Are there any good voxel games out there?

are there any good voxel games out there?
and i mean actual voxels, not minecraft cubes

Other urls found in this thread:

old-games.ru/catalog/?sort=name&properties[]=voxels
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Outcast

old-games.ru/catalog/?sort=name&properties[]=voxels

Build and shoot is neat but it has the whole minecrafty building mechanics

I mean voxel games as in, the option to build/terraform with the voxels, not just voxel graphics

that's exactly the kind of voxels i don't want

Is there a difference?

volumetric pixels aren't the same as a bunch of cubes

voxeltron is ok last time i checked

Landmark is a good building game if you are into that. Not that good at anything else.
Worms 4 mayhem wasn't that bad either. Although many people dislike it due to being 3D and not original worms style 2D.

There isn't much difference. You may argue voxels can't have textures on them, or can only be literal cubes, but that's it.
Voxlap is a voxel engine made by Ken Silverman and it was used in Ace of Spades. When you play the game the voxels are so big they look like cubes, but they are actual voxels. Scale doesn't matter.
Look for Voxlap games, like Voxelstein 3D or AoS. You may also want to try Cube World.

i just wanted more detail, not being limited to cubes
if voxel quest was out, that would be my ideal

actually just tried that out, definitely something i'm looking for
fun

Build engine game use voxels

voxel quest looked cool but 1 it's not much of a game right now, and 2 the dev pretty much gave up

Voxels can have textures. Minecraft isn't voxels simply because voxels are supposed to be the smallest 3D art unit yet Minecraft can't decide if it wants to be fully block-based or also have more detailed models such as the Ender Dragon, which aren't built with voxels.

It would be more or less like having sub-pixel vector graphics on top of a sprite. They don't even use the same technology, and you can't really call the pixel the "smallest unit of 2D information" if there is something even smaller in the image.

7 Days to Die has a pretty neat Voxel system going on. Looks pretty good.

Games still in early access though.

subnautica has voxel-based terraforming and you get to do other stuff too

They are removing that, as it only causes frame drops and doesn't really do anything.

last update was in february, i think there's still hope
i did comment on one of his videos about an open beta and he replied, so i don't think it's dead yet

I hate the faggots who say this. look how much work this guy did and he failed miserably.

he's going to make it open source. still looks dead in the water though.

Amok for the Saturn. I really liked it back in the day. Hard as nails, interesting visuals, cool Jesper Kyd soundtrack. The Iso Zone has the DOS version, but I've never tried it.