Good indie vidya thread?

Good indie vidya thread?

Good indie vidya thread.

Other urls found in this thread:

zxstudio.org/blog/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

this thread is already off to an awful start.

fez

gone home

undertale

overwatch

depression quest

binding of isaac

What, can't think of a single good indie game?

No indie vidya is good as vidya is inherently shit.

There I just saved this thread from being irredeemably shit.

Op game is not good.
Valdis Shitsoup is not good.

Only BOI is not completely awful, try again.

Yeah right.

Have yet to play this but the premise of going around discovering new words so you can interact with NPCs sounds appealing

I take it you love undertale too?

No fuck that shit.

Well they're the fucking same - rpg maker garbage filled with memes and meta jokes without any coherent gameplay to speak of.

All of the games made by this man.

All of the games made by this man.

Original Spunky is pretty good.

I don't recall any memes in Shut Up and Jam! Gaiden whatsoever unless you count the Space Jam meme which came from this game but I don't think that makes it a "meme" game just because it spawned a meme (like Symphony of the Night for example). As for "meta jokes" the entire joke behind Shut Up and Jam! Gaiden is that it's played so completely straight and has a very coherent plot despite how ridiculous and absurd it is. Only thing I remember that counts as meta jokes is the truck pump rants and the death temple in hell (which is completely 100% optional by the way). Also the gameplay is very coherent and has a relatively good ratio especially when you consider it's only 5 hours long, there's a very good blend of gameplay and dialogue (unlike Undertale which has far too much dialogue.)

8/10, made me laugh.
Have a (you)

whats it called

Finding Teddy 2, here,

It's literally Zelda 2 without an overworld map and with actually good gameplay. Very easy to get stuck with a "well what the fuck do I do now" feeling though.

(checked)
I can tell, I already got 4 notes blocks and they're telling me to talk to giant, find a jewel and sing to a firefly

Also, sometimes I get different combo attacks out of nowhere what's up with that?

Good game, but the last act falls flat.

Pic related is better in every way. Both the game and Michael Jordan.

user please

I nominate The Void.

Fuck off

Get your dicks out ladies and gentlemen

Fun fact: I used to refer to Neon Chrome as roguelite Crimsonlands. Turns out it's the same dev and I never knew. Go figure

Also I have no idea how Dungeon Defenders 2 is like, if anyone's played that please share opinions. Also if anyone's played a game called Satellite Reign I'd like opinions on that too

Anyways

Also here's rebel galaxy, a pretty fun naval fighting game.

Yeah I'm serious, for whatever reason the game is locked to a plane so you can't actually go up or down, and you only get to use large ships like cruisers and destroyers but otherwise it's stupidly fun and the soundtrack is A+. Also you can do shit like bomb stations n shit if you feel like it.

Why is this thread dead all of a sudden?

There are good independent games but any game that calls itself an "indie game" is almost always pretentious shit.

What, you mean you don't like games by unchained pixel artist visionaries working on transcendence of the self via unfettered, ludonarrative dissonant, holistic gameplay experience?

So are this, Shovel Knight and Katawa Shoujo the only indie games since the decade started Holla Forums doesn't completely despise yet?

What about the best 4 players couch coop shmup?

FUCK YES!
Came here just to post Jamestown

What kind of faggot?

You forgot Risk of Rain, Deadbolt, and FTL.

What counts as an indie game anyway?
Does SkiFree count?

I think so but it's not a very good game. It's one of those games that belong in a museum. If you play it today you'll find it's shit.

I just got Valids Story. Seems fun so far.

Kenshi.

But its not indie.

it isnt? i was sure it was

Ice-pick Lodge is a company of like 15 Russians. So yeah, they are.

I just saved it to remember what some of the titles were. speaking of does anyone know what the third one down from the top left corner is?

It was made on a budget of nothing by a group of people all living together in a small two-bedroom apartment, it doesn't get more indie

Man, I made so many Knytt Stories levels, too bad that shit is deader than punk. Sorry to post again but I couldn't think of a better place to ask and don't want to create a thread:

I want a game that plays like an old 2D or 3D Zelda, but on PC. Exploration, dungeons, you know. What do I have to work with? I think I have already played all the Ys games on PC.

the guardian of paradise game on the info graphic I posted before should hit the spot.

have you played brandish or brain lord?

I wouldn't go that far.
It very limited. You wouldn't probably find yourself playing it for any long stretch of time, but that was equally true back in the day. But it certainly isn't BAD. I would say it's solidly OK.

Not only good by itself, but also one of the only games of it's entire genera that's actually good as well.

I'll find all three of those.

Crusader of Centy and Beyond Oasis are some Genesis Zelda-likes.

I've heard of Alunda as well.

A lot of people bring up darkstalkers but outside of the very beginning it's much closer to Devil May Cry than Zelda.

Arkham Asylum is the closest thing to a modern Zelda game we'll ever get.

