I've seen a lot of people calling this guy a plagiarist. Can I get some examples?

I've seen a lot of people calling this guy a plagiarist. Can I get some examples?

Other urls found in this thread:

techraptor.net/content/relationships-indie-gaming-interview-allistair-pinsof-part-2
techraptor.net/content/role-shawn-mcgrath-play-making-fez
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Literally who?

Looks like some guy with the fishmouth syndrome.

Crush(PSP) and Super Paper Mario for Fez.
More recently that 3D tetris game for the Nintendo 64 and Thruspace for the Wii.

The dude who made Fez and is famous for throwing fits on Twitter.

What if Phil is actually a Deep One?

what the fuck, dubs?!?

Was unaware of Crush. Looks way better than Fez. Thanks, user!

There's also a Crush3D for the 3DS.

11:15

Those aren't really good examples because, while true, isn't really outright plagiarism but rather piss poor cloning of better games. Instead you should bring up how he stole actual code, game mechanics, and assets from people that was on the Fez team. Then he kicked them out and claimed that he came up with those things himself. Now THAT'S plagiarism.

Can I get a source on that? It'd really help me out with a conversation I'm having.

I know that. But he's a nobody nowadays, like Jonathan Blow or The Quinn

I figured I'd be a nice guy and assume you were being genuine, and I was sorta jealous of you.

there are tylesets in Fez that look suspiciously similar to Cave Story. I wouldn't doubt if they were ripped straight from it of it both stole it from something else.

That one hipster that ragequit the game developing community because people were calling him a worthless hipster.

link to the new video? i wanna see the dislikes rate

I think I have it saved somewhere but I'm not sure if I can find it. Does anyone else have it handy before I have to go do a hard target search of my shitlord folder?

Lel

OH HO HO HO

Believe I read he even stole the basic concept from the fellow programming it. Hopefully someone has the info.

Maybe found it.

techraptor.net/content/relationships-indie-gaming-interview-allistair-pinsof-part-2

techraptor.net/content/role-shawn-mcgrath-play-making-fez

I think these two cover part of it. I believe I read even more fishy business going on with Fez beyond these two articles but I can't seem to find it at the moment.

Very enlightening, user. Thanks a ton.

Isn't it strange that the 3D they were talking about "didn't add to gameplay" ended up being the same 3D stuff that some sidescrolling platformer 3DS games use (like Mighty Switch Force). One of the games they show in that archival footage is a browser platformer called Paper Moon.

It's like it's not innovative when they do it, only when we do it does it become innovative.

Cont

And here's it's 3DS sequel Ketzal's Corridors. (Also known as SpeedThru: Potzol Puzzle because of Nintendo's bizarre usage of different names for digital games in NA and PAL regions)

The aztec theme it uses looks really nice.

I've seen his fucking face shopped so many times I can't even tell if this is real.

Trying the cool and calm approach, Philly?

Welltris for PC predates both of those.