What video game(s) would you say really shaped your adolescence/childhood?

What video game(s) would you say really shaped your adolescence/childhood?

It's a bit generic, but my first console was the N64. Playing Super Mario 64 had to have been the fondest memories I had as a kid.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Euwqd720ZMg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Childhood ? Maybe age of empires. For adolescence, definitely VTMB, that shit got me to git gud at english better than classes ever could.

I'd like to play VTMB some day, but apparently it doesn't like Intel computers very much. Every time I start it up, it crashes.

Jet Set Radio was my first game and it is still my favourite game to this day.

Well the first game I really got good at was Mario Golf when I was 2 for the N64, but after that I started to play Mario 64 a lot and I played better than my parents at the age of 6-8 even though they got all 120 stars then I did myself **it was hell*.
After that a few years of not playing games I started to play GTA VC on PS2 and just fucked around killing people and driving. Somehow I never even completed the first mission and I still haven't to this day because I sold both my copies like an idiot.

I don't know if I could say any one game shaped my childhood. Super Mario Land for the game boy was the first game I ever played, and the one that made me a lifetime member of the Nintoddler club.
I remember spending a lot of time on Banjo Kazooie as well, but I never had a memory card due to being poor and having bad access to vidya, so I would have to beat as much as possible in one go. It went about as well as you might imagine.
Other than that, just N64/NGC-era Nintendo games really.

Age of Empires for me too. My parents never let my brother or me have consoles growing up, so we were strictly PC gamers until we moved out. We must've played so many LAN games of AoE 1 and 2.

Played a lot of The Sims as well. Was always fun to see just what dumb shit I could make happen.

I also played a lot of the old Lego games. Rock Raiders, Island, even Loco. Varying levels of quality, but all of them were fun.

Link to the Past and Ocarina made me stick to Nintendo games growing up and Twilight Princess made me quit them cold turkey ever since.

Tetris. I played it since I'm four and look where I am now.
An autistic mathematician shitposting on an imageboard.

I used to REALLY love cars as a kid.
As for Superstar Saga, probably my favorite game ever. Parents rarely bought me games, so, if i got bored, i used to restart a new game and complete it all over again. I replayed it like 7-ish times as a kid.

Early childhood was pretty much only diablo, late childhood was fear, Stalker and condemned.

Original Half-Life made me want to become a scientist. I went through a whole elementary school believing that scientist fight aliens with laser n shit.

The games like Diablo, Baldur's Gate, Half-Life and Warcraft basically formed my imagination.
In elementary school all my drawings were characters from these games or some sort of mix between them.

Runescape is the one that comes to.mind. spent so many hours of my life on it as a kid and probably still would've been playing if they never ducked it up with that new content.

>Pokemon Sapphire and an emulated copy of Emerald
my first console was a used SNES from one of my relatives, followed by a random DS on eBay that I mostly used to play GBA games

during the 2000s, one of my other cousins had a PS2 that the both of us used very frequently, as their PC was a toaster that couldn't even install Windows XP
unfortunately, most of the games we played on the PS2 were absolute, complete movie tie-in shovelware and other assortments of trash

though there were some okay games every once in a while

This one. It was an awful game, but back in '97 I only had my parent's PC and it was the only real game we had except some shitty edutainment crap.

Looking back, it kind of normalized me to the life I would end up living: unlike the show, nobody talked except while transforming and you never saw another transformer except for the single bosses at the end of every campaign. Everything is hostile, the camera was unreasonably bad for the arbitrary platforming jumps you had to make, and regardless of whether the level took place in a desert, or a city, or even in the skies, there was a pervading sense of desolation and overwhelming loneliness wherever you went.

But as a silver lining, being my only game as a kid, it also taught me to adapt to shitty situations instead of demanding that they be made easy for me or casualized, and because there was no multiplayer aspect, that in this awful game I was the only one I could rely on to get the job done.

That being said, the soundtrack was very good for such a fast cash-in. I still have the first desert level's theme stuck in my head some 20 years later. It captures the game's overall feel pretty well.

youtube.com/watch?v=Euwqd720ZMg

PCfags may laugh, and they will, but Goldeneye set a pretty high standard for me when i was young
It had good music, good enough plot, decent AI, decent art style, bunch of levels with good amount of freedom and bunch of cool guns
Almost no FPS has come close to the mixture it had, other than Perfect Dark, Riddick and maybe Painkiller (Due Sex and System Shock 2 were more of a RPG for me)

Hitman was the same deal but with stealth
Midnight Club 2 did it for me with cars, and 3 is my top arcade racer
The Sims was the perfect dropback game for me, and ultimately decided some of my professional objectives

Still Goldeneye decided my taste for obscure, semi-realistic gritty settings with tough music, but without forgeting its about fun and ridicoulous plot, not storyteling shenanigans with edgy shit

I'd say Soul Reaver.

Use the fanpatch.

i had this game too and that definitely sums up the level design

i don't think i ever beat it since i was lucky and had a bunch of games to play

my earliest gaming memories are sonic 3 and vectorman, then later i got a ps1 and had crash bandicoot and spyro

i am lucky to have not become a sonic/furry autist

I like how you write. You're probably a fat fuck sitting on a puddle of sweat and fermented cum but I'd hug you anyway.

I'll save you the disappointment: the ending is underwhelming. It just shows either the Predacons or Maximals (whichever side you played) killing the other faction, looking triumphant and then leaving the planet, all of it using scenes taken from the show (and keep in mind, this was made years before the series actually concluded).
But it was still one of the most personally satisfying moments in gaming for me. It was a great feeling.

Y-you too.

Fuck off gook.