I have heard much hubbub of Morrowind and how its one of the best RPGs ever made and the only good TES but does it run...

I have heard much hubbub of Morrowind and how its one of the best RPGs ever made and the only good TES but does it run on Windows 7 well.

Wrong image

Morrowind kind of sucks ass

Morrowind general too.

Download OpenMW, it runs better and looks nicer than the original engine. It takes 30 seconds to torrent the game and try it anyway, I don't know why you even need to ask.

Use OpenMW and a real operating system

Yes, it runs on anything at 120 fps vanilla.
Go play it,and possibly follow a wiki for the skills to pick before you come back complaining you couldn't hit that mudcrab.

I played it vanilla on Windows 7 and it worked fine, but you'll have to bear in mind that I played it through steam.

I like big box copies and this one is cheap and nice condition with the expansions but what advantages does OpenMW have over the official version of the game Morrowind. I also do not know how to dual-boot my friend.

Ran fine off the disc for me.

Just don't install it into Program Files(x86)

OpenMW updates the engine significantly, if you like load times go ahead and play vanilla.

Does OpenMW speed them up or does it change them to be less frequent or done in background or something? Seamless Morrowind would be fucking dank.

all the babby linux OSs like mint and ubuntu make installing a dual boot easier than installing a normal copy of michealsoft wangblows.

Anyways OpenMW has much more consistent performance on modern systems (makes use of multiple cores), less bugs, way smarter usage of loading (lots of intelligent preloading), and it allows for a lot more functionality from mods. Meaning that once OpenCS becomes functional enough people will be able to do shit like overhaul the godawful combat with custom animations, animated hitboxes with detection that isn't basic bounding box shit, and remove accuracy and the ability to miss.

They aren't always done in the background but in general that is the case, if you're in a town it will load nearby interior cells. Since I had last played they were talking about implementing loading between cells connected to fast travel places like the silt striders being preloading every place that it can take you. It's pretty trivial to merge interior cells with the exterior ones even in Gamebryo so I wouldn't be surprised if you see a mod that just makes the game completely seamless. I mean you can fit the whole damn thing on a normal computer's ram because the game is so old.

Noice, I'll go with OpenMW next time I get in the mood for some Morrowind.

Are the expansion packs included or to be included in this version of the game. Also I see the hate for Todd Howard but was he ever good, I saw him shilling Xbox from 2003 in a magazine but someone like him is some nasty manlet so I doubt it.

Fuck off gook.

I heard OpenMW has a bug with colliding meshes that can make the fps tank. How bad is this problem?

I run it on fucking laptop with Linux via WINE, m8, you can get it to run on your machine.

For OP & anyone else thinking of diving into MW for the first time:

-If you don't know what weapon to take, consider Long Blade or Short Blade. Both have the best variety of weapons available and many of the best enchanted weapons are one of those. Enchanted weapons are probably what you're going to be using, except when you run into enemies that have Reflect. There are some good enchanted axes, spears, clubs, but you have to go a good ways into the game to find them.

-As far as armor, pick Light Armor or Heavy. Medium isn't really worth it; weighs more than Light, less defense than Heavy. Light is worth it, especially early on, because you can devote more space to your loot. Later in the game, when your Strength is higher and you're more picky about what loot you get, you can delve into Heavy.

-Get the Divine & Almsivi Intervention spells ASAP. Also Mark & Recall. They'll save a lot of time, save your ass and make hauling heavy stuff out of dungeons a lot less tedious.

I never once encountered it, and I recently dropped over 20 hours in it. They put out new releases fairly frequently, I'd bet it has been fixed by now.

Even Skyrim is better