reddit.com/r/CrackStatus/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

bump
archive.is/eKqvy

This isn't exactly news.

I will only care when a game worth playing gets cracked

What website does this?

I don't really care.
All the games that use Denuvo don't really interest me. Shit games only use Denuvo

Same sites that says you can register through your twitter, google and facebook accounts. I guess its less of a hassle to store the information but I'm not a expert on how true that is.

So, they haven't cracked anything, yet?

total war warhammer is bretty gud. The only bad things i hear about it are on Holla Forums because of it's shitty business practices but if you pirate it than that downside goes away.

but you can post smug anime pictures for that piracy is over shill fag

I dont play strategy games nor am i into warhammer.

Warhammer is ok
MGSV
But why I even say those, you will probably just memearrow and pretend they are shit anyway
how's the grape?

Shill spotted.
It doesn't matter if Denuvo games are shit. It's a good move against devs that only want your shekels.

Of course is a huge hit against those devs but would anyone here actually want to play them?

I have no interest in either

Kill yourself any time bud.

MGSV was a huge fucking disapointment,
not interested.

Warhammer i actualy bought and its pretty good.

I'm going to assume you haven't played it since you'd have to buy it. You're one of those Holla Forums faggots who hate a game because a hivemind says it needs to be hated.

Once Denuvo gets defeated, publishers won't have any other options of protection. Denuvo is the nuclear option of antipiracy. It fails, the concept of "protection" goes with it.

It is though, they fixed what was wrong with the engine after the Rome 2 shitshow.

Understand that this also makes dev stop using Denuvo in future games.

True. But if denuvo gets destroyed, whats stopping devs from going scorched earth and making always online games?

Don't they already do that?

Their wallets. Always online requires server backends, and even then pirates can emulate that with a little trickery just like with sim city.

With some games I mean*

Then there's going to be a huge backslash like that time with SimCity.

It isn't like that SimCity is worth playing anyway.
It isn't like Always Online are hard to patch either.

There was simcity. I cant really think of anything else recent.

*Always Online games

I need to sleep

Here is an evil idea. The devs release a pirate version on he torrent sites, but when you get to a certain point in the game, it formats your hard drive.

I think Squeenix latest releases require a online connection every time you start the game.

The backlash where 2,000,000 people bought it anyway?

What is it with Denuvo and autists obsessing over it?

They used to do some shit like that back in the day. I think it was earthbound or something that erased your file near the end game if you got an illegal copy.

It was called Starforce and it happened with games you purchased

That would end up in a million of losses for suing the company that does that.

But hey, it wasnt them ;)

That's a pretty good idea. Publishers like EA should start doing it, mostly because this is willful destruction of property and they'd get their asses reamed in court for attempting it.

Isn't that some form of entrapment?

Piratefags feel entitled to every single game for free, even if they call it/it actually is shit

Its more like they dont want to support bad buisness practices even is the game is ok.

For fucks sake that would be only a possibility. What if someone finds a way to abuse of that "feature" and manages to format your hard drive even if you bought that game?

It's called Starforce.

Fair enough then. Others game I can agree are really shit

Was still the best game that came out in recent year even if unfinished. Plus remember the fact of being repetitive was due to the cut final part and being patched up again. The glitches part you honestly are the first user that says so, everyone instead prised the performance

Yep, Earthbound does that. It also makes the game exceedingly difficult

That doesn't answer my question though.

You have pro-Denuvo autists and anti-Denuvo autists but for some reason both are Linux-level retarded about it.

Naaa they are just nigger. It could be the best game ever made flawless and they will still find a reason not to give money or "pay for an infinite resource" or any other dumb reason

Yet you're in this thread.

Entitled? Games journalists, is that you?

Autistic for discussing piracy.

Jesus fucking christ, Holla Forums.

I don't think, and don't quote me on this, that's possible. You just need an input code like mount& blade have with his demo(that if didn't read the code, it stops at lv7) same things, if it reads the code nothing happen, if there isn't POOF piratefag is screwed

If NISA localised a game reallya well, with no unneeded changes and everthing in tact, but the game they localised after that was on a level of FE fates, would it be ok to give money to them for the good one?

holy shit the denial is real. it wasnt just a disapointment, it was a downright bad game. the stealth gameplay was borderline broken and the story was worse than the average transformer movie.

thats like saying gothic 3 was shit because they ran out of money. its an irrelevant statement that does nothing to make the game any less shit.

no, the performance was great, that not what i said. im talking about the AI fucking up over and over again, walking right past you when they should see you for example. I guess thats because making good AI in an open world is pretty fucking hard, but i dont even understand why the game was open world to begin with. It gains nothing from it.

