Shit games you wish were good

Post shit games you think have a good potential, setting, etc. and you wish were improved.

Other urls found in this thread:

gamenguide.com/articles/31321/20160704/spider-man-ps4-news-the-game-will-be-open-world.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

MGSV

Shit combat.
Shit boss fights.
Shit control scheme that can't be changed.
Forced RPG elements.
Big empty worlds.
Story meanders forever before quickly closing up.

I can at least give some praise to the Guardian's theme

Indeed. One of the few redeeming qualities about this game was its soundtrack.

Mass Effect's world has potential.

Daikatana is a neat concept.

Final Fantasy XIII could have been a cool world.

Warframe
Dark Void
nuDoom
Quake Champions
HAWKEN
Tomb Raider remake
Dawn of War 3

sigh

A shit stain on an otherwise incredible series. Thank fuck Super was excellent.

Mad Max

tfw mech games with cockpit view are basically dead

It's a shame, 2 was so great, Second Son could have been amazing. Instead the multiple powers seriously holds the game back, the story and characters are awful, and side missions and exploration are pretty much completely killed off.

Nah, it's a great game. The combat isn't great and the RPG elements only really serve to let you destroy the game if you want to but the dungeons and atmosphere are top notch. The overworlds have plenty of side areas, extra dungeons, and other stuff to find in them. Story is meant to jerk you along and not give you perfect clarity about what you're doing. There's a reason why Death comments about not knowing what he needs to do after the final boss fight. It doesn't really matter because Death going on an adventure through all the different worlds and dungeons is far more interesting than the actual story.

Never had a problem with controls.

Spore

Brink

This had so much potential if they hadn't tried to make a TF2 clone

What a let down. You can't even customize your mechs BAD WORD I mean titans

That was a fine game.

Also V
I found movement fun even if I am shit at the game

Thi4f.

It's an ok game, but a bad Thief game. They should have dumped the old franchise ties to avoid offending fans, removed the Deus Ex movement in favor of freer play and dumped Erin and it'd have been a solid title.

Destiny…

Monster Hunter hasn't been good since it left the Wii.

Why is it so bad?
I played a bit in a friends house and even though the controls are really different to the first games, dicking around with the powers was fun, but fuck using the "touch screen" to absorb powers.

It gets old fast because you only ever have access to 1/3 of your powers at a time and you'll never want to use Smoke again once you get Neon because Smoke movement is incredibly slow compared to Neon and Video. Switching is too much of a pain because you have to specific power sources and you shouldn't have to go out of your way to drain something to get access to a different part of your moveset. The side content they put in is awful and just a boring grind of the same side missions repeated too many times and finding these moving drones which the game gives you the location of on the map. It still has some decent gameplay at its core but it just doesn't do enough to make itself an interesting game.

I didn't have any problems with the touch screen, though. It's just another button. The way you absorb powers still felt wrong compared to 1 and 2, though, I think it's necessary to complete the absorption in SS to get any decent amount of regen whereas you regen at a more linear rate in 1 and 2. And not being able to get out of it early just feels bad in general because it's less control.

For what it's worth First Light definitely had better gameplay because they had a character that just had one power.

I'm curious what Sucker Punch is doing right now because as far as I know they haven't said anything at all and it's been a while since First Light was released. I think they might consider themselves a bunch of enlightened hipsters who are above fun these days considering the logo change.

How was it possible to make such an interesting setting and make a completely shti game out of it?

The entire Killzone franchise.

I LOVE everything about those games except the games themselves.

The whole space-Nazi thing, and how they're actually justified and almost even the good guys, how they got absolutely fucked at the end of 3, which created a cold war situation in shadow fall.
How your side is portrayed as a power hungry Jew-state.

The Killzone universe is fucking great.
Shame the devs didn't give a fuck.

Kratos is the real bad guy

Neon is garbage for combat, and Smoke is garbage for movement, while Video is better at everything. Haven't beaten it, but it is somehow a huge step back from 2, and even Festival of Blood. I miss Zeke and Cole.

Did they ever REALLY explain how the conduits still exist? Cole killed ALL of them, even the unawakened ones, at the end of 2, so how do so many appear in the 5 year gap between games?

Also, Sucker Punch is doing the new Spiderman game. Looks neat.

"You need to play God of War because it's going to get you laid."

Insomniac's making the Spiderman game. No idea what Sucker Punch is up tp but I've heard there were layoffs after Second Son and First Light.

Even if Second Son was as awesome as inFamous 1,2 I wouldn't drop $500 to get a ps4 for just one game. Since it's shit I feel a lot better missing out on it.

