Wrestling thread: Here comes the pain...Again! edition

Share your love and hate for all things wrestling and vidya related.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=VYvMOf3hsGA
twitter.com/IMPACTWRESTLING/status/748245122530213889
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I just want AKI to make a new game.

Why did they have to cut it off?

On the bright side there are always mods

I miss it to man still go back to SvR 2007 to play it. I don't know what made them get ride of it. Personally I think it's because of ECW in SvR 2008 it spread the roster really thin for GM mode. Another reason to hateWWECW

People always talked shit about GM mode when the game came out. You and me were in the minority bud.

I was thinking bout just buying a tv and buying a ps2 to play SvR 2006 again. At first I disliked it because what the fuck is this shit doing in a wrestling game, then I gave it a chance and I never dropped it. That shit was perfect, managing man drama, it was fucking glorious. for that reason alone I actually wanted to give Football Manager game a try, but then I checked the Eternaly Football Manager threads in /sp/ and looked videos, it's not the same as managing some wrastlin man drama.

Sup /woo/?

This absurd though. They should be able to bring it back. Imagine a GM mode with Smackdown, Raw, Nitro, ECW, NXT and Thunder brands. Where you can betray people and send guys to interfere in matches.

who /raw2/ here?

They can definitely bring it back now for sure. 100+ wrestlers is more then enough. Although Nitro and ECW would be tricky unless they bring back a ton of older wrestlers and set it back in the 90s. Although it would be nice to play as Eric and Heyman and maybe for fun or for a expert mode play as Russo in 2000 WCW

finally a wrestling vidya thread. been playing svr 2007 been having a blast.

No, I was asking if anyone played Raw 2 for the xbawks.

oh shit i'm fucking retarded.

have a cute asian gril.

WWE 2k16. I've made a huge all women's wrestling federation and go super in detail customizing them, their personalities, movesets, and entrances. I just like watching women wrestle each other, it's really not any more complex than that. I do my best to make sure all of them are booked well.
When I'm not playing as my custom wrestlers, I just play feuds of whoever I would like to see fight IRL.
Dean Ambrose. He's NOT dropping that title at battleground. Probably will at Summerslam. Sasha Banks is also going over. I just want Bray Wyatt to be in the title scene again. Guy is a total package right there. I hope Luke Harper heals soon.

Also, for people going over, Shinsuke Nakamura has gone over literally everyone in WWE he has fought. He's booked like the deadliest striker in wrestling, and I'm okay with that.
Bo Dallas. Curtis Axel. Kalisto. Sin Cara. Heath Slater. ZACK RYDER GETS BURIED ALL THE TIME.
Kevin Dunn and Vince Mcmahon, unfortunately.

Posting one of the greatest wrestling moments of all time.

Kenta Kobashi is possibly one of the greatest wrestlers of all time. He's up there with guys like Terry Funk.

When he enters for the last time to deafening screams, I feel tears coming on. Japanese crowds are usually quieter than most others out of respect for the wrestlers, but they show their appreciation for Kenta.

KOBASHI
KOBASHI
KOBASHI
KOBASHI

Also, anyone here watch Lucha Underground? It's pretty well booked and crazy as fuck.

post obscure matches.

Nigga pick one

Bayley a cute

Sef is da man

yea by obscure i mean't matches that haven't reach the states.

Fair enough. Wrestle Kingdom gets like 60,000 seats filled so I was just like Whaaaaat?

Here's an all time great from two of the most over guys in Japan. R.I.P. Misawa.

mentioning videogames in the op doesn't make your thread Holla Forums related

It's real late dude. I can talk about the game for sure, but I'm just tired and want to watch wrestling. It's just nice to see people on 8ch who also like Pro Wrestling.

We've had PCSX2 for a while now user :3

I have amd 8350.

I heard amd cpus are shit for emulating so I have not bothered to try.

If Ramen didn't touch any weed, Ambrose wouldn't be near that belt.

Dolph Ziggler gets fucked over as much as Ryder. Vince and Dunn hate him. Wyatts are also getting buried one way or another. Also, any female wrestler who isn't Charlotte/Natalya/Bella is kinda jipped like Paige (Sasha is good, but she's related to Snoop, who got inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame. That kinda helped her).

Zack and Heath get paid half a million to stay buried and be jobbers

my amd 6300 on my linux build emulate games perfectly.

I-It hurts.
;_;

Wyatts are definitely going over the new day. They're super over (which doesn't necessarily mean a push) but they've been involved with mostly important feuds during their time.

They've managed to do great stuff even when they're not in the title scene, and Erick + Braun are being booked like monsters again.

I have a good feeling, once this New Day feud is over.

really now? I usually stayed away from emulating anything higher than a psp due to amd cpus having poor emulating performance. I'm gonna have to start emulating ps2 now.

About time.
I'm tired of the Wyatts getting treated as jobbers.
They deserve to be on of the main roster.

am i the only one who played this, because i never see anyone talking about.

Jobbing is being Zack Ryder. That sorta over guy who gets fed to dudes like based Rusev so a guy the crowd kinda likes can lose to get the other dude over as a heel.

The Wyatts are always parts of feuds. Losing a feud isn't jobbing. The last time Bray Wyatt was in a non feud match was a tag match with Roman Reigns, and Bray Wyatt was booked as the hot tag.

Like I said, I think they've got stuff coming up.

I can't be the only one who wants a Joe vs Brock or Joe vs Rusev right?

Both of those ideas are amazing.

