strawpoll.de/d186f33
youtube.com/watch?v=nULp0pGKCS8
youtube.com/watch?v=AhatCheIJ9Y
youtube.com/watch?v=KbWgUO-Rqcw
youtube.com/results?search_query=windows 10 spys
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It's gonna be an underpowered amiibo machine

Yes,but it still won't be the same :(

Wonder what gimmick they'll try and use this time and how underpowered it'll be compared to the scorpio and neo.

She is a big girl, user.

It's Nintendo, so underpowered is a given.

I dont give a shit about nintendo anymore.

Great, I'll prepare not to buy it.

Same here.
Pretty much don't care what they do anymore.

So, what is this consoles gimmick, wagglan, controller with a screen, voice commands?

If I ever buy an NX it'll be a cheap on from the net with the earliest firmware possible because Nintendo can't do anti piracy to save their lives.

hoo boy set sail ahead for more censored games

Also forgot their marketing for the Wii U was so bad most casuals thought it was a tablet add on for the wii at first.

Then why did you even post?

Clearly Nintendo doesn't give a shit as well, given that there's been close to no advertisement or information for this fucking machine - one that's supposedly coming out next year.

ITT: le Holla Forums is nintendogaf anyway xd xd

If you look at it optimistically, it can be that they realize the long time between the Wii U's announcement in mid 2011 and release in late 2012 helped kill all the hype for the system.

Or, it can just be that they haven't prepared for the system's launch, again.

That just might be the least horrible thing they could do. Other than actually making a good console. Even good niche console.

There hasn't been information because they're waiting till TGS, dumbass

Why bother all M and T rated games are censored. Only one game per 4 months that are mario, zelda and some shitty platformers. JAP games won't be localized or raped and digital only like what happened to Zero.

This meme needs to die, nintendo never went to the Tgs save for just one time, and this year too they won't be there. They'll announce the NX in a direct obviously, some time ago they said that the lack of news on it was to avoid other companies stealing their ideas (like what happened with the wii).

That's a smart choice.

Considering how successful the Sony and MS implementations of the Wii's motion controls were, you'd think Nintendo would want them to copy their ideas again.

Apparently they didn't want to reveal it because "They don't want others stealing their ideas".

Which probably translates to "it's an underpowered piece of shit with a 32 gb harddrive again"

I'm pretty much done with Nintendo

Their games are all pretty much rehashes now - just look at Super Mario 3D Land and New Super Mario Bros. Wii U. Their names are so fucking generic, I couldn't even remember them while typing and even got them confused last week. Star Fox was boring and ended up being essentially a remake of 64, and Kirby had good production values, but was incredibly easy and linear as fuck holy crap, why was it nothing like KSS/U?

Not to mention the push for amiibos, failed potential with Animal Crossing games (they're a slow chore to play because the menus take forever to navigate and show/hide), and a million fucking online systems: NNID, Streetpass, Friendcodes, and at least two other methods I'm forgetting. There is no standardization where it needs it most.

Oh and of course fucking Pokemon. There are a ton of flaws with the game, but all the new ones just have a boring forced single player mode, everything is kept the same because ???, and just has another 100 mons tacked on each new game, some of which completely obsolete the older ones, and the postgame is always the same form of "grind for BP that you spend on trinkets to make breeding easier which is pointless if you've done it in a previous game"

How does it feel to be completely wrong about everything you just posted?

Have they even said whether it was portable or not? I've heard they'll probably do some kind of mobile gimmick. Pokemon GO is likely a test for the main technology of NX, doing augmented reality.

Either way I hope its not fucking hinged.

Shill please go.

Everything he posted was true, except maybe the SF/Kirby thing because I haven't played those.

How utterly fucking retarded do you have to be to defend amiibos?

I'll forgive Nintendo if they make a new Custom Robo, kill off Treehouse, restructure NoA, make an online system that isn't shit, and remove sakurai from smash.

I'll be honest user, I would defend amiibos, IF the cosmetics and features that are in amiibo were unlockable in game.

The speculation is that it's both portable and under the TV at the same time. Maybe some sort of dock where the handheld IS the NX and the dock "upgrades" it.

Everything is kept the same for Pokemon because there's an endless generations of kids that will play it and buy trading cards, they don't need to change anything. Why else did it take Pokemon forever to be 3D again outside of those 2 GC games?

Amiibos I hate the most though, they pushed those happy meal toys more than actual games. The more disgusting thing about this is that the piece of junk Animal Crossing party game was made only because they wanted Animal Crossing amiibo.

And as for Nintendo rehashes, I wish that were the case, but they can't even copy good controls or fun gameplay anymore. Star Fox Zero I hear had awkward controls due to forced motion controls and needing 2 screens instead of controlling like 64 again, and Paper Mario Sticker Star is probably one of the worst games I played in my life because of how bad they screwed up RPG gameplay. I also wouldn't mind Nintendo's outdated online service if it meant things like constant sales, it's somehow leagues behind PSN on the PS3.

It's depressing because Nintendo can still make or publish good games like Splatoon, Bayo 2, Wonderful 101, Link between Worlds, but instead they chose to do nothing good now. It's why it's more fun playing their older games instead of their newer ones.

Why do you think sage is a downvote? It does nothing. And it wasn't fair or honest criticism. Most of the shit in that post was purposely vauge or incorrect.

Except it isnt.

But it is, you double nigger

Those are all third party games, though.
Splatoon especially because they gave it to a studio they didn't care about and basically said "yeah do whatever" because they expected it to flop.

Which is why I also mentioned published. And I'm pretty sure Splatoon is first party, it was just composed of younger Nintendo staff members.

I know this is infuriating to a lot of people, but you have to recognize something.
A lot of games that are meant for children, will do things with the sensibilities of children in mind.

Pokemon should have done a shit load of things several generations ago to make them more advanced, deep, and interesting games. But they aren't. They want the games to be aimed at the very young child demographic.

You'll buy it just like all the rest.

Which explains all the people that own Wii Us right

What are you doing

youtu.be/nlDnlhrz6-M?t=9m58s

Oh wait, the English dub completely changes the scream to be mild and subdued.
Thanks for taking the west seriously, Nintendo

It's probably going to BE an amiibo.

