Why'd this game get such shitty reviews?

Why'd this game get such shitty reviews?
The levels are creative, the shooting is fun, there's a large variety of guns, the executions are awesome, and the controls are for the most part very precise, the interrogation control is fucked on PC but that's the only big problem I can think of, along with some of the guns feeling weak and the story being endless cameos of other heroes.

Fuck if I know
It's probably one of the best shooter in the PS2 IMO, right behind BLACK. I love the interrogation mechanic, it gives you advantage or Easter eggs for interrogating the right enemy, (example: on the Russian ship level, there is a guy you can interrogate who will then give you his flamethrower, but if you let him get there he will put it on and attempt to kill you). And the bosses where not bad either fuck you jigsaw you flying piece of shit

Also it's kinda weird that the environment interrogation is way more gory and cringe-inducing compared to the environment exectuions

I just know the boss battles weren't that great, but I loved the game otherwise. Shame we won't get a more "expanded" Punisher game.

Marvel has turned Frank Castle into some emo faggot anyway. The only good Punisher games will be this one and the arcade game from Crapcom.

It came out when soccermoms where shitting on GTA.

Ah yes, the time when they were using conservatives to push the young and moderates toward the liberal camp.

What do you expect?

Do you even know who the punisher is?

The PS1 spiderman was better

Who cares about 'reviews'?

I don't, I'm just curious why "Critics" disliked the game. I'm gonna guess it was due to the violence but I don't know.

Also, how does Frank pay for his massive arsenal?

Don't play this game if it got bad reviews.

Always trust IGN.

Never doubt critics.

Always believe what they say.

The ending boss fight was fucking atrocious, I replayed it like a month back everything was good expect for that it left a very bad taste aftertaste

In the movie Punisher : War Zone, he has a friend nicknamed Micro who secures weapons off of baddies and reformed baddies through trickery. As for how he pays for them, who the hell knows.

I actually really liked how brutal that movie got. Didn't Titus Pullo explode someone's head with a single punch?

Yeah, but in the 2004 MAX run he blows micro's head off. Does he scavenge money off dead gangsters? How the fuck does he feed himself?

fuck off

drug money he steals/sells

The Punisher wouldn't fucking run drugs you dummy.

Better not be talking about Enter Electro because that wasn't half the game the first was.

No, the one with the symbiotic Doc Ock and lots of marvel cameos

Hello?

How dense are you fags

If the publisher doesnt pay up the reviwers always shit on the games

Gaming journalism is a scam

My negro. I had almost forgotten about this game, gonna have to go back and play it again.

Spiderman 2 is best you fucking pleb.

That's the good one.

Drug MONEY. You know, the stereotypical gym bags full of bundled twenties?

Castle would ambush traffickers and buyers, destroy the drugs, take all of the cash, tech, guns, and ammo, and leave burning corpses for the police to sort out.

Stop being wrong. It's not cool.

The movie was OK but I think Tom Jane's Punisher was better.

Costume design, for fucks sake.

Ah yes, that game.

Usually takes money from the various gangs he destroys and buys better shit from a illegal gun dealer.

Jane's was perfect even if he wasnt mr Beef Mchuge space marine, he actually had some character the newest one lacked.

Though isnt the new version sort of more "faithful" to actual Punisher atleast in terms of looks?

Also cant forget 1989 iteration, havent watched it in years but man late 80s action flick with Dolph Lundgren… i cant be THAT bad.

That one was shit. It was as if they blew their entire budget on the opening scene and ran on fumes for the rest of the movie.

To be fair, all non-comic Punisher stuff usually gets influenced for better or worse based on the times. The Dolph Lundgren movie wasn't great, it felt mostly like an 80's action flick instead of a brutal war on crime, but it had some cool execution moments.

Tom Jane's Punisher came out during the shadow of the SpiderMan movies with their "OMG THIS SCENE SHOULD BE FUNNY BUT I JUST SAW UNCLE BEN DIE TEN MINUTES AGO" nonsense (Which is why that movie was so dissonant with the death of a whole family and the Opera lip syncing scene). But, Jane's Punisher felt like a real person, and Castle wasn't just the guy who'd shoot up a place then leave. He had essence in his killing.

Ray Stevenson was the most authentic Punisher in the sense of action and post-revenge motive, but the movie went a very safe route.

Daredevil Punisher is okay in every sense, but has a damn good monologue in like ep 6 or so

Shitpost aside, the gunplay was decent the guns are pretty satisfying and the executions / interrogations were all pretty good and gives you bonus points. I like that they give you loadouts each mission, though neat in practice you will always run out of ammo if you use the weapons that's not used by the mooks. Why do critics gives it a shit review? Beats me
Maybe this is the same case with godhand

Try playing a fresh save of spidey 2

I invested god knows how many hours, but with action games evolving the way they are spidey has not made the cut

I've been playing Shattered Dimensions recently. I really don't like how it controls, webs and whatnot aren't as fluid as it should be and the combat isn't that interesting at all.

Man I really had hoped for a modern PS1 Spiderman game but instead I get this? At least the humor's nice and the whole four spidey's gimmick is a cool idea