Samoa Joe is the fucking man.

Joe is going to job to Shinsuke since Shinsuke is the most protective wrestler at the moment. he hasn't lost or been pin since his debut

I would say so, hell my first wrestling game was WCW vs nWo Revenge

Yeah, but they both have super high powerlevels.

One of them is getting called up pretty soon, maybe both. I don't really mind who wins, they're both good at their promos and amazing wrestlers.

Ryder deserves better.

Now if Vince and Dunn can stop treating Ziggler like shit…

You better be fucking right.

This. A thousand times this.

Vs. Brock would be great…if Brock did more than 5 moves and 5-6 suplexes (I still like Brock)…

Suplex City has run its course

is 2K16 shit?

why is it only 14 bucks?

SvR 2004 is the best wrestling game. Best game modes, best story mode, best wrestlers.

i fucking love wrestling character creators

For the most part, not really. Run it on medium, and learn how all the attributes work.

It becomes pretty fun once you learn how everything works. It's not AMAZING, but it's got a fucking huge roster and even the most obscure wrestling moves to use as part of custom move sets.

For 14 bucks, it's definitely worth it. It's great to set up a league of custom wrestlers, then simulate all the matches and watch them build feuds/have amazing matches with each other.

Just take the time to learn how shit works, and you'll have a good way to spend an evening.

Alright lets do this.
Lets post your favorite vidya pro-wrestler.

The biggest issue with Brock is that almost no one seems credible when booked against him. It's like Cornette says, he's the ONLY guy on the roster the fans believe is 'real', so watching him sell for a skinny fucker like Ambrose isn't something anybody in the crowd buys. No one on the current roster besides the Undertaker is even in his league powerlevelwise, they've booked themselves into a corner with this so they end up having to do goofy shit like the weapons or the three man matches so he can lose without getting pinned. They very badly need a babyface to have a long program with him and beat him at the end so 1. someone can finally get the rub and 2. he's back down to earth and you can book him like a top star instead of a weird videogame hidden boss.

didn't even know that existed.

Meant to say SmackDown! Shut Your Mouth. That one's my personal favorite besides WWE2K16. I just want JR back on commentary, and different commentary teams for the different brands, plus a referee select option like they did in the UFC games. No better referee than Earl Hebner.

Nice dubs.

Also, are you guys talking about Brock Lesnar? I saw him at the OP but I thought he went UFC.

Fuck, the last time I saw him fight was with Eddie Guerrero. It's been a while.

Triple H has been booked to occasionally beat him. He's JUST strong enough that he can sometimes go over, but still lose to smaller guys like Daniel Bryan.

The Rock has also recently been booked as strong enough. He's big enough too.

Braun Strowman was originally gonna be booked as a monster for the Brock feud, but that plan got canceled. He's still being booked as super strong, but the story changed a bit.

He managed to work UFC fights into his WWE contract.

He's fighting at UFC 200 vs Mark Hunt in 6 days, and then is supposed to appear at Summerslam.

It's fucking CRAZY that he even got that stipulation since UFC fights can keep you from wrestling due to more severe injuries.

Brock doesn't give a single fuck how it affects his WWE career though.

That was fucking ages ago. It's been a completely different thing since Undertaker at wrestlemania.
He's not even really a wrestler anymore. They're not going to bring him back to beat Brock, that's fucking retarded, you need to have a full time, YOUNG babyface go over him.
I thought he was going to be the guy, definitely not to beat Brock since it's heel-heel and Brock as a face doesn't really work and neither does Strowman, but to eventually take his role. Then the IWC turned on him.

I havent played a wrestling game since the one that came out in the early 360 days. It felt stiff and plasticy for some reason. I hope this is better.

Do any of you participate in any combat sports? I picked up boxing recently, it's pretty fun.

I agree about Triple H. I'm not sure how he's gonna be booked after losing to Ramen, but he signed another 3 year wrestling (besides his management stuff) contract.

As for the Rock, I think it's retarded how part timers are the ones booked to be strongest these days in WWE, but for a while there Vince apparently wanted Brock vs Rock for WM 33, so who knows?

I did martial arts for 10 years, and some high school wrestling, then some rugby.

Now I just work out and watch pro wrestling, but I like to think I've still got it (I'm only 21, after all.)

Why'd you quit?

I just transitioned into different things that took up my time. I was a 2nd degree black belt already at that point.

I still practice on my own some, and I wrestle with my close circle of friends when we get together. Last time I wrestled my best friend, I had control and won by putting him in a Kimura lock (no, I didn't complete it, that would break his arm.)

I'd just figure if I ever got that far I'd try to make money out of it somehow. Open up my own school or something.

Do you not like glory?

youtube.com/watch?v=VYvMOf3hsGA

i know its stupid but i love you dad and i hope your kickin' back in a better place. Wrestling is pretty cool too and i will watch more i promise.

I'm a writer these days.

I know I was a good martial artist. I'm not that tall and only like 160 pounds, so I'm more of a cruiserweight. My master's master took me aside to tell me he thought I was very talented when he visited (He was like a ninth degree). I always liked it, but it just never felt like my calling.

Watch Lucha Underground. It's one of the few promotions that's booked as well as Attitude Era WWF. NXT is pretty good these days, and so is NJPW.

Strangely enough, TNA has been pretty decent (I know, right?) Jeff Hardy and Matt Hardy are doing one of their fucking craziest angles in years and Bobby Lashley is in a good place up there with his title run.

