Trump Set to Become First Sitting U.S. President to Visit Western Wall

Trump Set to Become First Sitting U.S. President to Visit Western Wall
timesofisrael.com/trump-set-to-become-first-sitting-us-president-to-visit-western-wall/

Obama came as a candidate; George H.W. Bush as Veep; George W. before; Clinton before and after, but not during
As candidates, many US politicians stop by the Jerusalem holy site, but once in the White House, they’ve all stayed away

By Raphael Ahren May 15, 2017, 11:41 am

Donald Trump is slated to become the first incumbent US president to visit the Western Wall in the Old City of Jerusalem.

George H.W. Bush, Bill Clinton, George W. Bush and Barack Obama all have visited the Jewish holy site, but either before or after their tenures as president.

“I don’t recall ever hearing of a sitting US president visiting the Western Wall,” said Shlomo Slonim, a professor emeritus of American history and the former chairman of Hebrew University’s Department of American Studies. Trump’s anticipated, but as of this writing unconfirmed, visit to the site would be “an innovation,” he added.

The White House has yet to publish the itinerary for Trump’s May 22-23 visit to Israel — the 11th presidential trip to the country since Richard Nixon came in 1974 — but according to sources involved in planning the trip, he is set to visit the Western Wall. If he indeed goes to the site, it would likely be interpreted by some as akin to an American recognition of Israeli sovereignty over East Jerusalem. (Despite some reports to the contrary, Trump has never visited Israel before.)

During the 1967 Six Day War, Israel captured the eastern part of Jerusalem, which until then had been under Jordanian administration. In 1980, Israel formally annexed East Jerusalem, which includes the Old City with the Western Wall, the Temple Mount, the Al-Aqsa Mosque and the Church of the Holy Sepulchre. So far, the entire international community has adamantly refused to recognize Israel’s claim to that part of the city, arguing that the final status of Jerusalem is subject to negotiations with the Palestinians.

It has been rumored in some quarters that Trump, on the occasion of his visit — which coincides with the week in which Israel celebrates the 50th anniversary of the city’s reunification — will recognize a united Jerusalem as the capital of the Jewish state. But, for now, that remains speculative.

During his election campaign, the former Manhattan real estate developer vowed emphatically to move the US Embassy from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem, an act that would have been seen as tacit recognition of Israeli sovereignty over the city. “We will move the American embassy to the eternal capital of the Jewish people, Jerusalem,” Trump promised in an address at AIPAC’s annual policy conference in March 2016.

But that plan has since been put on the back burner. US Secretary of State Rex Tillerson said Sunday that the president was still weighing whether such a move would help or hurt his efforts to relaunch Israeli-Palestinian peace talks.

As a matter of standard diplomatic procedure, Western dignitaries usually do not visit the Old City and East Jerusalem in any official capacity. If they want to visit the Western Wall or other sites in that part of the city, they do so privately and without being accompanied by Israeli officials.

In recent years, however, an increasing number of foreign dignitaries have ignored this unwritten rule, especially leaders of African and East European countries. Polish prime minister Donald Tusk went to the Wall in 2008; President Vladimir Putin of Russia visited the site in 2012.

In 2013, then-Canadian foreign minister John Baird caused a diplomatic brouhaha when he visited Israel’s justice minister in her office on Salah al-Din Street in East Jerusalem. Although Baird asserted that his meeting didn’t “signal a change in Canadian foreign policy,” Palestinian officials were furious.

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/x4fhs
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

The first sitting US president to visit Israel was Richard Nixon, who arrived on June 16, 1974, and met with president Efraim Katzir and prime minister Yitzhak Rabin.

According to Denis Brian’s 2012 “The Elected and the Chosen: Why American Presidents Have Supported Jews and Israel,” Nixon’s two-day visit was a “vain attempt to rescue his presidency, endangered by the Watergate scandal, his efforts to cover it up, and a growing demand among his political enemies to impeach him.”

