Neptunia Thread

Dreams come true Edition

🍆🍆🍆

NEWS

MEGADIMENSION NEPTUNIA V-II IS NOW AVAILABLE FOR PC!!! SALE ENDS JULY 12TH!
BE SURE TO SPOILER V-II RELATED CONTENT
store.steampowered.com/app/460120

Re;Birth 3 Re;Translation release soon

CONTENT

Re;Translation of Re;Birth 2

Actual version: 1.41

.7z download: mega.nz/#!eIUkBKxI!xSw7Wmd8rQRXobkAvSdLZTLdrj3aCQcLIe2FQeW2YqY

MD5: 341A7261D3325C7956E83BE31B107973

EXE download: mega.nz/#!GINHxbzB!0nIJV3PkRp0ypJ3VxJgInooKBWpQaOne_GTzUFi7Ric

MD5: D12389F42BED5DAD8696B748740A4AA1

Re;Translation of Re;Birth 3

Release soon ( >>>/nep/3382 for details)

New tool for retranslations, Neptools, made by the retranslation team itself:

>>>/nep/2894

github.com/u3shit/neptools/releases

Re;Birth mods: >>>/nep/822

Translated Nep media: >>>/nep/1589

Hello New World manga: >>>/nep/3153

CM3D2 with Neps: >>>/nep/3278

/nep/ Steam Group: >>>/nep/3211

/nep/ Quest: >>>/nep/3011

/nep/ Monthly Bunker: >>>/nep/2756

Stories from /nep/ and Holla Forums members: pastebin.com/nPukfP7A

QUESTIONS

Go with Re;Birth 1, and follow the remakes from there on. Available for PC or Vita.

Translation Statuses are:

HDN, Mk2, Victory, and many Spinoffs: NISA cancer, a Re;Translation of Hyperdevotion Noire is possible

Re;Birth 1, V-II: Translation is alright, no worries from these ones

Re;Birth 2: Not obviously bad at the start, but gets much worse as it goes along: in particular Neptune and Ram were screwed hard during localization. However, there is a Re;Translation made on our very own board(see above links)

Re;Birth3: Better than the original NISA translation in Victory but still quite a lot of cancer. Re;Translation in progress

Ask the Volafile or Share threads.

Ask in thread or go to >>>/nep/835

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!iJt0gYzI!ub08getGYS405FMKFIkmXMr6Si_vzQr6aCv1TND1RTI
mega.nz/#!XBdyxBiI!6X2zMpAT3rYIszGxhpCAdK6CzkMogFXrZlnVGqtcD8M
youtu.be/Dsby9f5RVN8?t=48s
mega.nz/#!Ns5xiLDI!hHscWF_VF3GwP8f_sy5A93sdmZOmKOQUAaKpZAndk80
github.com/u3shit/neptools/releases/tag/v0.3.5
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Please download faster

That's better.

Top Sellers list

Do the DLC characters have some quests or story that comes with them or are they just plopped into the game like in the previous installments?

Looks like I was way too late to make that Uzume edition for the other guy. We really hit page 15 fast this time

Also, time to play V-II all day.

Really not used to seeing character portraits that aren't stretched.

Umiyo and Nepgya are just dropped into your party right at the start of the game, I recommend just putting them in the back with the lily system if you really want them. I'm not sure about the other characters yet, but they probably have some event to recruit them later on.

Also, reminder that the newest version of the Re;Birth 2 translation is 1.421
mega.nz/#!iJt0gYzI!ub08getGYS405FMKFIkmXMr6Si_vzQr6aCv1TND1RTI
MD5: 0761C9D671E6C8F4B468CCDCB18F1185

Looks like it wasn't updated yet by OP.

is this their new business strategy to set stupidly high price to make people buy the game en masse before it costs 50 bucks?

They've been doing huge discount on launch since the first rebirth game, haven't they?

they're taking it to the next level though with 50 bucks for yet another nep grindan game

Come on step it up.

Not saying I like the whole $50-$60 standard, but this is a PS4 port instead of a Vita port AND I believe it's had the fastest console->PC turnaround compared to the other Nep games.

M-maybe it'll be out on GOG for free by the time I'm finished.

But … user, you're more than prepared for it

It's alright.

Anyone had any issues using a PS3 controller with this? Worked fine in other neps but not here

THE EXTRACTION
IT BEGINS

All I want is Noire.

EXCELLENTI NEED THIS

Too bad I can't view them yet due to V-II spoilers

THANK GOD AND NEP FOR THIS I WAS SO FUCKING SCARED IT WOULDNT RUN WELL ON THIS FUCKING 4 YEAR OLD LAPTOP

What GPU do you have? I think you can get a lot higher if you turn down the textures. I also heard Nep V-II defaults to using the iGPU instead of the dedicated one so make sure you've selected to use the dedicated one.

what resolution are you playing at?

Thank you Iffy

Will VII run okay on my PC?

Aye, I've done the same thing. on a 5 year old prebuilttower and I get the same. This just strengthens my resolution to build a proper machine. For the neps!

You forgot to include your GPU, so a good judgement can't be made.

Do it! Assemble it yourself too, it's fun and way cheaper

Forgive me being a total Leanbox-colored idiot here but you mean graphic card? It's Nvidia geforce gt 630M. And processor is intel core i5-3210M. And I'll try what you said but tweaking the settings in Nvidia control panel has been always a pain in the ass given how 90% of the time the settings dont save

tried both full screen 1600x900 and windowed 12something x something, both ran the same or just without any noticeable change, which I'm more than happy about

Could you run previous games at near 60? Then yes

Same, I really hope I manage to become find paid internship this summer, since I could both really use the money AND I need it for college

Changing didn't work, it seems it was using the dedicated one from the get go as the lags into and from battle are still there, but it's a small price to play the game at decent framerate

Where's the GPU located if you don't mind me asking? I didn't see it anywhere when I posted the specs.

