What happened to these threads? Why is this game dead?

What happened to these threads? Why is this game dead?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=z3sygqmU0yY
twitter.com/AnonBabble

this happen

Because instead of bringing back the good ol' days of tf2 before mannconomy they decided to make their own retarded version of tf2

We didn't do enough le epic mic spam like the cool guys we are.

Probably can't do that due to legal reasons.
Besides, there's no cosmetics mods and vanilla servers, play those if you don't like what TF2 is now.

???

Being a exact pre-update clone of TF2 could cause legal issues.

Such as?

Because instead than promoting the game and making it TF2 minus the bullshit they decided to turn it into a clusterfuck of stuff that doesn't make sense like the Deathmatch and that upcoming TTT like gamemode

Dude, I'm not a lawyer, I just said that it MIGHT cause legal issues.

If you're not a lawyer stop talking out of yer arse.

I know an ex-dev, he keeps citing mismanagement and great incompetence from the team

People were clamoring for this type of the stuff in the earlier threads, though.

Sorry I guess.

Yeah, walk away.

That could have been cool.

I think the real problem was that while the appeal was bascailly "TF2 minus the bullshit" as you said, they still added a bunch of shitty weapons. Development seemed really really slow too and they would have kept a lot more interest if they were faster with updates. The deathmatch mode seemed unfinished as well. The Jason Grant shit was great but it just couldn't keep up the interest to what is basically a game that's already several years old.

Devs stopped caring. It probably would pop-back to life if they fucking update the game.

It died because valve just want to make money and they dont update it and dont pay attenion to the lore and the art style…..and backstory is key …. it creates atomosphere..weapons where too kift anyhow.

Valve doesn't develop Team Fortress 2 Classic.

Pretty much this. There was a server crashing bug that allowed you to build multiple sentries and eventually crash it with no survivors because the software doesn't know how to deal with an unknown entity on top of the one that crashes your client if you see any building destroyed because the devs were retarded to use the high poly models without raising the poly count.

Two sides of the story user

Story 1:

Story 2:

tl;dr - The Devs stopped caring and Alpha was posting on erp boards

Valve's already said they don't give a shit what TF2C does. They're fine in their book.

The fact that he's a flaming underage homo has been well known for a while.

Devs still care, but are still as low as they've always been

And pretty much that, they wanted to relive the good old TF2 with Beta / Trailer content thrown in and then they started adding all the unique shit on top of it

That sounds about right, I know Alpha would practically fucking stalk anybody who came in looking for a reason to ban newcomers and if he couldn't find anything he'd wait for the slightest slip-up. To this day you have people defending it as maintaining the server's purity but it also meant there was never new blood and thus potential new content creators so everyone could play things that weren't Wacky Races/Balloon Race or that Moonman map.

Top that with the game itself being an unfinished shitpile actively retreating from the premise of both the original game and TF2C's stated purpose.

Alphablaster posts on Reddit.

Frequently.

From an outsider looking in, I just saw a lot of autism concentrate with the Alphablaster guy seeming way too ban happy and generally retarded. I just want to play video games, not deal with someone stalking me for a reason to ban me.

The devs never updated the game

When they did they never made an auto updater

They added stupid shit that was never in the original

The community was small in the first place

I miss Gr8stalin's servers. He seemed to have a better handle on the whole "let's not ban every person for retarded reasons" thing.

Do one of you fags still have the link presentation he gave on how the holocaust didn't happen?

Remove Linkfucker

rip security officer henchman secret agent scientist janitor and whoever was planned

I hated Alpha from the start. He was a bigger faggot than half the people he banned. One look at his profile would've made it clear.
Like said, Stalin was a lot more reasonable on how to run a server. This included having a stable server in the first place, not playing shitty maps 24/7 and keeping micspam at an acceptable level.

Daniel gave dev lead to the brony tranny from what I've heard. I don't expect them to make much progress.

