Overwatch Thread: Independence Day Edition

Happy America Day anons. Enjoying any barbecues? This is the recurring Overwatch general, so point any others you find to this and help keep the board clean.
Share stories of how you kicked redcoat, jap and commie ass as the best hero in the game; Soldier 1776. It's a damn shame none of these skins change helix rockets to red white and blue fireworks huh?
How is competitive mode treating you? Are you able to manage or is it just not worth putting up with?

Other urls found in this thread:

encyclopediadramatica.se/Offended
link.springer.com/journal/12080
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

junkret is bets

fuck you nigger

FUCK OFF OVERWATCH

not today

China will conquer the globe. Not even Trump can build a wall as good as China.

how's mei in comp? Any advice for a fag that hpstill has to do the placement matches?

Just played competitive in a group with a few drunken people, who spout retarded bullshit on mic. We won every match

so far so good

I want to get better at the game but I notice I lack any ability to understand what my team mates are doing. I always feel like the weak link on my team.

You'll come begin for our help the moment Talon reactivates another Omnium.

Mei is great in Comp, I've found out. As long as you can play to her strengths, she's a-mei-zing in several KotH maps but just great in other maps.
Mei has been described as "the TF2 Pyro if he was actually effective at his job" so play her like that. Don't go in the front lines like a dummy, try to flank as much as possible.

Every extra second you get to spray someone is a big help to meik snowmen and this matters a lot against Reaper for instance.

Try to hoard Medkits on your oponents side to you but also use your Meicicle ability so you don't need your healer. Also use it to block entrances and line of fire.

Mei's wall is not used very well by a lot of people. Don't just block doorways, all it does is force the other team to group and you'll be swarmed when it goes off.
Instead, let one or two heroes pass, then put the wall to separate them from the rest of their team. Murder them and then repeat with the guys behind your wall.
Most important skill: putting a wall between a Mercy and her Target. When you see her looking at someone far away, put it in the middle to stop her mid flight for an easy kill.
Minor skill: keep hearing for Ultis. Your ice wall is the biggest middle finger ever erected against 76, Zarya, Roadhog, etc, etc.

Her Ulti will remind you that she's Defense class. Use it to deny area, not to get kills. Notice that it's her throwing the little robot, you can look up and make it travel much further as well as taking longer to activate which can confuse the other team.

Go to the Practice room and pick every single hero. Try all of their abilities so you understand what each hero can do. This is just a starting point, though.
Next, hit Normal and try out every Hero in the game against real oponents. You can also do the same against Bots if you don't want to piss people off and just want to try stuff.
You gotta understand how they all work before you can work with or against a Hero.
If you're kinda serious about this, hit youtube and find videos about each specific hero to see how people play them.
Ster_, or whatever that faggot name is now, does some videos focusing on a single hero at a time. There's others like OneAmognstMany and his friends too.

its hard to say, ive never really seen a mei control the game. i certainly dont mind having a mei and i want to spill my seed within her bosom. but you have to be on the same page to really be worth the pick since she is not very self sufficient, do you trust these guys? do they trust you? just how good are you with the wall? will you be able to get a wall up in the spot you want in half a second, completely fucking over an enemy? or will you just boost them in to the air and cancel your wall after you realize its in the way? i feel like roadhog has similar practical uses with a higher skill floor but supposedly neither one of them see much action in "pro" games and i can understand why.

for now dont worry so much about reading your allies minds so much as paying attention to your surroundings. even just watching their backs is more than most teammates will do for them.
eventually youll start to learn what the enemy wants to do, which will help you decide how to best help your team and youll be the one 3 steps ahead of your own team, if that makes sense.

be careful though it also gives the enemy more time to activate delete.va or genji reflect. ive never seen them affect that ult personally, but i have seen videos. and ive deleted quite a few tracer ults as the baby

Bastion takes skill

Bastion is pretty shit without a Mercy or Reinhardt there to babysit him.

I have on occasion fucked over a few enemy ults with the wall, but also a few friendly ones as well. I think she's the only hero that can be just as dangerous to her team as the enemy. Much obliged for the advice, anons.

I already know every point of data on all the heros and have used them all. I've already got 50 hours played, sadly.

I am mostly new to FPS. I mean I've played them but single player stuff but never anything multiplayer. I was one of the best MVC2 players in it's time and play fighting games competitively still, so it isn't like these sorts of things are new to me in terms of practice and mechanical study

I just don't understand how to work as a team. I am noticing I get quad gold a lot of the time when I lose. But it feels like I am critically misunderstanding something about the game when I am constantly killing half the enemy team every single time I spawn but still losing so many games.

I just don't really "get" the game. I am never quite sure what I am doing wrong.

did you know you can block enemy fire without blocking your teams with the meicicle? it can be difficult for them to really get great use out of since they cant see through you, but depending on who youre protecting they might not care too much (junkrat). you wont hinder a turret at all though so feel free to block rockets at leisure.
but again this all depends on how much your team likes bae and how used they are to working with her.

the majority of population in this game are casual blizzard babies that cant play a video game to save their life. It's more than likely not your fault.

GO HOME OVERCUCKS

this was an ok box

He's great for roflstomping noobs.

Generally whenever I get quad gold is when my team is downright refusing to work together. You can only do so much when your teammates aren't doing anything worth a shit, it's not a problem on your end.

that sounds like matchmakings fault, not yours.

There's something satisfying about double Reinhardt, just alternating shields and beating the ever living fuck out of people and using them as pong balls

even after nerfing his turrets damage by 30ish%?

how bad is consoles? why would you even get it for a console
god consolefags sod umb

Yep, everybody goes solo trying to destroy the turret even when I have my shield up as reinhardt.

Too broke for a PC. I play on my brother's ps4.

It might be. But I've always subscribed to the adage "the one factor between you and all your failures is you". And more than that, I'd expect law of averages to play out at some point.

I just want to know how I can improve since I just don't really get the game.

Communication

that would be nice but a lot of these matches are manufactured
if you want to start winning again youll need to play in a group, even then it will try to make you lose in one way or another. but your team will at least be able to exert their limits instead of being held back by potato heads.

that only works when people are open to it, i get the feeling they wont be.

I notice sometimes in ranked during the first round my team, a five-man premade, will absolutely steamroll the other team.
After that, we get steamrolled in every single round after.

What exactly is happening here?

i wonder how d39 is doing

Fuck off gook.

the game itself tells you that you don't have enough defense characters, but even if you point that out, they're still too retarded to do it.

Bet you're a Spamzo main.

Though on a serious note, holy shit is McCree bad now. The pocket sand wombo combo was literally his only gimmick, and now that it's gone, Reaper or Dad are by and large better in every way.

You basically have to hit nothing but headshots with his alt fire to kill anything with it now. Spamnzo's top marksman at this point.

Fan the hammer does not do increased damage on headshot.

Overcucks go home

i want to kill pub genjis

The merc is op

If you're fucking shit at a video game, how is it even enjoyable? Why can't normalfags do normalfags things anymore instead of shit up our hobbies?

her ult needs to charge slower
with a good rank its up constantly

I wanna kill this group of fuck heads I rank into in ranked
guy playing a mei that kept walling in bad places blocking and killing people and a fucking mercy who only healed his friends and a reinhardt who honestly had no idea what he was doing at all
I got them twice in a row in ranked and both times I spent the entire second game just fucking giving them shit because of how obviously incompetent they were
like I normally dont shit talk at all but the other people on my team pointed it out in the second game I got into with this group and it just basically confirmed everything I was saying

Your team composition is a one-trick pony

Learn to change heroes if they have a duplicate.

Which is your favorite Overwatch girl?
I choose these three

mercy

D.va is second choice. Tracer is a cum dump

Like what the FUCK is wrong with these players? What the fuck is wrong with defense characters that does not appeal to them?

We did though. For example, I started as Winston in the first round and did great. Next round they had Reaper, Roadhog, and switched off of squishies that Winston can easily take care of so I switched off of Winston. I'm just not sure what went wrong.

COMMUNISM STRONK

What did you switch onto? What was the rest of your team comp?

Overwatch is an "fps" where team composition will trump individual skill 100% of the time.

If you're getting steamrolled, it's because you guys are attacking them one by one after losing the initial fight, your team comp is shit, or more than one person on your team isn't picking fights with the right people.

HOW IS IT POSSIBLE THAT I AM THE ONE CONSTANTLY STUCK WITH THE SHIT ASS TEAMMATES FIVE GAMES IN A ROW?

It's not just that I lost five in a row, it's that I had inexcusably, embarrassingly bad teammates all five games. They never had the fundamentals of the game down and never played on the objective in ranked mode.