Does no stuttering count?

There's a nice program you can download called Speccy, that just lays out the essentials in an easy to read format.

In your computer silly. the sure way to see it is to go to device manager and then click on display drivers

Yeah, you're not going to get very far using a 630M I'm afraid. Nice that you can still play the game though.

You can check the sticker on your laptop too. It will probably be an Nvidia or AMD one. But based on that screenshot you should be able to run the game.

Like this?

That's actually decent. You won't be able to run at max settings, but as long as the i3 doesn't trip you up it should be playable.

Max settings isn't what I care for, was just wanting to confirm whether it'll run okay on my PC or not.

Thanks for the information, user.

cute

I thought that said Greasy for a moment.

I bet she does get really greasy after a hard day in the garage.

That's what you would call her if you wanted to bully her.

I still can't believe this game is making my graphics card cry to 44 FPS.

what card do you have? And can you play a lot of modern games at 60?

Just an overclocked GTX 650Ti.

I haven't bought any modern games recently. The most intensive I have, would be Resident Evil 5, maybe Dragon's Dogma…both run at 60.

Also my FPS only goes down at some places not everywhere, but still, the fact it's going down to 44… Goodness.

I had a non-Ti 650 for the past few years and only recently bought a used 970…dodged a bullet there haha

I want a new GFX card, but unsure what to get, since I really only play niche titles like Neptunia. Maybe a 480, after its issues gets fixed.

I wonder if the 480 will see a price drop after the matter is resolved

I'm looking at it and it's performance to price ratio. It's quite appealing.

This game sure is dark for the first few hours damn.

yuck

I bully her a lot here, but I don't think I could bring myself to be mean to Nepgear in front of her. I don't know if I'm feeling the stirrings of genuine attraction towards her after all these years or if I'm just getting soft.

I'm usually not into that sort of thing, but somehow I wish I knew what Sweatgear smells like.

Like a goddess.

Mainline Nep games, excluding V, were always dark when it came to the plot. It's nothing new.

This has to be the darkest game I've seen that has cute girls doing cute things

Did you not play the conquest ending of MkII/Re;birth 2?

The original game on the ps3 was a satire and was pretty dark. Mk2 was pretty dark as well, but moreso with the Conquest ending.
For V-II, I would say it's not quite as dark as Conquest, but probably darker than the original game. I can understand if you never played Conquest though, since that ending makes you want to gouge out your own heart.

wait … a top list with no cancer?

hmmm Technomancer looks abit wanky…. Is the latest GTA any good?

I've played through it. 11 times actually.

I know, right

Neptune's blood looks so pretty there.

I just realized you can have four people in combat in rebirth 2
I'm already on chapter 3

Speaking of which, I'm fighting the last boss right now. Average level in the 60s. How the fuck am I supposed to overpower something that regens 20k health every turn?

EXE Drives

(checked)
EXE drive spam his back with buffs when his guard is low The optional side dungeons also are good for leveling. Make sure you have good gear as it is very important. Although I don't remember the final boss requiring that much.

STOP
NEPPING

Can't stop (can't stop)
Can't stop the Nep
Won't stop (won't sotp)
Won't stop the Nep

There are some things which are impossible to stop, user

I really hope to see some cute Gears in different clothing now. Of course it'd be nice to see people using my clothing set as well.
Of course this goes for all the characters, not just Gear. There's a lot of cute and cool stuff depending on the Nep. Uzume for instance has some pretty cool clothes she can wear.

Tried that, but the health meter becomes full by the time I build the EXE drive back up, assuming I'm not stuck in a healing loop. Right now the party is Neptune+Nepgear, Histoire+Plutia, and Rom+Ram (or is it Ram+Rom?).

Oh, and it's a she. True Arfoire to be precise.. Not going for the true ending just yet (maybe in the NG+; Can't make more dungeons after unlocking Nepgear and the twins).

Uzume has that really cool red set that looks like it was torn a bit
nude mods when?

I want to gently torture Nepgear~

If I didn't know better, Neptune has too many shitposting faces

Are you spamming Rush attacks?

What about torturing lewdly?

Yes, but to get a head start I build up the gauge on other mobs prior to the boss. I'd ask if there was a way to make it go faster but that ship sailed long ago. Can't afford the plan that let's me do it (only have about 10MB left).

Grind on mobs like there's no tomorrow

TIDTool is a constipated shit.

So much for thinking the DLC trio and the CPU siblings would keep me from doing that. Fine. What about those discs? Any recommended ones?

Checkmate.

Oh, have you gotten the Dengeki weapons from the bears?

RB2 retranslation updated to v1.422!

Download: mega.nz/#!XBdyxBiI!6X2zMpAT3rYIszGxhpCAdK6CzkMogFXrZlnVGqtcD8M

MD5: 6AA1AA1C3822D649FA0750457993B77C

We have a new way to batch import the shared script and convert it to usable files (Editor would have loved to have this tool back when he was a part of the group). However some of the output came out corrupt so I fixed that over the course of a few hours and made this patch post-repairs.

Where are they? Probably forgot to mention that I haven't (and cannot) unlock(ed) the colosseum.

They are an Event at Planeptune. They have OP electrical attacks but you get some nice kit if you murder them.

Just grab the items from the shop that guard against electric attack and you're golden

There's no such event. There's just one left and it's at the Road to Celestia.

