Hope none of you are excited for NieR: Automata

Hope none of you are excited for NieR: Automata.

archive.is/JPJ7K#selection-841.1-845.191

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/futureispsycho/status/750003553016639488
archive.is/NLA3R
archive.is/mbqqK
twitter.com/yokotaro/status/750110795510407168
twitter.com/yokotaro/status/750110832000774148
twitter.com/yokotaro/status/750110865232277504
twitter.com/yokotaro/status/750110897855565825
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

God fucking dammit.

I am, it's looking like it will be one of the best games of 2016/2017 and none of your bitching or localization will change that. I'll import it if I have to.
If you're willing to give up on this game based merely on those comments that don't even have any specifics, then you didn't care about the game in the first place.

Not all localisation is a bad thing, you know.

It's when you start tampering with literal text and turn it into something else entirely and change personalities because proper translation would be too much work. I don't know more about 8-4 other than they were involved in Mighty Number Cashgrab.

Also this is a huge opportunity for anyone to make a localisation company with the motto "True translations, no memes or unneeded changes".

8-4 is fine if the devs have a tight leash on them. Considering they did Revengeance, I wouldn't be surprised if Saito was partly responsible in making sure translation went smoothly.

Xenoblade Chronicles X
Fire Emblem Awakening
Azure "die cis scum" Gunvolt
the botched version of Xenosaga Episode III without blood and fully written scenes
They're cancer.

Didn't Treehouse do awakening?

I have that speck of dirt level of hope that they pull a Nier again but then again it's a speck of dirt. Anyone gonna question Taro about or it it out of his control and more on Squeenix?

WELP, time to learn moon

When it's 8-4 localizing a Yoko Taro game and justifying it with "there’s a lot of concepts or ideas that only really the Japanese audience would understand", it definitely is.

Did you click the link?

Nope, they did Fates which turned out somehow worse and even more changed than what 8-4 usually does

I met mostly the whole hiragana/katakana "This word is read as this but said like this" puns and type of writing. It's nigh impossible to smoothly convey that into other languages that don't have relative verses, but I digress.

8-4 isn't that bad. They did Dragon's Dogma and I think all of the MH games since Tri. The amount of games they've completely fucked up is much smaller than the amount of games they've done a good job on.

I'm biased though, I listened to their podcast on GB for like 2 years. They seem ok aside from the GAF dicksucking.

There has never been a Japanese game with a story that wasn't incoherent shit.

8-4 alone would have just been a red flag, but

He's already pretty much admitting we will get fucked with a different experience from Japan. I can't wait to start drawing conclusions based on details that don't even fucking exist in Japan because 8-4 doesn't understand nuance.

What kind of concept is so alien we can't even understand on the west? Aren't we all bound to the experience of being human? One would imagine people playing Yoko Taro games would go the extra mile to research concepts if they're confused and extra weirdness would be a plus on a game like this.

Wow user, watch your language, you just said like 20 curse words. Check your edge.

All this changes is that I'll have to import it

We need game fansubbing.

Oh, that's just fucking great.
I think we should warn Yoko Taro about it. Create an infographic with every bad localization 8-4 has ever known and inform him.

Thank god, I'm happy that a group of people care so much about a localization that they'd believe a game with a demographic of adults wouldn't be able to handle a cultural difference.

this

:^ )

Thank god, and here I was worried I might have fun with a contemporary game.
I don't want to learn nip, goddamit.

Reeep
Enjoy your latest fad script. Maybe some NPC will "get hype" too

the original NieR is a great example of a game that would have been irredeemably fucked if it got a SJW translation, so yes, this is worth paying attention to at least.

No SJW would be able to understand NieR's story at all and they'd just meme it up

If that is too much then at least force 8-4 to list the changes they made themselves instead of leaving it up to the fans.

The people who buy this game have a right to know how butchered the script is and if it comes directly from the horse's mouth maybe it'll dissuade more people or at least put the spotlight on all the apologists.

to clarify, any story about human emotions is not something you'd want SJWs to try to translate

they don't have them

The original Drakengard is a great example of a game being fucked by its translation.
The dialogue and characters were neutered

So much for the only reason to buy a PS4.

ha ha I love stale me mes in my nippon games

On one hand, I am only really interested in Automata because the gameplay looks fun, but on the other, I understand that the first game was pretty damn good in the story department. Hopefully it doesn't go bad.

