Which developer/publisher do you hate the most and why? Which developer/publisher do you love the most and why?

Which developer/publisher do you hate the most and why? Which developer/publisher do you love the most and why?

For me it's Mojang and whoever makes DayZ. I haven't played Minecraft for years but it had a lot of potential and a good playerbase and decided to throw all that away and run their game into the fucking ground and betray everything that supported them. And with DayZ, I've never even played the game, but they're responsible for the huge explosion of early access zombie survival games and after what, four years of early access minimum, the game still isn't close to being finished and even on the steam summer sale they're so fucking pretentious and smug they only put a 15% discount on their shit game. Fuck them.

As for liking, I saw NWI and Xaviant. NWI has a clear vision for their game and work on it constantly and are always updating and patching their game. Same with Xaviant, and they're actively engaged with their community.

Other urls found in this thread:

rockstargames.com/games#/?all=true
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I really like Bethesda Softworks, nothing but masterpieces come of out there, like Skyrim or Fallout 4 and that Todd Howard fellow is a great person.

For me my least favorite publishers are Konami and Ubisoft.

For Konami it isnt because of MGSV and what they did with KojiPro, but because of all the shit they did before that. They bought Hudson Soft and did nothing with their IPs. They flat out murdered Silent Hill once it left Team Silent. Goemon has been dead once it left the N64. So much and more that I'm surprised they didnt kill Kojipro and MGS until 2015.

And Ubisoft mainly because though they can put out a fun game like the Rayman games or Red Steel 2, instead they made boring shit like Ass Creed, Watch Dogs, and those fucking Rabbids party games. Thats not even counting all the bullshots they made.

I hate ArenaNet for never producing a Guild Wars sequel.

Ubisoft, pure cancer

EA always EA.

The saddest thing about the gaming industry is even though everyone knows how bad this company is, they are still around thriving.
Now all the other companies are acting just like EA.

All like EA, it should be the exact opposite of this. Why do people keep rewarding bad companies!?

It has to be Interplay Entertainment, what the fuck are they doing, where's clay fighter? what the actual fuck is going on?

because battlefield bro

EA is worst. That's a easy pick.

I believe I love Rockstar Studios the most.

There isn't one video game from Rockstar I haven't enjoyed.

They have sports games by the balls and those make mad dosh. EA will never die as long as they have that market.

rockstargames.com/games#/?all=true

I hate all developers and my family and friends and Holla Forums and people in general and myself god damn it I'm such a fucking faggot jesus christ

I hate Ubisoft, Chucklefish, EA and Activision the most.
I don't love any developers or publishers because emotionally investing in a company that exists to milk customers of their currency is retardation of the highest order.

Only hate can set you free.

Maybe that user hates what modern Bungie became or something.

how about suicide instead?

Favorite: Bioware

Least: Kojima Productions (Glad Konami fired him).

BioWare because they're possibly the biggest source of kool-aid in the industry and yet every fucking normalfag seems to love them, even after all of the drama surrounding 3's shitty ending. I'm seeing a crazy amount of people still excited for the new one outside of this place and it terrifies me, not even one case of cautious optimism, just ridiculous enthusiasm to eat whatever hunk of shit lands on their plate next.

Tripwire for going against everything they stood for.

Taleworlds for making an actual good looking improved sequel of a great PC exclusive while giving out the Source Code for it.

is it worth picking up LA Noire if i've never played it?
sage for ot

Bethesda, they make such terrible sloppy products. People like to say "it's fun" but is it really? It's grindy and you can waste a lot of time playing it, but that doesn't actually mean it's fun. Just cause something is a time sink doesn't make it a good game.

They've never produced a good game, and no, I'm saying even Morrowind is not a good game, if you need mods to make a game playable, it's not a good game, it's a bad game. A game should be able to stand on its own, and Morrowind can not, its bugs are so bad that they had to make fan patches to fix over 3000 bugs… And this trend continues for EVERY TES game. Fuck Bethesda.

FromSoftware, their world building is just something I enjoy. It's not the best by any measure, but the amount of attention to detail in SUBTLE ways is just so good. It doesn't need to have every intricate detail spelled out for the player in obvious ways, if you want to find out the lore for something you need to go looking for it, and it's open for interpretation. You can accept the "community accepted" interpretation or say "fuck off" and come up with your own because there is no right or wrong interpretation of the lore. And this is by design, because good story telling allows you to use your imagination to fill in the details, it doesn't intricately mention every detail so there's no room for deviation like in a Bioware game where they make sure you know who's gay, who's bisexual, who's straight, and who's fucking who at what pace and when.

