Other urls found in this thread:

perfectly-nintendo.com/splatoon-news-june-30/
strawpoll.me/10629430/r
youtube.com/watch?v=_zxlhlsS28U
twitch.tv/radiolen
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Did someone say Civil War?

DO IT FOR HER

When does this last splatfest start and does Nintendo have plans to replace it with anything?

Aren't the amiibos coming out soon? It's weird to end support of a game when they are still releasing content for it.

July 22nd. We don't know if anything will replace Splatfest but presumably they'll add some other way to get super snails.

Jesus Christ, it's finally happened. There will be blood on every corner of Inkopolis, mark my fucking words.

So where were you when it was time to fight for best squid idol?

Run those Inkees out of town. Keep up the fight for good ol' Marieland.

hiding
im not sure my heart can take this
i dont want to choose, i dont want to fight against the other.

It's a shame that it's finally come so soon, but after the very first splatfest I knew that it could only end this way.
Everything else was just a warmup. The true splatfest could be one thing and one thing only. It could only be the entire world uniting in the name of Marie to crush the Callie scum.

I'm just relieved that Nintendo knew what needed to be done.

Well Squiddos?
Walleye Warehouse master race

Hope you like Blackbelly and properly done spoilers, Squiddo

are you bullying yourself?

Sometimes the lesson that you won't soon forget is the one you give yourself

I never got an email from Nintendo about this. Any links?

I just got the email holy shit.

I now have a reason to turn on my wii-u again unless #FE is secretly good.

Emails went out to the emails tied to Nintendo Network accounts.

Dafug? Wasn't this just speculation last thread? The next Splatoon doesn't come out for a while yet…

Maybe the next Splatoon will be on release of the NX?

Why do retards keep parroting this shit?

Now of course that doesn't mean flat out it'll get a sequel, but you don't exactly let a new potential franchise go to waste with this kind of success go quietly into the night. It's wishful thinking mostly, sure, but again, if Nintendo has any business sense it'd be a good idea to get a next title going, especially with Octolings as the next potential step as a playable character/continuing adversary

Splatfests ending doesn't mean Splatoon is immediately getting a sequel. I'm pretty sure Smash 4 ended their weekly competitions or whatever and that's not getting a sequel anytime soon.

would people bother to get up in the morning if they thought tomorrow would never come?

Yeah, how else would I jerk off?

(checked)
You and your numbers bring up a valid point. It is true that video games aren't like anime where stupidly wild success doesn't mean the grand finale will also end with a "see you next season!", but I think that Splatoon will see a sequel a lot sooner than we think, (Definitely within the Nx's lifespan, if its a home console, since I still don't think they have said a word yet) it probably won't be as soon as the console drops.

with your halo in the afterlife

There's no way this won't end in bloodshed

Well there is some credence to the idea that Splat2n could happen within the next 2 years: Nintendo EAD Group #2 (the group that did Splatoon) hasn't done anything since Splatoon and Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer. Tsubasa Sakaguchi and Yusuke Amano haven't seemed to have done anything since Splatoon's release either, so there is a chance they're working on something for the NX. The chance for it to be Splatoon related is probably high, but the chance for it to be released at launch is probably pretty low, though if Nintendo made good decisions regarding console launches and game libraries at launch (hahahahahahahah) they'd at least try to get a Splatoon related title on the NX at launch to push sales.

Marie > Callie

I wonder how their amiibos will work?

Be safe, Nips and don't let the allure of cute squids force you guys into a bloody empire as nice as it would be to get Arisaka ammo cheaper than 45 for 20 rounds

My money would definitely be within a year, but I think launch definitely be out of the question, unless they were slaving away on it without rest, but that would risk alienation of fans for bringing it out so soon, if the March (?) time frame is still a thing

Yeah who knows, really. I'm just waiting for TGS because if anywhere that's where they'll formally announce what the NX is in the first place.

