3DS Homebrew Bunker

DOWNGRADING FROM 11.0 IS BROKEN
UPDATING EMUNAND TO 11.0 IS SAFE
INSTALLATION GUIDE (PARTS 1-3 FOR DOWNGRADE + EMUNAND, 4 AND 5 FOR A9LH SETUP)
github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Get-Started
If you're a full on ADHD Retard you can get a Chrome Extension to help you with the guide as well: bob.me.tz/age/
Memchunkhax2 is an exploit used to downgrade 3DS firmware. Most importantly, it can downgrade to 9.2, which is the ideal firmware that can be further exploited for access to CFW, and thus piracy and faster homebrew and emulators via kernel mode. This is possible on any firmware up to and including 10.7. Memchunkhax2 requires access to homebrew in order to run.
Memchunkhax2.1 is an exploit, much like it's predecessor, to downgrade 3DS firmware. This time, it works on 10.4-10.7, and is considerably more stable(?). As it is a new exploit that just popped out of nowhere, it may be untested and unstable for some systems and firmwares. Use this exploit at your own risk.
AFTER 11.0, DOWNGRADING IS BROKEN INDEFINITELY.
While 11.0 has only managed to patch MemChunkHax2.1 halfway, Nintendo has instated a minimum system app version list. This means that without a hardmod, it will take another exploit on the scale of 9.2 to be able to downgrade.
First, quit being such a massive faggot, and then find your firmware version below. Then see smealum.github.io/3ds/, unzip the starter kit to your SD card, and follow instructions to setup the Homebrew Launcher. Note that Tubehax is dead on all devices, all firmwares. Ignore it.
If you have a browser available, use the package in part 4 of the installation guide to dump your OTP, then update to 9.2 and install A9LH+CFW. Read here for more details: github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/9.2.0-Update If you have cubic ninja but no browser, see here: github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/9.2.0-Update-(Cubic-Ninja-OTP)
You'll want to update to 9.0-9.2, preferably 9.2. There are ways to update straight to 9.X with CFW, or you can find a game card that has a 9.0-9.2 update on-cart and use that. read here for more details. github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/9.2.0-Update
You have no use for memchunkhax2/2.1. Install a CFW of your choice.
Use browserhax, optionally install menuhax as a more permanent solution.
If you have the update nag that prevents you from using the web browser, change your system's date to January 1st, 2000 at 00:00, initialize savedata, and immediately use browserhax. Don't exit the browser using the home button, or you'll have to reinitalize save data.
If you have the nag, you can beat it by opening the web browser as fast as you can from boot before the update nag kicks you out. Bookmark the applicable browserhax link, use as quickly as possible. You'll have about 30 seconds. Alternatively, you can use Smashhax if possible. Install menuhax immediately afterwards.
As of writing, from these firmwares upwards on n3DS systems ONLY, you should not have the browser nag. Use browserhax as normal, install menuhax.
Browserhax and menuhax are usable. Ironhax does not work on this firmware as 10.4 REQUIRES you to update the game before launching it.
Downgrades are possible, but browserhax is broken. You must have a primary (Cubic Ninja, Freakyforms Deluxe) or secondary exploit game (Ocarina of Time 3D, Pokemon ORAS). In order to use a secondary exploit, you must have another 3DS with homebrew or a Powersaves (OOT3D ONLY). For more info on Powersaves, go here gbatemp.net/threads/oot3dhax-powersave-edition.401799/
No Downgrades. Homebrew is back working again, but you're fucked for downgrades unless you have a hardmod or cfw already. If you're interested in doing a hardmod, a guide is available here: gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-noob-friendly-nand-dumping-2ds-3ds-3ds-xl-n3ds-n3ds-xl.414498/ Downgrade from 11.0 with a hardmod is outlined in the A9LH Guide.

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/7JAD1x3U
gbatemp.net/threads/wip-faq-what-cfw-is-best-for-me.428509/
github.com/llakssz/CIAngel/releases/tag/v0.80
github.com/Cruel/freeShop/releases
ptrk25.github.io/GroovyFX/
github.com/HouseBreaker/Shameless/releases
3ds.titlekeys.com/
github.com/MatMaf/encTitleKeys.bin-Updater/releases
my.mixtape.moe/fhasur.zip
pastebin.com/UdL5SN04
github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/releases
github.com/astronautlevel2/StarUpdater/releases
astronautlevel2.github.io/Luma3DS/
github.com/Reisyukaku/ReiNand/releases
python.org/ftp/python/2.7.10/python-2.7.10.msi
gbatemp.net/threads/arm9loader-technical-details-and-discussion.408537/
volafile.io/r/acH6c7
github.com/44670/BootNTR/releases
my.mixtape.moe/vxcoit.zip
pastebin.com/wjXX4SG9
archive.is/V7yNq
github.com/Cruel/freeShop/issues/2
gbatemp.net/threads/cant-log-in-nintendo-network-id-services.373715/
implbits.com/products/hashtab/
yls8.mtheall.com/3dsbrowserhax_auto.php
github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki
github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-4-(2.1.0-Downgrade)
gbatemp.net/threads/release-jks-savemanager-homebrew-cia-save-manager.413143/
github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-5-(arm9loaderhax)#section-i---preparatory-work
joshuaeagles1.wix.com/3ds-homebrew-guide#!browserhax/cugn9.
gbatemp.net/threads/release-saviine-wiiu-savedata-tool.399833/
3dsthem.es/
3dschaos.com/threads/all-official-themes-for-chmm-region-free-7-07-16.2279/
mega.nz/#!2RUyFJ4b!4j1P9Obt8utwZhMwMon3iwlIMXlHw0SRAfVrto8y3Ro
gbatemp.net/threads/arm9loader-technical-details-and-discussion.408537/page-8
github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/wiki/Installation-and-Upgrade
github.com/javimadgit/TinyFormat/releases
github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-3-(RedNAND)
3dsiso.com/cia-downloads/275582-gdrive-mega-monster-hunter-generations-usa-eur-multi5-regionfree-ost.html
gbatemp.net/threads/what-options-do-we-have-on-11-fw-w-o-hardmod.434512/#post-6531644
github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-2-(9.2.0-Downgrade).
github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/NAND-Size
yls8.mtheall.com/3dsbrowserhax.php
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

NTR that works with Luma3DS when?

3DS Downgrading & Setting up CFW Links:
Installation (Follow up to step 3 for sysNAND + emuNAND, all the way for full A9LH Installation)
Thread Archives, 3DSISO Account, and Others: pastebin.com/7JAD1x3U
Luma3DS and ReiNAND are the two most popular CFW and support A9LH, as well as having a number of features: Region Free, Language Emulation, etc.
rxTools is now out of date and lacks support for newer features as well as no longer under active development. Not recommended. If you have been using it previously, it is advised to switch.
All CFWs support both O3DS and N3DS.
For additional features such as cheats, save states, screenshots, and screen capture(NEW 3DS ONLY), use your CFW of choice to launch NTR CFW.
For NTR to launch, you must download a Firmware.bin file from the A9LH guide, part 5, even if you're using emunand.
For more detailed info about each CFWs feature set, go here: gbatemp.net/threads/wip-faq-what-cfw-is-best-for-me.428509/
Do further, thorough research on your own. Ask smart questions here.
Updating from rxTools
To update from rxTools, first check that your sysnand is on 9.2. Users running rxtools