Don't listen to that faggot, Lucha Underground is barely pro-wrestling, it's just fucking mexican Mortal Kombat. Show has more in common with WMAC Masters than anything else. Stick to NXT and maybe TNA. Don't bother with Smackdown and Raw, they're fucking terrible.

Oh yeah and while I'm at it the Attitude Era was hugely overrated, Vince Russo is a cunt and WCW was the best wrestling promotion with the best talent and the best matches in the world until that gremlin rolled over to fuck it up.

Hey now, some people like mexican mortal kombat. It's more of a tv show than pro wrestling, but it's still a lot of fun.

Vince Russo IS an asshat.

Leave and don't come back.

You just made it sound more awesome.

tell us something we haven't known for 20 years, user.

To be fair, although Dixie Carter is AWFUL at financing, the actual storylines in TNA have been pretty well booked recently.

We call it Wrestlekino.

This is what the Hardy Boyz are up to these days. It's fucking crazy.

twitter.com/IMPACTWRESTLING/status/748245122530213889

Matt what happened to you!!!

More like Hogan, Nash, Hall, and the other backstage politicians fucked it up. Russo made it worse.

TNA is currently the best booked wrestling show in America not called NXT.

No thank you.

Ring of Honor

Non-entity. Might as well bring up fucking GFW.

Would Matt be able to pull of his WWE return as his "brother nero" gimmick

You don't know how to tell sarcasm through text, do you?

Either way, Matt Hardy's current angle has drawn a lot of attention to pro wrestling and TNA. He KNOWS it's super melodramatic retardedness, and it's hilarious enough that people want to see how it turns out. Add in the fact that the Hardy Boyz have amazing synergy wrestling each other and it turns out to be pretty entertaining.

Jeff Hardy is brother Nero, though.

BROTHER NERO

This is the current state of GFW.

You know damn well that's not the point I'm trying to make.

Will he return with his machiavellian persona.

It gets better

Imagine him debuting as broken Matt Hardy and doing shit with the Vaudevillains.

Why would he lower himself to a bunch of jobbers

Until TNA drops that stupid Enigma gimmick and just calls him Jeff Hardy again as well as making him not look retarded with all that facepaint, then I'd recommend TNA higher than ROH. Truth be told though, Without Kurt Angle, Jeff Hardy, and all the other WCW/WWE alumni, more people would be watching Ring of Honor.

The hardy boys after all these years. Holy shit. Who else is still wrastlin? Is undertaker still there? I'll admit I dropped wrestling when he lost in wrestlemania. Anyone from evolution still going?

I'm not saying it would be good, I'm just wondering how batshit insane it could all get.

i'm glad i stopped watching tna, but at the same time kinda disappointed i'm missing the train wreck.

Undertaker is still wrestling. Only person who ever beat his streak was Brock Lesnar, and Taker still got revenge on him.

Triple H and Randy Orton still wrestle, but Batista is too based for WWE and is doing his own shit.

By the way, I heartily recommend everybody here watch this fucking video. I think I've already exposed myself as a Cornette guy earlier but he really boils it down in this video.

Batista has always been my favorite wrestler, right next to Randy and the rest of the Evolution members, they were my top favorite team. Especially after Eddie died and Benoit went psycho. I'm still having doubts about the official story on these guys. Knowing how much money is involved you can't never be too sure if things happened as they said it happened, I mean look at the tupac shit.

OH RADIO, WHERE DID MY GREAT PUSH GO?

Becky is the best

Day of Reckoning/DoR2 have the best gameplay of any wrasslin game.

I swear replace wrestling with video games and you'll have the same exact fukcing thing.

This guy has described everything that is wrong with the vidya industry, even said why Dave left his show. Vidya aint dead yet. But it will be if no one says damn thing. That entire video describes every thing that is wrong with the industry.

This is important. Everyone in Holla Forums should watch this. It's a fucking warning.

Yeah, I think maybe that's why this video stuck with me. That part about not letting people into the business that weren't going to take care of it really resonated with me, I guess now I know why.

He hit the nail right on the head. What everything is wrong with the entertainment business is as exactly as he said.

fukken saved.

Look, you need to take everything Cornette says with a grain of salt.
Learning the basics of wrestling history immediately shows that it's not all black and white, and not everything is what it seems.
Wrestling got big BECAUSE people from outside the business came in and made it huge.

Companies that DIDN'T do that, such as WCW, back when it was composed of wrestling fanatics and the product was FOR wrestling fanatics, crashed and burned with no survivors.
While Vince prospered, surrounding himself with "outsiders" that innovated and pushed the product towards directions that were way past a couple of sweaty dudes grabbing each other crotch in the ring with shitty audio and video quality.

Now, is current wrestling suffering because, especially among the writers, there's people that don't give a shit about wrestling?
Yes.
But that doesn't mean things get automatically better when you put wrestlers, or wrestling fanatics in charge of booking and making storylines.
Do i need to remind you the SHITSHOWS Dusty Rhodes (god bless his soul) was pulling out of his ass back in the day to put himself over because he was sometimes he was a retarded fuck that didn't know what was best for business?
Do i need to remind you the slimy politics and cliques that were formed back when there were experiments with putting wrestlers themselves in charge?

Like take 2 seconds looking back at wrestling history and you immediately realize that it's not as simple as Cornette makes it out to be.
I like the guy, i really do, but talk is cheap, anyone can get onto a stage and declare "it was better in the old days, only wresslers should into wrasslin'", it's fucking easy, it's not how shit works.

