Sega suspends people using dps meter in PSO2

archive.is/DWMfD
archive.is/XsCos

I know a bunch of you still play this. Discuss.
Is this a good or a bad move?
Apparently Sega will ban suspend regardless of your IP, so I wonder what jap players think about it.

Other urls found in this thread:

pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?236056-Official-statement-from-SEGA-on-parsing-tools
pso2.jp/
reddit.com/r/PSO2/comments/4qsclz/an_open_letter_to_sega_and_the_pso2_team/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Also
pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?236056-Official-statement-from-SEGA-on-parsing-tools
Salt abound

I'm not surprised. Sega has hit a streak of clamping down on users with tools or just even trying to play normally. Whether it be GameGuard or Sega they're getting carried away with this shit. What helped MMOs prosper in the west was the ability to mod and use plugins but with Sega and GameGuard they just don't care.

I don't know two shits about coding, but couldn't parser potentially open some ways to cheat in the game without GG shutting you down?
Like artificially inflate damage or tweak your stats?

I'm not advocating sega there, I'm just asking, because dps parser, at least for me, looks like a huge step further than just translating in-game texts.

If not it's just probably pandering to casual crowd that was harassed by tryhards refusing to carry them or something. PSO2 has a lengthy history of lowering difficulty despite being one of the most casual action games ever made, rivaling musous on normal mode.

I really don't feel for either side.

I'd prefer it gone but thats just me.

This is probably it. To stop them establishing a meta, and then forcing other players to stick to it through bullying/kicking.

I don't know if it has changed since I left, but this still shouldn't change the fact that if you aren't limit breaking you're either the WB, or dead weight.

Would've loved to get some parses before they put a stop to it.

I fail to see how what is functionally a tachometer being used, would constitute fraud or cheating, but whatever, SEGA has been retarded ever since they sold out to the Yakuza and all of their best programmers blew away like dust.

Only smart decision they've made recently is hiring a professional shitposter to be as the yard apes say, "savage AF", on the twatter.

Even if you don't have some kind of objective optimal standard build, when has that ever stopped anybody from bullying/kicking people who didn't play the game the way someone else wanted them to play the game.

I can understand getting your panties in a twist if you're going for some kind of competitive TA, or like challenge mode for PSO where players were specifically restricted to a Sega Approved Build and given a specific job, for a specific party composition, to be done in a specific timeframe.

Can't these faggots just relax and have fun, anymore?

>expecting a japanese MMO to be anything but shit

Japan can't MMO user, just accept it. Even when they have sure fire hits like PSO2 and DDOnline they fuck it up. By all rights FF 14 should have failed too.

Look, I don't know if you know, but people addicted to the drink don't necessarily like it after it's been drunk so many times to the point that it's dull on their tongue.

You become dependent on it. It's no longer about fun or enjoyment at that point. It becomes your life.

Japan and many asian countries, not to mention others, have communities with addiction problems. You know how the alcohol industry makes most of it's money off of addicts? phone game industry does it too.

Same with online games like MMOs.

This is why so many MMOs aren't fun, especially these days. They're skinner boxes with a pattern to take advantage of addicts who will spend way too much on far too little.

And when all the fun loving casuals leave the pretty free game they tried out for fun, the addicts, who don't have fun, bully the rest and make it shit.

Back in the day when it was about FUN, rather then the skinnerbox, this didn't happen as much.

Neither PSO2 nor DDO are MMOs though.
At their core they're also better than most modern single player action games, but not only they are marred by f2p attachments, but in case of PSO2 actually difficulty of enemies and bosses was thrown down the well.

Because let's face it, if you're tryhard who cares about gear, proper builds and strategies, chances are you're also an autist who just grinded all of that power you have. You are not likely to spend any money on a free to play game, even if you're addicted to it.

Casuals on the other hand spend happily to both buy better gear AND pretty accessories.

Now, who do you think sega should pander to? People who give them money or people who don't?

That's also the reason why there is no PvP. Casuals won't care for it, and tryhards don't give sega money. Why waste the effort?

So never? PSO2 was a skinnerbox from get go, right from the beginning.
It did indeed have challenging bosses and required skill to play, all of which was nerfed since then. If you mean that, then yes I agree with you. It started as DMC light and went into Musou/Basara territory where barely anything is a threat.
But it always was a skinnerbox.

