automatic aiming from the turret and focuses that purpose onto a much weaker character?

Why are we arguing about what pile of shit smells worse.

don't forget that lighbulb head for the pyro. Not a halloween season cosmetic. You can actually wear this piece of shit without restrictions

you can't

That's the problem. Why not be absolute, rather than pander to everyone?

Are you retarded? Phone numbers are fucking publicly available. Have you ever heard of a fucking phone book?

teamfortress.tv/16179/no-hats-mod
there's tons of mods

THE DAMN THING HAS FUCKING AUTO-AIM

THERE IS NO SKILL WITH IT

IF YOU CAN PLAY HEAVY, YOU CAN WRANGLE

WHERE THE FUCK IS TRIBES
WHY IS NO ONE MAKING TRIBES CLONES
FUCK YOU HIREZ AND YOUR SHITTY PALADINS, I HOPE IT DIES

Please explain, because in my dumb mind I think it's better for a game to have a cohesive visual style rather than having to disable major components of a game altogether because Valve has no quality control

To validate why they paid $40+ to play with retards in a dumbed down clone.

Will that stop the gamblers from coming to the buffet?

Wait what? Isn't the wrangler that thing that shields the turret while allowing manual aim? Or was it the smaller turret with the flashing lights? I forgot.

Your name is also publically available in the phonebook, does that instantly mean your identity is no longer personal information either?

I only paid $9, and some of us actually paid for the Orange Box when it came out too. So suck it, faglord.

The Wrangler allows you take control of your turret while giving it a shield that reduces damage taken.

However, the wrangler LOCKS ON to enemy players when you waggle it in their general vicinity. It requires no skill and is a straight upgrade under any circumstance.

I hate how dummies use mods as a viable defense. I shouldn't have to reinvent the wheel I paid for in order to make it good.

Uh, names aren't identities, you dumbshit, they're identifiers. You seem to not understand the difference between personal and public information.

?
Gambling is a CSGO problem.

I mean I know you just want to complain, and all this is pointless, but at least try not to fake it.

where did you get it for $9?

You got Overwatch with the Orange Box? That's nice. Try reading what people are replying to next time, faggot.

I traded in games I already backed up/pirated to fucking Gamestop

Then stop playing the game. You have all the solutions to fix the problem, if you don't want to fix it then fuck off and let people that enjoy this enjoy it.

I mean shit what is wrong with you?

Only tribe clone im aware of.

playmidair.com/

No, you should learn how to read. I said I got Overwatch for $9 AND I also bought the Orange Box, which includes TF2, before TF2 went F2P, so >>9961720's claim that some people have buyer's remorse is stupid as shit.

So the thing about scouts double jump is that it can be used anywhere. It means a player who is fighting a scout has to keep in mind at all time that the scout can double jump away, this requires a grater level of map knowledge to both use the scout and fight against a scout.
A context sensitive skill is context sensitive, and requires one only know where it can be used based on spots that players are intended to think about in particular spots, a player playing as the character with the ability to climb certain walls only needs to know where the designated climbing walls are located, and a player playing against them would only have to know where the walls are.

The scouts double jump is also more then just a way of gaining vertical mobility, its also a way to get out of being pyro chain-airblasted, avoid incoming rockets, gaining horizontal moment, avoiding bullets and probably more. Scouts double jump has many uses some of which may not have been intended by the developers. For a better example of players doing things with the games mechanics that they didn't even think of themselves I'd use the Engineer as the best example. So many of the early glitches involved using the teleports and dispensers in way not expected to get to places not expected.

Uh, m8, the climbing ability can be used near anywhere too, it's not really context sensitive.

No you didn't. You traded in $31 worth of games you stupid cunt.

Except the Orange Box has other games besides Team Fortress 2 you fucking idiot.

Iv never played overwatch, nor have i seen much of it, can the climbing skill be used in places where there is nothing to climb on to?

You can track phone numbers through cell phones

I bought TF2 standalone boxed. I'm still mad about p2w.

You can always climb up any wall. But, if there's nothing up there to stand on, you'll just fall back down.

The game would've died without F2p.

Please read your post again and realize how stupid it sounds.

Wallclimbing is only on two characters and it's not really supposed to be used in a fight like the scout's double jump. One character it's on is a sniper so he can actually reach decent vantage points and the other is an assassin so he can attack from flanks.