I just found out that Yui Horie voiced Hitomi from dead or alive. Jesus Christ, Nepgear has been in my life in one form or another since I was a wee lad.

Hug your shrimp and jello.
>>>/nep/3424
>>>/nep/3425

…quick question. Do you have the Fairy Fencer F DLC?

I have all of the DLC for RB1. Pretty sure they're switched on too.

…they need to stop changing shit in these games so we can add more features to Neptools.

Back after a lack of electricity in the building.

And I want to have children and raise them with Nepgear. And to make sure everything goes fine for them.

Reminds me of the bonus CDs, you might want to listen them.

Nice work.

Does this series have a Nep representing PC?

Also, I want to Lewdly hold hands with Vert and Let her play with myTits.

You get that event after you've unlocked the Colosseum.

There's Biru, who pops up in the anime every so often Points for guessing what her name is based on and Peashy represents the PC Engine, which wasn't an actual "PC" as such IIRC. It's pretty much just the consoles and Sega

Dang, a Nep game with a budget, shadows, and bloom? After playing the RB games I cant help but be shocked.

Also I had no idea Nepgear was some hacker. Wonder if that means shes just script kiddie tier.

I'd get more animu Steam games if they were cheaper, I may be a weeb, but not enough to pay more than I would for non-physical western games. Until then, I'm a patient man.

Which I can't unlock. So I pretty much have to grind everyone to the 90s now?

You unlock the colosseum in ng+ iirc

Possible. Back then I've run through every side dungeon at least once, and I've also grinded the whales for a little bit. It was more than enough to effortesly curbstomp the final boss.

She has mentioned she isn't that good on the software side in RB;3 with Anonydeath

The plan was available but I forwent it after it dawned upon me that MB drops are finite. Also wanted the other CPUs but crafting dozens and dozens of hats probably didn't help.

Speaking of hats, do Iffy and Compa not get any costumes whatsoever? Every other maker has extras.

Sucks that there doesn't seem to be any way to Cheat Engine the MB quantity. Quite a few dungeons left unlocked. Come to think of it, I don't even have some of their plans.

Aye. IF and Compile Heart forgot about the customes of Iffy and Compa after the very first game. They've only got customes in V II again.

mk2 had offerings too.

Either way Felistella didn't bother including them in the Re;Births out of immense laziness and it took until V-II for some newer ones to be made, like you said.

That long?!

List of their costumes ain't long either, and guess which ones are DLC

All of them?

How is VII still number 1 on Steam? I had no idea Nepdomination was this strong.

man I remember someone saying VII got a lot better when they moved it to their solid-state drive from their hard drive

right now I'm running a chdsk on my hard drive after I started getting a bunch of errors including explorer not starting

I sincerely hope that's just a freak coincidence and my hard drive is just a piece of shit

only swimsuits

Well SSD's almost completely remove loading time on pretty much everything. If you don't have one I strongly recommend getting one or including it in your next PC build. Going from HDD to SSD is incredible.

I was having audio issues in my game, but apparently it's because the game can't be played on an external hard drive correctly. Had to move it to my internal HDD since my SSD didn't have enough space.

Absolutely, but the whole "finite writes" thing left me worried so pretty much every game is on the HDD.

That's strange, I'm guessing they didn't test running the game off an external hard drive.

I believe what she actually said is that she was more of a hardware girl than a software one.
That doesn't mean she can't do software. In fact, in order to do robotics, you have to know how to use quite a bit of programming while still working with the electrical and mechanical side of things.
I can relate to Nepgear since I'm better at the software side of things than hardware, but I can still do the hardware stuff at a pretty high level. It's just less fun than messing around with PLC programs or MATLAB.

How many writes does that mean?

Nice double doubles.
Anyway, this is actually the third game that I've had that doesn't run on external HDDs, so apparently a lot of companies don't really test them.

It depends. Endurance would be a better term. Basically, HDDs can have files downloaded to it indefinitely provided that it doesn't break or something. SSDs just about never break but the chips within can only withstand so many terabytes worth of downloads before it decays. Typically a few hundred but again, it depends.

This is a meme and was only a problem in the first models of SSD's and in enterprise environments. You won't reach this limit ever with a newer SSD, unless you're writing terabytes per day. Multiple tests have been done on it.

I know, and I have one. Considering reinstalling a few games on it anyway.

And here comes the news, since I've sent some of them here already.

The chaos has begun. The slumlord received a notice that its residents have three months to leave and that he has to help, but he doesn't care and told us that we're on our own. One is leaving next month thanks to his father's contacts, but there remains two of us.

What worries me the most is that we definitely lack help. The social network is no use since many families endured this and were forced to live on the streets. The social homes aren't available due to how they give homes to lazy buns instead of the people who truly need it. As for the city's mayor, even though he tries to push his contacts for help, he doesn't do much, considering he has no obligation of giving a new home to those he pushes out.

As for me, I still have friends and family. An older brother who lives two streets near and who proposed to host me during the time I need to get out. A guy who lived here two years ago, who brings out the means to move out quickly and without troubles or losses, and many, many friends who work together to find places where I could live. Plus the city owner, whose assistants are working hard to push my job applications wherever they can, in hopes I'll get a job which will open the path to more locations.

And of course, each and every of you, who supported me since it began, and whom I'll never thank enough for that.

So I guess that fast tracking to a new home you were talking about is out of the question? And you can't actually be homeless in that country right? I mean they'll pick you up and stuff you somewhere? Such a country having people who are homeless doesn't sound right, I know it's impossible in mine.