They must have spent at least some of that time on the extra maps and updates for regular Splatoon. Hopefully we'll get a Direct that'll tell us more about what'll happen to Splatoon (and announce Saltspray Rig and Inklings for Mario Kart).

Forwhatpurpose

I'm not too much of a hardware guy but as long as I get fun games and not another handheld (3DS is probably going to dominate handhelds for a generation or two longer) I should be set. Still, even though I'm not hardware savvy it should still be a good time. Did infinite stream it last year?

I would never forgive myself if I betrayed her love for an empty victory.

I'll fight for Callie till the last splat.

how many splatfests have you betrayed your heart for a few snails?

If I give it my all for my lady, will she finally acknowledge her knight's loyalty to her?

She always acknowledged your loyalty, even if it wasn't out in the open

and now I feel like shit thinking about it

perfectly-nintendo.com/splatoon-news-june-30/

Not a single one. Which is why my equipment sucks.

Going to miss you guys… ;_;

the servers aren't crashing or anything

yes indeed, the daily dose sisters

I still haven't gotten my email ;_;

Make your choice.
strawpoll.me/10629430/r

I will be with you to the end, callie bro

I still can't wrap my head around this decision, presumably they want to cut costs on all those artwork, design, postings and whatever that has to do with every splatfest and want to just let splatoon float without dumping anymore money into it.

But this just means their sales are going to start tanking very soon as people who are new to this game will feel very left out.

Also what is up with this splatfest? I thought Nintendo would know better as to not incite waifu wars because unless this whole splatfest is a hoax, whichever squid sister wins it will surely become canon and dampen the losing squid sister's popularity forever.

All according to plan

Has anyone tried ordering stuff from that site?

Its a shame nintendo will never do that

also
BEHEAD THOSE WHO INSULT MARIE

It would actually be a good way to introduce some DLC, but I figure it would be a solid way to introduce Octolings as playable characters with their own set of in the next game

I really hope I am wrong, Nintendo can't let this lightning in a bottle die down just like that.

I wouldn't doubt the possibility of Nintendo not knowing how to properly handle an online game.

My only wish is for someone to make an open-source clone of Splatoon for PC, or at least network/server spoofing for CEMU, so we can still play without forking over money for a possibly inferior sequel (not to mention that Nintendo of America is a shit-tier publisher and doesn't deserve the money even if a hypothetical Splat2n is good).

the servers aren't going down tho..

This man terrifies me and gives me hope at the same time
Only the future will tell what his heart holds

I find it funny how he is comparing it to super mario bros considering Splatoon only has 1 game out and is in need of a core update or a sequel badly to keep the fires going but at least he does show interest in keeping it going in some way, it's better than nothing.

Just go the legend of Zelda route :two game release:

Spla2n: Oracle of Squids and Oracle of Kids

the future never tells me anything other than to go fuck myself with a rake. my heart has stopped beating today

whoa hold the fucking phone there.
I was out of the loop for a solid two weeks or so.
How long did we know that this is, in fact, the last splatfest?
Do we know WHY this is the last splatfest?
Are they seriously going to just not-do splatfests anymore? why not? does it really take that much effort?
Is Splatoon dying?

Shit…and i haven't played the game for over a year.

Better force myself to play it since Nintendo is gonna kill this game soon.

Today
No
Yes
I dunno
I dunno
No

He's not comparing it to Super Mario Bros. he's saying the IP has potential to be extended into a franchise much like Mario Bros and other IP's have.

The fact that Nintendo has put so much into Splatoon merchandising is also good sign that Splatoon, it's characters, it's lore, etc. has potential as a brand in its own right.

He isn't comparing it, he's saying it has a unique brand identity and he wants to capitalize on it with games, merch, etc.

I'm on Team Callie!

Thank god. There was always the fear that it would go the way of Chibi-Robo.

