I could defend the designs of most of the X/Y pokemon, i cannot defend this

I could defend the designs of most of the X/Y pokemon, i cannot defend this

This is below Monster Rancher tier.

This is't even Robopon tier.

One is literally a rectangle that looks like a bus.

what vile designs. Did they blow their load last time and they have no good ideas left?

Other urls found in this thread:

serebii.net/sunmoon/pokemon.shtml
pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=54564417
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I don't see anything wrong user, these look pretty par for the course of pokemon designs since gen 1.

No, he's right. These are particularly retarded. But is this everything that was released in the batch or is he picking and choosing?

Yeah bring back the Gen 1 pokemon designs, where a lot of them were just a *blank* with eyes and limbs, or were just a normal animal colored weird.

They don't even look like Pokemon to me.

I wonder if the sjw's are going to call the 3rd one racist.

Theres also a generic bee fly thing, one electric fly and a pikachu-togepi cross…thing.

IT'S A TRAIN

IT'S A FUCKING TRAIN

Instead of a shitty cocoon, it's a TRAIN. This new shitty regional bug is amazing. I love it.

Where were you when autistic fan designs became canon?

Yeah, he cherry-picked a bit. And honestly seeing them in 3D makes it a little easier to stomach. Especially the rad bird mask dude.

But the feminine angler fish has the shape of an entirely different fish and honestly is ugly as sin. It looks like the 60's threw up in the deep ocean studies lab. Goofy the Magic Dragon is really improved by the 3D but that retarded mother-fucker is gonna get mocked. Cube bug has a neat evo who will probably be my main Electric-user this gen but is shit otherwise.

"But of all the flying dutchman costumes I've seen…"

Chinpokomon

I missed out two bugs that are just bugs, thats not exactly "cherry picking"

Most of these just look like plastic pieces stuck together. They look like toys with no actual sense of texture on their skin.

Are they scaly? furry? you cant tell since they all look like they were made out of moulded plastic.

X/Y's designs were actually pretty decent, with some pokemon designs being some of the best in the series.

Sun/Moon's designs so far look pretty shitty though. Even the starters look pretty bland.

This one is cute and I'll accept no backsass.

So far Rowlett is the only thing that looks like a Pokemon and not something from one of the many pokemon clones that showed up around 2000.

I insulted (and thereby agreed) with everything you posted except Bird Person, so yeah I'm on your side. But the art has never been extravagant with textures, and the way things move in 3D is what helps these designs. Harvey Birdman: Attourney at Luau gets a nice bouncy effect to his body feathers that help tell you what he's got going on.

Why does nobody approve of Popplio's design?
He's as vanilla as they come.

I liked the 90's anime style of Gen 1 the most in my opinion. I grew up with Gen 3 and while Gen 3 has such a large amount of nostalgia value to me, I adore the looks of Gen 1's art direction.

I unno these just… I thought X and Y's designs were a little bizarre at first but I didn't hate them too much. Heck I liked Chesnaught and Hawlucha. These ones just like, shit, these don't even look like Pokemon anymore.

Because everyone hates to see a starter, a game-long partner and representative of a generation, to be - AT BEST - goofy-looking.

It's why we hated Oshawott.

What the fuck doez this even mean? You know how many different looking animes there were in the 90s?

All of the starters were bearable and even cool to me. A little simple and round but, hey, that's always the case with newer Pokemon. I think they get the job done and actually do a pretty good job at being good Pokemon as well. Still not my style; I'm always gonna prefer first 2 gens and some of the 3rd but, they're pretty good for modern Pokemon.

Grittier is what he means. Like the old watercolors. Not as unabashedly cartoon-y.

Oh, I mean that it just had that 90's anime artstyle to it. Y'know, that dreamlike, rad, and comfy look that shit like Dragon Ball Z and Sailor Moon had.

It's pretty vague now that I look at it but, if you look at the designs and try and think about it I think you might be able to see what I'm saying.

At least we're one step closed to pokemon dying for good. Sooner or later the cash cow will be fully milked and we'll be able to see them try harder.

chug some bleach
speaking of MR, that cube bug makes me think of color pandora

i dont like the dragons unnatural neck posture, though
the rest seem fine

What if this IS them trying harder?

Reminds me of Valoo for some reason

if it is then may god have mercy on their souls

Yeah yeah. The classic eyes and shapes and more realistic looking stuff like Pidgey compared to Fletchling and shit. I think Watercolors were amazing as well and I just loved that radical, surreal flair they all had. The designs obviously weren't and aren't for everyone as you can see pretty much in any Pokemon discussion, but, they're just so rad looking to me.

We'll all just jump ship to the localized Dragon Quest Monster games.

And in other imagination-land news, Half Life 3 is great.

dude the ozzy osbourne dragon and traincar bug look rad

I like the Train bug.

I was gonna say. MR designs were top fuckin' tier. Even the newer designs are really cool, kinda like Monster Hunter as well. Shit look at Malfestio and tell me that nigga ain't rad at shit.