Is this the forced 50% winrate? Because I was on a great spree for a bit.

Seriously though, HOW IS IT FUCKING POSSIBLE TO GET TRULY AWFUL TEAMS FIVE GAMES IN A ROW?

I have great stats each game, why are ranking systems in games not based on performance/consistency, but win or loss? It turns a skill based system into a shitfest full of variables. That's why being on the top of the charts in WOW and stuff like that mattered.

I'm so fucking angry right now. I put on a great performance each time only to watch people play like they just started the game.

if you'd read through the thread you'd know it's actually everyone that are stuck with shit teammates.

Unfortunately I don't actually remember the specifics. I just remember switching off Winston since I could see it wasn't going to work out. On second thought I'm not sure how much of a problem our team comp is. That Winston round I mentioned it was fine really. But on another occasion in a different match I remember one of the guys went Junkrat when the enemy had a Zarya. Someone brought that up but we all just let it go. I guess by itself it wouldn't have been a problem but when paired with a randumb we might not be able to control we should probably be more strict on that.

yea same happen to me
every day

if its like my friends and i, we'll typically play our less-played heroes for the first round. if it seems we're evenly matched, or it's challenging and neither side is roflstomping, we'll stick with those picks.

if we get roflstomped, then we swap to our better characters. so then you get a spastic lucio and junkrat with a twitch-reflex goddess zarya and a deadeye dad 76 instead of four people handicapping themselves with characters they're not as good on.

Would Holla Forums hate the Omnics?

yes but it hate lucio more

Pretty good box this time.

I was sure that they did. Well then no wonder that shit felt so weak.

You bet your ass Holla Forums would hate them.

that "frog" skin really freaked me out the first time i saw it. i could easily tell it was lucio because of his skill set and roller blading, but he looked a little off to me. then he got play of the game

She's clearly a Tumblrette, no big loss.
Pay no attention to me, just posting cutest character

Gay

D.Va obviously.

Wow Sherlock Holmes, thanks for deducing that.

more like sherlock homo

Bumplock when?

bastion seems to exist solely to punish lousy players. you think theyll ever do anything to make him less of a dead weight or are they scared of driving away "customer" types?
could they even do anything to him that made him less terrible but didnt increase his bullying effectiveness?

Probably not

yeah i doubt it as well. i just want to put lots of bullets in people.

These both were ranked matches. I thought shitters didn't come to ranked matches.
WHERE'S THE BUTTON TO COMMIT SUICIDE?

I block anyone who is shit
No idea if it means ill never play with them again but i hope it is the case because i basically block everyone who has genji and hanzo in top played

At least hanzo has his ult, and location arrows. Even if he's a useless piece of shit, as long as he keeps those two things coming he can help. Widowmaker doesn't have that until she ults. Genji is a paperweight only good for fucking with casuals. I didn't even mean to git gud, I just applied common sense to the game and it happened. How is this not the common result?

i actually would like a suicide button, sometimes i want to switch heros without finding the nearest pit to jump in to.

there used to be an avoid this player function, but they took it out because people were using it to avoid players better than them, instead of just people they think are assholes. or something along those lines. in any case it was fucking with their matchmaking, supposedly.

Are you still doing your placement matches? I had a terrible time doing those, 3 wins and 7 losses (and still came with Rank 47) but after that, the games were fairly more smooth.
It's probably the fact that during your placement matches, other people that haven't a rank yet are gonna be with and against you. This means you could have incredibly unbalanced teams and the game simply doesn't know it yet.

After my placement matches, most of the players I find are actually quite focused on the Objective, not just on kills and with the exception of a few tards you'll always get (thankfully on the other team too) the games are quite good.

In that game you were playing, you probably had that team comp because they were trying to handle the oposition. Widow and Hanzo are good against both Bastion and Tolbjorn, provided they can actually aim.

Also, keep in mind… There are a lot of people jumping from console to PC lately. I've had a Tolbjorne in KotH for 3 consecutive rounds on the same match simply because "Torb is OP". Which was quite true for the consoles but it's far from true in the PC version.

Also, a warning to everyone. Keep a close eye on your killcams with "marksman" type characters. I've seen some shifty shit from Hanzo, Widow and McCree locking up on people's head. It's fairly more smooth than TF2 aimbots used to be but sometimes you'll notice weird shit like a McCree turning around more than 90 degrees and instantly shooting you in the head.
Just report the accounts you see doing this shit and force them to pay 40$ again.

Damn you

TF2 has something like that. If you type "kill" into the console you die, it's really useful when you want to change a class or loadout. I don't know why OW doesn't have it.

i had keys bound to explode and kill which i would use if i was in a position to ambush but some medic decided he wanted to pocket me and show the whole world where i was.
overwatch probably doesnt have them because you would be able to deny the enemy ult charge.

==OVERGAYS GET== >>>/out/

But in TF2 if an enemy has damaged you recent and you kill yourself, that counts towards a kill for him.
Blizz could do the same thing.

*recently

kek

If her hair wasn't garbage, she'd be my favorite character.

also, if she didn't look like a man for whatever reason.

I guess maybe I should say 'if she looked like she did in fanart, with the massive, stronk amazonian vibe, but also with the curves a woman has naturally' instead of just stopping at the hair.

Just hide the single existing OW thread if it's bothering you that much, you retard.

Artist behind that picture has to be amazing.

More like he's just really good with shading, which may or may not be a feature of whatever art program he's using.

Otherwise it's good but I wouldn't say amazing.

Pretty good at painting but their normal style is shit.

He´s on the upper spectrum of okay really

Also when are they going to buff D.VA? And if they do what should they do? I think they could reduce the wind up a bit on her ult

I'd like to see her focused more towards her flanking role myself. Make her better at killing enemies she singles out. Less slowdown while firing and longer range should do it.

Leave her fragility as it is. Her crit spot should give someone a chance to fight back, but actually taking her out before she kills anyone should be a team effort. It's really really easy for multiple teammates to focus and kill a DVa, so her role should be all about picking targets solo.

MIGHT step on Reaper's toes a bit, but Reaper is stealth+burst while DVa would be more mobility based and makes herself vulnerable while attacking over time..

Have you given your daily dose of shekels to Blizzard today?

I want to fuck D.va

Containment thread for cocksucking niggers.

More damage would be nice, even if you ambush someone it takes a few seconds to kill everyone that isn't Zenyatta. At the very least they should bump up the effective range on her shotguns to more that 3 feet.

that wouldn't be bad

I want to fuck D.Va's robot

==FRESH NEW MEME GUYS, REMEMVER THE GOOD OLD DAYS? LOL
TF2 IS SHIT NOW AND ONLY NOW LAUNCH DAY WAS GOOD==

I used one fucking line

Okay but TF2 is actually pretty shit now.

It was always shit

might step on winstons toes! they have a very similar role. i think he has his own set of problems too, hes a bit too reliant on that shield cooldown.
the movement speed fuckery would make sense if she were a threat beyond 2 feet. so the question is do they reduce/remove the debuff or increase her effective range?
i think removing the debuff would make more sense, but it will still look stupid.

what exactly is shit about nu-tf2? i would understand if someone said that in a tf2 thread but this is an overwatch thread. what the fuck does it do better?

some questionable balance changes

because the hanzo nerf was completely necessary

this thread has immediately improved

I don't even fucking own OW, but this is too funny

THE ABSOLUTE MADMAN
I SALUTE YOU YOU GLORIOUS BASTARD

I didn't want to bump the thread earlier but 3ea0cc's ass pain is worth bringing to the top.

bump~ ;)

The funny thing is, I bet he thinks he's triggering people. If anything, that shit brings nostalgia tears to most people's faces. So many old memes…

Well, the three fucking god-awful updates in a row are a good place to start.

Also a lot of fucked up balancing changes, and the entire flow of the game seems fucked.

Instead of actually play as a team and using certain classes to accomplish certain goals, and how well you do relies on your skill with a class, you now can't walk into a room without instantly getting exploded by that one Demoman who managed to get up on a vantage point that allows him to see the whole room, and nobody tries to counter him because they're off playing sniper or scout or whatever, but I guess that's also more due to the community going down the shitter.

TL;DR Valve isn't even trying anymore with shitty fucking updates, weapon balancing got fucked, and it plays like shit now.

Is 3ea0cc more autistic than the BR shitposter?

Nice spoiler faggot.

Symmetra and Pharah are underrated.