ROMS WHERE
Disregard .3ds rom dumps - this is a format for flash carts and citra only.
3dsiso, 3dschaos are the most commonly used sites for finding roms.
Downloading roms directly from nintendo is possible, and recommended as a first approach before visiting 3dsiso or 3dschaos, excluding the obvious such as romhacks.
If you would like to download roms direct from nintendo's servers on your 3ds you can use ciangel: github.com/llakssz/CIAngel/releases/tag/v0.80 or freeshop: github.com/Cruel/freeShop/releases
If you would prefer to download roms direct from Nintendo's servers on your PC you can use CDN-FX: ptrk25.github.io/GroovyFX/ you can also generate FBI-Scannable QR codes using Shameless: github.com/HouseBreaker/Shameless/releases
In order to download direct from Nintendo you must have an encTitleKeys.bin file. This contains title keys for games. You can get one here: 3ds.titlekeys.com/ or if using freeshop, get a cia installable updater for this file here: github.com/MatMaf/encTitleKeys.bin-Updater/releases
think of encTitleKeys.bin as a file that stores passwords. When Nintendo implemented the eshop every game was given a title ID, like a name, and a Title Key, like a password. Nintendo assumed that piracy would be impossible direct from the eshop, so instead of generating user-specific keys there is only one key for each game. This means that anyone can buy any game, dump the key, and then share it for everyone.
once you purchase a game the eshop installs a ticket (installable as .tik files) that tells the eshop you own a file. This allows the title to appear on the home menu and makes the title re-downloadable from the eshop. Using tools such as CDN-FX if you would prefer you can generate and install .tik files with FBI, then redownload from the eshop.
it is recommended you get your encTitleKeys.bin from 3ds.titlekeys.com/ as it is the most up-to-date.
>How does 3ds.titlekeys.com/ get keys?
the encTitleKeys.bin most commonly used by all is dependent on user submissions. If you have a title that isn't available on 3ds.titlekeys.com/ you can add it yourself for all to download.
Using Decrypt9, go to titlekey options, then titlekey decrypt for your respective nand. This will dump a decTitleKeys.bin, which is different than an encTitleKeys.bin. you can submit it to the website, where it will be added. You can create an encTitleKeys dump using Titlekey Dump, but the site doesn't take these.
You can encrypt your decTitleKeys.bin using titlekey encrypt (file) in the options. This will make it usable for everyone. you can then open this file in CDN-FX or a number of other tools to see the encrypted title key for your specific title in plain form, and post it here, or generate a QR code.
Downloads
Basic Utilities Pack: my.mixtape.moe/fhasur.zip
A Bunch of 3DS .cia's: pastebin.com/UdL5SN04
Luma3DS (Formerly AuReiNAND) Download: github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/releases
Luma3DS updater CIA: github.com/astronautlevel2/StarUpdater/releases
Luma3ds Nightly Builds: astronautlevel2.github.io/Luma3DS/
ReiNand Download (Now supports O3DS AND N3DS): github.com/Reisyukaku/ReiNand/releases
Python 2.7: python.org/ftp/python/2.7.10/python-2.7.10.msi
In-depth Arm9LoaderHax information: gbatemp.net/threads/arm9loader-technical-details-and-discussion.408537/
3d/scurv/ volafile: volafile.io/r/acH6c7
NTR CFW: github.com/44670/BootNTR/releases 3.4 is New 3DS only, 3.2 supports O3DS. No longer in development, but still useful for features.
Last rxTools nightly (only use if you have to): my.mixtape.moe/vxcoit.zip
Current OP Pasta: pastebin.com/wjXX4SG9
Last Thread: archive.is/V7yNq

NTR works fine with luma3ds, just download the firmware.bin. If you're on O3DS you can't use 3.4pre.

So who here enjoyed 7th Dragon

DLC when

Is there anything left to even do in that game after the shadow world?

there's some DLC but that's about it

also I haven't beaten the game so no bully

im stuck where the 3 teams split since my c team is underleveled, and doesnt have the gear for the instakill boss

So i started playing virtues last to cool down from grindan

I'm about to plug my Wii U, last time was around 6 months, so I can play the splatfest.

However, is it worth it? How are Wii U haxs coming up?

Sorry for being a retard but I need these answered:
-How do I install a sys update without it installing on my sysnand? How do I make sure it installs on emunand?

-How the fuck do I install updates? I wanna play some monz again but I can't do anything online because of a stupid ass patch

Also this one is less important but is there some tool that lets you have infinite free plays on Badge arcade? I actually enjoy the gameplay but don't wanna pay the rabbit jew and don't wanna unlock everything without playing the game.

Wii U hacking is going in the right direction. Piracy is fully available, there's modding BUT shit takes forever to load and USBs are not yet compactible

wii u has piracy but it's pretty basic. Still waiting on IOSU for emunand and shit.

ensure your nands are unlinked. Format your sysnand, and then change themes on emunand and if menuhax doesn't break on sysnand then you're good.

for game patches, once you get your emunand updated there'll be a popup that says an update is available and it'll prompt you to download on launch.

You can cheat unlimited plays in badge arcade but people have been getting online bans for doing it so it's a shitty idea.

Last time my emunand was up to date and I tried to update anything, my bottom screen would tear for a little and then I'd get an error.

Also my nands are unlinked, so I need to sysupdate by going into emunand>system settings and update from there, yes?

Yes, update from system settings.

NDS ROM injection never ever?

never ever indeed

ty user~

is there an idiots guide for wii u homebrew

Alright, the biggest issue I have with Freeshop and CIAngel is that it doesn't let me type text from anything other than English (i.e. Japanese). In the long run it's not a big deal, but it keeps making me scroll all the way to the right for Japan-only games.

github.com/Cruel/freeShop/issues/2

I own one 11.0 device (old, smaller 3DS) that I use for legit shit like accessing the estore and one device (3DSXL) on 9.2 that I use for muh freedumbs and pokemon haxxxxxoring.

Can you tell me what you mean with:
on Firmware 11.0?
Not that I need it as my other device is on 9.2 with reinand but if possible I would also hack the 11.0 device just for fun

Homebrew launcher works on 11.0 but not any actual exploits.

so the capability to run homebrew is useless atm
I would have needed the 11.0 device anyway in winter when PKMN Sun/moon arrive but I was just curious. Thanky anyway

You can use the cfwd one with new games fine. You could set up arm9loaderhax on the one already on 9.2 and then have one consolidated 3ds.

Get piracy set up on your 9.2 one and then you can just update emunand (or the plain system if you're using A9LH) so you've got all new-firmware benefits/no restrictions as well as keeping your exploit.

Or just get a cryptofixed cia when the game's out I suppose.

So I have a n3DS XL running an 11.0.0 Reinand, and I'm wondering how I should go about getting a9hl up and running without losing my NNID?

My actual NAND is currently on 9.0.

What you do is read the OP, and then part 4 and 5 of the Pailect guide. You'll lose that 11.0 emu, so back up all those saves.

Also, put that to 9.2, it's suhtly better than 9.0 in terms of hax compatibility.

Maki is a tomato

Still looking for people who know how MonHun 4 save slots are treated, and whether i can swap only 1 slot to another console.

welp looks like i updated sysnand instead of rednand and now i'm running 11.0.33E. I'm fucked right?

unless you have a hardmod, yes.

Dang. I guess I could just sell this and buy a new system.

on luma 11.0

rhythm haven megamix won't load and sticks at the black, nintnedo 3ds screen.

cia was already cryptofix

help pls

and with mhg coming out, any idea whether i can transfer my save file from mhx

this webm reminds me of that nip user who use to randomly post here speaking moon runes. [spoilers]i wonder will he ever post again[/spoiler]

Is it that one dude who ask for yuri games?

i believe so, those threads were fun.

1. Get SD card, prefferably 64 gigs or more and format it (if it wasn't already) to FAT32.
2. Put loadiine and homebrew channel on SD (you only have to drag folders out of a RAR archive)
3. To open loadiine, your way of running games, go to loadiine.ovh on the wii u brower and hit (there's a dropdown menu, but the default option should be what you need so don't touch that).
4. Wait for your browser to crash and once you're in homebrew mode select loadiine

To add games, download them from WiiUiso or some other site and put them on your SD in a folder titled 'games'. Note that if the game folder does not have a Title ID when unzipped you will have to look it up or else the game won't start. A title ID looks like this [AE43T2].
If the game you're trying to launch is Virtual Console (emulated) then you can come up with a bullshit ID and it will start anyway. For example [G0ODG0Y]

I've gotten myself in deep shit

what the fuck do I do

Maki is a whore.

Don't be rude, Maki is the best.

I don't know who she is I just know I use the AuReiNAND splash on Luma3DS because it's cute. Not as cute as the older one but it'll do.

Do a format through system settings in sysnand and it'll update the Nintendo servers, then relink it to your emunand.

Maki a cute.

Check out this thread for more on 022-2634 if that's the error you're having, I dealt with the same thing but since tiny format came out this hasn't really been an issue.

Jesus fuck I'm out of it
gbatemp.net/threads/cant-log-in-nintendo-network-id-services.373715/

Does reinand work with gateways emunand? If not what cfw does?

Learn the difference between a CFW (rxTools, ReiNAND, Luma3DS, CakesFW, Gateway) and an entry point (themehax, arm9loaderhax, ninjahax, etc). Also Gateway are incompetent idiots stop using them.

She is one of the main characters of the anime love live. and best girl

I know what a cfw is, but the emunand partition that the gateway card creates is compatible with rxtools apparently, so I was wondering if it was compatible with reinand as well.

Why is she the only one with a lower lip there? Why the fuck do nips keep giving anime characters lips recently? It looks awful, should be reserved for denoting aras if anything at all.