FUCK YOU OWLS
YOU NEVER GET TO SEE THE SUN RISE
REEEEEEEEEEE

im okay with this
vampires arent real anyways

its amazing to me to think there are people who thought this wouldnt be huge. considering all the memes it spawned.
not to mention the great and unique gameplay and aesthetics. monster girls and lolis are all the rage these days.
it just hit everything it aimed for.

B-but what are we going to do about snails?!

>tfw maxed out money counter and own all of the items

Maybe they'll end up tracking rankings every week and give snails based on that.

It was just more Nintendoom faggotry

Rate my squid

groious nippon inkbrush, forded over 1000 times/10

arr sqrids rook same

You’re a squidiot if you think it’s going to be anything other than this.

Callie's got this one.

Same here. I swore I'd get back into it one day (and begin again properly with motion controls this time), but now I feel like a void has been created. Just knowing it doesn't keep going forever.

I could've spent more time here. I missed out. Oh well.

Farmers shouldn't try to be samurai. You bring shame upon your family, upstart.

ITS OKAY WHEN NINTENDO DOES IT

I cannot live without Kraken.
This is my only shame.

Why do people keep parroting this? Is Holla Forums full of retards?

Oh, so you're "ranking up" against 5 bots every game?

By hacking :^)

Holla Forums is full of secondaries who talk about games they do not play
It is a shameful display.
For good threads we can only hope and pray.

Nice meme game you got there.

WHY IS NO ONE DUMPING SQUID LEWDS?!

Hi

EVERY TIME

Who agrees with this statement:

CALLIE >>> MARIE

I do

I want to eat them both out

Me

This is the last time we can waifu post, its gonna be all over soon

Why is she so perfect?

POST YOUR PREFINAL SPLAT FEST SQUIDS

They will one day.
That server spoofing IS inportant.

Seeing as the NX is coming next year and Nintendo poor business decisions they will be sooner than you think.

You both are retarded considering that Splatoon is P2P and servers are only used for matchmaking. Futhermore this isn't like the Wii where Gamespy was providing the servers for matchmaking/

If mahi-mahi gets picked, I swear to god…

By the way, post your favorite three maps:

Saltspray
Flounder
Kelp

Ancho-V
Moray
Urchin

ALL OUT FUCKING CIVIL WAR

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

URCHIN UNDER PASS

ANCHO Holla Forums GAMES

AND AROWANA MALL

FUCK ALL WHO DISAGREES WITH ME, ITS WAR TIME MOTHER FUCKERS!!!

Post your squids so I can make dank OC for the Civil Waifu War Poster

Have my nigglet

THICC

UUUHHHH THICKER

Protect that smile for me, boys.

Southern soldier is the best song.

Here ya go, Do what you will, got two shots

I may not have the game…
BUT GO TEAM CALLIE

Our boys will do us proud R.O.B

Here's mine, I am with Callie all the way

CALLIE PRIDE WORLD WIDE

I was going to give you all a piece of my mind but after 15 minutes of my shitty cousins abuse I don't even care any more. I don't like playing with you, Marie. You have a terrible attitude, you're constantly making people feel like shit over their performance when you lose splatfests, when you're the one too shitty to make it to S rank after coming to Inkopolis for over a year! Constantly talking shit to me in front of my face, refusing to play with me if you don't like our team comp. You've singlehandedly ruined the Splatfests for me. We used to have good fun without caring about how much we won or lost, and now I just listen to some fucked up fishing boat piece of squit rant and alienate people and hope you leave. But you never do. You're always here. I'm not playing with you until you hit S rank and learn to chill the fuck out and not take tower control so seriously. Or, if people would rather play with you than me, that's cool. I'll just leave.

M A R I E
A
R
I
E

THE SOUTH WILL RISE AGAIN

My fault for expecting this as a cute vanilla doujinshi. It's just straight up yandere vore shit.

stinky hat

100% correct, fam. She's so fleek!

M A R I E F A G S
 UNITE YOUR MIGHT
 FIGHT STRONG AND
   G I V E C A L L I E
       A F R I G H T

It just means the dev team behind Splatoon is tired of babysitting the game and probably want to move onto a new project.

stay strong squiggas you all know precisely who best squid is

We do.