In March 1979, Jimmy Carter became the second US president to visit Israel. He met with president Yitzhak Navon and prime minister Menachem Begin, assuring them that the US would provide the Jewish state — which had just returned the Sinai Peninsula to Egypt — with oil for the next 15 years, Brian writes. Carter also addressed the Knesset and visited the Yad Vashem Holocaust museum and the graves of David Ben-Gurion and Zeev Jabotinsky.

It would take 15 years for the third US presidential visit to Israel (although a vice president — future president George H.W. Bush — visited in Israel, including the Western Wall, in 1986).

In October 1994, Bill Clinton arrived for the first of four trips taken during his two terms, celebrating the Israel-Jordan peace agreement he had helped broker.

A year later, Clinton — who had first visited Israel, including the Western Wall, as an Arkansas state governor in 1980 — came to Israel again, to attend the funeral of slain prime minister Rabin.

In March 1996, amid a series of terrorist attacks against Israeli civilians, Clinton traveled to the Jewish state once more, to discuss “cooperation against terrorism with senior Israeli officials,” according to the State Department’s Office of the Historian.

Two and a half years later, following the signing of the Wye River Agreement, Clinton arrived in Israel for the fourth and final time in office, meeting with Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu. He also toured Masada in the Judean desert, a site Trump is said to be considering as a venue for a speech nest week.

Since leaving the White House, Clinton has returned to Jerusalem on several occasions, and has also stopped by the Western Wall.

In 2008, George W. Bush, during the last year of his two-term presidency, visited Israel twice. During his first trip in January, he met president Shimon Peres and prime minister Ehud Olmert and he went to Yad Vashem.

“I’ve really been looking forward to coming back,” he said at the arrival ceremony at Ben Gurion Airport, referring to his first trip in 1998, during which he visited the Western Wall. “Truth of the matter is, when I was here last time, I really didn’t think I’d be coming back as president of the United States. But I knew I’d come back, because Israel is a special place. And it’s a great honor to make my first visit as the president of the United States.”

Five months later, Bush returned to Israel on the occasion of the state’s 60th birthday. During the two-day visit, he also went to Masada and addressed the Knesset — but again steered clear of the Western Wall (though his wife Laura visited).

Obama’s first presidential visit to Israel took place in March 2013. He went to Yad Vashem and the Israel Museum. At the iconic Shrine of the Books, he saw the Dead Sea Scrolls, some of the oldest surviving manuscripts of the Hebrew Bible, some of them 2,400 years old.

He returned three years later for a whirlwind visit to attend the funeral of Shimon Peres.

On neither trip did he visit the Western Wall, a site he doubtless remembered well from his visit there in 2008.

At the time, the Illinois senator and presidential candidate was heckled by locals, with one man shouting at him for minutes on end: “Obama, Jerusalem is our land! Obama, Jerusalem is not for sale!”

As per Jewish custom, the Illinois senator also placed a note in one of the cracks of the Wall. Nosy Israeli reporters took it out and published it, causing a small scandal. The note reportedly stated: “Lord — protect my family and me. Forgive my sins, and help me guard against pride and despair. Give me the wisdom to do what is right and just. And make me an instrument of your will.”

“I was expecting more reverence,” Obama complained later.

Given that every single other president since the illegal occupation of the Holy Land began has visited it, I doubt you’ll get many bites.

Antifa and Muslims BTFO

Fabulous…

Hi meguca, you niggers are bad at this.

Wew

He'll just come up with another excuse to not go. He knows his life would be in danger in Israel.

Lolwut?

I sure hope so.

Keep slurping chodes, shill.

I can't believe they don't even get you all your own folders. You have to share memes. Pathetic. Did you forget you're supposed to only use one image per post? Clumsy, now you're all out and won't have anything fresh to post for the rest of the week.

Make a thread when he actually does visit, and maybe kisses the wall for good measure. Then I'll bump. Now you're just being an annoying cunt.

1. Don't bump
2. Don't tell the shills how they're fucking up. Just call them out.

Ok, so ITT …

Such a productive conversation. How about we just wait and see, eh?