I'd hug you if I could man but here's a Gear

That fast tracking must be done either to a social house or a house associated with the whole social network. And neither of these are available. As for being homeless, should the time given to me reach its end (between one and three months), the police puts me out with any belonging I might still have at this place. And it seems to be impossible, yet it happened several times due to technical abuse (you are supposed to have a home or some help when you're forced to leave, and the help actually exists… But it doesn't have any homes to propose to people in that case, and by the time you check that, the locks are already changed in the building, and everything is thrown out).

Gears are always useful for the mood, thanks man.

Never can skip this move's animation.

So how's the quality of the port so far? Anyone having any issues?

Haven't heard anything game breaking that hasn't been fixed yet. Just for fun I'm going to install it on my laptop with HD 4000 integrated graphics and see how it fares.

Good quality port, even runs on lower end systems. No issues except for some minor loading issues, the game lightly stutters for about half a second when loading something new like changing armor sets in the equip screen or a new character appearing on the screen in a VN scene. This problem is not present at all in battles.

I see. Good luck then, and let's hope a future with a comfy house and Nep vidya awaits.

No.

You can run it just fine on way systems lower than that.

I guess the Tales series spoiled me on that front. I'm invincible until chapter 7 or so.

You will have these choices in V II. But yes, it sucks hard time.

Related to this, how accurate is that guide on Steam for RB;2s endings? I eventually want to get all endings (it may take me years, because I want to forgot most of the story before I replay the game again), and it says that Nepgear can't have a lily rank better than 4 with anyone. I didn't couple her with anyone, but because of the small events she is already 5 with IF. Will I have to start a completely new game if I want to see the normal ending?

You'll get the normal end if you don't put massive shares into one country and you don't recruit all goddesses and makers.

Fucking hell, I thought they just appear on their own. I can't check later if I saw all of them, right? I only have the saves that I get at the beginning of the chapters, so I might have to replay the game from the start of chapter 2. Fuck.

I'm pretty sure they'll pop up once you get the shares. You have to do it before the chapter 5 fight though. Those events are some people talking about some forgotten powerful weapon to Nepgear.

So I can get them outside of chapter 2 too? Then I will just farm some shares to make sure they happen. Damn, this isn't that complicated, but I do fear that I will get an end I don't want, and then I will think I've wasted all those hours.

I'm not really sure. I recommend clearing the game and hopping into ng+, then you make sure you pick up those events and to not recruit any goddesses and makers yet. Then you save before the chapter 5 fight. From that savepoint you can do all the endings there are if you picked up those events.

Yeah, I might do that, thanks. But there is something that feels wrong about that too, it's like I've just watched them on Youtube without putting in the real work. So I think I will have one such save and decide later if I should watch all endings like that or not.

The conquest, holy sword and true ending are vastly different from each other so I can agree with you on that. However, the nation and maker endings are really not worth wasting a lot of time on, trust me. They're all the normal end with a small different scene added to the end

Also a word of warning: if you really like the Neps then the conquest ending will hit you very hard

Oh, then I won't waste time on them, thanks. I think I will play through the game twice (conquest and holy sword), then RB3 once, then RB2 two more times (true and normal), and then RB3 again. And also play with the spin off games in between. Then I can start V II.

Neps are the gift that keep on giving.

RB3 is skippable if you want a taste of something better, V-II is way better so far. Good luck getting through the conquest ending, you'll need it

The endings for RB3 only stop the story at certain points, I would just play it once and get the true end. Plus I couldn't imagine playing the game more than once, the slog through the middle portion can be grating.

So, i pirated the game, there's DLC checkbox, should i install them?

Or they are literally cheats like always?

RB3 mentions Holy Sword as well (as a joke) at the beginning so it'll dove-tail nicely into your first play-through of it. Go for the True End for RB3 BTW. I don't think you need to do a NG+ of it unless you want 100% (which I personally am simply not autistic enough to do and have not done so for any Nep PC game so far).

I'd hold of replaying RB2 and RB3 until after you play VII. I recommend playing them the first time through with no modification, and then on the second playthrough with their respective retranslation patches.

The RB3 patch isn't out yet though but it should be well done by the time you do your second RB3 go-through.

I could imagine people playing it again once our patch is out.

Would be nice if there was a way of editing the game engines so that we can add characters, maps, and new cutscenes without the need to overwrite anything

I dream of a community episode.

Well, U3 is constantly trying to improve Neptools. Maybe he'll come up with something that allows that someday!

Provided CH/IF stop fucking around with the container formats of course.

Half of it is cheat items, half is cosmetics and extra characters. I'd probably install the DLC and then choose to not use the OP items.

Soon hopefully

This, if it is an all-or-none thing just check it and not use the cheat items if you want new characters later along with new costumes.

I could imagine people playing with modifications to neps, and the fun it could bring.

Well, I was as I said hoping to have it out a few days ago, but then we ran into a string of issues. Just in the last three days I had to troubleshoot a series of things related to the switchover from Kitserver to Neptools. It ran fine for me for weeks, but once it got out in the wild you are bound to find unforeseen issues.

And I still haven't proof-read the new RB3 script fully yet, either.

You are reading those in Skeletor's voice

Wait, you recommend playing through RB2 and 3 without the retranslation patch? I thought at least RB2's was done though unless it's still got issues?

My sides are now in orbit. Congrats.

I wouldn't play it without the retranslation patch, it's really horrible.

I could imagine a Stalker game with neps.

Oh, it's done! And very good quality, must say so myself.

But…I think everyone should play the game ONCE with Nick's script. Otherwise the impact of just how big of a change it's been is sort of lost if you've never seen what could have been (where you are stuck with THAT forever).