Just awesome game design. It's too bad they're done with the dark fantasy genre, but some people speculate they're moving onto the dark scifi genre, so we'll see.

Every fucking thread, Todd.

They have yet to let me down.

"Look at this infograph, le jooooz!"
"PROOF"

Its decent, impressive technology for the time.
Sure give it a go.

Kill yourself

Wrong thread kike

Get the fuck out of here, Brosshi.

Mojang was bought buy Microsoft.

He's saying he hates Mojang and DayZ.

EA is obviously the worst in the industry, but the publisher I harbor the most personal hatred for is NISA. Said hatred extends to every company their cancer has spread to, such as 8-4 and Treehouse.

EA, Ubisoft, etc. are shit companies that make shit games that I don't want. Companies like NISA, Treehouse, 8-4, etc. take games I want to play (like Dragon Quest or XCX) and raped them into an abomination I can no longer enjoy.

That's their own fault for kikestarting it and letting a backer fuck up their game because he's mentally ill.

dayz wasnt a company, it was a bunch of modders who ended up selling their mod for money.

Can't decide between Capcom and Konami (still rivals after all these years)
Maybe the leap to HD was a too big a strain on japanese companies. Maybe their Auteur ladled designers took too big a bite from the budget. But these guys frequently teased classic franchises in our face, and then spate on both.
The God damn MML3 demo was already finished. Why couldn't we just have it?

Favorite is Wayforward… and Yacht Club. I've always loved the charm of their games, but what really made them great was how much they dived head first into E-shop games and self publishing and only got more and more productive as a result. They embraced a drastic change in market and thrived

And so fucking what, you know he meant he hates the game. Don't be autistic.

That's correct. Here's the story: Take-Two Interactive (Rockstar's parent company) owned a stake in Bungie, and when Microsoft bought Bungie, Take-Two retained the rights to Oni and Myth. The Windows and Mac versions of Oni were published by Gathering of Developers, which had been acquired by Take-Two after its CEO died of asthma (seriously). Also, the PS2 port was developed by Rockstar Toronto.

For hating, it has to be trendy entertainment and gearbox. Trendy is there because of making overpowered dlc characters in Dungeon Defenders 1 and for making the 2nd game boring as shit as well as banning my friend from online play because he said bad words. Gearbox because of how they handled DLC in BL2 and how they did the endgame in BL2

As for liking, Croteam and Devolver still havent let me down

-Hate:
They had a good "formula" for open-world crime gayms with cars but after Vice City all their games have been nothing but absolute dogshit and they even had to go and fuck Max Payne up to the point it can never be redeemed again.

Other than Beyond Divinity they dont seem to really have any actually bad games, some arent that good like the first Divinity or Dragon commander but they arent bad either.

Though their writing hasnt been as fun lately mainly on Original Sin, maybe trying too hard.

I hate Atlus the most.
They created my most beloved franchises, and developed my most beloved games. SMT I, II, III, Strange Journey, Devil Summoner, Devil Survivor, etcetera.
And they've shit on them all.
They had a flawless track record, and they shit on it all. They shit on their fans. They shit on their own intellectual property. They shit on their own team of coders and artists.
All for money.
SMT IV was such a soulless game, that had it not been for recycled assets (some from over 20 years ago btw lol, such cheap bastards) and the shin megami tensei being in the title, I literally wouldn't have guessed they had anything to do with it.
Then came all the brainless Persona games.
Then came all the ruined Etrian Odyssey cash cow games.
Then the casualized Devil Survivor 2 re-release.

All I'd like to do now is line them all up and hock loogies in their face slowly one by one. They were one of maybe two companies that refused to give in to the casual menace. They held strong for two decades. And now they blew it all. I hope the money from retards is worth it.

There's no developer I like anymore. I would've said Rockstar, but not after they surrendered to the butthurt liberal cucks and removed the confederate flag from the General Lee car in V.

someone hasn't been there for Serious Sam VR reveal

I saw it via The Best Gamers Stream
could've been worse

To be honest, it seems like you have a lack of understanding about DayZ and their development. They're one of the few early access projects that is good.

First of all, it hasn't been on early access for 4 years. It's been 2 years and 7 months.

You might say that they are "responsible" for the explosion of shitty zombie survival games, but how is that really their fault if someone else makes garbage games? Its the fault of those other devs, and especially the fault of the morons who buy their shitty unfinished games.