If you're worried that much, make some noise.

But 8-4 did the original NieR translation

Btw. there isn't gonna be a seperate yuro translation, that one might pick up, right?

They translated NieR fucking good. However Drakengard 3 was a mess

Didn't they add a tranny to be so progressive.

Bannerlord

Understantement, that shit was straight up rape.

Hermaphrodite to be precise. Just as it was in the original script. Barely noticable (or even hinted at) in-game though.

You dumb. I cant remember her name, but the female companion you have actually is a full on futanari in the japanese version and in the english version its buried under tone and in hard to find dialogue. If anything they made it more pg.

Never played the game, I just remember gamergate complaining about 8-4 and adding progressive memes like trannys.

I don't even have a PS4 (it's exclusive, right?) but.. not even sonyggers, obnoxious as they may be, deserve the butchery about to happen to this game.

Like, holy shit, I feel sorry for anyone who wanted this & doesn't speak moonrunes. It's fucking dead on arrival.

Kaine is a futa (not tranny) and it's actually a pretty significant part of her backstory. No, I'm not fucking with you.

You are thinking of Azure Gunvolt adding tumblr pronouns

Different game I believe. Like many anons said, they did soome good translations, among them MGS Rising Revengeance and the first Nier, but they've been piling up on shit recently.

Coupled with Squeenix' current trigger happiness I don't have high hopes for this.

The gameplay will probably be shit

Definitely Neir they where complaining about.

God forbid I run into something I don't understand. God forbid I learn something new and achieve new understanding by interacting with a medium that many refer to as 'art'.
And I'm sure 8-4 got the localization because Squeenix got some large money guarantee from them or they were the cheapest localization studio.

People struggling to have hope for this & say 8-4 won't butcher it are forgetting IT'S THE CURRENT YEAR.

Localization groups are infested with SJWs now; meritless (often quota-related) parasites have taken hold & expanded their influence through cronyism.

Can't be worse than the original or Drakengard, honestly. Even if it's Zelda tier, it'll honestly be much better. Plus, most people play Yoko Taro's games for the atmosphere, story, and music. Your next line is gonna be: "The only thing that matters is gameplay!"

I fully expected this, and, to be honest, I'm past the point of caring. As long as the game isn't raped like Fire Emblem Fates was, I don't care.

Not trying to be an apologist, but 8-4 has done SOME decent work, namely MGR and the first NieR. Their most egregious offenses were with Drakengard 3 and Nintendo's games. 8-4's localization seems to wildly vary in terms of quality, both in terms of good and bad. I'd say it's best to just hope for the best and expect the worst right now.

Besides, I already experienced the worst localization with FE Fates and Bravely Second. Anything that's not as fucked as those games is an improvement and, to be quite frank, Nintendo of America is going fucking crazy these days with localizations. I have some hope that this won't be as bad as SMTXFE.

It looks like "Nier: Normalfag Edition".

Fuck this gay earth. They missed the point completely.

Not him but the only thing that matters is gamepla…
What?!

The original had bad graphics though. They tried to mask it with copious amounts of bloom, but all that did was destroying my eyesight.

It also had shit gameplay, fuck you. I love Taro games, but he hasn't made a 'good' one yet.

Its part of the original. Taking it out would have been censorship.

name one good localization change FUCKING ONE.

You love walk simulators dont you?

Why where they complaing about it then in the gamergate thread?

Xseed adding male strip scenes done by the original artist in the Akiba's Trip localization

that should be your first clue

Probably because 90% of the people in GG threads are literally retarded

someone make a petition

we can make this big

nope

I remember when localization = translations.
Good times.

So nine people?

Tell me with a straight face you enjoyed the combat in Drakengard

The only thing I've seen GG complain about regarding Nier is the fact that they changed to main character completely in the west

‘As for localisation, the team working on it is called 8-4.

They actually changed a lot from the original script to fit the different regions. That’s because there’s a lot of concepts or ideas that only really the Japanese audience would understand. And so the localisation team really went in and made it so that the English native speakers will really enjoy the game’, he adds.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
NO

I too wish I could live in Neverland.

I enjoyed the combat in Drakengard.

This is also not true

"Translators" weren't always pushing their bullshit into their work, kiddo.