Hopefully I didn't sound impatient. Whatever needs to be done to make sure it is as bug-free as can be is the most important.

I'm more impatient to release it that you are. But RB3RT is pretty expected after RB2RT so there's a lot more hope and interest riding on it than the previous project. So you have to be more careful the second time around.

My favorite glitch so far.

I'm also beginning to really like the blur, if only for screenshots.

Man after Bravely Default I don't think a middle game portion will phase me

Considering how nothing happens the entirety of RB3, it's more like the whole game can be grating until like the last 2 hours.

How can Nepgear be so cute?

Because she's like a bunny. It's an Nepgear trait.

Because she's Nepgear.

Because she's the cutest, of course. How can the cutest be not cute ?

Shit, that's a nice touch.

tfw Oratorio Tangram won't get a PC port

I really want a Shenmue HD remake on steam. Pretty sure Nepgear said that was her favorite game and I've heard it was revolutionary (at the time).

FUUUUU

I still have to finish Re;Birth2 and 3 before I can play this… I don't know if I can resist the urge to skip ahead.

Take your time. The journey is half the fun.

Well you can skip RB3 and play it later as it barely even gets mentioned in V-II, but you absolutely have to play RB2.

I recommend skipping 3 and playing V-II and going back to 3 unless you are patient. Nothing in RB3 matters, really. CH pretty much just acts like it never happened save for a few references that aren't vital to the plot at all. But RB2 is very important at times. So pretty much what this guy here said

…I don't recommend skipping any Nep game though. Not even the side story ones.

…although I'd put those side ones on the backburner, to be fair.

Of course, I plan to play all Nep games including the old ones with an emulator when possible. But they're not required for V-II so it's fine to play that before them. I too don't recommend never playing RB3, but I do recommend playing it later after V-II.

I do have to say the ReBirth method of turning "Change Dungeon" plans on and off is starting to wear a bit thin as I'm getting back into the grind of it. Would have been nice if that was a toggle on the world map.

made the mistake of reading the steam forums for VII

how the fuck did this dumb motherfucker get selected for testing when I didn't

I'd better get into the next IFI PC port beta, I swear to god

I did wonder how they managed to miss an ear rape like that.

what gets me is the same tester said it was fixed in one build but re-introduced the next one

and he STILL didn't flag it

Plutia…Rei…

You actually expected competent people to be accepted for beta tests?

I'm not surprised after programming these days is overwhelming outsourced to poo in the loos

Is it just me or are the audio levels kinda fucked up in V-II?
Just like in R;B2

This

How the fuck do you miss something like this?
My ears are about to start bleeding

so far the only glaring problem I've heard is really the Coral Station ambience

I only just started the second part, though. Went with Noire because she was only level 22 when the others were all 24, wtf.

He didn't miss it, did he?

If that's the case the only reason is he didn't give a shit.

I always have to adjust the different sound levels in Nep games. The default does not sound right with headphones on. Good thing the options are there.

Big Nep is great.

Hey do I have to get the ending on RB1 before moving on to RB2? I wanted to see both but accidentally saved over the last file I had before the last fight so I have to play through the entire game with my maxed out party to get there.

the two games are entirely separate, story-wise

Superdimension hasn't been revisited yet so RB2-RB3-VII is all you need to worry about.

Nothing in RB1 even matters. It's not in the same dimension.
In the original series, the first game ended definitely where there was no way to have a sequel, so they retconned it with Mk2/RB2.
Not that RB1 is a real remake of the original game…

Ah okay then. Got RB2 and 3 from that Steam Sale and I've been itching to jump into those but thought I had to True End RB1 first. Thanks.

Wew

Make sure you get the retranslation patch for RB2 and to do the true ending and conquest ending (and probably holy sword after that). RB2 has some vastly different endings, it's worth doing them.

I'll risk accusations of heresy and come out with it. English dub or Japanese? I listen to English first then on the NG+ I go with Japanese.

Does VII have bosses that heal every turn?
How some bosses heal every single turn is probably my biggest issue with the series. I like to fight bosses while underlevelled for more of a challenge, but this mechanic makes it impossible.

As of now I'm only a couple of hours in, the bosses aren't healing yet

They didn't start doing that in Re;Birth 3 til the later half, it's not as bad as it was 1 or 2.

I always did English, but thanks to RB and V-II's lack of dubbing, I used Japanese for them.
I think they're about even. I hate some of the Japanese voices (mainly Compa) but love some others. In English, I hate a few characters, but absolutely love Compa and Nepgear's voices. Of course Nepgear is top quality in both languages. But Compa is just so fucking annoying in Japanese that it turned me off from the Japanese dub. Sadly Noire is slightly annoying in English, and Red was just awful.

I like to hear both sets and decide from there. Right now, the voices are a bit too high for me. Then again, it's been ages since I've watched a sub of anything.

No, not you having to listen to English dubs, I personally listen to them if they're well done.

That post was more of people like that guy who got into the beta exist

I can understand if the English dub is way better. But the Japanese voices are just so cute and iconic that I can't accept this heresy.

I've played through all of RB1 with the english voices

the english voices all sound the same to me

maybe it's my extreme weeb factor kicking in, but I can tell all of the JP voices apart and put VA names to them too

why is neptune so strong

Because she's the main character.

They are lewd girls, I want to sit down with them in front of PC and show them my collection of their lewds

mfw

THE EXTRACTION
IT CONTINUES
TIDTool is shit.