These new Pokemon are pretty surreal and I kinda dig that, they'd grow on me more if they weren't actually Pokemon but, hey, whatever.

So is Jynx, but unless you are part of the genwunner cult a bad design can still be called bad even if it fits more in the original games artstyle.

If you like popplio you are a badun, you are mad garbo, youns just no good fam.

Jump ship to Monhun like I did bro

polite sage

I got you, man. And I'd love to see a return to that style. Maybe if they do a time-shifted game in the future we'll get watercolor portraits in a sketch pad instead of using a Pokedex.

They're saving all the creative energy they have left to make more superfluous Megaevolutions for already overpowered and highly popular Pokemon from the first four generations.

I like em.
Specifically the square thingy and the round pikachu.

90's anime hat grit and texture to the art with heavy use of cross hatching and shading. Modern anime is almost across the board more gentle colour pallets with flat block colours with no sense of texture or depth to them.

If Pokemon dies I wouldn't be surprised in seeing a lot of newer games popping up trying to emulate it and fill the void.

Pokemon Hack Roms are still going, and a lot of them are actually good. Now there's actual RPG maker games that follow the Pokemon formula and are doing a pretty decent job with it.

But until the shambling carcass of this franchise is still kept alive I doubt we'll see any full releases.

serebii.net/sunmoon/pokemon.shtml

The more official art looks way better.

I do admit that Tapu Koko's name is ridiculous though

It still looks terrible. I see what they were going for, but they really fucked it up

I think I realized what they're trying to do this gen. Show the idea of real-life evolution via Pikachu clones fitting their various habitats. But give some of those poor bastards Raichu-equivalents already.

At least this one is Electric/Steel.

Please, the watercolors are more modern looking than the cel shaded art Sugimori does today.

user my fucking point is that there is no such thing as a "90s anime art style". Even within the same animation studios you had wildly different animation and character design. See Sunrise in 1994 and then in 1995.

CHOO CHOO MOTHERFUCKERS
ALL ABOARD THE BUG-TRAIN

cute

I actually like these, especially Cutiefly. The name is still silly, though

You have no idea what you're talking about. I've seen more texture and cross hatching in post-2010 anime than in any 90s anime. Most 90s anime was flat as shit, usually 2 tone shading, sometimes just 1 fucking tone (fucking Victory Gundam)?

I like Cutiefly, despite it following the new pokemon look.
The others just look bad and/or dumb.

i fucking hate the internet now, i can't escape you retards. are there any websites where i don't have to have garbage shoved in my face all day?

not even going to sage, what's the point? there'll be fifteen threads for this today alone.

Just hide it you turbofag.

Go be deep and mature somewhere else Donnie Dickhole

Try about:blank

So far i've liked every new pokemon
the only one I hate is Bruxish.
That fucking fish is stupid.

**I can see it growing on me, because for some reason it reminds me of old 30's cartoon.
If it was black and white it's aesthetic would be improved 10 fold**

Pokemon is very relevant on an 18+ site.

Kill yourself

Well yes, its my first post in this thread user!

Anyway, I quite like the designs.
Sorry to hear you don't, But maybe they will grow on you?

Not really; if the argument for new pokemon the last few years of "They are overly designed shapes" hasn't struck anyone in the last few years, I think they will this gen.

I don't just blindly accept them because it is pokemon, user. I do have SOME standards.

Things they could've done better.

Cutiefly is perfect as it is and I don't know how to improve Vikavolt.

I didn't know they made Brianna Wu into a Pokémon.

Okay, so fish looks ugly a sin. Dragon doesn't look right, but I like Tapu Koko and the Bugbus.

So, from what we know so far, what is your team looking like so far
Something about that ugly as fuck fish is interesting.

This is the final Pokemon game, user

The designs are standard Pokemon stuff, what people should be really concerned about is that if there is a meaningful post-game.

this is giving me so much cancer

so far its:
owl
stag beetle
cutiefly
maybe triggerfish, for surfing and stuff at least

The final stage for the elec bug is cool, and even the ugly fish kind of fits.

But the droopy ass foam dragon just looks weird. It's eyes are so soul-less. Hopefully it evos or I can just toss it in a box and forget it.

The lighting chicken thing makes me wonder. If it's part of a legendary trio or even quartet- do they from a totem pole? The one we saw looks like it'd be the head, especially when it closes it's two shields over it's body.
And it wouldn't be the first time GF took mythology from one area and applied it else where.

Wing was literally execs going "we want fujoishis to watch our shit"

I think you are confusing artist style and production style. The transition from hand drawn cels to digital means things like line thickness, shading and so on are produced in a very different way that impacts the final product regardless of independent artist style.

What this guy says

Did they make the combat faster? That is always a dealbreaker for me. Wading through slow combat text. Just use icons of the damage type along with the amount. You don't need to write out a sentence saying I did 10 damage. Just show the number 10 fly out of the enemy.

