Brothers in Arms

Whatever happened to this game series anons? Last I heard they scrapped that Furious 4 crap and wanted to make Savage 7?

Hopefully its sold to another company after Gearbox dies.
Gearbox is fucking trash and havent made a good game for 8 fucking years.

Loved the original. Was basically Band of Brothers the video game.

TAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

They turned it into a mobile game

I am glad gearbox no longer makes BiA titles as anything they would produce now would be trash and shit on the legacy of an amazing game series.

Fug

At least in the first two games you were just another soldier and not a special snowflake.

I liked those games a lot. I wonder what became of the travesty the devs wanted to do with the series

I've only ever played Hell's Highway, and thought it was pretty good. Best thing about it for me though was that it seemed like you're character got shot once and he was dead, like whenever you were out of cover and getting shot at, it was only one bullet that'd do you in.
I'm sick of bullshit like in GTA where the character's walk around in the cutscenes with 7 bullet holes on their torso.

Hells Highway was pretty streamlined even if enjoyable.
Go play the first two

I have never played any of these games but just got Hells Highway recently, what am I in for anons?

Gearbox went to shit is what happened. RIP. Why nobody has really taken hints from its design really bothers me.

The jumpscare will shit you up.

Hell

Is it going to come at me straight and fast like a highway?

It's going to start off well at first then shits hit the fan fast as you hit a wall and all you can do is your best to survive

You will start out just fine.

Then you will break down when it starts to become a horror game with questions like "I THOUGHT THE GLASSES MAN WAS DEAD".

Is it best played on a higher difficulty or is normal fine?

Authentic difficulty removes the hud and crosshairs, but also removes the ammo count and gives you no option to check to see if you have ammo or not, plus you can't aim down sights in cover so that fucks things up. Play it if you really want to immerse and handicap yourself at the same time, although I'd recommend just playing normal for starters.

First 2 ones were solid 8/10 no bullshit games. Never played any other in the series. Definitive recommendation to WW2/FPS fans.

WW2 was too white and not feminist friendly enough.

Good thing WW1 is now diverse. Maybe WW2 will catch up soon.

Sad thing is I think if they did try and release a new Brothers in Arms than sort of shit would be all over it.

the series never got a chance to shine. hells highway was proof they had no interest in polishing the flawed original games and just wanted to make a shit show iron sight shooter.

The third game was a step in the wrong direction (i.e. action over tactics, Germans are EBUL NAZIS instead of just other soldiers etc) and lost the series a fair bit of love.

Furious 4 was an attempt to go further down the route of casualisation an 'reinvent' the game entirely to capitalise on the 4 player coop shit that seemed popular at the time.

The first two are better but be warned they take a while to get going. Early on it seems as if they're just early tactical shooters that have aged poorly. It is very obvious where you are supposed to stick your men to win etc. Late game, however, you often get into situations where you've got to make many tactically risky moves to actually move on.

More impressive is how much of the game's levels are based on real engagements and locations. Dig into the unlockables and you'll see just how much work they put into every element of the game.