Good. Sometimes if you love something, you have to put it down.

Then put it down. Let other people enjoy it.
It's like you're mad about it going f2p, but you don't play it anyway because you wanted to kill it

what's the difference?

To be fair to OW, Jeff Kaplan said they're going to remove coin flip come the fall season of competitive

user: You know that anybody can track a phone number because it's a phone number, right?

Pay good attention to the third part of the webm, and realise just how little Valve gives a shit about their core audience.

Now the question remains: Will it actually steal people away from Overwatch?

I don't think you understand what "put it down" means. I mean "put it down" the way you put down a dog with terminal cancer. It's better to let a game die with some grace than drag its death out longer, ruining the mechanics in the process. And you keep saying f2p, which makes me think you didn't read my original post. I didn't say f2p. I said p2w.

It wasn't and still idn't but please keep clucking that meme that started on reddit from people that didn't play the game.

Don't be so weak. Let me be rude.

So? You don't need to pay mone to win at the game. who gives a shit if some retard gets hooked?

I had a friend that played 800 hours of pokemon diamond, nobody ever gave a shit about that.

Then you're even more wrong. The game isn't pay to win.
I'd ask you to explain why you think it is, but you'd probably call me an ugly cunt and insult my mother.

I'm sorry if I was too ambiguous:
People with the right amount of resources can track your phone number through cell phones (e.g. corporations, feds, buyers of halfchan info)

user, again, cell phone numbers are publicly available already. What isn't available is who they're attached to.

No because overwatch caters to Moba faggots not people looking to play a team based shooter.

What part of "audience" do you not understand?

They'll pay more attention to profit, than anything else. They'll become faceless, and that doesn't bother you?

But Overwatch has nothing in common with ASSFAGGOTs

Holy shit, are people browsing here really that retarded?

Valve is doing the mobile authenticator shit as a way to say they're not responsible if stupid people get sharked/scammed.
It's basically their own laziness to cover their asses

I never said that either. Why are you trying so hard to look dumb?

Not as long as I enjoy the game they're making. When they start making the game less enjoyable then I'll actually have something to say.

I mean shit if I had to stop playing every game made by a company that has done bad business I wouldn't play any games at all.

People who still have trouble with Torbjorn in OW are fucking retarded mongoloids and should quit video games.

Everyone and their mom can counter him or outplay him.

Meanwhile Engie cucks shit up in tf2 with it's stupid sentry missile/wrangler, no Q required.

You have to stop and consider.
Overwatch is for league faggots
Who don't really play games
Who need their ability sets really limited
And want Token personality characters they can identify with.
With the exception of the medic whom uses a gun that heals people, instead of hurting them, virtually the entire tf2 cast is the same character with a different nationality.

Where as overwatch special attention was made to have each character be their own special snowflake that thousands of people can identify as and feel unique for playing.

Except by then, you'll be fucking powerless to stop them, since they'll already have their cash cow up and running.

That's the kind of dumb fucking logic that creates Orwellian governments overnight, by going "not my problem".

Show some fucking concern. Will you?

You're retarded.

user, none of that is true and I wonder how you even came to that conclusion.

lol

user, this isn't even remotely close to being true.

I'm giving you this reply because you honestly got me with this.

Don't label it all under "bad business".

Some are worst than others and have a sutble but direct effect in you as a consumer.

Their entire personality can be boiled down to "Wants to shoot the guy wearing a different colored shirt"
The different accents and voices thing was so that when people are soamming voice commands you can tell which class is saying what.

Their "personalities" are virtually irrelevant to gameplay.

Nigger, tell me the last 10 games you have played and if they weren't all open source or made and self published by some guy in pakistan then it's very likely that they have been made by some company that has done shit business or fucked with their users in some way.

You mean the items you get for free by playing the game? There is no weapon you can't get by playing the game.

>TF2c will still remain dead

Just W+M1 loser

At least put Pyro in there if you're going to bait.

As expected, a boatfag is a retard

They're 'mercenaries' user.

How can a personality have effects on gameplay?

So Jewry is just what you're used to, then?

Don't be so pathetic. Have a goddamned spine. It's people like you that get fucked over by every Indie dev on the face of this planet.