With those serrated teeth on the bug, I thought it was going to be a carnivorous caterpillar inspired.

Yes, they do exist and even live in Hawaii.

I assume it's a blind cave dragon or something. It wouldn't have eyes like that for no reason. The Tiki thing definitely seems to be some kind of legendary, since it was mentioned in the E3 demo. Presumably there are others like it for the other islands (and considering its ability, there should be others for Grassy and Fairy Terrain).

Seals have been made before and thousand orders of magnitude better with Seel and Spheal. Both managed to lool cute and funny without relying in an obvious and forced as all fuck clown design. It is a steamy turd that shouldn't have left the sketch book

But Pokemon doesn't even do what you're talking about in the first place

Now remind me user, what was the overall opiniom of ORAS mere months after release?

THERE CAN ONLY BE ONE KIND OF ANIMAL ELEPHANT SEALS ARE OVER-DESIGNED PIECES OF SHIT GOD ISN'T EVEN TRYING ANYMORE

fuck you nigger, popplio is fucking cute

What did it's final evolution end up being?

Rowlett is the truth and the way.

ORAS was great, you dumb nigger

You're a fucking fag, m8.

Anyone who's not a fucking newfaggot knows that this happens with every new pokemon game. New designs come out, most of them are cool, a few are stupid, retarded nostalgiafags point to them and say "look how shit pokemon has become"

every few years this happens.

Close, but no cigar imbecile. I didn't say Poopolio was overdesigned. It has a simplistic design, kudos. It doesn't magically erases the fact that it relies on a clown motif to come across as funny. Neither the other new starters have a motif so tacked on to define their aesthetics

Fucking Pokemon cycle, man.

Go play a real RPG you casual furfaggots

The only clown shit on it is a collar that is a lighter shade than its' body and a pink nose, about as obtrusive design elements as Rowlett's bowtie.

How can something so autistic be casual?

Videogames are games. Pokemon isn't sillier than your fucking fifa. Shit, the math and mechanics of pokemon are quite enjoyable. Try breeding a competitive team, you'll see.

Ken Sugimori actually isn't designing Pokemon anymore. The art style is very different from his and he hasn't tweeted about them much.

Can't remember who the new guy is but he worked under Ken for a while. Not digging these designs.

The Dragon could easily be improved by making his eyes smaller and fur more realistic as opposed to fucking blobs of clay.

no one cares you autist

Hope that shit was ironic shitposting or just some faggot from gamefags

Why

Sugimori is still the main artist and does do a majority of designs

They look more like those Yo-Kai things
inb4 ninty ends up merging the series

Please kill yourself for believing misinformation

I'll kill myself after someone kills Junichi Masuda

Having opinions this objectively wrong should be illegal.

Not only were they shitty remakes, they had LESS content than the games they were remakes of.

Honestly it is for the best. After what he did to Gold's design for HGSS remakes he needs to eat a bullet

Masuda has been involved since the beginning, quit complaining

Except they objectively had more content than RSE.

Not counting the Delta Episode, or the Hoopa summoned legendaries they have less content than Emerald, but about the same as Ruby and Sapphire.

And he turned into total cancer at Gen 6 that needs to be removed

I am SO glad you read past the first point. Wew, imagine if you hadn't. Now that would have made you look stupid.

kill yourself

Yeah it does. It writes the actions out in text and you need to advance it or watch it type out slowly.

The autism is so fucking strong here.

The autism was strong with whoever made that picture in the first place

No, it doesn't. All it ever tells you is "Pokemon used X move" and the effectiveness, if needed, if it crit, and any side effects. It never told you numerical damage like you stated it did. You never played Pokemon.

Considering Masuda will be retiring from the series soon and his replacement is the guy who did ORAS I wouldn't get my hopes up.

Syill I wish he'd go back to being a music composer. His casualization and hugbox "The Pokemon world has literally NO problems!" sucks.

Source?

The Hoopa legendaries were fucking lazily implemented. It's fucking rom hack tier to just toss them in like they did. They could've given them events like in older games.

Also the delta episode is shit and the remakes did cut things like the e reader, game corner, battle frontier, and more shit lile nerfing the island cave dungeon.

Remember when HGSS remade the Pokemon Pikachu with the Pokewalker?

You're a dumb nigger, aren't you?

Except there's always been an option to make text happen faster and turn off battle animations. Are you a retard?

Wait a minute…

I think I know which sperg this is. Ho boy it's gonna be a fun thread.

I didn't say the content was good, but it's content nonetheless.

Not everything.

Trainbug evolves into beetle with a railgun.

Yeah it's that (89) autist again

Where's your source saying Sugimori isn't doing art or designs?

back to ruby/sapphire retardation of designs

Why do people keep unironically using that? It's a valid argument if you take away the sperg third panel. Why should people make themselves play the same game year after year when there's so many others to play and enjoy? Why devote so much time and effort to one game that's the exact same every time? Am I missing the point or am I just retarded?

fuck, no lewd potential on these new ones.

