I've been thinking about playing this

I've been thinking about playing this
is it good?
is the gameplay fun?

Other urls found in this thread:

nexusmods.com/dragonage/mods/354/?
igg-games.com/?s=Dragon Age
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Its OK. I personally don't appreciate the gameplay and I think most would agree. Story wise its pretty generic, but its really the last AAA RPG that offered you plenty of choice in both your character and class.

To me, I only like it so much because it was my first RPG after Mass Effect. However, I've played it too much and now each time I try to get into it, its a chore.

It is however an excellent game for shitting on elven scum.

last decent Bioware game, pirate it if you can.

The last good Bioware game.

a watered down rpg with the most derivative writing I've ever seen yet it still manages to beat out anything released in the past 6 years.

As other have said, it's the last "good" bioware game. The gameplay isn't much fun though.
Avoid the commoner dwarf story though, it's literally tumblr.

Yes

The gameplay and writing are bearable, the setting is generic garbage mash of ideas from better titles (but that's par for the course for a video game) and the artstyle is inoffensively bland and boring. I can't recommend the game at all, but it isn't absolutely horrible. If you have never played many video game RPGs, read any genre fiction and still like shitty anti-Aryan memes like elf hate, maybe you could give it a try.

It's pretty mediocre and a fairly watered down CRPG

The only reason it gets praised is because it was released in a CRPG drought
Go get Icewind Dale, Temple of Elemental Evil, and so on for far better games

I think it was also one of the last AAA/AA RPGs that didn't have a voiced protagonist. I think New Vegas was the last.

I liked it, best of the trilogy.
I'm changing my mind about inquisition too. They put singleplayer changes in the dlcs that makes enemies more interesting, with abilities and on. The gameplay is more enjoyable and "realistic", and actually challenging at times. Still DA:O is the more fun to play, every enemy has a good set of skills, you had traps and TACTICS. It's a shame they removed tactics.
Sage for my unpopular opinion.

elf hate was spawned because they went from being idealized white people to faggot treehuggers with tattoos ala Warcraft.

Making elves into annoying tree hippies is the work of the yid, in order to glorify the hook nosed stunted greedy Jew stand-ins that are dwarves and promote inherently PC "muh humanity".

The last mainstream RPG where shit makes sense. You can't go into dreams without being a mage, you can't marry a human king if you aren't a human noble. Now you'd just be allowed to do whatever.
The gameplay is alright, nothing special. Certain mage classes are overpowered to no end.
The story is generic, but has a certain charm to it. Companions are alright.
Many would recommend you to get the skip fade/deep roads mod but fuck that noise. The areas are very interesting the first time, it's just that later they might become a chore.
The game has some alright mods. Ser Gilmore adds one voiced companion that isn't too bad, spices things up a bit.
Dark Times Act one is the biggest mod for it but it's not exactly well done. Adds some companions, the story is lame. Check it out if you want to.

To be honest, I love the game and beaten it multiple times as different races and classes. The Awakening DLC is also pretty good.
Do not touch the sequels, they are complete garbage.

I enjoyed it. You're probably better off with the older CRPGs, but if you're going to play it anyways at some point, you might as well do it now.

Fuck that Tumblr bullshit.

Mate they added a "teleport behind you" button to rogue
The game really wants to drop it all and be a mindless action game but something is holding it behind.

Commoner Dwarf was actually good if you actually played like an ass-hole, and told that faggot Alistair to shut the fuck up (Alistair ruined my game experience).

Elves were more tumblr af than Dwarfs.

100% total agreement on all points, good man.

I went through DA:O 6 times (PC version, for what it matters) and it's a terrific game. Playing on the hardest level with an Arcane Warrior (You have to unlock the class through a quest first) was legitimately the most fun I ever had in an RPG. I highly suggest making that a second trip.

It's a shame that the sequel was a copy-paste action RPG with enemy spawn points and linear progression, because had they stuck with the gameplay formula presented in DA:O, BioWare could have stayed relevant and not have to rely on pandering to faggots and casuals to make dough.

If you've played every other infinity engine style CRPG aside from Pillars and want more then I'd recommend it. You'll definitely want the mod that balances all the abilities though otherwise you'll become hilariously overpowered even on nightmare and the game will be a cakewalk. Even with the mod, make a note to ban yourself from using arcane warrior under any circumstances.

The game is decent. Has some ups and downs, but overall I found the first playthrough to be enjoyable, even with the bad overarching plot.

Gameplay is meh. You'll quickly find the super overpowered combos and unless you have the self-control of a saint, you'll be compelled to spam those overpowered combos and abilities and breeze through the game. However, there's a mod that fixes all this bullshit and makes the combat far more enjoyable as a result: nexusmods.com/dragonage/mods/354/?

and this is the mod I was talking about by the way

Does anyone have a download for this? All the torrents are dead

GOD DAMN I JUST FUCKING LOVE THE AUTO-ATTACK FUNCTION IT'S FUCKING WONDERFUL

Arcane Warrior is pretty cool nevertheless.

Try the share thread.

I can't understand how people can play this turd. I tried, three times, and I just gave up because it is so fucking boring.

There is nothing interesting about the story, the fantasy world is as generic as it gets, with blood splatters and sex thrown on top so the 14 year old target audience can pat each on other on the back at what a mature game for mature audiences they are playing, the combat is just shit.

It's a cheap Baldur's Gate rehash, without anything that made the BG games actually fun to play.

Thanks for the answers. I'll pirate it and see if I like it.
Just one question, does it have good two handed weapons?

Ya there's good weapons and armor for every specialization.

Also, the expansion is pure dogshit, the whole quality of it is far below the vanilla content. I think DA2 is better than the DA:O expansion. By far.

It's one of my favorites. My friend described it perfectly. It's a lot like chess. Where you position your party matters. Tactics are the key. So many different classes and specializations. Your guaranteed multiple playthroughs. There is different bosses depending on your choices. It's great game. Also the mods are shitty either. Download them if you want better gameplay, graphics, and armor.

igg-games.com/?s=Dragon Age

You're welcome, user.

It was good at the time of it's release, it came out after a bit of a dryspell in western rpg's, the witcher had come out 2 years before and compared to some of the jrpg's that were out at the time (if I remember correctly, it's been 7 years) it came out swinging. It's main competition at the time was Witcher which Origins' emphasis on characters having their own unique origin stories, frankly speaking, shit on (and in my opinion continues to still shit on) Witcher's set protagonist and put it more squarely in line with the classic western rpg D&D tradition.

I don't know how well it holds up today though, it certainly isn't bad but you can clearly see the SJW sneaking it's way in now that we've trained ourselves to be sensitive to that kind of thing, so if that's something that will bother you I'd avoid it. If you've got 40 hours to kill, there are worse games to play.

Good rpg as far as lotr clones go. But I wouldn't play it twice.

It's pretty alright. One of the last RPGs to actually have multiple choices with their own consequences and limitations. The origins may only seem like they affect the prologue but they actually have an effect later on. You can become ruler of Ferelden for example but you have to be a human noble and marry either Alistar or Anora depending on your gender. I was playing not long ago and it feels like a game that has had soul and effort put into it with multiple ways to resolve quests and lots of little things that add up to feel like a game the developers enjoyed making.

It probably won't compare to a lot of older CRPGs but if you haven't played them, or if you have and want more, then it can be pretty enjoyable.

It's a D&D clone, not LotR. They literally made it because they didn't want to licence the forgotten realms stuff again.