I will be sure to tell that to people who complain about being able to purchase stuff in other games. I remember an APB thread recently about how everyone in that game runs around with the most overpowered weapons because they bought things they could get for free (given enough time and luck), but as you said since its technically possible to get for free then obviously it could never be P2W.

Oh wait you're retarded the game is P2W.

I'm getting fucked by not spending any money in a game that I like.
Yes, it makes sense.

Wait I'm going to deprive myself of playing ANY games at all, so I'll be sure to not be fucked by any company.

That good for ya? Jeez.

But there aren't any weapons that are more powerful than others. The weapons that have been added have downsides and advantages.
Not to mention it's not about winning, you can just play for fun to get them.

I mean shit I have dropped every single weapon in the game and I was dominated by a scout that was using the default scout weapon. The whole fucking lobby was.

You're getting fucked by letting casuals more concerned with their items becoming the majority over you.

Do people still believe unlocks in tf2 are upgrades?

Good to hear that everything is perfectly balanced and nothing could ever be situationally better. That TF2 has never needed balance adjustments and that you're fucking retarded and defending P2W.

Any ability to purchase something that affects gameplay in any matter makes the game, per definition of the term, Pay to Win.

Ladies, ladies, please! You're ALL fucking retarded!

You're fucking retarded for suggesting something isn't pay to win because you can put time in to it to get what you can get by buying it, and

YOU'RE retarded for thinking the stock weapons aren't usually the best weapons in the game!

See how easy that was?

What? How am I doing that by playing the game and not caring about crates and shit?

Do you even read what you post?

The game isn't about winning, there are no advantages for winning, so your whole point is moot.

I know what you're trying to say, but you're complaining about weapons that can be dropped by playing the game itself that you would get anyways by playing in modes that you can drop in and out. Game modes that have neither advantages for winning, nor losing.

You are just complaining for the sake of complaining.

Oh boy, more faggots that don't play games pretending like they know what they're talking about.

Oh, ok, so you're playing semantics and you're in no way interested in actually debating the positive and negative sides of the unlock system, you just want to throw in a nice little box called "Pay2Win" because that follows your view of the world and makes it easier to hate.

No, not everything is perfectly balanced, and no, some things are situationally better. But guess what, balance most often than not favors stock weapons and most of the ~important~ weapons are obtained through the achievement milestones.

It's pay2win in the largest definiton of the term, because in the end nobody is going to give a shit if you drop 20 bucks to buy a Phlogistinator.

You're fucking retarded.

Hell for "best weapons" the stock weapons (what you start the game with) are 75% of the list.

Other people are buying the "crates and shit", making you worthless to the developers demands.

Still doesn't alter the literal definition of pay to win.

Holy shit.

Also doesn't alter the literal definition of pay to win.

Yes. Stating the actual definition of a term and saying that a game adheres to that term is "semantics". You're completely right.

You seem to be going back and forth in your logic. So I'm just going to put it simply for you.

Games are a business. By buying them you are giving the publisher money. In the world, there isn't one publisher that has a clean slate, they have all done terrible shit.

Now if you are actually complaining about me not spending any money at all on a game that I like, you might actually be retarded since I have absolutely no clue why I would be getting fucked in any way.

Now if you actually want to try to make a point I will discuss this further with you, but having you telling me greentexts and weird poor thought out ideas is making both me and you dumber.

You're as bad as the fucking Spec Ops: The Line dev who said "If you didn't want to be bad why did you keep playing :^)

Literally the entire point of EVERY SINGLE TF2 MATCH is to WIN THE MATCH. That's why there is a WINNING TEAM and a LOSING TEAM that the game itself DECLARES. WINNING IS THE END POINT OF THE MATCH. WINNING IS THE GOAL OF THE MATCH. WINNING IS L I T E R A L L Y THE POINT OF THE GAME.

Games are entertainment.

The actual definition of the term "Pay2Win" is a game where you pay money to win, i.e. spending money greatly enhances your chances to win.

Buying shit in TF2 does not enhance your chances to win at all. Except for a little number of exceptions, buying shit in tf2 (which is something really nobody does) provides you with another tool that you MAY use to win the game.

Well, that's not exactly true, frying pan is a direct upgrade to stock.

Watch out or he'll think you're serious

Explain to me why it is. Greentexting isn't an argument.

