Deus Ex

Let's have a Deus Ex thread.

I just finished HR. Got the Sarif ending. I thought the game was alright, but not as fun as the original.
What ending did you guys choose? Should I play Invisible War next?

Other urls found in this thread:

poal.me/ubp36k
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Anyone got that /cyber/ chart were they put HR on a higher tier than the original DE?.

Should the original version of HR be played over that "enhanced" edition they put out?

Only thing I heard about the enhanced edition was that they removed the piss filter, but it ended up looking a bit worse

The enhanced edition adds more ways to tackle the bosses, removes the yellow filter and changes some other stuff here and there. There's no reason to play the regular version

The removal of the yellow filter making the game look worse is the main thing I heard about it. Maybe some things fixed in patches for the regular game not being fixed in the new version.

Doesn't also add some DLC content into the main game?

Yeah

It was designed to look good in a piss filter, removing it made everything look like fancy shades of brown and generic cinematic fade out amongst other things. Sometimes when there is a filter you should check if it looks good without it.

What is there to say that hasn't been said a million times before?

The piss filter isn't gone, just toned down. No idea why everyone says that. And the new ways to kill the bosses are just awful, so don't even try it. The real difference is that the DLC is implemented into the base game. Whether that's positive or negative is a matter of debate,

What would your idea of an ideal sequel/prequel to the original Deus Ex be?

I hear this constantly, but I thought the piss was worse than no filter.

Whelp it goes like this

turns out a gold colored turd has more flavor then a brown turd.

Playing Paul Denton as he notices some weird stuff while working and decides to follow the thread and discover the truth about UNATCO. Ending of the game would be infiltration of working behind the scenes, recruiting JC, and helping him along.

>then introduce bosses that make you do the opposite to proceed I'm aware that the bosses were outsourced but holy shit did you even tell those guys what sort of game you were making
They were handed one of the best XP systems out there and fucked it all up.

That really annoyed me. Half the time, I'd want to hack things even though I had the password just so I could get some extra XP or a worm.
And you get more XP knocking guys out compared to killing them, so I always did that instead.

No, play the enhanced version. Literally better in every way.

Enhanced has stealth ways of tackling bosses.

Original has less bugs and looks amazing. Piss filter is the greatest thing since ever. I never upgraded.

I don`t even remember, that`s how forgettable it was. The only memorable moment that game had was killing my pilot and them presenting her dead body in a dirty, ill lit room later in the history

Never play Invisible War.

UNIVERSAL AMMO
N
I
V
E
R
S
A
L

A
M
M
O

/cyber/ is so dead that you could probably find it on there if you went and looked

Ehh, it's amusingly shitty. Worth a look at, for free.

It's not terrible if you play it first, and have no idea what a good Deus Ex game is supposed to look like.

Blowing up the ship is the only option.

Was the DX reloaded or whatever that mod was any good?

These never get old, I can't find the webm I saved though, sorry.

some of the story is still good.

Ran like shit, never really played it.

Only really ran around on the starting dock but got the impression the makers thought clutter=better

so it's shit?

That would be rad, actually. I would love to play as Paul.

It was a trial and a half to save her ass. Can't imagine how bad it'd be if you were going non-lethal.

I just started it and it seems worse, but not completely awful. Not a fan of how they did augmentations, though.

Let's get this shit started.

poal.me/ubp36k

hey Jay, we always bash Invisible war for the shit show it ended up being, but what about The Fall? it's incomplete, the graphics are a generation behind and there's no fucking jump button, it's almost like a mobile game!

It was worth it for dat ass though.

I haven't heard shit about the Fall other than it's awful. What's it even about?

True.
Shame they confirmed that she won't be in Mankind Divided because her death is canon.

storywise, it's a continuation of the novel.
gameplay wise, it's HR but with simplified controls for mobile.
they succeeded at both, but the end result is shitty, specially considering the PC port is a straight port, mobile graphics and controls and all.
I still recommend it if you're read the novel and it's 0.99 again.

They never have confirmed that. I've asked other anons time and time again to tell me where they did and they always eventually go "Oh….I guess they never actually confirmed that." As far as I can tell it's just a meme people spread. Now, she's definitely not your pilot at the start of the game. You have a way worse one. However, based on everything I've read, there's nothing saying she can't show up later in the game.