The game is definitely making great progress towards becoming finished. It just got a new renderer last month and the average fps increased from under 30 to anything you want, 120-144 is completely doable now. It improved a lot of other things as well.

They monthly add a lot of content to the game.

Keep in mind, it's being developed by a very small and quite poor Czech studio. It's to be expected from Slavs that they do not have the money or manpower to make AAA titles efficiently and fastly - CDPR is a very rare exception for Slav developers.

They made it clear from the beginning that it would be cheaper in the start of alpha and then the sale would slowly go down towards release date. This makes sense, it should have the full price on release day. I bought it with like a -50% sale because I bought it the first week it was on early access.

Once it's been released and been a finished game for a while, the sales will start increasing for it again.

I'm no DayZ fanboy, I haven't played it in 7 months now, but when I did it was a damn fun game - and people honestly give them too much shit. They're not like those lazy devs who don't care to finish their game and just run off with the money, they legitimately are a very small and poor Slav team.

It's going to be finished sometime in 2017, and it's going to be great I think.

Why does summer bring out the cancer?

You're literally in the wrong here nigger. It's one of the only good early access games, and yes it will be finished one day.

Are people really so unintelligent they don't understand how long it takes to develop a game usually? The standalone has been in development for under 3 years. It's pretty normal for any company to take 3-5 years to make a huge open world game.

The only difference is that they are letting you play the unfinished, in development version.

not as bad as half chan Holla Forums, they have open nostalgia threads about call of duty modern warfare 2

was meant for

Jesus Christ

We need to scan the brains of battered wives and people who defend Day (sans Z) to identify the neurological reasons they are so self-destructive, so that maybe we can help people with less extreme forms of the mental defect.

How many shekels did you give them user?
Or is it option b) you think the devs will read this and become best friends with you?

just in the case this isn't a bait post, I too fell for the jewish scheme and bought GoyZ
the devs and most of the forum community are either battered wives or just people who can't deal with bad purchases
**when I tried to question the devs of adding fucking tomato farming while zombies could spot you through solid buildings around ~1km away and chase you, I was met with "IT IS BETA NO BE ENTITLED" and the devs said "WE HEFF TO EDD EVERYTHING BEFORE THE GAME CANE BE MADE PLAYAYABLE"
also

Ay nigga what about that new DOOM game they published? It looked pretty fuckin' rad!

Nintendo.

Also I think you need to understand that piece of shit won't ever be finished. Do you know what Dean fuckin' Hall wants to add next? Shitting mechanics. Look it up if you don't believe me.

Man, you really are stupid. Yeah, it will be finished, and I have no problem waiting because I'm currently not even playing it. But it definitely has improved greatly every year. It's like an entirely new game right now with the new renderer.

Another ignorant fuck

Only the 10 euros I paid for the game when it first appeared on steam in -50% sale.

Everything I said, I said because it's objective truth. As I said, I haven't played it in 7 months, so I wouldn't even give a fuck if it was never going to be finished, but I know for a fact that it will.

That's a nice lie, since Dean Hall hasn't been involved with the development of DayZ in years you dumbass.

You'd deny your insanity even as the massive lesions were pointed out to you in the images.

Yup. I hope you didn't watch any videos about the game yet. GO IN BLIND user! Enjoy.

This has to be bait

feature creep user

almost any early access game will die due to feature creep

Platinum Games. because garbage games with bottlenecking.

tamsoft, grasshopper manufacture and access games. good development staff and well-honed games lack in quality but beautiful depth of gameplay, proving you don't need shiny stylized graphics to prove worth.

Nigger, are you serious?

Favorite: LucasArts pre 2009, Sandlot and SnK

Most hated: Ubisoft.

Don't tell me this is your mindset fam

Nah, everything they've made is pure shit amirite?
No depth, no graphics, just shit lol

They sure as hell have made mediocre as shit games.
Have seen those too.

Glad to see you and Dean Hall have your agendas in check.
Now begin your quest to (40).

Check Grasshoppers and Tamsofts catalog.
They've all made shit games.
They're all good companies with faults and around the same level of quality.
Doesnt mean you should fucking hate them due to their shit eating excusing fans especially when there are much worse companies out there.

like platinum game and from software?

So you're a nonsencial posting retard?
Aight

i'm a dork, sorry.

DORK?

Keep being retarded even though I had valid arguments and all you have is ">this is bait"

What does that mean?