It's a fucking gay move, I fucking hate it. Damage Parser was one of the things that kept game interesting as instead of simply fighting piss easy bosses you walked the road of self-improvement. Now it's back to mediocrity of grinding stones/Collection Sheet. And that with ep4 around (and new director), which is complete "lets attract ps4 casuals with IRL fashion, stupid animu and story, poor updates, and literally impossible to lose kancolle boss fight" shit. This is, too, a reason why parser was banned - some people don't like to see that they suck and instead of getting gud they get pandered by Sega. It's like Jewzzard and WoW, but now in Japan.

No. And GG is total shit as anti-cheat system, it's easy to go around and simply disable it instead of fucking with parser.
Is that really the deal? The only episode of harassment I remember was when 4chin overparse autist went for 8chin axeon autist. Nihonmen might shit on their 2ch but they're too beta to say people in the face that they suck.

Class metas and gear-whoring was established long before parser.

DDO was japanese? wow

If I look at the game
That makes little sense to me.

I cannot say I disagree with them on this.

MMOs used to be about fun until every retard decided that all that matters is muh deepz and min-maxing morons.

PSO2 is a game I enjoy because people actually enjoy and want to have fun and it should stay that way.

fuck dps faggots.
I don't want to have to play the game with a max-min build just to be able to play.

Back when the game was in beta one of the hardest missions was the resource mining mission for the desert. It wasn't hard because of damage sponge enemies, it was hard because you were encouraged to beat it quickly and in order to do that you had to understand the map spawning system and have real people on your group who understood the mining mechanics.
Also back in the beta the main thing people did for fun was burst party, again something that wasn't about dps, but just something that required 12 players to be working together. Who knows, maybe the game will go back to being fun.

Post bouke rifle if you've been playing for so long then.

fuck forgot to fix the spelling *bouquet

good.

meter whores are what killed MMO communities.

FFXI was one of the best, little kid.

Yea, nothing had to with meter and it hadn't changed since then, the team still organizes MPA and comes up with strategy and stuff to beat EQs. Meter is a personal thing, if fags bring it outside for dick waving they are just dicks.

Like it'll stop deeps dicks.

Am I the only one who remembers what PSO1 was like when it first came out on the dreamcast? The game was completely broken by insane item duplication, changing resta to insta kill the whole party, people would have level 200 characters just deleted, or brink your VMU.
Now of course I'm not saying that using a parser is as bad as that, but I think I would rather have Sega clamp down hard on this sort of thing, rather than the alternative.

If the parser was a cheating tool but it's not. And don't forget that GG is shit so it's not GG that stops people from using parser, it's threats from Sega assholes.

Do I basically need to pay for a Japanese VPN to try this? The download was over 30GB the last time I thought about it, and that would take ages on my burgerland connection. Free VPNs and shit don't seem like they would maintain a consistent enough connection to even play the game.

If you can open pso2.jp/ then you don't need VPN, otherwise that means you're from SEA and you can use furryproxy from tweaker.

Wow, pretty polarizing opinions right there.
I myself don't give much shit, casuals gonna casual and tryhards gonna tryhard, nothing fucking change, but I really fucking wonder if sega's telling the truth about shit being malicious or just doesn't have fucking balls to say that "we're doing this to fuck over smaller part of our playerbase to please bigger one, fuck you".
Fucking corporate fags.

I played plenty of PSO1, but I soloautisted pirated copy, rather than playing online. Yeah, that's not how it's meant to played, but I played PSO2 the same way until I hit 70 level cap, when it still was a cap.
Only then I started to socialize.
I remember no some killer bugs or shit that fucked me over in a big way, guess that was online thing.
Also game was localized, wasn't it? You know sega's shit at localizing. Plenty of people want PSO2 being localized, but old folks from PSO1 and PSU, god bless that fucking abomination, will telly you that you wouldn't get no good game outta that.

Lemme rev up a fucking client, nigga, I haven't logged in a good while, but I didn't delete this shit from my PC yet.
But no I didn't play it during open beta, I jumped the ship when it went full release, and there already were people talking about nerfed Vol Dragon and shit.
And lemme telly you even since then they nerfed plenty of shit, made classes stronger, and even wasted a few core gameplay mechanics like enemies' deflection. Niggers with shield could really fuck you over if you was going melee. Well not anymore.

Oh shit, I guess I DID sell it because of shit stats and the fact that I don't use rifles much AND because there is similar weapon camo.

