Steam Sale Thread

Alright, since the sale is wrapping up, what did you faggots get? How much money did you spend? Why didn't you spend it on rent?

inb4 >buying games
inb4 >Steam

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/id/onetwelve/wishlist/
store.steampowered.com/app/274940/
youtube.com/watch?v=FGehpbomBF8
archive.is/Y9q45
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I haven't bought anything on steam or on the pc for that matter in like 3 or 4 years. I saw through the scam.

I spent like $10 on both Hotline Miami's, super meat boy, dues ex, and psychonauts

I bought Disgrea or however its spelled for the tf2 hat
I got space chem for 1.50$ after I a thread on Holla Forums talk about it, its good.

OP can't inb4 faggot.

I feel like 10-20 years ago there was at least a game a month for me to play, now it's years between one.

Picked up Transformers: Devastation, Mushihimesama and Raiden IV. Not 100% sold on Transformers.

Spacechem, Underrail, Age of Decadence, Darkest Hour and Witcher 3

I spent no money. I didn't even know there was a sale.

I got Valkyria Chronicles, Child of Light(that I then refunded and pirated once I realized it had Uplay), Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen, Trails in the Sky, and Transistor.

Resident Evil 1&2 HD with 2s dlc.

Pike & Shot: Campaigns and Creeper World 3: Arc Eternal

cost me about 4 hours wages even with the sale, why do niche games always set their prices so high - maybe if they were cheaper more people would by them… I guess I did want to support Slytherine & the Lordz

Good job

Sims 3
I bought it solely for kinkyworld and nothing else

I can't remember the last time I bought a game from steam, it would've been either Hotline Miami 2 or MGSV.

Rollan'

Why didn't you just pirate?

Battlefleet Ghotic, Onechanbara, Guilty Gear Xrd

i have exactly one dollar canadian in my steam wallet and I'm a complete poorfag. what should I get?

Original War.

Deus Ex, Insurgency, Audiosurf, Necrovision, REmake, Grid 2, Alien Isolation, Outcast, Dreadout, Death to Spies, Grid 2, King of Fighters 13, Ys 6

And the only ones I regret buying so far are Welcome to the Game, and Homefront 1.

Was interested in this but reviews imply it isn't finished yet. What say you?

end my life

Sell those stupid cards and you can make 10c or fucking rummage through your couch FFS

Sell 5 cards at 2c reward and you're done

lol buyfags

fukken cancer

I have 8 burgerbucks left over from getting the Vicky II DLC pack, which of these is the best?

I already pirated Sky Rogue but muh mods

also, i bought BFG back before I was a broke scrub and it's not bad. the combat feels good, but there's some serious balance issues and a lot is still wrong with it. the community is also pretty much 50:50 between cool guys who are fun to play with and complete fucking jackasses, so yeah

it's not bad, but i don't know if it's worth the $30 they're asking for it. i only got about seven or eight hours out of it before i started getting really frustrated with its problems

how do you think i got my $1.00. I'm out of cards

Figure out a way to add me, it's 89 cents for me

And just to add salt to the wound.

It's a pretty unique game. It's a RPG/RTS hybrid, where each unit is a named individual, with a profession and stats, and if they die they are gone for good. It even has choices and consequences, two campaigns for the US and the Russians respectively, and you can train up proto-niggers to do menial tasks to free up your human characters to do important shit.

Its pretty good
Campaigns a little short and multiplayer is somewhat broken, but its a really nice package and the game is really unique.
Give it a try, pirate it for the singleplayer and multi for less than 2 hours to demo it.

Canada gets cucked again

I tried but none of the torrents are compatible with Kinkyworld

I even bought the pet DLC for beastie

Sorry user I'm just broken

I'm testnig the waters of my group and I might wind up springing 18 bucks to get everyone a copy of Talisman, 100% OJ was a pretty big hit and this feels like a logical progression, and it's always fun pissing them off in virtual board games.

Rollan

Not videogames.

Summer is really upon us

where have you been man? le ebin anti-steam meme has been running wild in the last couple months

R O L L

So, I've got $6 in monopoly money and don't know what the fuck to buy. Any suggestions?

If you want the game get a move on, I have to leave in 20 minutes

Months?

nah it's okay man, i went through my marketplace, found a couple cards that never sold, and relisted them at a lower price. they sold, i got the game. i appreciate it though, hope it's good

No problem 91man, enjoy your game

Nothing on Steam, I did grab that Sanic bundle though

How fucking new are you?

give me your steam id, I feel generous

I was born 2 days ago

I grabbed Lost Planet 2 and Subnautica

Haven't bought anything yet. Nothing I really want is on sale.

rollan

disregard this, I don't anymore

$0.

Rolling

I only bought Hurricane of the Varstray.

I've bought shantae and the pirate's curse and the witcher 3
I honestly don't even know if those were worth it, let alone anything else on steam.

rollin

I wanted WWE 2K16 because I liked it and wanted to try the online features but I'm saving money for a trip to the Grand Canyon in September

I need to beat Risky's Revenge before I get Pirate's Curse. =(

I bought Grim Dawn. With the $3.50 I made from trading Dota 2 shit in, I only had to throw in $15. best $15-18 I've spent (I love this game's soundtrack).