I honestly believe that they spend half the budget on voices, mostly on VAs and music. But then half of the game is a VN, so it's understandable. I still don't get why anyone would choose the English VAs over the professional Japs.

Dogoos are rather versatile creatures.

Some more.
3Girls1Drum

It doesn't really feel like the ENG Cast put half as much effort into it as the JP cast to be honest

There's enough room for you to squeeze in the middle

Except Umio. He nails the JP voice actor.
I can't even tell the difference between the two whenever I switch between the options.
This has been something I've been wanting since the Rebirth games. Being able to switch voice language on the fly.

But then again, having a suave and smooth voice isn't as hard to do compared to the crazy shit the original voice actors like Nep does when they're in shock or something similar.

You've piqued my interest. I have to check out EN Umio.

I've always thought that english anime voice actors have been afraid of really straining their voice, aside from some exceptions like Sean Schemmel (Goku). It's that fear of sounding embarrassing or stupid that's ironically holding them back.

Danger Zone

I can understand hating Red always but using the Eng Dub is really weird to me, also probably biased because JAP Compa is adorable and my single favourite Nep

In the meantime I'm stuck waiting on Air Mail while my computer struggles to play music and a Mumble chat at the same time.

That reminds me…

youtu.be/Dsby9f5RVN8?t=48s

Exactly

Does her next form get longer, spiky hair and lack of eyebrows ?

Absolutely.

So any luck in getting these texture-user?

Why does Nepgear have that ribbon? It's amazing.

Lotta cuteness for a hired goddess!

Looks like she just took it off her sailor outfit.

If you're okay with this.

Speaking of sailor outfits.

I want to take a hot bath with Blanc and nep her while we do it
Got the money, game's downloading

English VAs get paid significantly less than Japanese ones. Which leads to less talented people putting less effort into their performances.

Spot on 90's Nepgear.

Good job supporting the Neps, you can probably even use the save file from the pirated version.

nothing to see here, move along…

I didnt play the pirated one past checking the performance, that;s how devoted I am

That's probably why Uzume looks like she's gesturing to the viewer with her right hand to get in the middle.

TIDTool is hacked together and duct-taped like all the other Kitserver tools. That's why Neptools came into existence. Although TID isn't a focus for it right now…

New Kitserver or hex editing?

Also I had trouble getting new assets to work even using the old repacker…very interested to see the mechanics of this.

neptools. well, a slightly modified version. hopefully I can release something usable later this day, but no promises…

That's a cute Blanc.

Oh. I should have checked the project page.

That's what I was thinking. Maybe can make an exploitable of that or something.

the entirety of manga Blanc is cute

Not even sure if I've seen it. Though the artstyle is definitely familiar, so maybe I have and just forgot about it.

Something like this?

That works. Now we can just add random words between her hands.

I was about to do the same thing.

Smoothed a few odd pixels off her left hand.

Oh you're right.
In any case it's extremely cute and hot. Sasuga Nepgear.

What if Blanc has an ass more amazing than Purple Heart?

Contract?

Then you'd be inside Blanc's dream.

She might do, but all my Blanc pics only show her from the front.

I have yet to see Blanc with an ass like pic related.

I believe I've written it wrong and made you get confused.

I didn't mean it as in "an ass in the same position like Purple Heart" when I posted the image, I meant it as "and ass as detailed and perfectly shaped" as Purple heart.

Blanc has the body of a ten year old boy. She'll never have the womanly shape of Purple Heart.

whats wrong with loli butt?

And yet little Nep does in that one manga chapter in HNW

Nothing. Its just that while I do find them cute…. my dick doesn't get aroused at all.

Butts have to be the right shape in order for me to fall in love with it and do as I desire to it. Loli butts while good aren't the right size for me want to eat it out or violate it with my hands.

And it sucks because I'm sure I've already said before how I feel about Purple Heart.

Blanc has fantastic ass, better than Neptune and if you disagree you are a fucking heretic

We need more Blanc butt to determine the overall shape and thickness.

ass doesn't matter.
But this pic related is far more important

Belly buttons are nothing compared to the goodness that is butts.

I mean, I know its not perfectly shaped an all, but this is a cute ass.

Cherry boy?

IT MEANS A VIRGIN

If we judged by the whole of the girl then there'd be a part of her that would make me hate her for eternity.

For example, I dislike Vert's personality while I hate the colour of her HDD counterpart's hair and breast size.

i did ment childbearing hips tho

true

What's the term for this rounded lower region? Is it just thighs or something else?

So you weren't meaning the belly button?

Waist and hips, maybe with thighs added.

THICK hips.

bought the first three games on steam and still haven't really play them
debating on getting the fourth game then just playing thru all of them in one go
but i still play cancer games like dota 2, ffxiv, overwatch

both

nope. never interested on belly buttons.

My bad for thinking otherwise.

Childbearing hips are perfectly fine.

I'd say you should buy the fourth one, so that the devs get more money, and we'll see even more nep games in the future.

But first you should play through at least the first game to see if you like the series.

Child bearing hips is definetly something Blanc has

Do you think she'd be a good mother?

She'd handle other little kids lik she does Ram and Rom, so go from there.

Not without a good husband to calm her down during the worst times, though I like to think Blanc would become an overall calmer character if she had a little baby to take care of

I guess that disqualifies Blancanon then.

I'd happily wait on hand and foot for Blanc and take care of all her needs if she was mine, and that's a promise.

And for thread killing… let's start with
mega.nz/#!Ns5xiLDI!hHscWF_VF3GwP8f_sy5A93sdmZOmKOQUAaKpZAndk80
Be careful, 5 GiBs of textures! DDS compress good.

Anyone who has the DLC that can post what this is?

