HA
BATTLEBORN?
MORE LIKE
POST YFW YOU'RE NOT GEARBOX

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1998_in_video_gaming
westinlee.com/2013/06/06/borderlands-2-writing/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I'd usually be suspicious at a JewTuber being posted here so much, but this guy's pretty good.

Fuck them for undercutting Colonial Marines to fund Memelands 2

Battleborn? More like stillborn!

Was it actually a Good game Holla Forums? did Overwatch just fuck them over? or-

Nevermind

Happy/10

Really nigga? the developers fucking blew it, we know, this shit's old, and you can only laugh at dumb niggers so many times before you think to yourself, "Fuck these niggers, I've got more interesting things to do." There's intellectual discussion to be had, but instead you chose to pretend to laugh at one little game to feel like you're hanging out with your best buddies, guess what faggot, no one is legitemately laughing about this anymore, this shit is old and you're a fucking slowpoke. I bet you'll make another thread like this, but this time about Mighty No. 9. Guess what, shit ain't fresh anymore, and no one wants to smell shit that isn't fresh; no one but you. Faggot.

I'm really fascinated by the dichotomy of Battleborn's utter failure and Overwatch's massive success. They're both casual tripe with little redeeming qualities and yet one is praised and celebrated while the other is shined and mocked. It's like Battlefield/CoD all over again, but far more extreme. I guess Blizzard proved that all you really need is good marketing to make a game successful because it certainly was enough to make their fisher-price shooter trounce Gearbox's.

Here's your reply.

Overwatch had waifus, Battleborn didn't.

wow

fuck off

MEKA is the only good one.

This. See, Gearbox was dumb. They tried releasing a game at the same time as Blizzard, who is a much more powerful company. Had they been smart, they would have come up with a reason for a "delay". Then, add in some characters similar to the top Overwatch characters, and listened to what people complained about.

Do some press conferences. Discuss how to implement stuff to make it different in a way people are looking for. Release it then and only then, while hyping up the lack of those elements, and once people are beginning to get tired of Overwatch and looking for something new.

Releasing it much earlier would have helped too. But they did none of this.

Let it sink in: There are as many people watching Battleborn as are watching somebody else driving a digital truck.
Top kek.

This game deserved to die.

Overwatch's designs were appealing. Fit for a pixar movie.

Battleborn is some community college animation low grade graduate's tripe.

This
These threads just turn into reaction image dumps

They're SJWs so fucking duh.

Comments said the character says that after you murder a bunch of females.

Does that make the line any better?

No, but Holla Forums is going to take it out of context and make themselves look retarded.

It's amazing companies let themselves get run by people with zero business sense. Really makes you think.

No, but the intention of the line isn't what the video made it seem it to be.
It took it out of context to incite kneejerk reaction responses.
It's a dumb line that tried to be funny and failed, but i personally really dislike when people take something out of context just to get a reaction out of people, Holla Forums does this shit a lot especially.
Make fun of things for what they are, there's no need for these shitty clickbait tricks.

You're right, but people will think you sound mad so they can ignore you and keep signalling to Holla Forums how cool and hip they are.

What a shit game

HOW DID THEY EXPECT THIS TO DO WELL?!

I fucking knew it, they cuckolds cant help themselves.

I hope gearbox dies because of this.

I actually felt kind of bad for them, until I hear one of the characters say

Now I'm glad it failed horribly

Is this an actual line in the game? I really shouldn't be surprised if it is after the fucking "friendzone" speech shit from the gay ass borderlands pre-cum-sequal but this is so fucking bullshit.

It's Gearbox. Their games have never been written well, but ever since it became trendy for journos to champion regressive ideologies, they went balls deep.

There's no saving them now.

On one hand, I'm not happy that a lot of people will lose their jobs when Gearbox shuts down, but on the other, they fucked up and not just with stillborn.

I'm apparently missing something too.
Did they seriously talk about the friend zone?

It was Burched.

I just hope that the people with actual skill and talent get a new job

but knowing how retarded this industry is, the cucks are just going to use their cultist sjw friends to infiltrate another dev team

yes, in memelands 3, one of those retarded characters that scream everything like a fucking lets player tells you why le friendzone is misogynistic

it's the guy who made that cs:go narcissm video

He also made the evolve's hype to death vid
I'll be honest this guy makes some pretty depressing videos (of the vidya industry)

Despressing, but necessary, a look at just how far things have fallen from where they used to be

Why did I look that up?
I haven't cringed this hard since my friend tried to explain to me what a meme was.