Valkyria Chronicles and Dragon's D is pretty gud. Not sure about CoL or Trails. Transistor is okay. Not nearly as good as Bastion, not absolute shit.

Same here. I find it laughable that Sega bothered to sell the Sonic Collection on Steam for $50 while you could get the same thing for $10 on HB.

Been eyeing LP2. Is it any good? I heard the MP was, but I'm not one for playing MP.

I'll roll I guess.

Wanted to get Grim Dawn but I don't think I can stomach another click-fest after D3

I've been itching for some Terrorist Hunt.
What's the best Tom Clancy (or not) game on Steam to scratch it?

Have you played Insurgency? It's got a multiple modes similar to terrorist hunt, would highly recommend.

Insurgency is great, really surprised me. Strikes a perfect balance between arcade and realism.

Got some mid tier RPGs
Mars: War Log was way better than I expected
but holy shit, this final boss in Bound by Flame is destroying me

other than that, I like how it's more Risen style combat rather than batman

How is Bound by Flame actually? Compared to Mars: War Logs? I've been looking to buy it, but can't really decide.

Rolling for pixie

I can shitpost too! am I fitting in yet guise?

Recommend me a video game.

It's a mid tier RPG, don't expect some grand adventure on the scale of the Witcher or other big names
I liked War Logs better, BBF is definitely rough around the edges and you can tell that certain parts of the game were rushed

If you liked Risen, I'd say go for it
It's not all that long, 12 hours or so, but for $5 it's pretty good

If you haven't played Resident Evil 4 you gotta buy that shit. It's, for me at least, one of the best games I have ever played.

Shit, I played through it on three separate platforms, and I didn't get bored. It should take you roughly 40 hours to get through everything the game has to offer and unlock all the shit. This includes replaying the game twice (second time on a higher difficulty), the Ada side content, the fun as fuck Mercenary mode, and then you can just dick around the game with all the weapons you unlocked.

I'm gonna buy it then. I like Spider, more than I should perhaps. There's a certain charm to a bunch of guys trying to make cRPGs on such small budgets. Fuck, they do a better job of it than BioWare and Bethesda even.

I played the wii version.

600 bucks

But it's okay, those are huebucks, so it's closer to 200 dollaroos.

lesbian roof ghosts is highly recommended, but not if you're just looking for eroge memegames on steam. Actually, get it from mangagamer direct. Think they give you a key and a DRM free version.
Symphonia is a bad port, no benefits over emulating the original.
Resi 4 was only okay when I played it. 60fps support is incomplete and lazy, mouse controls were bad. Think it's not worth even seven dollars to someone that's played it before.

Rest of it looks like the kind of thing most would mentally filter out while browsing new releases. Heard the cyberpunk bartender one was a fairly shallow CYOA kind of thing, but not sure. You're on your own.

pls bully

I'm looking for a good yuri game that isn't a kinetic novel

Sakura Dungeon?

You are such a fucking faggot that it hurts.

I got Transformers: Devastation

That's it.

I get paid just after the sale ends, and I am not somewhere that I can torrent. Kill me.

IT IS TIME TO LEARN THAT VIDEO GAME SKINS ARE NOT WORTH THE MONEY

I got Duck Game.

My wishlist, however, is filled with 57 games, around $540 worth, which I'm going to buy at christmas.

MP is optional but it gives a much better experience since you can coordinate better and you can make some mechs fuse.

Gameplay is the shit, you can pick up mech weapons and use them on foot, replace mech weapons while piloting them. There are even some mechs with shoulder minigun seats where other players can ride while you're piloting it

Picked up LISA: the painful and LISA: the joyful.

The soundtrack is pretty bangin'

I got Mount & Blade: Warband - Napoleonic Wars

Deus Ex (2001) MY VISION IS AUGMENTED and Hitman Blood Money

I wanna get one of the rollercoaster tycoons but which one? 2 or 3?

rollin

I can't never read like it was the first time ever again

I got some amazing deals. Everything was 100% off.

Rollan. Big money big money no whammy no whammy STOP!

i leech off my mom

$25 total

rust, consortium and lovely planet

USD $15.5 all up. Not too shabby

Valve collection, fear and D4. I'm about to buy a gaymen, so now I'll have plenty to play when I do

Is this worth it or wait?

openRCT2

I got nothing.
It cost me nothing.
Because I own my own home

Spent 0 bucks, nothing caught my eye and the games on my wishlist didnt get good discounts.

Roll

Wait. It will be under $20 before the end of the year.

Is Verdun worth getting?

why even live, rolling

i bought resident evil 0, the metro reduxes, and resident evil 6, and call of pripyat

Thanks.

Surprising to see marketers and kids have even over run Holla Forums now.

I noticed that Original War was taken off of GOG and I don't wanna get it on Steam. Assuming the original devs still get the money and the publisher isn't big and bad where else can I buy it.

Only bought YS 1 and 2 (since I saw the threads here and read them, seems like a neat series) and Huniepop for pic related and it looks like a cool game

both were on sale and ran me less than ten bucks

Those faggots have never seen huge tits.

Just pirate it and send the devs a check for the money.

Dumb fucks

Reposting.