The servers are still active, we got around 15 people last time.
Also, the mod team said we'd be getting an update this month. About Alpha, he's more lax now since we're the only server that's always on. At most half the server leaves when we play moonman or concentrate.
We'll never reach the same amount of people that joined for the Friday Game Night, but at least we aren't like the SS13 server.
I really need to finish my map.

I just wish the mod team would just stick fixing the game first, add the scrapped grenades from the Beta, and stop wasting time on their TTT-ripoff gamemode.

I could always host my own server, but whenever I tried to make one for Sven Co-op, everyone would have 80+ ping. It would probably only be worse for TF2C.

I am friends with AlphaBlaster.
He's a circus monkey.
That is all.

Pretty much this. Though I will add that if there wasn't really a significant number of bans from here - otherwise they could have easily filled another server. However, that doesn't excuse Alpha from being an obnoxious faggot.

It seems like everyone is a fucking tranny these days.

Pretty much this.
how do I remove the game

Europoor was best server hands down, and cocainedm was actually decent

If you decide to ban everyone that isn't ideologically pure like you; guess what, the community slowly dies.

I'm sure it will be worth micspamming le epic moonman theme on an empty server.

Chan started anything always fails for the same reason.

can't even open the server browser. they better fix that shit.

Maybe if the server owners stopped being fucking retarded for banning people because of an avatar from a game they don't like or some shit. I asked if I would get banned with a Pokemon avatar and everyone said yes. I didn't waste my fucking time, and I knew at the start the game would die because of this cancer of judging books by their cover. Looks like I was right.
Maybe we can play sometime when a server owner who doesn't ban anyone who doesn't jerk off to Toon Link all day comes around.

Alphablaster is literally underaged B& and posts regularly on /erp/

faggots gonna faggot

I don't know why I'm surprised at this point

We split up on different servers and the memes started getting stale. It was fun, though. It never replaced the hole Finland Fuckhouse left in my heart, though.

The face of our dead god

it's the loudest shit stains that typically have something to hide themselves

surprisingly the Holla Forums run DarkRP servers on Gmod were actually better than the TF2C shit

7chan had a server years ago might still have it, when I first joined I knew it was cancer. Mic spam is surefire way to know a server is cancer. If people wanted to listen to your shit music, they'd open a media player there are server plugins for that and if people wanted a "fun" server they'd play gmod. That last bit is what the server devolved into last I checked, I.E. nobody actually played the game anymore.

The music is always some anime shit or whatever is the new memesong.

I stopped going to 7chan because, like here, it's full of faggots who think they are better than halfchanners when, actually, they are just a different kind of cancer. At least infinity has traffic.

That ended up being someone else with a similar name, it wasn't actually him.

He's given up posting completely on Holla Forums and now goes to reddit to advertise his server since there's an active playerbase there for the game.

That fat cheating tranny fuck iibo banned Alpha from the mod because he wouldn't call it a her.

ye

Some other juicy shit:

The developers are working on a new set of commands that allow them to build homing rockets and other dumb fuck aimbot tier shit.
Sandvich is coming back, as well as some dumb and useless flamethrower
VIP mode is being added, while balancing of new weapons is still nonexistant and no medic shotgun
Expect the next big update for the game sometime later this month or early August.
Despite thanking Alphablaster for hosting while at the same time banning him because of my feelings, the devs are threatening to commit suicide if the game were to become dead again.
The old lead dev of TF2C is an albino lolcow who threatened to kill himself if his girlfriend left him.

I'm not Alpha, but I'm also another server owner in TF2C.

The Europoor server guy hasn't been very interested in TF2C since December when the game died out heavily, he's been off playing other games. I still have him but I never talk much to him.

they added a shitty dm gamemode instead of working on 4-team or any of the beta content that was scraped in the orignal game

Im not the same guy as this, but some other juicy shit as well

he wanted the impossible

Maybe he shouldn't have run a server that banned 90% of us.