Yeah one of the characters hits on a girl but gets rejected and goes "FRIEND ZONED!"

Which would be funny, but then he actually goes on this explanation of the friend zone not being real and is super bad to use as a word. Like Burch was scared the word friend zone would offend the audience so he pussied out and explained themselves.

Pic related example

Shame it failed. Fattleborn had one hell of a catchy theme.

every time i feel sad i remember the failure that this POS is and how much it damaged Gearbox and all get's better.

This guy was pretty popular on Holla Forums around 2014, then he deleted most of his vids and started anew with better content.
Most of the old vids were never reuploaded, which is a shame because I can't find the Gary Newell song or Halo 4 trailer video anywhere.
The guy is alright because he never fucking talks and has no persona whatsoever. I like him.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1998_in_video_gaming

What game is this? I've never heard of it.

They sucked way before this game. Borderlands in itself is just a trap: It's repetitive as fuck and has limited, boring guns and powers but since it's 4 player co-op and you always have a good time when you're with friends so long as your not eating shit it fools you into thinking you're having by simply playing a game that would be ok at best otherwise.

Gearbox deserves everything bad that happens to it.

holy shit my sides have left orbit

DEDICATED WAM

Don't forget that they killed the chance of that Duke3D remake happening and essentially hold Duke himself hostage. The day they decide to close down can't happen soon enough.

this one is a little less funny and a bit more sad

REMINDER THAT THE ONLY GREAT GAME GEARBOX HAS EVER DONE WAS AN EXPANSION FOR ANOTHER GAME

GET FUCKED RANDY

that kid in the grey hoody was destroying them

So right at the start with the robot and the dyke dancing, is that a cosplayer, or some random tumblrina that just showed up?

reaction image worthy, holy shit. don't even care about the game.

Are you trying to get people to spoonfeed you reaction images or are did you start a thread to point at garbage and say "haha look it's garbage"? Because either way you come across as fucking retarded.

THE MEMES

Well it was essentially the later but the flash drive with my reaction folder recently got fucking destroyed so essentially I'm killing two birds with one stone.

I ALMOST feel sorry for them, you can hear it in their voices that this is it, they know that they are fucked if this one failed.

I wait, i actually don't.

but user how else will i fit in without my epic 300 post LMAO face thread
its Holla Forums culture!!!!1!

One thing I curious about BlablaBjorn: Does it have the amazingly stupidly huge hitboxes that Overwatch have?

Shit nigger. I remember the selling point of that game was its a free to play game running on unreal engine 3.

my sides
please tell me where you found this

Friendly reminder Korra thinks farts are funny

Here's a webm for future sharing
Where can I contact this guy?

anyone have some more funny stuff on how awful Battleborn is or how badly it flopped?

I feel so bad for gearbox.
Not the cunt writers, but for all the code monkeys and artists that poured years of their life into this game.

I thought you fags were trying to ruse me for the longest time with that "feminism is awesome" line.

That Spider-Man sounds like a background character from South Park.

According to Wikipedia, Battleborn only made $18 million in revenue. Overwatch made 200 million in comparison and people are still buying and especially talking about the game in a good way.

The battleborn subreddit only has 16,000 subs, compared to 154,000 for TF2 and 464,000 for Overwatch.
Battleborn? more like Stillborn.
Source: I googled battleborn to find some more shit

That's not epic Holla Forumsro!! Come laugh with us xDD lmao remember when battleborn died lmao epic xDD

That makes me happy, mainly that the game flopped that hard.

Don't remind me.
I love simple women though, and she is as simple as fucking vanilla ice cream

jesus has tf2 really fallen that far?

So, much like an user on an anonymous imagboard?

It's the closest to Holla Forums outside Holla Forums

Remember when a game making $18 million made it a big success? That was back when budgets were -at the highest- around $500,000.