This is literally the first poke thread I've stepped on in months. I think since the SM announcement if that. I stopped playing after HG, but I am glad autists gonna autist have so defined bogeymen that you think I would post in here stating my opinion as a way to entertain myself. Sole reason I'm still here is because phone battery hasn't died yet amd I can't sleep for my life.

hahahaha

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHA

It's a pokemon thread dipshit, there's people that love shit, furries, and autists.

That's it. Every thread is like this. It's like going into a septic tank and being surprised it's full to the brim with human feces.

me too

I wish the fakes were real.

It's less about this thread in particular and why people keep using that image. Like I said, take the third panel away and It's valid for normalfag shit like CoD, Halo, Battlefield, etc. There are exceptions of course, but people using it just because they don't have an argument is fucking retarded.

colorpandora?

yes, they are too retarded looking, they'll get a couple pics now because they are new, and then everyone will forget about them

only if you just started playing video games lsat year

wtf is that worm bus thing
is that a fat pikachu?
last one looks like an abortion of bug/flying types.
oh and fuck that gay fish thing in OP.

Pokemon is kill lads.

theres gonna lewds of bruxish, just you wait
just look at those lips
look at those teeth

appearently, grubbin's cocoon
looks kinda 9-volt battery

That looks great.

The sea-dragon thing is really ugly, but I like the rest.

Kill yourself

wait this is a second stage pokemon? wtf? why are they not making sweet bug types like scyther pinsir heracross or volcarona.

Are you new?

Doesn't anyone realise that people cry "it doesn't even look like pokemon" every fucking generation?
It happened with X and Y and by the time the gen after this rolls around you'll be saying the same shit.

its this gen's butterfree/bedrill etc.
hope you like shit stats

nah but am high lmao

what

Grubbin evolves into the TRAIN and then into the pretty cool electric horsefly thing.

It's the best Weedle there's been for a long time.

gotta admit looks sick af. Looking forward to using it.

Gen 7 sizing up to be the straw that broke the camel's back for a lot of brainwashed fans. Between how soulless the R/S remakes were and the absolute dearth of postgame content in X/Y, I've been convinced to never buy another one of these things. I advise you all to do the same.

nah foo.

This is the only good looking design of the bunch.

I don't see the problem with "native American ceremonial bird hat for arms bird"

Every gen has a pikachu look-alike, it is a staple as much as the starters.
Merril, plusle+minun (which were the true knockoffs), forgot, emolga, dedene.

It also wasn't the last time pokemon are revealed, unless you really think they're only making like 10-15 mons this time.

And it gets less acceptable everytime. They're forgettable as fuck and relatively useless in-game.
Merril is the only memorable one on account of the Pikablu nonsense and the non-electric typing.

Merril was only ever memorable because of being one of the first two Gen2 mons officially shown in the anime/movies months before the game release (up to a year i think?) and because of the infamous pikablu rumour.

The only one i don't care for is the fish. I like the 3rd pokeman the most, and i also like the bus bug and his evolution.

Yeah and every gen has a caterpie, a ratatta, a pidgey, and whatever the fuck else.

It's so fucking formulaic that I don't know how someone who isn't a little kid playing pokemon for the first time can stomach it, much less people who buy every fucking iteration AND REMAKES.

Who are you quoting?

Someone seems a little mad other people have fun with games

Nostalgia mainly.
But also you get easy shit to fight first.

I do agree it should be switched up though. Gen 3 did it best where you got your rat and bird, but also a bug and a wolf/hyena. By the next route your getting your first grass or water type if you didn't pick them as your starter.

The Colosseum games did it best. Trainer types rarely indicated what they'd use, and you'd see more than you could catch.

Kinda unfair considering Colo/XD didn't have many wild Pokemon.

He's definitely doing art, but many, many other people have been helping design pokémon as early as Gen 2, if not sooner, be it through working there, or Game Freak holding contests, etc.

The artist who did pic related designed Entei & co., among others.
Pic related is also effectively an adaptation of her own playthrough. It got cancelled midway through Cianwood.

you say that like this thing isnt twice the nigga kakuna is

That's not a source, you dumb cunt, and I know Sugimori isn't the only monster and character designer, but he's the main artist.

You got a problem with cultural enrichment, user?

Wat?

Holyshit you're right. It's just a shitty Valoo.

It's Maori you uncultured nigga

Negro, everyone and their grandmother with dementia loves Popplio's design.
In fact, all of the stage 1 starters look fantastic.

No, he's the bulbasaur of this gen. Everyone thinks he looks "ok" but only two people will ever pick him, and out of pity.

Not only is pooplio hated, tumblr featured it as one of their "random backrounds for when you sign in or find a 404'd blog" either out of pity or because tumblr devs actually liked thay piece of shit. He is that bad

Looks a bit goofy, but not horrible. Will probably show up in R34 as a buttplug.
Looks rad as fuck. Hopefully will have a decent movepool to make up for its inevitable shit stats.
Doesn't really look like a pokemon. I see what they were going for, but it didn't work terribly well. On the upside, we finally got a normal/dragon.
Looks gaudy as fuck. Thankfully water types are a dime a dozen, so there will probably be no real reason to use it.
Looks fine.
Not too big of a fan. Is it just me, or are pikaclones starting to get progressively fatter now?
A bit overdesigned for my tastes. Hopefully it will actually be a good electric/fairy.