Oh sorry. It should, but you really should just switch to Luma3DS full time. Gateway cards are an anachronism.

Anime lips you say?

I want to but I dont have the time right now to set it up. I'd need to mirror my small sd card onto a larger one, convert or redownload my games as cia files, etc.

Is luma 3ds compatible with it? I assume its another cfw.

Then just use the Gateway until you are prepared to set up fresh, there's no real point in using both systems although you may as well make use of the blue card for DS games it is reasonably compatible.

Luma3DS is just a fork of ReiNAND, it used to be called AuReiNAND even. So it shouldn't matter. If it doesn't work you may have to set up a fresh emuNAND but it'll be worth it.

Is it better than a DStwo?

Doubtful. They probably don't even include them anymore now themehax and A9LH exist, it was for installing that ancient MSET exploit. But the only game I haven't been able to run so far is NSMB. If you've got something else by all means use it.

Alright. Thanks for the help man.

Well I want to play pogeymans online and monhun 4. If do the downgrade will I still be able to use online? I can't play online until I update my 3ds but I wont do it.

I honestly had to watch this webm again to spot that. Who gives a shit?

emunand should work with any cfw fine.

When you do the downgrade, you setup an emunand which is basically a seperate home menu that can be updated as much as you want. If you install A9LH you can skip that and just use your 3ds as if it were stock.

Does anyone know of a good NAND backup tool? I was using EMUNAND9 but I'm not sure if it backups correctly (all dumps are exact same size and the date on them seems incorrect)

emunand9, decrypt9, hourglass9 all do nand backups. They're all by the same person. New versions of Emunand9 generate .sha files to check hashes if you're really concerned, and you can verify the validity of dumps in it. the dumps being the exact same size is a good thing.

Installed and backed up, how do I verify that the .sha is the same as my nand?

you can verify it in emunand9 and if you're on windows you can check with certUtil in cmd or using something like hashtab: implbits.com/products/hashtab/

Do you know where exactly in emunand9 I can check that?

I don't have my 3DS with me right now but I think it should appear right in the menu with backup/restore. Emunand9 is less packed than d9 so just look around.

So if I format my emunand and then reload the backup all my software (games etc) will be back, yes? How come all that shit isn't permamently gone if the backup is so tiny anyway?

The NAND backup will always be one of these sizes: 943 mb, 954 mb, 1.21 gb, or 1.84 gb. The size of the NAND dump is based off the size of the NAND, not the data installed. Most of the stuff you're thinking of is actually installed on the SD.

The reason stuff "returns" when you restore a NAND backup is because the data written to SD. The reason you can't just move it off SD, of course, is because when the NAND writes to SD it encrypts the data so that it can only be read by that same NAND.

So with A9LH will I always be able to play online (aka always update to Ninty's new firmware), no matter what Ninty does?

Pls help, I know some of you know the answer

a9lh+latest stable Luma3DS cfw, yes

What romcart should I get to play ds roms on a n3ds?

what the fuck

so I formatted my shit and then reloaded the backup and all my software is gone

t-there's a way to return all my shit.. right?

pray for me

i have an old 3ds xl, version 10.3.0-28U

when i try to

>Navigate to yls8.mtheall.com/3dsbrowserhax_auto.php or scan the QR code on your 3DS (if you get a slider, zoom all the way in on it, then tap the very right edge of it; this can take quite a few tries)

it keeps failing on an orange screen

but now, i got to the point that it freezes on a red screen, what does it mean?

I rather like the dstwo

nvm i was retard

Can i play online with the gaymes from Ciangel/Freeshop or only lan and solo playtime?

Was Digimon World Re:Digitize Decode available to download on the eShop in Japan, or was it a physical-only deal? I can only ever find the update for it through the various dl apps.

I am trying to help my friend fix his 3DS, he has a9lh/Luma3DS installed on there, and his machine has not been able to boot.

When I went to check his files, I noticed he was missing boot.3dsx (his SD card is shitty, and has randomly deleted CIAngel among who knows what else). This is probably the reason why it hasn't been booting, obviously, but I'm not sure if we can recover the machine from this nor not. Is there a place we can redownload boot.3dsx, or is he screwed?

you can play online with any .cia games.

you should check 3dsiso/3dschaos but chances are it was cart-only

boot.3dsx is just the homebrew launcher, download the starter pack/homebrew launcher again and copy it back. Get a new SD card though, or else your saves and games will be fucked later on. boot.3dsx shouldn't affect boot on an a9lh system though. Check the arm9loaderhax.bin for that instead.

How are you able to tell if there is anything wrong with arm9loaderhax.bin, though? We replaced it with a new dl from the Luma3DS repo, but we're still running into the same issue, so it did nothing.

We tried the test payload in Plailect's troubleshooting section, and that didn't work either. Is there a chance he's just bricked?

if you take the sd card out, and you see the light come on and then blink off immediately, then your 3ds is fine. if the light stays solid then it's a brick. Either way your sd card is fucked though.

I saw it on 3dschaos, but I haven't a clue if it was a .3ds or .cia since I didn't download it.

so i have a 64 gig sd card coming sometime in the next couple days and im ready for this

i haven't updated from 10.3 for months just for this moment

im gonna follow this guide;
github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki
unless there is something in there to be concerned about

any other tips of things i should look up in the next few days?

I'm trying to launch some GBA games off of my home menu, but it just won't work. I'm greeted with an error on the bottom screen that forces me to restart my 3ds.

I have installed the cia to both regular and emuNAND, and I'm using Luma3DS v5.5
Any help? Or are the cias that I got bad?

Fixed it by injecting FBI into H&S via Decrypt9Wip and installing to sd there.

Aside from making sure you format your card to FAT32, you should be fine if you have basic reading comprehension.

What's the proper procedure for migrating files from one SD card to another on an a9lh 3DS? The original SD card had to be formatted at some point during the modding process, so I imagine you have to do the same for the new one.

as long as your new sd card is fat32, just copy the files. If it's an exfat sd card then load emunand9, press select to unmount your sd card, then format the new one in the sd format options, then copy your stuff over.

Has anyone been having a lot of crashing issues with games they got through CIAngel? Not freezing, but actually getting an error message and having to hard restart the device?

i just finished it starting on 10.3 and ending on "custom" 11.0

i had one or two problems, but google helped me

not sure what i should do next, how do i install games or what the fuck is this NTR CFW

it took a fucking long time to complete this

I transferred some games to my sd card and they ended up becoming corrupt and my sd card had to be formatted to be read by my pc or ds. I was able to get back the larger partition.
My question is, is there a way to get back the 2 gig partition as well? The program i used was easeus data recovery wizard.

Yes, had it happen twice in the few times I've used.

if you haven't figured that out by now you're pretty retarded.

it's a cfw that you load from other cfw that has extra bells and whistles like screenshots, and screen recording for new 3ds only. it's discontinued now too.

Do you mean your emunand? if you have a backup you can restore it, but depending on the recentness of it it will need tickets for games you have installed already.

bump

Is there a reason to buy Cubic Ninja if I already got the downgrade and ReiNAND?

I already did, mind you. Was cheap-ish and might come in handy if I need to mod another 3DS for whatever reason. Just wondering if there's anything I can do with it now.

Motherfucker. Do plugins still get made for it?

So what's different with the whole real CFW on SysNAND? Is installing .cia files basically the same as on an EmuNAND?

I've got a 2DS with a capture card in it running rxtools emunand 10.20 and a 1st gen 3DS sitting here on 4.5.0. I want to set up homebrew on the latter and I'm just curious if there's anything I need to keep in mind besides the fact I won't need to worry about two different running versions anymore.

Is there a way to pirate normal DS games on the 3DS?

There's a CIA for Warioware Touched. I'm not sure of anything specific, but we got injects of GBA games working.

We'll see, I guess. Can't wait to play Lunar Knights again, personally.

No, cubic ninja is just a way to get into homebrew.

Yes, but no one knows for how long. The Luma team is working on getting some features in, but since cell 9 quit and ntr is all closed source it will be a while before we get to that point again.

You should update to 9.2 either way. rxtools bit the dust so update your sysnand to 9.2 and install Luma. The sysnand cfw stuff with arm9loaderhax is the same as using an emunand but without waiting for boots or rolling the dice on your MSET exploit or the homebrew launcher working properly.

Buy a flash cart.

The only reason Warioware touched got posted was because it was on the dsiware store then. In order for a game on be made like that it has to be rebuilt completely as dsiware. For regular retail nds games just get a flash cart.