Fuck it, I'll actually probe this moron wrong

Super Mario 3D Land is a 3D platformer, and the first 3D Mario game on 3DS. NSMBWiiU is a 2D platformer that continues the NSMB line and introduces gamepad gimmick controls. Now what are they exactly rehashing here besides being another Mario game? Come on, tell me.

So you never even played Zero? Because one of the biggest complaints was that it wasn't a rehash of 64.

Except every Kirby game, including KSS/U is linear, you dumbass, and that's not a bad thing.

It made them money, why not push them?

Maybe user, just maybe, Animal Crossing isn't meant for you. If you went into Animal Crossing expecting no menus you're fucking dumb. It's a life simulation game.

NNID is for Wii U, Streetpass isn't even an online feature, and Friend Codes are for 3DS. How the fuck is that complicated, autist?

Name one

Except everything isn't kept the same. And every time they changed something you retards cried about it. What do you want?

None of this is true, try again.

The fucking regular Ashime had more brutal moments

Fanboys, not even once.

Name them, because I could use a good laugh, especially if you're one of those "pokeymans should become an action rpg like skyrim and dark souls xd" kids.

Except the anime has always been for kids to push kids' toys.
Origins seemed like the series was moving towards mature themes with its established audience who grew up on it, only to get bait and switched into samefag Gen 5

Origins was kiddie as fuck and not mature at all. You sound like a retard from reddit who actually enjoys garbage like Pokemom Adventures.

Also bitch please, I grew up with Pokemon and it doesn't need to be a "mature franchise for mature gamers like myself".

I'm just going to hit the handy "Filter by ID" button, thanks!

Welcome to not being thirteen.

You're trying way too hard to fit in with those buzzwords

pretty much doing the artificial demand shit again

And you got that how?

I thought it ended up as a push for megas considering the whole deal with Mega Charizard X vs Mewtwo. I think the Gen 5 Promos did a better job with the "more mature" aspect, though that's not saying much.

You're pretty bad at this filtering thing

Thank you for cleaning the trash for once, mods.

Origins was just a stupid OVA to market the new retarded digivolutions.

Nintendo has a booth at Gamescom this year and Sony pulled out so that's probably the most likely period when they will do the NX Direct since it's a way to undercut the Neo announcement. Unless they are suddenly resurrecting Spaceworld and running it the same week as the Tokyo Mobile Games Show

strawpoll.de/d186f33

help me name my grey mustang pls

I read something the other day saying that Nintendo honestly expected the Wii U to sell 100 million units.

I think they've lost grip on reality personally.

How fucking new are you?

A majority of stockholders and some higher ups in the company expected that

That's what happens when you put old men who have no clue about gaming or humanity in general in charge of a video game company.
At least Yamaguchi had superior merchant skills (save for the decision to stick with cartridges) and Iwata used to be a top-tier programmer at HAL.

I really do hope that the NX will become region free to cut Nintendo of America out of localizing niche games. Nintendo needs to accept that some games will never have mass appeal in the USA. And is therefore pointless to overpay NoA's audits and marketing to promote niche franchises outside of Japan, SEA, or even Europe. Games like Mario, Zelda, and Pokémon will be just fine.

But Nintendo will never do this. They're pulling a Nintendo Gamecube era and looking for a target demographic too young to post on Holla Forums (which is why alot of NES era gamers abandoned Nintendo for Playstation). Which is why treehouse is full of milennial hipsters stuffing internet memes and pop culture cancer into everything they touch.

To understand Nintendo we have to think blue ocean. And right now it looks like those blue oceans are demographics that never touched video games in their life. And since grandma now plays facebook and candy crush that market has shrunk to 6-year-olds and modern day hipster video game journalists.

Yet you're in this thread.

Sega Saturn v2.0 confirmed. I have a bad feeling this is the beginning of the end for Ninty as a console maker. Which actually, im pretty fucking ok with. Maybe now we can Smash bros. and Mario Kart on PS4, which would be clutch as fuck.

Is that seriously going to be the final slogan?

I may not like the Wii but I'll give them props for having the 'Wii would like to play' motto stick

Look at the bottom of the image.

My money is casting to devices over an Android-based system, seeking that as a new and innovative idea and cheaping out on literally everything else to the last screw.

Overpriced low-effort Chromecast clone.

I wouldn't bet on it given they write their own OSes for every console.

it took PS3 that much to be a decent console worth investing into

now let's see how nintendo used all that time to make the wiiu attractive

But the Gamecube had actual good games.

Dhalsim is way hotter than I remember

I'm betting on a Raspberry Pi with an NFC reader attached.

Wii U OS was fucking awful though. Forked Android would be a solution but at the same time I'd fucking kek that Nintendo would use Android when the tech industry is dumping it en masse in favor of Wangblows 10 for Tablets, 2-in-1's and Streaming devices while Google's cut back and just focusing mainly on phones

And even if they do, there's rumored to be a M$ chromecast clone that plays 360 games natively and streams xbone games they are planning to release later this year. So Nintendo's fucked if they try take that "Blue Ocean" route as well because it will already be occupied by the time NX comes out.

What it should be is a console that matches Neo in specs (Less shitty CPU and RAM Pool though), has Nintendo games along with the third parties and a blue ocean concept like making VC into a subscription service that gets Nintendo's lifetime library on your NX console.

Bad OS technology makes it easier to pirate down the line so they can keep going on that front :^)

Overall I just sincerely doubt Nintendo would do anything even remotely approaching a Chromecast system when the closest thing they've done to streaming is having a Netflix app.

Confirmed DoA.

I know the Gamecube had great games.

But this new audience is mostly problem glasess land whales and numales that don't play games and their emotionally scarred children. That's my guess why censorshit is in overdrive today.

I meant lately. God I can't computer.

I dont how so many people are cementing their opinions on this console before we know anything about it.
I hope the best for Nintendo (honestly, I hope the best for any vidya company)
The one thing that would have made this a 100% 'fuck off' machine for me, the digital only rumor, was reconfirmed thank fucking god.

I will wait till we know stuff about the console before I give my 2-cents. Also its gotta have a strong launch library, so I hope they focus on that as well.
Its enterly possible that they could make a decent machine but have nothing to back it up.
The way I see it an underpowered machine with games is better than a shit-tier PC with a controller attached that has no library behind it.

