So play-asia wants people to know which weeb games are in demand here so that they could relay this information to...

So play-asia wants people to know which weeb games are in demand here so that they could relay this information to publishers. They make it sound like this only applies to upcoming games, but you never know.
What would you vote for?
We can also make this an import thread if you like.

Baldr Sky

inb4 a deluge of identical VN "games" are requested

Considering most VN games require more skill to beat than the newest CoD how can you sleep at night?

PHANTASY STAR NOVA FOR THE LOVE OF GOD PLEASE

FUCKING BASED

Tales of Innocence R and Omega Labyrinth, since both seem to be NEVER EVERs as far as the west goes, albeit for different reasons.

top kek. I fucking love these chinks.

That game is horrible though, and it doesn't even decent titties to make up for it. Why would you want to waste a localization?

rapelay

Persona 5?

EDF!EDF!EDF!

At this point, I'd say "all of them".

I'd take SAO-tier (sometimes) machine translation hilarity over "localization," aka censorship any day of the week.

all hentai games with actual gameplay

Skies of Arcadia,and Radiata Stories for the PC.

This is the only real answer

Guys, shouldn't we decide on one game, and then e-mail bomb them, to maximize our chances?

I don't really have any game I want from Japan, though. At least, not on any modern console.

Pressing A is hard

GUNDAM
BREAKER.

I wouldn't pick anything related to Nintendo because they'll probably get their grubby censorship hands on it in Japan anyway. They already redubbed Jap voicework for the English release of fiiia emburem.

I'm gonna ask for any Yakuza game and PSO2

Well then you can just do half an A press instead, it's better because you can use the beginning of the A press in an earlier level and just save the rest for when you need half of it.

Remind me, how the fuck you do half an A press again?

Luminous Arc Infinity

NieR Automata. On PC.

ALL OF THEM

Gundam Breaker 3 is already available in Asia English, dum dum.

The version of the game that's a year behind in content with a shit translation. Just use the english patched JP version instead.

>[email protected]/* */

Those cheeky motherfuckers.

Well it has to be for a region free system and it would be pointless to request something already coming in English

All I can think of is.
>[email protected]/* */

If only so the price will go down on the japanese version so I can practice nip

digimon next order

My fucking nigga

You dont unless you bend the meaning of the word "press"

YAKUZA
A
K
U
Z
A

What is this shit

Because it's 1 A-press in a full run, and 0 A-presses in a segmented run, so the term "half an A press" is a short form of saying, "In the full run it counts as one, in this segment it doesn't count at all but it's still important to mention because you need to release it in the beginning"

I think we know what game everyone would vote for

summon knight, of course

FUCKING DATING SIM RIGHT NOW NIGGA

This is a difficult decision to make. On one hand, I know basic 日本語 and anything with furigana is a no brainer to translate with a dictionary so I would want them to translate something complex, like Yakuza, or something with loads of text, like a Visual Novel, but the more complex it is the more work they will have as well, and they might opt out of any options that might seem too dauting.

There's also licensing costs and copyright problems to think about, like in [email protected]/* */ where licensing all those VAs and songs might just end being too expensive.

There's actually a surprisingly small number of games that we can realistically request.

Take panty shots with your camera and evade the police in a disapointingly empty open world with some dating sim elements in.

You press it and don't let go, since apparently a press isn't complete unless you release the button. Or something like that.

At this rate, I doubt we'll get anything from Play-Asia. Too many games, not enough attractive sales figures.

Metal Gear Pantsu. Although, I hear it's really boring - especially after the devs patched the scene editor so you can't make implicitly lewd screenshots.

I really wouldn't want to waste a localization on this. You also probably guessed right in calling it shit, when people would rather do the fishing mini-games rather than whatever the fuck you do in the main storyline.

I'd like that, honestly, even if Gust have stated they have zero interest in bringing it over West-side.

Fuuraiki 3, Ebikore+ Amagami and Photo Kano Kiss

This is the list I sent them;
Zettai Zetsumei Toshi 4 Plus: Summer Memories (Disaster Report 4)
Project City Shrouded in Shadow
Toukiden 2 (I just want a physical vita release)
Atelier titles (I want the vita versions without giving NISA money)
Neo Atlas 1469
Ciel nosurge
Natsuiro Highschool

FUCKING DATING SIM RIGHT NOW NIGGA

>There's also licensing costs and copyright problems to think about, like in [email protected]/* */ where licensing all those VAs and songs might just end being too expensive.

