What would it be like to have a pet pokemon?

what kind would you keep?
what kind of care would it need?
given that it still keeps quirks and behaviours from pokedex, what would life be like with them around?

i want furries to die painfully

kind of like this

Most of the anons here will probably get their waifumon and just live with them for the rest of their lives

Probably a Goodra or Delphox because they're intelligent and cute, Delphox probably able to fully understand you

i live in the middle of a fucking desert, i would get an ice or water pokemon

Half the board would have sex with it and most of the rest would pretend they don't.

Probably just like having another person around, except they're a different species. Diet would have to be specially made for their consumption, certain moves or sizes of pokemon would likely be restricted by law in some areas.

If they can understand complex concepts if you're going off the anime logic, they could be held accountable for their actions, facing the consequences of whatever laws would be established for pokemon. The world may even try to advertise crap to specifically target pokemon.

I wonder what steel types eat? Possibly iron ore and the like? I always wanted a large-ass iron snake lounging in my yard

I bet they just eat poffins.

The anime shows that every pokemon is able to understand you, they just can't talk back.

I doubt that they have to eat metals all the time, since weathering is the only way They'd lose metals,maybe they eat regular food and eat metal to grow?

*maybe they have to eat regular food like other pokemon, only eating and using most of the metal they eat to grow physically.

That's animal cruelty, you sick fuck. Get a fire type.

Plenty can talk telepathically though, not even restricted to psychic types as well, lapras is one.

Like pets but they might kill you.

Starting to think that aint a good idea fim-fam

I think I remember reading a Pokemon manga where it was focusing on people who kept Pokemon as pets.

I think most of them could speak normally though.

Pocket Monsters are Monsters? Who could have figured THAT out?
Brotip, the dangers are part of the appeal.

I want a Pet Zinogre more then any pokémon really, it is cute, but i always did wonder how the monsters from some of those CAPTURE quests ended up.

do you recall the name of the manga?

I'd rather a pokégirl as a pet. Skyla would probably make a fun pet, and I wouldn't even have to move to Canada to keep things legal.