WHAT THE SHIT, WHEN WAS THIS

DSiWARE IS STILL UPDATED?

How the fuck do you install CIAs from the SD card using FBI 2.0.0+? Should I just use old FBI?

Use your eyeballs to pick the very first option in the list, SD, then navigate to your folder.

I have an Old3ds with a firmware of 9.2 but can't get homebrew with browserhax via the sliderhax method, I only get a yellow screen upon tapping the slider then an error message telling me to restart the system. Do I need to do homebrew or can I just go straight to getting CFW on my 3ds?

you have to load your cfw through the homebrew launcher on 9.2. make sure you have the homebrew launcher boot.3dsx on your sd card, clear your browser data in the browser settings and keep trying.

So I just have to brute force it til I get to homebrew?

yes, pretty much. Once you get into the homebrew launcher, use the menuhax installer so you can get as close as you can to coldboot on 9.2.

Selecting a .cia only gives me Delete, Rename, Copy and Paste. No install.

I tried on old FBI too, but that gives me an insta error.

are you sure you're in cfw and/or are you using cakes? if so, check your patches, it might not be letting you install it because of signature patches.Just my guess at least. That doesn't sound like an FBI problem though. Try devmenu as well, you can get it in the utilities pack in op.

I'm running it through sysNAND>HBL>FBI; I am trying to reinstall FBI onto the custom firmware

That's your problem then, inject it first. If you run it through HBL it'll install it to sysnand which has no patches.

mind spoonfeeding me on that?

steps 9-17. After you have FBI installed in health and safety load it in rednand and install the fbi.cia. also, I'd recommend following parts 4 and 5 of that guide in full to install arm9loaderhax but if you would prefer not to you can stick to your rednand setup.

I'm using rxtools as emunand, I don't have a rednand

emunand and rednand are functionally the same, just follow it as if it said emunand instead. get rid of rxTools though, that's in the OP:

rxTools is way out of date.

Is there a sweetspot for where to touch the slider, I know the guide says the right side but there has to be more to this than just getting lucky right?

no real spot other than to zoom in as far as you can and tap the very edge, if you keep having issues clear your browser data and try again.

This is so soul crushing, I've done this about 25 times now and still just a yellow screen and an error message.

try redownloading and copying your boot.3dsx and again, keep claring your browser data.

Does the 3ds even have video games now? everything involves being a good goy and getting the CPP or the n3ds I shouldn't have trusted nintendo after all those gamegoy and DS models

There aren't more than 5, if that, games exclusive to the n3ds. Unless you count SNES games, but you really shouldn't

There's only one exclusive (XB3D), but like 5-8 games have additional modes/options on N3DS.

Also, is there any alternative to Sava Data Manager? The app crashes 60% of the time on boot and I have yet to successfully inject a save file using it.

There's SVDT, which is meant to be the better one. If you're incapable of using plaintext like me and need GUIs, you're fucked, kiddo.

There's another shose name I can not recall, but everyone talks it up without any fucking download links or instructions. I found a link on some dodgy site and installed it, but never used it. Apparently it can get deeper into the save files and extract them better/safer/faster as well as inject. It's also the only way to handle some games with strange saves.

I use Jks save manager for the most part, it works pretty well and I've not had any issues.

If you're talking of savedatafiler the reason that's hard to get us because it's a leaked devapp. I've included a cia of it as well as devmenu in the utilities pack listed in op. If you're talking about jks save manager just go here: gbatemp.net/threads/release-jks-savemanager-homebrew-cia-save-manager.413143/

bump to save it from page 15?

what the fuck do i do

How do I update decrypt9 and emunand9/hourglass on an a9lh 3ds

By downloading them and overwriting the existing ones. They're in the payloads folder with names according to what button needs to be held down to start them.

github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-5-(arm9loaderhax)#section-i---preparatory-work

Yours may be differently named depending on when you installed A9LH and Luma3DS.

Will having both aeskeysdb and all of the slot?key?? bins be in any way to my detriment? I'm too lazy to clean up.

Yes, i meant my emunand and i did restore the backup. The corruption gave me some other problems however and i have solved all of them except for FBI.
FBI no longer works, selecting to install a cia gives an error to read an trying to exit FBI causes the 3ds to crash and it instructs to hold the power but to shut it off.

My question is how do i fix FBI or is there a better installer available? I'm using the latest version of reinand.

Actually I installed A9LH a while ago, what are all these new files like emergency_SecureInfo_A and actually, from the A9LH payload is it possible to redump the OTP?

Just leave 'em there you should be fine but back up all the stuff you needed from the 2.1.0 downgrade.

Could it have something to do with my isp blocking any unconfirmed DNS's?

Shit I just saw this from joshuaeagles1.wix.com/3ds-homebrew-guide#!browserhax/cugn9.

I assume this is the reason I haven't got it to load since I went from 6.X up to 9.2 using a cooking mama game cart. Is it still possible to get a browser version that will load browserhax?

Is this in both the injected/installed versions or just one? Try installing devmenu from the utilities pack in OP or try re-injecting. If you've previously only been using the injected version you should reinject and install the new one.

they won't be to your detriment, however with the aeskeydb you don't need the slotkey bin files.

shouldn't be, if you can go to yls8.mtheall.com fine then it should work okay.

it's a possibility, some carts don't contain browsers. If you get an exploit game and get in that way you can try that.

the secureinfo_a is for region-changing, you don't have to worry about it at all if you're not fucking around with your NAND. You can't dump your OTP above 2.1 with anything, the registers to dump it are locked even before A9LH kicks in. However, if you've dumped it once you're fine, nothing has changed with it, it's still the same.

anyone got any recommendations for good games?

Those two right? Yeah I've still got 'em backed up safely in multiple places as well as a NAND backup. Good to know the rest aren't necessary.

good plan. It's wise to make periodic nand backups still because it holds your tickets - meaning, when you install a game it adds the ticket to your nand, and it lets you see it in the menu. This means any games you installed after your last nand dump won't be visible if you're forced to restore an old one. It's not hard to fix, it's just a pain. As far as I'm aware otp0x108.bin isn't really used for anything. I think you can use it to generate OTP if you lose it(?) but it's a good idea to have around nonetheless.

7th Dragon, Azure Striker Gunvolt, Bravely Default/Second, Hyrule Warriors Legends (preferably on N3DS), both Kirbys, Oot3D/Majora's Mask 3D, Mario Kart 7, Pokemon X/Y/OR/AS though X/Y were kind of a let down, Super Mystery Dungeon, Shovel Knight, Smash, Starfox 64 3D, NES Remix, and Yo-Kai Watch. That's the majority of what I have installed on mine.

I got it working, Thanks mate.

nvm fixed it
the primary link for the 9.2.0 o3DS EUR firmware didn't checksum correctly when i checked it with SafeSysupdater, the one from the mirror worked like a charm on PlaiSysUpdater.

Yo-Kai Watch was good if not fuckeasy. The 2nd one is coming out in the US soon.
LBX is fun, it's kind of like custom robo if you ever played that.
If you like rhythm games there's always Rhythm Heaven Megamix and all 3 of the Taiko No Tasujin games,
If you want a farming simulator, there's story of seasons and Rune Factory 4.

Can't really find a category for these two, but I've been playing Pocket Card Jockey and Unholy Heights recently and they've been fun.

an exploit game? you mean like oot, mystery dungeon or smash?

yes, or now freakyforms deluxe/pokemon oras.

Did someone make an alternative to NTR yet?

No, it's going to be a while, ntr was all closed source so there's nothing to go off of. The Luma team is working on it.

Well I have Omega ruby so I just pop that in and use it as a prompt to update instead then try browserhax?

thank god for the LUMA team

No, you use omega ruby to load into the homebrew launcher using basehaxx. I've not really looked into it but I think it's primary, so you should just have to scan a qr code.

I just looked and basehaxx is secondary so you're still out of luck on that front.

I'm still on 9.2 so maybe it wouldn't hurt to update to a later firmware again like 10.2 or something since isn't that the firmware browserhax was designed to boot from?

There are a number of different browserhax versions for different fw, the fw version shouldn't affect it as long as you're not on 10.6/10.7. you can possibly update with cart again, but check the browser status because some carts like pokemon super mystery dungeon will completely block the browser.

What are the chances of finding a 3ds at a low enough firmware nowadays?

it's not too hard, if you buy a brand new 3ds it should come with 10.7 or under which worst case scenario requires you to have an exploit game, so if you have one already on cart you just have to use your current 3ds to install the package to it.