POST YFW YOU ARENT ALPHYSBLASTER

What an absolutely collossal faggot.
Why would anyone want to be liked here and on Holla Forums of all god damn places? We're a bunch of backstabbing retards who'll scream like a bunch of howler monkeys if things don't go our way.

would it make any difference if someone else hosted

You have to be fucking retarded to want this. Both boards will turn on you at the drop of a hat if you fuck up once.

When will people learn you should never do this shit. Especially if you're working on something for them, keep shit to yourself.

That was fucking amazing

Alpha is still a faggot, I never bothered to play with you faggots simply because of the homoerotic overtones that radiated from him were so immense

Had fun with the DarkRP guys on Gmod though, they tried hard to actually balance that shitty mode by doing shit like making mob boss the only job capable of printing money which forced people looking for EZ money to either commit crimes or buy one from him

last I checked a lot of the core guys are now doing griefing shit, which is cool

Story behind this, during undertale becoming a stale flavor before faggots ruined it. Alphablaster messaged that he needed help with undertale a lot.

Wasn't it? Have some OC.

banning shit people i have zero problems with, it was the shit devs with 40+ people that constantly fought. They didn't get anything done and rarely updated the game despite some game breaking bugs. Hell they even have a WRITER for a small mod. Half the dev team worked on a TTT clone instead of fixing the game

they are mentally retarded, they kick Alpha who was essentially the only reason the game was still alive just because he didn't call Ibo his preferred pronoun the main dev is a tranny. And others who threaten to kill themselfs if the mod doesn't succeed which i hope to god it doesn't just for the chance they might. but they are likely just attention whoring. It was dead from the start. like says

who cares, he wanted to show people what he believed is right. Why is that bad? Especially in one of the most liberal states that is pretty ballsy.

Stalin was good for stability but was no fun allowed.

i personally liked xperience servers

it is likely because Holla Forums is garbage, I would leave myself but its still better than most places and I still haven't given up hope.

xperience is that you?

Yes and no. I am XPerience and so
and are mine but and aren't mine and are likely Alphablaster's other, less reliable friend. That's why you don't make close friends with someone who only shitposts all the time.

How to be liked by Holla Forums:

pretty straight forward tbh but personally i don't care for jap games, dont forget on not being a sperg

This. Even if Holla Forums likes you, you don't earn much of anything unlike other places. There's no donations or anything like that and you have to keep on a fine line so that you're not constantly ridiculed. I've done backup hosting for Alphablaster and JoJo and it's better to be the obscure one everyone forgets about all the time than the one everyone shitposts about.

nvm fixed it ;)
the problem was on my end somehow

He also posts in /cuteboys/

The 4chan party van server lasted for a pretty damn long time
youtube.com/watch?v=z3sygqmU0yY

What's with these people always being mentally unstable?

I feel like I could do a better job, but where would I start? How did these people actually get their hands on team fortress 2 source code? or is there some other techniques? If it helps I do already have a orange box cd.

Is there any context for that pic?

Just curious, because i do watch gaijin goomba from time to time

I'm not sure, but it's almost like the people who want attention the most are also mentally unstable and only socialize through the internet.

Hosting, or modding TF2 to make TF2C?

It's code from one of the earlier TF2 versions that was then just ported over to a version of 2013 Source and is being forked by them. Problem is that the TF2C team is either working on shit nobody wants, shit nobody cares about or both.

You must be 18 or older to post here

Plus Alpha is a Calicuck homo with shitty net or downloads /cuteboys/ while hosting in a shitty machine, dude was the usual Holla Forums reject, everything that could go wrong aside from the purges.
Stalin was a bit soft, he was the closest of a perfect host in general and wasnt a fag that wasted time with trivial shit, his server was excellent and reliable.
Now it makes sense why Sven Coop anons are "likeable" in general, plus the user remastering Ivan Coop dont compromise himself while delivering some good stuff.
Its time for someone to make TF2C great again.

Fuck, i hate how most of this teams tends to spiral into this same issue. Its the dumbest thing you can do, plus they tend to look the community as a bunch of peasant that only serve to like their balls instead of giving feedback.

