VTM:B Thread

Because we've been repeating ourselves for 12 years, why stop now?

Other urls found in this thread:

moddb.com/mods/vtmb-unofficial-patch
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

What did he mean by this?

I opened it first playthrough because I thought you guys were using some reverse psychology bullshit on me.

This is just a shit meme game perpetuated by the same hipsters who love Gone Homo. Just like Morrowshit, Deus Shit and System Shit. Thief is also an example of a shit mem game.

Give it up, Todd. We're not buying your shit games.

Gonna have to bait harder than that bitch

I really liked the voice acting. Especially LaCroix's, since it made me like him even though he's a gigantic faggot.

It shouldn't surprise me after so many times, but it still does

Bloodlines lewd thread?

Does any of you have the VtM comic-books ? I can't find them anywhere and I need more VtM

Reminder that the best ending is the one where you side with none of the idiots fighting over 1 city while bigger, more important stuff is happening in the V:TM world and who all use you.
Don't open it or you are as dumb as every faction leaders that matter

Only thing "good" about this game is that it accurately depicts the passive aggressive railroading of a WoD GM.

>Frenchman Belgian? named LaCroix

anarch ending is practically the same ending tho

Are we living the Final Nights, Holla Forums?

Fuck off gook.

Repeating is rape.

Find something similar out there. Anti Aliasing and ENB to take it up to spec.

Vampire the Masquerade: Redemption might be right, have to change it to seem more real away from parody. Should be involved in story graphics seemed right. Remasters may always be wrong. Do it right the first time.

Omikron might be ok too. Anything where there's more than represented. Things shown already left behind.

Thinking more "gothic" buildings, black with silver edges. Desaturate old games would help the seriousness of them. Dark enough the bright parts are all that stands out. Add difficulty, suppose the rest.

There'd be a lot of things critics couldn't find. Wrong eyes. Wouldn't see them if there was nothing else in sight.

Best go looking yourself and find what you are meant to, what you will value.

I'd like a themic game using the idTech6 engine, stay away from boundaries deciding content and make something that feels right.

A fitting form to accompany characters, self inserts presented as they are going. What designers think impressive to them. Nothing else. Conflict by things both desired fighting for more to their way, a greater world all aiding theirs.

Combat can be by confrontation. Dance, dialogue, swordplay, magic, projectiles. All made suit.

Win by being most impressive, world sure to reach new heights by your hands, in them, for them.

Also people raised by themselves, choosing for their own tastes and having their own stories. A variety, perhaps some politeness in allowing others their place, don't deny moments and don't build them. What is there has what is needed. A "good" option. Do everything you want to yourself.

Hello, fellow Malk.

The enemies of a lack of things clashing with things made to provide. Potentially costing being. A famine required for a fantasy. A hill to climb to the other side.

Thoughts, expectations immensity is out there on distant sides growing it for the other. Better to die and enter that world than to finalise it even if it is where you belong.

Ventrue

Why is VV a tranny?

LaCroix was THE shit. You know I'm right.

First playthrough as Ventrue, was good to talk my way out of things where possible. I'm still not sure which one to play for my next playthrough though. Any mods really worth the time?

Clan Quest Mod or whatever it's called.
Malkavian is the classic choice for a second playthrough. All the dialogue has been rewritten, incredibly entertaining.

I'm about to open the box guys.

Lacroix did nothing wrong

Also did burgermeister release Clan Quest 4.0 yet, or are there any new interesting mods?

I still don't understand how you were able to resist his mind control at the final confrontation
As far as I know a vampire of a lower generation should always be able to dominate a vampire of a higher generation.

Don't feel bad.
I think most everyone opened it on their first play through.
Hell a few of the endings (anarch and lone wolf) don't even give you a reasonable alternative to opening it.

Common theory is that Taxidriver/Caine lowered your generation before the confrontation. Other possibility would be that your character sees it as a suicidal order, and thus it fails, which would be funny if you opened it.
I always found it weird how in the Anarch ending you seem to be totally cool with LaCroix possibly drinking an Antediluvian.
I could see it in the lone wolf ending, but not for the Anarchs.

No.
The common theory it's that the end of the world is actually coming, which is why Lacroix's power shorted out in that istance.

I don't remember the whole jibba jabba, what I do remember is that the whole "Taxidriver is Caine" theory it's not really considered because it's retarded.