Vince is the guy that ACTUALLY understood how this business worked and managed to adapt it over the years, before he got out of touch because, simply put, he's just too old now.
Triple H will be the guy that will pull the product out of this ditch, assuming he actually manages to control this shitshow before Vince put it into the ground for good.
And make no mistake, what Triple H does is sticking to simplicity, but that does NOT mean he has no external influences or that he aims for a southern wrasslin' kinda product.

Compromise and finding a middle ground is key.
Also listening to the fans and what they want, something Vince unfortunately never fucking does, sometimes that's a smart call in the long run, most of the time it really isn't.

Oh man, you're not kidding. I like how the audience goes from blowing the roof off when he's entering the ring, to silence when they're announcing the match, to blowing the roof off again when Kobashi's name is mentioned. Also, the streamers are a great idea, and it's cool to see a visual depiction of their appreciation.

I'm glad someone gets it. It's the same deal with Ambrose, for a long time people said that he was being overlooked, but that wasn't the case. He just didn't need the belt to be over.

Also that match where Roman and Bray teamed up was so, so much better than I was expecting it to be. I even liked Roman

I dunno, I kind of like having an unbeatable guy who only shows up every few months. It's fun.

I agree that you shouldn't always give the fans what they ask for, but at the same time, you shouldn't force feed them what they hate. Preferably, you should give them what they didn't know they wanted,

WWE All-Stars 2 never.

Also the 2K games are now cursed without Hogan.

We're still stuck at six man limits in the ring. We still can't do proper Survivor Series matches. We can't do four-way tags. We can't have a giant mess of a Rumble with all thirty guys in at once.

If it was executed well, that would be fantastic. But I could see that going very south, very quickly and it would be great

It worked for Backbreaker.

Nah what we need is a new Blitz Game with Euphoria physics. Backbreaker didn't have the charm or sense of brutality, nor the creative teams and characters that Blitz had.

Some of the injury animations still give me a weird tingly feeling in my balls.

They're much better when you have the actual sounds of the bones breaking and muscles tearing combined with them.

Now we are talking about wrestling games, anyone knows what creation features do wwe 2k17 has? Anything 2k16 dont?

I just want to make my own leagues and make them fight eachother and I'm too late to have Fire Pro Wrestling.

Are leagues stables?

I don't think so?

I mean something you have been allowed to do for a while, making your own wrestling program instead of Smackdown/Raw.

Why.

Your body identify the attacks and your empathy is working on you.

I love Cesaro. I'm glad he's been getting a good place on the card ever since he came back from injury. The Neutralizer is complete ass though, but I appreciate the Swiss pun

Noice.

I always thought a JRPG in the wrestling universe would be fun

Tfw you'll never play as Sexy Star in a game

Have you played LISA? It has a pro wrestling segment.

And TTYD has a great one. Rawk Hawk is my nigga

Does this count?

Cesaro was the final boss of NXT and he's still booked like an absolute powerhouse on main roster.

I fucking love Cesaro.

That's a pretty meh Sexy Star there. Posting one of her more iconic moments.

FUCK YOUUUUUUUU

BEAT ME TO THE PUNCH

Wasn't he called Hawk Hogan in Japan?

How is 2k16? thinking about buying it now its price is reduced. Or should I wait for 2k17 and hope for more features?

Matanza is basically the video game secret boss stronger than the final boss of Lucha Underground

Pretty decent, if you take the time to learn how everything works/how to adjust the wrestler attributes realistically.

Creating custom wrestlers and making custom leagues is the funnest part in my opinion.

I see. I've just stopped buying after 2k14 because nothing was different, I just want to make my own leagues and shows and totally ignore the official roster.

he should use a gotch style piledriver as a finish, too bad piledrivers are banned though

It's not super in depth league wise, but it's still fun to watch feuds play out, simulate matches, and step in and play when you want a certain guy to go over story wise.

I already like writing wrestling angles in my spare time so I have some kayfabe in my head and just try to book all my custom wrestlers well.

is that Yano?

Piledriving Kana?

it's minoru suzuki

My favorite bit in-ring storytelling in recent memory is the match between him, Miz, Zayn, and Owens for the IC Title.

As soon as the bell rung, Zayn catches Owens by surprise with a Helluva Kick to knock him out of the ring, and it gets a big pop. Miz and Cesaro are looking at Zayn in surprise, and Cesaro notices the crowd going wild. So he knocks Miz out of the ring, and it gets another pop. Zayn and Cesaro acknowledge the pop before going at each other and the real match starts.

I like it because in less than ten seconds it's established that: A. Sami fucking hates Owens, Owens underestimated Sami, Cesaro likes making the crowd pop and, and Miz has a low powerlevel.

Matches like that remind me why I'm still watching WWE. It's not the booking, it's the talent.

Sami Zayne/Generico and Kevin Owens/Steen are some of the best talent in years, hands down.

I love that Sami has developed fucking incredible promo skills recently too. That segment where he talked to Kevin about the brand split, bringing Kevin close to tears, and ending with them double superkicking Chris Jericho was amazing shit.

Kevin Owens also has near Jack Evans/Bubba Ray Dudley levels of banter.

I'm not sure, but it wouldn't surprise me.

No kidding. I wonder if anything will be unbanned once Vince "retires." At the same time though, injuries are already prevalent enough. I'd for them to be even more serious.

so thats what abyss would be like if he was mexican and a good wrestler

F O O T F A G S
O
O
T
F
A
G
S

Matanza isn't really mexican, he's Guamanian

like big zeke?