I gonna guess it's Middens.

plebs, the lot of you.

Iji is in the list I posted earlier. It is a great game, and some of the most fun I've had in a long time. The non lethal run is fun as fuck, and once you learn how to reset your skill points it becomes a pretty fun little run at the end.

And that's the point where you pretty much revealed you don't know anything about what you're talking about. Go play the actual game before opening your mouth.

most games by arcen games and astro port

loved armed seven and the last horizon

also Aces Wild

If you have autism Factorio is good. You're on a planet and you want to leave, so you build a factory to build shit to build shit to build shit sometimes bugs attack you, sometimes you attack bugs, then you build shit that builds shit so you can learn to build more shit.

If you like building automated systems and then tearing them down to remake them better with new technology you'll probably like this.

my fucking nigger that game is the poopy scoopy of my whoopy

The weird thing is, indie devs have this tendency to slowly turn their otherwise decent games to shit. See Darkest Dungeon.

You mean darksiders?

Strike Suit Zero is a good choice if you like the idea of dog fighting in space. The controls are more comparable to the Rogue Squadron series than Ace Combat since, but it is a solid choice for dog fights, especially after the travesty that was Assault Horizon.

If you're an ace combat fan keep this in mind until it's completed.
zxstudio.org/blog/

Open source recreation of Assault Horizon, guy in charge managed to port in AC4 and AC5 assets

Thanks.

yea

Back to add something I've been playing lately, similar to Orcs Must Die, Fortified is a TPS/TD hybrid and I'm actually liking it a lot. It seems to be more difficult than OMD which is a great plus and you get some pretty cool gadgets and weapons and characters like a jetpack toting Amelia Earhart looking woman, it's pretty fun.

Also I really like whatever timeperoid of America the game is set in, what is it? The 50s? Any good games set in that time period?

this

Are Satellite Reign, Broforce, Dungeon Defenders 2, Furi and 20XX any good?

But I've got to warn you I've ran into a few bugs here and there and all the steam reviews give me the impression that either you like this game or you don't so I'm going to recommend you pirate this first. I pirate everything so I can't really judge if a game is good or not for what it's asking price.

Creeper World 3: Arc Eternal

I bet none of you faggots even heard of this gem.

I know that name, isn't it the game where you keep building towers and whatnot to push some grey goo behind so you can build more towers and whatnot?

Pretty much, yeah.

This one's on sale right now, I believe. Is it really good?

I never got around to King Arthur's Gold. Does it have a one player mode or is it only team?

For what purpose

for you

I'm disappointed in you guys.

the $$ version is pretty good too, i dont know if i would say its better, but its nice if you burnt out on the original and come back to it a year or two later. i dont usually mind when previously freeware games do that.
on that note i was more bothered than i should have been by them changing balrogs "huzzah!" into "oh yeah" in cave story.

one way heroics is what i came here to post though, its apparently getting some sort of crossover remake called mystery chronicle? i dont know much about it.
sexy fairies

Not true tbh, Varl always have higher strength and armour. Humies just get more abilities. Rook's a different case since he's meant to be the hero type.

i dont know if its the best entry in the series but its the one that got me hooked. one of the most fun strategy rpgs ive ever played. sometimes the rng can be stupid, but whatever.

Exile/Avernum 3 is easily Vogel's best game.

what did you like about 3? the aspect of timed events flared up my autism when i was younger and i didnt really give it much of a chance. maybe i could nowadays

too much buggy. if was more polish and with more maps maybe

Human Resource Machine
Gunpoint
Marlow Briggs
Paper's, Please
FTL
Dustforce
Cave Story
LISA
Spelunky
Both Hotline Miami games
Crypt of the NecroDancer
Crimson Clover
OFF
Space Funeral

That's all I can think of for now

Zombie shooter is better

Can you fuck it?

There is good narrative fiction but any that call themselves a "novel" is almost always pretentious shit.

heh

This

Crawl would be better if the AI wasn't retarded

That's how I felt when I was younger but the time aspect actually makes it more enjoyable to me these days because seeing how fast you can accomplish things is a big replayability draw. Now I wish all the games recorded your time.

I still feel like the original Exile had the most enjoyable world though. Exile II starts off too restrictive, while III's world just isn't as fun to explore for some reason. I've always wished someone would translate Escape from the Pit into the Blades of Exile engine to get around the rough points of its interface and mechanics.

A couple more

Deadbolt
Risk of Rain
Salt and Sanctuary
Shovel Knight

Shame the guy behind Aces Wild
has a hard on for Feminist Frequency.

Says who?

Varl are conventionally the better units. Their massive size and sliiightly less movement is essentially their one weakness. Not even a handful of human characters can compare to Mogr, Gunnulf, Hakon or Iver; essentially Rook and Eyvind are the only two.

I would guess liking FF and being anti-GG is the MO for most indie devs.

you have any proof?

No. I was also disappointed in that regard.