GoW 3 was more gameplay, grafix, and set piece driven.

If I wanted story, I'd play the PSP titles.

If only they had let us play as the helghast.

You are correct, my bad. gamenguide.com/articles/31321/20160704/spider-man-ps4-news-the-game-will-be-open-world.htm Couple of neat things, if they really get it looking as good as the E3 demo during gameplay, i'll be a happy man.

If you like robots, PS4 is the place to be. Super Robot Wars, Gundam Breaker 3, Gundam G Generation, all in english. I'll shill as hard as I need to, this shit needs to be known far and wide.

The first one was a great foundation for the game and then they fucked it all up.

>for the game series

Second son still hurts me, its arguably one of the prettiest looking games made, the game play is so fun but everything else is so shit. Support characters that only show up for 1 mission, are they taking the piss

bad games should be good games instead. things would be better

Daily reminder that this game was made by Platinum after MGR, and Nick forced their hand to not make anything cool due to "budget reasons"

2 was alright, it really did make the character moments better, but it cut nearly all the choice out of the gameplay, as well as changing all the basic gunplay and power usage.

That shit looks like shit even at a concept level, its a bunch of random ideas and styles mashed together with no coherence and annoying characters and world and story, I don't think it can be saved.

thr last killzone game at least had you play as a helghast that stopped the holocaust to end all holocausts.

The devs are listening, each came completely justified the actions of the helghast while the ISA looked like the red army raping and murdering all in their path.

I liked 2, but as you said the games an improvement in certain areas like story and setting and a step down from the exploration and customization the first game offered. While it is a good game, I know it's success led to the development of 3.

oh i dont know how to fix it, but id like it to have been good. i say that without having played it
i just want the assfaggots genre to continue to change, im kind of disappointed stillborb and super monday night combat turned out the way they did.
you arent going to out-dota dota, and i dont like dota at a technical level but i like the concepts behind it.

If we got 2, with a more open world and better power usage, then 3 would have been a bang-up sequel.

The DLC missions in 2 were pretty good 2. Especially Overlord. If you go back and listen to the AI in the early missions, you can hear the kid's screaming early, if much more distorted He should have gotten an appearance in 3, maybe leading some Geth Troopers against Cerberus. We got all the worst callbacks, like that stupid fanboy, who was only in 2 because they accidentally locked the choice into the Renegade option.

oh sticker star

Because Capcom. 'Nuff said.

Can someone tell me why people keep saying Second Son is shit? It's not nearly as good as 2, but I say that largely because of the length. What is there is still really fun. If it were as long as 2, or if First Light were just part of the main game (which would increase its length dramatically as First Light actually has a decent amount of content for standalone DLC), I would say it's just as good as 2, maybe even better.

Oh yeah the story isn't nearly as good either, but good enough. I'm not playing InFamous for the story.

And that online ARG thing you can do should have just been fully integrated into the game, because now I fear the day that it will disappear forever, and it was actually pretty fun.

Lightning was better than any of the new powers. Neon is garbage.

But all the powers were pretty much the same, including lightning. The combat operates like a third person shooter with better movement mechanics. That's the premise of the series.

Fallout new vegas

because if it was good it wouldnt have been a waste of 13 dollars

Darkest Dungeon. Perfect setting, excellent writing aside from the shitty ending, fantastic art, wonderful atmosphere and music.

The gameplay, however, is absolute shit. It combines the worst aspects of rogue-likes with the most tedious aspects of RPGs. It's a game with RNG built on RNG on top of even more RNG. Every loss is accompanied by a massive degree of grinding to regain your lost progress. You can't actually win, but even a minor setback can result in hours of tedious grinding to regain your footing.

Even a fully maintained, maxed out character can be killed in two actions (a crit followed by another crit) without giving the player a chance to react.

The art's so freaking good I've taken to using hero and enemy models for my tabletop campaigns. The bandits are especially useful- they each have a different kit so my players immediately know if they're going to get close or keep their distance.

MGSV (dumb story, dumb characters, but great third person shooter)

Mass Effect 3 (obviously)
Making the Illusive Man the bad guy was dumb. IGN's Battletits and Steve "look at me I'm gay" Cortez served no purpose.
PC version is a disgusting console port (even ME1 looked better), shitty textures, they got rid of most visual effects (lens flares, bloom) and gameplay mechanics: can't holster your weapon so you're forced to aim at everything, the journal is in the same menu as the codex so you can't really see the new missions.