So if 8-4 does somehow fuck this up on a level similar to FE fates, and when sjws do get laughed/gasses out of the industry, could we somehow petition all these jap companies to rerelease their games with a proper translation? (Xenoblade x, all NIS games, FE fates, possibly neir 2 and persona 5)

What did you like about it specifically?

No it was both Gunvolt and Type-0 where they added "Xe" pronouns where they didn't belong.

He went from being a Brother to a father in the west. Then released father DLC/a re-release in japan

So unless you personally are an incest baby, that's a pretty big change

You're right, religios fucknuts did. Don't you try that revisionist history shit on me, 'localization' has always been a problem.

No, it hasn't.
Source: countless of translated games that don't have 'translators' changing original script to push their political views.

Oh boy, you've done it now

Shit, so it's like today? There are countless games on the market right now that haven't been tampered with on a political or tumblr basis, guess that mitigates all the ones being fucked up right now. Kill yourself you fucking retard.

8-4 also did the translation for the original NieR aside from Drakengard 3 though.
I can't predict how much will be fucked up, but if they use that given freedom to change the intended experience and mood of the original script to something else, then we're screwed.

Which games' script was "tampered with" in 80s and 90s?

They were both released at the same time in Japan, and Gestalt was designed from the very beginning specifically with western audiences in mind

Nothing was ever changed, they simply didn't localize the alternate version

Of course the shit localization studio that's infested with SJWs is also filled to burst with hypocrites.

So they gave us half a localization, that's just as bad.

You mean never?

Nope, try again, you can join the other fucktard.

You're spouting bullshit, user. They just didn't bring over Replicant.

Ever heard of Working Designs? Again, kill yourself.

Lot of 90s nip games were censored to remove references to Christianity because it might offend people back then.

One defunct publisher is all you've got?
Truly, grim times. I remember when Planescape Torment had its script changed to appease people.
Oh wait.

You know nothing

user stop talking about shit you know nothing about. Replicant was simply never brought over.

Great job, m8. 10/10 bait.

The only edit that is bad is a nigger.

Huge difference between "wasn't a problem" and "never happened", genius.

People are more vocal about it now
Of course it wasnt such a big problem when barely anyone knew the changes they made.
And still we are getting worse ones now than back then somehow.

This hasn't happened yet, and it's unlikely such a relatively obscure series like NieR will change that. The best option we have so far is Play-Asia petitioning Japanese publishers for English subtitles in SEA-region releases, and 8-4 may still worm their way into that market since they're physically in Japan.

Nah mate, this shit was rampant back in the 90s. Maybe not for western CRPGs, but you can pick any amount of JRPGs and fill books writing about the changes, ranging from character ages to entire story arcs.

Fuck, my Nipponese composition is shit. Any suggestions before I send this? Would help if someone had an MP4 version of this I could embed.

@yokotaro
:( 8-4はクソ翻訳業者. 日本語版と英語版のドラッグオンドラグーン3はまったく異なる.

They removed the ability to be a girl in Baten Kaitos 2 because they were lazy fucks.

This shit drives me up the wall. Grammar experts have said numerous times that in a situation where gender is not known or apparent that assuming male pronouns is what you should do.
Fuck SJWs, stop ruining my video games!

This is easy since its so dumb. Just tell square they made a spelling mistake since most people are probably thinking the same thing. If you freak out over it then you are just gonna push people that might sympathize.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

I think my outlook on life is working. "never ever have hope for anything".

It's not even that hard to rewrite the text and avoid pronouns entirely.

and what a surprise no one does anything, you'll bitch and moan about it but you'll still buy it regardless, repeating the process over and over again instead of raising a stink about it. Even if you don't buy it it'll still sell anyways, you guys are pretty hopeless

I hate them too but I must agree.

Wouldn't it have to be in Japanese?

Yoko Taro teaches me the true meaning of sadness.

fuck off shill

Well is trying to do something. I'd assist, but my webm to mp4 converter is fucked and my Japanese is still to shit to help.

I'd suggest emailing SE telling them to reconsider, but we've seen how that's failed in the past with 8-4s previous localization's.

I was never going to play it anyway. Fuck consoles.

Thank god for PC mods

If you truly believed in nihilism shill, you'd kill yourself.

fuck me.
hopefully they'll be an Asia release with eng subs.

Wait, it's getting a PC release?

Thanks 8-4; now I know not to buy Sony hardware.

Yoko Taro poster here once before.

Can we get his attention?