Injuries are mostly because they have to wrestle 4-5 times a week. Besides Raw, Smackdown, and PPV's, they also work an intensive schedule wrestling at house shows and doing media appearances. They don't get much rest and they're on their feet a lot.

Recovery time is very important for wrestlers, who learn how to do a lot of shit while beat up/hurt, so when you're booked to be on your feet and wrestle all week, it's not surprising when even their top guys get injured.

The style of wrestling is not what's unsafe, as much as it is wrestlers being overbooked.

That's one reason the brand split is great for the wrestlers, because the top guys will have more time to recover.

Kevin is such a natural talker. When he's on commentary he just effortlessly passes out insults to everyone except JBL. It's like he's not even playing a character. It's fucking great.

and i didnt even realise hes not even fucking big, guess i forgot how tiny mysterio is, i havent watched it in ages

they should train colin quinn to wrestle, id bet hed give those buckeroos a run for their money ill tell you

Matanza is well built, he's just not tall.

His powerlevel comes from him LITERALLY being possessed by an Aztec war spirit/god/whatever

He's 5'10 but he's ripped as fuck.

The prevalence of injuries is because of the crazy schedule, absolutely. I'm just saying, if they're going to have an injury, I'd rather them tear a rotator cuff then snap their neck. Then again, most of the injuries have nothing to do with taking a bump. Hell, Sami Zayn managed to injure himself before he even got in the ring during his debut. And he still had match of the night

why didnt they push paul burchill?

El Generico must be so proud of him, wherever he is.

OLE OLE OLEEEEEEE

also how long does tna have left seriously? they must have run out of money by now

They're circling the drain. They can't even broadcast their stuff reliably.

Last I heard they got bought out by the Nazi brothers and Billy Corgan became a minority owner, and they still can't pay anyone on time

the nazi brothers? i thought corgan already owned a little promotion as well

Not long. I feel bad for how stuff has turned out considering the booking and promos have all been a lot of fun recently, but bad financing is bad financing.

Jeff Hardy has said he wants to return to WWE one day, and Matt Hardy loves pro wrestling with all his heart, so he'll be involved with something.

It'll be a ride to see where guys like EC3, Bobby lashley, Drew Galloway, and the rest of the talent end up.

I assume you guys know the games, so I'll ask here.
I tried playing WWE2K15 I believe on pc, but the constant changing of framerate from 60 to 30 in cloe ups was fucking killing me and I couldn't play it for long, which is a shame. Did they ever fix it or are there any fan fixes?

Why not?
It'll be a pretty good fap game.

I'm playing SvR 2007 and I like Austin Aries. How is he and Joe doing in NXT? I also need to finish Lucha Underground.

Not sure.

I'm playing 2K16 and have had no framerate problems, but 2k15 might be different.

Relevant story. Happened just now. Wrestling vidya thread made me fire up my 2K16 custom league. Right now my current champion is a female version of The Rock (not bald) as a mega heel, and has been winning feuds and shitting on everyone else who isn't in the uppercard. She was booked to go up against my top face Julia, and I realized it was time I gave her a shot. It was a fucking close match, but Rock got all the offense after a massive rock bottom on a falling Julia.

Julia turned the tables with a springboard swiss uppercut into a Yes Lock, making The Rock tap in an upset victory. It was such a good match and such a convincing underdog I literally just jerked off to it a couple minutes ago.

Pic related, it's her.

Austin is playing his classic heel self in NXT, and Joe is the current NXT champion, and is booked like a fucking monster. He muscle busters every one he can pin, and koquina clutches everyone he can't.

They're both doing pretty well and wrestling great PPV matches.

Pic related is Joe's most recent big match, winning his rivalry with Finn Balor.

I regret purchasing 2k16.

I hate mashing grab and not knowing whther or not my guy is even going to be able to attempt a grab.

I hate the fucking mini games when I'm pinned or in a grab. I hate all of it.

I hate having to fucking hit rt at the right split second to fucking do anything. What is this shit?

Go into options and lower the difficulty of the pinfall mini game and the reversals.

Then, the reversals and pinfalls are all up to your decision, just like you're booking a match.

WWE babies, expand your wrestling horizons. No, that doesn't mean NXT.

Where can I get the uncensored eps of anime
sage for not related to thread
pls nyaa is full of censored dls

All i want is a good NJPW game for consoles/pc.
They had a phone game and the company seems to be expanding so i assume thats the next logical step.
Too bad they just put okada and tanahashi into crossover shit instead of trying to create something themselves.
daily reminder to check out /wooo/

i think TNA only exist so Maffew can get material for Botchamania

You're telling me this while I'm in the middle of watching Manami Toyota matches.

DUDE WEED isn't too bad, except for the fact that the guy who runs the site is a massive asshat. At least Kirtaner stays off the /wooo/ board over there.

I wish our /wooo/ was more active.

Wait a minute.
Is TNA the ms paint fanfiction of WWE?

Seems legit.

Its booking is leagues better, but Dixie Carter is TERRIBLE at financing and people like to make TNA the butt of jokes.

It was the ms paint fanfiction for a while though, but its recent stuff is quite watchable.

I personally prefer 2K14 for caw leagues because you can create custom storylines.
I was even tempted to do one at some point but I am too lazy to do so
Unless of course I found someone interested in watching it, then I'd give it a second try

I was actually considering streaming my custom women's league somewhere.