And I never said I approve of early access games. DayZ is the only early access game I've bought, and I only did it because I enjoyed the Arma 2 mod back in the day.

Oh look, the retard is still retarded. Looks like I have to point out for the second time already in this thread, Dean Hall is not involved with the development of DayZ! Has not been for years.

You must live under a rock.

Do you have a single fact to back up your claim that he is? He left the dev team years ago mate, maybe keep up with the news.

"Dean Hall will start his own studio in his home country of New Zealand, where he'll keep trying to create that elusive, perfect multiplayer game"

Besides the continuous support for GTA Online, what is Rockstar even up to nowadays? Because I personally haven't caught word of anything.

Any titles to be expected soon?

Okay fine, we'll say Dean Hall isn't on the dev team. But how does this help the case with DayZ? The game is still an unstable piece of shit that barely has zombies in it, and when you get lucky enough to find them, all you'll be seeing is 360'ing models ranging from a whore to some fag with a hat. Rather than improve upon other problems, Zombie AI, optimization that can only be somewhat fixed with a launch command but will still crash when you alt+Tab, where will it go? It's not going to get "GOOD" and it will never stable and all they'll do is just add more pointless features that most likely nobody asked for.

Someday user.

EA, Ubisoft and I'm starting to hate Zenimax

Bohemia, Eagle Dynamics and a heap of little indie studios.

Eidos, for closing LGS.

As I said earlier, they did just switch to a new renderer. Is that also a waste of time on useless shit? It increased the fps from under 30 for EVERYONE to easy 120-144 fps.

This fucking cancer needs to die. Shooters can very easily not be garbage.

Rockstar giving in to censorship demands. Holy fuck things have really very bad. Thank god 2016 is looking very promising.

These are my specs.
Motherboard: Z97 Pro
CPU: i7 4770k
GPU: GTX970
RAM: 16GB
I still like fucking crazy in city areas, my 144 hz monitor is basically worthless in this game because I can only crack 100 when I'm as far away from everything as possible and that's boring as fuck.

Did you edit the launch options at all? But yeah I don't think DayZ is currently worth playing. I am just saying that one day it will. I have faith in Bohemia.

If you were to choose between no Morrowind at all and buggy, but fixable Morrowind, what would be better, in your opinion?

It's some new fetish or something?

They haven't said anything other than tossing a few ideas for GTA VI in some interviews. Rockstar isn't afraid to take their time, something I wish a lot of other devs did.

Introversion has yet to let me down.
I got worried when they announced Prison Architect and said it would be early access, but they put out the content they promised on a consistent basis from that point on.

From is even sloppier than Beth. DS1 has some good design, but half of the game is an unfinished mess. I literally can't get myself to care about the dark souls/kings field lore, I think the worldbuilding is just boring. Armored Core is decent, but there are just too many of them.

At least pre Oblivion Bethesda GS was an innovative developer and their games have some consistency in the design, even if the some of the games are bad. Their bugs are somehow justifiable, considering the huge content of their games. From's games are pretty tiny yet buggy and so unoptimized the PC version had to rely entirely on fan made fixes.

Hey, I played Fallout 3 without encountering any game breaking bugs. I think the only bug I've ever met in that game was that megaton pipe guy missing his schedule and disappearing from his house. Vanilla Morrowind is nowhere that buggy too, I invested hundreds of hours into it without any mods and fixes. I really don't know what's your problem with Morrowind. Daggerfall is way more buggy.

Wasn't that wizard in anor londo who used repeating crossbow a faggot twink? It was explicitly mentioned that he's a trap.

By now?
You'd have to be a complete fuckling idiot to like any company in any way, shape or form.

In the end they're all jews and don't give a fuck what they have to do to get their shekles as long as they get them.
The days where a paying consumer was considered a happy consumer are long gone.
Now a paying one is considered an idiot and the oinly thing left is to find out how far you can fuck him in the ass before he breaks.

Blizzard after Warcraft 3. they neutered custom maps in SC2, made the turd that is Diablo 3, and then made a bunch of ripoffs of other games because they have no originality left. i guess their social network skinner box had some original ideas in how to jew people harder than ever before though. with Overwatch they were being clever kikes and lowering the skill ceiling of the FPS genre so severely and neutering competitive elements for the severely retarded audience that passes as gamers nowadays. the same people that would find pre-cancer TF2 difficult, despite it being color coded and having every class explained in short, easy to understand videos that are about 2-3 minutes long each. i have a feeling a lot of these people didn't even care about videogames before 2007, because honestly i could rarely even find anyone who even liked videogames before then, aside from some internet forums and imageboards.

fuck if i know, most are making incredible turds nowadays. i suppose someone from the doom modding/mapping community? they can make better levels than any of these retards can and can make better gameplay as well, FOR FREE.