If you truly believe what you're saying then tell me why, greentexting is the fucking lowest common denominator of having a discussion in this place. You're not refuting any arguments, you're not presenting your opinions and you're not doing anything good for the discussion.

You have a gun with which you can shoot back.

You're right, it isn't.

Why would you play comp matches if you're not ready for them?

Wait so your argument is that if you go to a tourney for TF2 then it's competitive and winning matters?

You realize how little sense this makes?

Entertainment is a business.

But the entertainers need money to provide the entertainment, because people need food, shelter, clothing, etc, servers need power, internet connection, etc. And, other than air, none of that is free.

The old set bonuses made some class loadouts better, and the easiest way to get the hats required to complete the set was through buying them on the in game store.

That sounds pretty P2W to me user, even if Valve came to their senses and patched it out a few years ago.

The same can be said for art.

The secret to all of this is killing Jews.

Holy shit dude, read the context of that second reply. I'm mocking the dude who said TF2 isn't about winning. You're as retarded as him.

I am that dude you dumb fucking retard, and your point makes no sense whatsover.

The definition of pay to win is "any purchase you can make to get an item that changes the gameplay". Pay to Win doesn't literally mean that you have gained a token or whatever to instantly succeed. It means you paid for something that changes the game.

I don't think your autism can hold it. I could see you playing Ludo and refusing to move your player pieces forward just because "its not about winning" unironically.

According to who?

id grown bored of tf2 long ago, but this is pretty sad to see.
overwatch is no replacement either, dont be fooled.
it could have been but you dont have as much freedom in how games are set up. its just forced competitive all the time. the only thing that will invoke feelings of tf2 are the variety of classes and weapons.
but its an inferior casual game, and an inferior competitive game.

What the fuck is the difference between winning and losing if there are no advantages?
Are you actually telling me you're having more fun if the game tells you "GOOD JOB YOU'RE GOOD"?

Are you fucking 12?

Alright then, lets go over your equally as retarded reply.

Now why would you want to shoot back if the game isn't about winning? Why not just let the other team kill you? Surely there's no reason not to?

That's literally objectively false, but good try

Oh we were ready, but we LET them win! Because it's not about winning! :^)

The point
Top of the eiffel tower
A strangely low-hanging cloud
Bottom of the eiffel tower
Sewer system underneath France
The core of the earth
Your head

Yup I knew it.

According to people smarter than you who knows what the word "definition" means and don't believe everything is based on emotions like some leftycuck.

wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/Item_sets
There are only two sets in the whole game that give more damage if the set is completed, and that is only if the other person also has a completed set.

I think the only one that actually made the class better was the Pyro's set and Milkman (though that was situational given how much of a mess the Shortstop was).

Most of the other sets gimped your gameplay too much to make the bonus worth it. Piss rifle is automatically inferior to stock, Eternal Reward makes infiltration a bitch, and the Battalion's Backup was inferior to all of Soldier's other secondaries.

Stormfags are really this naive, huh?

Explain.

Why can't they just make Half Life 3 already?

Because half life isn't a good game and the only good thing that came out of it was the engine and even that rapidly depreciated in usefulness.

How would they sell you gambling lockboxes in a singleplayer game?

WHERE'S THE BINGO CARD? WHO HAS THE BINGO CARD?
Time to get smug.

the flow of the game tends to be very different if youre winning or losing, public games tend to be rather one sided.

To play? Because that's how you have fun while playing a game? The outcome of the game has nothing to do with the enjoyment you get out of it.

It's not a competitive game. It wasn't built to be one. If you, subjectively feel like it is competitive then sorry for you, but it isn't objectively true.
They are only now doing an update to make it competitive, that should tell you enough.

Are you still talking about being in a tournament of some kind or…? I'm having trouble following your mental gymnastics here bud.
You don't go to a tournament if you're not ready to play. And if you're not in a tournament then there's no reason why you would play a competitive match unless you're ready to play it.

And no, I still have absolutely no clue what you're talking about. If you want to explain to me what you're actually trying to say without sperging out then I'm here.

This is not an argument? What?

They're sort of responsible for making art worthless.

Please read my entire post next time, okay user?

The Saharan set was pretty busted if you were playing a skilled Spy.

I think all we can tick off before tomorrow is 9v9 scrapped.