I have the mobile version but never got the audio to work, it was just static screeching like a goat whenever dialog popped up.

There's a novel?

I'm just repeating what I heard in the threads.
I remember someone giving a link to an article stating that, but I didn't save it, so I could be wrong.

yeah

Deus Ex: Icarus Effect

DEUS EX IS A DOCUMENTARY

You have to make sure none of the enemies die when the mech explodes.

Darrow was right

How to recognize a pleb 101

So what's the best play through to do in 1? First play though I did was heavy stuff, like gep gun and flamethrower. second play though I tried no kills but I wasn't gud enough, only got 1/3 of the way though. kept running out of prod charge.

What ever you like, but direct assault is pretty lame because the AI acts like headless chicken in a firefight. I think GMDX fixes that, but it also makes stealth even more fun.

Baton with the baton anything without heavy cybernetics.

ah yeah. I always forget about that one. is it just Herman you have to kill to progress? I know you can skip Walton.

I gave it a try, the only thing that's interesting is that there are new levels to explore, they are bigger than the original so that's cool but I'm not sure if there are new secrets to find, I think they've just hidden the old secrets over again.

The New York level has been changed significantly so maybe there can be something good to look forward to, but last time I played Deus ex I just wanted to get an idea of the details of Liberty Island and found myself sneaking around Lebedevs airfield before I had remembered why I was playing. I kind of stopped in New York.

Deus Ex Story is good, I kind of wish they didn't dwell on Adam Jensen for the next DX, I feel they are going to fuck the story up and cheapen JC Denton as a character somehow.

You can skip Herman, legit spoiler ahead Simons kills him if he fails twice. Navarre can be skipped but the story treats it as if you killed her because the boss fight is not intentionally skippable.

I kind of wish they had included the Unatco route, imagine how great the game would have been with that shit.

I don't know. It would have had to be completely separate from the main game, dividing the content and making the main route worse. Might have worked as a small bonus route (or elaborate fail state) where you assassinate the remaining Illuminati and get a head pat from Bob.

yeah I did as much of the good goy route as the game lets you and it was actually really satisfying to have Herman and Navarre like you. I think they could have made it work if they'd just had Denton assume it was the lesser of two evils, and maybe you work to make UNATCO/Majestic 12 better from within. don't know how the later levels would have worked as they are all majestic 12 controlled.

Darrow was a fag who was jealous because he was too crippled for augmentations.

Has anyone played the PS2 port of Deus Ex? what's it like?.

This thread made me install deus ex. Do i need to install all those mods that are available such as GMDX, or complete original first?

No need for mods on your first run.

Okay, i hope so. Dialogue is skipping like some sort of bug though.

might as well post these dude sex wembs i've got

It would have negatively affected the games development sure, that's why they cut it. I always felt cheated that Deus Ex having so much choice and reactivity didn't let you choose to stay with Unatco.

I can't find the webm or the youtube vid of the guard and the tower thing, fuck.

I was always interested in how they were going to converge the two routes.

No.

please do, I can't find mine.

How badly optimized will MD be do you think?

I guess the first half would have been pretty similar but instead of working for the resistance you'd be trying to track down paul but always be one step behind him. second half would have to be a completely different game because of all the areas controlled by majestic 12.

Not even HR has universal ammo.

Not even IW has cover-based shootan and sneakan and XP relying on kills and "kills". Universal ammo is a game design sin but it's the lesser sin compared to the failings of nuDE.

don't tell me you're going to ware those headphones during a night operation?

I assumed that the events shook her or she was badly injured and she stopped being a pilot if you managed to save her.

bump

Knowing that the troops are in fact MJ12 from their way of idle chatter is ridiculous. Finding out about the Majestic Twelve conspiracy theory after finishing the Hell's Kitchen sewer stage was perplexing for a non-American.

The Universal ammo is the least of IW's problems. Some of the plot twists and level design are what hold it back, plus if you sneak around and head shot everyone the game is laughably easy.

This. I actually recommend playing DE in reverse quality order, so start with IW, then HR, and finally the original.