Does anyone here knowledgeable of the wii u's home brew?
I already got it set up but i want to use my save file from a physical copy of xenoblade X on the uncensored digital version. Is there a program that can do this?

you can use saviine to dump your saves: gbatemp.net/threads/release-saviine-wiiu-savedata-tool.399833/

I've not actually ever tried, though.

Took me a while to figure out how to use it but now i can finally play xenoblade with uncensored lolis!!

Not him but is it actually certain that there aren't new 11.x 3DSes? Because even if new hacks come out for those there's probably no way of getting anything like A9LH. Seems simpler to look online for ones that have a known firmware version, or to go to a second-hand store and ask to check them (how I got mine).

any 3ds' that have been on shelves are not 11.0, only the newest of the new 3dses going out are going to have 11.0. On top of this, depending on where you get yours from you can probably take it back if it is 11.0. It's very unlikely to get a new system with 11.0 right now, unless you're getting some new special edition.

my N3DS keeps locking up in sleep mode now

Any idea's?

what's your cfw, what do you have open?
FBI has problems with sleep mode.

luma 5.5

And I never had problems with FBI before

If you were installing a cia and it locked up in sleep mode try devmenu instead.

Nah I mean even if I turn the system on and its on the main menu, if I put it into sleep mode it can lock up

If I were to get a new SD card and shove all the files from my current card onto it and then tried using it on my 3DS, would it work?

only if you have Arm9loaderhax, if you're using menuhax with an emunand you have to fuck around with it more because the emunand is in a partition.

cool, thanks.

I'm trying to downgrade from 10.7.0-32E to 9.2 using smasbroshax (cartridge 1.0.1). I can successfully get in to homebrew launcher, but when I try to downgrade with Plaisysupdater or Safesysupdater it always gets stuck on HAX INIT. After some googling it seems lots of people have the same problem but one guy was apparently successful in downgrading to 10.5 then using menuhax to downgrade. Does anyone know where I can find the update files for 10.5 or have any other ideas?

I'm pretty sure you can find packs of fw on 3dsiso, but if you can't get past hax in it then you're going to have trouble accomplishing even that. Also, if you want to manually downgrade to 10.5 you can't use plaisysupdater, you have to go get safesysupdater, but it won't be able to check the hashes for you.

Good news, I downgraded to 9.2. I found the 10.5 fw didn't have any luck with it, but I managed to install basehaxx and everything went smooth.

What are the chances that an exploit will be found for 11.0 without doing a hardmod?

Never

Cool, good luck on the rest of the process.

Very very slim. At this point in time the Arm9 processor enforces a minimum system apps version number (unless you have cfw already). In basic terms this means that an exploit on the scale of the 9.2 one has to be found to get downgrades, which obviously doesn't happen very often. If you do a hardmod you can force an older native firm and make a Franken firmware with 11.0/10.2 and downgrade.

Looked through the first few posts and I couldn't quite find an answer.
If I have 11.0 firmware I can access homebrew through freakyhax/OoThax but does it still have kernel access so I can install .cia files through FBI or another exploit or am I screwed?

What good homebrew FTPs let me download roms and cias wirelessly onto my 3ds without taking out the sd card?

I personally use FTP-GMX.

No, you can only use homebrew on 11.0. In order to do anything with FBI you have to downgrade to 9.2.

I'd do what suggests, but (assuming you're using a N3DS here, this need not apply otherwise) I personally just use the MicroSD management that's built-in via System Settings for emuNAND or sysNAND. Only issue I've run into is that it boots back into sysNAND and I have to reboot after exiting settings.

I prefer to use FTP-GMX for a time convenience, but assuming you're using A9LH like I am then it's not that significant. Still, restarting is a pain.

I fucked up, what do?

O3DS on 9.2.0, to clarify

I believe the ability to run FBI or install CIAs was patched out at 10.3. (10.3 could install legit CIAs only, ie. games that were preinstalled as bundles.) You could try on 11.0 but I'm highly doubtful it would work, as all known ARM9 / svc exploits seem to have been patched.

Reinstall menuhax, numbnut. Then:

You went wrong at
If you want to CHMM2 on emunand, you have to boot HBL from emunand. HBL cia or browserhax. Themehax only loads homebrew off of sysNAND.

Is there a way to unfuck this shit or have I screwed the pooch. I already have a CFW and Emunand set up but menuhax is broken so I cant access it

If you updated your sysnand to 11.0 you're fucked. Get a hardmod or live with it.

Well fuck. Cant say I didnt know the risks.

At least I didnt brick my system.

So with the MHX->MHG conversion program, is there any way to use a cheat engine to maybe change my character's name? I made a stupid spelling error, but didn't care because I assumed I would be starting fresh once Generations came out.

So can these game's CIAs be edited to work on lower firmware? I don't want to change to a9lh if I don't have to.

what the fuck are you trying to say?

My emunand is limited to 9.5 (I think) because I'm using an older exploit.

Change your CFW to luma, you don't need to change anything else and you should be able to update.

If you have access to exploits, you aren't limited to anything, fammo.

Let me clarify and make sure. I have ninjhax to access reinand on my n3ds, my emunand is at 9.5 or sonething. If I switch to luma, I can update to latest emunand firmware, keep sysnand at 9.2, and keep all my saves and shit?

yes, as long as your sysnand is on 9.2 you can use newer CFW that supports higher emunand. All your stuff will be there.

That's great. Good to know.

What do I need to do to remove the DS flashcart DRM so I can play Pokemon Platinum on my old as fuck R4i Gold? I'm running al9h with CakesFW.

install luma™

You used the nag to update, didn't you?
Using the nag fucks everything, I don't know why.

Well, time to sell my good old North American XL, it's at version 11.

Might as well, wanted the New 3DS XL for Monster Hunter anyway, this just seems like a convenient excuse.

However, what version are they sold as? Or rather, are there any New 3DS XLs that are sold at version 11?
Wouldn't want to buy one just to find out I can't downgrade it to begin with, and hardmodding seems too risky when you can just swap a new system for an older one.

obviously, if they were manufactured before 11.0 came out they won't have 11.0 on them. This rules out the vast majority of brand new 3dses. As long as it isn't incredibly recent you should be fine.

Buy brand new, last time I bought one new it came 9.8

Get a JP N3DS. You won't regret it.

Why?

fuck off you fucking cocktease.

I would recommend against this, unless you're looking for one of the hard to find non-xl new 3dses. JP means that you can't use the eshop in USA or get updated on the home menu from USA, and if you want to change regions to get an english home menu then you're completely out of luck for eshop altogether. If you're going to primarily play US games on your system go for a US one. On top of that, if you're unfortunate enough to get a JP 3DS with 8.1 then you have no way of updating to 9.2 without a cartridge.

also, if you get one on 10.6/10.7 without browserhax you have to buy a japanese oot3d or cn to get into the homebrew launcher, and any more recent cfw supports regionfree out of the box. It's just a shitty idea.

Because then you, too, can use these sweet Animu themes.

Kek, who the fuck is going to be buying games?

USA eshop means updates for USA games without having to go out and get cias for them every time. If someone intends to play primarily US games you get a better deal by buying a US console. Also, themes are a non-point. You can get custom themes from 3dsthem.es as well as a pack of all the official themes from all regions on 3dsiso.

You can't use JP themes on a NA 3DS, even if it's got CFW on it. I don't think anybody has figured out how to crack that odd bit of DRM.

As for updating the games, how often do 3DS games honestly get updates?

you can use JP themes on an NA 3ds, I know because I do on a regular basis.You can install them as CIAs if you want, they should work. They also come in packs converted for use with CHMM, which lets you do custom themes too. As for updates, smash 4 has seen it's fair share as well as all the pokemon games, as well as hyrule warriors legends, DKC returns, Mario Kart, and Shovel Knight (which has more in the future), to name a few.

DSiWare and 3DS eShop seem to be one and the same going by freeShop. I couldn't find a fucking PetitComputer cia for the life of me anywhere on the internet and then freeShop showed it in its listings.

Where's a thug gotta go to get these themes? I'm sick of pink bubblegum bliss.