Because they know they are going to fuck it up. If they were to attempt to make it, they are going to fuck up somewhere down the line and everyone is going to hate them for it. Valve has clearly shown that they aren't going to do anything new in terms of video games, so instead they selected the easy way out and stayed with the shit they have now because it's already hard to fuck something good.
Except CS:GO, fuck that game

Holy shit, you're literally the most retarded person I've ever talked to, and I used to know a landwhale feminazi with actual downs syndrome. You have issues or actual autism that I'm not sticking around to deal with.

here you go fam

Let me rephrase my question.

Why is Gabe such an obese backstabbing Jew who enjoys shitting on his long time fans?

Why would I need to argue with someone who would intentionally refuse to win a game just to prove that "its not about winning :^)"?

So you don't have a point and you're just resorting to ad-hominem insults. Got it.

Oy vey remember the 6 billion jews who died in the holocoaster

So, far your argument for the definition of P2W is "this is the definition because I say so." So, your saying you just get to decide because your smarter than everyone? Are you seriously this dense? You aren't even arguing about anything except "I'm right because I say I'm right." Which, I shouldn't have to point out is completely circular logic.

Who said that I refuse to win a game?
I play the game, then if we win we win and if we lose we lose.
Who cares?

Jesus Christ are you retarded?

Thanks, brofam.

no creeps, no items/talents, no towers, no tree/shrine/ancient/nexus, you can change characters willy nilly, no wards (arguable due to Symmetra), no runes, no woods/jungle, and, other than ultimates, there is no character progression.

It's a class-based first-person shooter.

Stillborn is the actual ASSFAGGOTS. Probably literal assfaggots as well.

Because your a fan of the production director, not the guy that actually does most of the coding, and a re shit faced hipster that doesn't understand what most of the valve fanbase wants considering you are hilariously oblivious to how big the modding scene for halflife was.
Any more questions?

As a guy who played and loved TF2 before Valve and the playerbase went full retard with the hats and all, I'm curious, why would people care about this? Is it the "investment" they made with their money on dumb useless items and their time? Is is that they are literally autistic? Caring about fucking balance in TF2? I cannot comprehend this shit.

What is the objective of the game and do you try to participate in that objective by fulfilling the objective or hindering your opponents using the means provided to you in any way?

Ok.

By the way, there is nothing wrong with liking a game that is pay to win.

Yes

So you're playing to win the game. Yet you claim the game is not about winning. You're a hypocrite.

No, I'm claiming winning doesn't matter you dumb shit.

Whatever.

So you're playing to win the game. Yet you claim winning doesn't matter. You're a hypocrite.

When did I say I liked TF2? Seriously don't put words in my mouth. I'm only talking about defining the term "P2W." Again, instead of actually presenting an argument, information, or opinion you've just stated that you're right.

All I want to know is why you think you're right user. Is that so hard?

No, I'm an adult. I don't have to win 100% of the time to have fun.

Get real. All updates after the pyro joke reveal have entirely been by community leader who now run most to all of the updates. Valve doesn't give a shit about tf2, and they certainly expect you to care about opening crates like a good goy.
Valve has abandoned TF2 and because they literally dont need to do a thing, its self sustaining at this point. And everyone who is still playing it should abandon it too.

Being "omg such an adult" doesn't omit you from being a hypocrite.

Ok.

No but at least I can say that I am not a child that argues over dumb semantics when he has been proven wrong multiple times.

You can say whatever you want, that doesn't mean its correct.

Right back atcha

I literally did not mention TF2 nor did I make any statements about it being or not being pay to win. I didn't even say anything about any what being pay to win means. I literally only questions the validity of your definition of the term. My point was questioning your refusal to discuss the implications of pay to win and instead dogmatically defending your definition without any citations or explanations of why it is correct. This isn't about TF2 or being pay to win it's about you being an idiot that doesn't understand fundamental logical notions about having a discussion with another human being.

That sounds like loser talk, to me.

Sure. I'm not the one who is playing to win a game. Yet claiming that winning doesn't matter.

They're two completely different things that do not exclude each other, so you have absolutely nothing to stand on here.

Hahahaha holy shit. This isn't your regular denial. This is SUPER DENIAL.

Did I just see someone say that If I buy any cosmetic item in any game..its automatically a P2W system?

The mindset to think this is that of a child

Also Overwatch would fit that definition then, hell any game with dlc or a store would.