BL1 fan here, and no fucking shit. Going by BL1, that was the point. BL1's atmosphere and setting was focused more on being a wasteland story than a space western, which all the future, even shittier BL games went with. In a wasteland story, all characters are purposefully flat; the point is to tell that in the end nearly everyone wants the same things: money, fame, guns, and power. The plot was a bunch of salvaged, re-purposed and bare-boned shit, but it was compensated for by the atmosphere and setting which was strong, consistent, and solidly thought-out.

Then there's the characters from BL2 onward, which was not an impressive feat eitehr (with the exception of Handsome Jack mostly because the VA did most of the work) due to Burch's amateurism and shit taste.

Anyways, good vid. Reading the thread, I've seen his other videos and it's always morbid yet entertaining to see these companies fall because of their hubris. Still, I remember the good old days with Half Life: Opposing Force and I liked Borderlands back in 2009, but for all their scummy business practices, their recent fuckups, and how they've mishandled their franchises, perhaps it is best that they burn to the ground.

It's just that OW got more popular that it, really.
You'll see OW die off in popularity in a few years as well.

Even BL1's theme song reflects this.

The question is will overwatch hold the same staying power as TF2. It'll have to go F2P eventually to achieve that, and even then TF2 has the whole backing of random cross promotions of anything sold on steam.

I could practically write a thesis about the nuances between creative teams that made BL1 look promising while BL2 disappointing despite having a fuckload more content and fluff.

If you're the kind that cares, think you might like this article that touches on how Burch's writing deviates from the first game's. It tries not to be insulting or hit too hard, but it was still a pretty insightful read.
westinlee.com/2013/06/06/borderlands-2-writing/

Overwatch attracts TF2's casuals by design as well as very casual MOBA fans, frankly I can't see it lasting beyond two or three years once the next flavor-of-the-month game comes out. I legitimately feel it was designed from the very ground up as a flavor-of-the-month game and it'll be thrown away as soon as the next popularized game comes out.

that first fucking filename
i spat the cock right out my mouth

F

Ok, when gearbox file for bankrupt what IP are they going to sell that you faggots give a fuck about?

Sex appeal and waifu baiting destroys fat acceptance and CISbusters tier feminist marketing
Are the video game journalists calling Overwatch sexist yet for being more popular than Stillborn?

someone post the 900 packs of battleborn cards

Overwatch sold ten million + units for 40$ and 60$, they made much more then 200 million dollars.

When Overwatch dies can we claim waifus for our own? I want D.Va

I want to impregnate and marry Mercy.

Its truly a beautiful thing when a piece of shit company with piece of shit writers, piece of shit developers, piece of shit voice actors, all get their karmatic just rewards

Reaper is probably a hardcore homosexual. Most likely a massive sub, too. Somebody who projects a persona of "I AM EDGY AND BADASS; BOW TO ME" as hard as he does is clearly trying to compensate for something.

I can't believe they thought BB would be so popular that it would have a successful trading card game.

They might just be talking about the bottom line.

TF2 is almost 10 years old m8, I'm surprised its still this alive Also subreddit subs is a fucking awful way to gauge the popularity of anything, TF2 is still the 2nd most popular Steam game on Steam stats for fucks sake

Third, right?
I thought CS:GO was the second most popular.

As long as the hat money train is still going, tf2 will never be allowed to die.
There is simply to much money involved in there.

I came here for this

TO SAVE OUR MOTHER EARTH FROM ANY ALIEN ATTACK
DO YOU LIKE DEATH? THEN DIE!
"We are currently cruising at an altitude of 200 meters, and if you'll look to your left, you will see the biggest damn spider you have ever" "Can it Sully" "Sorry"

"All units be advised feminism is awesome!"

Why aren't you fucks playing EDF?

Do you need to ask?

But that's what happens when publishers decide that games need tens of hundreds of millions of dollars to make games.

I like how vault hunters in tales from the borderlands were depicted as unstoppable forces of nature compared to the normal protagonists.
It felt like devil fruit users in Onepiece.

I rarely buy western games in general anymore

I wonder if Battleborn was free to play from start, it would have a better chance.

But your pic was an actual joke about how the word faggot meant something totally different from what people usually mean when they use it.
Also, the characters didn't derail their fucking conversation to show that they were talking about the stick bundle and not /cuteboys/

I can understand being a dick to the people who just show up just to spew memes and be a dick but some of those people are being genuine assholes to little children who don't know better or have some mental impairment and that really pisses me off