Okay Holla Forums I'm going on holidays and I want to play my PSP while traveling...

Okay Holla Forums I'm going on holidays and I want to play my PSP while traveling. Would you kindly recommend me some games please?

Other urls found in this thread:

gamefaqs.com/boards/931635-killzone-liberation/62450152
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Is the PSP running CFW?

ZHP
ClaDun X2
Wagic

You can also load up NES/Genesis/GB/A emulators and they run pretty good. SNES has some issues but it's alright.

I'd suggest Umihara Kawase Portable. It's a very challenging platformer and you'll likely be challenged at first, but I think it'll immediately click as a brilliant platformer.
Give Gurumin a try too! It's a great falcom 3d action game, you explore dungeons as Parin, a cute redhead armed with a drill, the combat's very good in it.
Also, look into some of the PS1 to PSP ports, parappa the rapper is a classic, also try gitarooman. I don't think you can go wrong with rhythm games.

Of course, many PS1 games are available too, and you can't go wrong with classics like Oddworld, Crash Bandicoot 2 and 3, and my personal favorite PS1 game of all time, threads of fate.

Also is Killzone Liberation any good? The original series look like your generic modern shooter fare, but the isometric perspective might make things more interesting. Do you think I should get it?

Fate/Extra CCC

I don't think that one is a shooter, and I remember hearing pretty good things about it. Sorry, the only Killzone game I've enjoyed was Mercenary on the Vita, which is a surprisingly good shooter.

I am privy to your schemes, Fontaine

DO NOT GET THE PSP PORT OF UMIHARA KAWASE AT ANY COST

either load up psx converted game or play it on pc

Castlevania Dracula X Chronicles
also contains the original Rondo of Blood and Symphony of the Night as unlockables

what is wrong with it?

seconding this.
Which doesn't mean that you have to play only rondo. play the new version too that while being ugly has a super satisfying real final boss instead of the piss easy original dracula fight

Also
Carnage heart: exa. chance are it will be too hard for you to even get pass the hand-holding tutorial

MHFU
MHP3rd
That disgaea platformer if you're into platfromers
Persona 3P if you're casul, the older ones if you're into first-person rpg
bonus: half minute hero

I already have Dracula X Chronicles on my PSP it's pretty gud.

Mainline Killzone is crap. While Killzone Liberation is by no means a perfect game (especially with its online mode shut down), it is still much better than the rest of the series.

Make sure you download the free chapter 5 dlc for the game. Here's a guide for how to do it (doesn't work on the vita).
gamefaqs.com/boards/931635-killzone-liberation/62450152

Here you go, OP.

Isn't it odd that the best games i the series were handheld spinoffs?

Thanks guys, I have one more question though. Is Ace Combat X a good entrance into the series? Or should I wait until I get PS2 and play it by release date?

Is syphon filter Logan any good compared to Dark Mirror?

Pick Patapon and Patapon 2 if you like rhythm, they occupy little space and are very addictive

Yes, in logan's shadow there's more variety compared to dark mirror, it looks better also.

Gurumin
Brandish
Ys Seven

Persona is all you'll ever need. (Though Persona 2 is good too.)

Ys 7

Anyhow, been slowly working at trying to update the old image, since various worthwhile games had been missing from it for a while, along with recently translated games, both official releases and fan translations (which I don't think the PSP had seen much effort for when that old one was being worked on).

Been able to get anons to provide input on the following so far, and have thus been able to create tabs for them:
Still a number of games to potentially be added, but I need anons to provide descriptions of them and what makes them worthwhile (and in the case of some existing ones, descriptions could stand to be lengthened; a fair amount of this is pulled from the existing descriptions, and switching to a standardized font size makes some really seem short).

the rope physics are screwed up

So i just got a new 3000 and i was thinking about installing dave's Infinity perma 6.61 CFW, is it worth it or should i stick to regular 6.60?

Sure, we can give you recommendations but it would be better if you could tell us what kind of games you prefer.

In any case have some general recommendations Tactics Ogre, Final Fantasy Tactics, Y's 7, Lumines, Jeanne D'arc, Kingdom Hearts:Birth by Sleep, Patapon, Pursuit Force, Star Ocean, Persona, Street Fighter Alpha Max 3, The Warriors, The 3rd Birthday, Gurumin, MGS Peace Walker, Grand Theft Auto, Ghost in the Shell, Gitaroo Man Lives!, God Eater Burst, Class of Heroes 2, Nayuta no Kiseki, WipeOut, Daxter, Lunar, Ridge Racer and Monster Hunter Unite.

I got you fam