Following the objectives of the game doesn't mean that I think winning matters.
But whatever makes you sleep at night user, you're basically arguing over semantics, and I know you're way too dumb to actually have a discussion with.

only good thing about tf2 was that it didnt have matchmaking tbh, overwatch is great but man, its so full of sweaty tryhards that get *triggered* if youre not running an optimal team comp

This right here, motherfuckers, is the best part of this update. Quickplay and Valve servers absolutely killed community servers over the years. Now that you can't get the true pub experience through the quickplay system anymore, people will have to seek out community servers again. Tiny communities of regulars will pop up, custom maps and game modes will be played, micspam will be heard once again, would-be modders, mappers, and server hosters will be incentivized. This could very well be the start of a TF2 silver age. Or, at the very least, it will weed some of the dumbest kids out.

Is it time for another fuck you drybones 8/v/ TF2 server?

Reached the botom of the barrel have we?

You're going to have to point to the post that says so, because I sure as shit didn't since cosmetics don't alter GAMEPLAY. If by any chance you're strawmanning this argument then holy shit you're retarded kill yourself. If not then move along.

Oh I'm not even near your level of low, hypocrite.

And here we have ad-hominem
You're hitting all the stops!

That depends entirely on valve pub servers existing and it being possible to "queue" up for them.

Depends, will it be run by a faggot running the plugin that extends airblast delay because they are a baby that cried about getting reflect killed all the time despite it being common knowledge the time it takes for a soldier/demo to shoot again is the same time it takes a pyro to airblast again.

>Soldier mains still think pyro is unbalanced

Hey, quit ignoring me. I'm still waiting for the response to

So if I add a feature that you have to pay for that when you get attacked by an enemy's new attack that kills you instantly and gives you a game over, is it pay to win?
That changes the gameplay you know

get a fucking room you two

Nothing fucking irritates me more than having to mute everyone at the start of a round because they thought it would be hilarious to spout the same fucking soup clip god knows how many times.

It's disgusting and you should be ashamed of yourself

There's maybe one or two weapons that have absolutely no drawbacks compared to stock but the only one I can think of off the top of my head is Third Degree which is stock + a hyper-situational ability to harm both a medic and the patient connected to him by a beam with axe-swings.

Weeabootique FOREVER

Maget Engie was way better

Bullshit, the beauty of pubs is you can get any class/loadout to work with enough practice.

Which is why it is pathetic when you see skilled players running competitive classes/builds in pubs, just looks like they are afraid of challenging themselves.

Coming from an old competitive TF2 player that tried to get his fix from Overwatch, it gets worse the better you get.

Its a shell of a competitive game, but the meat is casual.

How is TF2C anyways? I heard the devs went full on autistic and now the game is dead like Fortress Forever,

Fuck off faggot

You see while every business has had its fair share of shady crap happen, some are objectively worst for the consumer in the mid-long term.

Take example microsoft, when the XboxOne was showcased:

Kinect always on.
No used games.
Exepensive as fuck.
Digital games only
Region locked.
Online only.
Final Destination.

They took away half of those because people complained it was retarded and they weren't going to buy it, the didn't stand idly by going:
"Well I guess not every company is a saint."

A company laying off a couple of employees unfairly is bad, but a company that does the same with hundreds, ruins franchises and shits on the consumer with prices and shady dlc practices doesn't deserve to stand, it is objectivy worst.

That one amazing game you wished it had a sequel? The company that made it got bought out by a bigger one and they took shit on the franchises corpse, and they have a habit of doing that, but you don't care they made game you like.

You should care becuase eventually you will barely have any games to like in the first place as companies that adopt the shitty business practices of others to survive. The games you do like would be like 90$ a pop in the future where everyone adopts that attitude. Vote with your wallet whilst buying games you like. When you like certain features in games its cause theres DEMAND for those features you nihilist egocentric cuckboy.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=r63CsrHZGR8

Your choice of servers are furry servers and AlphaBlaster's server

AlphaBlaster will stalk your observable internet history for some "degeneracy" to ban you over and if he can't find anything he'll ban you for breathing wrong, he has dedicated ass lickers who support the refusal to let in new blood

The game itself strayed entirely from "TF2 with elements from beta/TFC" and now it's trying to be its ~own thing~ by forward-porting live TF2 features/weapons and stupid shit like a deathmatch mode for a team game and a TTT-like mode

Thats why I said Weeabootique:
Only one person micspamming at a time.
Music is alright, mostly weeb and some meme music.
Anyone, ANYONE, who bitches about micspam is votebanned within seconds.

