Guys… what the fuck happened?

Dark Souls had unique beastiary, likeable characters you'd grow bonds with be it ally or enemy. You'd even weep after killing certain bosses because they had beautiful lore behind them. Everything you did, everyone you met, felt like it had a meaning.

In Bloodborne, every npc is basically a soulless hollow smudge of pixels you forget immediately after you walk past them.
Majority of bosses are these wobbly unoriginal samey creatures that all look alike, only with a different name.
Also, the basic mobs are all just people. You kill normal people, people with different weapons, hunter people, people hunters, hunters with hats, hunters with long joints, it's like killing the same enemy over and over and over again.

As you can see in the image, what I'm trying to say here. Dark Souls series had thought put into them, like here, In Coreburn Hark, you see a mysterious character with promising, interesting backstory, someone you'd either be friends of foes with. A someone that actually peeks your interest.
On the right you'll see what the majority of Bloodborne's mobs and bosses look like. (the name for the character is made up, yet it depicts perfectly about 80% of the game's bosses and enemies ) They're a dull monotonous mess, their character gives out nothing, they're all just the same grey mass with tentacles peeking out of their bodies.

Really… what the fuck happened?

There's also an example of what the bosses in the game look like.
See? They're all nearly identical.
You bought the game to have a varying experience? TOO BAD, you aint getting it here.

this was a really cheap move by the devs…

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Vjc8I_t4ISs&t=59m15s
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

You're so close to understanding, yet so far away.

In Dark Souls, your enemies are mostly human, or human-like. In Bloodborne, the game is all about cosmic horror, so you're facing lots of alien enemies. There are exceptions, but the theme generally holds true.

And I'm saying this as someone who has never even played Bloodborne. I don't know how you missed it.

Maybe they went intentionally to a different direction for a different game.

Because you're basically killing the entire town. A Church hunter rallied the them to fight the beasts, provided them with weapons and armor and then they all got turned.

thinly veiled ps4 has no gaems thread

Hmmm…………………really….makes…..you thin….k…………………….

A definate singular explanation is false and ignorant.

Things are more than their explanations and explanations should be infinate worlds of betterment themselves.

Bloodborne was meant to be more alien monster stuff, and so it looks like alien monster stuff. That was kind of the intent.
If you're going to hate on a Souls-like for enemy design, hate on 2 for going so hard on the humanoid boss decision.

I can't speak for the lore stuff, because I haven't bothered to look in to the differences in a game I haven't played. But for enemy design, that's intentional.

10/10

Is this on the jewtubes somewhere?
Is there more of this, or just a one off?

Thanks for letting me know what emotional reactions I had to a certain game, user. I was really struggling to piece together my feelings for a while there.

Also:

Didn't know it was from ThePruld, he made that We Are The Souls video

Dark Souls is one of the most popular games on Holla Forums. Why did a game exclusive to a Sony console become one of the biggest shitposting magnets on the board?

Oh right

You really didn't played bloodborne.

Its much more diverse than shit that was called DS3.

Are they singing queen song "is this a real life"?

pc gamers pretty much

Perhaps Bloodbourne takes place later than Dark Souls with enemies less, stripped of form from countless battles they have lost unable to form it again or knowing it will fail, forming otherwise. Pitiful. Main character quite heartless though enemies weren't complimentary to the landscape and lusted for power, denying much of it's being for theirs.

Or they existed as defense, staying in an area, maybe areas thought to belong to themselves, needing freement of their captors or parasites.

Not a character leading through example, cautionary tale in that; wanting to help things instead of make things may always be wrong. Things moved by their want of other things

Could have the next game try for things to be brought together complimenting eachother, able for the one there first to move the newcomer from it.

Unnescessary musing. Should be more slaughtering anything that is holding something regardless why, not wanting to grow different to survive it perhaps. Break things free, women first in priority, though friends or men helping open cages may be what they need. Have to do it on their own by their decision. Slay anything forming a cell. Things come and go as they please.

Areas may be protected from stupidity, better so by structure. Land sure to make sentient beings suit it, their actions overriding others in priority. By their entry they may know nothing else but the land. A fitting cost. Know well what you want.

What in the fuck is this post?

Vaati?

Nigger, what?

this is b8

This shit is glorious how did I miss this?

Because its a spic shit. Everyone misses when they do something. Nobody cares about them

Maybe even less than people caring about russian made shit.