>>>/reddit/
your hugbox awaits.

Well, it isn't like that protection is safe from failing anyway.

archive.is/4qbbi

Why are you in this thread then, Autist?

Alternativly, why dont devs make an offical demo they put out to pirate sites?

There is never a scenario where it is okay to give NISA money.

erasing the save file would be alright
erasing the harddrive would definitely get someone angry and that someone would be the nephew of China's hacking division boss

Unrelated to Denuvo but its reminding me of people who decide to put their mods behind the Steam Workshop and never bother to put in alternative links because "Grr, I don't want to cater to pirates!" even though in the event that Steam were to go down, it would probably be Megaupload all over again.

Audacity of these insecure niggers

So you tell yourself.

Yes beacuse they have made one good, therefor they deserve that money for the work done.
Think about CK2 as an example
Paradox deserve the money ONLY for the base game, all the DLC 260€ have the full right of being piratated

The story was a mash between mgs2 and 4 so wasn't really that different. And, you know that's like your opinion.
The fact that they run out of money or they cut out shit actually matter, if a company create something worth 100% for 20 times but at the last 5 things they run out of resource and have to make them 60% is a fucking huge point of reasoning
Again, you are the first one that's saying the AI was bad, wasn't good as in MGS3 but wasn't terrible like in mg2

Nigger, I shit you not for a game which I forgot I went on the forums and asked about where the mod folder was to install it and got assaulted by 5 faggots about not buying the game before getting banned by the mod creater with a 20 word ban message about how I was the worst person to ever live basically, because I haven't bought the game.

NISA is a cancer that needs to be removed from a the industry. All it does is spawn more terrible people that eventually leave and infect other localizations teams.

There is no benefit for NISA being active,

But what if they use that money to butcher another game. If we hadnt bought the game and let them go out of buisness, then thats one less game destroyed.

Or even just make it a double check, if it spots the missing code it will run up a triple debug to be sure is lacking due to corruption. But form a company it will go straight in I guess

*from a company

Nigger read this shit

you brought it on yourself and you deserved it

10/10

Sounds like a Paradox game (Or maybe not since I've heard you need to own one of their games to even access the forum)

I can't believe cocksuckers like them are responsible for the modding scene going downhill these days.

Nevermind, OP is a faggot by using the word "compromised" when he really meant cracked vidya

And that's retarded, becasue maybe the next game will be amazing, but we will never know beacuse they went out of buissness and can't make new games anymore.
I rather have the rage of a butched new GS game then keep on posting on "MFW new GS game never ever"
let's think if people wouldn't have gave money to TA after Rome 2 since was shit, kept in piratating all of them and they whent OFB. We wouldn't have got Attila or warhammer and both are good

I'm not a nerd fag user.
plus I'm too drunk to do it

>>>/cuckchan/

Then there is the fact that if we support an actually good localisation company, instead of nisa, when they go out of buisness the good one can take its place.

You do realise that they would get sued out the absolute ass?
It doesn't matter if the end-user is also legally in the wrong, they'd still get the legal boot. Saying "well the user downloaded it legally, so it's okay" is like saying "well, he was jaywalking, so it was fine that I intentionally hit him with a car"

>downloaded it illegally

nigger I haven't done that, however the 90% of the mods for the game were on the Steam Goyshop so if you don't do it automatically U MUST BE EBUL PIRATE

i really don't understand how mindfucked some mod people are. It has gotten to the point where I actually ask them, if I get the chance, if they are being paid by the company, since I can't fathom someone who isn't paid being that fanatical over that shit

I can believe some people getting so butthurt over people pirating their "favorite game". Its like fallout 4. I lost a good friend because they were so fanatical that is was amazing dispite all the evidence pointing tword it being shit, and when i pointed out that it was shit, he blocked me.

im drunk so maybe I'm reading your post wrong
Yes and no. Is better give the money to the company that make things better.

If an indie or a new company make a GSG I will give the money to them ASAP, due to paradox being shit. If another company starts to make a new football game I will give them money rather than konami or EA.
Good practice gets money, but bad practice still get the money if necessary

On paradox forums you can see mod and bug forums for a game only if you link your account with steam and you own it there.

Also having a mod thread at the forum is pretty cancer in itself, other that having to follow the standard set of rules (no "racism", blah blah blah) they are forbidding you from having any external forums related to the mod.