People love his design.

The one I see get shit on is the fire cat.

I love the owl.

Pika at any size shitlord!

It has the ability "Dazzle". Priority moves miss it.
So if it has decent stats, it could switch in on prediction.
Then just spam Scald.

Oh shit, Mardan Garayan, I can't not catch that now.

The point I meant to make was, he's not out of the game artwise (as far anyone's aware, though he is getting pretty old), but he hasn't been nearly all that involved in designs in years.

Was wondering what the hell Dazzle did. Seems pretty situational, though. Wonder if it has any effect against Prankster. It looks like the kind of pokemon that has okay stats, so it pretty much depends on movepool and if they fucking nerf Scald or not

People are thinking that Charjabug looks like a fucking bus?

It looks like a camping bag.

no, it's a bus

It's a battery.

First looks like a Luvdisc on acid. I dunno.
Second looks like Cradily's posh cousin. I like it.
Third looks like a less gangster Scrafty. It looks OK.
4th looks like it has sunglasses

Last gen gave us Malamar and Mega Ampharos at least, so I trust them to make at least a few good designs.

M8, he's cute as fuck. It's a shame those leaks were fake, but hopefully his real 3rd form is good.

It's both.

a battery with windows?

No wonder you have shit taste

Already the fan art is being rolled out.

It's Char.

how about the porn niggo

Not yet, I suppose. What does a bug dick even look like?

GOOD
GRUBBIN
BOXBUG
RAILBEETLE
DOPEY CHINESE DRAGON (animations + vacant eyes make it look much better, less goofy)

OKAY
CUTIEFLY

MEH
GENERIC ELECTRIC RODENT

SHIT
ELECTRIC/FAIRY ABOMINATION (what the fuck is this? I've got a bad feeling they're going to push as the new Lucario)
DICK-CHOMPING DRAG QUEEN FISHE
ROBOT LOLI (it wasn't in the new teaser but fuck it anyway)

OVERALL
Pretty meh, good designs are a minority and still no god-tier designs in the entire gen.

I wish the beetle wasn't so damn angular, it looks like a piece of a gundam
Beetles are fucking awesome looking and have variations big enough that they don't need to get ridiculous with the design to make it look different from heracross

it's a rail gun though

I've actually seen fish that looked a lot like that one. Same bad color scheme, weird looking lips, etc.

Though that was in shallow Mexican waters.

It better be or its shit tier compared to joltik forever.

Because of the horns
Beetles can have horns without looking like they fell off of voltron

3D pokemon just look weird, man. Give me my moving sprites back.

Shit taste in starters.

Bulbasaur's only saving grace is that it isn't Chikorita.

what are you, gay?

I like all 3, but bulbasaur is the least popular one as is the case with popplio.

I would've liked him better if Venusaur didn't look like a fuckass with it's huge nigger face.

To be honest, the only gen 2 starter worth a damn is Totodile.
And this is coming from someone whose first game was Silver who almost always picks the fire pokemon.

hah

but fuck you

Bayleef is a sex symbol.

See gen 2 is the only one where ive ever liked the fire starter

chikorita looks like nothing
meganium at least kinda looks like a sauropode

I used to like Typhlosion, but the simplicity of his design and his weakness in battle both… oh, is there a term that means like, the OPPOSITE of growing on you?

When did a pokemon have to look like anything, I thought that was the point sometimes.

It doesn't have to, but Chikorita and Cyndaquil's problems is that they're too simple.
At least Totodile went through a caveman phase as a teenager.

the third one is cool

but nigga, at least those shitmons aren't like the yokai watch shitmons

Huh I can see what you mean.

See, that's where I draw the line. That's just disgusting, and I wish he would die off.

Pretty good so far.

puff puff pass the magic dragon is my waifu

I mean, seriously.
Look at this shit. What the fuck? Typhlosion is awful without its fire collar, and that's really all that distinguishes it from the pack.
And even Emboar has a fucking fire collar!

The fire neck only comes out in battle mode.

Also it's been depicted on all four legs.

When I was a kid, I used to think Venusar could be bualbasaur's or ivysaur's mom sense it was so feminine looking.

gradius bug?

Gen 4 had Pachirisu or something like that I forget the name

Dude, that model is ripped straight from a fight in X and Y.
Don't take it personally, but Typhlosion just doesn't have the same strength of design as the other fire starters do. It's just… a honey badger.

You mistake me for thinking I see more in it than you do. I like it just the way it is.

Nice idea, but the look on that fish's face is too smug to be "triggered".