The votekicking/banning is probably why the server is still tolerable, the server is more hostile to outsiders than the early days of /a/.

I can't believe that people can look at shit like this in the video and still believe that Bastion is not overpowered. The only thing anyone has to say to counter him is to peek him constantly like your are playing peek-a-boo with an infant. All of the arguments that Bastion can be easily countered basically boil down to "pray to god he doesn't notice you." I've had times where I have snuck up on a Bastion as D.VA, hit him a few times, he eventually notices his health is going down and casually turns around and turns my 500 health into nothing.

competitive tf2 also had a very non flexible metagame. which is why i hate how the competitive mindset is forced down everyones throat

That's how it was on all Holla Forums servers except the designated shitting server

Basically all my complaints.

The game is built for esport. So it's built for "powerplays". Shooting each other only serves to build ultimates needed for those powerplays.

This reminds me of 7chan's shit tf2 server. It devolved into people not playing the game at all.

It's only gonna get worse from here on out no matter what they do.

Last time I was on a server that had any resemblance of teamwork was like 3 years ago.

Sad!

shhhh

You know what a great way of doing that is?

Not having the fucking thing go f2p.

Fucking valvedrones.

This statement proves you are terrible.

Dva is shit, objectively the 2nd worst class in the game bar zenyatta. She does no damage and has a head the size of a barn.

Bastion is horrible because he has no mobility and the second you notice him, he is forced to relocate against any decent sort of team. You could argue he needs buffs as he sees no play on anything besides payload in high level.

Literally noone cared about pro comps in TF2 on any server besides having 1 medic. Unless you were actually in a league, you could do anything you wanted and have fun.

Competitive metagame? You mean Highlander or 6s? 6 was about mobility and highlander was about pushing power.

Powerplays are dumb. Whats currently ruining competitive is that Mercys ult charges in roughly 35 seconds, meaning you have to win a teamfight twice every fight unless you kill her immediately, forcing both teams to run Mercy to counter Mercy.

Comp players who'd been around since pre-F2P were banned in recent VAC waves, I believe. I remember a huge amount of players in high-profile comp leagues were banned for aimbotting or otherwise cheating a couple months back, most of them snipers.

Not to mention there were hackers and plenty of 'em long before F2P, but keep blubbering about valvedrones.

Hey any of you fags still playing want tog et some achievements together?

There's a new update coming this March and Alpha laxxed up a bit.
See you there, faggot.

Are there any mods to fix/replace the shitty cosmetics with ones that are closer to the art style or will I have to do that myself manually?

I sincerely doubt Alpha laxing on his faggotry is going to last but I might look into it if the update's worth a pinch of shit

….There are literally mods for almost anything in Tf2 by this point.

It'd be great if TF2C had an active playerbase of at least 100, I wouldn't have to play in furry servers or a "Holla Forums" server that's actually just filled with a bunch of meme-loving Holla Forumstards.

Yeah sure friend, but is it ultimately going to be a waste of my time?

I'm assuming that post was meant to be directed at me.

Hackers being in TF2 before F2P is just an indication of Valve's failure to be able to catch them even when there is a pay wall. Which just means that the pay wall they are now trying to push for competitive now won't do jack.

If they really are better at catching hackers now then the pay wall that they took down hen TF2 went F2P would suddenly become useful.

Either way, the bottom line is that by insisting on a pay wall for TF2 Competitive, while simultaneously keeping the main game F2P, Valve are suggesting they are fine with hackers running amok on their public servers.

Don't try justifying Valve's bullshit.

But that what Holla Forums is.

yes
because of sv_pure 1 and dead community servers

Get out, faggot.

Except for one that turns it into a good game.

The fundamental difference is that if you don't laugh at Holla Forums memes, people might call you a faggot.

If you don't laugh at Holla Forums memes, you get called a Jew and banned.

If you care about removing things that dont effect gameplay besides making people easier to notice and literally cant just copypaste a file into your TF2 folder then yes, it would be a waste of your time.

I could do what you are asking in 1 minute.

Oy vey but i'm a russian jew and no one ban me!