3dsthem.es/ sometimes has good themes.
I'm up for requests because I got nothing better to do.

all official themes CHMM ready can be found here: 3dschaos.com/threads/all-official-themes-for-chmm-region-free-7-07-16.2279/

for customs you can go to

dumb question, could use an answer quick because ive stopped the hacking for this;
it says to copy the contents of the 3ds folders of both emuNAND and plaisysupdater, but im unsure if that includes the files outside the 3ds folders
also the 3ds folder of emuNAND is "3DS" instead of "3ds", do i copy and merge the contents of the "3DS" to "3ds"?
sorry about being a dumb faggot but i dont have the money to buy a new 3ds if i fuck this up

The capitals don't matter, so yes, merge it. If you're not sure if you should merge it, go into the 3DS folder and look at the folders in it. There should be a folder with the title of the program, and within that, 1 or 2 files. One will have THE EXACT name as the folder with the extension of .3dsx, which is the application, and then there's sometimes a .smdh with the same name. smdh is just an icon, so don't worry if it's not there.

So yes, copy the folders of the homebrew you're trying to install, or merge the folders if you want. Same thing.

Now for a question I can't find the answer to myself:
Are there any lewd or straight up H games on the 3ds, either actually published or homebrew?

i merged everything over and it worked out fine, but now im backing up my sysNAND and this part is very clear

my n3DS nand backup should be roughly 1.84gbs; it can be over that size occasionally but if its under that its fucked. i've dumped 3 times and each time its just under the requirement
maybe i have the samsung?

What are you dumping with? EmuNAND9? And how far under are you? There's actually 4 sizes your emuNAND/RedNAND bin files can be.

EmuNAND9, i checked again and my second dump was on point and then above by 100 or so bytes so im all good now
onto step 3
lets hope this big baka doesnt brick ;^;

Just back it up before and after a system update or when fucking about with things other than installing games and you should be fine.

once my RedNAND is done updating, ill be onto step 4

this is scary
but i can do it
im doin it

do it for MHG
do it for muh fire emblumz
do it for your waifu

But I already did it back in January for mai waifu Callie and for free Sm4sh DLC

Or you could just pirate them and slap them on a US/EU 3DS.

i meant more for me here
im powering through and hopefully will finish before 12
i gotta do shit tomorrow

Luckily unless you're in the middle of an involved process like the actual downgrade you can generally leave it half-finished in a step and then come back to it

fuck it, im halfway through step 4, worse comes to worse ill drink more coffee than ususal

its worth it anyways
LEAKED COPY OF MHG SITTING ON MY PC HERE I FUCKIN COME

I've heard about Generations being kinda half-baked in its new features but if you like Monster Hunter at all I imagine you'll get into it anyways.

So my Austrialian friend has a 1.1 o3ds, how do get piracy on it? Can I do so with a console that old?

Well I just bricked an o3DS. Was doing my second mod and copied a lot of files/directories over, which included my previous console's OTP. The shitty one-click installer thing for "safe"a9lh that was implemented since I ran my previous mod didn't overwrite that OTP and used the wrong OTP.

Hashed them both afterward and they're still the same.

Anyone know a cheap/reliable hardmodder in the US? hundshamer comes recommended on gbatemp but hasn't logged in for 10 days.

i probably wont use them
im more excited about being able to play a palico, and just how much fun it looks
im gonna try to get a small guild type thing going and get people to all do hunts together and stuff
one big monster hunting family i hope

first thing you want to do is check if you have the browser. If you have access to the browser, try and dump your OTP right away. The next step is to get a cart like Ocarina of Time 3D and update to 4.5, then use rxTools to load sysupdater and update to 9.2. You can continue the process from there. If you can get the OTP on 1.1 then you'll be able to set up arm9loaderhax right away, and avoid having to downgrade to 2.1 after you get to 9.2.

The other recommended one is vb_encryption_vb, from what I've read he has faster turnaround time but I've not got a hardmod so I can't really say.

Do decent hacks even exist for that old a firmware? The guide recommends downgrading to 2.1.0 specifically because of that.

Also another decent game 4.5 cart is Luigi's Mansion 2.

LIPS ARE FOR ARAS ONLY

Thanks for that recommendation user, this dude looks much more promising than anything I had found.

Still fuming over the fact that "safea9lh" doesn't throw an error when it tries to write an otp where one already exists. Also at myself for being such a lazy nigger.

Had to relaunch that crashing homebrew launcher a good 500 times to get everything done. So much wasted time.

3ds 1.1 didn't have a browser, did it? You have to remember that this 3ds is in 'stralia and I need to help someone do this through text.

This is what I get for buying a 3DS game during NEO-Nintendo's reign. To the seven seas I go!

No cfw or anything exists for it but if you can get the browser you can dump otp, and if you have cubic ninja you can use a qr code to dump your otp (pic related).
Here's the 1.0.0 package, no idea how well it works.
mega.nz/#!2RUyFJ4b!4j1P9Obt8utwZhMwMon3iwlIMXlHw0SRAfVrto8y3Ro

And here's the gbatemp thread where this was all at:

gbatemp.net/threads/arm9loader-technical-details-and-discussion.408537/page-8

I know the 3DS barely have any games worth talking about but these threads don't deserve to fly off so easily.

Bump

Stupid question. Is the 3DSXL considered and old 3ds or a new 3ds?

It's an old3ds, new 3dses have new explicitly in the name, the extra buttons, and the clit.

That's what I figured.
I've got menuhax in and now I'm getting ready to downgrade. Just wanted to make sure I'm not grabbing the wrong tools

Alright, I'm downgrading to 9.2 with the PlaiSysUpdater and I get to the button prompt, and things seem to be going good.. and then I get the "an error has occurred" screen.

halp?

take your sd card and boot it up again, menuhax will be broken. After booting up put your sd card back in and then run the downgrader again.

Any other good hardmodders you champs know of? This guy vb_encryption_vb won't do my model (small o3ds) and hundshamer seems MIA.

My n3DS has started being finnicky with carts. Sometimes they just stop working and the 3DS acts like there's nothing there, but if I pop it out and give it a quick blow of air it suddenly works perfectly fine again.

This is irritating because when it happens to my DS flashcart whatever game I'm playing crashes. Am I fucked? Is there any way to clean the contacts if that's an issue?

Does anyone have the latest version of mhx with eng patch? it seems that v10 it's not the one

how do i install another cfw (like Reinand) with a gateway card?
I hate the gateway launcher but I'm kinda intimidated/confused on how i should go about installing another cfw
I used Emunand9 for my formatting but now I'm absolutely lost on what to do next (also I think I didn't format right and have to do it again)

basically I'm a fucking mess

As long as your sysnand is on 9.2, download the cfw from github, copy the .dat, 3ds, and whichever other folder (most likely Luma or rei) to your SD card. Use menuhax to boot into the homebrew launcher then there should be a luma/rei launcher in the list. They should both work with your emunand.

You'd probably have to take it apart to do all that, but that doesn't sound good certainly. You can get a new cart slot altogether for like $10-15 on eBay so if you're going to take it apart anyways might as well start fresh.

I've really got no idea but I'll look into it some.

Still getting this error.

try and download the 9.2 mirror package, or check it in plaisysupdater. Either way, you have an incomplete downgrade and you have to make sure it's complete or fix it.

Did you ever get this fixed user? I'm having the same problem

so, I haven't changed anything with my cfw since it first dropped for the 3ds and all the guides said to do Menuhax+Rxtools. If I want to upgrade to a better cfw (and my SysNAND is 9.2.0-20U), I just need to do steps 4 and 5 of
and copy the luma/rei.dat files and the luma and 3ds folders like says
right?

if you don't want to set up a9lh you can just copy the files, if you follow part 4/5 you can set up a9lh and do away with emunand completely for a cfw sysnand.

also, how do I go about backing up save files from my emunand?

use JK's Save Manager to backup saves onto your SD card.

ok, thanks user.
One last question, is it possible to backup installed games from the emunand, and restore them once I finish setting up a9lh and Luma/Rei? I dont have the .cias for most of the games on my 3ds anymore, and it would be a pain to redownload them.

you'll be using the same nand if you transfer to a9lh, so everything should stay the same if you finish it.

So the stuff from the emunand carries over to the new sysnand?

yep, that's right.

I'm up to section IV of this guide, but when I do step 10, it always gives me that generic black-and-white "an error has occurred" screen. What do?

Are there any other ways to launch the Homebrew Launcher besides the browser that don't require buying things? Running 9.2 on an old NA 3DS

Oh and it fails specificially at the md5 check, and at a different cia every time (I think)

Actually it fails right after 0004013000002c02.cia, i think

Try re-downloading the 2.1 pack or get a mirror of it, it might be failing the checks.

nevermind, for some reason I didn't think of just redownloading the downgrade package, but that werked.

After you get in it once you can set up menuhax, but otherwise no, just keep trying browserhax or buy a cartridge.