Before receiving consumer feedback on fucking what? Are they supposed to release the NX and then take it back and then actually mass produce it?

You tried, user

I have this terrible gut feeling that there's going to be alot of unnamed Wii U games in development pushed back and remade as shovelware for the NX.

I don't think you understand what shovelware means

I don't see how so many people are cementing their opinions on games like Gone Home without playing them.

It'll be the 3D3S. 3D three screens. Pretty much a 3DS as a controller that you can carry with you as a hand held. The third screen refers to the television.

Your first mistake was assuming Gone Home is a game

Poor Nintendo, I really wanted to be a Nintendo fantard until I die, but Steam and my PC are so much better.

I liked the Wii, didn't bother with the Wii U and will likely skip out on this console too. But it's not all Nintendo's fault, I don't bother with consoles for reasons that kill any desire for me to get even an Xbox One or PS4.

Consoles are just shit now.

My wiiu is just a dust collector. Such a fucking waste. Can't imagine anyone being stupid enough to buy an NX for like the whole 2 games with slightly better graphics that it will have over WiiU.

You're going to have Elderfairy; ZeldaRim the LinkBorn and probably one Mario game for NX launch for about 6-12 months until a new game comes out.
Then you'll have indie games. Many found on PC anyways.

You're being ignorant if you can't admit that WiiU has a weak library. At the very least it's a pisspoor console for anyone other than 9 year olds. Unless you're into playing yoshi's yarn and similar.

No, you fucking announce what the product even is along with a few games then gauge consumer reaction and feedback to make a proper first run estimate. All we know right now for sure is it will have a port of Zelda and include some sort of gimmick they're worried will be stolen by Sony/MS.

Please lie more Nintendo, you're just a few steps away from becoming Todd Howard.
(Very nice)
Summerfags are retarded, story at 11

Pick one

Gaming in general shit. What do you expect me to say?

At least I won't be paying a fuckload for games that I will have to buy again once a new console comes out because that's Nintendo for you.

You make a few prototyes, give them to different devs to make shit on, see how well this whole gig is recieved, and if the light is green only THEN, do you move on to actually manufacturing it.

That's stupid as shit, user.

That's even stupider

If the game(s) doesn't get damaged or ruined from the delays (highly unlikely, as delays alone mean they have more time to work on the game) I dont mind, honestly.
Its for the sake of them ranking up a decent library.

Nice exaggeration faggot.
I am not saying you need to own an NX and buy every game that comes out for it for only the low price of 59.99$ in order to get an opinion on it
I am saying I dont get why people are making so many statements, be them good or bad, on a console that we really dont know anything about. Its hard enough to even make an educated guess because of how little knowledge we have.

Has any game ever succeeded by doing a shadow release?

I fear this will be a console shadow release. They haven't announced ANYTHING at all yet and they are already moving to mass production. This is either because
A. It's so shit that people will get disappointed right away.
B. They have nothing to show.
C. It's so good that if they announce it their idea will get stolen.

If they make it a true next gen console with actually good hardware, they still have no games to show for it aside from ports.

I'm looking forward to the NX's release.

Not to actually play it mind you, but the glorious trainwreck its guaranteed to be, seems I'll actually be alive to see Nintendo crash and burn completely and leave the industry.

You and I both know that's not going to happen

Does it matter what people are theorizing and discussing. The only logical conclusion is to not get hyped and day 1 buy the console regardless.

( pic related )

There are some cool games on the Wii U and I was temped to get one but now they are coming out with a new system. Same thing with the Wii, if there was some cool stuff but way to much shovelware. Its as if they are intentionally trying to hurt Wii U sales. No expectations but if is backwards compatible with Wii and Wii U I might consider actually buying a Nintendo system. But to be absolutely honest NES just needs to give up on the consul market and become third party. Make Mario and Zelda for PC.

They've done a pretty good job of eroding what little hype this thing had a few months ago. Kind of a textbook example of announcing something too early with too few details. The way their current product has been basically sandbagged over the past year+ while everything shifts to this new system that's been pushed back to 2017 isn't a good sign either for people who have stayed away from Nintendo because of game droughts.

Nintendo has openly said they don't compete with Sony/MS anymore.

Why folks still expect a powerful console with triple A budget games is beyond me.

A 100 dollar wii and 75 dollar 3ds is suddenly a lot more appealing when all the games you want for it are free. Can't wait until the wii u is broken wide open.

I'm curious as to what they do, but I've also given up.

It's not just that the Wii U had almost no games or support, or that the gamepad was never really used properly (even though off-screen play is neat), it that their games are actively getting worse overall too.

I mean, every time a game gets announced now I have to deal with the now very high possibility of them having:
- Mainstreamed the gameplay;
- Replaced humor with memes;
- Butchered the localization;
- Censored content, which sometimes means outright removing chunks of it;
- DLC, which Nintendo doesn't know how to price;
- Locking content behind amiibos which is now not even just cosmetic any more.

Even the nintendo club got replaced with something that not only doesn't offer physical stuff anymore, it only offers discounts on eshop games and that's if you buy eshop games, which are usually fucking overpriced.

Nintendo didn't fall. They fucking plummeted full force downwards in these last few years.

(nice)
I meant exactly what I said. Horribly designed games rushed out to meet the NX's launch in hopes to make a quick buck.

(also checked)
I'm praying this is the best case scenario. If the NX is using completely different architecture than the Wii U then these games need the extra time to get ready. If it isn't the hardware, then it's the controller gimmick.

Scroll wheels for bumpers might be fun.

If that is the controller they are going with, than I think that is pretty alright.
Two things I have though about for a while now is how I think Scroll Wheel Bumpers and a Fully Customizable Controller could both work really well.
Could also allow for most games having customization controls to fit the controller.

my problem with configurable controllers is that shit's going to break fuck fast.
After seeing the horribleness that was the Xbox One 150 dollar "customizable" controller, I don't trust the concept.

How fast did the Xbone 1337 controllers break after release.

I can think of either Pilot Wings or F-zero using the scroll wheels to shift your weight without motion controls to master precision maneuvers. As for Breath of the Wild I'm not sure what their use would be.