Best of luck then. I suppose the best platform would be Twitch, if I had to release my custom leaague I'd upload the epsiodes as videos because my shit connection doesn't allow me to stream

Yeah. There's probably not an audience for it though.

I'll wait for reviews for 2K17, and hope it's better than the previous installments. Shame the PC version is being delayed again.

There is VGCW that has been streaming caw wrestling for quite some time, so the audience might be there, worth at least a small try.

The audience for VGCW and its sister shows is starting to die down, though, because there's only so much you can do with 2k14, especially now that the game's online servers are down.

Yeah…wrestling died in 2001. Why are you celebrating 100 pound midgets doing gay ass routines with each other? That fat guy calling himself a fighter…he wouldn't last 2 minutes in the ring with Steiner, Goldberg or Sid Vicious. And that's the problem. You have guys like Lesnar who can make you suspend disbelief, but then the companies try to stay "hip" and nice and allow these LARPing wrestling-fans to be in the companies wrestling aswell.

At some point if someone wants to fix wrestling, someone has to tell these fuckers and their hipster faggy crowd to fuck off.

And video game-wise. The newer editions are too easy. It's not good when you on the hardest of level, have turned off all assist and graphics that might help you like reversals and stuff, and still have to play pretend to get beaten once in a while. They are too slow aswell. They try to make them into some sort of weird simulators instead of good fast arcade fighting games.

Sooooo you only ever watched American wrestling?

Not everybody has to be Big Van Vader (as amazing as he was/is) to have good in ring psychology and sell well.

Does not being a beefcake make guys like fucking Shawn Michaels hipster faggots? What about Eddie Guerrero? What about Chris Benoit?

Wrestling is physicality, but it's also in ring storytelling.

If you seriously think pro wrestling died in 2001, then you know next to nothing about the wide body of pro wrestling and disrespect a lot of fucking talented guys.

KENTA KOBASHI VS MITSUHARU MISAWA HAPPENED IN 2003 FOR FUCK'S SAKE

You only exposed yourself as a casual faggot, congratulations.

Despite appearances, Owens has more stamina than most of the fit guys.

It did have a sequal; Saturday Night Slam Masters 2.

Its a generic fighting game

Hey man, Scott Steiner was pretty amazing

I only ever seen Ring of Honor on the most basic local cable stations.

That second rope muscle buster holy shit.

This. From the little I watch of Raw he is always doing frog slashes and the canon ball and moonsaults. He's amazing.

Package piledrivers are a thing of beauty.

He used to do moonsaults, but I guess they must have told him to stop

Oh, you mentioned them. I'm a fucking dumbass and should go to bed

I've seen alot of piledrivers, but his looks vicious.

Same. I don't really understand why it's not. This thread alone seems more together and able to have decent discussion than the current retards on our /wooo/.

Why is wrestling vidya music always so good?

They need more of this type of mandrama.

It's not fucking Shakespeare. one of the advantages of wrestling is that your writers don't have to be very good to entertain

Undertaker and Johnny Cash go together so well

The second song though. Can't seem to find it.

Except there's nothing wrong with this. Let Brock be the Akuma of WWE, I enjoy the idea immensely.

WEW LADDY

Pretty amazing at being the worst best talker, god I love it when the man speaks.

His best shit in TNA will always be when he would be the ring announcer and introduce the wrestlers, god he was fucking hilarious.

DANGEROUS BACKDROPPU

VERY VERY VERY VERY
BREAKI BREAKI BREAKI BREAKI
BISHI BISHIIII

Since there are many wrestling fans here, can you anons tell me how much he got right?

What do you mean right? Like, factually, or just stuff I agree with?

Factually. About agreeing with him it's pointless, he is just showing what he enjoys in wrestling, you can't really agree or disagree with that.

I'm not an encyclopedia or anything, but I don't think there's anything wrong. Triple H has been wrestling for twenty years, so there's a surprising amount of depth to him, and when you're examining him from a distance, there's a lot that's up for interpretation( e.g. "When Triple H looks at Daniel Bryan he sees Triple H") and simplification. And like he said, he left some stuff out, which means he pick and chose the parts of his career that he thinks make for the best story.

I think he did a good job, and he got his point across nicely.

imagine having enough money and rich friends to casually make something like this

Apparently nobody was payed for it, but yeah, they clearly knew what they were doing.

trips is so pretty holy shit

why is it rich people are invariably very attractive? is it just a diet thing?

He did a good job of summing up Triple H's character.

Womankind though

The Daniel Bryan Monster video was amazing too

Not all rich people are attractive, but the ones who live in California are. It kind of comes with the territory.

they need to do less vids with generic 'motivational' nigger beats and more interesting ones, like the shawn michaels black and white one

whats the deal with california? something in the water?

Most of their promos (is there a more specific word?) have no passion at all, because they need to do half a dozen every single month. Next time something actually interesting happens, maybe we'll see something cool.

As for California, who fucking knows man. I know a lot of people moved there in an attempt to become actors, but they can't be the majority. Maybe there's some kind of conspiracy going on. What if they're robots, and they use them in movies because it would be a rights violation to film real people doing things such as fighting a war against aliens

Can't deny I found Undergal quite cute.

HEADLOCK MASTER

THIS FUCKING TUESDAY

Shawn Michaels not only has a larger than life personality (especially on coke). He's also heads and shoulders taller than all of your favourite guys.

Dean Malenko wasn't a big guy, Chris Benoit wasn't either, but they are still way more muscular than anyone of these guys and the fun fact is that people thought these guys couldn't talk. Heck, i'm watching a lot of old wrestling and Benoit cuts better promos than 90% of the roster today, and still it's just very basic ones.