I don't recall stating that - one is a bland piece of shit and the other is an unfocused mess. But OW is definitely at the center of the current gaming zeitgeist. I was just stating that Valve looks desperate in its attempt to make TF2 relevant again in the face of another colorful cartoon shooter attracting all the casuals.

do you at least know of anything that removes just paints? Or at least makes them default to the various red and blue paints that are available?

Probably some material edits.

They look desperate because they've neglected the game for the past three years, other than to periodically milk it for more shekels with new cosmetics and the addition of skins.

alright I'll see what I can do.

Yo but that trailer just gave me the best idea ever.
The engineer should be able to build a wheelchair that allows slower classes to be pushed around by the faster classes. Like a scout wheelchairing a pyro around.

TF2 still pulls in over $1,000,000 per week. It's definitely not irrelevant.

For the amount of money it makes, Valve really neglects it. But then again, Valve does EVERYTHING completely half-assed.

They put one-sixty-fourth of an ass into TF2.

The TF2 team is less than a dozen strong. The rest work on Dota, CS:GO, VR, Steam itself, or secret projects.

It was and I'm a retard, must've refreshed the page and quoted myself or something.

The paywall isn't their solution for hacking, the Steam Guard authenticator is. It works about as well as you'd expect, ie not at all; adding LMAOBOX to VAC was a more thorough solution than introducing the authenticator which failed to reduce the rates of trade/market scamming and competitive matchmaking hacking. Last I recall, high-rank CS:GO still has more hackers than legitimate players at high ranks.

They aren't fine with hackers, but they also don't want to grit their teeth and come up with a better solution than a blanket inconvenience that amounts to barring you from the service depending on what it is you're going for (it's easier to flat-out not trade than it is to wait 15 fucking days to get a scrap metal).

Learn what's going on, the game having a price was never intended to function as a hacking deterrent. Matchmaking having a paywall if you don't have the authenticator is to try and get you to use the authenticator.

It's this wild new thing called an example

reminds me of a quote from a call of duty dev(black ops maybe) who said that the players who complained the most were the skilled ones. He act as if it was a suprise; just goes to show how clueless the people who make these games are.

for

Your example is stupid and unrealistic. You grape.

TF2C was comfy as fuck until the developers, the server managers and the userbase all simultaneously went full-retard. For a while it was pretty much a less-faggoty weeabootique with only one person micspamming at a time, with good shit being played. Then Alphysblaster uploaded the video of 6 people micspamming over each other and spammed it everywhere and suddenly EVERY match was like that becuase memes and lolsorandumb

Bastion isnt really "Overpowered" becuase once you learn how to deal with him, he's no longer an issue and his extremely low skill ceiling prevents him from ever being an issue at higher play. However, Bastion IS the biggest example of how low the skill floor for the game in general is. Compare him to Heavy from TF2. Heavy has great firepower at close to medium range and can mow down a room full of people but his gun has tons of spread at medium to long range, has wind up and on top of this, you are a huge, slow target. You can self heal but that means having to rely on your melee in situations where you'll be dead before you can get your windup going. So even the worst heavys slowly learn things like when to engage and when not to engage, to take a medic with them and keep them alive, and learn techniques like winding up while jumping around corners. Bastion, on the other hand, is just set up and rack up kills with your no-spread no-falloff turret and self heal whenever you take damage. Even the most braindead of Bastion players can rack up 3-4 kills easily (Which in a 6v6 game is a death sentence), even against a skilled team if he sets up somewhere they arent immediately expecting because they will be dead before they have a chance to react.

bastion absolutely has weapon spread and damage falloff

Not enough with the tiny ass map sizes

Remember to write that fat fucking jew to cut this shit out in a polite and respectful manner.

valvesoftware.com/email.php

It worked several times before with Hatred, the Dota 2 shit and paid mods. Can't hurt to send your displeasure.

Or, you know, they just don't want to give out their personal number if there's no need for it?

Micspam can be so much fun. Once joined some dumbshit clan server and played this (breakdancingronaldreagan.bandcamp.com/album/please) for about five minutes, the ensuing fervor was so thick you could have cut it with a knife. Kids were screaming for an admin to come in like no tomorrow, spamming the chat with "HOW DO I MUTE". It was a riot.

Pyro is male confimed
Second round of class updates confimed

Why hasn't it updated yet.
Fucking Valve