The Xbone, PS4, and Wii U all had greatly deteriorating sales from the Xbox 360, PS3, and Wii, and that market still exists to some degree. Outside of the tiny, insular game 'community' chans project, pretty much no one has "chosen PS4 or Xbone", and if the NX is
it will be successful
everything else is irrelevant

where do these statements conflict?

I could see most games using them as quick weapon switch, like the scroll wheel on most PC games.
Also could be used as a zoom, and I could see it being used n character creators

Shit, those are some good points.
Than again, the gamepad alone is already a fucking fortune

I remember hearing somewhere that the PS4 is outpacing the PS2 in terms of relative sales (which is fucking sad and pathetic if that is true honestly. PS2 was legendary and the PS4 is a sad, shit-tier PC with a nice controller)

Scrollwheel bumpers seem like a neat gimmick but I miss the pressure-sensitive ones from the Gamecube.

You could probably do some crazy shit in Splatoon if it worked like Mario Sunshine.

four ewe

Now for a Super Mario Sunshine remaster I can see scroll wheels being used like valves to control F.L.U.D.D.'s spread and range like a fire hose while ZR is held to shoot. This will only apply to the squirt nozzel though. Plus the game might need to be remade from the ground up to work (which wouldn't be bad because slope detection is pretty shit in the original).

You can pirate wii u games by putting loadiine onto an SD card and loading homebrew from their homepage or something like that. It's so much easier than the 3DS I'm surprised they haven't bothered to fix it yet since it's just a browser exploit. Though it's more of a softmod since you have to do it over each time the system restarts.

meant that for

Great trips for okay bait

And what are the odds that they patch the exploit? I assume you will always need a way to activate the exploit, so will the browser be needed every time?

From what I know, Nintendo likes to patch shit the second they find out people are using an exploit. However, the question is when will Nintendo stop caring about the WiiU? Eventually they will stop patching things and that will allow people to create exploits without fear.

Mere days

God no no what would be the point of a powerful Nintendo console? Have you seen what kind of games Nintendo makes?

Nintendo can barely do HD.

I'm just sad that there are games locked on their system that I'd like to play, most notably Bayonetta 2 and Wonderful 101.

Other than that they're dead to me. They've lost what they had.

Oh great. More garbage.

lol

no anti-aliasing does not equal not HD. Nintendo perfers framerate to AA.

this new hardware should be able to do fxaa with no performance hit anyway.

I blame the 2nd screen bullshit.

Oh lord no

It's going to be an interesting reveal one way or another.

I DONT GIVE A CARE WHAT ANY OF YOU SHILLS THINK!

I have great hopes for nintendo!
bring back cartridges! NEVER DIE NINTENDO! NEVER DIE!!!!!!!

None of those games are really on the frontier of graphics technology now are they?

I hope for Nintendo they're going to make a cheap POS that runs their first party games well. They have a place in the market as secondary systems that people buy to complement a PC/PS4.

Something like the GameCube when it was marked down at $99.

I rather play nintendo games that are actually fun even if they are refreshing re-hybrids of their previous games rather than playing the same mainstream buzzword bullshit games from ea or activision or ubisoft from failboxone made by microshit, and the only fun games on ps4 are war thunder's tank mode. everything else is CALL OF BATTLEDUTY FIELD DOGS TO WATCH PREMIUM ELITE MOUNTAIN DEW DORRITOS DR PEPPER DLC DLC HORSE ARMOR GRIND FOREVER: THE CONSOEL

it's amazing how good games come out when devs are given complete freedom.

nintendo is the only people doing a console to be a console for actual fun video games. when did you last play a game for fun, and not because "OHHH GOTTA GET A HIGHER SCORE AND K/D RATIO THAN EVERYONE ELSE WOW IM SUCH A TRY HARD"

nintendo basically says screw what everyone else is doing, and does their own special thing. I got totally sick of microsoft and sony because all their games look and feel the same, their games are all extremely forgettable and boring and a tedious chore to play. Nintendo games actually give me the feeling of enjoyement. that's really rare in a video game in 2016.

The PS4 gets more games every month than the wiiU gets in a year. Just because you don't see them advertised everywhere doesn't mean they don't exist. There is much more besides triple A. But ofcourse Sony and MS focus on those titles.

Literally the only reason to buy a Nintendo console is for the first party games. For some that is reason enough, but most of the market has moved on from Nintendo by now. I despise games like Fallout, GTA and COD but it's clear that's were the sales are. Not having those on your system hurts Nintendo a lot.

You ever think maybe people find getting high scores and doing well in games to be fun in itself, you linear-minded mongoloid?

I get the feeling that you've never played an arcade game, have you?

Also, a lot of your complaints can be applied to Nintendo as well. Twilight Princess was such a shitty game because it was basically OoT with more realistic graphics. Mario games are not that different from CoD honestly, same basic gameplay, better graphics, people still buy it in drones.

Autism?

Wait… has Nintendo even officially announced the NX yet? What the fuck, is this going to be another Sega Saturn where the same day they officially announce it, they reveal that it's in stores and ready to purchase?

Because didn't that move backfire on Sega in a bad way?

NX isn't coming out until 2017, and we were told they'd officially announce it around autumn.

So it won't really be that close. Besides, "preparing to manufacture" doesn't necessarily mean they're doing it now.

Shit, that happened?
That must have both taken massive guts to pull off and a lot of hard work.

But to answer your question, there has been no official announcement. We still know it as the "NX", when thats just a code name.

It didn't require a lot of work, just massive guts for Sega. The only software out at the time anyways was first party software that was buggy on top of that, so third party devs were pissed that Sega managed to cannibalize day one sales.

The PS4 gets more games every month than the wiiU gets in a year.
both the Wii U and PS4 get overloaded with the absolute worse indie games that are copies of other indie games over and over. doesn't really make a good point in either direction.

there are games that I just rather play on a Wii U.

I feel like nintendo is very alive, I just feel like people talk more about nintendo than they even bother to talk about any other console. all the other minor mentions of other consoles just melts into the backround of other fallout gta cod bull as you mentioned. I don't like alot of nintendo's games but the few that they make that just happen to fit me well enough make me so happy. I'm sure others feel that way about some of the games I don't like.