I told the piece of shit not to use 8-4 in twitter long time ago but they did anyway. Fuck him and his shitty games.

He was only here for one post. You'd probably have better luck voicing concerns in simple English to him via Twitter. That's how the jew in charge of this dump got him to drop by in the first place.

It probably won't do any good, this kind of decision is made by the publisher.

Just import it. Why bother with degenerate localisation anyway ?

How so? Played the jap version and then the undub and I didn't see anything particularly scandalous about censorship.

Only when sales tank because of "localization" is this business model feasible

Yurop has American culture now. Don't like it? Too bad, anything an American academic says will be transplanted to Yurop and you can't do anything to stop it.

English literacy was a mistake.

You're going to need to be REALLY fucking good at Japanese to understand the Japanese version.

But if the Asian version is getting it's English option done by a different team however…

FUCK FUCK FUCK

Is the PC version of gunvolt ok? I know the 3ds version was going to get the localization fixed apparently.

Having the character names in Street Fighter II changed but thats really it.

Well shieeet.

I'm probably going to import it, but not being able to understand what's going on is really shitty. I don't blame people for not wanting to buy a butchered version and not importing because they want to understand what's going on.

I agree that it looks incredible, I just finished ending C on Nier yesterday and have been super excited for this game, but seeing 8-4 managing localization kills me.

As a nihilist, I will say it's not about "nothing matters, I will cut my wrists now reblog" but rather "Eh. I'll just chill and enjoy life. Nothing is worth losing sleep over"

There are few things that bother me nowadays and I love it.

Anyway. What are we going to do about this? Twatter campaign? Mass emails? Info graph for Taro? All of the above?

I just checked the thread and no one is complaining about it. Someone is baiting you.

Nobody said they were complaining about it right this instant

When were people complaining about it then? Everyone knows the character is a shemale. It outright tells you after beating the game.

or you need pet jap who will agree to hold your hand and lead through the game.

I can't deny the holocaust but at least I can play videogames.

Should I buy the first NieR on PS3 ? I've seen quite a lot of shilling for it here but no real mention of the gameplay.

Is it good ?

I hope it turns out okay.
8-4 also handled the first Nier for S-E and it was extremely damn good, and their work with Platinum on MG: Revengeance was very good too.

Please, let the 'A-Team' of 8-4 (if there is one) handle this game, please…

Yep, just like Shenmue 3, KoFXIV and Death Stranding no matter how much Sony tries to hide it.

Denying the holocaust is a criminal offence in france too?

There's like 5 employees working at 8-4 according to Wikipedia. I doubt that's enough to seperate into an A- and B-team.

And in russia. And in a ton of other countries.

Yes, a Professor in a prestigious french university got a year of prison for denying the 6 trillion and had to flee the country.
Wrongthink is a litteral thing here.

But about the first Nier ? Does it have good gameplay ? How long does it take to complete it ?

I really hope this starts pushing Asia region to make more dual lang releases. Phoenix Wright 1 on DS came out in Japan as a 'remaster' with dual language support, and they attribute part of the sales of it to Japanese wanting to play in English.

Neir is clunky, but it has soul. Its more of a 5-6/10 game. Make sure you play it multiple times.

It's spreading, too.

It's a simple hack n' slash with magic support abilities that you can remap as you like on the shoulder buttons. It's pretty short for as a game in general, not just RPG standards. What stretches it out are the grindy sidequests that are optional.

Here's a guide for what sidequests suck for grinding and I didn't find any problems with it on my playthrough. Don't be afraid to look up where items are, since the game is pretty vague. If you're deadset on doing as few as possible, just do the ones that reward you with a weapon.

Mein Kamft is being sold out every time its put on shelves.
Google it, its fucking amazing

I thought germany was the only country suffering from that shit.

Nope, Europe is truly cucked, but people are starting to fight back.

FUCK YOU
I'm off to learn fucking Japanese. This is the last fucking straw.

We're breaking the conditionning.
The thing is that in France if you tell us not to do something we're going to do it.

I was telling people this from the get go. Just import the Japanese version and use the US guide. These are games that really shouldn't have anything changed in translation or a lot of the story will be lost.

tbh, that's the "revised and edited" edition

Thankfully my country has an heavy history of fighting against mudslimes and even most commies are conservative to a decent degree
Only teen idiots will defend them and even then many are against them.