USING NINJHAX ON 9.2.0 HOW DO I PLAY MHG THE GAME JUST CRASHES WHEN I START IT PLEASE LINK GUIDES OR TELL ME WHAT I SHOULD INSTALL I'M LOST

schandefreude

what cfw are you using to play it in emunand?

Pastacfw, I don't remember if I have an emunand partition and I don't know how to check

that's why you're having issues numnuts, get Luma3DS and update your emunand to 11.0.

How do I update my emunand?

Also I'm going to suppose I need to use the pink files from here? github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/wiki/Installation-and-Upgrade

you need both pink and green files. If you don't want to use the homebrew menu you can take the boot.3dsx out of the menuhax folder and it'll boot direct to luma instead of loading the homebrew launcher, but you can't use it anymore. To update your emunand, once you have luma3ds go to system settings > other options, and it's on the last page. Make sure your nands are unlinked first though or else you'll update both to 11.0.

Your emunand needs to be 10.3 or 10.6 and above for MH:G to work.

Same way you update sysnand, but for the love of god make sure you're actually in emunand before running system update because there's no way back if you update sysnand atm

how do I know if I'm in emunand? Is it clear when I have to update? How do I switch to it?

Is there a guide to unlink them? Am I forced to format everything that's on my 3DS to do so?

you have to do a tinyformat of your sysnand to unlink them. it won't affect your sd card at all and your emunand will be perfectly fine but your sysnand won't have anything. you can download it here: github.com/javimadgit/TinyFormat/releases

and you can follow the guide here: github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Get-Started part 3 to setup. if you want, you can do an all-sysnand cfw by following parts 4 and 5. You can tell you're in emunand with luma by checking the 'show current nand' option in the luma settings menu and then when you go into settings instead of "ver. X.X.X-X" you'll see "emu. X.X.X-X". You switch to emunand by using menuhax on boot and loading luma3ds.

If you go into settings, emuNAND should have a different version string than normal. If it is correct DO NOT EXIT THE SETTINGS MENU YOU WILL END UP IN SYSNAND. GO STRAIGHT TO THE UPDATING MENU.

O-okay. I feel like I'm going to fuck up something somehow but I'll give it a shot.

I'm going to suppose I have to launch tinyformat from the Homebrew menu?

Thanks anons.

yes, you're going to have to launch it from the homebrew menu, but since you're using pasta you're using signature patched sysnand (I believe), so you have to set up your emunand with part 3.

Pasta resets every time I restart so I don't think I'm using anything patched.

signature patches just means that you can install cias. you still have to load pasta every time you boot. If you haven't heard about setting up an emunand, you probably don't have one and if you format your sysnand now you'll lose everything. Follow part 3 here: github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-3-(RedNAND)

Sorry to bother, but I have a question.
I have a functional N3DS with A9LH on a 4 gb microSD. I have bought another card, but the guide states that the N3DS can't boot without the memory card.
What can I do? Can I copy the contents of the old memory to the new one, or do I have to stay with the small memory card?

since you have A9LH you can just copy all the files off the small SD card to the bigger one and it'll work fine.

Do I need to format the new one or anything special?

Only if it isn't FAT32.

Anybody get a monster hunter generations .cia yet? The one in the thread is just a demo, and shameless/freeshop/ciangel haven't updated their tickets yet.

3dsiso has had it up for 5 days now.
3dsiso.com/cia-downloads/275582-gdrive-mega-monster-hunter-generations-usa-eur-multi5-regionfree-ost.html

Is it safe to delete system titles, like face raiders or AR games?

Wasn't there one posted in the MonHun generals?

I wouldn't recommend it but you can try, just keep a backup. I just made a Garbage folder and put it at the last page of the homescreen.

Need advice.

I have two 3DSes. An 9.9 O3DS, and an 10.7 N3DSXL I had designated as my good goy and SmileBASIC machine but haven't used it in 4 months (I need to update SmileBASIC again).

Is there any N3DS games super worth playing but not worth supporting (shit translations etc) or should I be satisfied with hacking my O3DS?

N3ds gets snes vc injects, improved clock speed for all games, as well as the extra stuff for smash, xenoblade, mh4u, and majora's mask and the better 3d. The risk is about the same for both as long as you don't close your new 3dses lid when downgrading to 2.1 (and that's only if you choose to set up arm9loaderhax, which, if you can read a guide and not completely ignore steps I would recommend setting up).

11.0 downgrade???
gbatemp.net/threads/what-options-do-we-have-on-11-fw-w-o-hardmod.434512/#post-6531644
I have no idea if it works
You still need a hacked 3ds

I'm going through the guide for Lumia, and at the Rednand setup it's telling me to use Emunand9.

But when I select it it tells me everything on my SD card will be lost. What the fuck do I do? I don't want to lose all my shit

Before you do that, you're supposed to backup the contents of your SD card onto your PC, so that after the format you can just dump them right back in.

Oh right I'm retarded

Okay so I started Tinyformat, and now it's telling me to keep going, but my menu has nothing on it anymore.

The guide isn't telling me put all my files I backed up on the SD card, so I don't know what to do. Was this suppsoed to happen? How do I proceed?

Talking about this guide github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-3-(RedNAND) step 19

Okay well nevermind, I understand how it works.
Do I need to follow part 4 and 5 of the above mentioned guide too?

Monster Hunter is now booting

It worked eventually, thanks!

Also, I guess I'll go ahead and ask, I was doing this on an old 3DS as practice, and I'm thinking of doing it on a New as well now that I know I can do it just need to find a screwdriver, stupid back panel thing In the meantime though, if I play games on the CFW'd old 3DS, can I transfer the progress easily to a CFW'd New 3DS? Or should I just not play until I get the New setup?

I can't think why game save data should be any different between versions of the same game besides platform encryption (converting a PS3 Skyrim save to PC, for example) or the lack of DLC.

True, but I also don't know how this stores save data and how to transfer it, first time doing something like this.

Is it possible to system transfer my CFW'd 3ds onto a new one?

I'm going through the process for the third time now for my brother's n3DS and I'm at the part where I'm making the first backup of sysNAND. The thing is though, that the backup is always 1.82GB. It even says so in emuNAND that it's 'dumping sysNAND (1864MB) to file'. The 3DS is from a Monster Hunter Generations bundle so maybe something is different in this model. Anyone know what could be the problem? For reference, I'm using this guide: github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-2-(9.2.0-Downgrade).

JUST FUCK MY SHIT UP FAMALAMADINGDONG

I haven't kept up with 3ds stuff in months, so I have some possibly stupid questions. I'm a Gateway user from a while back. I'm running an old 3ds with 4.2.0-9U, with an emunand of GW3D 10.7.0-32U.

I'm completely out of the loop on custom firmwares, should I bother with CFW? Would it be a pain in the ass to set my games and save data back up? Is there any real benefit to switching? I only have 32gb and 16gb microsds, so would I be able to still use my gateway on a CFW?

Newfag here, what do i do when i'm on 10.7.0-32U? I've been looking it up but i can't find anything. I have the starter kit on my SD card but i'm unsure of what to do from there

I think you can open them, it will ask you to go to the eshop, answer no and then offers you to delete the icons.

Saves are device-specific so you can't transfer them without a system transfer, though I'm sure there's some wacky decryption thing you can do in decrypt9.

You can, it won't transfer your pirated stuff though and both systems have to be updated all the way to 11 to do it so you'll use end up with a dud 3ds.

If you're using Linux just check against the byte count, sometimes it can report different because it'll show true megabytes.

You can still downgrade with oot3d+powersaves, and on new3ds it looks like browserhax is about to come out.

Cfw can still make use of the emunand you already have, but you'll have to update your sysnand to 9.2. These days cfw can do about everything gateway can do better except for .3ds files and cheating. You can still use gateway if you want after you get to 9.2. If you choose to setup arm9loaderhax however, don't use gateways method. It has a 100% brick chance on n3ds because it doesnt flip flop the encryption for the 2.1 downgrade and it will permanently lock you to gateway cfw. If you use the cfw implementation, Gateway has offered an arm9loaderhax.bin file that can be used along with cfw.

You have to have a way to get into the homebrew launcher, such as oot3dhax. The most common move on 10.7 is to buy ocarina of time and a powersaves, which is total $40, however the new3ds seems to be getting compatibility with browserhax soon so it may be wise just to hold off for a few days.

That's spot pass, and it doesn't download them it gives you icons and asks you to download them. You can turn that off in system settings, go to Internet settings > spot pass and turn automatic software downloads off.

correction actually: saves aren't console specific. My bad. Use JK's Save Manager to dump your saves and you can move them.

correction: saves aren't console specific, my bad. You can send them to a different 3ds and import them with JK's or SaveDataFiler fine.