But if you jaywalk on the highway no matter what you do, you will lose that court.
They could simply say isn't their problem for what happen to the cracked copy of their game, Nothing like that happened with the legal one they have no power on how their product get used. You can't sue BMW for an hit&run or sue S&W for a shooting in a school.

Modders are some of the worst people around, but no modding community is as full of cancer as the Minecraft one. "You're not allowed to redistribute my mod in your mod pack!" Then the Feed the Beast faggots played along with it and now everyone is all autistic about which mods can touch which other mods.

I'm not surprised that Paradox fags are bad for this: GSG is a somewhat autistic genre of games, just like sandboxes.

When 90% of copy protection gets false positives that's a fantastic idea that in no way is stupid as fuck

Neither do I . There was maybe at least a few who fit my description of being insecure (I forgot to mention the worst part is when they make something and you have to ask via PM to grab it and if you were new, chances are they'd ignore you) but it wasn't this awful until last few years. I think Paid Mods has changed their tunes where they want to be compensated for their works and want to make the modding scenes into a proprietary walled garden.

Gmod is especially the worst offender where some might offer alternate links but the majority of them now put them on the workshop and the script that enabled you to download from the shop without having to sign in Steam is broken because Valve updated it.

This too. They make enough money already from the normalfags and casuals who always buy into hype and don't give a shit about devs or pubs shitting in their mouths in the past

Jesus

If you used steam, and subscribe to the mod it puts the mod in the folder for you, therefor asking where to put it is openly admitting that you didn't bought the game copy from them, due to the fact that you can't subscribe if you don't have the game

What if he doesnt like to use the workshop/found a mod thats not on the workshop?

Can't wait until Doom gets pirated so I can get a few hours of enjoyment out of it.

This is a shitty argument. People aren't entitled to get things for free solely because the person who makes it is successful. This is like saying "well Mercedes Benz makes enough money already from normalfags and casuals." while you jack one of the cars off the lot.

Yes you can claim it's "victimless" to do so but the fundamental reality is there comes a tipping point where people do get impatient and just buy the game if it hasn't been cracked after a while. This is why most DRM is mostly designed to prevent it from being cracked until a few months have passed so they can achieve most of the profit on the software. And I still don't think "well you make enough money already, I'm justified in stealing from you" is ever an argument. It just justifies more invasive drm to these companies.

Then there is the link to download mods from steam without having it. I don't remember the link but you can find it easily.
And unless you are some kind of underage faggot learning where mods and most folder have a MOD and MODDummy file in them so typing mod in the game folder will let you see where to put them have to go there is no reason to ask for it.

Devs found out demos ruin sales for their shit games. Guess what went away promptly?

I do like Croteam's approach - just make a joke bug for pirated copies. SS3 had invincible giant scorponok and Talos Principle had elevator malfunction. Both allowed you to sufficiently try out the game, but prevented you from getting the whole experience. Arkham Asylum also had the cape bug, IIRC

The original quake had a pirate version that installed viruses on your computer I think.

Yeah that's honestly the best way. Piratefag will never stop, and will always have an excuse to keep doing it as any nigger.
The best way is to brake he game intentionally putting OP enemys or game breaking bugs

Are you talking about this tool? Because this is the one I said that doesn't work anymore

steamworkshopdownloader.com/

Yeah that's the one.
Well, because they updated it recently, I've used it last week. Just wait and it will work again

The idea is that you can't sue for a risk while doing something illegal since you can't link it back to the publisher/dev.
You are getting a pirated copy from a third party source, not the publisher. If something happens, you're fucked since anyone can upload malware and disguise it as a cracked game.

except you can prove that it's part of their copy protection or link it back to them in any way and boom, class action lawsuit for literally millions upon millions

They don't need to make it part of their existing copy protection. They can make a specific build of the game that does it.

Being able to pirate games is important. A lot of people pirate games just to try them, specially if they never planned on buying them. But those people run around talking about how shitty the game is.

Meanwhile, the pre-ordering fanboys think the game is the greatest thing ever.

Stopping early piracy isn't about preventing sales. It's about people who aren't raving fanboys not getting the game and then shit talking it. By making sure only the die hard, pre-ordering fanboys get the game first, it ensures that things like Steam Reviews are overly positive.

Assuming for whatever reason it'd get past anti-viruses and anti-format protection almost all forms of OSes have, in addition to the extra time it'd take just to fuck over the 3 people who'd it'd get before the reveal.

Seems like a massive waste of time, and a massive lawsuit if it ever gets traced back to them.