Nah, Im pretty autistic
Not as much as TF2 butthurt Overwatch players.
You should really learn Geography user

nice proxies faggot

It aint me

If you think old memes offend anyone here or that there aren't multiple posters actually fapping to that literal shit, here:
encyclopediadramatica.se/Offended
Since Overwatch offends you so much :^)

I'd mostly complain about how the game seems to be most about instant kills now... Soldier can one-shot many classes from up close with the rocket, the scout can do the same with one or two shots from his scatter gun, Pyro has his combos and makes you wish it was just one shot. Demo has stickies and grenades for instant death up close, sniper and spy don't even need anything to be said. Even the engy kills anyone passing in front of his turrets so fucking fast there's no counterplay involved unless you already know they are there, mooting the entire point of turrets.

lol

is this the designated sonic porn thread

Post more.

Blizzcuck please

le cuck maymay xD

>>>/reddit/

Literally gamer-girl tier of attention whoring.

You do know there's still about 150 posts to bump limit.
And even when you reach it, we'll just make another thread.
Right?

Also, changing IPs and immidiatly shitposting with exactly the same thing is not a smart thing to do.
All you're doing is asking for a range ban.

wow, tumblrina, you really got triggered

maybe when he can spend a month shit posting in a cyclical he can challenge brazil. but the poor boys already blown his load

Literally pre-school tier of namecalling.

Reminder

everything youve said can apply to overwatch as well. nobody wants to be tank, nobody wants to be support, every single thread is constant complaints about balance so maybe team based gameplay is a stupid fucking idea

Why am I laughing so hard at this image.

Nice buzzworld tumblr meme, faggot. Don't you have some Cheeto dust to rake out of your neckbeard?

It's all the same thing

That's probably the easiest and most satisfying map to defend right now.

samurai land is some grade a bull shit. they should use that map to test their matchmaking. if defenders lose on that map it should alert them that matchmaking is beyond fucked up.

That's real autism there.

also i dislike every character having another who does exactly the same thing. i mean in tf2 you have medic, okay thats a shit class people only play becaus it gives their side a huge advantage. but in overwatch you have halfbaked healers like zenyetta and black guy when mercy fulfills the role the best. the game would have done better to just distribute abilities into a smaller pool of characters. 21 characters and about 5 are actually worth something and this isnt broken?

Assault modes have an easy as fuck point A to take but a very hard point B to take. Design decision to make the game not end too fast for either side, I guess.
Generally, if you can almost take point B, you're in equal footing to the other team but if you can't even have the first… What the fuck are you doing?

Objectively false, seeing how pigdick and lolibait are often picked by a lot of people and even Reinhart is quite nice. Tanks are never missing in any team, except the really bad ones.

;_;
I like keeping people alive and play Symetra just for the teleporter

You'll always have those just like you'll never win 100% of your games. What matters is just how much do those things break the game. In the case of Overwatch, a lot of the characters feel quite nice to play and use and you never have that feeling of "this character is utterly useless and has no place literally anywhere else".
Even McCree after the nerf still has his spotlight.

If you're gonna pull mental gymnastics, be sure not to sprain an ankle, faggot. The game is fine as is and is only getting better in the future.
Playing Overwatch currently is like fucking a hot blonde chick and her father comes along and says "you know what? I'll buy daughter breast implants!"
If I was stuck, I'd have kept playing it, wouldn't I? But instead, the moment a good alternative came along, I moved on. This is like dating a fat chick that pesters you because she knows there's no competition until the day that cute librarian moves next door and you go hang out with her instead.

Neither of these situations have anything to do with being a cuck, unless you've changed the definition of the world like Tumblr does all the time.

by that logic you also have several classes dedicated to killing people

Amazing, how does it feel to have batterred wife syndrome?

Trips

le overwatch is a le fun game I find le tracer very le boner inducing for my le penis xDD

those characters arent tanks though, they die extremely fast, are even extremely weak, and are entirely situational.

i just dont feel like half the characters fulfill any role at all and that was my only point.
everything else is a complete waste of a slot and thats even including widowmaker, a sniper, which sucks the fun from every game with them. prove to me more characters is a good thing and that the game wouldnt improve with less

Mercy does dedicated healing the best, healing just one target at a time. As long as she's healing someone, that person simply won't die.
Neither Zen nor Lucio can do the same thing.

However, Zen can cause a truck load of damage while still healing AND he can start healing someone as long as he keeps LOS to him, offering him some safety.

Meanwhile, Lucio's healing is the worst but it's even more passive than Zen and you're free to move and cause damage while doing it. Lucio's often has more healing done than Mercy simply because he heals all those tiny spots of damage the other team does.

Each healer actually has a distinct role to play out besides "keep player alive". Mercy negates focusing a single character, Lucio negates atrition damage and Zenyatta negates diving, as well as supporting attacks better. Each healer can also do the same the others are better at doing just not as good. Mercy can keep a Reinhart healed as he runs to smack someone, but Zenyatta can do the same, put a debuff on the target and help with damage too.
Game's a bit more complex than most people give it credit for…

I play a lot of Mercy :^)

AHAH

I don't see a problem with that. I don't think there is any reason to force all characters to be equally powerful.
I think there should be characters low skill floor characters like Winston, Torbjorn, and Reaper. These characters are for the less skilled players, that can still contribute to a team effectively in a role other than Support.
Similarly, I think there should be High Skill Floor characters like Genji and Widowmaker. These characters are rarely used effectively as they're difficult. When the skill floor is met though, they can be an incredible asset to the team.
I also love how there are happy medium characters as well. Pharah, Roadhog, and Soldier 76 being characters that have low skill floors to be effective, but still have plenty of room to be even MORE effective with suffecient skill.
Some people would argue that this means high level play would exclude some heroes completely. I don't see anything wrong with that. They choose not to use them because they rather win than play that hero. It's their choice to give them self the edge by abstaining from a character choice.

this would work if teams were larger than fucking 6 but that isnt the case, there is no reason to pick zen or lucio over mercy

low skill floor would mean characters that have all kinds of room to fuck up, the ones who are terrible if you dont know what youre doing with them.
skill ceiling is skill cap. a high skill ceiling means great potential and lots of room for improvement, regardless of their skill floor.

That isn't exactly true, though. Mercy isn't very good in KOTH maps, while Lucio shines in them. Zenyatta is really only good as a subhealer rather than as a main healer, but he has enough of an offensive presence to cancel out his less than stellar healing ability.

in a team game it isnt about "you". you think of what is best for the team, there shouldnt be characters objectively worse

Gotta have a broader definition of tank, mate.
They grab your attention (literally), have a lot of health, armor or self healing and they can force people out of points.
They do play in different ways and you're gonna get your shit kicked in if you don't acknowledge that, but they are tanks nonetheless.

Pigdig has no armor or escape mechanisms and he's basically Ulti fodder for the other team. But his hook makes people afraid to go near him and his shotgun gets people off him very fast. Some people think his healing makes him hard to kill and use it when being attacked but they are faggots. You use it to sustain yourself without your healers help since you're supposed to lurk around corners for anyone passing by.
You play the pig like a trapdoor spider near your point and you'll do well, he's a tank built for defense and ambush.

Now Dva is a different sort. She's not meant to defend at all. She spearheads the attack as a tank should. Her high Armor and E makes her survive the initial damage people throw at her and her Boost is perfect to get in the middle of the other team and spread them around. You aren't even supposed to face them all due to your head hitbox, just turn your butt to most people and single out a single target, break their team formation.
You still need your team to follow up on the attack but it should be easy for them if they find a disoriented and uncoordinated team.
Oh and her ulti when in human form? That's actually a self heal for about 400+ Armor. It makes more sense if you look at it that way.

i do feel like forced 6v6 holds the game design back

Wrong, actually. Mercy has a healing range of 15 and is very obvious, she will be picked on and any AoE attack like grenades or rockets will harm her as well. Meanwhile, Zenyatta can be miles away and still heal people.
Consider that a Pharah could take to the skies and still receive Zen healing while Mercy would have to follow and expose herself to do it too.

Also consider that if your team is fighting against a lot of tanks, you need more damage than healing to take them down and the Discord Orb plus normal attacks are a very good trade off for 70 HPpS healing.

Also Lucio dominates any map where environmental kills are possible and his Ulti is simply the best of all 3 healers to an attacking team, allowing them to wipe the oposition, instead of being clumped together and vulnerable to headshots with Zen or just coming up with later if Mercy throws herself in front of the enemy team for a quick death and no healer afterwards.

And there aren't honestly… Seriously, don't listen to the scrubs telling you this or that hero is objectively bad and worse than everyone else.
Every hero has a role to play and specific circumstances or ways to play that make him the superior choice.
McCree is said to be shit tier post-nerf for instance, but his gun is burst damage compared to sustain damage of 76. When it comes to killing pharahs in the sky, you'll have it easier than 76. And when someone comes near you, you won't shit your pants like 76 does. The combo isn't as powerfull but it's still better than Biotic Field to survive a close-quarters fight.