Is there anywhere I can find legit 3DS game files?
emuparadise doesn't have them, there is a 3DS rom website but I'm not sure how legitimate it is

3dsiso and 3dschaos are the current best sites to get 3ds roms - 3dsiso is worse than 3dschaos in terms of clutter but neither is fantastic. If you're just looking for .cia files use FreeShop and enctitlekey.bins, that's as legit as it comes because it downloads straight from nintendo's servers.

No money to get oot.
I'll just wait and let my 3ds rest until a new browserhacks comes out.

To be fair there's also freakyforms deluxe and smile basic, and neither of them need powersaves but I think freakyforms is getting way out of hand in terms of price. Iirc smile basic is only $10 or so but you can't use the eshop on 10.7 so it wouldn't really work I don't think.

Thanks!

I've checked the sysNAND sizes, even against my previous backups of my own 3ds, and they still don't match. Any other idea's about the cause of the discrepancy you can think of? Don't want to risk going further obviously.

If you've done any nand modifications then that could cause a difference in size. The byte count should match some on this page: github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/NAND-Size

I don't know what your mismatch means specifically though. I would pretty much say, just try and dump it again, if it's the same size as that then it's probably just your nand, and if that's the case you have other issues than the dumps.

I've followed that guide to the letter all the way to the last part of part 2. I used oot3dhax to get homebrew as its firmware was 10.7.0. After that I downgraded twice to 9.2.0 as it ended in an error the first time. I did the downgrade again to make sure it worked and it finishes immediately. No other changes were made.

so even if you right click your .bin and go to properties the exact no. of bytes doesn't match? If you've not made any modification like manually unblocking carts with TWL_FIRM or the AGB_FIRM patch that rxtools needed then I don't know what it could be.

Going to make another backup and check again but yeah, it doesn't match. It's a completely new 3ds and nothing has been done then what is in the guide up to that point. I've done this twice before but never ran into a problem like this.

all I can say is, if it works normally and you feel confident it's a full dump then go for it. You might want to take it to gbatemp if you're willing to filter out the retards to get a real answer.

I just did another backup and it's the same size again. Even if I continue I'm afraid it might interfere with the later steps so I'm asking in the 3dshacks IRC channel now to see if they have any idea's.

11.0 downgrade is now possible on a non-al9h 3ds, get fieldrunners while you have a chance

there are conflicting reports that it doesn't work if you got it with ciaangel or freeshop so you have to buy it, adding the game to the wish list might allow you to buy it if nintendo takes it down
you must have a AL9H 3DS to complete the process

you have to buy fieldrunners on the AL9H 3ds

I'm late on the train guys, mostly because I own many games I love, but this console is ending it's life cycle for me… unless I get free games that is.

So I wanted to ask you guys some questions cause the op is very confusing to me…

you keep all your save files and data. You have to have all your things on the internal SD card, obviously. You can do a transfer to a larger SD card but if you intend to do an emunand/sysnand setup it's better to do it ahead of time to save yourself the hassle later.

Already added to the next op, once this hits 15 I'll get it back together.

haha, look at this nerd

I like having a collection of things I like that I can stare at to feel better.a
Pic related.

I guess I'll understand better when I'll have time to sit down and read the op.
Thanks for the help.

no problem. Just read the guide linked in OP and you should have no problems, it's kept up-to-date, even if there's a few things on it I disagree with (the emergency files are fucking useless for 99% of usecases, just have nand dumps).

I'm also making a pack with step-by-step instructions, but that may take a little longer, hopefully before this thread expires.

how do beat browser nag on 10.3?

yls8.mtheall.com/3dsbrowserhax.php

Personal request: does anyone have a link to the pokemon red++ cia? I've seen it before so I know it exists but I can't find it and the 3dsiso search function is pure trash. Mostly interested if it's an inject on the red VC instead of a normal inject.

If I install CFW on one SD card, do I have to do the whole process again if I buy a new one?

no, you just have to make sure your emunand is on your new sd card if you're using one and then copy all your files. If you're using A9LH all you have to do is move the files.

I've downgraded to 9.2 and and attempting to reinstall menuhax through the browserhax, but it isn't loading the page like it previously did

go to 'initialize save data' in the browser setting at the bottom, and clear it, then try again.

Should I be able to access homebrew launcher at this point? I didn't open after the downgrade/

if you set up menuhax on the version before you downgraded then it won't work when you downgrade, you just have to get in through browserhax. It should still work with browserhax, but you have to reinstall menuhax. you might want to change your theme once or twice to clean up from the downgrade.

I've changed the theme several times and reinitialized the date and time, every time I go to the browserhax link (which worked a few minutes ago), I get a blank page with a symbol like this.

the browser exploits are different for different versions. That's sliderhax. zoom your 3ds in all the way and tap the very left or right edge of the slider.

Sweet, it works! This is some weird bullish.

Guys, I have a question. I'm using Cakes right now and basically I was told in order for me to update my EmuNANd to the current version and play MHG I have to convert to Arm9. I really don't want to do this but it seems I'll have to update anyway sooner or later, so please correct me if I'm wrong, but based on the steps outlined on this page github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki I should start on Part 3, is that correct?

Thanks

Downgrade to 2.10 succeeded, thanks for all help! Should I just use FBI to load .cias or is there a better option?

crossboarder fuck off

So the downgrade to 2.10 seemed to have worked in that it didn't brick the console, and displays it in the systems settings, but it won't load to the home menu if the SD card is in, which means I can't actually go forward with any of it. What do?

Apprently the way to get these things to work is to complain about them and then they magically fix themsleves.

You can insert the sd card while you're in the home menu. I had the same problem.

I remember reading at some point that the 3DS can only recognize SDHC and not SDXC cards, is that true? Also, what's the best way to transfer files between 3DS and PC without directly removing the card? I'm thinking about hacking my N3, but taking out the microSD everytime would be a huge pain.

IT IS A HUGE PAIN. so when you're taking out your card you better have a good reason. i ruined my card by constantly removing it on one of my downgrades back then. N3DS wifi transfer is slow as fuck

I corrupted my SD card and was forced to format it (FAT32) using the official SD formatter tool. After formatting I copy-pasted a backup that I had onto the SD card. It'll boot into homebrew loader through themehax and it has an emuNAND.bin file on it that's 976,896 KB, but Decrypt9 said that the SD card isn't formatted for EmuNAND when I tried to inject FBI into EmuNAND's Health and Safety. Do I need to go back to the Gateway homepage and re-format the SD that way?

EMUNAND9

A slightly different topic, but I am having a problem modding my Wii.

I used the Letterbomb exploit, installed the Homebrew Channel, got the d2x cIOS Installer, and did the procedure correctly.

Now I have added USB Loader GX and Nintendont, I put Animal Crossing Wii on the USB, along with Bionicle Heroes for the GC, Animal Crossing Wii in a folder named "wbfs" with the according file type, and Bionicle Heroes in a folder named "games" in the ISO format.

The problem is if I go into USB Loader GX, it just says "Failed to initialize the USB storage device" and doesn't do fuck-all while Nintendont just doesn't seem to recognise any files on the USB, though it can still boot games from the disk drive and play them fine.

I formatted the USB as FAT (On Linux, so it's FAT32), and it is on the outermost USB port on the console.

wat do?

What did you do to format it? I'd check whether the partition type is set correctly in fdisk, that actually bit me on my 3DS recently where I formatted my SD card, and while A9LH was able to use it the system menu wasn't.

Also this is on page 15 we need a new thread with new cute girls.

Exactly what I was worried about. There is a way to transfer over WiFi though?

Is it in the right slot? The one closest to the edge?

Yep, I even tested it on the other slot and it flat out didn't recognise it, only the 20 second prompt.

yes but its very very slow. prone to dc as well

Fucking hell, I guess I should hold off until I have a full list of games to install on it or something.

FBI isn't slow at all, nigga.

*FTP
my brain is stupid

I haven't tried it yet, I'm just going off of what the other user said. I still need to look into getting a screwdriver if I'm going to CFW the N3 anyway

just switch to luma, download the latest version, copy the folders and the .dat file over to your sd card.

I like having both FBI and DevMenu installed but for the most part you can just use FBI.

3ds can read any FAT32 SD Card. you can FTP with the new3ds but you'll only get about 2MB/s transfer.

Use emunand9, go to SD Format options, and do a format SD (Emunand default). Don't use gateway's tools.

I've not had any DC issues with FTP or the built in system file transfer.

new thread