So since there's no SHMUP thread, figured I'd just ask here.

I was looking to pick up Hurricane of the Varstray in the sale, heard alright things both here and elsewhere. But since the advent of the sale and
more people bought it, it received a stream of negative reviews of people calling it low quality doujin-tier freeware and it being too easy.

Now I know steam reviews shouldn't always be taken seriously, but for a niche game like this I'd be more inclined to. ShouId I buy it?

Do you actually do this?

No because I don't care about devs of games I pirate. I wasn't going to buy the trash in the first place and if I do it will be on sale for like five bucks.

Fuck Video Games

I bought Don't Starve Bundle

Shadowrun series worth getting?

Was never stated those were "huge" just that they were upheld values.
Besides these are moderately sized ones.

Crypt of the necromancer worth it?

Yeah Gabe can fuck off.

I didn't buy shit.

Literally only bought two games because the rest don't interest me or aren't on sale.

heard it was alright if you're into rhythm games

share thread has it if you wanna check it out before buying it

Could tell me something that's on sale, released in the past 2 years, and is good?

Pirate first and buy later

join my regiment

I've only played Returns and Dragonfall and Dragonfall is definitely better. Might as well skip the first one.

Is Arma 3 any fun?

No, you need a fuckton of mods, a hefty Intel based rig, and an organized group.

Even then it dousn't have the interest Arma 2 had I feel like.

Got 32 games.

Paid around 50bux.

Im about to beg for 75 cents worth of trading shit for gta san andreas
in fact i already am

Especially the part about an organized group. Holla Forums is anything but organized so don't expect anything from here.

Back in Arma 2 Days Broma was the hot shit. Playing with /k/ made me realize they are more infantile and actual kids than what Holla Forums used to be back then.

Now the Broma group is basically dead. With a handfull of people, no organization, even more waiting than previously, and even more technical issues than when Arma 2 was the hot shit.

All that and Arma 3 has like no content. Arma 2 had a campaign and plenty of guns and vehicles. Arma 3 feels like it has one tenth of that but what it does have is Sci Fi garbage and DLC.

You would be shocked how organized and fun Broma used to be, I stopped playing and apparently everything fell apart because autism but I did enjoy it when it was lively. I played with them in 3 and it felt alot more casual, like a handfull of dudes just playing Arma instead of operational operations. It was really disappointing and boring.

Nothing beats me playing with Broma in Arma 2 being a radio operator with our unit surrounded by skinnies and me directly speaking to command and the other squads for our group leader. Shit was operator as fuck and no game has ever been able to give me that rush.

Just mod Arma 3 bro and you can get all the shit you loved from Arma 2, but have the better physics and inventory system in 3.

don't buy returns. get dragonfall & hk. although dragonfall is better than hk

Can't find a pirated version, its too niche.

Bully
Hitman: Blood Money
FEAR Ultimate
Hard Reset
Call of Cthulhu: Prisoner of Ice
Call of Cthulhu: Shadow of the Comet
Sega Classics Pack 4 (for a friend)
Sega Classics Pack 5
Shadow of Mordor
Showtime 2073

And then I refunded Hitman because the controls suck so fucking bad. It was a suggestion from someone on the board.

All of those games are shit. Buy alcohol or drugs instead.

Picked up XCOM 2, Spelunky, Epic Fantasy Battle 4 and Shadow Warrior 2013. Pretty much done with Steam after this sale. It's just become too shit. Might pick up the JRPG bundle though.

Isn't Xcom 2 supposed to be quite buggy? The rest of those games are pretty good though. I too am done with buying Steam games after this sale, I have pretty much everything I need to last me a few years and if anything good comes out which is unlikely I can just pirate it.

I gifted someone Skullgirls, got the characters for myself, and then picked up The Forgotten for AoE2HD.

Haven't run into anything buggy in xcom yet, so hopefully it won't be too bad. Apparently there's mod fixes available though so I'm not too worried. I'd prefer not to pirate, but with steam in the shape it's in and GOG having a limited selection, there isn't much option.

I bought Napoleon: Total War.

I'm wondering if I should get Infinifactory or Dark Souls.

Is there any essential vidya worth buying?

The whole steam sale I've had 99% of my queue be absolute indie shit and since day 3 all I've done is click "NEXT" till I get my 3 free cards

There any mega deals or is this yet another depressing steam sale of everything that's great not hitting 90% off?

I got Men of War 2, 7.62, Fable, Civ IV, Xenonauts and Shadow of Mordoor

So far my biggest regret is Xenonauts. Good thing it was cheap, but it's just a slightly shittier looking X-COM. And I already had all the X-COM lot. Including Enforcer, which is awesome.

I've been waiting for DLC to come out for XCOM 2, myself. I am sure they will, and I want to get back to where EW was. As it is, XCOM 2 is just XCOM with less content.

I'm planning on spending around 10 bucks, which of the following should I get:
I've heard all of these games are excellent and was wondering which one would be the best to pick up.

dubs.

trips.

.>>9917708
STEAM LIKES YOUR PROLAPSED ANUS FLUIDS YOU FUCKING SPONGE

Rollan

WEW LAD

ROLLAN

Holy shit OP your thread is fucking shit, take your template faggotry somewhere else.