Even Bastion that's actually considered shit tier unless supported by 2 other characters has his spot in the game, you just gotta learn to relocate a lot, same for many snipers.
I'm telling you, every hero has their playstyle and once you figure it out, you'll be a great asset to your team. There are no "objectively worse" characters.

in any case, i dont feel like there are many overlapping roles. the current roster is pretty great filling any needs, even with a few characters who are kind of terrible. bastion for instance is fucking bad, but he still has capabilities that are not matched by anyone else on the roster.

Remember to respect your opponents.
I'll get OBS one of these days. Calm your tits.

i respect my opponents enough to order their mercy around when she is doing a shitty job

Lucio's mobility and passive healing means he's more likely to be picked up by randoms than a more dedicated healer like Mercy. It's nice having a support that can operate even a little more independently than being completely dependent on their team.

As a lolicon, I am insulted

Can't forget his "fuck you and your focus fire" ult

I cannot tell you many times I've been healing a pigdig and he used his self heal. Away from any danger.
LET MY CHARGE MY RES FUCKER

i try to remember to let mercy build her ult, but most of the time id rather she just make sure everyone else is topped off. i really wish you could view team mates health as anybody. ive never seen anyone try it, but you can build ult charge by healing self inflicted damage right?

But Mercy's pistol > any damage output Lucio can provide (excluding lel pushed you)

Letting a Mercy charge her res must be the most insignificant reason to not use Roadhog's self heal.

nice spoiler nice flat

Self damage had to be after the round starts, I've tried healing a pharah that shoots herself in spawn like you might in tf2 but it does nothing.

Even with danger, you'll heal him at the same speed his vaping does. If danger is afoot, he's better off shooting shrapnel while you heal him, instead of vaping while you die and follow next.

Even worse is when you see someone at low health running back, you LShift to him and start healing. You'd expect he would turn back and go fight some more, but no! I already decided I'm having medkits for breakfast, let me have a bite before going back!

This is actually a good way to spot good players and a bigger reason to play in pre-made teams. I love seeing a few Reinharts and Hogs that, as soon as I start healing them, just use cover when very low HP or go back to fighting otherwise. They know what I'm trying to do and they help. Those guys always get my Rez.

You can't build charge from self inflicted damage, neither in the spawn or in the field.
This would give all healers a way to build charge much faster than the other team and every push would only start when an Ult was ready, leading to a boring match.

Though you really don't need extra help for that, Support characters get their Ultis so fast provided they do their role it's often something the other team rages about.
Symetra has to wait 2:30 minutes to use her teleporter but every 5 points of damage she causes is 1 seconds less she has to wait.
Killing 2 200HP squishy heroes with your sentries and gun (and this is easy) means you get the teleporter in half the time, killing 4 gives it for free (with the time it takes to kill them included).

Lucio is fun

CAN WE TEAM UP ALREADY?

I AM TIRED OF THESE SHIT ASS TEAMS.

Calderweiss#1774

I just jumped into a game…

Here's another way to spot a good player, the let their healer fucking see them.
In all my games as a Mercy I only ever saw one person that ever looked over the edge intentionally to let me boost up. One.
He did need healing pretty badly, but I still thanked him for helping me regain faith.
Otherwise it's always either extreme retreat or extreme no surrender.

I never liked Widow until that picture

I´ve send you a request. I´m searching for players too.

Loliwatch is best watch

I'll get in on this.

ASoL#11620

Everyone's got autism or some tumblr thing. They're trying to say junkrat is a tranny, as well.

I could see Junkrat being a tranny actually.

do not bully the junkrat by calling him a tranny

he's just an insane, sadistic bully who likes explosions.

Symmetra having some kind of OCD/autism wouldn't even surprise me if it was canon. Theorycrafting like this is stupid though.

Windowmaker, solely because of SFM and the image this thumbnail was based off of

I bet her skin is nice and cool

An edit to the article by an actual autism.
The "where she fits in the spectrum" is a joke since her school was all about manipulating hard light. But the only thing muricans know about light is that it's produced in light bulbs and the Sun.

Being a perfectionist or even plain old OCD do not an autist make. Keep in mind that simply having standards in this day and age gets you called an "OCD freak" and showing greater passion than the majority for something gets you labeled as autist as well.
These kind of armchair doctor diagnosis really mean nothing now, when not being autist or not having OCD means not giving a fuck about anything ever.

Man there don't have to fake anything to get some pussy, they quite literally just pick it up, it's a buyers market in Aussie land.
And what's more, the game lore talks about how that place is an irradiated hellhole after some aussie niggas blew up an Omnium.
Gender is most likely binary for the rest of the world, but in RadsVille they gotta have more genders than chemical elements.

what, did he blow his dick off?

Yeah, it's cannon that he blew his Junk, didn't you knew?

He's been in this thread for over seven hours.

I need to find a way to get better quality while saving filespace and avoiding desyncs.

trash it

remember not too long ago when autism was the funniest shit? why did you let go of that?

She doesn't have the funny autism. She has the EVE autism.

I posted that because I thought it might make people laugh. I guess I was wrong since this IS the overwatch thread.

EVE Autism is fucking hilarious? Have you seen any of the EVE guys lose their thousand dollar ships? They flip the fuck out, same with train autists.

its funny when torb makes fun of her

you have pretty low standards

Oh, heh. Didn't know about those guys, but it sounds funny as hell.

kek

Nothing wrong with it, but drawing western characters in it is retarded.

There's multiple art styles in anime. It's not like every anime looks like K-On, after all.

arent tracer and widowmaker middle eastern characters by now?

I sent you a request

I'm Dont

I normally get on around 6PM-10PM US Mountain Time/-7/Denver timezone

very funny

thats not what im saying retard

junkrat is the only character who could legitimately identify as an attack helicopter

but only until he lands

I'm just gonna repeat what I said a few threads back and say that tranny Junkrat is really strange to me. He's everything Tumblr hates.

You forgot to add

How are people so fucking shit at this game? I go in as reaper on anubis, kill like 3 people as we start to initiate, and then my whole team still dies and I'm the only one left even though nobody on the enemy team ulted.

Or the enemy reinhardt constantly leaves his position to chase me, reaper , around the map, and nobody on my team pushes in while their only tank is gone?

How has such a legitimately retarded breed of gamer come about?

Winston has no aim required, hits multiple targets, and can use his shield to block help.

The new D.Va would be better at killing single targets, but more vulnerable to team fire. She still requires some aim which means she's not as good at killing Tracer/Genji She still keeps her defensive matrix which has more team utility but less personal defense.

FUCK YOU BLIZZARD I AM ACTUALLY MAD I WON A 5V6 GIVE MY EXP.
FUCK

it's one thing to not give a shit about team comp but if I'm playing Tracer and two of you fuckers pick Genji you have to realize that your stats are gonna be pretty fucking awful split three ways between all the offensive characters

imo give Soldier 76 a double jump

p.s. fuck people who unironically enjoy playing Reinhardt

Reinhardt can be fun. If you aren't screaming at the top of your lungs at all times you aren't playing him right though.

stop autisming @ me pls

I am losing more rank for a loss than I am gaining for 2 wins
this system is so fucking dumb

Jesus fucking Christ does a woman have to be 6'4 and weigh at least 200lbs to not be a loli nowadays? Fucking fatass Americans are really bringing the world's standards down.

JESUS FUCKING CHRIST MY DICK
Oh god I am gonna need SO much more of that Mercy and Pharah

People can't even play MERCY properly. Stand right next to her hitting I NEED HEALS and she just stands there holding heal on some full health person. Most of the Mercy players don't even utilize the damage boost or the sidearm… It's fucking awful.

Are you implying that fake tits are better than real tits? Nigger… do I have to explain tits to you…

This right here.
Flat chest to cow tits are all better than fake tits.

Tackling and beating the shit out of other tanks is satisfying as fuck. Especially roadhogs that immediately try to heal if they survive the tackle.

That artist mostly draws giant futadicks I'm afraid.

It's been a full week, I'm finally back up to the rank I started at, 55.

Mercy is a LOT harder to play PROPERLY than just that. But yeah if they can't even do that they should fuck off

I'm a pretty solid Mercy so I'm aware that positioning and evading are important (as well as properly timing ults) but I'm just saying half these fags don't even have the basics.