She'd be a fine mother as long as her children aren't as bad as her little sister's.

I'll give you a hint

I like the series just never got the motivation to sit down and enjoy it
and i enjoy these kinda of games with a long play time, I know what I am getting into and I have to find the time to do it

She becomes a medic?!

Nice, this is very useful. Also rolling.

Rolling

Rolling.

Roll.

I'll roll too.

Actually pretty satisfied with myself.

Let's CPU Trade!
Odds: Rom
Evens: Vert

I'm afraid you're mistaken, someone else is waiting for you.

reroll

I'll settle with Stick.

Rolling for Gearsy

But hold on for a second there, user. V goes down and x goes across.

If it "truly" is Iris, then I refuse to acknowledge it as I dislike sadists and I won't reroll.

Onee-chan calls me

Y (7) goes down, X (6) goes across.

Run

Why? I can just say I refuse to accept it (because I got my hopes up thinking I actually got something good) and because I didn't accept a reroll, I can't get Blanc.

I'll wait until next thread. Can't believe I was so stupid to get my hopes up.

Rolling.

Rolling

Then answer her call. And start writing, like many of us.

oh ye of little faith

Calm down user, you'll be alright probably

Have a Blanc with lots of hats.

It would be impossible to be okay to wake one morning handcuffed to the bed and finding pic related having you at her mercy and doing as she pleases with your dick but refusing to let you cum.

rolling for ploot

The only thing that's not okay with that is that it would only happen in my dreams.

ah well, not that bad of an option
but her sister is still much better imo

Roling for Uni.

This isn't a question of faith, I'm just enjoying reading more content nep-related.

rolling

She's gonna need a lot of spankings.

lets go

It would be a nightmare trying to keep the kid from learning bad words from mommy. I had a bad temper when I was younger too, so I hope that wouldn't be passed on along with Blanc's temper problems too.

Now that I think about it, Blanc would be the least of my worries since she knows how to control her anger. If the kid turns out to be a CPU, she might very well kill me during a tantrum.

Nepgear get!

Blanc is angry/quiet
Rom is shy, innocent and kind
Ram is hyperactive and gives no fucks about pissing others off
How would the child be?

Damnit. Guess I'll go with the latter.

The runt or the kid nobody wants to talk to

You make it sound as if you want that badly.

why is freddi fish in my nep games

His name is Seaman.

Probably either a lot like Blanc, or perhaps she'd be more of a black sheep like being calm, mature, confidant and kind.

why though

In loving memory of Leonard Nimoy? I don't know. Why not?

Do you have any better ideas for a companion that isn't a hedgehog or a SEGA Console/Handheld?

what? spock is dead?!

As of last year, yes. So sad.

You're kidding right

Rolling

Yeah, he was murdered by JJ Abrams for not selling enough Star Trek tickets. It made headlines for weeks.

Don't tell me you fell asleep at that part

So…can you somehow pirate the DLC's

im not sure, i wasnt big on sega until the dreamcast rolled around. i love powerstone, but none of them really make a good animal mascot.

as long as theyre doing dreamcast cameos though, i hope the cyborg teddy bear from toy commander is a boss

Rollan.

Let's go!

Should be very easy to do, yes. It was easy for various steam games.

Apparently VII no longer cuts off the lines if it's too long, unlike the rebirths.

Anyway, have fun:
>github.com/u3shit/neptools/releases/tag/v0.3.5

The database portions need some more serious testing (and probably everything else). And now if you excuse me, I'll now try to actually play the game, instead of just staring to x64dbg's and ida's disassembly.

Of course doesn't make it any more readable with a white font over a white background.

Anyway, looks like VII script editing is open for business.

So we can clean up typos?

I want my "neps are reading the pastebin stories" as test for script editing.

Knock yourself out. Not sure just how far you can go yet but I imagine basic editing is possible now.

Posting Naturalgears for eye candy

It looks more natural than pink, that's where the name comes from. Also lewd Naturalgear.

Goodnight.

Well Natural Gear is cute too.

I prefer Naturalgear, but Cosplaygear is fine too.

That's fine. Just wanted a reason to post them. Too bad the doujin edits are so much data or I'd have posted them both with the above three.

Love her expression in this one.

No worries. Here are the Cosplaygears you might have missed.

It's time.

We should make one for Uzume too.

i think pink looks natural on gear. well i cant imagine her any other way

Gear, do you enjoy cosplay ?

Noire are you alright with the severe lack of you in this thread?

I think pink looks best too, of course. But blonde looks cute on her as well. It's more natural in the sense that being born with pink hair is pretty hard by real world standards and blonde is realistic.

Nepgear, are you in other game franchises, but wear disguises and change your name so no one knows that it's you?

Very well, do you like pianos?

cant argue with that. it just freaks me out a little,
what if shes going down the wrong path?

Nailed it.

I guess if she said yes, then it wouldn't be a secret anymore.

Nepgear is a good girl and will never go down the wrong path.

neptune do you have a playlist called neptunes?

badoop

plutia, can I sleep with you and also cuddle?

Neptune let's have some pudding together

Actually screw it let's see who wants to have pudding together

Don't give up.

Can you go have some pudding with ?

how about now?

It's been like this thread after thread after thread

Eventually you just numb the pain, but it's always there

;_;

Giving up is losing, Puddinganon. You won't lose, will you ?

how about a headpat?

cmon user don't look so down at least give it one more try I feel you would get lucky

Those trips implored me to reconsider

Neptune let's have some pudding together

Since I'm going to sleep,…

Gear, do you think I'll dream about you tonight ?