If you are interested in 4x, Endless Legend is the best new recent IP nowadays. Base game already has loads of content and the DLC is all decently priced and actually expands on gameplay.

Well it is kinda cheep, but I looked at the Steam store and god damn that's silly. Why are there 3 versions on the gaym?

I'm reading the negative reviews - funny because last year I distinctly remember the game was "overwhelmingly positive" - and all of the complaints are complaints that are either standard fare for 4x (steep learning curve, moments where you stop and focus on building instead of warring…) or things that were made precisely to differentiate itself from Civilization (complaining about quests and/or the fact that only one city can be settled per region - making settling more important and tacical) or just plain bullshit ("there is no tutorial so I hate it" - learning as you play is the basis of 4x. "I always gotta min-max for war" - depending on who your neighbors are you can get away with weak armies or you have to rush - same as having Sejong as your neighbor vs having Montezuma. "Not much changes based on map and players" - wtf playing as Broken Lords is already so much more different than playing as any other faction and that is not even getting into Roaming Jews/Necrophages/Allayi. "Not doing quests doesn't change anything" - quests can literally decide if your freshly-settled city starts with one population or 2-4 population because you pacified the locals or give you a great scouting tool or a massively overpowered weapon and finishing your questline is basically one of the win conditions of the game. "Research path doesn't change" - fucking wat you can't research everything so you have to make conscious decisions about what you leave behind [also Civ's static tech tree is WORSE]. "Combat is shit because you plan instead of giving immediate orders" - I understand and agree combat is hit or miss and undoubtedly the weakest point of the game but there are people who like it because it feels like you are a general who has to do good planning turn-by-turn.)

Hell, pirate it first if you want, but so many more of the "helpful" reviews are positive in the first place and so many of the negative reviews are bullshit that I feel these are people who aren't fan of 4x in general (nigga says he likes 4x games like Attila TW and Shogun 2… smh tbh).

Bought a few games for a friend, and one or two for myself.

Still since it's wrapping up, and most of my game list is cheap.

Anyone wanna help a poorfag out?

steamcommunity.com/id/onetwelve/wishlist/

;_;

Bought Subnautica, then I remembered I hate video games so got bored after 2 hours and the fake grindy-grind is unbearable for me. That there's a creative component too is just annoying, I lack the autism to enjoy these games.

Consider buying Salt too, but I guess it will jsut be the same shit again

that would be an absolute gem of a game if the AI wasn't so atrocious

Okay, you've convinced me to give it a go, I'm not sure it'll run on my craptop but I'll pirate it and see if it runs and then try it out.

Why do you want to buy Daikatana? that game is old as shit, you should just pirate it. Any game that's old shouldn't be bought because the money probably won't go towards the original devs who made the game anyway. If I was you I'd just pirate all those games and then buy the games later that were good to support the devs.

I got Underrail because I pirated it and had loads of fun, so it's worth giving them money.
Besides that, I got Dank Dreams Don't Dead, LYNE and Momodora 3.
Yeah OP, not everyone lives every day in fear of the Landlord

Deadbolt is really fun but is also really short, I think you can wait for a 50% off. I'd buy Risk of Rain full price if I could buy it again
VA-11 Hall-A literally has no discount nigger, learn to have some patience, which I guess you have if it's Current Year and you still haven't played RE4.

I wasn't implying that you should take Steam reviews at face value, I know they're usually shit that is filled with plebbit teir casuals. I was just wondering why there was a dip in reviews. Also, what's the difference between the versions of the game?

I heavily suggest you pirate away. I purchase their shit because Amplitude doesn't butcher their games to resell as overpriced DLC, launch massive free patches, are shown to improve and work with the community with each successive game (Endless Legend is a HUGE step up from Endless Space, and their talks about Endless Space 2 show they are hoping to step up the ante again).

Plus fucking FlyByNo and his soundtrack.

Oh, regarding the packs - it is just two, Classic and Emperor. Emperor isn't essential at all - it just adds a hero reskin and more content for their other game Dungeon of the Endless. Amplitude have this thing where they inter-connect all of their games; you can certainly play each game on its own but there are small tidbits here and there that fucking work wonders on the lore (you can meet a Broken Lord hero in Endless Space, but he is not listed as that and his behavior is coherent with the lore). They fucking love their IP and put great care into it and it is one of the things that makes me love it even more - I fucking love fluff.

You can still just get the base game and then upgrade later - unlike certain other games that re-sell their fucking shit games under a new label because it is "new".

So, me and a friend are playing a match, and we had to put it on hold for some time. So after we save, my friend notices he can get the Drakkens, who had declared peace with us in the beggining of the game, to declare war on me by offering him Topology (the Era 1 tech).
So, since I was playing Roving Jews, I try and see how much I have to bribe them for them to declare war on him.
100 Dust.
I convinced the Drakkens to declare war on my friend by offering them one hundred dust.
On the following turn, they declare war on me.
My friend had offered them Search party for a truce. And then Topology for war.
So I offer them 100 more dust and we have a truce too.

We were in the fourth era.
It was hilarious.

Something really bothers me about this cheery soulless aesthetic of this year's summer sale.