You sure?
Where can one obtain a non edited copy?

Right here.

shitposting on the internet isn't fighting, either raise up in arms or go extinct already.
breivik was the only man who did it right, and did anybody step the fuck up to support him? no, everyone cowered like fucking rats and let him go to jail.

what are you gonna do? vote for trump? vote *country*exit? you think voting does jackshit? if whites weren't fucking cucks this game wouldn't have been ruined, now its shit. i hope play-asia does their own translation…

Thanks my aryan brother.

You can add Italy to the list, the law passed last month.

Defeatists are the worse cucks there are.

Just learn Nip already

Could someone give me some images that serve as proof of the terrible localization that Drakengard 3 got? I'm gonna tweet Taro and hope for the best.

Danke

Read the thread

That Type 0 fuckup was the last straw for me.

Images fuckboi, I want to keep it simple and I want to show him his own work being bastardized so that he can understand, I'm also not sure if webm's work on twitter.

These aren't in the thread.

That's not from Drakengard 3.

people will buy the game anyway, so why should yoko give a fuck?

Because people will stop buying his games and not give him the credit he has earned today if he willingy(or lets publishers) lets motherfuckers take out the most interesting parts of his game

but i just said people will buy it anyway, like they did with DOD3, are you stupid or just can't read?

READ THE THREAD NEWFAG

Here we go again.

FIRST TOKYO XANADU

NOW THIS?

MY RAGE IS INFINITE AND ETERNAL

Which country? Spain?

Glad to know I'm not the only one mad that Aksys is the one bringing it.

People like me gave the excuse that square enix just rushed the team on making a game.

Now that taro had an Enix E3 spot and platinum games helping them develop, he and square has no excuse to not listen what what makes his games great and rush out a product like last time. And if they do that again why bother in buying taro games then?

NONE OF THOSE ARE FROM DRAKENGARD 3 YOU DOUBLE NIGGER

Portugal

I apologize for my mistake, theres hardly anything as far as images go.

I'm fucking vivid, I was expecting XSEED to bring it over and instead we get fucking Aksys. Talk about a major let down, now I'm worried about Ys VIII, they're probably gonna give that to NISA.

I know there was some good images and infographs around about Drakengard 3, I had them but sadly my main tower died and I lost all of the stuff I didn't backed up.
Eu não me consigo chatear com outro herói do mar

Close enough. In Latin America we're taught to look bad at the crusades but we secretly adore deus vult shit + we're aware of muslim degeneracy.

Aksys isn't THAT bad, my issue with them is that they block you on social media if you so much as say anything remotely negative about them. I got blocked for saying it was a shame they RT from kotaku.

Then Aksys is also bringing Bad Apple Wars and thatCube thing game and Takahiro Sakurai is on both of them. Fuck my life. Idea Factory already has an international branch, why can't they bring their own games?

WHERE
HOW MUCH

Explains the name 8-4. They reduce the content by half.

Whats so bad about aksys they ported the ZE series just fine

I've had enough of this fucking industry.

Don't you want dank memes user Kappa Kappa Kreygasm :^)
Embrace the meme Kreygasm Pogchamp
Sourpls
DADDY PLS GIVE ME MEMES FEED ME MEMEEES OhMyDog Kappa

Every.

Fucking.

Time.

normalfags aren't going to play this game, why the hell are they trying to appeal to them?

Any Nier fan is going to know it's japanese and learn accordingly.

this, it's gonna be the next D3

FUCKING DAMMIT SHIT CUNT FUCK BALLS MOTHERFUCKER

Well then, maybe I can put off buying a PS4 for even longer now.

Then you're pretty fucking new and not qualified to speak about them.

Tell Yoko Taro at @YokoTaro you don't like 8-4.

Here's a tweet in Nipponese telling him about it you should boost

The pictures shows 8-4's shit work"

twitter.com/futureispsycho/status/750003553016639488

This is how they keep getting away with it you fucking idiots

Having the Japanese dub as limited edition DLC pissed me off enough to not buy the game at all.

I hope you didn't seriously expect any better from our population. This place has been barreling downhill all year long in terms of quality.

Maybe try a dedicated forum, you might find something.
Quando é o que vai ser o nosso referendo?

Hopefully it stays that way

No OP, I wasn't interested.

i thought taro was too much of a madman to allow this

It's just another turd on the pile.