Meh, maybe I fell for the incessant MALKAVIAN LOLSORANDUMB STOP SIGN HAHA hyping, as well as the beach house TERRIFYING SCARIEST EVA shit. Malkavian was nothing special at all and beach house got me one single time when the first random object flies at you, nothing after that.

Maybe I'm a cynic.

You're right, I forgot about the Withering, but that Caine theory should be considered precisely because it's retarded and thus on the level of White Wolf's writing.
Personally, I prefer the "Taxidriver is some Malkavian who thinks he's Caine" theory, simply because it's funnier.

Splatbooks seem to be the source of the rot in White Wolf. The earlier editions were fine until you threw in all the after-market junk.

To be fair I suspect the vast, vast majority of us didn't play it on or even within a few years of release.

I played it at release, and pretty much never contribute anything of worth to these threads, so I'd say you're spot on.

Whenever I say I experienced no major bugs at release, no one believes me, BUT IT HAPPENED. I SWEAR TO GOD.

Not even the elevator? That was completely broken.

Have some Deb Of Night.

I played some unpatched torrent, I only ran into the boat bug and then the witch in the cellar was locked out of dialogue mid-quest at some point.

Well, I should say I didn't experience any bugs noteworthy enough to stop me from finishing and enjoying the game, no bugs significant enough to remember them later.

I'm sure there were minor things, but nothing that stood out.

Not just White Wolf, I'd say. I don't think I've ever seen a system/publisher where the majority of splatbooks aren't complete garbage. But oWod sure suffers quite a lot from it, what with the convoluted meta-plot and apparently nWoD is not much better when it comes to splatbooks.

Also played it at release and only encountered the boat bug. Kinda lucky, one of my friends couldn't play it for more than the tutorial until the patches started coming.

It's deeply possible. Just because a game is buggy as fuck it does not mean 100% of players will experience those bugs.

Hell STALKER's reputation as a terribly buggy game without mods is also somewhat inaccurate. True the release version had its issues but it wasn't unplayable. Patch 1.0005 fixes anything gamebreaking and leaves 90% of players with no proper issues. ZRP is merely recommended for peace of mind and that 10% who would lose out otherwise.

Also VTM:B's problems were more along the line of cut content and a rushed ending than instability.

taxi driver's lines are literally titled caine. no stupid fan theories required.

The issue is that conflicts with canon released later on where Caine is at that time (in a cave iirc). The offical retcon/excuse is that the cab driver is just a very old Malk that thinks he's Caine.

Even going by the dev's likely original intentions it'd still just be a fan theory that he was lowering the PC's generation. Similar theories about, say, Grout being the nigger sending you the chess emails are also reasonable but unconfirmed.

also if you look at his aura it's fucking batshit powerfull

Yeah, I know, which is why I brought it up. What was the reason of the change from Caine to Malkavian, anyway? Some novel or splatbook that needed Caine to be somewhere else at that exact time, right?

In the game files it was actually supposed to be Caine

White Wolf got their panties in a twist over it and changed it out of spite

Fucking update is too slow, now I look like even more of a retard than normal.

My memory is fuzzy on that, but doesn't he just have a normal vampiric aura? I don't remember it looking impressive or anything like that.

like being able to menstruate as a male in new world of darkness if you THINK you're a woman?

yeah no, you can't retroactively apply lore like that. taxi driver was caine at the time and if there's a break in the lore somewhere, it's the writer's fault.

also current white wolf is actually a ton of posers who paid out to act like they're the WW that's been there the whole time.

This was still oWoD fluff user. nWoD doesn't overwrite oWoD.

Some novel was released. I believe Beckett met Caine in the aforementioned cave.

I'm not sure if I'm autistic enough to read that even if I love the game. I haven't even read the novels for Republic Commando even though I couldn't save Sev

I bought it at release (Here's a pic of my box), even pre-ordered from Gamestop so I could get the shirt. Yeah, laugh.

I never experienced any bugs. My first trip was as a Brujah since I loved the class from my experience playing the previous Vampire CRPG, Redemption.

My 2nd trip after that was with a Gangrel, which was over-powered and my favorite of the bunch (sorry Malks)

There are a fair few books for the oWoD of varying quality. Obviously not all will have characters from VTMB (i.e. the game) but they're probably worth a read if you like the setting.

Do you still have the shirt?

