Surreal Games

I'm looking for some surreal games, games that have a sense of 'otherness'.
Games that make you think "Something is not quite right here."
They can be any genre, but they gotta be weeeiiirrrdd.

Other urls found in this thread:

coolcrack.com/2011/10/mysterious-stairs-in-woods.html
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Pathologic HD has been quite a rid so far.

Also The Void by them.

Furthermore, i personally recommend:

-Sacrifice
-Zeno Clash

Was The Void removed from steam?

Yeah, some problem with the license. It's still being sold on GOG.

Is Strange Journey a surreal game

Huh, didn't notice that when I grabbed it from google

I guess, imo it goes too far into sci fi to be surreal though.
The thing about "surrealism" is that its a large spectrum.

What's the story behind the stairs in the woods?

I dunno man, I was actually looking for a different image and that was the closest I could find

coolcrack.com/2011/10/mysterious-stairs-in-woods.html

Reminder that Picasso is a talentless hack that couldn't into aesthetics and proper anatomy

nigga please

What does that have to do with this thread?

What is The Sword and Trail Of Blood

I just felt like saying it

sure, buddy
I believe you

I'm going to second Ico. Shadow of the Colossus as well.

Oddworld.

Also, what's the story behind the third pic in OP?

see:

Yume Nikki is obligatory

Before I forget.

Why live

Any word on how the full remake is coming along?

I want to give Pathologic a shot, but I feel I ought to wait for the full remake assuming Ice-Pick doesn't fuck it up.

Alice, both American Mgcee's and Madness returns, especially the "real-life" parts of Returns were neat.

Remake is not a straight remake. Its going to have changes it seems like both will be worth playing.

I guess most of you already know the works of Zdzislaw Beksinski if you don't know him, just leave this thread right now and start looking at his work faggot and I discovered another artist called Dino Valls who make amazing things too, it's not really comparable, but I got the same kind of feeling when I look at his paintings, kind of off-topic but whatever, I wanted to share this and thought that maybe some of you could be interested.

Darkseed and IHNMAIMS might be too openly disturbing to work, but they might fit the bill.

The Silent Hill trilogy also features a lot of well-studied surrealist imagery. SH2 especially heavy on the surreal, SH3 especially heavy on the grotesque.

No point in waiting, Classic HD is as accessible as the original is going to get.

Dropped.

Seconding this.

Turn up the fucking volume, it's called panning, you can still hear them if you're not watching the stage.

Try out Kanoguti games.

I was using headphones. Its called shitty sound design.

I suggest Leonora Carrington

Then turn up the fucking volume.

Off by Mortis Ghost

Thanks user

Objectively the most atmospheric video games ever made

Prove me wrong

Pretty sure all the references to child abuse and child prostitution wouldn't get through censorship today.
Sweet game.

Franbow for SURE. Pretty creepy and surrealist game. I am enjoying it a lot.

Surreal? I'm not sure if I'd call it that. Still a god-tier game, though.

Maybe you will find Gyossait to your liking

This other thread has quite a list going:

Plok was a bizarre and super memorable game for the SNES. The gameplay still holds up today, even though it's ass-rapingly hard at times.

Most remembered for its insane prog rock soundtrack that pretty much turned the console's sound chip into a miracle machine.

There are two new bizarre and surreal games coming on, mostly about body horror and disturbing fleshcraft.

Man this one is weird.

Gravity Rush had a lot of weird stuff going on.

i hope this helps you

It must suck being so ignorant yet thinking you actually know something.

Darkseed 1 & 2

Samples of him.

Can I play Madness Returns without playing the first?

I bought MR in a steam sale years ago and haven't gotten around to playing it yet.

A game today with those references certainly wouldn't have an easy time getting through without criticisms from SJWs and soccer moms.

This game gave me more of a steampunk feeling. The closest you get to surreal in GR is when you go to that other world or when you talk to the couple only you can see.

The Void.
There is pretty much nothing like it. Brothers believing that this dying world is their heaven since they ascended from a nightmare, Sisters believing this place is hell and they must accend. Shit is beautiful in a weird way.
Really, everything by Ice Pick Lodge fits, including Knock-Knock.

I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream is a beautifully surrealist game. Melds cyberpunk aesthetic and nightmarish planescapes perfectly.