I don't know. I feel like the soundtrack was a pot-pourri of stuff that Jesper Kyd made/suggested for Assassin's Creed but wasn't picked up by AC's production.

smartphone app.
Greatness awaits

The game is as bad as the show. Only redeaming thing is the soundtrack.

This needs to be good.

Oh, also, stress, which was sold as an inventive mechanic that would impact your heroes in interesting ways, is just a second health bar, but one that's harder to reduce.

Early Access and player feedback really fucked this game up, the early betas were actually fun.

The early betas were sparse in content and we could expect more, more that never came. All they added was more grind and nerfed shit that worked.

The early betas were fun because you could have fun. The game wasn't trying to bust your balls every second of every run and totally ridiculous builds (like an all Jester party or The Long Crusade) were actually viable and fun.

They added more grind to disguise the dearth of content. They should have made the world involve one huge, mappable dungeon that you slowly fought your way through, one room at a time.

Instead of separating dungeons, you would make them all part of the same edifice. The Manor would be the starting point, but would breach the warrens deep within, open to the Weald at the edges, and contain the smugglers cove inside. Killing bosses would permanently purify sections of the dungeon, making them safe to traverse and exploit. Unpurified areas would naturally attract more enemies to clear once again.

Then you'd have a tangible sense of progress.

You just don't have access to as many powers at the same time. And it's a sequel, we should getting new and more interesting powers, not the same exact stuff.

Using different sources of power was a fun mechanic though. And the movement was vastly improved. I'd say the general layout was as well. The fights utilized verticality much better than the first two games, for example. There's really no way I could say it was not better than the first game, at least.

Never cared for the soundtrack tbh.

But yeah, the writing is shit. The two things I got into this fucking fandom for was the smut and the writing, and I've met/RP'd with people who do that for fun, and they can write better stories than an entire writing team

It sucks, man. TLA was actually pretty good, and to see a successor to it sputter and die is sad

Different power sources only served to limit the gameplay. You have much fewer powers at any one time and it's a pain to switch. You also pretty much never want to go back to Smoke because it's so slow and you're constantly moving and being able to run away quickly to regen is actually pretty important for combat.

While the movement is faster, it's also extremely simplified. Hold circle or repeatedly press circle to go wherever the hell you want with Neon or Video. Only limitation is that you're a bit of easy target if you're going up a very big building. Movement in the other games is much more interesting because they actually make you care about what objects are in your way. The city also feels extraordinarily small in SS, though with as little side content as there is maybe that's for the best. This is another reason why simplified and easy movement isn't the greatest. 1 feels like it has a much larger city than any of the other games, regardless of whatever measures you could come up with to show the games getting progressively "bigger".

THERE'S JUST TOO MUCH TIME CANNOT ERASE
Fuck everyone who bitched at them to make it a Metroidvania

The only possible praise I can think for Battleborn is that it try to something original by combining FPS and MOBA together in a possible attempt to get audiences from both those genres to play it.

It turns out that audience may be non-existent or just sticking to the games of their separate genres . . .

Watch your fucking mouth you fucking cunt.

Don't forget the final dungeon gimmick.

Everything you regarding Destiny is bullshit, they didn't restart development, the game was a giant mess from the start and the voice actors had been there from the start as well.

We got what they managed to shit out and I'm baffled as to why people keep playing the game.

I played it for awhile but taken king just ruined it.

Well I don't know if it's just me, but the combat feels much less satisfying than in the first and second game. The only power in which combat is fun is the video power, smoke feels powerless probably because of the effects and sound, and neon just feels weird. Though, I really like fighting with neon, going fast to close combat and using the light-saber like attacks is fun. It's even more fun in video with the big sword, who actually feel like it has an impact compared to smoke.

I really miss lightning, it would have looked so cool with Second Son's graphics. Especially pic related

That's because the first two games combat encouraged players to be creative with their powers by rewarding them with extra EXP for comboing their different powers together or using the environment to take out enemies, SS removes all that and simplified the combat.
It doesn't help that all the powers are the fucking same, the devs missed a golden opportunity to make all the powers in this game unique but instead they all have a melee attack, ranged attack, grenade attack(except concrete and video has invisibility instead), rocket attack, dash power, hover power and a giant AOE super move(except concrete because the devs either ran out of time or stopped giving a shit to give that power its own super move)

(Checked)
Do you want to know the reason why user? the BloodBorneStation needed more exclusives to justify purchasing it

this.

also gothic 3. i so wish it didnt suck balls.

Warframe.
Dear god warframe.