There's nothing special, no minigame or event, just these smiling fuckers. Coupled with the fact that the market play is dead because of the restrictions, there's no fun to be had.
Of course, only the actual sales and discounts matter in the end. Too bad those were totally underwhelming for me.

i bought nothing, much like last year and the year before

Well you can thank third world scammers and phishers for killing off the market. A personal observation of mine is that sales seem to be more disappointing every year because you already own everything that has a good discount and the games you actually want to buy are too recent to have a good discount.

Pretty much this.

Refine my taste fellow anons, recommenend anything other than what i bought

Take off DLCDAY 2, as for the rest, I'm not sure.

You need to leave. Now.

Yeah, I know, I've heard this argument for years, and while it's also true, the fact is that the stuff I wanted to go on sale either didn't, or just got 15-30% off, so yeah. Eternal reminder that RIP flash sales, by the way.

$0 because anything worthwhile can just be pirated. Will you shills stop making a thread every single day when the sale ends?

Probably because of all the sales casualfags who can't into 4x crawled out of the woodwork after buying the game cheap. Amplitude didn't do anything to warrant the negative reviews.

Plus most of the negative reviews are in fact "meh" so fuck Steam's bullshit review system.

Fair enough. I'm gonna try out the Amplitude Endless Pack then, it seems like something I would like. Plus a friend of mine played Endless for quite a while and he enjoyed it.

Are the games perfect? No. Combat is iffy, AI is hit or miss, there are balance issues and a few other things. But are the games good at what they set out to be? Fuck yes. With Civ going to shit and Stellaris still unfinished and every other 4x down the shitter these game stands out

Finally got around to trying Tabletop Simulator, after my friends practically begged me to buy it.

I can already see the appeal.

Nothing, i am pissed i missed the gog sale while i was traveling without internet tho. But theres nothing left on steam i want badly enough to pay for or pirate.

Banner Saga 2

Any good indie games I should buy that ain't SJW cancer? I already have the Binding of Isaac Rebirth and the Hotline Miami games.

Anyone want to buy me Mass Effect? It's only 5 bucks I got no money

steam id is bellakazza

pirate it you faggot

Painkiller Black Edition
FATE Undiscovered Realms
Overlord Classic Pack
LA Noire complete edition
Bully
POSTAL Redux
Hitman Blood Money
In total that was around $45, not a bad haul too considering 15 of that amount I won in a contest.

La Mulana if you want a really good Metroidvania.
Hurricane of Varstray if you like shmups.
Risk of Rain if you want an Isaac-ish game made by a Holla Forumsirgin.

I forgot I also got Spec Ops, so I'll add that in.

Pretty sure thats it. I haven't finished playing the games I bought in the last summer sale, yet.

The "recent" reviews metric is really starting to piss me off on Steam. Games that are good get a surge of negative reviews, and it's like EVERY GAME that is good has recent reviews negative or mixed, and every game that's just shit has a recent surge of positive, and it's like "fuck off," either it's good or it's bad, don't fuck around and try to pull a vote fixing.

I would but I'm in bumfuck no where with only 150mps internet connection

I bought Dark Souls (played it on 360 years ago), Door Kickers, Downwell, Gods Will Be Watching, Kingdom, Lakeview Cabin Collection, Risk of Rain, and This War of Mine.

Still have $5 left in my wallet, dunno what to spend it on. Mark of the Ninja looks cool but HLTB says it's only 10 hours or so to 100% and I'm looking for something that'll last a little longer.

>Nicely played, Steam

What is it, lads? Some kind of faggot simulator?

thats the only contribution im giving to shekels mc twoface
also :^)

Fable Anniversary

Jaysus, no. Better to just fucking bite it and get The Lost Chapters instead of this shitheap.

I got several multiplayer games for the sake of Co-op with bae.

And several single player shit I wanted to try:

And from Indiegala I got:
>Sniper 1 & 2 & 3 + DLC seriously go pick it it's like 1 dollar

I also successfully traded Dungeon of the Endless for a Hands of Fate that came from HB.
I spent about 40 bucks, roast me.

Dungeon Siege Collection
Dead Space 1&2
Valdis Story
Golden Axe 2&3
One Way Heroics & OWH Plus

and I got the Sanic humble bundle. I wanted to get the metroidvania bundle, but not nearly enough eurobux for that.

How is Pressure?

I haven't had the time to play it yet.
The trailer makes it look fun and besides, anything played with friends is good, even bad games.
So I saw it was 2 bucks and got it.

meme game

Are the prince of persia ports worth that money? Are they compatible with gamepads?

Only played Sands of Time, and it was atrocious on gamepad. Not natural at all compared to the console versions.

Oddly enough, playing them on KB+M was much easier.

I only saw one game that interested me on sale, and I didn't feel like the 20% off was worth it.
Also probably wont even have time to play it since I have to work.
rip enter the gungeon

but there are no crashes or otherwise fatal technical errors that make it impossible to play on windows pc?

That shit is overpriced as hell.
Why do indie in general never have decent sales if Edmund didn't make them?

God fucking damn it I swear.