Play-Asia isn't telling them to localize the game, just to include english subtitles for asian version of the game so even though the game not officially release on the west, peoples can still import it. Its a smart marketing strategy since Play-Asia is one of the popular site to import games. More english asian version = more sales for them

THIS GAME

i should have learned nip instead of english

How good are the English language Asia releases? How was DOAX3 translation for example?

>buying pirate game

that's more retarded than buying a game

Some are a good, some are down right hilarious. DOAX3 is good since there isn't a lot of text, you can download the game game for free anyway. Sword Art Online is horribly funny because they translate it word for word.

I had a childhood too user.
Besides it was dirt cheap, like 60 cents, which was just a bit more than the cost of a DVD at the time.

Who said that?

This smug little bitch.

I'm thinking we'll get that eventually - Cyber Sluts sold well enough to justify if the decision is ever made.

If I had to pick a Digimon game, I'd ask for a collection of the Wonderswan games for a modern handheld/console/pc. Holy shit are those Never Evers.

Every fucking SEGA game, for the love of God.
Do you think there's a chance Play-Asia wants to become a publisher since they know there is a very vibrant market for UNCENSORED VIDYA?

Go to hell and take your shit taste with you

my fucking nigger

That sounds amazingly comfy.

Isn't Nova just PSO2: Shit Version?

More super robot wars games.

Kyoei Toshi is a spinoff where, instead of natural disasters, the cataclysms are of licensed characters (So far Godzilla, Ultraman and EVAs) fighting each other.

Nah it's a perfectly fine game. It's more singleplayer of course but it's really fun and has none of the animu bullshit from PSU, PSP, and PSP2.

OMEGA LABYRINTH

where are the ducking ports SEGA!?

None

Are there any english version of Langrisser and Growlanser? I would pay top dollar for those.

I'm surprised more people didn't mention this.

Theres a growlancer game for VIta? Didn't wayfarer of time or whatever got a western release?

Yakuza, Yakuza, and any fucking Sega game that isn't Sonic. I can't think of anyone that cares for Sonic anymore, even the fanbase moved on I think.

I just want all of them. I remember I had a list of all the games that I wanted in English, but of course I can't think of them now. Fire emblem 6 in english would be pretty cool too, even if I can just get a rom for it. Valkyria chronicles 2 and 3 would be nice too I guess.

EDF or Vanquish.

Or EX troopers but not really

Oh wait it's just english translations, in that case either EX troopers or PSO2

On the one hand, I want it too. On the other hand, I'm real tired of lolhighschoolkids. I know that's a nip thing but man, I just want a colorful game that also has more believable rather than anime characters.

Original Phantom dust for PC

OP said games

Speaking of play Asia. Pic related arrived a couple days ago, haven't gotten around to playing it but I'm wondering how bad is the translation?

Nigger what? VNs aren't fucking real games. Cod is a real game, no matter how shit it is but a vn isn't.

No, we'll get tons of shitty VNs because anons like don't actually play video games.

Is this any good? I've been thinking of buying the Nip version a few times, but I have heard mixed opinions about it.

Valkyria Chronicles 3 on PC
DOAX3 on PC

Don't forget that loli pirates game for the same reason.

Fucking [email protected]/* */

I'd play Cowadooty 1000 times before playing weebtrash once.

Apparently it's fine most of the time but at times it's clearly written by a, though largely fluent, non-native English person (weird pluralization and misused articles that can only be the result of that).

I don't know why it isn't happening with Platinum Stars. Starlight Stage has tons of western players and lord knows Bamco is more than capable of hiring some schmuck to add English subtitles to the game.

Licensing issues.

Music games are really weird to localize because they have to pay a whole lot for licensing all the music and VAs and stuff.

This thread is about English-language options in Asia releases.

Do asian releases not have the same issue? I thought licensing in Japan was Japan only.

[email protected]/* */ gets Asian releases as well.

This is why English subtitles would be a realistic request, they've already got the licensing issues down pat.

This is specifically for playstation titles, which aren't region locked, thus playable on your PS3/PSVita/PS4.

Oh my bad I thought it would be the same problem then yeah it should definitely get a subbed release. Still I would more want Omega Labyrinth and Genkai Tokki: Seven Pirates right now. There is no chance those games are coming out here in an acceptable state, and I prefer RPGs to rhythm games.

The main problem would be DLC, considering how eager bamco is with DLC on [email protected]/* */ games. Unless Sony figures something out about cross-region DLC(which I doubt will even happen because that's another can of worms to open up) then a lot of Asian PSN accounts are gonna be made along with a bunch of currency cards being sold.

That's fine I see no issue with that, people who are importing wouldn't have any problem setting up an account and buying some codes online. I think play-asia even sells them.

