Is all DLC bad, user?

Is all DLC bad, user?

BAD DLC
Civ 5

OKAY DLC
MGS5 Phantom Pain

GOD TIER DLC
Monster Hunter 4

Good DLCs are rich and well-designed, like FoNV's "Old World Blues".

Also, free upgrades are always welcome, as long as they don't fuck up the base game.

Good DLC is anything that would previously have been called an "expansion" or "level pack" and that actually had some effort put into it.

I don't mind useless cosmetics DLC, they don't hurt the gameplay or the game's balance, are usually horribly overpriced though.

MH4U has the best damned DLC system ever.

Stuff like the New Vegas expansions are pretty nice, especially Old World Blues and Honest Hearts. I fucking hated Dead Money though Lonesome Road was okay

Only good dlc are free dlc that are only cosmetic or dlc that is essentally an expansion pack.

Fuck off to Pol, anti-Semite.

Yes.
Don't let modern vidya trick you, DLC and expansion packs are different things.

I remember when DLC used to be called "bonus Patch content" and it was free.

casual detected

Good DLC

Bad DLC

fuck off to reddit faggot

Oy vey, it's like I'm actually on Holla Forums
I thought memes were memes despite being political

Useless cosmetics isn't okay DLC user. That'd fall under bad DLC.

Now okay DLCs would fall under something like Sleeping Dogs or Evil Within DLC

Fuck off already stormniggers.

top fucking kek

wither 3: good tier DLC

and expansion packs

Fuck off kike

Also

Faggot.

As long as the content is around the size of an old timey expansion back and wasn't cut out only to be resold I don't have a problem with DLC.

This

Of course, the grabblers don't like putting actual effort into additional content, because actual effort costs money. Why bother when you can just shit something out and have the dependable goys gobble up the half-assed gruel?

Aren't the Dank Memes games notorious for having amazing DLC? I loved The Old Hunters.

It checks out.

DLC, by definition, is only a delivery system. However, that's not how it's treated. If DLC was just a different way to buy expansion packs, it'd be fine, but it's not. Not having physical copies is hella gay, anyway.

the best example of god-tier dlc is Terraria. prove me wrong faggots

Anything that is free.

Or

Anything that is stand alone, is appropriately priced (If it's half the price of the game I expect half the original game's content at the same or better levels of quality.)

Pointless DLC should be free, since it's so miniscule, why put a shitty price tag on it?

Etrian Odyssey Untold 2

If the game wasn't so well designed, including the extra content, I'd be a bit peeved at the high cost for some extra bosses, but generally the DLC is fair. I hope they continue to release it.

Though on the 3DS, it is difficult to beat Monster Hunter in that regard.

GAMES THAT DID ADD-ON CONTENT RIGHT

Pic related

Someone please explain why Holla Forums gets so butthurt over this. Is it because Stormfront is a joke?

I just didn't care for the story of it. I didn't find it any harder or easier than the rest of New Vegas or it's other expansions. I actually had a harder time in a few points of Lonesome Road than I ever did with Dead Money.

It's sad the publisher Microsoft are dicks about re-releasing their older games. Games like Zoo Tycoon, Age of Empires 1, Crimson Skies etc will never be re-released.

At least Zoo Tycoon is not only easy to pirate but also runs great on modern systems

You can even force it to run in widescreen

DLC was usually the best part of their respective games.

*weenie is originally from some shithole forum where *fag was banned. It's triggering for the same reason that someone acting like a Redditor is triggering.

I don't mind being called a stormfag, but it is funny because Stormfront is like the OG white nationalist forum and no one around these parts probably even lurks it. If you called a Holla Forumsack a TRSwaggot or something, that would probably be more accurate.

No-one actually takes offense to Storm*. The reason people jump on those who post it is that it's a surefire sign that whoever said it is a thin-skinned salt mine, hence the immediate responses. It's the Holla Forums equivalent of someone saying they hate anime and then all the autists come out and spam smug reaction pictures.

I know this post is bait but I just want to say that there are people who actually believe this.