Nope. Played it on a Windows 7 machine about 5 years ago. Not issues aside from horrid gamepad controls.

thanks

It's even worse than early access indie games are asking for $20+

At one point in time, I saw Planetary Annihilation asking $99 for fucking early access.
$99 DOLLARYDOOS
FOR THE UNFINISHED PRODUCT

You can't be for real.
I got it through humble bundle at least

Eldritch is pretty good, but can be god damn annoying. Love the trailer for it though.

He's extremely fucking for real. That's how much they were charging for Beta access.

Yes, their original price for early access on steam, was $99.
Worse than that, I think some people even paid that price for it.

Windward, some TW DLC, about $8 in total.

Yes I'm loving it too.
This far I managed to complete the first and second stages, but died on the third.
Do I have to take the three relics in one run without dying to unlock the final?

Also block creator spell a best.

Or even better

Another World
Dark Souls
Doom 1 and 2
GTA VIce City
Half Life 2 and the episodes
I Have No Mouth and I must Scream
Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee
Poker Night at the Inventory
Portal
Quantum Conundrum
South Park the Stick of Truth
Spelunky
The Stanley Parable
Story About My Uncle

probably spent around $40-50

I can't remember if you need to survive to get all three relics in place, but I do know this: Azathoth can go fuck himself. He's one of those stupid floating eyes that's massive in size and fast, and he instant kills you if he hits you.

My favorite pickup is the one that lets you break walls, steal the merchant's stuff without having to interact with the merchant cause you just pop into the shop, steal it, and get out in a 1 block tall tunnel.

Shoggoths are a bit bullshit though. Invincible, unkillable, and utterly annoying. You need block creator to trap them, otherwise they just harass you and every other creature on the level for all eternity.

Also doubled the size of the video, doesn't seem to have caused any artifacts.

I just picked up IS Defense, looking to remove kebab.

You mean the ones that die in few pistol shots…?
I didn't navigate much of the third level, are those a variant of the ones in the first stage?

Oh you're not a HP Lovecraft fan, I take it. Azathoth is the name of the Demon Sultan, the most powerful entity in creation next to Nyarlathotep. He's a "boss" if you can call anything in the game a boss, he appears during the last level in the Asylum as you try to escape.

I'm not entirely sure what the strategy is for avoiding Azathoth, all I know is, I died and had to start over when he hit me.

I'm a recovering warcrack fein, and the only new games I've played for 5 years are civ 5, civ BE and Skyrim. I don't have internet at the house, that Cities Skylines thread makes me want, I used to go for RPGs with good story, and I like good music like Bastion and Journey are either on PC?

I have $30. What get?

Any decent robut/much games? I'm fairly certain I'm going through withdraws at this point for mecha.

*Mech

I don't buy games from Steam anymore, but I still use it and I noticed today that I have a couple of bucks in my wallet from selling virtual hats, so I got TIS-100. Apparently it's from the same dev that made Specechem, so it's bound to be good.

I try to be one
How do I find the willpower to read big books?

Don't tie your continuation of the activity to pleasure. Delay gratification. Keep reading even when you don't want to.

I usually read a shit load… I just never start doing it.
How do I bring myself to read?

Don't accept the excuses you try to give yourself.

Or maybe you just don't like reading. Don't force it, user.

Bought everything with the nude tag that had decent looking art or design. Can't think of anything else to get.

bought rust
i'm filled with regret over giving gabe more money, but it's kinda fun

I'm just a faggot that gives way too much importance to his time.

read the short stories in small doses ya fag

It's not about liking it. Most people are crippled by needing to enjoy something to do it, then wonder why they are fat, or unskilled, or illiterate. Pleasure is experienced by reaching goals, but when you start out doing something, you will not reach very many of them, and hence it won't be fun. Lifting for the first time will leave you feeling sick, reading might give you a headache, but like I said, divorce your intent from desiring pleasure, and there is no problem. You do it to overcome the self.

I'm broke and my pc is down so nothing.

For me, I tend to put it off, but then I'll start reading the starting of something by Lovecraft or Poe and I think to myself "this is some good shit, I need to see where this goes."

The account of Arthur Gordon Pym was one of my favorite stories ever written, it was weird fiction written by Poe that probably had SOME level of inspiration on Lovecraft himself. Although Lovecraft started writing weird stories when he was like 4 years old, cause his granddad taught him how to read and used to read the Arabian nights and shit to him, and it's what inspired him to love Egypt so much.

Sound like a second year philo student.

how the fuck do you think you're going to download the game once it's purchased you dumb bastard

Bastion is on PC.

Supergiant (devs that made Bastion) made another game, Transistor. Think it has the same guy doing the soundtrack.

Also, if you enjoy Lovecraft, make sure you read some Howard too
The man is top tier even outside of Conan

Getting, ty. I have that soundtrack for running. Feels frontier, man!

store.steampowered.com/app/274940/

Depth is still one of the best assymetrical shooters out there. Heartily endorse.

the soundtrack for transistor wasn't nearly as good though

Yeah, Howard is good, he and Lovecraft used to correspond, but when his mom died he fucking used a handgun to end it all and that is probably one of the most traumatic things that caused Lovecraft's depression cycle. One of his bestfriends shooting himself in the fucking head.

