Albion Online

So this game is having its final beta released on August 1st.
Then it will come out probably at some point later this year.

I enjoyed Runescape for a while but I stopped with it at this point.

Any thoughts on this game? Is it going to be a good sandbox or is it just another probably failure?

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/XoXKc
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Bump

Will there be an open beta?

I've been following it for awhile because I'm willing to try any new sandbox mmo

it does sorta seem like it's been in perpetual closed alpha or closed beta to milk people for early access money

How much is it going to cost?

It's going to be free-to-play.
Which mean it's going to be absolute shit.

Also, it's made to be playable on Android and IOS.
It's cross-platform between fucking mobile devices.
It's not going to be very good.
Then again, Ace of Seafood is also a mobile game, so I could be wrong.

What the fuck? I assume it's going to be p2w?

Looks like an ASSFAGGOTS.
I guess it's called a "sandbox" MMO because it's a PvP-based MMO.

I heard the game was grindy enough to make a K-MMO blush so I'll pass

At first I read that as "Abortion Online"

In the end, it might as well be.

Might be good. It looked like it was going after UO/EVE players and it will probably do well with that audience.

This game looked extremely promising way back in closed beta/alpha but they've revamped the larger scale PVP so many times I've lost track.

If you must shill can't you at least do it right?

What's this game about?
What are its features?
Classes? Open world? Can i craft and build shit?

At least the video didn't have let the bodies hit the floor as music.

it's shit, guaranteed

Are you sure this isn't another ASSFAGGOTS? Because it sure fucking plays and looks like one, minus the laning mobs.

It isn't going to be F2P.
archive.is/XoXKc
I assume they will have some sort of cash shop like guild wars 2 instead. Which was largely okay. (compared to F2P games at least)

I just want a new Ultima Online style game that's good.

It's buy-to-play, not F2P. They changed it awhile ago. Cost me $30. Not sure they'll raise the price on release.

B2P. There is an optional subscription as well that you can buy with ingame currency.

It plays a bit like one, since they keep adding more and more skillshot abilities (which I'm a fan of), but aside from the isometric camera angle, that's where the similarities end.

It can be grindy, but definitely not to the same level as a K-MMO. The only way I can see someone thinking that, is if they absolutely refuse to use even a single learning point.

Learning points are accrued overtime while online, and if you have the optional (paid with ingame silver) subscription, you'll also accumulate them while offline. They can be used to finish filling the progress bar on new crafts/gearpieces/harvesting/etc.

The cross-platform still has me wary, but at least the developers have come out and said that the mobile/tablet platforms are just meant for crafting/harvesting, not combat.
Plus, it's natively supported on Linux, and other than the Destinyboard having a black background, it runs pretty damn well. I'm biased though because I'm really fucking sick of having to use WINE.

Shilling should be left for release, but I'll spoonfeed you, Babybird.

It's a sandbox, so basically whatever the fuck you want. You can make a merchant/trader empire, control major territories with a guild, just farm on your personal island like a putz, or just fuck around with a small group of friends in open-world dungeons/raids fucking with other groups or zergs.

Classes are completely dependent on what you're wearing, mainly your weapon. Equipment has ability slots that you choose, and that's what populates your hotbars. You can mix different armors for abilities that you prefer, or stick to one type for either the dmg/healing boost (cloth), mobility (leather), or general tankiness (plate).
With the exception of a couple short beginner dungeons and your personal/guild island, absolutely everything is open world. Dungeons, Raids, blah blah blah.
All gear (with the exception of some incredibly rare drops) is made by crafting, and PvP in Red and Black zones is completely open-loot, so don't die. You can build some things in the open world (They say they're adding more), but most buildings you can make go in cities, or on the guild/personal island.

You can literally buy ingame currency with real money in Guildwars 2

You can literally directly buy power in Guildwars 2