It could just as easily mean that something else will replace Splatfest.

Don't worry , my dad works at splattoon so I hacked into nintendo. i'll make sure the best squid wins… one way or another

ALRIGHT FUCKERS I JUST LISTENED TO VIDEO RELATED WHILE GOING 17-3 IN RANKED BATTLE

WHATS YOUR BATTLE THEME SQUIGGAS

I noticed you picked Urchin Underpass, you probably meant Saltspray Rig, or Blackbelly Skatepark, both maps clearly superior to Underpass.

Or that is what I would like to say but you PICKED FUCKING AROWANA MALL ARE YOU SHITTING ME YOU FUCKING SUB-HUMAN REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Ok here is my contribution to the poster

I will have one later, please wait.

God everything about that show just stroked my dick the right way

I should be able to set one up before the end of the day tomorrow eastern time

I bet anything its gonna be on a day I work to…

As seen in the screencaps, it was being compared to TW101 and Bayonetta both having low sales and with little to no advertising. Even for comparison Codename STEAM (another new IP) was released in March of 2015 and sent to die with no advertising.

So 2 months later people generally thought Splatoon would get the same "no ads" treatment and then Nintendo surprisingly pushed out pretty impressive marketing campaign at launch. TV ads, that obstacle course, frozen yogurt in Canada, that fountain with the Inkling girl statue that shot orange dyed water, positive reception from the Global Testfire (and having a 2nd one).

Dont forget about the Amiibo truck that was stolen too. with the first wave of splatoon Amiibos

Hey man thats also free publicity

The characters also helped to give the game an image of its own that sort of stood out. The orange haired Squid Girl and blue haired Squid Boy became icons in their own right. Likewise, you had waifubait with the Squid Sisters and the Octarian/Inkling race war and all its meme potential

I want that too, but I voted Flounder Heights

I still haven't got my damn email

Okay I got 7 inklings coming Only 3 more for the Front. I'm still sketching the idea ,even though its probably gunna be based off the civil war poster but danked up abit

How do you even know which teams we are on, I think some of the squids havent pledged their allegiance yet.

The Due date for submitting the Inklings the 15th of July .Hows that sound? But if I get enough I'll shorten the date by a week.

I think they should be able to respond very fast if you linked to their posts above and ask them to confirm their teams, for whoever who hasn't picked a team yet.

I know I probably overpayed but I'm just sick of being left behind all the time when things come out just because I'm too poor.

PATCH 2.9.0. COMING ON JULY 6TH

YOO THE DYNAMOS GETTING NERFED…AGIAN
▼ a swing-down width to beat an opponent with a single blow of the central part of the splash, was about 18% smaller than ever.

△ the damage to the Gachihokobaria in swing-down splash, has increased about 12 percent.
※ by one claw of the adjustment, the above in order to ensure that the damage which is the sum of all splash swing-down of one swing is, but will decrease in comparison with Ver.2.8.0, it does not change the maximum amount of damage one swing to Gachihokobaria we the adjustment.

▼ After swinging down, the time until the ink begins to recover, has been long from about 1.17 seconds to about 1.33 seconds.

Literally thanks nintendo

But its alright, since everyone who is good at this game uses the tentatek anyway, am I right Nintendo?

Imagine the final splatfest getting the >>10000000
get.

Now that I can be smug about, but do Dynamos really need to be bullied that hard?

1v1 me

What are Callie and Marie's heights?

TEAM CALLIE

At least I can be happy knowing Marie has absolute victory over magnum tentacles.

>I'm literally fucking next door to it

IN YOUR DREAMS, FAGGOT

CALLIE FOREVER

Actually, scratch that. This angle and colour are better than .

Callie for life.