Quality thread tbh op

top kek

Since when did Holla Forums become a place where blind support of zionist jews in politics became the normal everyday experience?

Why is it those critical of jews are now harassed wholesale while threads championing neocon kikes are stickied and threads critical of jews rounding up goys in their controlled opposition parties are killed off?

There has to be a point where this obvious hostile takeover by the JIDF of Holla Forums has to end, the centre cannot hold forever.

Oh look its this script again.

What do you propose we do, you fucking faggot?

You're not critical of Jews, your purpose is to win the next election for the democrats.

forgot sage

Trump is closely associated with freemasons, mossad and genocidal zionist lubavitch kikes
Le Pen is closely associated with freemasons mossad and genocidal zionist lubavitch kikes
Gert Wilders is closely associated with freemasons mossad and genocidal zionist lubavitch kikes

The only response you kikes make is

I remember when Holla Forums was all about uncovering jewish subversion and infiltration, now the users get banned for proving it.

won't matter, (((their))) agents in our gov't will still work to undermine his presidency.
there is only one way to handle them, and appeasement isn't it.

You probably get banned for being a histrionic little faggot. You do realize everyone knows trump doesnt hate the kikes right? None of us voted for Hitler, but trump still butt blasts the stupid kikes every chance he gets, even if he's still cooperative.

You low IQ faggots really think people who realize Trump is ZOG are paid shills, don't you? My God the future is bleak.

Yet you don't get banned for being an obvious kike pushing and promoting zionist neocon kikes.

Eventually the JIDF that run this bitch will one day give up when every thread and every user is a jew like (((you))), pretending to be a goy, pretending to have sincere conversations about how much you love the latest jewish controlled fraud and realising that not one goy is left here to try and convince of your shit.

It's really simple.
Not one genuine user worth shit would ever back a kike, freemason or zog-controlled puppet.
The Trump scam worked for a bit with the less intelligent users, after one week he already shown his true jew colors to anyone with an IQ above 50, most of them are now burnt out but anyone that falls for jewish lies as obvious as yours you keep pushing here are only ever going to be the dumb goyim you seek to use for your JWO.

You've literally now transformed Holla Forums into a unofficial conservative cheerleading group run by kikes, populated by mischlings and the only non-jews left are certifiable morons.

Prove it.

Trump = ZOG

There's plenty of evidence on other boards that Kushner funded this campaign of social media to create this

You better quit that wrong-think right now goy. Holla Forums is and always has been a pro-zionist board, and we must all praise these based jews.

MAGA! Fufufufufufufu~

MODS BAN THESS FAGGOT ANTIFA RAIDERS FROM ENDCHAN NOW!

Kill those who oppose Trump

I agree user. We have stood with Trump since the beginning, and we must continue to do so till the end. He depends on us.

All these goons/TRS raiders/LARPing cucks and other Shillblue fodder are trying to turn us away from him.

We must support Trump even if he starts rounding us up for being "extremists" and sends us to FEMA death camps.

This is some good ass-reverse psychology. Act so retarded that everyone who is associated with any pro-Trump stance becomes associated with you. Making any people who are pro-Trump look like they're just as retarded as you.

Your D&C shilling won't work, cucks.

Get in the oven goonkike.

Nothing, but nothing is more retarded than a single user poster praising zionist freemasonic sock-puppet Trump on a board notorious at one time for never being so stupid as to fall for such obvious elaborate hoaxes.

Your very existence undermines any credibility this place once had.

Everything that Holla Forums was meant to be, it hasn't been for well over a year, perhaps two is more accurate.

Trump is the reincarnation of Hitler and avatar of Kek. Anti-Trump is code for anti-white.

I can't wait to read the kvetching when

While it is good that we got a candidate that (at least on the surface) is attempting to reverse our genocide, simply having Trump isn't enough. We need to act ourselves to reverse our genocide and exact our revenge on the kikes. Trump was never the be-all end-all and he never will be.

Nice try FBI. The only way to bring about our goals is through peace and elections. We need to vote for based republicans and shift their Overton window with fliers, stickers, and peaceful protests until they decide to go 1488.