Oh, okay.
Different strokes and all that. Personally, I think they could've just made Typhlosion a regularly catchable fire pokemon and nobody would've blinked.
It lacks that… spark that other starters have.

It's doing the triggering. Also it's literally based on the reef triggerfish.

Its ability also causes priority attacks to be negated, so it's currently triggering talonflame and pranksterfags.

if it really is a grumpy old dragon, then its starting to grow on me

I think he really looks like that but it is up to interpretation

Keep in mind the colour limitations of the gbc probably played a part in the design. He should have his fire collar always, first time I saw him he looked weird without it out.

Yeah, but the color limits of the GBA don't explain why it has the exact same base stats as Charizard.
Seriously. It's just a Charizard with access to Eruption and a worse move pool.

it is called drampa, like dragon and grampa

old man dragon is funny, to bad the furfags with daddy issues are gonna bara him up

The sad thing is if his hair and eyebrows looked like actual hair and not blobs he'd be 10/10

oh thats great. hes going to scold you for what seems like hours
from the op i thought he was some jamaican stoner

Please tell me that grumpy dragon grandpa becomes a psuedo-legendary.

I think it's supposed to look like one of those goofy dragons.
Like Dragonite

Dragonite doesn't look like he's made out of clay though

user you know its tropius 2.0, in your heart you know.

Goodra does.

assuming drampa isnt the final form, how would its design change upon evolution?
growing even older, growing younger or becoming a ghost/skeleton from old age?

We could use a Ghost/Dragon pokemon.

You know the best part of people saying these designs are bad are the stupidiest reasonings as to why they don't like them

I could see it becoming younger and more powerful, getting more cloud hair, etc. Although either could happen.

Giratina you dumbass

They just seem dispassionate. Even the forgotten black and white ones like the deer thats antlers changes with the real world seasons was a more thoughtful design.

God i miss seasons.

non-legendary, you mean

Its the 3D models that really kill it. They just look so poor, the style doesnt work in 2D. Pokemon shouldve stayed pixel art

They are still fucking terrible, every new generation has had worse and worse designs.

At least they didnt go voxels for the minecraft audience.

Could you imagine?

Gee, yeah, tell me about all those cool Fire/Water types, too.
Oh wait.

They can do better than that, mate.

Nope, you're wrong

Yes sempai, please teach me the proper way I to have fun.
I clearly got it wrong.

dude oddish lmao

dude

How? I don't see him as old fit man. If anything, he would like a regular old man

inb4 japanese pixiv art of him living up mega gardevoirs dress and peeping underneath as she goes beet red.

hey man are you gonna eat that poffin?

You know, that imgae would be better if it was just a cigar, since that fits an old angry man better.

But do they practice the poff, poff pass?

ROTOM I WANT PICTURES SEE, PICTURES OF GALVANTULA! HES A MENACE!

I was trying to think of a legit move set.

He's got bad joints in his old age, dude.

I need this now

Accidentally clicked and elected to knock it off before I posted when I find the pic I wanted to post.

1st and 2nd Pokémon look like something from Wind Waker.

Here is my opinion

not if he eats the whole thing first

Hoennfags are the new genwunners, user. Even when I was a kid I liked LG/FR better.

man, they really like the pointy teeth this time around

I picture it either evolving into a pissed-off grandpa dragon with great attack stats and speed or a really fucking chill dragon old man that's a defensive wall.

Waifufag detected

Even black and white was better than ORAS. The seasons, the murrcan pokemon, the area 51 AYYY shit?
It was fun, trumpet land felt like an attempt to redo red and blue in a way. A lot of long straight routes curving around the edge with a lot of wasted space. Its not a terrible game, but as a remake the straight lines and hard right angles design was unchanged and after the winding routes of X/Y it felt so backwards.

wwwwwwwww

It looks like shit in 3d, but the design itself is pretty cool. Still not getting the new game, I still haven't finished Black.

The ending for Black and White was pretty good.

Repels now give you a prompt in a message box if when they run out about if you want to use another one.

Haven't played the games past B2/W2, i see.

humuhumunukunukuapua'a

That's in Black and White, mate.
You don't seem to realize I'm talking about Ruby and Sapphire.

2 minutes of uninterrupted surfing is actually a lot

or just Reef triggerfish

you havent seen hideous

Garbador exists, I have seen hideous Pokemon.

Pokemon is shit, pokemon is trash, pokemon is cancer and promotes mental retardation for all of humanity

Listen here you stupid, mouth-breathing motherfuckers, I've been a pokemon fan for over 10 years and i'm pretty sure what you're thinking: "another faggot who has never played pokemon or never got into that one epic tournament where shucke and his epic build stats/moveset made everyone go 'Wooo!!"

Hahaha this motherfucker is so triggered! :') that's so funny because he took all that time to write such a long post to shit on my favorite game and that would mean he has no life!