I don't believe that even the normalfags have that much love for that shit. I see normalfags getting bored, completely unexcited for the next halo or cod, it's all grey cow diahrrea to them now. at the end I'm really greatful that those games are not on the Wii U. I need a place to get far away from those things and just play something that I like. I heard that Wii U is going to get kerbal space program and I just said "yes, just yes please, instant buy" because I will never use a windows computer ever again in my life.

I honestly don't believe people feel the specific feeling of "fun" but rather they get their nerves all excited and feel adrenaline and freak out over silly points and numbers and fool themselves into believing that they actually felt the feeling of "fun" but they don't even care about the gameplay itself. the gameplay could be absolute shit and they just want to see points pop up and be at the top of some scoreboard.

plenty. I enjoyed the first halo (the one people normally THINK is the first halo) and didn't enjoy any halo games after that.
I agree with you, it could have been better. it was alright though, and it made me feel better than most other games that are basically all cutscenes and dlc.
I could see how you could compare mario like that, but it is definitely different than COD. Honestly I was never that good at mario. got my ass kicked but still have fond memories of playing it on gameboy advance and rarely winning. duke nukem, terminator, battletoads. really frustrating games, strangely enjoyable though.

I don't actually believe that as many people buy COD and all that crap as the mainstream media and all the evil videogame trolls under the bridge like ea and ubisoft and activision would like us to believe. they could easily be faking how much sales they are getting to make themselves seem more attractive, so that more normalfags feel like it's worth buying, but I even notice the normalfags really not caring anymore about ea, xbox one or ps4. they just really seem done with it. gamestop and all the others keep putting up a big show, advertising big cardboard cutouts and making xbox and ps4 seem successful but I dont really see anyone buying any of that shit. I saw a grandpa picking up an xbox one and got into a conversation with him and said that his grandkids would have more actual fun playing hyrule warriors and mario maker and deus ex human revolution directors cut and windwaker hd than they would playing the latest AAA dlc cancer on 500$ consoles that would go out of style in 5 seconds for "BIG CONSOLE 2: electric boogalloo" coming out next year. basically how major AAA consoles are just like Iphones that re-release expensive as fuck products every other fart in a cow farm with amazing new innovative paradigm shifting upgrades and ideas like "slightly bigger screen" or "better camera" for another 700$. so he got the Wii U and thanked me and had this big smile and left. I felt like I just gave some kids some real good memories and possibly changed their whole life experience by having had that in their life instead of the cancer that everyone else experiences with AAA consoles.

Does the NX has cross compatability with my Amiibos?

Yeah, IIRC they were baiting Sony with a September release - so while Sony was gearing up their manufacturing, Sega had their console on the market for a good 4 months with no competition.

But with no hype, no games, and (ironically) no systems (because to keep it secret, only a select few retailers had the system - which pissed off everyone else who was left scrambling for orders) - it pretty much doomed the Saturn to failure before the generation even got started.

Fucking Christ.
If someone enjoyed it, if someone thinks they have had fun
Than they fucking had fun

People enjoy doing well in video games, dude
That doesn't stop them from also being able to view the game from a design standpoint.
Doing well, wanting to do better, and enjoying it, is what 90% of competitive games are fucking based around (From Smash Bros to Call of Duty)

Wonder how Segas route would have changed if they didnt pull that with the saturn.

I don't see how they could have seriously competed with the Playstation, but if they hadn't cocked up the launch so bad and lead with a reasonable momentum of hype and some decent 3rd party titles - it probably would have had a market presence at least on par with the N64. Still, wouldn't have been enough to save them in Dreamcast era. Might have squeezed an extra year or two of life out of the companies hardware division before folding.

What really killed Sega was the death of arcades in most markets.

My thing is that your issues plague all platforms, I've become a strictly PC/tablet gamer as of late after not touching games for almost three years, and I'm looking into a PSP for some portable gaming and I hate how PC games are pulling the same shit even though it's nowhere near as cancerous as iOS/Android gaming. I've had to argue with my fucking brother, trying to explain to him why Disney Infinity was a bad game to buy because of the locked content you had to buy toys for. And that shit got shut down.

I feel that a decent PC and Smartphone + cheap portable system is better than the standard console because Nintendo really isn't top dog anymore, and even Apple, a company that has historically been either dismissive of gamers or sold lame products that can play games now is on par with Nintendo at least with causal players.

It wouldn't surprise me if next gen was the end of traditional consoles completely, especially with Windows 10 and Xbox One now pretty much being one and the same and PS4 also being a PC in essence.

Nintendo might as well just start making smartphones and tablets.

Im really liking the new handheld people are making like the pyra dragonbox. I really dont like being held in one place for very long, so i try to get portable stuff whenever i can. But if nintendo tries breaking into the android handheld market, its not going to be good for ninty. There are already plenty of good android handhelds for less than 200 dollars, and if ninty tries to make on that costs more than 200, theyre going to fail, hard.

And their own incompetence. Seriously man have you heard about some the shit that had been going between Sega of Japan and Sega of America, borderline unprofessional.

Legend of Link slave trainer FUCKING WHEN

Well, I did use Apple as an example. Apple was going to shit when they released the iPod and now Apple does well in the smartphone market against both Microsoft and their Windows Phone and pretty much every Android OEM and they are still on top in the tablet market.

I think if Nintendo where to develop an Android handheld or better yet make their own mobile OS Because we need more than just iOS and Android both are horseshit for different reasons I think Nintendo could make it flourish and if nothing else, they could at least force more pricier companies like Samsung or Apple charge less for their flagships.

Nintendo has the brand loyalty too, to make a decent smartphone/tablet gaming devices. Nintendo just seems to hate adding extra functionality to make it a must buy. Like maybe your Nintendo Phone could use something similar to Samsung/Apple Pay so you can pay for not only games but your food as well. Or adding friends for multiplayer games just by having their phone number or having them in your contacts. Fuck, while no one really uses Siri or Cortana, they could even have Fi as the assistant.

Nintendo could really pull it off if they wanted to.

This would actually be good news if we knew what the fucking console does

The Saturn cut a few months off of it's release date, it didn't release the day after E3. Instead of a holiday season release I think they decided to go with September. This, of course, pissed off all of their developers who had to get software out the door.

And then Sony comes along right after Sega and announces a console that is geared fully towards 3D for $100 less.