You got it, with a playing session as a bonus. You see you shouldn't give up.

Yeah, don't tell me, I'll see.

'Night, everyone.

See, you can do it. and rng rolls aside, Nepnep always loves eating pudding with others so I wouldn't worry

Same here, if I'm not awake before we reach page 15 someone make the next thread Uzume edition for that poor guy that really wanted it. Sleep tight.

Sleep tight user

It's going to be one those days isn't?
I might as well call it quits until next thread

congrats user I knew I had good feeling about this

good night user I hope neps appear on your dreams
at least not as weird as my dreams related to neps

More doujin edits.Took this image to make a Rom edit. But then I realized the hair wasn't really suitable for her and changed to Nepgear. But then I realized it looked more like a loli Vert after seeing a complete Gear.

Not that it's that important. Doesn't really look like Nepgear.

Really liking the VII soundtrack.

Noire should i do the conquest ending on my first play-through of RB2

Why would you ask Noire that of all people?

I'm just as confused as you

Oh fucking god.
I only had the time to tell her I loved her and to hear her tell me "Me too, Onii-chan." before waking up.
I probably won't be able to sleep tonight. Too shaken by that.

HOLY FUCK THE STATION BACKGROUND NOISE IS LOUD AS FUCK

Hey Noire, do you want to play a video game with me?

Don't stay up too late though

Where's bluegear?

It's not like that on PS4.

A PC beta tester noticed and didn't report it, you can thank them.

Have you posted the "phrase" that was ask?

Da ba de da ba di

Nep is life

Then your guess is as good as mine as to why they pick shit beta testers.

This was with most of the settings at low and the resolution lowered. Even if I do buy it I might hold off until further notice.

Bueno.

their judgement is a bit iffy at times

God dam it carlos.

I'll make more if I ever find any suitable candidates in all the doujins that I read. For any character. Sadly, Nepgear seems to be the one that looks like the most of other characters, so she's the one that I'll most likely be doing the most of. I'll keep a lookout for other potential ones though.

I don't like Nepgear so any other character is fine.

Nepgears all right but I really think shes becoming overused

I guess those digits mean the end of the Nepgear era.

Hey, I just thought about it. Until (if) the game is patched to address this issue, with Neptools modding is now an option potentially.

So there's the fan patch route. Either run the audio through [INSERT FAVORITE AUDIO PROGRAM HERE] to fix it or just replace it with a blank file.

Well I'll be doing whomever. Nepgear has the appearance that is most similar to other characters. So most likely more Gear will be coming.
I'll try to do other characters since I know a lot of people think she's overly loved here. Not me, but I understand how and why some people think that.

There will never be a game for Rom and Ram

As long as it's not Tekken.

roll

Watching the actual 3D cutscene in V2…I like it, I actually wish they did this more, rather than the VN sections, yeah Tsunako's art is pretty to look at but the models and their movements look actually good

They have their appeal

And if the Re;Birth texture mods work, it'd be nice to see them in action

Nepgear, can I give you headpats?

It's the first time the series has ever received a notable budget is all.

Nepgear, let's make a softball playing mech together!

Noire, tease me!

is there no way to open up the map of entire dungeon in V2?

This is going to be fun, Gear.

Have it your way, Noire. Do you like being teased?

And is there something I'm not getting about parts break? The horse boss that uses it, I keep hitting it from the front but nothing happens

You can see if you're hitting breakable parts if there's yellow numbers on attacks.

Next thread: Zero Dimension ed?

I'm here and waiting for page 15.

This is the bigger version

I don't like the quality of that one, but I could use it. How about this one?

Also, be sure to post lots of Uzume. Now that I know more about her she's incredibly cute. Especially her true and HDD form
And very sad in a way, which I imagine will get even more sadder later in the game

Now that I compare them, this one is pretty bad too.

Last thread was zero dimension edition.

I want to spend a lot of time with Uzume and keep calling her cute and make sure she can depend on me so maybe she can go slowly go back to her original state with time

I forgot about that.

T-that's lots of warm melted pudding right?

An admirable goal, she's so cute in that state.

I'm having a difficult time against the 4 CPU battle in the Heart Dimension, just after learning Uzume's past, my highest level is 39. Am I just under leveled or am I doing something wrong?

Sure

Uzume should have had blue hair right at the very end.

Quick Question before the new thread:
When choosing a CPU to play as after finishing the MegaDimension storyline and starting HDN-G; does the choice stick, or do I get to choose one of the remaining 3 after I've finished one goddess' story?

You'll go through all the CPUs

Now that I look at sprites, V-II has come a long way since the OG HDN game…

Finally beat them after grinding to 41, and careful planning.

I just don't want to grind and auto-win on my first run through

Umio got a really weird soul patch

I chose Noire first for part 2 and I only just beat K-Sha in the Tower and I'm already level 35-ish O.o

does the exp requirement for levels grow a lot or am I just grinding more than people usually do?

Fucking hell I haven't had this feeling of dread for a while.

I finished all the CPU stories at level 30. You just grinded more than me. I purposely skipped a lot of EXP since I didn't want to make all the bosses push-overs.

Uni kept getting one-shot so I got pissed lol

…she still ended up dying a bunch and she's 3 levels behind Noire anyway.

I forgot that transforming was a thing, for some reason.

I just made Uni spam Defend while Noire deals the damage.

I'm not sure if I'm underlevel right now or at the recommended; but what I know is this feels like Etrian Odyssey with no Protector/Paladin, it's either you or the enemy that gets destroyed in the first few turns, or you survive those turns and just keep everyone by the inch of their lives.

NEW THREAD