I fucking love deserts Holla Forums...

I fucking love deserts Holla Forums, but I can't seem to find any games that have cool ass deserts or desert cities or a lot of sand.

Got anything to suggest?
Any genre is fine

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/app/234140/screenshots/
store.steampowered.com/app/233860/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Rise of Legends is pretty much all desert in the second act of the campaign. There's skirmish maps with deserts as well as a faction inspired in arabic myth. They have giant scorpions, genies, glass golems and more.

I'll give it a shot, thanks user

Bamp

Enderal will have a desert, and some city there in a cave.

I've been waiting for so long for that shit I'm starting to lose hope

Luckily for you the German release is tomorrow, with the English sub/dub out before the end of the month.

Fuck me, I don't want to wait until the end of the month fam

Final Fantasy XII, X also breifly has good Dessert.

Desert would be great for random generated worlds. Devs only need to make buildings. World changes outside it, basic mesh is saved, discarded with time. Return and the covering of it can be different. Savedmeshes/voxelmap degrading with distance from it.
Use wind when noithing else is happening, make char interesting blowing hair and clothes. Matted or shaved head having other uses of gravity, random gen world extending further.

Use shadows as time. Dust storms hide tracks, move in them even if losing direction.

Drag cloth behind otherwise. Waste of energy perhaps.

Places of water and so food are traps to stay near them. Certain life.

Take your fill, return to health and move on.

Move when you want, better at night when it's cold. Sleep under own cloth shade in the day. Loose clothing for chafing and to keep the sun off. Greenery unfortunally becomes water. Collected in clear airtight bags.

Birds know where water is.

Places can be the result of traps, built on top of underground caverns, water, springs. Tunnels. Or well defended retreats from places more hospitable to life. Cultural things. Places for various reasons, some to die. Denzidens around them bleached bright in greater numbers the closer to a town. That forgotten, another generation now sacrificing people, breeding too much, been given bibles to endorse their greed, vanity etc. Also accept things. Cowardice, lies.

People moving out don't look diseased etc, maybe rightly desponant. Deficient. Aren't expected to live, place thought all there is or presented so, the best etc. Extending that. Exiles not given a chance, hunted. Cops and co feeling real big joining in something where someone else is the victim. Don't waste any danger getting into that situation. Dessert makes for a good game of hide and slit. Down, dirt over. The closer searchers come the better. Send survivor on with the spoils and transportation medium. Point out a starting point to where you came from. Take the other route yourself, stay long enough for the charm of the place to run out of juice. Retreating rats can show the way out of the dessert. Pick straight lines. They can understand suffering savouring their spit. Water denied or deadly. Then understand parasitism as the sun eats them. Return to their shelter as men making different.

Look hard on water sources for where the next might be. May be a way in, way out and way down.

There was a early access game on steam where you played as a oriental mercenary or similar on a big desert, you could make your own army and even build a base if I recollect well.

I'm sorry, user, I really don't remember the name, but I saw a thread here sometime ago, some user might remember for me.

Why aren't you making this?

Well, you could always play M&B warband and go Sarranid.
Otherwise, 999 :^)

Mad Max.

Currently on sale on steam, it's actually a decent game. It's not breaking any new ground as an open-world game, but the aesthetic is great.

Try and tell me you don't want to be worshipped by a deformed and deranged weirdo who sees you as the prophetic driver of his Magnum Opus, a car gifted to him by the sweet angel combustion.

Check out the screenshots:
steamcommunity.com/app/234140/screenshots/

How's the story in this? It looks pretty neat

mah fookin nigger

Just a few off the top of my head

I listened to one of you fuckers recommending this game, and bought it.
Shit bam ham combat, shit car handling and physics, sub-par vehicle combat. At least it has nice looking enviroment.

Thank god for refunds.

It's a bit bare bones, to be honest. Some memorable characters, but mainly because they're quirky. Not because they're fleshed out.

Max's car is stolen by the aptly named, Lord Scrotus, and you partner with the hunchback motor mechanic to construct a machine to take him on.

So you spend a lot of time doing open world stuff. "Liberating Camps" and taking out convoys.

The game's worth pirating though and try at least once.

Especially with "DUST Survival simulator" mod

Homeworld: Deserts of Kharak
Full Throttle
Serious Sam 3
Daggerfall Unity
Elsweyr related mods for Skyrim and oblivion
Emperor: Battle for Dune
Wasteland 1 and 2
Ex Machina
Metal Max 2 Reloaded (japanese)
Metal Max 3 (japanese)
Kenshi
RAGE
The Fall Last Days of Gaia (great game, even better than wasteland 2)

I loved the look of the desert world in Witcher 3, shame we didn't really get to do anything in it

And the First Encounter.

Prince of Persia games are often set in deserts.
( Maybe even all of them, I haven't played many of them to know myself )
Red Dead Redemption
Red Faction Guerrilla is set on Mars but the environment is very rocky and sandy

When I think of Deserts in video games I have a hard time thinking of a full game set in a desert. I can only really come up with games with sections in a desert like the Mario kart games, Alien Hominid, Metal Slug 3, San Andreas and Ratchet and Clank

uncharted 3 :^)

In what way?

The Ratchet and Clank section I was talking about is the part in the second game where you drive around a desert planet to collect gems in the sand.

Metal Slug 3 has you ride a camel and gun down arab people.

Mario Kart almost always has a track that's like dry dry desrt

In a way that its actually fun.

Nier automata will have some desert landscapes.

So was Wasteland 2, but I admit I'm not very experienced when it comes to strategy RPGs

In this sense The Fall is closer to fallout tactics and jagged alliance.

Tiny and big is entirely desert themed except for the last level. Never really see much talk about this game here

reminds me a bit of the desert in shadow of the colossus, while kind of small has the feeling of being pretty massive when you're in the middle of it.

I played this. Platforming is really floaty and level design is pretty bad. Worth a try though.

The gimmick is pretty cool though

I've played it aswell and enjoyed it. I think if it was any longer than 3 hours the novelty of the gimmick would wear off

Ever Oasis might do that for you when it comes out. It's all set in a desert that you explore while looking for bits to expand your oasis town.

I saw it at Nintendo's E3 and I really want it, I found.

One of the maps in Lightning Returns is a nice big desert and you can slide on the sand.

The game itself is pretty fun, the story is fucking retarded but the gameplay works, fun combat, tons of customization, big open maps and you can tackle the quests in any order you want.

What about the time limit? Its what keeps me from playing the game because I fucking loathe timelimits

Mad Max is sandy as fuck.

The time limit is so retardedly generous and there are so many ways to mitigate it even further it might as well not be there.

On my first playthrough I finished every quest and I still had 6 days left so I had to rest at the inn to pass the time to advance the game.

But if tickles your autism too much you can always get the PC version and stop time with cheatengine or something.

Posting some video/screens

Skip to 1:50 for the desert

Alright, ill give it a shot then.

It is, however, more like a tropical desert.

At least go to agdg and be an ideaguy if nothing else.

Sniper Elite 3
MGSV
Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead (and Arma 3 with map packs)
Conflict: Desert Storm
Red Dead Redemption

Its called Kenshi

store.steampowered.com/app/233860/

I fucking hate deserts. I fucking hate everything about them in video games.
If deserts in games were at all like I'd love them, but really they're just so unappealing to me. I much prefer snow levels

Guild Wars has a lot of comfy desert areas.

You should play more desert games. The games that do it right, especially Spec Ops and Journey play with colors and effects created by the heat. Some areas look straight up amazing.