Replay Value

What are some game you could play over and over forever?

Other urls found in this thread:

tetrinet.info
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Quake III

:^)

Satan has shit taste.

Dwarf Fortress.

That's a good answer, actually. Anything with a large element of randomness or very high skill ceiling should have solid replayability.

There's a few others that people above have mentioned

DOOM, obviously.

Seconded

I've got over a thousand hours in Undertale.
It's alright.

I love Morrowind and Dark Souls, but could you really "play them over and over forever"? I can only replay Morrowind every few years, and I doubt either has enough content to sustain more than 10 long playthroughs without getting really autistic about it.

Mount and Blade is a good answer because it can be modded so intensely.

DMC3/4 and the first two Sly Cooper games.

Levelling up efficiently tickles my autism so I can do it over and over again.

Good choice fellow anonymous man

They never get old

There are very few games that I default to, unfortunately. I find myself playing CS:S way too much these days (more specifically, playing the Crackhouse map over and over) when I don't know what else to play. Souls games are another series I can comfortably play, but I wish I'd feel more motivated to play other stuff.

lol

I love Chaos Theory. The best and last good Splinter Cell, imo

Mercs: Playground of Destruction is a fun albeit kinda dumb game. I miss it. I'd play it all the time when I was younger.

Tell me summerfag, why is that a problem?

I knew you were baiting libcuck.

You were the one baiting, cuckservative.

SC1 is better than SCCT.

Sam Fisher looks retarded in Chaos Theory.

Once you figure out the secret technique, you could just play tf2 forever.

Keep one of every weapon and craft the rest?

You have to play tf2 the same way an old man goes to fish. Just set the game up, get some music or whatever and go brain dead for about 16 hours not thinking about anything or really paying attention to the game all that hard.

That sounds like how I played it.

DOOM. I don't know how many times I played that.

So keep one of each weapon and craft the rest?
That's kind of like fishing.
But it's a hat instead.

does it hurt?

I did that too, years ago. At this point I just let all the shit collect in my backpack until there's no more room left. Then I just craft it all into refined and repeat.

no, but it doesn't feel good either.

Pandora Tommorow was pretty great too.

Any game with a good modding community
MGS2 and 3 (always discover something I did not previously know on each playthrough)

My nigga

my Nigga

Morrowind. I must've invested 2000 hours into the game since 2012.

STALKER CoP is great too. There are so many ways to finish the side quests and the achievement bonuses are fun too. A short, but satisfying game.

Crysis, Postal 2, and Jedi Academy are the only non RPG games that I can play over and over again.

Jurassic Park Operation Genesis is extremely comfy. The mods and fan made dinosaur species are plenty, the ini files are very easy to edit, you can play this game forever.

Really? Morrowind has a lot of substance, it was made to be played for a long time even without mods. On the contrary, you've got to be autistic to play boring sprite based shooters with limited weapon selection and physics like Doom for more than 1 playthrough. I don't even have enough patience to finish it. Even with the mods, it's still a boring sprite based shooter. The mods aren't fun either.

Dark Souls is a fun game for the first levels of the game. The rest really sucks ass. There is a a lot of design quality inconsistency in this game. Some of the bosses are good but the rest are gay. You should just stop playing after finishing Anor Londo.

It's a fun shooter, but a very linear one. I don't know how you can play it after finishing it.

Skyrim sucks. Fallout 4 is more addictive.

worms games, especially armageddon

Damn straight.

As for my choices–aside from the aforementioned, pic related is one.

Soul Calibur 2 and Bloody Roar: Primal Fury are two more, for me–they are each the best of their respective series, if you ask me.

DF

I forgot to add that while ToS (for the GCN, mind), as the solid game that it is, tops my all-time list of best RPGs, ==it has no sequel.==

Forgot to put the red text on its own line.

This is what happens when you lurk far more than talk.

Shinobi 3.
I one replayed that game 4 times in a row while laying in my bed on Xperia Play.
Also Hotline Miami.
I once shilled this game to my friend and he got bored and fell asleep on the bed. While he was taking a nap, game was pretty much beaten.

Nice

Summer is hell.

Using the summer meme to make a trivial point robs it of a lot of power.

Those are good games but your opinions as to their longevity of experience are shit.

Been playing that game for almost 30 years and I don't see myself stopping anytime soon.

Also, HoMM3 and Dwarf Fortress.

CoD4
SP is still fun to play once in a while and that nuke is still a nice moment even after dozens of playthroughs
MP is still alive and kicking
many interesting and fun mods

inb4 pleb taste

Sandbox games are basically the most obvious answer

How can so few words be so very wrong?

No, classic roguelikes are.

Is that actually decent? I figured it was just a generic Binding of Isaac clone.

>homm 2 but 3 is good too

And many more, I just rotate between weeks of playing only one of those

memes aside I love tetris but the only good version I know is a gba game, do you know anything good for pc?

this is the only one.

The NES versions were pretty good from what I remember, but it's been decades.

My eternal brother

I played RE4 for over 2,200+ hours, and played every version of the game but the next gen version that's coming out. and I don't plan to
Insanely fun to replay.

Metroid Prime is so fucking fun to replay. Still have yet to 100% that game because I always miss a scan that's only available once.

I feel like a horrible person every time I lose a Starcraft game, but it's so easy to just find a match and play I can't stop.

I would play Project M all the time but no friends

what makes for good replay value to you guys?

i know for me it means minimal fucking fluff and all exposition and story is skippable on replays. the popular trend of in-game exposition via forced walking to listen to npcs, or standing in a room watching people talk fucking ruins replay value right out the gate for me, and in some cases the entire damn game

Games that let me explore areas in the order I want, and at the pace I want. Games that are big, but not so big that it becomes a slog or kills the pacing. A game like the original Mass Effect is a good example.

Also, for me, there's a sweet spot in game size. Big enough for the world to feel large, but small enough that I can explore and remember every nook and cranny.

see that's funny cuz mass effect would be incredibly low on my personal replayability scale due to the amount of dialogue in it

I like dialogue-heavy games. I'm replaying L.A. Noire at the moment, actually.

yeah that one didn't stick with me either, i liked the last arc when you changed characters though

I liked the homicide desk the best, even though it got a little tedious waiting for the characters to figure out that all the murders are connected.
Also, they just cut an entire desk, burglary, so they could fit the PS3 version on one Blu-ray disc–even though the Xbox 360 version comes on 3 fucking discs (4 if you get the GOTY version). What a horseshit reason to cut content.

undertale

that is absolutely soul crushing

here's your (You)

cheers

TGM is extremely high skill if you're a crazy nip
Tetris DS is probably the best for most people, emulation on it is pretty good.
Puyo Puyo is better though

Well, the first official version was for the IBM PC… The one on Tetris.com isn't bad, actually. But you can just play the NES versions in an emulator. Both the Nintendo version and the Tengen version were good. There's also a PC version with online multiplayer: tetrinet.info

Iji always relevant, watching the 2 factions fight each other never gets old and the guns feel great to fire

Now if only it would run well on newer operating systems.

syndicate… but only on amiga, I blame my nostalgia

Nullpomino is fantastic.

HL1 multiplayer.

Nigger you best be playing the jap version.

It's pretty good. The gameplay looks similar to BoI, but it has several more mechanics and has a story locked behind the gameplay, unlike Issac which has a nonsensical story.

I like Spyro 1 da best.