No, September was the original release date. The announcement at E3 was that the Saturn was available to buy in stores right that minute. It was moved up to June because they were worried about the Playstation and wanted to get a jump on the install base.

That sounds like it would only do well in japan. And besides, unless nintendo is going walled garden, theyre games and apps are going to get pirated alot. Unless they only make their new games work through a specifc app. And if they are going to make android/smartphone apps/games, will they put their apps on the google play store so people who dont own an nx can play them? Ninty is going to have alot to decide on if theyre going to make a smartphone/tablet.

This video covers the topic of the 1995 Sega turmoil pretty well. It's a bit long [30 minutes], but interesting.

Good point, I guess another option would be to make the smartphone more like a controller for their main console that also holds game saves and the games themselves while the console itself is a dumb terminal that can be expanded upon with cheap upgrades kinda like the N64 and the Expansion Pak and the canned 64DD.

If anyone else remembers, the Wii U had a lot of design changes between the time it was announced and its release. They switched from circle pads to analog sticks, added the nfc support on the controller, and IIRC also changed the amount of RAM in the system.

If they are going to start manufacturing soon, that means they won't have the benefit of knowing how consumers will respond to its current form. Though, I guess it shows faith in its their design.

WHO IS MAKING THESE DECISIONS

But again, whats stopping nintendo from going walled garden? Would anyone here really develop apps for the nx? This is sounding like a japan only thing. If nintendo really is going to pull a smartphone stunt like this, theyre going to have to have a more generic os with a nintendo coat over it, and theyre going to have to make their own app store, maybe have google play with it. But if people are going to use it as a phone instead of just a tablet, they would have to have side loaded apps enabled, i would assume. Would people be able to download this nintendo app store onto their own smartphones and only get the mobile versions while people with the nx get the upgraded version? Would nintendo just make the dock itself, have that be the console, and have people use their own smartphones as the mobile version they can connect to it?

There are way too many questions.

Either Reggie or Iwata while he was still around

Didn't get a WiiU or play many Wii games so I'm not really burned out of Nintendo. If the controller isn't that bad and Splatoon or Smash are there at launch I'll get it to play Zelda.

Eh, I was just having fun with the possibilities. Windows Phone is dead as shit, and they were pushing the idea of using your phone as a PC-lite pretty hard. I'll admit that I'm just being a phone geek kinda sperging over how neat it would be, even if it's mostly a Japan/USA thing.

But yea, there is the issue of making an OS vs just using Android. I can see them going the Amazon route and just forgetting about Google Play for their main devices and then having maybe a Playstation Now like service where they have the classics streamed onto iOS and regular Android devices. All while getting as many third party games like Angry Birds on their own app store which would be exclusive to their line of phones and tablets.

I just really want a Nintendo Phone, kek

It ain't fucking Reggie I'll tell you that for free. It was either Iwata or Nintendo Board of Directors. Maybe even Miyamoto,he is in charge of R&D right?

Splatoon is 1st party as fuck, man.

The exploit has been out for a while and Nintendo hasn't done anything about it so I guess that shows how much they care about the wii u.

There's a guide for stopping updates to the Wii U but is there even a patch after 5.5.1 to worry about?

I honestly don't know if Miyamoto has any real presence on Nintendo besides just for games. As much as I respect Iwata when he did games, he poorly handled the Wii U, especially compared to how he turned around the 3DS.

And with how horrible Nintendo is doing right now, I really wouldn't doubt it if the NX is another Sega Saturn. Granted the Wii U would be that as well since they basically did a "Wii U is not our future move" by flat out announcing the new Zelda game coming out on NX via twitter

I am sure he's got some sway on Console development, since they've been designing consoles with games already in mind (Mario 64 for example). I blame the stress and cancer on Iwata's mismanagement of the Wii U tbh.

None, but Nintendo could throw one out in the future so I'd recommend using the DNS settings that blocks future updates.

Oh I did it, I just didn't realize Nintendo had not yet put out a patch to fix it. If anyone is still in denial about the Wii U being abandoned, this is undeniable proof.

I hope it comes out and it's absolutely spectacular, the cries of "nintoddler", "what GOOD games does nx have??? the entire library doesn't count", and so on will be fucking delicious.

I want it to be good because i want good games to play.

That's the primary hope, butthurt from other console fanboys just kind of ices the cake.

Honestly i think the wii u is pretty ok. I dont know why people shit on it so much. But im not a die hard ninty fanboy nor am i an anti-ninty shill. I just want good games, console or pc.

The Wii had some worthwhile 3rd party exclusives, which is more than can be said for the PS3 and 360. You might have had to dig through a pile of shit to find them, but at least it was it's own machine.

People like to shit on Nintendo, but like it or not - at least they have their own libraries and it's not just (totally) crammed with AAA shit that's already on every other platform.

It seems like a lesser addressed reason for the hate for Nintendo comes from people wanting only one console. Now Nintendo has made a lot of mistakes worth criticizing and there's nothing wrong with wanting to only buy one console but I feel like that's what's driving more than a few people. Why else would there be so many people practically begging for Ninty to go 3rd Party.

fugg

Anyone remember the 30 cent demos Nintendo was doing to promote VC on Wii U that first year? Where you rent a full game for the month and play it as much or as little as you want to?

Why not bring that back for NX's VC? I'd even argue for a $5-10 monthly subscription to play every single VC game in Nintendo's library. And if you don't want to pay for a subscription and just buy the full game you can still buy the full game for whatever price it is being sold at.

That wasn't a rental, that was just the full game. Still one of the best online deals they ever had, granted they don't do special sales very well at all.

Lets just pretend that Nintendo died after the Gamecube.

Why dont they make the nx a generational nintendo console? Make it so it can play every vc nintendo game up to maybe gamecube on the go, and everything else docked. Release their vc library on it. Make it worthwhile, and they should have monthly sales for a certain genre or series to go half off. Nes and snes can be 5 dollars a game, n64 can be 7 or 10, gamecube can be 15, wii can be 20.

I had to reply with this but I kept reading the rest of your comment and realized its some of the best b8 I have ever seen.

I cant even

you mean just as cancerous as tablet gaming…? you probably use steam as the pc part of your pc/tablet gaming.

yea that was actually a total scam, you are right about that.