Bombs paint ink weirdly. Posting this for research purposes. (1/2)

If you throw the bomb close to the pillar it will paint the top, but throw it far away and nothing happens. Odd. (2/2)

Bombs will also paint downwards, even if they shouldn't reasonably splatter like that. (1/2)

Bombs will never paint walls unless thrown directly at a wall or on the ground immediately next to one. (2/2)

Hey man you ruined a perfectly good hop scotch game

Holy shit.
How is these graphics acceptable in current year? This is fucking awful.
Shit tier shadows.
Shit tier textures.
Shit tier AA. Shit tier fucking everything.

I have a opinion about the gameplay as well, it's shit nintoddler trash. However I was just merely commenting on this game's trash graphics, which probably won't even change with the NX as they'll be 2 steps behind just like they have since the Nintendo 64.
However there is another comment I would like to make.
This thread is gay and you faggots are annoying, can't even hide it because professional site coders.

Okay, have a nice day, user

In other news, I Definitely need to get my Wii U hooked back up and do this splatfest. Sad day.

SQUIDS ARE FOR ___

Lunch

SEXUAL

Incidentally, does anyone have a Callie gif similar to this Marie one? I haven't seen any.

That is, similar to this gif. Holla Forums said my post was too large so I had to split it.

HUGS AND HEADPATS

You sick bastard.

WHY IS THE HAND CENSORED!?
AT LEAST IT'S NOT HAND HOLDING

I pledge all 6 of my barrels to Team Marie

Is the game dead to them now?

AUGH MY GOD! TREEHOUSE! TREEHOUSE!
TREEHOUSE!

Who knows. Maybe this will lead into splat2n.

Man, I really want to play #fe, despite everything I know about it.

I spent some of my first paycheck on it to check it out of morbid curiosity. I honestly don't know what my friends are gonna say when they see I'm playing it Some of them use Holla Forums

A house divided against itself cannot stand

meant for

(Checked)

Why are you dumb niggers replying to shit tier bait?

Anyone else think Splatoon should be made more competitive, like GunZ?

No

If you want more proof, just watch some "competitive" teams in splatoon in their streams, they basically do the same routine again and again.

And some players have already reached the absolute peak condition in the game where they can see you and if you are in range, you will die from a squiffer or something, they got the hitscan mechanic down to muscle memory.

Here's an alternative shot with the weapon if that works better

Oh god, this was such a nice game and its main draw is already ending. I suppose lasting a year was to be expected, but I shouldn't have wasted my time.

I'm still an A+, having never gone into S yet. Is it too late? Will I be good enough to defend Marie's honor?

Best squidkid reporting in.

fake and gay

Witness my trips, you filthy low-rank.

Let's go Wall-Eye and Saltspray as a callback to the beta.

fuck this I'm printing my own cover

We only need one more for a full custom matchs
GET IN HERE!

GARBAGE
A
R
B
A
G
E

The Devs may have been biased towards Callie but they know Marie is who brings in the Money.

Marie's men the thunder mutters ,Callie's flags in Marie's wind flutter To arms to arms to arms for Maire.

Mairefags never fail to disappoint.

COME FORTH SQUIDS! I SUMMON THEE!

source?

You summoned the OC fag?

youtube.com/watch?v=_zxlhlsS28U

Octobrush has Squid Beakons.
Should be an Octoling sacrificing an Inkling's body to make more Octolings.

I really hate it when fanartists give the Squid Sisters extra large balloon tits.

Not because I have a problem with big breasts, but I like it better when these retards at least try to keep things in their accurate proportions. Anything else is deviating from the original archetype and drawing the equivalent of a Chinese knockoff

>tfw I have no friends to play any of that with

This is the Splatoon thread, not your fucking blog, you whiny bitch.

I know your pain user

But that wouldn't make sense for everyone who plays story mode afterwards

Don't forget, you'll never share mario maker levels in those threads when it first came out.