Japanese Wrestling sucks ass. Go away hipster faggot.

Stamina doesn't mean shit, when it's fake. You know, it's not real. They don't actually compete in that ring. Ultimate Warrior was blown out when he came to the and still he has left a bigger impression amongst the audience than anyone of these indy-darlings ever will. There's a reason they had to wrestle in small gyms for 10+ years before getting a shot. There's a reason they have to go abroad to wrestle, instead of getting into a company that showcase them on tv. They are just not that good.

Faggots. Each and everyone of them is more believable in a fight than your "great" workers ever will be. The idea of a great worker is someone that makes the audience believe in the match, the fight. It's not the best routine-wrestling-guy.

Are you telling me that Hulk Hogan, Ultimate Warrior, Billy Graham and The Rock hasn't drawn more than your precious japanese midgets?

Heck, let's bring in NWO and squash your argument completely.

Have you ever heard of the term "B+ Player"?

This is referred to as psychology. You know who was great at this? Mr. B+ Player

This Brother Nero angle is so wonderfully awful

That's pretty good

He omitted a few stuff like how his wife divorced him in Kayfabe and then somewhere down the line they were just married again on TV and how Orton wasn't really this psychopath character until much later in his career and got the order of only 2 or 3 details out of order like how he wasn't on top of the card until AFTER Mankind, Austin, Rock were the guys simultaneously on top and he wasn't champion until AFTER he split from DX. But it's still VERY accurate. It would have been a little more accurate if he said that he split from DX because they weren't doing a good enough job at helping him win the title so he allied with Steph because she helped cement himself on top.

Anyone remembered when Kurt Angle raped Booker T's wife?

OH! And he left out how Haitch had already challenged the Undertaker at Mania long before Michaels did

I'm glad Roman's been suspended. Fuck this retarded bullshit of having him look strong by kicking out of every finisher in existence rather than him actually being a good performer.

God… who thought this and the Katie Vick thing was a good idea?

Like seriously, who books this crap?

Oh, so Ricky Steamboat is shit now, because he's not built like Goldberg?

Shawn Michaels is only 6 foot 1. That's the same height as Sami Zayne, and only one inch taller than Kevin Owens. The fact that you call a guy who is 6 feet tall "Heads and shoulders" taller than the current generation of wrestlers shows you're retarded, or trolling.

Does not being a super massive guy make Rey Mysterio bad? Does it make the Hardy Boyz in their prime bad? Does it make Pentagon Junior bad?

There are dudes like Jeff Cobb, Ricky Banderas, and Brian Cage, who all have the old school wrestler's body and are active today. A lot of the wrestlers back in the era you praise also took steroids to get the bodies they did.

See, the problem with you and your personality is that you treat your opinion like it is objective fact that is written in stone. In Japanese wrestling, it's closer to actually competing in the ring JUST LIKE THE PRE 2001 GUYS YOU LOVE. It's a much more physical style of wrestling than is done in the west. The very guys I mentioned (Kobashi and Misawa) adopted western bodybuilding techniques so they could get their huge physiques.

If you think that nobody can make the audience believe in the match or have impressive physicality in current year, then you're just too jaded to see what's right there in front of you.

Kenta Kobashi was a confirmed draw, as was Misawa. Wrestle Kingdom in Japan fills 60,000 seats. NWO was amazing, I'll give you that. Hogan, Warrior, etc, are all time greats, but to act like they're the only guys worth anything in wrestling since 2001 is fucking retarded, when there's 15 years of wrestling across a huge variety of promotions in between now and then.

You're such a fucking mark.

speaking of impressive physicality in the current year, I just want to share this match if you haven't seen it.

Bump

You're talking about the goat-boy? Daniel Bryan? Who at the top of his career, the ratings went down.

And in the end, ended his own career because his fragile body couldn't handle the stupid style he was working. Something that seems prevalent amongst the shorter wrestlers who wants to be main-eventers lex Eddie Guerrero, Chris Benoit.

I've awoken the smarks i see. Nice. Go lick Meltzer's ass or something.

Ricky Steamboat, Shawn Michaels are all bigger then the indy darlings of today. Seriously, just look up a picture of CM Punk and HBK standing together, or with Daniel Bryan. They are way smaller, and especially lacks the physique. Sami Zayn looks like a guy, most guys could take in a fight.

What you don't get in all your jizzing over these japanese and indy-darlings is that the average tv-viewer sees those cruiseweights as fake. They are not believable. There are multiple studies who shows that, basically WCW back in the day used to do customer-services to figure out what drew and didn't drew, and the general audience thought the cruiserweights looked fake.

Cobb, Banderas, Brian Cage are non-entities. Nobody outside of the IWC keep track on those guys. They aren't even hired by the biggest organisations in America.

No it's not. You don't for a second understand japanese culture and different with that and the western one. For one, most japanese people has a familiarity with martial-arts. That's why they can present such a style and still draw people to the shows. It doesn't work like that in the western-world were martial arts aren't as popular and familiar, compared to amateur wrestling and it has been proven time and time again that it is the entertainment aspect of wrestling that draws the audiences, in the western world.

But hey, continue to ruin wrestling by kicking and screaming because the promotions doesn't cater to you indy/japanese-wrestling-smarks. The audiences grow smaller and smaller for each year and that is one of the reasons. Nobody cares about your style of wrestling outside of Japan and smarks who wants to feel important and smart.