Still you can buy bouquet rifles, so it wouldn't prove anything whatsoever.

Don't worry, Kitsune will save us all

reddit.com/r/PSO2/comments/4qsclz/an_open_letter_to_sega_and_the_pso2_team/

Fixed that for you.

Death flag.

Yeah that tone will surely lead to good things happening.

Filthy casuals ruin everything.

Nigga just makes sure that you WILL use his proxy, SEA or not.

Huh. I know when I tried a while back it wouldn't let me download the game files at all. Did Sega decide to let us filthy gaijin in, or was there just something wrong on my end? Either way, thanks for letting me know. Now I just have to wait for this hot mess to make its way onto my hard drive.

Nips have a large stick up their ass about players messing with their code
Every developer that's had a cool secret exposed by data miners probably feels the same way

After the rant in The New Tetris was discovered in record time, devs should really have an expectation, rather than fear, that embedded easter eggs will get found.

With those damn dirty japs it seems to be more of a cultural thing, a respect for the medium and the experiences it provides, and violating that is like you're going to their house and poking around in their closets

Reminds me of how pissy McMillen got when people dug up the Lost from BOI Rebirth.
Did he really not expect that?

PSO2 is casual as fuck, why would you ever need something like this?

I really need to keep up with the times.
All i can offer for evidence now is a cropped screencap of the email with the bouquet rife code and my player ID number, which I have been told, the lower the number the older the player is.
Sorry for the delayed response I was playing games.

Player ID is proof of an oldfag enough.
Since they're given out in order having under 11~ means that you registered during beta, or even earlier.

Why aren't you using tweaker?

Because I didn't know that was a thing until just now. Thanks.

deeps whores ARE casuals now. that's why they ruin everything. in the old days what defined it was dedication, now it's just muh deeps muhfugga bixnood.

DDO is worst psuedo MMO.
Literally nothing fun in that entire game

This is true, but remember how they used to ban people for using windower in order to alt tab? Eventually they changed it but lots of people were caught.

I think the had a good Windower could have been a gateway to Chinese Gil farming. Don't know if it was, but ffxi is old as fuck. I think it was a more legitimate concern than dps meter in an already piss easy f2p action game.

I think it's pretty retarded. I never used it but I stopping people that want to seems pants-on-head.

There's nothing fun about someone in a team-based game fucking their team over.

Badabump

The only thing that matters in this game is the DPS, there's not weight to dieing/failing because you get revived effortlessly and cheaply by one of your 11 team-mates, your DPS just drops a bit because when you're down you can't deal DPS. Rather than hiding the actual DPS values from the players, they should balance/adjust the game so that it's not only bravers/techers trying kill the monsters faster each time. Every other class is outclassed because their DPS output is lower, the only use for rangers is for the weak bullet, gunners for the occasional "weak to gun" monsters.
First lower the damage output of bravers and techers, they're already easy mode classes because of safe attack options and auto targeting moves, that would be a good start. Then make so that dieing has a bigger impact on the quests and that you don't have an army fighting alongside you, the way it is now is way too trivialised, you don't have to worry about anything other than DPS. This is the reason I don't play this game anymore, getting to max level playing each quest along with a friend was nice, but endgame gameplay is just effortless DPS piss contests.

I'm pretty sure that's "dying".
But yeah I agree with you.
I only keep playing it for dress up.

This. When the super duper final universe ending boss of your game can be nuked to death in five minutes by pugs then you've fucked up somewhere.

Sega needs to remove MPAs and limit every quest to four people. Then they need to get rid of the EQ system entirely and make all quests available at all times so that there's a reason to play the game for more than 15 minutes every few hours.

That will just make it a single player game with co-op and always online DRM.

What they actually should do, as this dude here said is to make enemies dangerous and players less powerful and death something that you absolutely don't want to happen.

Like tears in the rain.

All of them are shit and can be bought for meseta.
Do you really think that Sega would give anything good or valuable for free?

I spent almost 2k excubes to 6 slot my weapon. I gave up and went with 5s. Stamina4 gone waste.

While you're right about game being too easy, there's tons of bullshit in your post.