Pokemon is such a dragged out, jumpsharked zombie franchise that should be dead already, it's always the same stupid formula, it's always the same stupid gameplay and they are never daring enough to introduce anything that evolves what we already have except for very minor changes that can barely be felt because they are too stupid and lazy to think outside the box and keep things balanced for "muh epic tournaments", you faggots, myself included have been playing the same stupid game for over 10 times and have gotten nothing out of it, it's always the same childish setting where you have to dig really deep to find some remotely "dark" stuff while on the surface we have stylized animals bumping onto eachother and have a text box convince us they were biting onto eachother or shooting beams out of their mouths, it's no better than fucking Madden NFL or anime forum "role play" !

You typed all that up with a single flawed premise behind it all.
Who the fuck buys pokemon games anymore?

saved

To be honest I've hated surfing in every game after R/S/E because they lowered the movement speed while surfing to walking, down from running, which makes it take so much longer to get anywhere. Can you imagine having to walk through every patch of grass instead of running?

then why do you keep buying it?

what, you don't like it that people like something you no longer like?

what's with the spergout, copypasta generator?

Hey Phil Fish. Trying to dodge your own thread and invading others now?

thats how it was in the old days, and it sucked. then you got a bike, but you only heard bike music unless you changed zones.

Chill out boss, I'll just pirate it on a CFW

I've been pirating it since gold and silver, not saying it was a bad game, i liked it better than red/blue and definitely better than yellow

That's exactly what is going on, i am ashamed that we've seen countless of releases and people are still eating up this shit, making Gamefreak think they came up with some sort of genius game formula that's been outdated since like year 2002 while this shitty franchise has nothing to back it up except for the wallets of nostalgiafags and tourneyfags who are eager to rock that tournament with their newest goggled asian rodent

This retarded zombie franchise doesn't deserve our money and even less deserves our attention when it's got to the point that i think even fucking shit like Digimon has done better for at least trying to make every game different from the past one

You guys are pretty good.

Monster Rancher designs were good, even on a bad day.

that sums up how i felt about world of warcraft since forever, but theres no use getting mad about it.

what does that mean when most monster girls are around that same 'level'?

At least they are more daring than pokeshit, i'd like to see someone at modern nintendo trying to come up with a complex MONSTER design like that without breaking their delicate little hands that can only produce Steven Universe-tier curved drawings.

What? you don't like this response? you made a stupid most, get a stupid reply

Cool.
Good thing I don't buy the games. Perhaps you should go preach at people who do.

Entry level monstergirls are pleb tier girls with one or two monster features, like in that pic. Come back with girls that don't look like cheap cosplay.

Jesus Christ, Tecmo.

I love you user

It's really fucking sad when your average "legendary" Pokemon like shiny Rayquaza or Deoxys doesn't look as badass and imposing as someone called "worm", from monster rancher

That doesn't really look that badass or imposing in my opinion, looks like a generic space worm to me but I might just have shit taste.

It's almost like they have two different styles or something.

sorry ,can't hear you over these sweet monsters.

not really
i like worm though, too bad it only reappeared in the now defunct mmo

That second one is from The Phantom Menace nigguh.

Don't be talking shit about my bro Hengar

oh youre one of those. i get it

Is there a full bestiary online for existing monsters? I'm looking for visible fusions of Monol.

monster-rancher.wikia.com

The henger actually predates that little shit, though possibly as a response, the design has evolved a lot between games.

www.monster-rancher.com

Seriously, you will find NO greater database of monster rancher info.

Hell yeah. I loved their moveset the most in MR1 with that bitching Final Saber

Yeah, it sucks that the Beaklon has basically replaced it.

I would have liked the Beaklon to be an addition, but they never should have removed the worm.

Also

holy crap is fushisha o still doing these?

possibly?

here are the other 5 I know of.

I must be blind, 'cause I can't find the bestiary. Just information on the different games.

… Is this a "if everything was fused with Pixie" scenario?

pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=54564417
most recent mr work

pic unrelated

Yup, "if everything was a pixie with the trademark monster as the sub breed"

Except Mocchi (who's already female), thus has a pixie sub, and Golem (who makes it hilarious when it has a pixie sub breed)

Do you mean images?

I need the specific game you're talking about as some games feature mixing, others games don't and some games allow mixes but don't in later games, etc.

No like, I wanna read shit about the different monsters and their fusions/subspecies.

Ah, well, there are sub pages in each game with info cards.

So a basis (and WIP site) is:

monster-rancher.wikia.com

But for a collective of all the book/card entries:

www.monster-rancher.com

And then you go to the right game, go into FAQ, and List of all monsters and descriptions.