To be perfectly honest, it was pretty fucking garbage. I don't know if it's down to the completely unnecessary personality changes, the entire script in the first place, or the horrid fucking gameplay and framerate, but it was just a slog. Even more so than the first game.

Only good thing about D3 was the OST and the last boss.

Keep in mind that 8-4 localized the original Nier, Dragon's Dogma, Drakengard 3, and Metal Gear Rising.

I'm not going to react immediately and assume the localization is going to be garbage. They've got a good track record that's been damaged by some of their later jobs. I could say the same for Platinum, really.

E N D M E*

I want to shout "Outrage!" but have to say this is a fair point, in all accounts.

Kebab removal is in our blood.

Quando a mama acabar, ou seja, quando a EU já estiver morta e enterrada. O nosso governo, Grécia, e afins não têm interesse em referendo. Bruxelas é a mãe de todos os tachos.

Yoko Taro can't into English very much, can he? How much can we expect him to understand?

You're damn right I do. Fuck that bullshit.

They also added that stupid DOOMP joke in MGR, replacing a perfectly translatable "springboard" joke.

Why do translation companies keep insisting on this lie? Have they yet to learn the majority of people playing these games may in fact already be aware of these concepts? Do they honestly believe normalfags will ignore this game because of content they will never see unless they experience it?

But I guess we shouldn't be surprised I mean any time a Yoko Taro script is translated they change shit and make it less like what Taro intended

If the rest of their games had had the same quality localization as Nier, I wouldn't be so worried, but look at their latest record track.

I'm not getting my fucking hopes up for a wild card that does more bad than good and that doesn't seem to care for the original content these days. I figure I have enough time to learn moon enough to at least understand what the fuck is going on in the Jap copy of the game.

How often is this a thing? I recall hearing the new kirby game had an english option for Asia.

To be fair, their last four games were Mighty No. 9, Xenoblade Chronicles, Neko Atsume, and Gunvolt. It wouldn't be possible to salvage the writing for any of those games with even a good localization team.

No they don't, they're all shit.

There's already a Nipponese message you can boost.

Stick this in the gamergate thread if you actually want anyone to see it.

Baten Kaitos Origins (removed ability to play as a female, who knows what else), and Xenosaga Episode III (What didn't they fuck up?) were their first works and they fucked those up wildly. I'm sure if I go play Mario Tennis: Power Tour (Only thing I need is a dump of the English text) they'll have fucked that up wildly (Already know they changed the main character names from "Ace" and "Clay" to non-tennis pun names for no reason)

I haven't been able to find anything, I'll probably try sending it with a embed video.

O nosso presidente, Cuck II, não vai deixar que haja um referendo, ele o próprio já admitiu, mas para ser honesto seria muito difícil sairmos da UE já que estamos a ser amamentados, mas vamos ter de sair algum dia.

Removing kebabs is well within our blood and culture, a few still remain true to these traditions.
He was a real human bean.

Well, i hope he read his twitter.

Most japanese can read english pretty well, but not spell, he can understand simple message.

>He can't learn Japanese

You enlightened, fedora wearing bullies. It's not my fault I am an average retard person and can't just learn a language while I take a dump.

Go play your waifubait VNs and off yourself please.

Is there any sliver of hope that someone in 8-4 knows the charm of Taro's games are the unhinged characters and general batshit insanity? Can they somehow influence the translation into retaining that quirkiness?

How hard is it to get a localization company started up anyway?

EVERY TIME, WITHOUT FAIL.

they ruined drakengard 3

they will ruin Nier: A

there's no hope for this fucking hobby anymore.

I actually don't recognize that show. Source?

To be fair hate crime accusations in Spain can be used to whatever political purpose that suits you more.

You say something about ETA? hatecrime. You say something about the church? hatecrime. You say something about women? hatecrime. You say something about homosexuals? hatecrime.

Time to boot up those emails and tubes.

What's their mailing address and email address?

And a real hero
Good luck with that redpill guy.
Eleições realmente são nada mais que um concurso de popularidade, a piada é que os comunas e universitários da esquerda é que votaram nele maioritariamente sendo ele do PSD

taro should check if those japanese concepts and ideas really are that hard to understand for non-japanese people. it would be insulting if its just some generic shit most are aware of.

the joke was you still had to deal with the shit localization in form of english dubtitles PLUS some scenes had no subs.

konosuba ova

See

Holland too.