The early 19th century was such a different age, back when suicide wasn't treated as "the coward's way out" (what a fucking joke that expression is), and the guy just could not cope with having his mom be dead. Honestly I think that Lovecraft and Howard were both autistic with chemical depression in their brains, and a lot of people like to theorize that maybe Lovecraft had his father's syphilis and that's why he had such a weird imagination. I think THAT is bullshit, but I do believe that he definitely had shit wrong in his head and it's what contributed to his darker years and his xenophobia.

In his later years he started reaching out to the world and traveling thanks to the jewess who took his virginity, but Lovecraft could have gone on to be a much better author if it weren't for the cancer.

Oh, wait, early 20th century. I forgot, you add one to the century count.

Speak for yourself I could listen to Ashley Barret all day.

Same
>Reading the logs you learn she was in love for you

Also, >dedicated humming button

bastion didn't even have that good of a soundtrack. neither of the games are good.

I'd buy it but I'm pretty sure it would give me a heart attack.

Is that a megalodon

Yes. One of the game modes is the Megalodon Hunt. One player is the megalodon and all of the others are normal divers. Whoever kills the Megalodon gets to become it and so and so forth. Whoever gets the most kills as the Megalodon wins. The Megalodon is not available in the other mode but he would be too OP if he were.

i thought it fit pretty well with the game.
the soundtrack wasn't the only thing i disliked about transistor. the gameplay never got challenging and always felt slow, the settings were bland.
really only the story was on par, and bastion's story was not a strong point just the presentation.

c'mon m80s, which one

Dragon's Dogma, I already own it on PS3 but I wanted to play it on a system that wouldn't crash after casing one spell.

Thinking about getting 7.62 High Calibre
And wondering how Darkest Dungeon is
And maybe something else not sure yet

Question: has anyone looked into Shrouded in Sanity? I didn't find a pirate anywhere to gauge it for myself.

Looks interesting, sell it to me.

I don't know.

I'd avoid it
The game is fun and great on the surface, but it's just RNG fest after that along with the devs nuking every fun build since the game is about "losing people and not completing dungeons"

Once you do the first few dungeons, you've done every dungeon in the game

I spent $12 on trading cards.

Shadow of Mordor
Prison Architect
South Park

And Nep 3 for a mate.

The main game mode aside from Megalodon Hunt is the Blood and Gold mode. Teams are four divers versus two sharks. Divers win if they can escort the mechanical diving thingie S.T.E.V.E. to each of the underwater chests and back to the ship or if they can wipe out the shark's life tickets. Sharks win if they destroy S.T.E.V.E. or eliminate the divers by wipe out their own life tickets.

youtube.com/watch?v=FGehpbomBF8

On the diver's side, the game almost always takes place in deep waters where visibility is very low. It means you must be very wary of your surroundings and use equipment such as underwater flares and sonars. The game is basically a survival horror - if you can spot the shark he dies very easily, but if the shark gets you between its jaws you are essentially dead. Weapons are nautically-inspired (harpoons, fish nets, underwater sonars), or adapted to underwater use (underwater pistols and rifles), or even special gear (a sonar gun, underwater mines, an explosive jabbing stick etc…) Acquiring such gear depends on getting money that can be cashed in both by escorting S.T.E.V.E. to the underwater chests or picking up stray loot around and taking it back to S.T.E.V.E.. Roughly 30% of the gold in the map is in the chests - in order to buy the best gear you have to search for loose loot which leaves you easy prey for the sharks, meaning you have to carefully balance staying on the defensive and going out exploring.

On the shark's side, the game becomes a stealth game. Your greatest weapon is the element of surprise and rushing headlong into the middle of four divers is a recipe for disaster. You pick one of many sharks, each of which specializes in something (the Great White can ignore damage and special effects, the Hammerhead deals bonus damage when thrashing divers against walls, the Thresher deals AOE damage with its tail, the Tiger can go translucent and avoid detection, so and so forth). When you kill a diver you get evolution points that you use to gain bonuses such as the ability to dash with a diver in your jaws, causing divers to bleed to death with your bites or regenerating health upon killing something.

The game's problems lie with some of the old maps where there are more enclosed spaces which the divers stand at a greater advantage of defending themselves, also divers will naturally gain gold by playing whereas sharks have to snowball their early game by killing divers, but overall the game is great fun to jump in, play a few matches and then stop.

Oh, 90% of the games end with the sharks overkilling the divers or vice-versa, 10% end with the humans surviving and protecting S.T.E.V.E.'s circuit, and only once have the Sharks managed to destroy S.T.E.V.E.. Basically, it is a bloodbath from start to finish.

And what level of the badge did you get with that $12?

Witcher Adventure Game is 85% off for 1.49 yurobucks if anyone wanted to try it.

Might be skippan Eyal. Want 5 euroes in there more, what do i get?

There is the trilogy of sniper on indiegala for dirt cheap

Is Tales of Zestiria any good? I keep seeing it on sale and I'm hunkering for a good JRPG

I've only heard it was turned into DLC hell and wasn't a good 'tales of…' game, but I haven't played it myself..

I bought Spec Ops The line on a key reseller and they gave me Call of Juarez for free.
Shitty sale imo

Basically, i want poorfag games recommended

See

How's Child of Light? I'm not asking because I'm going to buy it, I'm just asking if it's a good game and worth a pirate because fuck Uplay.