I'm going to throw up

since when has nintendo ever tried to be the top of anything? their motto is that they don't give a care in the world what anyone else is doing, they just do what they know is good and it comes out breddy gud to 9/10 most often.

I don't really know, it could be the end but why should it be? there is no reason why it would seriously end permanently, as all companies aren't going to just all agree to give up.

yes, both are the same exact cancer

hue No.

hue hue hue hue hue you got me, you made me laugh and get mad

shure, nuntoondo nut tawp doge so apple wich is bettar then nintoondu shud just win becaus my tablet is funner than nerternder and all cunsuls shud just give up and ninterder shud just maek tabloots

I'm so sure you are not serious.

Would you rather buy an unlimited 30 day license to play a single full VC game for about thirty cents each?

Or would you pay five dollars a month to have unlimited access to Nintendo's entire VC library, full games and all, and download as many games as you want?

Or would you try a combination of both (ie: Try the unlimited access to the library for the first month, then buy individual games for thirty days or a life time.)?

Lets not.

When he is talking about smartphone gaming, im pretty sure he means emulators.

Nope, fuck that. never. nope. nope

sure user whatever helps you keep your sanity

but i just bought a wii u

3ds*

I have an android handheld, with a shit ton of emulators and roms. Its pretty good user, you should try it, i havent bought a game in about a year now. unless you count buying an emulator

I hate apple and microsoft, I HATE Iphones. they just come out with new shitty phones every moment and only have a better camera or bigger screen for 900$

I love it how Nintendo doesn't overload their consoles with tons of stupid shitty horrible features like xbox one and ps4. did you watch the xbox one release propaganda? all the guy could say is that it was a t.v. netflix machine full of sports t.v. upgrade bullshit, and after all that, videogames came last. FUCK THAT.

Nintendo makes consoles that put you first, VIDEOGAMES, FUCK EVERYTHING ELSE.

youtube.com/watch?v=nULp0pGKCS8
youtube.com/watch?v=AhatCheIJ9Y
youtube.com/watch?v=KbWgUO-Rqcw

that's like hating cats but still buying a cat

I have a wii u, and i got my android from china.

I would hate it so fucking much if nintendo made anything of theirs related to the hellish smartphone pandemic cancer ebola bullshit. I hate smartphones, tablets, and phone/tablet gaming. the worst thing nintendo could ever do is try to appeal to the mainstream normal morons and become the cancer that everything else already IS.

I want fun video games. no drm. no steam. no smartphones. no tablet. no ea. no ubisoft. no activision. no bethesda. no unfair dlc. no amiibo. no disney infinity. just a fun video game console whether it's handheld or not that comes from nintendo and does videogames first, and nothing else. PLEASE

so….? google is all over the place. they don't care if you buy it in china if they still get money.

use startpage.com instead of google btw.

I agree. for years I completely didn't know the Wii U existed and then thought it was an addon for the wii. I had NO idea. now my friend has a Wii U and I realized what it is and it's the best console ever.

Then having the option to buy full games anyway should still be a thing.

I also think we should have bundles for games that you can buy. With Breath of the Wild at launch making a Legend of Zelda classic collection would be a start. Buy the original Legend of Zelda, Zelda II: the Adventures of Link, A Link to the Past, Ocarina of Time, and Majora's Mask (essentially the Gamecube Collector's Disc) all for around $40.

And if you have platinum points from MyNintendo you can cut $5 or $10 off the price for the whole collection.

If you already own some of the games in the bundle then the price should automatically adjust based on how many games you own.

Could expand this into Super Mario Bros. Collection, Starfox Collection, Mother Collection, etc.

windows 10 and xbox one are literally turbo ebola cancer aids.
youtube.com/results?search_query=windows 10 spys

if Nintendo ever goes near tablet or smartphone related things I will abandon them forever just like ea, ubisoft, activision, and so on.

To respond;

Yes I use Steam due to the Steam sales. I never pay more than 10 bucks for a game. There are some issues with Steam, but it's way better than the situation on consoles now.

A tablet and smartphone have way more functionality than a 3DS. And I don't really care much a lot of mobile games be it on the tablets or on an actual mobile devices but there are a few nice time wasters. Tablets are toys to me, so I treat them as such. Call me when Nintendo makes a cool device that lets me read manga with a 8+ inch screen and play occasional puzzles on the same device.

And again, like the smartphone and tablet, the gaming PC is a much better value. Why the fuck should I keep replacing my consoles only to buy yet another one that my 500 buck PC and a 50 dollar Roku stick does fine? Or maybe at worst, I'll have to buy a graphics card at the very worst. Plus I can do more with a PC anyways. So throw up if you want, I value more of my devices than to play just games. This is why I gave up on Nintendo. And that mindset allows people even more causal than me to buy something like a Fire TV or Apple TV for their causal gaming fix. Hence my comment about Nintendo getting displaced by Apple.

When two out of three major gaming companies started using x86 processors and one is spearheading the converging of both it's gaming and desktop environments, while the third is likely to just get emulated easily (unless I'm wrong about the Wii U getting emulated) then you might as well just get a PC.

Consoles have very little value to anyone who lacks brand loyalty. I love Zelda but not enough to buy a shitty Wii U. I love God of War but I'm not buying another Playstation. And Pokemon can shove it's ugly water seal up it's own ass because I'm not gonna spend money on a 3DS that is going to be outclassed by NEW NEW 3DS or some shit.

Nintendo is just Apple but less expensive, bro.

I like you user. Good for you.

There are definitly enough games to make a wii u worth the purchace, but the games i bought it for (xenoblade x, fatal frame) were censored. So while i did have fun with it, and i can reccomend it, it didnt live up to my expectations. If only they werent censored.

How badly did Fatal Frame suffer again?

I think it was just the bikini and lengerie outfits, so minor, i think. But i still stand by my anti-censorship buying habits.

steam and microsoft and sony are both exactly the same drm cancer, I just play Wii U with my bros and we avoid all that shit.

I have tried playing tablet and smartphone games and have totally hated every single one that I have ever played, that's not even counting how nightmareishly terrible the controls always are on those devices.

but why? I mean, you could use any computer you own for those purposes, the Wii U gamepad for some things, using your t.v. screen with the Wii U, or some generic tablet you already own, but why for the love of videogames would you want nintendo to waste loads of money and effort making a "nintendo brand tablet" just for the sake of doing some mundane common tasks that you can already do by many other means?