Oh, I have seen that show, just never the OVA. My bad. Thanks user.

That's all fair and good but most nip devs are imposing SJW bullshit changes on their own market. Sorry to say but this won't go away on its own.

Parece que o Juncker está a planear um novo esquema - dissolver a CE e fazer um governo europeu. Vêm o UK a sair por causa da perda de soberania nacional e decidem fazer double down na ditadura federal. Nós e o resto dos pobrezinhos vamos fazer fila para alinhar, é claro.

Não havia grandes alternativas para PR. E verdade seja dita, é um cargo meramente representativo; único poder que o gajo realmente tem (dissolução da AR) nunca é usado porque os merdosos no poleiro atiram sempre o bitaite da "instabilidade". O cretino do Cavaco cedeu ao Costa e ao resto dos meninos porque estes começaram todos a bater o pé. Que puta de democracia!

Do you guys remember that clover game that came out back '06. I thought it was a great representation of Greek mythology.
Had the game covered any other foreign mythologies my puny gaijin mind might of been overwhelmed due to the exposure to literally anything slightly different from what I know. So I'm really glad to know 8-4 is looking out for me and my feeble mind.

Fuck everything

I played a few minutes of it at my friends house when it came out, but I'm not Greek so all the references to their mythology made me cry and start shitting uncontrollably.

I'm not, it's a ps4 game come on.

This one us a bit difficult because she's speaking English and with EBG subs it'd look dumb if Hanabi couldn't understand a language she herself is speaking. Granted, it looks stupid but there's not a lot you can do when cases like that happen.

If the game had Spanish subs, for example, Shiki speaking English wouldn't be a problem.

Man I just hope they pick the same people that did NieR, there is definitely some clear connections and it would help to keep the people who are already aware of this universe on the work. Facade's king is now a robot.

Até sairmos da EU ou termos alguém com vontade de sair da EU o nosso voto não vai fazer grande diferença infelizmente. Os presidentes da EU é que vão gerir as leis e força-las.

Existe algum sitio bom onde se pode discutir politica Portuguesa? Eu estou a ficar para trás nos acontecimentos, as vezes desejava que existisse um thread geral em Holla Forums mas pode não haver lusitanos suficientes para isso.

Despite this very convincing PhotoShop work, you spaz, Okami wasn't changed much.

That's why noone except you, me and probably three other people bought the game, and why the studio went down.

Had their changed boring generic Amaterasu into a strong black transwomyn fighting a giant albino phallus representing white male supremacy they would have gotten more sales than Minecraft.

At least the French dialogue is accurate.

Konosuba

That's the one who dressed in a kirin set ain't it?

My God that's more makeup than human right there

I wasn't trying to imply the game was changed much, in fact the exact opposite was implied

i'm surprised that you're surprised

think it is.

They did something similar with Bravely Second. Magnolia speaks English in the Japanese version and none of the characters understand her. But when they localized it, she spoke French and the subtitles were also changed to French. It's an odd one to try and localize.

we need more despair in this thread.

Didn't 8-4 straight up delete sections and entire sub-games of Fire Emblem Awakening because they didn't like them?

I know they axed the multiple personalities for the MC option. Now there are only 2 (male and female)

THey also removed the ability to play as a girl in Baten Kaitos Origins for no reason.

Awakening was 8-4, Fates was Treehouse.

ALRIGHT FAGGOTS, OPERATION SAVE THE GAME

I have Yoko Taro added on Facebook, so I was thinking we could cook up a message (remember the rumor that jap devs are starting to include english subs on their games?) in here and find someone who can translate it to japanese (so there are more chances Taro will actually read it). We can include that 8-4, but I'd be pretty fine if they added english subs on jap version so I could just import it.

Thoughts?

Only if we can do it one word at a time.

HELLO

It happened in Okami, too. Waka speaks in English in the Japanese version but it's changed to French in the English localization. It's difficult to localize gratituos English to an English-speaking region, the bilingual joke gets lost.

Yeah that'll be great. Half way through the fucking email of garbled nipspeak we can just have:

この この この この この

I’m sure we’ll get our message across.

How

The message in

is usable (Note the final bit is about the pictures)

sony always wins, nintedont cant handle thees fresh hot memes 😂👌

Hey that does sound good, just write something about how fans are worried about the localization considering 8-4 newer works, the real problem is just finding someone nip-savvy willing to translate it all.