For example:

001. Pixie [Pixie/Pixie] There are many fans though it is spoiled and powerless.
002. Daina [Pixie/Dragon] Because it it of legendary blood, it has high pride.
003. Unico [Pixie/Centaur] It is the most earnest monster in the Pixie species.
004. Jilt [Pixie/Wracky] It is known that Jilt likes to tease men.
005. Granity [Pixie/Golem] It has a cold atmosphere mabey because of its strong will.
006. Dixie [Pixie/Zuum] It likes wild life because it was born in a jungle.
007. Janne [Pixie/Durahan] It is brave but its heart is a little bit too delicate to defeat enemies.
008. Mint [Pixie/Tiger] It has charming bluish hair and a cute tail.
009. Lepus [Pixie/Hare] In winter, warm air is held in its fur and keeps it warm.
010. Angel [Pixie/Gali] They say Angel is the most merciful monster of all.
011. Kitten [Pixie/Kato] A musical, based on Kitten's life has played a long run.
012. Jinnee [Pixie/Bajarl] It is sloppy by nature and sleeps often.
013. Futurity [Pixie/Metalner] Its looks may be what humans look like in the future.
014. Vanity [Pixie/Suezo] This name was given by Dr. Maccots when he found it.
015. Snowy [Pixie/Jill] It is mentioned in the legends of some northern countries.
016. Lilim [Pixie/Joker] It can be best described as a little witch.
017. Nagisa [Pixie/Jell] "Nagisa Skin." This admiring word is derived from this one.
018. Dryad [Pixie/Mock] This monster is a tree fairy. It inhabits in the forest.
019. Serenity [Pixie/Plant] In spite of its photosynthesis ability, it loves to eat.
020. Silhouette [Pixie/Monol] It has a shield wrapped around it in the FIMBA area.
021. Night Flyer [Pixie/Worm] Some people consider its beautiful feathers grotesque.
022. Allure [Pixie/Naga] They say that it sucks the life force out of men.

you can catch some pixies on /vp/ too

Holy shit

You're such a great man, thanks for all the info and pictures.

Happy to get people interested in Monster Rancher. It's a series that does not have enough love.

As a bonus:

023. Poison [Pixie/???] They say it is hysterical. But the truth is unknown.
024. Kasumi [Pixie/???] Its breasts tend to get more attention than its battles.
025. Mia [Pixie/???] It draws many people's support with its cute charm.

They make NO attempt to hide the fact that some monsters are highly worth tapping.

To be fair fish pokemon were always garbage. Who the fuck ever thought Remoraid was a good/interesting design?

The fairy/electric actually isn't bad (seeing it in motion helps) and the bus bug is shit, but most first stage bug generics are; Weedle wasn't particularly interesting either. Much like every other "first forest bug type", it has a solid evolution which I'm content with.

The dragon thing however is fucking horrific. I'm not sure who the hell OK'd that shit, it must be some hawaiian culture thing.

Only manchildren would still be interested in pokemon at this point

FTFY and i'm sure the dragon design is just a lazy, uninspired recycled Lapras but since they were thinking about a tropical island they thought it'd make sense to give it a chill jamaican dude look like the black guy in the skittles commercial

Bus bug is the cocoon stage, not the first stage.

And its final evolution stage is a shameless ripoff of the Gatack Zecter

so original amirite guise

I still find it baffling how 80% of the things people call shameless ripoffs look nothing alike.

you had one job GAMEFREAK

I liked it better when it was called Mega Pinsir, Really, pokemon designs only get worse each release, in the end it's all up to gen 1 or third party games to make the monster battle genre seem alive or interesting.

Mega Pinsir is an electric type?

well to be fair pixie kasumi is based on dead or alives kasumi right? and in that game the breasts tend to get more attention than the battles

No, he's bug/flying but you already know that you gigantic sperg, wanna know who's an Electric type? your mom's dildo.

mega pinsir isnt a starfighter though

Then how is it similar to Vikavolt?

They are both bugs idiot god damn when will Nintendo think of new ideas

True, but then we get this from Rancher 3:

Pixie: Takarama: It is very spoiled and mischievious, pretty but not always nice. The Male Breeders should be especially careful. Yes, you too.

But the feet, spikes, horns, and wings are all different. The only real similarity are the eyes. You seem disproportionately upset at this electric beetle.

Don't get me wrong, i'm not upset at that poor, innocent little creature, i'm upset at gamefreak for giving Pokemon the longrunner syndrome and turning it into 'Same shit, different year'

Do you think my hate is disproportionate? no amount of hate will be enough for such long-lasting mediocrity.

It's devientart tier OC

Moon fucker seems more Yugioh than Digimon.

I'd love to see that bitchboy kite go against Ra, the real god of the sun from yu gi oh.

does yugioh also have a fake god of the sun?

what the actual fuck am I looking at…?

The Fish is the Stunfisk of the generation tbh fam.

I'll say it again. It would've been MUCH better if it fought while facing the side.

I'd love to see that edgy anime beast go against the real Ra, the REAL real god of the Sun from Egyptian religion.

Motherfucker.

I see the Hawaii inspiration for the first and third one. No idea what the hell is with 2 or 4.

These mons really look better in 2D than 3D
The models in the game just look like shit.

If you ask me, most pokemon better in 2D.

The first one is pretty much just a triggerfish with a dongle ontop. Nothing too much wrong with that since a lot of early pokemon designs were just animals with slight modifications. The other ones are pretty fucked though.

kys