Jet fighter dogfighting games

Looking for some new dogfighting games to play on my PC. They don't have to be particularly realistic but I'm not looking for some sci-fi shit either. I got Ace Combat Assault Horizon recently and its multiplayer is fucking barren. Battlefield 3 is nice but I hate getting shot down in the middle of a dogfight by some random faggot on the ground. Everything else just seems autistically realistic and I'm not willing to pay for DCS planes. I don't know if there's just not many jet dogfighting Sims out there or I'm just not looking in the right places. I'd prefer if it has multiplayer as singleplayer shit gets old fast.

bonus points if you can find a game that let's me customize/make my own fighter.

I'll dump flight highschool till I find something.

Other urls found in this thread:

useatoday.blogspot.com
zxstudio.org/blog/
drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B3EQDvufMNdeTUh4SE9WV0txa0E&usp=drive_web
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Damn am I seriously the only one interested in dogfighting sims?

all i know is ace combat but here's a bump for dumping, even if i don't get these jokes

I've thought about emulating some of those games. Does anyone know if they run well?

Yes, they do. Play 4, 5 and then Zero. Wait for AC3 Jap Version afterwards: useatoday.blogspot.com

You could even play Infinity if you have a PS3, but it's grindy and has an awful "fuel system" which basically restrict your maximum daily mission sorties.
AC6 is also a pretty okay title if you have a X360, shame it was abandoned before even releasing all the ACE difficulty missions.

By the way, dunno how active the Infinity community which used to have threads on 4chan /vg/ is nowadays, back then it was pretty tightly-knitted but i guess many of them are now waiting for AC7.

You're missing a rare Pixy, buddy.

People still play infinity, the base game is actually good, it's just that it has one of the worst F2P systems in place.

This is all for now I need to sleep. If this thread's still around tomorrow then I'll dump some more.

Thanks, buddy. Have some badly edited Pixy and Dreamy Pixy.

I agree. I'd be inclined to pick it up once again whenever they decide to give it the MGO treatment and just release all content and F2P limitations like the month before its closure.

I forgot about Assault Horizon Legacy for the 3DS, apparently it's also an okay game, but i don't have one to test it out.
Also that 4koma is pretty neat.

I thought about getting infinity, but now I might just wait for AC7. I was pretty disappointed that they didn't show it at E3, though I guess it might not be a big enough series for that.

Assault horizon seemed like 4, but you start on the opposite side of the map, and without a true story.

*Assault Horizon Legacy

I know fuck all about planes but I know enough to know how fucking hilarious this is. I love that there are niche manga for military aircraft, computer geeks, motorcycle enthusiasts, etc. but why the fuck does it always have to be cute girls? Is that one documentary where the guy says “we can’t make what we want to make” true?

Ayy good morning Holla Forums here's some more 4koma

Flight highschool is unfunny not well drawn garbage

It's great when you're an aerospace engineer like myself.

Except I am too and it's still unfunny not well drawn garbage

Well to each their own then. Can't stop me from posting my "garbage".

The worst part of this garbage is that tbe artist is so shit at drawing the only way they can make personified planes is to take generic moeshit designs and slap planes on their backs. Even Strike Bitches did plane personification better. The artist is so shit they have to fucking label the characters so people get the le ebin punchline.

Speaking of Ace Combat does anyone have an opinion on Sky Rogue? Besides the minimalist graphics approach it really does kind of remind me of AC but I haven't played it to confirm.

top pleb

Well that sure is lazy design.

Ever play Airfix Dogfighter? A bit old, and you've probably played it by now, but it's still pretty fun.

Planes are badass, but a machine cannot be a waifu

Qt grills on the other hand…

It seems interesting. I wish it played with actual jets but it plays pretty well.

The only one I know of is Vector Thrust. The gameplay is basically identical to Ace Combat. Unfortunately, it's pretty light on content. The campaign isn't even really finished, and what's there isn't exactly great anyway. It's supposed to have good modding tools and a powerful mission builder, but there aren't a lot of mods available, either. It also has the FPS drop much lower than I think it should when there's too much stuff going on. None of the planes have cockpits, either.

The game has a lot of potential, but it's not fulfilling it right now. Supposedly the devs are still working on it, but there hasn't been major progress recently.

You could try the RaidersSphere games. I don't know if they're translated aside from 4th which is on Steam, but they seem to be a better emulation of the Ace Combat style than Vector Thrust turned out to be. I don't know why there aren't more games like this with multiplayer.

Vector Thrust had so much potential, it's a shame it squandered it.

Yeah, I know. A moddable Ace Combat sounded like a dream come true.

Gripen a qt

Daily reminder that this exists
zxstudio.org/blog/

Just buy the Flaming Cliffs 3 pack for DCS. It goes for like 10 bucks in sales that they have frequently. Or you could buy the F-15 or one of the Sugois if you're into that russian shit for 10 bucks right now since you only care for dogfighting. There's also Warthunder if you want to deal with russian free to play balance extravaganza. Casual singleplayer there's Vector Thrust.

What is that exactly, a mission editor for Assault Horizon?

Pick one

Open source recreation, and the author managed to load ac4 5 and zero assets.

Ok.

How often does the guy post updates?

I'd play DCS a lot more if it wasn't for the paid mods system that they have. Like I get that these simulations take a lot more work than your average mod to make it as accurate as possible but my pockets aren't bottomless and some of these mods cost as much as a whole game. RIP vector thrust.

This sounds cool though. I hope this gets as much support as possible.>>9960890

Once or twice a month, but he's having some fast progress there.

So on a scale of 1 to 10, how open to modding would this be?

Is it just me, or is the F-5 one of the greatest and yet most underrated designs of all time. It was designed in the 50s and yet with the right engines its performance is on par with the F-16.

The F-5 is indeed a very nice design. Even when I saw Top Gun for the first time as a kid, I thought the "Mig-28s" looked cooler than the F-14s.

EVERY TIME UNTIL YOU LIKE IT

NO

Any good resources for dogfighting tactics?

drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B3EQDvufMNdeTUh4SE9WV0txa0E&usp=drive_web

This is perfect, thank you.

This seems like one of those retardedly realistic sims. I'd prefer to actually play the game without reading a F-16 flight manual first.