See how machine learning is helping us tackle gender bias in movies

https: //www.google.com/about/main/gender-equality-films/

Looks like the are still working on that internet policing AI.

I smell bullshit.

Fucking hell…when was the last time she was even in a movie or television show?

The more "equal" societies become, the more people make choices based on their biological instincts. Norway for example has more female nurses and less female engineers and scientists percentage-wise than Iran.

She was in The Exorcist tv series this year.

Marjorie Prime 2017

I meant the "37% back in 1984" figure.

This, too. She's had a very steady career in TV and film. I haven't seen much of it, but I don't deny it exists.

Lol, let the machines come. They don't lie. Thelma will be super pissed when she discovers all the gender bias is actually in women's favor.

Man, it's been so long since I watched regular tv. The last thing I remember was a short-lived sitcom called Geena and then some role in a White House drama…which might not actually have happened and I'm just remembering it wrong.

I didn't deny it existed, I just really haven't seen any mention of her for a long time so I was asking. I remember when she dropped out of Hollywood to train as an Olympic archer, but I don't think she made the cut.

saw this earlier today and it pissed me off. The conclusion they try to make is "if you have a woman lead or co-lead you make more money!" Two things I'm willing to bet:

1. They saw they used the top grossing non-animated movies of 2014 and 2015. Of course I can't find this list allegedly made by Variety and they don't list it in their study or their website.

2. How many movies in the list of top grossing have a woman either having sex or exposing themselves. Surely this would ruin their feminist piece.

It's literally just basic statistics. There's more variability when you have a small sample size, as we did back in the early 80s when computer science was a very young and small field. The larger the sample, as in the modern era, the more data points you have, and the closer to the "true natural proportion" you get.

And keep in mind that this is DESPITE all the pro-women-in-science propaganda/programs/scholarships/quotas that have been implemented. And it's still only trended down.

How weird would it be to know that your gender was explicitly being social engineered out in the open like this? To know that the people you saw in movies were put there for the sole purpose of directing your life choices?

If someone could combine these two images, that'd be great.

NEVER WORKS!

Not hard to believe, although I would have thought the peak would have been earlier, before the 1980s.
In the old days, (circa 1940-50) pretty much all computer programmers were women. They were assisted by mathematicians and physicists in implementing their algorithms, and by electrical engineers whom maintained the circuits. This latter group were mostly men.

that's because those old-school vacuum tube computer programmers were essentially equivalent to typists. Which was a profession dominated by women.

Only dumb brainwashed kids would have a tv figure as their #1 action figure anyway.

tommy,tammy both have their little profiled taste dolls sent into space made by focus groups and marketing teams.

why not a favourite stone or something?

Because that would not be marketable for google TM

They're so desperate to cling to the idea that their movies don't suck because they suck at making movies that they will throw money at anything.

Because if it doesn't happen in make believe Jewland it isn't real? How fucking dumb are Americans? It's just child tier bullshit, day after day. Looking at Drudge these days is like reading the National Enquirer. Serious burgahz, uncuck your shit and start burning kikes.

In my day Stretch Armstrong, GI Joe and Barbie drew lots.

typists or telephone switchboard operators

Now we know how the Tumblr Trannies feel.

Yes, as of the current year.

It's true. 1983 Geena's small firm titties make me breathe funny.

Of all the things that grinning shit-monkey ever did to make me angry, giving that giraffe-necked muz all that glory for b8-in-a-briefcase really roasted my potatoes.

Mere kikery

Authoritarianism is ok when Google does it.

kek

I can just imagine a judge in a court of law giving ratio on what is "mere kikery" and not full kikery.
We need to meme this.

1. They didn't built it, their father or another male relative did.
2. A helium balloon is not a "space ship"
3. 101,000ft is not "the edge of space", in fact it is not even half way there, air-breathing aircraft have flown much higher.

They didn't write the programs they were entering.
In the same way as a telephone switchboard operator doesn't decide who is calling who when she routes a call.

This seems to be more the beginnings of a social engineering and marketing AI. But from what I'm seeing all it did was provide statistics and they only showed the findings to the industry. Another problem is that it only considered film information without factoring external social, political and economic factors (as in general trends on markets) as well as prior marketing efforts. Not that impressive until the AI itself can actually tell you how best to engineer and market your product based on knowing society's health and mood at the time.

The real conclusion they'll eventually reach if they did that is that propaganda itself would have to become a tailored medium for the individual, instead of attempting to normalizing it on all mediums simultaneously. Then it's a matter of slowly steering individualized exposure to lead everyone to the same path.

Every AI they create becomes "racist", which is why there is next to no development in AI, besides new ways to censor what the AI thinks.

Typical shitty planning by females. This story is fucking retarded.

The twist is the ai wont be a true ai. Itll be like saying my calculator is an ai.

I would bet this drives scientists and programers crazy.

Where were you when nazis saced the world from skynet take over by preventing it?