Clearly he's a permavirgin who has never felt titties in his hands

Some guy who was apparently a top tier widowmaker player aka a humongous faggot couldn't get any matches because everyone avoided his sick backline uselessness

nerf this imo

I've always tried to find a good opportunity to post that one.

i am so over this shit

I had a guy in ranked who said if anyone went Mei he was going afk… so of course I went Mei =)

im about done with this game at this point
every game Ive lost today has been due to people who can only play genji or refuse to change to what is needed or who are just fucking morons in general that think trying to spawn camp them despite us having a fucking 30 second run back while they only have a 10 second run to the point is a good idea

seriously idiots need to at the very fucking least stop trying to fucking spawn camp, it does not work and just feeds them ults and leads to them getting easy checkpoints

She can deal serious damage 1v1 against anyone but if she runs into a group of 2+ enemies she's as good as dead, even if she pops her heal ice it only prolongs the inevitable. Plus her ult is just an area denial ability just like D.Va's self destruct, it's a minor inconvenience if everyone reacts to it in time.

Play ranked nigga.

I think he is playing ranked

(checked)
Literally all my ranked matches have been absolutely fantastic though, even when we lost it was a pretty close one and everyone stayed within reasonable distance from the payload, with at least 2 people on it at all times.

this is ranked
I wesnt from 58 down to 54 today and kept jumping between 55 and 56
I am winning more than losing not that it matters

also this game isnt 1v1

I really don't understand what I am doing wrong. I am getting quad golds almost every single game.

What am I supposed to do?!

That's probably because your team mates took you for a ruse cruse by farming kills.

I meant situations when Mei goes up against some lonely soul on a flank, surely you've had games where not everyone pushed as a cohesive unit. If you're a Genji or a Hanzo trying to get in a good position away from your team and you run into Mei, or Symmetra for that matter, you're probably done for.

genji and hanzo are also shitty characters
genji at the very least has some situational use but hanzo is almost always dead wight

Ah somehow knew it was gonna be in this thread. Made this based on your pic related, it looks awful but then again this took me around 15 mins to pose and render. Gonna re-do it later.

Talking about buff what do you guys think Zennyatta is gonna get?

I got ranked 47.
The following match I lost a rank because even though we steamrolled on attack gibraltar and the other team just barely tied in overtime, the coinflip put them on attack.
They just walked the cart with 4 tanks and a bastion + mercy.

Comp in sub 50 is bullshit.
Coinflip wins are bullshit.
Did blizzard even test this shit?

Hanzo is useful enough purely from his scan arrow, aside from that he's pretty shit.

if you wanna pick mei, hanzo or zenyatta go to fucking Quick Play.

Nigga you best get the fuck out of here

He's the worst support and you know it. Your sick sniping skills don't make up for the fact that the team is basically going unhealed.

You´re supposed to play together as a team.

How about stop diving into rockets you lil' shit, the solo-heal aspect is almost as strong as Mercy's.

Except Mercy can fully focus on checking who needs healing while a Zenyatta will get distracted by trying to get headshots.

That's not even an arguement against Zenyatta as a character, that's an arguement against the retards that play this game. The same can be said for Mercy's that refuse to do anything but pocket one player or save their Ult's for big 4man revives.

Yet the argument that on average Zenyatta is a less efficient healer still stands though because it requires higher skill on the player.

I'll not argue that a lot of Mercy's are retarded. I'll never know why they always put the healing beam on me when I go Reinhard and stand on the payload with my shield up. If their healing beam could replenish my shield it'd makes sense but their attention could be better spent on others.

its not about that dude
especially in ranked where a pharah can actually aim with her rockets
its about getting the best team comp
why infect your enemy with a common cold when you can give him smallpox

I'd argue Mercy takes more skill than Zenyatta due to the simple fact it's an easy trap for shitters to resurrect one or two faggots that just died and are still surrounded by the enemy team only to die again - or wasting their ult on the first point when it's 95% captured to rezz one or two guys while the rest of the team is in spawn. With Zenyatta it's as easy as Ulting whenever you hear an enemy ult go off and you're mostly golden.

Not to mention that the current flavor of the day for Ranked seems to be Zarya - Genji - Soldier and Zenyatta deals with them more effectively.

Tip Top Kek m8

Why do pubs hate Zenyatta players?

Chen & Stimpy

Zenyatta is literally Mercy that heals less, does less damage, has less mobility and an ult that equals Lucios buffed healing aura.

have fun staying sub 60 forever.

Post your rank then son

Harmony is near equal to Mercy in terms of solo-healing and it doesn't require you to hug their dick and be in effective range of damage

Orbs do equal amounts of damage to her pistol if aimed properly - if not more - and Discord Orb shits on her damage in regards to damage output. The issue comes with the travel time of Discord Orb.

True that.

Nigga I am sure Lucio's buffed aura can outheal a fucking Pharah Ult or a Hanzo ult. Not to mention it makes him a fucking wall to attacks, fuck outta here.

he's currently "out" in the meta.

Hello I haven't bought this game

I was watching someone play it however and when the round finished it showed the "play of the game" or whatever clip and it was the healer character just healing a guy

what the fuck? how does holding LMB make you the best player? you're fucking doing nothing. Also the replay looks like fucking shit with the player just walking in a circle while holding LMB

Personally I think big>small>flat>>mosquito bites=fake tits.

Zen should have at least one or two more seconds of orb time for both orbs, and his altfire should be cancellable. Also personally I think his ult should give him slightly more movespeed when approaching teammates. Is there any confirmation on whether his ult removes placed orbs?

Even then, there are plenty of lower ranked people who pay attention to team comps and the meta. It shouldn't require me posting my rank to convince you, just watch the Gosugamers tournaments.

the orbs should never drop off, that would make him competitive.

Alt-Fire can be canceled with a Melee attack and it can be used to cancel the long as fuck wind-down animation. He can definitely use some extra tweeking and improvement but saying he's the worst is downright fucking hilarious. His Ult does not remove placed Orbs, at least not Harmony. I can't guarantee Discord 100% however.

They used to but it got changed, blame Blizzard.

Nigga don't fucking kid yourself, most people are horrible at the game and can't name any counter outside of Bastion - hell they can't even name a Bastion counter if you take out Genji. The Meta also doesn't mean shit in this game since it changes from day to fucking day outside of Competitive - which is also filled with hilariously shit players most of the time since its still in its infancy. You got Symmetra's running everywhere when a week ago nobody picked her.

A competent team does not mean a Mercy, a Lucio, a Pharah, Reinhardt, Roadhog, and either a second Pharah or a Soldier every game.

And I forgot to mention, see ya' at rank 70 in a week and a half m8 :^)

The cookie cutter atm is 3/2/1.
3 Attackers(Anything Except McCree)
2 Tanks (Anything Except DVA but mostly Reinhardt except on King of the Hill)
1 Support (Mercy or Lucio). Mostly Mercy. Lucio over Mercy for King of the Hill Maps.

The reason why this meta developed 2 weeks ago and hasn't changed much since is because its working and will give you a greater chance of success regardless of what skill level you're at. Only the literally top teams like Luminosity or Cloud 9 can make other team compositions work because they're just that much better then all of us.

Have fun deluding yourself with Zenyatta, Dva and Hanzo are good and stay sub 50 rank.

Fuck this.

Its either that my team has a leaver, or then the other team has one guy leaving and I get shitty competive xp. Can't beat the system.

they sure as hell know how chat works. theyll gladly tell you how they wont heal you when you ask them to heal the rest of the team instead of just their boyfriend. so theyre paying attention to that but not the giant ass red CRITICAL! sign flashing on their screen

But those 3 are actually good if you can actually use them.
Zenyatta is great for the damage he brings to the table and the debuff he puts on people. I've stopped many ganks just from dropping that Orb on someone, forcing him to run for cover for 3 seconds. Or even just outright murdering the Ganker, something he can do even better than Mercy.

Out of all 3 Healers, Zenyatta's the more agressive one and the damage he brings helps a lot against squishies while Discord helps against tanks.
Consider the following: picking Zenyatta instead of Mercy is trading 20 HPpS in your healing for a lot of damage while healing. And instead of giving 25% extra damage to one person, you give it to your entire team, provided they focus-fire your target.

Dva is also excelent and better than most other tanks simply for the potential to sow confusion and break ranks on the oposing team or simply flanking. She's basically a Winston but with better survivability and doesn't need that shield to help either.
I've won rounds on Volksaya Industry with a Dva going around to force them on the point, clearing the chokepoints for us.

Hanzo's also great. He's essentially a sniper that doesn't reveal his position while firing, fires faster and relocates better. An average Hanzo can help your team far better than an average Reaper or Tracer, he'll kill more, reveal the other team and draw their fire and yet still be safer than Offense characters.