Pirates already sneak malware and adware into programs and people download them anyway. It's a huge problem in computers today.

Not really. And the other user says, intentionally bugs or invincible enemies are only in the piratate copy. You can't trace it back to the publisher officially.

reddit.com/r/CrackStatus/

There's no Denuvo crack out and it probably won't be for a long time. Only some retarded russian clickbait fags claiming they've cracked it so they can get clicks on their site.

The only time I see piracy as justified is if the game isn't being sold anymore or if it was physical only.

If the game has a digital release I see that as a clear indication the dev still supports the game.

You're assuming that the companies who can't optimize jack shit to save their life would actually put effort into doing something that provides no benefit to them. In addition to making it able to sneak past detection/protection software.
With malware injections like you mentioned it typically steals data or uses your rig to mine bitcoins, something that has a tangible value to someone somewhere.

This isn't some random asshole, this is a company who's paying people to make a version specifically to… show those pirates who's boss I guess? Not to mention you're going to have to make sure nothing gets out or you're basically so far up shit creak in a legal sense there's no hope

Each denuvo release requires a different crack. Some games with denuvo were "cracked" (in a sub-optimal way). Newer versions of Denuvo are yet to be cracked.
Reddit isn't always right.

All of this.

Stuff like that isn't an active concern though. It's a minor annoyance at best. Compared to his idea of wiping your hard drive, it's going to actually piss people off that someone would even have the gal to try

At least archive that shit

This is a pretty shitty conspiracy theory.

For starters, steam reviews can only be written if you own the game. Meaning you had to be a legal customer to get it. Steam reviews also have a history of being negative if a game is particularly bad. A good example is how Just Cause 3 is still pretty negatively reviewed on Steam, and was on launch.

Additionally, this is across the board. People are more negative about a product if they didn't actually purchase it. You're more likely to forgive something if you spent money on it.

This also works in reverse. A good example is how Jim Sterling reviewed Mad Max negatively because he thought the game was tedious because there was a huge focus on side content and he couldn't just play through the missions and get his review over with. And he got his copy for free.

I'm more inclined to trust an opinion from a paying customer because that's who the game was designed and marketed towards.

I'm gonna go ahead and disagree with you, I'm less inclined to trust people who paid for something because a majority of the time they're so far gone with buyer's remorse they can't see any flaw with the game.
Hell take a look at Black Deserted Online. Game's riddled with flaws and has a pay to win cash shop, bring any of that up to someone who bought the game and watch the pay to win cash shop become "only a slight advantage" or "only for scrubs who are bad at the game" when it just provides pure advantages.

Also, reaction on social media shit (youtube, reddit, etc) has way more impact on the early reception of a game than user made reviews. If a sizable portion of the people commenting about a game early on release are pointing out the bad aspects/flaws of said product, more people will hold back before buying or not even buy it at all.
How fast companies get their investment back is pretty fucking important, early sales are crucial.

Mate, are you new to any media at all? I wouldnt trust someone who bought fallout 4 or a ticket to twilight and said they were good. Thats fucking retarded

Call me when they make a new engine with real collision and don't have 3/4 of the game cut and sold as DLC.

It's bullshit, I've seen a comment relating to this on a torrent site a week ago and still no crack

I don't generally trust reviews unless the game is universally considered bad. I judge the game for myself if I'm interested in it. Mostly because people tend to be full of shit about a game at release anyway and it tends to only be reviews made months after the game's release that are worth actually reading. Like i've found Fallout 4 reviews by people who have actually played through most of the game's content and endings much more interesting than something made the same day as the release.

Maybe Steam Reviews wasn't a great example, but places like Holla Forums, youtube, twitter, etc are a better example.

People who buy games on day one are complete fanboys and retards. And they usually say nothing but good things about a game because of buyer's remorse.

Or star citizen, which after all is the greatest game ever, don't let my 30,000$ donated influence your listening to my truth I'm laying down

Star Citizen hasn't come out yet.

But it's the best game ever.

Except it doesn't go away because the majority of it's sound assets is outright taken from other Warhammer games and it's selection of animations is shit with a complete lack of variety. Your pretty much playing a Mod and it shows.

The point is buyer's remorse is a hell of a drug, and more often than not, listening to someone who bought the game is going to give you some fantasy nonexistent game.
Like Fallout 4 having a good narrative.

I sure hope you didn't pay money for it.

Next time post a link to thread which OP is acutally writing about the tech behind denuvo, you fucking imbecile!

Don't be this guy.

this

There's still always online methods that put crucial game data on servers.