FUCK IM SO BAD AT THIS AHHHHHHHHHHI FUCKED UP SO BAD AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Relax you spaz it's not like the splatfest is tomorrow

OYEEE I FORGOT SOMETHING IMPORTANT INFO FOR THE POSES

Make sure to frame the inkling as if they're taking a profile picture
pic related

ALSO WORD OF NOTE:

IF YOU ARE UNABLE TO GET A SCREEN SHOT OF YOUR INKLING AS AN user TO GET A PICTURE FOR YOU IN THE LOBBY

Shit also forgot make sure to fucking put who you're voting for next to your post so I can separate the pictures

Callie

The Octolings did this.

I want to stream our Saturday Night Squid Fights

WOOMY SWAG

Ayyyyyyyyy

if mario maker gets a content update with slopes and placeable water and all the interesting missing features between their games itll blow up.

I swear, if Piranha Pit is on the Splatfest Rotation again, I'm gonna be mad. I don't care what maps they are, but if any of them are that broken-ass piece of shit, I'm gonna flip my shit.

How about these then?

better they have huge tits than adult bodies

Latest eromame

Terrible like the rest, but you are a good guy megaman flagman

that is the only way this will be okay

Quick Quest before i head to work

After the movie posters finished you want me to tweet it out to all the Nintendo branches. cause I'm trying to make this thing
BIG!!!!

I am leaning towards picking Wall-Eye Warehouse just because Callie & Marie used to work there

i dont even feel like im here

That was a good chuckle, thanks user.

Never changes, squiddos.
Seriously -don't. It would be awful

Hopefully this is acceptable

Callie

I kinda wanna buy a Marie amiibo even though I don't own a wiiu. bully me out of it

at first I was like
but then

One of the things I said about Splatoon when we just had the trailer was that I wrote it off as "Squid paintball game nobody will play.", since I thought it wouldn't be marketed like Wonderful 101. Seeing the long ass line for it at E3 was pretty relieving, as it turned out to be one of my favorite games of 2015

I'm glad he was so wrong about Splatoon but I don't think Star Fox even make it past 500k so we might not get a new one for a while

Shit, nevermind

Didn't see the second post, here's the fixed version of the image.
Still Callie

I haven't played this game in awhile. What's this about the final splatfest? Are splatfests over? If so, does the regular multiplayer live on? Where are you gonna get those sea shells if splatfests are done?

thanks >>>/webm/ ffmpeg converter user

There's three of us in the mumble
We only need a few more for customs
Get in here!

I need to submit mine.

We've got four now

It's ok, we'll make them real someday.

Goddmn it, why do I keep forgetting to uncheck that fucking box.

SQUID
FIGHT

Callie or Marie -you're gonna get rekt.
twitch.tv/radiolen

GET IN HERE FOR PRIVATE BATTLES SQUIGGAS!

Only need one more

ONE
MORE
SQUID
PLEASE

DUBS CONFIRM WE NEED ONE MORE

For her.

A premonition from the hunger games thread…
What does it mean?

It's a sign no one will win.

even worse, lesbian racemixing

She got her hybridness by eating the octoling's tentacles.

THEM FIGHTIN WURDS

Also Con you have the Japanese girl with big boobs gif… Kinda need it for research

Also Flat chested girls are gayyyy

Oh wow, That explains why Marie has her tentacles super wrapped up all the time. She's a hybrid as well.
She did say she likes to eat a good slice of Octo Pie
It would explain her fascination with octoweapons as well.

it is kind of fascinating that they have the good sense to replicate one of the best weapon sets of all tim

Do you mean this one?

Team Marie all the way

If I fugged this up please let me know

DEEPEST LORE

Here ya go
also nothin' gay about glorious DFC

Those dubs tho

Yah thats the one

So many ppl for Team Callie

SHHHIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEETTT

Only need one more for customs
GET IN HERE!

ONE MORE FOR PRIVATES BECAUSE FUCK YEAH

We still need one more for a full custom match
GET IN HERE!

YAH DID IT BUDDY!!!

This is one of the faster threads we have had in quite a while, the civil war is real

New thread when?

NEW THREAD