Alpha Centauri > Civilization 2 > Civilization > Civilization 4 > Civilization 3 > Civilization 5 > Civilization 6

Alpha Centauri > Civilization 2 > Civilization > Civilization 4 > Civilization 3 > Civilization 5 > Civilization 6.

I just want to say that Civ 3 is better than 4 and if you disagree then you are an autist that cries about "muh dated gui and graphics abloo bloo".

Sell me on 3 compared to 4 because I don't wanna go through the trouble of my OCD telling me to get a physical and have the shit not work.

Come on OP, what the fuck man?

Nah Civ 2 is stil lthe fucking best just for the fantasy and Sci-Fi campagins

Masters of Orion 2 > all that shit

5 is better than 4 because of hex tiles. Their decision to keep squares in 4 meant they had to keep the weird movement/engagement rules.

I perosonally prefer the square tiles becuase they fucked up the potential of hexagons

Civ sucks. Whens new Alpha Centauri

Already

Squares are good in small-scale tactical games, because it's easier to make indoor maps that way (most buildings are rectangular). For large scale battles, hexes are better.

and like I said they fucked up the potential of the hexagons

How so?

i'd put civ 5 above civ 4, with the expansions.
hex tiles are just a common sense design decision that vastly improves the game. also, stacking units was retarded.

Be serious, user.

And then there's this guy.
Have you tried playing Civ's 4 lately, user? The doomstack had play and counter play all the way up to muskets, and if you kept all your units in one big stack while your opponent ran four guys around the side, you lost cities. Keep in mind, the game didn't have global happiness, so they could just keep hitting your cities, burning them down or leaving them with no defenses.

What does hexes bring to the table to justify removal of 2 whole directions to move in?

If anything hexes limit movement options, such as diagonal movement, able to construct straight front lines without having to zig-zag units.

CIV have always been squares, why change what works for something that removes tactical options?

Equal distance traveled per from the original tile. Diagonal movement gives 1.41 times more distance per movement point than 'regular' up/down/right/left movement.
That is the only significant reason I can come up with. It also makes the maps look more natural, but that isn't that important.

The movement rules in Civ before 5 allowed diagonal movement, so a unit could travel further than normal if the player moved it diagonally. Movement speed wasn't penalized to accommodate it. Hexes are a more "natural" quantization of an area for gameplay purposes because each space does not share any corners with any other space, so units can only move across sides.

2 was pretty fucking good, aside from some balance issues.

The why the fuck don't we use octagons, they'd fit right?

nope

Civ 5 is what happens when you try to center an empire building game around micromanaging tactics.

just fucking use triangles

After a certain point I stop building workers because it takes too much effort each turn to direct everyone.

Well you have to micromanage your workers. If you automate them they just build villages and farms everywhere.

What if you divide corners into two triangles?

The original Civ is the "worse" (i.e, less good) of the franchise by now and nobody should play it.
All other civs (including Civ Lite, aka Revolution) have a different audience and are still being played.
Thanks for adding Civ 6 but not including Alpha Centauri 2, btw.
inb4 "lol he wrote btw, that means he's from reddit, lmao ffs mf ;-DDDDD"
My choice (and this is including all Expansion Packs and/or DLC where it applies):
Civ 4 > Civ 6 > Civ 3 > Civ 5 > Alpha Centauri > Civ Revolution > Civ 2 > Civilization

Out of my way plebs

shit list fam

You are the second most insecure shitposter I have ever seen.

There have been at least two attempts that I know of but I doubt we will ever see a real sequel. Might be just as well since even the expansion was sort of dumb.

I liked all the scenarios but that didn't make it a better game than SMAC.

Is the first that faggot who was a healslut and he claimed that he was a man.

No.

I thought it was the user who sperged out in the Phil Fish thread

Stop being a memer. We won't know until it comes out. But looking at the current trend of Civ games, chances are it will take a few expos before it is good

How's the cuck shed treating you?

How's the fact that you're part of the problem that is the video game industry treating you?

Dark souls > shadow of the colossus > wind waker > Witcher 3 > Dark souls 3 > shit > ocarina of time

I'm also right.

fam if you don't like vydia you can go to another board

I only pay for shit tried and tested, user.

i heard on kotaku that its better than civ 5 with the brave new world expansion pack.

heres the webm faggot.

out in the Phil Fish thread

that was great hope someone makes a webm.

Fall From Heaven 2 > Civ 4 BTS > Civ 4

Wait so you download the entire game, play it, and then delete it so you can buy it?

Jesus Christ user, where do you even find the time to play vydia with all of the bull preping you do?

Easy, I don't play shit games so I don't have a giant backlog.

But how would you know they're shit, unless you play them. By downloading them, then you turn around and buy the collectors edition.

So you're a cuck and a good goy? it just gets better

Well I know what's covering your lips.

kekold

Maybe I just wait for the game to be out for a while and do some basic research on whether or not its good and use some common sense before stuffing my face into it. And jesus christ, you format your text like an autist.

kek

But didnt you say that you only buy "tried and tested games," but now you realize how stupid it is to download a game, delete it, and then buy it. so youre changing your story now?

Dont you have some preorders to pick up from Gamestop?

Why is this so hard for you to understand? Were you dropped on your head recently? I mean like, at birth.

So youre a cuck and proud of it?
Are you one of those alpha cucks I keep hearing about?

You tell me user, you're clearly the alphacuck here

No words user. Bullying retards isnt fun for me.

Oh but its lots of fun for me. That's why we're still talking you incompetent faggot.