What about mombot?

I can post a rough draft here but I'd like someone to look over it and make the message more coherent and persuasive.

Who do you think would translate them? It would still be 8-4 because they're based in Japan.

You're really proud of that tweet you made.

You poor souls. 8-4's co-founder is a Neogaf mod.
archive.is/NLA3R
archive.is/mbqqK

What a mess.

Fucking kikes. Im not even surprised.

It's a tricky one but at least they tried. The game's a real puzzler for localizers as there's a lot of puns, misunderstandings, pseudo speech impediments (Daidoji's story) etc etc.
Meanwhile, the localized Sengoku Basara completely ditched Masamune's Engrish.

Sinceramente, não faço ideia. Tenho acompanhado mais a cena global por causa da Europa estar a ser zerg rushed por kebabs. Do nosso lado, tem sido sempre mais do mesmo, típico governo socialista no poder - promete dar tudo e não cortar nada mas, no fim, não dá nada e corta tudo.

nonsummerjack is such a fuckin' cocktease

I wanna fug that boat

To play Devil's advocate, a bigwig from Faceberg helped Hulkamania run wild on Denton's ass.
That said, all the signs in this aren't the pleasant type.

Full nudity never ever

Nice dubs, but this meme needs to fucking die. They barely translated Nier since it was already english in the first place. All they had to do were text boxes and the story sequences, and even SJWs know if the tone suddenly shifts during those sections it's going to look fishy

at least some of the shoots are suggestive as it gets

Isn't that a provider for video game cheats and hacks?

Do it then, hopefully someone here will get a look into it.

Took me a moment, thought that was a CG.

lets ask him about the changes. that statement in the previews describe it like a really big chunk of the script has or will be changed. and while he can't drop 8-4 now at least encourage him to put some pressure on 8-4 to stay on script because they are at their worst when they are allowed to temper with shit.

Motherfucker.
How do you know he's a mod, though? It does say "NeoGAF elder," but that's not enough to know he's a mod there.

For some weird reason, I really want to see her nipples. It's not about lewd but about something what is hidden. Underwear/swimsuit thing.

Can't I just import the Japanese version of the game and put English subtitles on?

Mods have red text in their user name.

Why on earth do you think the Japanese version would have English subtitles?

PTchan /dis/?

Nada de interessante o mesmo de antes com outros bancos, PS conseguiu 50% da TAP, e não muito mais além de promesas

Bravo, user. You just had the stupidest post on this board.

FUCKING STOP THIS

Do you think we would care if that was an option?

Post the tooth

OK, anons, let's get to work.
Let's create an infographic to warn Yoko Taro about 8-4.

From this list, which games were butchered and which games were localized without controversy?

if it was that easy we would do it every time

In all honesty, many would care because many audiences/userbases can't read, many of those coming from mainstream splinter cells that are quite not into niche
The cinema industry famously does this, remaking perfectly fine movies because they were in non-english, and remaking them exactly as it is to boot (Old Boy, Girl with the Dragon Tattoo)

read my post

This is a good idea, let's try getting someone who can DM Yokotaro directly to send it to him as well

Don't know. She's the only one I know who speaks moonrunes.

If someone has an English text dump for Power Tour I can check that.

Xenosaga 3 and Baten Kaitos 2 were pretty fucked over.

That one had controversy around it

WEW

I recently got a game they worked on. Time to bow my head in shame.

Fuck that stupid nigger.
The octopus, the bloody octopus.

Já tive lá, dá para discutir mas está bastante morto, infelizmente

u didn't rike it ?

WORDS THAT KILL

Yoko tweeted!!!!!!!

twitter.com/yokotaro/status/750110795510407168

twitter.com/yokotaro/status/750110832000774148

twitter.com/yokotaro/status/750110865232277504

twitter.com/yokotaro/status/750110897855565825

There's a new thread going.

You remind me: I need to rip the ps3 blu-ray, and distribute it, but have yet to buy my m-disc bd-burner

THIS IS IMPORTANT

I was in the junk heap and I beat a boss. The ghost brother robot hybrid, and now the living brother is gone. Did I just mess up my game? I can't upgrade weapons anymore.

Did the Japanese voices even cover the DLC chapters? I pirated all the DLC and it didn't seem to, but that could just be a glitch.

That wasn't just fag Nier?

Related.

Hell is here.