Yeah no shit it's bait

stop posting shitty cuckchan copypastas here

Also, you're telling me Eileen isn't memorable or likeable? That the Bloody Crow of Cainhurst won't forever be ingrained in your thick skull for shitwiping you countless times.

Arianna helping you just to suffer in the end-

You kill a boss and a barrier between the Great Ones and the humans gets removed.

I'm the autist here for even replying to this idiotic bait who didn't even touch the game.

You better not be shit talking my waifu amelia.

Don't worry, everyone is too focused on Maria

It's the same in Dark Souls 2 and 3, maybe from just forgot how to make good interesting memorable npcs

What's wrong with those bosses? Each of them have their methods to overcome them…
I've never got the hate of Lost Izalith either.

Italians are spics now?

Only one that were the same were the Cleric beast and Lawrence, the later being a fire-type of the former. You're talking bullshit.

It's because the fucking town is out to hunt beasts but they're going mad and transforming themselves, mongoloid.

This sounds like Kotaku faggotry about muh deep story.

Because they're Lovecraftian monster-aliens instead of just gods/demons/undead.

What did you expect from an uninspired forgery?

poor counterfeit
fraudulent copy
inferior plagiarism
disappointing facsimile
sad mimicry
rotten impersonation
contentious effigy
ersatz fake
bloody replica

They're euro-spics.

I would have thought the spanish are euro-spics.

You mean Dark Souls is a soulless clone of Demon's Souls, right?

It must hurt for the creative team behind DeS to say they feel that one is the true successor to that game and not the other, like your parents telling you that you're their least favorite child

Stray Demon and Demon Firesage are recolours of the first boss with higher stats and the same new attacks.

The Demon Firesage's explosive spells deal magic damage and, unlike Quelaag, he takes normal damage from fire spells.

Capra Demon is only a boss until the dogs die, and only due to the tiny room and instant ambush the second you walk in.

Bed of Chaos doesn't care about your i-frames, and can almost kill you at any given moment with firestorm. The arms ignore i-frames, and it requires platforming in a game that is clearly not built for it.

youtube.com/watch?v=Vjc8I_t4ISs&t=59m15s
Lost Izalith was incredibly rushed, as the video will show. Around the 59m15s mark, if it doesn't skip directly to that. Also, half the monsters you find in said zone are capra and taurus demons.

While not true for a good portion of the game, the portions where this is accurate is for a specific reason. You are killing the citizens of Yharnam who have fallen from their once lofty civilization.

The game actually specifically tells you this in Old yharnam where you will meet a hunter who tells you that the beasts you are hunting are people. People who just want to be left alone and will ask you not to harm them anymore (in that area).

Patches wasn't forgettable. He drops the largest truthbomb in recent gaming history. "No matter who you are, there will always be someone willing to push you into a pit." The doll, the Orphan of Kos who emerges to emit the most painful sounding cry I've ever heard in gaming. A cry that truly captured the depths of despair the creature felt at the death of its mother. Truly amazing sound design.

Then there is Gehrman who even though he's been trapped in that dream world as a host for so long, even breaks down and cries for help at one point in the game, will still only think of your safety and freeing you from this fate. His dying words being "The dream was long…and hard."

Game had amazing lore and was miles better than Dark Souls 3.

what a pun, you are a master sir.

Spaniard here: the Italians are more spic-y.

Italian here, ignore the spic. I score whitest on the color test, the spic here is at best Pajeet-tier.

Don't forget about Alfred, the secretly batshit insane believer who killed himself in honour of his master.
And the doll waifu and her ties to Maria.

Bloodborne is great, OP is a summer.

Compare Italy and Mexico for a moment.

Both are bordered by a better country to the north, both have unfortunate geography that makes them look like phallic objects, both countries are more renowned for their food than anything else, Italians in other european countries behave exactly like beaners do in the U.S.A., both of their country's flags are damn near identical to one another.

That's just off the top of my head.

You could have stopped right there. For a character that does so little she means so much.

>Will remember you fondly or take care of you no matter what ending

Doll is forever best girl

On another note. Micolash one of the best characters.
As a boss Micolash sucks but as a character I love him. You go around for hours and hours not knowing what the fuck is happening around you and when you finally find someone who may have all the answers he is fucked in the head beyond belief so the only choice left is to kill him so he'll forget everything.