There's some other server anons that operate under Alpha's flag, thing is that Alpha is pretty entrenched in TF2C and this works as a double edged sword when it comes to organizing.

Yep. That's what happens on Fagpouch, it's just circlejerking worse than Leddit. Nothing is done and time is spent on pointless shit like how the next TF2C update is adding homing rockets.

bump

OH MY GOD
THE MADMEN AT VALVE ACTUALLY DID IT
THEY PUT THE "IT'S NOT UNUSUAL" DANCE IN TEAM FORTRESS 2

Time to reinstall?

He modded me and took it away after people wanted me to change up the friction and gravity for fun one time on one map

I would serverfag for TF2:C, but I'm currently hosting the Garry's Mod servers (which I have no idea what I'm going to do with) and too many people were driven away by Alpha's trigger-happy banhammer.

It was always dead and ended up being falsed advertisement

Its kind of impressed how bad it was

Isn't that the same dance Scout was doing in Expiration Date anyways when left to his own devices?

Popular dance at the time of the late 60s, if I remember right.

Are the gmod servers still active? address pls

What a fucking embarrassment.

I could actually reliably host as well, but it would probably only be for between morning-early afternoon EST, and most likely not daily. I'm not sure if there's enough interest to warrant that, nor do I know if the game will continue to get shit updates.

Keep with the ones you like, it's less fatiguing. I'm going to be hosting either Exterminatus or Battlegrounds 2 sometime this month hopefully just because I want to.

For TF2C? I pretty much guarantee shit updates. TF2 might be alright to host for now with the Make TF2 Great Again update.

Hosting TF2 would just attract even more redditors, furfags, and other "undesirables". Plus the base game isn't really any better than TF2C aside from less bugs, on top of being significantly smaller and running better too (which is a huge plus for the machine I'll be hosting on).

It hurts

TF2C is the gift that keeps on giving

ive always wanted to host a Holla Forums server just to play with other people and use non default maps

Yet every Holla Forums server i join is nothing but sperging and micspam, why cant people just play vidya together?

That's what you get for playing shit games, you attract shitters. Every time i've played Joint ops with Holla Forums no one is autsitc

I know that, but why is it so hard to just start a server, put some server addons on for better control and usage, throw some custom maps on and just have fun?

every Holla Forums server ive been on (other then JO) its the same shit.

Everytime I played any Holla Forums servers this shit map would constantly be voted for. It is a fucking horribad slog and a great example that 99% of the community cannot fucking map worth shit.

IIRC it was made by that one duder who made flash animations for 4chan in like 2004.

at least it wasnt one of the old hidden CP maps that used to get uploaded back in the day

It really is. We're one leaked Alphablaster ERP log away from reaching critical assblastery.

what? explain who is alphysblaster
and why do i care about his sexy tf2c civilianxmerc ERP?

That's life I guess.

(You)

bump

Alphyblaster is basically a literal /cuteboys/ user who is also a naziboo, not a Holla Forumsack, a literal "I can't play Wolfenstein games because I have to shoot nazis" naziboo, which is quite ironic seeing as how he is a literal fag, and so he projects his insecurities onto others calling them degenerates and kicking them, so maybe some day daddy Hitler will not gas him for being a homosexual. Also he is paranoid that you guys might dox him.

Tenma is currently working on a game similar to GTA 1 and 2 from scratch (C++ and SDL), and his progress on it is amazing (easy map making, 128+ sprites without lagging, graphics similar to Retro City Rampage, huge framerate with even a shitty Intel GMA, etc). He also tried hosting Goldeneye: Source together with TF2C, but different Source SDKs (2007 vs 2013) made it impossible.