I facepalm every time I hear this in regards to PSO2. This game is so fucking casual that you can easily clear any quest with the biggest group of shitters imaginable, even multiple rappy suiters. Why do you need the maximum possible DPS when even XH level bosses melt in seconds? Does it really matter that much to you that you beat the boss before the code duel thing even pops up as compared everyone else who "takes so long" that the announcer is almost done talking when the boss dies? It just seems to me that you people are looking for challenge in a game that, from day one, has always pandered to casuals. It's been that way for four years already. It's time to get the hint that this game will never be challenging to the point that it requires min-maxing and ultimate gear with 20 slots.
Also,
So much for the master race that builds their own computers using raw minerals and programs their own operating system because it's so easy.

You mean since they were founded? Reminder to everyone that most if not all Japanese videogame companies are run by the Yakuza.

PC gamers haven't been anything resembling a master race in a long time. Shit like Steam turned the PC into a fourth console years ago, and most "PC gamers" but prebuilt shit from Best Buy.

I don't play this game, but I've played MMORPGs for 15+ years now and I've seen both sides of the argument when it comes to DPS meters.

I'm going to save you all some time and say that

yes, you should want DPS meters in your game.

-Serious tryhard players will use them anyway even at the risk of getting caught
-It gives you a threshold to gauge your performance against other players of your class, helping you improve
-It actually forces the developers to balance their classes

Third point is most important.

Decent players always have a gauge of their party's performance. Sometimes you end up carrying obvious dead weight that developers try to ignore. This will cause most competitive players to gravitate to a few classes, causing an imbalance in the population that will eventually bite the community in the ass.

A few recent examples:

TERA didn't allow DPS meters when it launched, but some gooks managed to hack up something that read in game memory and they found out that Bersekers were doing THREE TIMES LESS DAMAGE than Sorcerers, and were actually being outdamaged by Lancers, the only fucking tank class they had to compete against for gear.

FFXIV turned a blind eye to DPS meters, but the community eventually found out that Bards were one of the top DPS classes despite being support, and melee classes (DRG, MNK) had some of the worst DPS due to difficult skill combos and the inability to override dots. Summoners were complete dogshit that didn't scale with content because pets didn't scale with gear stats.

In both cases DPS meters showed glaring problems that players already knew, but developers tried to ignore.

So? Did devs do anything in either of those games?

A shame isn't it?
Game provides so much room for autism and minmaxing yet none the reasons to do so apart from epeen contest.

Like the only challenging thing currently is 1 person XQ but not only it's expensive to even participate, but it barely gives out any rewards worth the effort.

They were founded by Jews out of Hawaii milking the GI's who were stationed in Japan during the occupation out of their spare change.

Sega is a portmanteau of Service Games
Service is a reference to Military Service

They were founded by Irving Bromberg, and then merged with David Rosen of Rosen Enterprises to gain a foothold off of military bases and insert their coin-ops into mainland Japan. It was then sold to Gulf & Western Industries (founded by Charles Bluhdorn - also a Jew), who spun Sega off into it's own subsidiary - which was then bought back in 79 by Rosen and some Japanese goy - but that failed when the videogame market crashed. Rosen's buddy Isao Okawa (CSK) bought the company up and ran them until the end of the Dreamcast era where he basically had to embezzle tons of cash out of CSK and give loans out of his own personal fortune in order to keep Sega afloat during their transition to 3rd party.

If the Yakuza got their talons into Sega, it was after the Dreamcast. Because the Jews and Jew enablers are the ones who controlled them prior to that.

They're pretty good at writing about them, though.
I'd play the shit out of Elder Tale from Log Horizon, if it existed.

But Elder Tale is just an extremely generic MMO. It's only interesting because the players are actually living in the world.

Were it to be limited on a screen I think it'd be pretty boring.

I don't think so. The option to gimp yourself and go solo a XH boss is always there. You just need to get creative about the ways you flash your e-penor.

Nostalgia is one hell of a drug.

Oh man, overlord's MMO was pay to win as fuck that was hilarious. "oh ainz just dumped mucho dollars in the cash shop, and that's why he wins"

Is that you milk

where is repot

Namedropping is shit practice you know.
Delete this

Everyone knows its a deep game built on its social aspect like that anime they had earlier this year. It's about evolving yourself as a person as you play in a social virtual environment. Cheating is bad so says lord Sega. Also, they should bring back Clockwork Knight since they reference that in the anime so somebody must remember it.

Either reinstall english patch or do a complete file check.

I just did the file check and that resets your english patches anyway so I redid those and I get nothing still. I only have 2 mbs down and 1 mb up now so I think that may be an issue but I don't know.