Hey Holla Forums, its easy to say games are a big part of our lives, right?

Hey Holla Forums, its easy to say games are a big part of our lives, right?
So what games have become a tradition for you?

For example: At the start of every October, ever since I've ever been able to own the game, I've played Resident Evil 2.

I'm not super good at it, but its something I play at least once a year, especially during that part of the year.
I don't even know when or why I started doing this. It just feels right to do.
maybe because it gets me in the mood for the spooky like nothing else does?

What about you

Other urls found in this thread:

wiwiki.wiwiland.net/index.php?title=Daggerfall_:_DaggerfallSetup_EN
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It's not really a tradition but once in a while i'll replay Sacrifice.
I don't like to develop these very structured habits because else i'll burn out on that game completely over the years.

There's some games you can hand me and i can finish in one sitting almost perfectly like RE4 or both Dead Space games but i make it a point not to replay them too often else i'll get sick of em and that's a shame since they're good games i'd like to replay years from now with a still relatively fresh mind.

What? nobody else has games they love so much they have put them into a tradition of sorts?

Metal Gear Solid 2 and ZOE2 at least once a year.

I play through Metal Slug and Sonic 3 on an unregular basis

I play Gothic 2, Deus Ex and VTM:B once a year, but they're not scheduled for any specific time of the year so I play them whenever I feel like it.

A U T I S M

I replay Suikoden II when I'm feeling especially down on vidya, to remind me of games I love.

And I play Brigandine when I get too sick to play anything else, because I could play it in my sleep.

I was thinking of playing all the resident evils up to 4 on October.

Every year, Dino Crisis 2. If I don't get all the dino files on the first try, then I attempt suicide.

S H I T P O S T I N G

Every 3 months I watch the movie Goodfellas. I'm also mentally retarded.

>every October the 1st I'll take the day off, no matter what
>up until this point I've hoarded snacks and junk food, cherry cola, vanilla cola, chips, chocolate ect
>watch movies all day, play the games I love the most, watch a couple of batsu games and read SnU
>i feel happy for the first time in a year every time

I've played FFX almost every year and yet to beat it when i get to the sin battle I just don't want to end it. For some reason it kinda feels like the character are still there on their journey. Sounds extremely gay now that I write it

Wow, that's really fucking weird.
Ending it is the entire point of the game.
Not only because of the game aspect, but that's the point of the story being told.

Ending cycles.

I play REmake every year at least once.

I beat it 5 times this year already.

everytime winter starts i open daggerfall and play as a nord for a while, its a very comfy feeling.

also this is a old screenshot from a exploit hunting play through.

I actually have it installed but haven't finished it yet.
Any advice?
I'm basically never shooting any zombies and running past everything, it's pretty fucking strict ammo wise compared to any other RE, almost to an annoying degree.

Any tips on how to make it run smoothly on new OSes?

I used to bring out my n64 and play OoT and MM every year now I don't do it anymore.

every October I play Fatal Frame 3, not necessarily always to the end but always for a few days at least

also, every two years or so I pull out super mario RPG and play it exclusively

i replay re1 re4 zelda:links awakening and all the metroids excwpt the original

why not?

At the start of every summer I play Mgs3 and get all the camos and weapons. Sometime after winter I will boot up oblivion, beat the dark brotherhood quest line and the main quest line.

Nigger, you didn't even try hard mode/real survival yet. On normal (mountain climbing) there's more than enough ammo.

Tips:
Don't kill crows. Don't run near them and they won't attack you. The exception is in the painting room with the colored lights, you can run there.

The zombies in the cemetery where you use the arrow head don't become crimson heads so you can kill them with the pistol as soon as you get there.

Dodge as many zombies as you can, if you have to kill one, use the shotgun and aim up to decap them and prevent crimsonification.(decap is not 100% guaranteed though)

The pistol is useless aside from killing the zombies in the cemetery I mentioned.

If you start from the eastern first floor, Barry will save you from the shotgun trap and you won't need to use a broken shotgun to get it. So you'll be able to leave the pistol in the item box and never take it with you again pretty early (and you won't need to pick up pistol ammo again).

If you play as Jill (you should if you don't know the game pretty well) you'll have the grenade launcher which is pretty good.

Use acid rounds against reptilians (Hunters and Yawn, the huge snake, which you have to kill the second time you encounter it.) and flame rounds against spiders (don't use the first flame rounds before you get to the mine, keep them for the spider boss).

The first time you encounter Yawn, if you saved Richard(you should), he'll come help you and shoot at the snake. Run to the mask and take it, then just keep dodging the snake until Richard kills it (so you don't use any ammo). The snake will "die" then it will eat Richard (who will drop the assault shotgun, a weapon you really want) then just flee the room with both the assault shotgun and death mask with you.

I may be forgetting some important stuff but that should help you a bit.

did you try the daggerfall.exe setup, heres the link.

wiwiki.wiwiland.net/index.php?title=Daggerfall_:_DaggerfallSetup_EN

me and my friend will sit down and 100% kirby superstar every year or so

also when prompt during the setup don't install any patches, the only patch you should use is eye of argonia, the others sometimes breaks the game.

Pls no bully, English is not my first language.

Not really a tradition but my friends and I always return to minecraft with tonnes of mod.
Maybe because all of us likes to build stuff

F.E.A.R. and its expansions. I go back to them every couple years, usually after I've played a newer, inferior shooter. Sort of like a palate cleanser.