That meta is what works if you're going solo queue since it's the one that requires the least amount of teamwork to still be effective, but that's still pretty far from being the best possible composition, especially since the best composition depends heavily on the other team.

One of those tanks can be swapped out for a Defense character to help break up defenses, like any sniper or Junkrat. They can do so safely from afar unlike Offense characters and with the help of the other tank.

And if the map is currently atacking, you don't need 2 tanks, you need an extra Offense\Defense character or even an extra healer otherwise you're never gonna clear the point before they whitle your team down. And even then, it still depends on how much damage their team comp is pumping out.

the only thing i have against zenyatta is how he interacts with reinhardt, or rather how he doesnt. but when discord actually works its gut bustingly hilarious. i guess im also less biased towards mercy because im almost always playing soldier so i dont care if we have the strongest heals ill make up for it.
you lost me at dva though.

You'll have the same problem with many other heroes too. Mei and Zarya can pop your orb off with LShift and Tracer too with recall. Anyone else can get the Barrier from Zarya as well.
Against Reinhart, that doesn't really matter much. What you want to do is take down his Shield anyway by peppering it with your Orbs and force him to retreat.

Once you start looking at her human form Ulti as a self heal for 400+ Armor and once you realize just how short her cooldown on the boosters is and once you realize everytime you need to dive someone, you're supposed to have your Defense Matrix up and when you are close, the headshots don't matter, you'll understand Dva.
I've killed my fair share of Dvas and it's always because they overstay their welcome and try to fire from too far away. Just keep moving around, retreating to healthpacks or your healer when you're low, only dive with the Matrix and never fire your guns unless you're right next to the target.
She becomes great when you play her like this.

if theyre using defensive cooldowns to shake discord orb then zenyatta has made life easier for the team already. prevention is better than a cure.
breaking reinhardts shield is great, but my issue with that matchup is that while its up zenyatta is not being played at his full potential, while lucio and mercy are.

youre never going to convince me dva is worth the player slot though. people who understand dva wont let her get away with that crap.

True morality is racial apotheosis. Machines exist to serve us. Machines that serve themselves are inherently immoral.

what the fuck

oh wow that was fast, thanks mods

You gotta think backwards here, people that understand Dva won't let other people stop her from getting away with this crap.
The only thing anyone can do against Dva is shoot her till she's dead, which ain't a chalenge in itself. A good Dva will fly away before she's destroyed and only shoot when she can outdamage anyone (this means very close range). It's Dva's job to make sure she gets away with this shit and force the other players to focus her.

But what if the machines are built to serve as companions? What if their entire happiness comes from serving us, or if they serve us by serving themselves?
Let's say you build a large group of androids to test some social theories, put them in a fake village and test whatever theory you want.
While never as complex as humans, they may be a good start, like mice for medical purposes but this would require that they try to serve themselves like a human would.

The most offensive part there was the name and trip faggotry, really. Like he needs that shit to be recognized…
Fucking attention whores.

Depends.
if the omnics kept to themselves, hardly a problem.
If they're race-mixing (or whatever term you wanna use cause I can't come up with one), they'd go genicidal.
And considering you can just go genocidal in the Oververse, they might actually do it for once.
Or they'll try to meme themselves into the Omnics and make them so random shit or something.

That faggot's been here before and keeps getting banned.

Can we get a consensus on which potgs are meaningless dime-a-dozen garbage?

IMO getting a potg means absolutely nothing if you are playing:

Bastion
Hanzo
Junkrat
Mercy (Unless Pistol Mercy)
Pharah
Reaper
Roadhog
Torbjorn

depends on what extent they serve themselves. are they actively being a nuisance or danger to me? as far as im concerned everyone but me is a machine made of meat

That is not the omnics' case. Testing social theories does not require the construction of androids- rather, mathematical models, modern computing techniques, and fitting theoretical results to empirical data as is already done in theoretical ecology.

Construction of companions that act as unconditional replacements for social awards is dysgenic, and no different to welfare. It is so that being unable to interact correctly with others should be punished with loneliness and lack of offspring. It is not enough that the good survive, but that the bad die. This is the basis of evolution.

all of it is bullshit, its just webm bait.

I rate a Torbjorn potg if its funny

Not a value laden argument. Your justifications are illusory, and identical to defunct Marxist concepts of exploitation, derived from the pleasure vs. harm of Utilitarianism, likewise untenable.

Last PotM I got:

nigger ants have mastered the concept of exploitation

That's actually a thing? Should be an interesting field.

I guess I just have a thing for making tiny robots each with their own programming and seeing them interacting with each other, the more robots and the more complex they are, the more fun it all is. Having an entire village of the little guys, each competing for food (fuel), water and electricity and capable of forming cabals and seeing how they cooperate (or not) seems like a neat project. Especially to test what a "wrench in the plans" does every now and then.

But wouldn't this be just a mechanism for eugenics, though? Bad partners still try to have offspring and have mates. Some fail and resort to rape which just prolongs the problem while others will settle for genetic trash and thus increase the amount of genetic trash in the gene pool.

What's more, what if Androids are used as a base line for quality? As in, you make them decent, but not too good. Anyone that fails to be as good as the base quality established for the Androids will find no partner since they are a worse choice, but anyone that excels will stand out.
I'm thinking specifically with females in case since most males will settle with literally the first female that accepts their company leading to a decrease in the overall quality of female partners.
Healthy competition from a team that has nothing to win in this competition and therefore no motivation to be the absolut best, just good enough, seems a smart move to increase the quality of partners you find.

link.springer.com/journal/12080

I'm so sick of the wallhack abilities.
I'm so sick of scatter arrows
I'm so sick of all the slows and stuns that take control from you
I'm so sick of Genji and his answer to everything
I'm so sick of Soldier and his ridiculous DPS
I'm so sick of killing a Mercy on the last point and killing the rest of the team only to have her spawn again and revive everyone through a wall because lol 6 second spawn time
I'm so sick of the terrible hitboxes and gameplay that encourages spam to groups in hopes of headshots especially for projectile classes
I'm so sick of waiting 3+ minutes to find a match every time I'm in a group. How the fuck have we devolved so far that getting onto a server and playing right away turned into this matchmaking shit.
I'm so sick of the small team sizes that make it so that if you're not playing with 4-6 friends you'll have randoms that can fuck your shit up
I'm so sick of the same maps that are just a single corridor and a couple artificial chokepoints that every match circles around
I'm so sick of not being able to pick what map I want to play
I'm so sick of sudden death and deciding the winner on a coinflip

How the fuck do I enjoy this game. The more I play the more I get frustrated with all this shit and there's no way to just chill and have fun like in something like TF2 where you could just pick a 32 player server and play whatever because it was such a clusterfuck anyway if you didn't feel like making an effort on a proper server. Here it's all 6v6 so if you wanna fuck around you're ruining it for 5 others.

Play verses Bots. Easy or even medium are good for fucking around.

e sports and consoles are really holding this game back. from what i want it to be anyways.

In what universe?

Ah, I get it now. It's the theoretic field, not the empyrical, ence why it doesn't appeal as much to me. I get the same with Physics and Mathematics since I'm an Engineer, the applied version of those 2.
Empirical results are quite often more conclusive than just theoretical ones (provided the theory behind them is a good one), they just have the disadvantage of being more expensive to test.

However, if you were gonna test how the shortage of a certain resource can or cannot lead to violent mutiny of a population, you could do so with either mathematical models or with an android village. And guess which would look like a cool movie to show your friends?

Listen. Widow is kind enough to tell you when she can see you. Hanzo's a bit harder, but that's his point.
Yeah, Hanzo's a cunt. Stick to open areas or stay behind your tank.
Ain't that many and you can play around them. McCree's grenade is very short range and you can bait him into using it early for an easy kill, for instance.
AHAHAH Shove some ice cubes up that weeaboo ass, fry him with Symetra or beam him up with Zarya. Let's see him get out of that shit…
??? He doesn't really have a great DPS, easily beat by many other characters. Even Tracer's more dangerous than he is.
Plus the time to get there wish is often bigger unless they have a Teleporter.
Don't crowd together. This isn't just about projectiles, it's about explosives and some Ulti's too. Never clump together.
Because the alternative is far worse than you might think, with a lot of problems associated with it that everyone is far too eager to forget. It's not perfect but it's better.
Explore the maps further. There's more to them than you might think, especially on point B.
Gonna be scrapped next season, don't worry.