There's also this.

Rivals of Aether has decent DLC so far.
I just hope any extra characters that get made are free, rather than paid DLC.

M&B: Warband straddles within God Tier and Bad tier

A multiplayer only DLC, but pretty much rebuilt the game from scratch into a Napoleonic wars FPS. Has a ton of content and very much fun if you manage to find a populated server
Loaded with bugs and generally unfinished when it's first released, it finally manage to fix itself after the February update (reforge edition), however the damage have already been done

MGSV breakdown is incomplete. You forgot Motherbase Coins

Most Bethesda DLC's are pretty good, since they add a lot of content and are reasonably priced.

This sort of thing is okay as long as it meets two additional criteria.

First, it must have a price:content ratio on par with the base game. As opposed to typical DLC, which costs about five times what the base game stuff cost if you do even the simplest estimates.

Second, it must have been made because the game was very well received and had more demand than anticipated for more content. It could not have been planned from the beginning or cut from the base game.

Other than that, free DLC of any sort is always fine.

All DLC is shit, expansion packs are good. Because of marketers even expansion packs are called "DLC" most of the time.

mario kart 8 seems like it did dlc alright
id say the frostling expansion for age of wonders 3 as well, the halfling one was okay but didnt feel as much like an expansion

DLC can be okay as long as it's not used as an excuse to not finish the game.

I just hope they don't paygate content that's already in the game in EOV.

If Atlus become legit kikes I might quit videogames.

Small shit you have to pay for like maps, skins (remember when you unlocked those), etc..
Expansion packs.

A lot of Jap games get free DLC. Granted it is mostly cosmetic shit.
In fact I think they use free DLC as an incentive to buy games early a lot of the time. Didn't bamco do it with the Tales game on PS4?

TBH all good DLC that adds something substantial and required actual work to make should have a price tag. Everything else should be free.

Standalone games don't count.

Speaking of kikes you just reminded me , I'm sure I noticed that rockstar have lowered the amount of cash you get for doing races and deathmatches in GTA online.

Give me a list of good examples of DLC.

are retarded?

fuck i meant
WAS THAT POSTER A RETARD????
find out next in Who's the Faggot right after this announcements!

Thanks for bumping this shit thread just to fail at calling an user retarded and then double post.

Go back and play it again, without a community patch mod or whatever.

Well i'm sorry user

I forgive you.

At least with the 3DS Atlus games you can pirate the DLC easily, pic related.

DLC is okay if it adds significant content to the game for the price it's asking for. Mario Kart 8's DLC, for example, was appropriately priced and added a whole half to the game. Smash's DLC however is terrible, where one character can be 5 dollars leading you to spend $30/$40 for everything, that's not even close to 1/4 of the base content given. God tier DLC is old school explansion-pack tier additions.

The post above me is lying.

Of course not, go- boys. Don't be silly.

People are saying that as long as it's free it's fine. They're missing one point. Servers shut down and DLC disappears forever. The GS Ball in Pokemon Crystal was DLC. Even ignoring the fact that we never got the DLC outside of Japan, the system that let you download it has been shut down for like 15 years, so there is no way to get it at all.

Personally, I just avoid games that have DLC, because I'm sick of devs trying to jew me. I'm sure there are many more examples of what I've said. I'm sure others here miss some DLC that they can't get anymore.

GOOD DLC

nothing

BAD DLC

all of it

check em

Fuck off gook.

Good DLC
Bad Company 2: Vietnam

DLC is downloadable content. It can be free. So that's a useless term.

I prefer calling them expansion packs. Once you start using that term you'll understand what's bad and what isn't.

Good examples of semi-modern expansion packs are Shivering Isles for TES:IV, which outdid the original game in many ways, Old World Blues for New Vegas, which actually EXPANDED the game and it's lore.

Language changes a lot. Change the language and you can easily change the way people think.

Too late, you might as well quit now.

This is where it began and the worst part is that they attached extra demons towards it. Though they were just shitty recolors.