Video is a bit laggy because his current computer isn't a big deal.

kikes from the /agdg/ thread called him a fag and an idea guy before starting coding

what a homo

I had loads of fun today, you guys should come around more often

so i talked to alpha about it and he said that most of them were furries/bronies. most of the furries/bronies he banned don't even browse IBs, so most of the people ITTs are banned because they went out and said "ANOTHER ONE ADDED TO THE MUTELIST MMHMM", which i don't think alpha should really be banning for.
i told him to chill it with the banhammer and maybe unban a few people, be a bit more lax on the rules.
i too don't like the micspam most of the time. it's either repeated phrases or noises, or high pitched sounds to annoy people. not even music is played half the time.
anyways, hopefully alpha unbans the lot of you and is a bit more lax on the rules. i can't change much as i don't have admin anymore, so i'm just trying to be as transparent as possible with this.

type "connect 173.32.112.178" in your console (press ~)
it's set up as darkrp atm, i was just trying to iron out some bugs in my config. i'll get it up as sandbox tomorrow.

try to find an old shitty pc and throw some ganoo leenocks on there. getting steamcmd set up and everything isn't too hard as long as you follow the guide and troubleshoot everything correctly.

i'll see what i can do. if the demand here is high enough, i'll start hosting a tf2:c server in place of the garry's mod server.

hi alpha, read my post

also read this. i'm not going to judge you for what you do outside of the serverfag circle, but if you want to improve your public image (which is pretty shit atm, no offense) take some steps by looking at these posts. trump posting was funny for a bit, but now it's getting a bit old.

Holla Forums bans users for doxing, so if his dox gets posted on here chances are it's not going to go far.

I really like that knuckle
May I save it?

ow ow my eyes ow tiles ow

Alpha you were trying to get sonic erp off /erp/

just admit it mate.

bump

They're just template textures from Half-Life 1 (even then, the pallete could be better). I was trying to work on a map for him, but GIMP is a pain in the ass to work with

Have some more.

Check 'em

Someone please set up a server and ban alpha plus all of his close friends

dick sucking lips

bump

I played with Holla Forums for the Payday 2 thing when the microtransactions were going on. Had fun, it was good.
There has been a small attempt to bring it back in the Payday threads, so far the people there are alright.

Is this dude like 16 or something? I seriously hate the Justin Bieber cut all these kids go for.

Maybe in a few weeks ill try make a normal TF2 server for us just to play on and not like Alphas shit server.

I think it works best when it's a small group.

i'm not alpha, i'm 2dolla (gmod serverfag)
i don't have any knowledge of his /erp/ escapades, but if it's all true it's fucked up.
alpha and i aren't really the closest of friends, we were server fags that shot the shit every now and then and we played on each other's servers.

iirc he's still in high school, but idk.

Eh, could try both, maybe an official(lol) server Mark could put up top or something?

don't do that

Yeah i know m8.

i know what you're trying to get at, though. no hard feelings. but right now, tf2c is too stigmatized because of alpha's actions. if you look at every tf2c thread made in the past 2 months or so, 99% of the posts are about alphablaster and how he ruined the game for everyone. if that doesn't spell a dead game, it's the lack of players on his (see; the only) server and constant game updates that remove things while adding shitty ones.
tl;dr, making a tf2c server wouldn't bring fruit.

I was thinking of normal TF2 since C seems to be nothing but fuck ups at the moment

Probably should have said that earlier.

jesus christ the autism, just don't b urself

hey fuck you for making fun of big lipped bethren

Bump

8ch TF2 server?

No.

so what's the lesson to be learned from making steam groups here
I mean, are there ones from Holla Forums that didn't self-destruct from itself

I don't know how they were so salty about alpha banning furfags, it's not like anyone decent was banned. People act like it was only micspam, but we had good enough matches, and most of the levels weren't memes at all, as the swastika map was actually fun to play.
The only meme level I remember was the 4chan one, which we barely played on.
Don't blame alphysblaster for the death of TF2C, blame the fact that a servercrashing bug was left up for fucking months, and the game was also buggy as shit, the custom weapons were shit, and the fact that there was only 1-2 servers worth playing on at a time.

Suddenly this game is more relevant than ever.