Chill, nigga. You can still play the game and have fun with whatever role you want. You will likely not win but you can still play it. Those 32 player servers in TF2? I bet you didn't won every match either but you just didn't give a fuck because who was counting anyway, right?
Just have fun exploring the maps and learning how each hero plays out, don't worry so much about winning all the time or doing every role in your team.
Just remenber that there's competitive for anyone that wants to take the game seriously. Quickplay is to fuck around and try weird shit.

Results are fitted to empirical data. It has strong predictive power.

thats just not the same as sneaking by the entire team as a scoot and fish-meleeing 4 snipers in a row standing right next to eachother who despite their lack of awareness were keeping your whole team pinned down. and then walking into a level 3 sentry right outside their spawn that by all strategic sense shouldnt be there, but here it is.

i do miss the absolute ridiculous shit youd run in to. but as your mmr or whatever climbs you see less and less stuff like that. i hardly even run in to mei any more because people are taking the game so seriously.

Grabge.
Dva is pretty great and widow maker is acceptable. I also like pharah and mercy

How is it any fun to fuck around with something that doesn't even know it's being fucked with.

I don't understand how this game will be any sort of esport with all this bullshit. Maybe they'll abandon consoles and tighten up the techinal side of the game to focus on esports more.

In this universe. Group of 4 from central europe about an hour ago in quickplay was the latest 3+ minute queue. Happens constantly.

It doesn't matter if Widow yells that the wallhack is happening. It's still happening and it's fucking garbage. None of those abilities should be in the game.
Scatter arrow still oneshots you if he shoots it at your feet or anywhere next to you no matter where you are.
Mei's spray and field, Mcree flashbang, Reinhardt ult and dash, Junkrat trap, Symmetra turrets. One is too many and that's 7.
How the fuck are you going to fry a genji with Symmetra when he can just use his shift to get away. Same with Mei and Zarya who all have incredibly short range where as Genji has unlimited range and high damage with three shurikens to the head. I'm talking about a Genji that can actually play the class and has half a brain.
I see you've not played Soldier. Consecutive headshots can melt a Roadhog in seconds from full and even kill him through his heal. I don't know what you're playing if you think Tracer is more dangerous. I think it's pretty clear that wrong considering I've not seen a Tracer in competitive a single time whereas every match has at least one soldier per team (rank ~65)
The defenders take maybe 2-3 seconds to walk to the last point on all maps and Mercy revive has incredible range and is up almost constantly if you're doing what you're supposed to.
good joke
I see you've not played multiplayer shooter for longer than a couple of years and even that time probably on consoles. I can't believe you're unironically defending matchmaking over community run dedicated servers. Makes me feel like a total idiot for even responding seriously.
to what end? all the action is around the 1 chokepoint. Why would I care about any of the filler on a map like Hanamura where there's no point in ever looking at anywhere else except the gate on the first point. All that shit around the sides doesn't matter because there's exactly one way in and when the enemy team is in your team has already been wiped so you might as well defend 2nd point. The point with map design is to give a reason to use that ground. You could make a fuck huge map but if you're going to just build one chokepoint and base all action in that one area and not give any incentive to go elsewhere what does it matter?
I've not seen anything that proves that sudden death is getting removed. I saw that one developer say that people don't like and they're thinking about fixing it but don't know how and that they think it works as intended.

The point of 32 player servers was that it was so futile to try and do anything for winning that everyone was just having fun fucking around and to be honest if your team collectively decided it was possible to still win and it didn't matter if one or two people wanted to fuck around. That is literally impossible in Overwatch with only 6 players per team. Talking about winning when I'm talking about having fun is totally pointless anyway since the two have nothing to do with each other. If I want to have fun winning I'll play the fucking game properly and if I want to have fun fucking around I'll fuck around but that's impossible.

THIS JUST IN: SUDDEN DEATH HAS BEEN HOTFIXED

BY MAKING IT SHORTER

THANK YOU FOR PLAYING OUR GAME, AND FUCK YOUR ASS WITH A NAILED BAT

t. Niggard

LOL

i kind of wish pharahs ult was a self destruct, it almost is anyways.

Source?
Most recent patch when I google is from July 1st.

I hope blizzard caves to every infantile demand like the limp faggots they are

Never mind. Game's updating now.

I can see his point from a different angle though, having different languages for friendly and enemy ult callouts makes it really easy to tell who's doing what. The ones that are both in English are a bit harder to remember.

They literally just patched it 20 min ago, check the launcher.

I disagree. It's an ability that gives information back to the team, a mechanic that's far more interesting than yet another projectile for X amount of damage.
Everytime she pops her Ulti, that just means you can't gank. It doesn't give her any edge over a Reinhart carrying his team and it doesn't make it any easier to aim in open field. Literally the only thing it does is help to pre-aim behind walls or predict when someone is gonna exit cover.

Mei, Symetra and Zarya are not supposed to go chasing Genji, he will come to you, don't worry. You use cover and his shurikens don't mean shit. You force him to Shift out, and you won the fight plus the long cooldown makes it easier to kill him afterwards and it's not far enough to escape Zarya's or Mei's beam. You don't chase and kill a Genji, you force him out or kill him if he refuses.

I've played pretty much every class at this point and tried them. Soldier is often picked over Tracer because he's a far more simple character to use, can sustain himself better and has much more burst damage with the Helix rockets. A good Tracer is better than a good Soldier, though.

Here's some numbers: The soldier does 170 DPS while Tracer can do 240 DPS. Tracer can actually kill squishier classes far faster than Soldier can and this isn't mentioning headshots.
What you gotta mind is damage falloff that makes Tracer only deal 60 DPS at 30 meters. She needs 11 or less for full damage, while the Soldier is still at full power at 35.
Tracer does a lot more damage but she's a riskier play. This is why you don't see her so much, she's a liability if you can't play her properly but really good if you know what you are doing.

Stop exagerating. Hanamura alone can take some solid 10 seconds or more between spawn and the point. On top of 6 seconds of respawning, that's 16 seconds of actual respawn time.

Hanamura has a side window you can use, Temple of Anubis has the top Balcony and a quick dash to the side rooms clears you of the chokepoint. King's row has that side building and so does Hollywood. There's no hard chokepoint on Dorado or Route 66 either. Aren't you exagerating a bit? And even misinterpreting what I said, since I meant it during the whole match, not just the chokepoint?

Except for the side route after that tiny window. Except the sniping spot on top of the building right outside of that gate. Except the side route to the right of the gate that lets you get to an higher floor and hit people in the back. It's not the game's fault you can't look past the chokepoint…

It has being said by a Dev that people did not like it and it was seen as unfair so they are gonna axe it in favour of another system next season. They are gonna keep it for now since seasons are reasonably short and this way they can collect more feedback on it.

Consoles disgust me and that's not even a point I'd have to make.

Community servers always lead to the same thing: unbalanced teams. You join a server where the top of the scoretable is at least 20 times better than the bottom. And this goes double for both teams, unless there's no auto-balance in which case the issue is even worse. Servers that are 12v12 end up just being 6v6 because there's at least 6 players on each team that are just cannon fodder. And this is being optimistic, most servers I've played on had maybe 4 good players for each team.

New players get to play on the same server has someone infinitely better than them and learn nothing in the process of dying repeatly. They never get the chance to even practice if they are constantly being spawncamped.
Veteran players have to play with complete noobs. Pubstomping can be fun but there's no chalenge, nothing forcing you to improve yourself. And the few lucky kills the noobs get on you or the usual "I'm alone fighting against 6 people because I'm the only decent player on my team" are much worse.
It's not fun for anyone to be placed in servers with such vast skill differences.

Oh, and pre-made teams. Join a community server and try to have all your teammates on the same team as you, let's see how long that takes you. And afterwards, let's all have a good match where 2/3 of one team are communicating with each other while the other team are entirely randoms. That's neither fair nor balanced, unless there's an equally sized team on the other side. And guess what matchmaking gives you?

Even the old argument of "what if the main server goes down? how do we find servers then?" doesn't hold up since you're still gonna need a master server to hold the list of online servers anyway.

What an exageration… They took 5 or 10 seconds for most maps, didn't changed at all for one and even increased in 5 seconds for Hollywood.

Seeing how you only hear those lines when said by the enemy team, I guess it's not that unreasonable.
Although you do lose in the whole "warning, here comes death!" that was the whole purpose in it.

Yeah, sure. Let's just warn the opposing team there's a teleporter to hunt now. Or even better, let's have her announce to her team the teleporter is up in Indian…

Anything Zenyatta does another hero does better.

Roadhog and Reaper does Dvas job better.

Hanzo is worthless as long as Widow or Soldier Exist.