Someone please translate ex troopers for US 3ds

As much as I would fucking love to play EX troopers sadly I think it's chance is gone.

Learn Nipponese.

I'm slightly proud Holla Forums, we need more yakuza though.

Yeah, it's a shit version. Basically just the same two fields over and over and over again with a linear path and no environmental traps or hazards. There's rocks and shit that you can jump over, but absolutely no reason to actually do it - especially since they added these "halo" things which are basically just elevated standing platforms which put you in reach of weak points.

There's shit for content, you have to capture monsters like a fucking MonHun game (in Phantasy Star for fucks sake) - but it's only like 4 "boss" type enemies you can actually capture. You also bring back that cancer from PSU where you have to hunt materials to make your weapons. And to make matters worse, you don't have a unified save like you do in PSP2i, so you can't transfer items to your other characters. You have to hunt all materials for all items on each character individually.

So yeah… it's basically just Phantasy Star's attempt at making a MonHun game, but giving the player next to no content (it was made before PSO2 Ep II came out, and has less content Ep I PSO2) and having horrible scaling problems (even worse than v.2 Ultimate mode for the DC) because they just jammed an ultimate mode in post lvl 100 as a part of post-release content.

The art direction is really the only thing the game has really going for it.

The combat isn't as well fleshed out as PSP2i, it doesn't have the breadth of content, it doesn't have online multiplayer, you can't bring your other characters in as NPCs, you have to charge fucking techs like PSZero, weapon types are extremely limited - so you don't even get a great diversity in gameplay styles. To make matters worse, they basically just invented a new class which is all classes/all weapons/all techs in one - so you don't even have a good reason to play as anything other than the Braver class except to get skill unlocked.

It's a rushed shit show, and I'm sorry I wasted my money on it.

The nurse and the robo-secretary are pretty cute though. At least it has that.

I just want to be the producer of my waifu. Is that so much to ask?

Would you take care of her "needs" or would you keep her pure? Though keeping her pure would risk her seeking out someone else.

She's my waifu, so taking care of her "needs" is sort of the point.

I dunno some people prefer 2D because they can never be touched.

I get that sentiment, and actually shared that view for the first 3 months of me being with her.

aka the adventures of loli pirate and penis seal
YES PLEASE!
i have high hopes that there will be an eng asia version, seeing that there were eng asia versions of every other game in the series.

How is she your waifu if you've never played any of the games? Seems like a shallow relationship there.

Don't you make custom idols in [email protected]/* */?

Really? Awesome I've heard nothing about these games until this one.

Nope.

FUCKING YAKUZA

I just fell in love with her. I can't help it. Plus, there's the animoo.

THIS

Who is it?

Isn't Sony just funding localizing those games now?

zero is on its way but way late, and i don't know anything about kenzan/ishin/6 getting worked on

I don't like to say.

I'm sure 6 will be announced after 0. Kenzan and Ishin probably won't come out here though.

And 5
I WANT 5

life is shit

dude, 5s been out in the west since december but its digital only

5 came out last year man just only digitally.

I wonder if they'll even bother after 0 comes out. I doubt we'll get the feudal Japan spinoffs, but I want to know if 6 or Kiwami will come out.

5 physical release never ever. Shame that it needs to take up 20 fucking gb.

Eh PS3 lets you use whatever hard drive and you can get a 1TB drive for like 50$ now.

I know, its just I have an 12 gig ps3 and Australian Internet

Wait, really? Had no idea about that. Maybe I'll do that one of these days, since having about 120gb isn't enough anymore, especially thanks to system installs.

bringing kiwami to the west could be a smart way to try to get the gaijins into the series again

but sega never gives the localizations any advertisement and releases them at horrible times. yakuza 3 not only suffered localization issues but came out the same day as FF13, and yakuza 4 was sandwiched between big AAA names like dragons age 2 and crysis 2

Nice digits, didn't Yakuza 3 or 4 also come out the same day as Red Dead

It's a fucking mediocre beat em up with gay japanese humor and shitty minigames.
It has great music and that's that.
Why are you faggots all over its dick? Way of the Samurai is the same shit, but I don't see you fapping over itself the same way.

Try to look for Japanese popstars on US YouTube and you have your answer.

STUPID QUESTION

Where would I look to see all the great games from Japan that were never released out west?

Is there a site or chart or something handy?

Yakuza already got released in Asia, they learn how to speak moon and the english is only for poor SEA niggers like Thailand. Also Play-Asia is a legit scam since they mark up their prices than most stores.