It's probably good, I only hear good things about it.

I really like it. Pirate it, it's worth it if you're intoo those RPGs.

do we have a list of AAA games on sale and their discount amounts?

Is it grindy? Not a big fan of the JRPG grind.

A bit late for that

Any of the GTA bundles good? Is IV Complete or III Trilogy better with mods?

Question; Are the devs of Divinity Original Sin SJW faggots or not? Also what's Holla Forums's thoughts on it?

There's not even anything interesting about the sale itself since there's no daily deals, flash sales or community choices. I don't know how they took a system that was engaging and worked perfectly and then crashed it into the ground.

I bought nothing and spent it on rent Helps that I finally stopped worrying and learned to love the pirate bay

EYE Divine Cybermancy

They are fine, and game is lots of fun. Get the enhanced edition.

Thanks user.

If there are no objections, getting GTA IV

There really isn't a reason to buy it, Rockstar is getting enough cash out of the Shark cards retards are buying for GTA Online.

That sale sucks big time, I only bought Stardew Valley.

Currently deciding if I get Age of Decadence too.

I got 25 eurisheckels left, I got
Subnautica
Lost Planet 2
Dark Souls 2 Me and a friend are going through all the games
Dragon's Dogma: DA

Any recommendations where I should put the rest of the money in?

Not videogames.

How is it not games my sweet summer child?

Don't get GTAIV, the optimization is ass

That doesn't really matter anymore though, but still no reason to buy it. He should just buy something else.

fuck me fam i already bought it

Vince is keeping the butthurt alive.

archive.is/Y9q45

Haha fucking great, that almost makes me want to get the game.

Is that game any good? Just picked up Divinity: Original Sin EE.

refund received, hopefully the 6 bucks get out of pending soon

I got my refund in 2 days

stay cucked

I can understand not giving money to EA or Activision but there is absolutely nothing wrong with supporting indie devs.

I'd rather eat dog shit than give even a dollar to some tattoo-ridden purple haired SJeW

wew ladie

Unlike Diablo 3, which is a piece of garbage that worsens with each update, Grim Dawn is actually fun. Also, it has a kick-ass soundtrack.

Got a bunch of cheap $0.50 shit. Anyone wanna trade Dying Light for Automation?

This is what I have (almost) finalized on, r8 and h8

We need to talk about your shit taste in games…

Any suggestions then? Or should I just waste my money like the pleb that I am?

Space Engineers is good, but unfinished and last time I played with planets it was a fucking nightmare and nearly crashed my computah (stop all the downloadin). That said, I've gotten over 100 hours out of the game thus far, it's so fucking comfy to mine ore and craft shit all day, there used to be a finite amount of resources where you'd have to wait for wandering ships but they've thankfully added randomly generated asteroids so you can now continue to mine resources on your maps.

Good stuff. I just can't speak in either support of planets because I never got them to work at a playable framerate, but I haven't tried it in nearly a year, so maybe they fixed it.

Yeah I'm aware of the unfinished state it's in but it looks too fun to pass up

Oh I'm making a recommendation to pick it up, $7.50 is the cheapest I've ever seen it go, so don't miss it. I paid twice that when I bought it years ago.

Bastion and Grim Dawn are good.

Thanks for the recommendation dude

I added Bastion since I can afford that, but what I mean is how would you suggest altering what I already have?

Drop Brutal Legend and the Capcom shit (I know it's hard, but you can do it. I haven't given a single dime to Capcom for 4 years). Brutal Legend really sucks, and Capcom doesn't deserve any money.

Yeah, I suppose I could just torrent capcom shit. But I mean come on, Brutal Legend isn't worth even one fiddy?

Nope.

Well alright then. Any other suggestions?

I bought Darkest Dungeon. It's a punishing game, but really good. Worth it if you don't already have it.

I'll check it out, thanks

i also bought darkest dungeon and man, pirate it first

as an user up there said, it's an RNG fest and the devs have patched out virtually every single viable strategy. try it out, maybe it's your thing, but i got about six hours in and realized i hadn't been having fun for about five of those

Pic related is about their future game, but haha, I like this guy.

So, genitalmen, sniper elite 3, yay or nay?

I got 7-8 games, then because I was a dollar short of a card, I got a piece of DLC for one of my already owned games. Tried to stick with half off or more for everything, but allowed myself one "cheat" game.
At the end of everything, my list looked like:
Overall, about $70 for everything. I'm planning on giving all of them the old college try this week, and making sure I like them.

You can get Sonic CD for 1 dollar if you get the sonic humble bundle.

I'd say pirate first, it definitely isn't the second coming of christ but is pretty good if it's the sort of gameplay you like and you can handle the quirks, hybrid builds (social+fighting skills) aren't advised for beginners, and when going for a social build it's good to store skillpoints to be able to pass required skillchecks. Save a lot, keep multiple saves and don't expect to do and see everything in one playthrough.

Sale's over, fucko, let the thread die.

I already got all the Sonic games I'm gonna need from past bundles.

Merely saying you could save money by buying it from there instead of from the steam store.

You get a steam key for it, anyway.

Yeah you're totally not a redditfag trying to fit in.