You know what you are? Pretentious.

Nobody is saving the ratings and buys. Roman is failing, Cena was on top for a steadily declining decade, Rock barely moves the needle, Brock does nothing in that department.

The whole business is pretty cold right now.

You are aware the cruiserweights were one of the biggest draws in WCW, right? Or are you that much of a mark?

Vince should really stop pushing Ramen.
Ratings continue to decline ever since he's been pushing him.
When will Vince learn that no one likes his HUSBANDO?

As I said, ratings have been going down the toilet for years now. Cena was on top while each year was worse than the last. No one really draws until Mania season but its Mania season, it always draws.

Look. I like the exact same stuff you did. I also happen to like other shows alongside those.

You have projected a ton of shit onto me that I never even said. It's not necessarily about how relevant a promotion is, but whether it is well booked/entertaining.

I love mastodon fights dude.

My main point to argue with you is that wrestling didn't die in 2001 just because of all the craziness with western promotions then. Draw power going down doesn't mean well booked shows stopped existing.

Is DUDE WEED /wooo/ still a bigger piece of shit than Reddit's Squared Circle?

Seriously. I wasn't there for years, especially since Kirtaner and Spardot are massive faggots. Then I heard about Spardot trying to make a really bad joke about Bobby Heenan. Not that I found it offensive, just really dumb since it didn't made sense. Then Spardot, being the dumb cunt she is, took the SJW route of "muh oppression, muh misogyny."

Also, Red Machine D is a retarded ginger cunt.

Viewership went up half a million for the raw after Dean won the title, and remained steady for the raw after that without dipping as the hours progressed.

It may have gone up, but we all know how stubborn Vince is with Roman.
He'll continue to push him once his suspension is finished.
Vince doesn't care if viewers went up after Dean won the championship, he'll just continue make Roman look strong.

Shane O' Mac is the hero we need but don't deserve

Honestly, I want to see it happen. It will only expose how much of a sham the WWE's Wellness Policies are. Maybe someone would call out the WWE for making Roman strong again after his drug use. Hopefully their stockholders.

I really like Jericho now, I also liked when he and Big show were a tag team. Their theme was one of the best mash-ups I've ever heard.

That's because their themes were combined and redone into an actual song.

And it starts off with
WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

Like Orton didn't do that already.

Jericho life yo

No. Pretty much the only things people get banned for these days is purposefully derailing stuff, or making personal accusations against wrestlers without proof.

Diversity of opinion is pretty welcome. It's lost a lot of its clique mentality.

Chris Jericho is a legitimately awesome dude.

"Hey King."

Love the dude

(gay oriented)

THE GAY COMMUNITY!!?

Styles really hates gays. He has said faggot on TNA and called Owens one (jokingly) and called a bouncer gay.

This is really (gay oriented)

Calls Vince Russo a faggot

SABIN'S A FAGGOT

Calls Owens a faggot from 1:00 mark

you must be gay if you care this much about AJ Styles saying faggot.

I'm not gay, but Holla Forums is pretty gay, to be honest.

I'm not gay, I was just pointing it out.

What's the character creation like?

In what game?

You are clearly a retard that wants to see muscular sweaty men slapping and grappling each other, so I'm guessing that Gachimuchi would work better for you than wrestling.
American Wrestling in general is bullshit, and the WWE has proven over and over again that they don't know how to build new stars, despite having the talent to do so. They don't know what draws or what the people want to see. WCW fucked itself up while having gigantic stars like Hogan, Nash, Goldberg and others. The WWE still has no replacement for the stars created during the Attitude era. Mainstream Wrestling has stagnated, and while the Indies have the talent to create an good product, they are too small to be relevant, and the WWE does a fucking amazing job to keep them small.
And by the way, Daniel Bryan wasn't supposed to be the top draw of the WWE, since they intended to let Sheamus bury them, but the guy was attracting so many people that the WWE creatives had no option but to make him the top guy. Do you remember who came back during Daniel Bryan's time as the top guy of the 'E? Batista, who was ran over by the YES! hype train.
Japanese and Mexican wrestling have stayed consistently good during the ages, unlike the WWE or the now dead WCW. Having the physique means jack shit if you're not entertaining, especially when guys like Stone Cold didn't have it, but were entertaining enough to draw thousands of people.

Fuck, I don't know. The newest?

In WWE2k16?

Pretty great, actually.

2K17 cover reveal tomorrow
We can only hope it's not Roman

RUSEV CRUSH

Ru Ru is the very best.

It's Bork..

I'm cool with that. Brock is such a based human being.

I just downloaded 2k16. What am I in for?

bump?

Play it and find out you silly goose

DELETE THIS

A good time if you learn how all the attributes and moves work. Custom Wrestlers are pretty good and putting them in custom leagues and letting them duke it out is pretty fun.

Utter fucking bullshit, which Cornette addressed. They didn't make wrestling big, they created a fad of 'sports entertainment' which was essentially just shitty hotshotting that ended up killing the fucking business. There have never been fewer people making a full-time living off professional wrestling than there are right now. It's over. The indie retards with the dick spots that shit on the fucking remains don't help. Even twenty years ago NONE of these fuckwits would have been allowed in the business.
WCW was simply mismanaged, it had a rotating cast of bookers and a couple of guys up way past their bedtime plus Jim Herd was an imbecile. The in-ring product in ANY of its incarnations was still vastly superior to anything the WWE has ever produced.

……………..Did Zack Ryder just win a Raw main event?

Woo woo woo you know it