Starting to back into RPG's

God fucking dammit I don't know why it's always RPG's. They could be action RPG's, JRPG's or just plain 'ol New Vegas but I fall asleep at my desk.

lots of rpgs require people be in the right mind set. You might want to try a high energy game instead, something that keeps you focused and constantly thinking.

don't play RPGs

It's weird, I'm playing Puzzle Quest 2 and I'm fine. Slightly boring, but I'm not falling asleep. I'm not even playing a warrior class, I'm a rogue using poison and waiting it out.

No.

I've been playing through dark cloud 1 and god hand. Dark cloud isn't really an RPG, but it's not exactly something that's high energy, as such does get to be absolutely boring after some time. God hand however becomes difficult to put down.

fatigue with some games is a very real thing, they either lack excitement, or punishment, or just don't scratch the right itch. I really do mean it, try something very fast and challenging, you may find yourself hooked and much more engaged.

i feel like rpgs have lost all meaning

people have been saying this for like 20 years, you need some new material.

Trying to claim a video game can be a RPG is folly already.

Maybe you have narcolepsy. It shouldn't take some special stimulation to avoid falling asleep.

It's more like some special stimulation that causes me to fall asleep.

Stop playing vidya at 2am

Play Stalker instead.

It sucks though. You're just trying to fit in you noble, dejected young man.

When the combat in rpgs get monotonous to me I find myself falling asleep to them as well. I don't play them much anymore.

Nah, you're just a summerfag.

but that's wrong, you ebalu blyad

i haven't done that since i played a really boring game

Liked and upboated!
Excellent blog post, bro!

The solution is to stop playing boring games.

dragon quest thread

I'm totally new to the series, but I've been playing DQIX for the past week and have been really enjoying it.

I've heard from a few people that it was a poor choice for a starter in the series, but I'm having a good time. I don't normally play JRPGS, the only other one i've played was Chrono Trigger (loved that though)

I've just arrived at the desert town with the lewd queen.

Question is, what are some of the top notch entries in the series I can go onto after I'm done with this one? I know they are pretty varied, tons of spinoffs and that. I'm up for any of them, slimes, monster taming, whateverthefuck. I love the toriyama monster designs, just dig the whole aesthetic.

To be honest, all main DQ games are good. Yes, even the MMO entry.

You may have some problems with the first titles… because, well, those are quite old, and you can expect some of the usual quirks that games from that period have, but nothing the SNES remakes and emulators can't fix.

Most of the fans agree that the worst entry is IX, followed by VI, so if you are having so much with IX, looks like you are going to shit yourself with the rest of the games. The best entries (said by fans) are III and V.

I recommend you to start playing the very first game after IX and see if you can handle it. It's pretty short after all.

I, II, III -> SNES
IV, V, VI -> DS
VII -> 3DS
VIII -> 3DS (for extra content) PS2 (for better graphics)

fucken sweet. thanks user.

Also if you enjoy the first games, consider playing the first 2 The Legend of Heroes games, the combat system is pretty much DQ on steroids.

It sounds like you've been cured, OP.
Good work.

I was sleeping.

Fuck.

You might be narcoleptic lad
Get it checked before it reks you

Congratulations. You have narcolepsy.

I've been playing Arcanum recently, and it's pretty good. It's definitely flawed, but reasonably shows what it was reaching for. It's a Troika game, so unofficial fan patches are a must. If you've played Fallout, then the feeling and brokenness shouldn't be too much of an issue.

The main problem is don't raise your beauty too high. There's a good chance of an overflow and inhabitants will loop around and instantly attack you.

maybe you should try jacking off every half hour. its what i do

RPGs just make me horny.

How the fuck can you fall asleep while actively doing something unless you've been up for over 24 hours? Get that shit checked out before you fall asleep at the fucking wheel.

mate get checked for sleep apnea at a sleep clinic

my dad couldn't go 15 minutes into a movie before falling asleep. Sleep apnea.

Imagine it like microstutters in your sleep so you never actually get a full nights rest

also it might kill you

Oh FUCK NOOOOO.
I meant cured of horrible taste in video games, faggot.

RPG's have always put me asleep my whole fucking life.

Be sure to play only S-tier RPGs.
RPG is an ambitious genre because it's story-heavy, and it demands dedication from the player to get involved in it as well with the characters' development and grooming.

So, if you're in a shit RPG that you can't bring yourself to get invested into, you'd better drop it altogether - it's not a game for you.

That's why you need to look for the "Great" ones if this genre isn't even your niche, because your brain will not waste time with something that you don't find worthy.

Play MonHun if you want an exciting ARPG. The Generations demo just went up not to long ago and I've been having fun with Aerial duel blades and Bushido longsword. You can probably get a feel with this or the 4U Demo.

Talking about shit taste, this whole post is an excellent example of ADD.

DQIII for old faggotry
DQVIII for babbies first
DQV for FFVII of DQ
DQIX for the black sheep with interest split down the middle of the fanbase
DQX never ever
If you find that you enjoy monster raising, there's a spinoff series that focuses on that.

Also hope you're emulating DQIX since there's a bunch of content suck behind the DS internet being down.

I think most would call 1 and 2 the worst with 6 being a letdown.
I've seen just as many defend DQIX as there were detractors.

How do people do it. I want to enjoy it but theres like zero brain activity involved whatsoever.

everyone who's doing this is, is doing it wrong
You're supposed to have a show going on a another screen or listen to a podcast or some music or anything
t. expert grinder, I'm grinding while I type this

Try playing Breath of Fire Dragon Quarter.

I've been in a RPG slump and decided to try it even with the mixed reception it got.

The game requires a lot of attention and planning for fights, and does some really unique things.

As someone who has played X and VIII, along with IV I don't get what the fuss about IX being bad is. Why is IX considered so weak?

play strategy games instead

The people who have an issue with IX is because its content and party set up (with only recruits being near end game or post) makes it feel like an offline MMO and its story being kinda weak. There's also the fact that they thought having DQVC items and whatnot tied to servers.

I hate how you could only have one save file.

The localization was also dogshit, but then again that's pretty much par for the course since IV

Also its great when they suddenly throw you a curve ball and it suddenly does get intense

you have ADD bro