I'm with you on the PC gaming, if you somehow managed to find a way to make it all work on some unix/linux operating system to avoid the nazi cancer that is microsoft and google and intel and steam.
my other bro has a pc and a Wii U and can basically play almost any game he wants without any bullshit.

but why did you give up on nintendo? you don't have to like everything but I just don't get why everything you said would equate to the logic that you need to give up on nintendo?, yet you want them to make a tablet for you? It just doesn't make sense to me. I really think you are a triple agent shill or something.

I got sick of pokemon shortly after discovering it. I don't know if I can call my respect for Nintendo, "brand loyalty" because I would abandon them in an instant if they ever did anything to upset me enough. my bro got his Wii U for the same reason that I would have- had he not got one first for all of us to share at his house- basically that it had a bunch of fun games we could all enjoy and it wasn't a chore to use like xbox. basically it wasn't a pain in the fucking ass to deal with nintendo since they seem to care about customer comfort and convenience, wasn't loaded with fucking loads of spyware and drm and anti customer features, and it had lots of fun games. it's such a simple thing and it made us so happy because nobody else was offering something like that.

Nintendo is nothing like apple, and I can't imagine how in the squirrel tits brain fuck you could ever have come to that conclusion, it just totally blows my whole mind.

I will give you that pretty much every smartphone game is shit. There are ports like the gta games, but they have touch controls. I would assume that they play much better with a controller.

I was sorely disappointed with this as well, I hate censorship. strangely enough I looked at the difference between the censored and uncensored versions of Xenoblade and the US release actually looked better, as if it had more style. the uncensored version didn't even have any appeal, it just seemed like "oh, some plain boring not even tasteful attempt at sexyness" I have seen loads better than that, and it was nothing at all even scratching the surface of what I consider to be impressive.

I feel as if the censorship is unacceptable and all the options should have been available, but the end result of this censorship turned out better, rather than worse. I'm pissed off at nintendo but it worked out well.

they shouldn't censor though. seriously.

Yea, controllers or keyboard (depending on what your favorite is) beat those tablet or smartphone touch controls in every way.

Sure, maybe they change a few characters for the better, but youre getting an overall worse product. I would rather have the untamlered game than a butchered one with 1 or 2 better designed characters.

K&M for life, but they do make androids with controllers.

Zelda is going to save Nintendo and be a 10/10 game.

Now come on, don't be like that. Zelda looks good, but you're just trying to start an argument here.

Okay.

Phoenix Wright on iOS is pretty good, but that's a visual novel game basically. Sounds like you came in expecting to play God Hand or something.

Now the part about the Nintendo brand tablet, that's just me sperging about how interesting it would be for it to happen. It'd be pretty sweet if KDE Plasma Mobile moved faster too…

And holy fuck, I hope gaming improves on Linux. Windows is always more bloated than even fucking Mint!

And dude, I gave up because I only cared about Smash and Zelda mostly, those aren't really worth the 50+ dollar price tag and the price of the console to me. To be fair to Nintendo, they make great party machines, but that money is better spent else where.

And Nintendo and Apple are both pretty draconian, quick to sue or send C&Ds, and have their products and high end people put on pedestals. The way people talk about Miyamoto or Steve Jobs, you'd think they were in love with them. I will give Nintendo credit though, they have improved and Apple should take note. I'm just waiting for Apple (and the rest of the overpriced phone industry) to shit it's pants when the two year contract finally dies and people realize they've been buying a phone between $600-$1000.

No I'm just stating the truth.

I dont think zelda will straight up save nintendo, but i think it will help them a good bit. And i think zelda is gonna be a 7-8/10. Not perfect, but pretty good.

Tribalism.

7/10 and 8/10 are the most useless inoffensive score ever.

Im going by a non broken scale, faggot.

X/10 scale inherently broken.

Then im not sure how to predict how good a game is going to be besides "it might be pretty good" and "its gonna be shit".

What is mediocre in X/10 scale? What is mediocre in this shit industry? I use a X/5 with no decimals.

If it's good i get it, if it's shit i don't.
And the same can be said about all the other systems.
Of course, if its shit and it's overmarketed i will complain and make people aware of it.

The problem with those scores is when the media is corrupt.
The more corrupt, the bigger the score scale.
For example, in the carnaval thing in brazil, the notes are in theory from 0 to 10, but it never, ever, EVER goes below 9.
They actually use floating point numbers to judge, like 9.85 etc..

Score are already kind of broken without corruption.

Guess why there are so many dislikes in picture related.

At first I thought it was typical sonypony asshurt that their game didn't get a perfect score.

Then I read the comments and their actual reason was even funnier.

And what was that?

rating 9/10 for the sake of getting that Jew money is one thing
but I believe a good chunk of the time they refuse to rate a high-budget AAA title lower if only for the fear of the fucking mob rule

Basically yes.

And this is what happen when the carnaval judges give one of the teams a 9.toolow

The fact a cod game got scored .2 points higher than UC4.

Different people rated the games.

What would upset you enough?

They've ruined properties like Paper Mario, left others like F-Zero and Metroid to rot, and allowed 8-4 and Treehouse to shit all over "localizations" for series like Xenoblade and Fire Emblem. 3DS and Wii U are both made of cheap, glossed, easy-to-scratch plastic and feel cheaper than even the cheapest smartphones. Wii U launched at an all-time company high SRP of $350 and they were dragged kicking and screaming down to $300 with a bundled game. Wii U is also a little harder to find because Nintendo refuses to play ball with Amazon, the modern-day Sears catalog and the largest online retailer. First party games are artificially kept at the launch price and rarely ever sink below that.

All of this may mean little to you, but it signals to everyone that they're living in their own bubble where PlayStation and Xbox aren't a threat and that their target audience will happily drop their tablets and smartphones as long as they have four Pokemon titles and a dumbed-down Paper Mario game to choose from on their 3DS.

This person gets it. All of this.

To be fair. Apple does this and the leaked roadmap for PS4 Neo was going to be a September reveal followed by an October launch. Companies love the Apple strategy these days because it gives consumers less time to think about purchases.

I don't think Nintendo will do an Apple style launch and will do the direct by September at least.