I agree OP, I was going to play Minecraft after so many years after Microshaft bought mojang to see play multiplayer and I see something similar to Google+. They made Mojang accounts and now in order to play minecraft, you have to migrate your account. Welp, so much for playing minecraft now.

Valve - I respected this company once for able to shit out enjoyable games, even if they are always late on the schedule. But seeing valve now, it's as if a video game company whose profit comes from a virtual market they themselves created instead of the games they make. They know they can make more money this way instead of making new games, so why bother? I hate this company in particular since I used to put a lot of trust into them, but time and again their laziness simply upsets me. There are a lot of things to say about Valve though, but I'll let other anons say what I haven't

Taleworlds - with recent announcement of the upcoming M&B: Butterlord will be open source, the devs seems to realized the huge modding scene of their game, and now they will be releasing tools and scripting codes to help the modders thrive once more on their new game. I never been to taleworlds forum, can an user give an image of what it's like there? is it like neogaf?

Really surprised nobody mentioned CRAPCOM, don't you guys have a bit of hate to spread for this turd of a software house?
Release:
-Shitty remakes nobody asked for
-Empty demos as full priced games
-Unpolished games lacking in content
-Overpriced day 1 DLCs
-Bury loved franchises and destroy the ones are still milking to reach the "COD online multiplayer" retards.
meanwhile, blaming the customers if they are on the verge of bankruptcy, labeling who calls them on their kikery as "entitled" and giving the middle finger to the few loyal customers, who even gets ignored when they ask for games.

Capcom, even as shit as they are, are still not nearly as bad as the likes of EA. At least Capcom makes their own shit to ruin, unlike EA that seems to delight in crushing the childhoods of the goyim.

yeah but Monster Hunter

I agree, but i still think they get less shit than they deserve.

Because they actually make a good game once in a blue moon, unlike EA and Ubisoft that seem like an endless river of shit.

Oh, and they don't push Marxist filth in their games.

Only good left:
CDprojectRed
Vanillaware

I know that the XBONE and Kinect are his fuckups. What else has he done?

As much as i despise Don Mattrick, XBONE wasn't really HIS fuckup, that was an agreement between microshit and the Nsa/kikes, after people boycotted the always online/always spying/no used games product the supreme kikes at microshit used Don Mattrick as scapegoat.

What you're saying is true, but all of the above happened on his watch, and he left the shit sandwich for Spencer. I'm not going to defend Spencer, but if there's more about Mattrick I'd like to hear it.

i've only been there to pick up mods, can't say much other than that there are mods there.
unfortunately they're only releasing the gamecode iirc, and not under an open source license either.

Yeah it's a misunderstanding, they're only releasing very good modding tools.
God bless.

Autism will see us through.

Capcom

I think we need more autism in the videogame industry.

This.

Vidya industry has to crash and burn. It can not recover from the poz it finds itself in. The cancer is too deep rooted, and the cancerous developers and publishers own too much of the market.

If indies were mostly good, it would be another story, but indies have become the test chamber for marxist bullshit that makes cancerous shit trendy and the norm which is then later adopted by big companies.

All the poz in cisquisition; you bet Ubisoft didn't just wake up one day and decide to make a degenerate shitfest like that. No, it was festering in the indie scene for years prior.

For every Terraria and Spelunky there are thousands of cancerous games.

Let it all burn, and then we'll start it anew.

i find it annoying how the video game industry is completely against going open source in practically every occassion. like its really gonna kill them to go with the GPL, yeah sure. your competitor is not going to use your GPLed code, and if they do, you reap the reward later if they improve it and release binaries, thus forcing them to provide the source code. license incompatibility with DRM systems? your customers HATE DRM. if you actually made a good game you don't need DRM, and the only DRM that actually matters, Steam, allows you to sell open source games.

Definitely my most hated, I don't have nearly as much a stake in other companies as this one when it comes to games. Resident Evil, Dead Rising, DMC, MegaMan, etc… Some of my favorite games came from them and they always fuck it up.

That's only good because there's zero meddeling from higher ups.

Nope, they only push censorship as to avoid offending them.

Don Mattrick was still the worst mother fucking thing to happen to Xbox, he buried years of progress and potential when he took over.