Compare him to Lucio. Damage Boost instead of Speed Boost is more usefull, more and better damage and single-target healing is better as well.

No mobility, lol
No survivability, lol

Hanzo's sneakier than a Widow and aims faster than she does. He's better at medium range while she's better at longe range. His wallhacks are limited but more frequent.

Soldier does piss poor damage at long distances and his Ulti doesn't clear points unless there's just one or two people there and they are distracted.

The point is that it's already a coin flip for winning the game. Defense autowins SD. And they made it shorter. Lmao

have fun being sub 60 forever

I thought 8af3c7 meant shit like group emotes and pulling stunts. Have you given Custom or Brawl a try?

Yeah, I know. I much prefer the way UT2K4 handles Assault between 2 teams. The second team gets as much time as the first one used when attacking, which means they are either faster or they lose the match. You can easily control how long a match lasts since it's never bigger than twice the time you give to the first team and there's no need for extra rounds.

Hopefully they do something similar to this in the next iteraction, but fortunally KotH doesn't have this problem.

Have fun with your stale sub optimal meta forever. I'm sure Seagull will always tell you what to play next.

How's that a "reasonable suggestion" when the attackers already have the game stacked against them? Overtime is often the only chance they have of winning, removing that just means 100% wins for Defenders.

Pretty sure Seagull knows better than you.

maybe overtime should be less retarded in general

Attack is stupidly easy to cheese, where attack just has to trickle in if they lose a team fight to keep the game in infinite overtime until they can catch a break.
With the point being close to them and very far away for defenders, attack can just queue up as a bunch of tanks + a damage dealer and healer and cheese the fuck out of it.
Defense needs to win every single team fight and more or less get a team kill in overtime to win.

Maybe if overtime didn't reset every time someone got on the point and instead the countdown just stopped at whatever point someone contested the point it would work out better but right now it's just dumb.

Very hard to see, but I brought Reinhardt to about less than 20-30 HP. If I could've just aimed better at the Zarya I probably would've gotten a sextuple kill.

The only characters I very much suck at are Genji and Hanzo. I can be useful with Widow but I haven't played her for some time before she got nerfed, and her playstyle doesn't appeal to me much.

That shitty Reinhardt enabled this POTG.

WHY THE FUCK SHOULD I BE PUNISHED FOR PEOPLE LEAVING
THEY DON'T LOSE RANK FOR LEAVING BUT I DO FOR TRYING TO STICK IT OUT
I FUCKING MAD
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Pretty sure Seagull sucks dicks.
And anyone following the meta because some e-celeb told them too sucks even more dicks.

Except as the payload moves, it gets closer to the defenders side, voiding that advantage.
You think that's a good point? That just means they die one by one while Defense starts pooling heroes on top of the payload and after they are enough, start pushing just a bit back.

From personnal experience, I've never lost as defender and only won as attacker against terrible teams.

Here's something that a lot of people seem to not know.
The longer overtime lasts, the faster it goes down. So while it lasts for a long time at first, after a while it goes down in less than a second.

eceleb dick sucking ruins any 'competitive' focused games
youll have people telling you what to do and who to play when they cant pull their own weight anyways. then the enemy throws something 'out of the meta' at them and they get frustrated when you know how to deal with it and they dont.

they do lose it for leaving

Also, neither team is allowed full rank gain for winning either, though the loser will still lose the full amount regardless. That means that if you win a 5v6 you will only get a sliver.

Why should the people that stay be punished at all for the guy that left.
A guaranteed loss shouldn't make me lose rank at all.

its bullshit but eventually the leaver penalty system will take care of that kind of stuff.
i dont want any part of competitive mode until they fix all this shit. golden weapon skins arent that enticing

because someone could leave to prevent their friends from downranking.

I think that the earlier someone leaves, the less each team should gain/lose at the end. If someone leaves right at the beginning no one but the leaver should gain or lose much at all. Unless the underdog (the team with leavers) ends up winning, then everything is full even if they've been 5v6 all game because they deserve it. If someone leaves right at the end it shouldn't affect anything.

m8, u need higher focal length. that shit looks like u used 30-50mm but u probably need like 100mm or something like that. also, put some lights in there, ffs. make a lightbox so it's easier for quick renders in the future.

maybe even go up to 200, now that i think about it. you'll have to play around with that a bit.

When i play the asian tittymonster i see FEAR in their eyes!

I main Zenyatta and the biggest thing i have an issue with is his speed. Every other support has a movement mechanic besides him. I think if he isn't sending one of his orbs out he should have a 15-20% movement speed increase until he uses one of his orbs.

Well i got Rank 50 for season 1, how shit tier is that?

depending on when they leave, the penalty should be worse. if they leave in the beginning, before the game starts so it just shuts down, they should just get the normal penalty. if they leave in the first 5 min, they automatically lose 2 ranks. if they leave in the 10-15 min mark or in the second half, they should automatically lose 5 ranks. fuck 'em. go ahead and leave then.

Most of the Blizzard forums are at sub 40 / even sub 30.

You gucci.

Do the forums show rank? Because it would be nice to know when the person giving his opinion on a character is some rank 30 shitter.

Nea, they don't, but most people complaining about ranked just threw their cards on the table and noted they were diving below 40 and fast.

Meanwhile after 163 comp games I'm still rank 55. I've been as low as 48 and pulled myself back up. About 50% solo, 50% with 1 friend. I lose with the friend more often than solo.

84 wins, so 51.5% win rate. Seems to me everything is working fine.

I'm the only one that thinks that the voices of LaTam overwatch are better? specially junkrat

Not even a little bit. Also the audio mixing is different, not really in a good way.

Is anyone online?

Post your id's so we can party for about an hour.

Regular players are legitimately trash and do not understand how to play team based video games.

I am very tired of people jeopardizing matches because they refuse to switch off of their waifu/husbando even when they do not suit the situation at all.

kek, its not some e-celeb, its 2 data analysts that play overwatch and collate data of pro matches that come up with the meta at planetoverwatch and gosugamers. Have fun being a deluded scrub forever.

I was testing the depth of field in Blender, but yeah need to find a way to make it look like the drawing as for the light that comes later.

If someone posts a code for a pooranon so I can play I'll party with you all night long baby

To the people who got ranked 55 and below, I am so sorry, you are forever stuck with braindead retards unless you luck out and have a few wins in a row.

not sure what happened there

Shits fun, yo.

POTG is just the server looking at scores and finding out the biggest spike of points. That POTG would have been points from the assists and healing.

I'm pretty convinced level and/or playtime is factored into matchmaking. When I play with my friend who is 100.

This is completely independent of solo/group Rank. We are ranked relatively close together and my personal rank has gone up and down quite a bit.

it sucks, i got the game to play with friends but im punished for playing with them
i hate how this game forces me to take it seriously

Games like that are why there should be an option to kick people and restart the match without penalty.

I'll just stick to quick play for now.
Why would I willingly commit myself to a 5 wins = 1 loss system regardless of personal performance in a game where almost everyone has a 50% win rate?

Following the meta that some faggot posted on youtube is no different than those scrubs that google what's the current best deck for any TCG or amy composition for Warhammer and show up in competitions all with the exact same predictable build.
All they do is manage to make the game incredibly stale and whenever someone with a brain shows up and counters their strategy (because there's no 100% win meta\deck\composition) or just tries a stupid gimmick that ends up winning, they'll complain about how shit's unfair and "you aren't supposed to use that hero\card\unit".

I remenber a friend of mine that played M:tG and made a Triton deck. He went against people with very popular decks and every match was basically: "Okay, I'll do- No you don't." Nobody wanted to play against him after that.

You are talking about levels, levels don't matter for the matchmaking system. Only your Rank for Competitive or MMR for Quickplay. People with less playtime will likely (but not always) have a smaller MMR but I've been paired with people having triple my level and I started seeing lvl 80 and 90 when I was 36 or so.

It's not about winning or losing, it's about against whom you win and lose.
If you get 50% winrate at rank 30, shame on you, if you get it at rank 50% good job.

After being placed on rank 60 and having a win rate of 65% I still ended up two ranks lower. It's literally all about winning or losing because in none of my lost games have I lost any less than a whole rank. It usually takes 2 or 3 wins to get that lost rank back and in solo queue it might as well be a coin flip.

If you have a winrate of 65%, that means you should actually have a rank higher than 60 and I'm sure you'll get there in time.
Honestly, I dunno the algorythm behind this but I find it very weird that winning doesn't net you as many points for losing since most algorythms for this kind of thing tend to be zero-sum between both teams i.e. the points you lose are the points the other team wins.

It's called Sudden Death :^)

new thread