I've actually never bothered trying Redemption. Is it worth picking up?

so you never got stuck in that pipe while climbing ventrue tower, or never loaded the autosave before the zygaena fight, or never loaded a save with the AUG out, or experienced any of the bugs that were patched out with the unofficial patch?

That's all pretty damn possible particularly is (as is likely) he build a melee Brujah.

The shirt is back in my room at my folk's house, in my old dresser. Have a bunch of game shirts there I never took with me when I left. No room in my apartment for that or a lot of my game stuff, sadly.

As for Redemption, I kinda liked it. People bitch about the modern era 2nd half of the game, but it never bothered me much. Last boss was my only gripe since you needed the boil blood spell or a few rockets to kill it and virtually nothing else would damage it. It's fun if you're into real time games like Baldur's Gate, but it isn't very sophisticated. I have'nt gone back to it since the time it was released and probably never will….so maybe the answer to your question is no.

Not that I can remember. Matter of fact, I never even bothered with the fan patch community that built up around the game until a few years back. I had more problems with Half-Life 2 stuttering back then, and that was the more developed game using that engine.

I like the setting as in, I like taking a moment to look around the 3d skyboxes, listening to rik's music, atmospheric stuff like that.

the lore stuff is cool and all but I wouldn't mind a similar game that lacks it (looking at project dogmat). I'd miss crazy malks more than anything but if the art direction is solid, then most of the battle is won.

give it a run with firearms, you'll feel more pain. the scope drift is unbearable with any firearms skill that's not near maximum. I had to max that skill just to get through the damn leopold caves.

however, during a melee run I found that the autoshotty could output higher DPS than any of my other weapons (during midgame. though for late game the flamethrower will wreck anything), even with no points in that skill.

I've tried to do a gun-only run, but melee is so damn fun in that game. Gangrel melee is hideously over-powered and extremely satisfying.

I recently reinstalled it on my laptop, so I might do that.

If it isn't terrible I'll probably give it a go. I do rather enjoy oWoD as a setting anyway.

That's more the asmosphere of the game. The actual setting (oWoD) is not unique to the game nor even to Vampires so it might not be 100% worth your time.

when I did that run, I actually wasn't planning on specializing in any combat skills. I set my malk up to seduce and talk her way through the game but I rather quickly found out that combat is forced. so yeah, if I can adopt firearms late, it's not so hard. give it a shot literally

also, install the plus patch. sewer skip password is "sesame". thank me later.

Posting the infographic for anyone who still hasn't played.

Without spoilers, the two low points of the gameplay are the Ocean House and the Sewers so just prepare for that part.

Is the Steam version bugged?
If so, what patch should i download?

Any tips for a beginner?

Don't open it

>giving money to the publisher who rushed the game and to the company that's jewed their way into owning the PC market
I usually hate piratefags but's it more justified in this case.

Wesps patch, choose to install the non-plus version.

Link for the patch is here: moddb.com/mods/vtmb-unofficial-patch

Also

At the beginning of the game you can skip most encounters with your social skills, but there are times where you MUST fight, don't neglect your fighting skills. If you do that you'll fail hard.The post just above you also gives a few tips, but it's pretty old and not enough imo. I think we should edit/improve it sometime

Which clan did you start as? They determine your gameplay most of the time

No

You need money and experience and shit though, I was pretty annoyed that I talked my way into buying the astrolite only to realize I didn't have the money to pay for it. I so badly want to see this game with either larger hubs or a complete city.

Is that mod that adds other clans to play as worth it? Looks like shit, but I'd be willing to replay the game just for the gameplay changes.

Which one? Final nights or antitribu? Both only have gameplay changes really, dialogue changes are so minimal it's not worth playing them for story

I've found it to be a good way to change your focus from social/hacking and such to fighting once getting to Hollywood.

Though obviously few skills to combat too before that but no need to go all 5points in melee or such shit, 2-3 will be enough.

this was honestly one of the best games I've played.

No shit, as the transformation was supposed to be a six blood point power in the source material, not five like in the game.

new game never ever

no one actually knows your sire's generation
LaCroix might know but he never mentions it
the VTM books mention that the bloodlines protag was 9th generation, which is pretty good

I'd make one myself if i could into vampire fiction

Sorry, I never knew about that.

Thanks mate

I haven't even downloaded it ,thanks to my PC not recognizing the ethernet cable.