I'd rather live in Italy than Germany tbh. The women don't look like men and the men like women, better food, more relaxed. The older people here are pretty cool though, it's the younger ones that are fags.

t. some dude studying in goymany

The most disturbing part of that whole Micolash shit is that they most likely kept switching out hosts without even knowing what it means anymore.
Imagine being a student and then suddenly get strapped in for a purpose maybe noone even remembers anymore just get teleported into a literal nightmare and then know all the secrets of the world to just forget immediatly after because you become fucking mental after gaining too much insight.

It truly is the best horror game of 2015, but in a much worse way than "le spoopy meme jumpscare game!"
It rattles a deep fear within any human, the fear of losing yourself to the unknown, and the fear of simply KNOWING.

Lovecraftian Horror, best horror

That's because from a lore perspective they are out there to stop the fabricated legend of the undead champion to protect their queen. On the surface it looks like FromSoft were lazy in this department but the demon race is actually hunting undead for self preservation.

Micolash isn't mental, just very eccentric.

Vaati please go

But Gavlan wheel
Gavlan deal

Good thing bloodborn focuses on the most dull and banal aspect of it.
Seriously I get it, I have a ps4 too, but holy shit it's pathetic the amount of hoops people will go through to say bloodborn is the best game ever.
I saw one person claim it was a horror game.

No he's mental because knowledge has overloaded his brain.

It's like seeing the dark side of human nature in your adult years from being naive kid. Shit like that can trigger irreversible damage and emotions, just look at SJW's.

Seriously doubt anyone could misspell Bloodborne after seeing it on the loading screen so many times

Oh do fuck off nob jockey.

That was a horrible design choice "instead of having you be able to freely warp, lets make you sit through 2 minute long loading screens"
Also so sorry I forgot the extra "e"

Still more evidence on the pile that you're Vaati

Warping in general was a bad idea, but we can blame DaS and DaS2 for setting the precedent

Hey man, Daemon's Souls and Dark Soles are two of my favorite games too, don't let anyone tell you how to spell them

Dark Soules

Considering Australia or New Zealand or where the fucking hell he lives is around six thousand miles away you are really stretching it.

Also your troll tactics are boring.

So are your videos

So it's a theory that Dark Souls and Bloodbourne take place in the same world, and Bloodbourne just happens after Dark Souls.
The world was changed because the people in that world gave up on fire and whatever else they had in Dark Souls that kept the world alive?
The player character is evil, but then so is everyone else in the game?
The enemies might not be evil, just crazy, only remembering
basic things, like their daily routine, so they just do everything automatically without thinking, and attack the player because they're insane.
Are you saying that saving people and helping them is wrong, and instead you should just make things? Make what exactly? As in economically? Make money and so forth?

Then you suggest that the sequel has the player kill anyone that refuses to change and is trying to hold onto their power?
And I think you're also suggesting the narrative theme is one of building a world where there are systems in place which ensure harmony between all beings by forcing them to need each other, and also something about new beings overthrowing the old system and those in power, or the old beings destroying upstarts?
And also themes of helping people break free of the old system, which chains them and oppresses them? And for some reason they should help women first? But also men could be a better option to free first, because they could then free other people, whereas women wouldn't?

And a place should be protected from destruction by a system set in place of order. And the people should change to suite the land instead of changing the land to suite them? Or are you saying that the land will change the people regardless?

And if you enter a place you lose your memories?

Was this translated from Japanese using google? Because it sounds like a poem or something.
Do you have schizophrenia user?

Everyone, this is a pasta at least from one year ago from cuckchan /vg/

Don't take the bait.

whoa

Its almost as if the whole game took place in a dream

oh wait

This is some of the dumbest shit I've ever read.
Yes there should be a singular explanation. Not that every explanation has all the facts in it, but then it's not the truth, only partial truth.

What? Are you trying to get metaphysical or something? Are you trying to say that a thing is not its explanation? Sure, but that doesn't mean anything, and it doesn't preclude the ability to understand it.
Do you mean that explanations should be better? Or that explanations should improve the things that it explains somehow?

The sequel to:

Now that is some deep shit right there

Didn't your mother teach you to not beat your fists futilely against your cursed inadequacies?
You don't even have the strength of one whose life has been wasted by addiction and suffering.
Roll like a child to suckle on your mother's breast, and drink her milk you babe.
The weak have no voice.