Other people can lurk your shitty board and see what you're doing niggers.

So it's nothing again. Just like 2015 and then 2016. Shills have to make up their minds on what narrative to run.
archive.is/x4fhs
Sticky this pls

This is some horrible shilling, you should feel ashamed of yourself.

t. kike

This is actually 11D dreidel.

The truth hurt that much jewboy?

t. kike

US rejects Netanyahu request 4 photo-op w/Trump @ Western Wall - 'it's disputed territory'

https ://twitter.com/Ron_Skolnik/status/864166703890137088

Friendly reminder that we can't even think about the destruction of Israel and we must stamp out prejudice and antisemitism wherever it is found.
t. Donald Trump

Typical tricks megooka

This video is one of my arguments, care to point out why it should be ignored? We'll get onto the other arguments if you are capable of doing that.

Wew lad, megooka trannies on suicide watch.

Get in the oven you fucking (((/Polk/))) kike. I'm sick of you fucking kikes insinuating Trump is Jewish. Trump is a White Nationalist, and if enough republicans are elected 2018 he will finally be able to build the wall, deport all immigrants legal and illegal, and send the niggers back to Africa. You anti-Trump shareblue kikes need to be purged, imkampfy needs to drain the swamp that Holla Forums has become.

But it's totally 83295815D chess goys, r-remember Hillary? Good, because that is somehow a reason to pretend this is not happening.

Not an argument kike.

Just like I thought. If you aren't a shill then you are the worst kind of pleb.

Trump rejected the request. It's not happening you fucking kike bastard.

At least I'm not a kike, jewboy.

Why do you defend their puppets then?

Now that I think about it…
Why hasn't he called for the death of all jews yet?
Seriously, why hasn't The President started a campaign to wipe out all the jews on earth?
What are the problems associated with doing that? It's obviously a good thing so why hasn't he done it?
What could be the reason for why it hasn't been done?
Suggestions anyone?

He's just 4D chess'ing you retarded shillkike.

#Pizzagate?

The video speaks for itself, he is sucking more Jewish dick than Obama did ffs. Ignore it all you want, it won't make it stop happening.

They should pay you more, sharejew shill.

I didn't ask that.
Do you know a reason why Trump hasn't called for the gassing of all kikes yet?
There is nothing stopping him form doing it so why isn't he?

Ok kike. I have put my points across like I wanted to, I'm I'm interested in getting in circular argument with a retard or kike.

America is a vassal state of Israel

*not interested

Because he has jewish grandchildren and his main investors are kikes, that's why. Ad absurdum is a shit tier debating tactic you kike.

I think you should kill yourself. Fucking reddit niggers, when the DotR comes I hope we dox and hang all of you right beside the kikes.

That would not stop Trump from calling for the death of all kikes. It's plainly obvious that Trump does not put emphasis nor faith in old alliances or historic trade agreements. He could easily bomb Israel into oblivion but why hasn't he?

It's very obvious to everyone that Trump is a civic nationalist but you're telling me that when it comes to Israel that he's suddenly an ethno-nationalist. That doesn't make sense so that is not the answer. What's the answer?

No, I'm saying he is a puppet. His personal views are irrelevant.

Imo the answer is that he is a malleable goy that will be used to further Jewish interests. It's really not a far fetched concept.

Trump was a puppet who broke away from HIllary so "Trump is a puppet" isn't an answer because he's know to cut his own wires from the puppet masters. So that's ruled out. Your opinion isn't the truth either and from what you've posted it's plainly obvious that you're doing some severe mental gymnastics in order to make your opinion fit what is really happening.
So does anyone else have the answer?

Source?

Yeah you sure proved me wrong there.

I never claimed it was, the problem is that you faggots are consistently incapable of disproving my points to any reasonable degree. Give me something to work with and it may actually change my opinion.

How so? Explain please.

To the question that I have already answered? It's either my answer (or a very similar one) or agreeing with you. Stop arguing like a kike, if you disagree then give valid reasons as to why.