Room temperature superconductors discovered

dark times ahead, friends.

arxiv.org/abs/1603.01482

Other urls found in this thread:

voterrecords.com/voter/29013040/ivan-kostadinov
youtube.com/watch?v=Ws6AAhTw7RA
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Imagine if someone discovered this that wasn't concerned with making money.
We'd have post scarcity in a few months tops.

Why is this a big deal?

50 cent army detected

Room temperature superconductors allow for a huge upgrade to virtually all existing electronics. Superconductors allow for electricity to be transfered without losing much energy, but most only work at super low or super high temperatures, and that costs energy. Room temperature superconductors however, would allow virtually all electronics to use much less power. It might even be possible to end the energy crisis just by upgrading all current electronics and generators.
In addition to that, room temperature superconductors will help in the development of better levitation, better sensors, and could allow for interesting new data storage mediums.

wot

When two strong magnets that have the same charge come in contact it can cause levitation because the force of electromagnetism is stronger than the force of gravity.

>offer the state bourgy 10% of the profit

>>>Holla Forums

This is total bullshit lel

Please try to understand what you're talking about when you say things.

Superconductor levitation has to do with how it interacts with magnetic field lines. Either they are held with flux pinning where the superconductor "squeezes" the magnetic field lines together to hold onto them, much like the pinning force you'd get from holding a bunched group of taut strings, or from a total exclusion of all magnetic lines.

Funny that you say this, China is working on portable nuclear reactors right now.

UNRUHE WAS RIGHT

Holy shit, it finally happened. This will revolutionize the economy.

Is this the author?
voterrecords.com/voter/29013040/ivan-kostadinov

If so, it might be nice for someone to give him a knock and gently persuade him to release his patent

i call bs

No fucking way did they discover room temp super conductors
I'm also calling bullshit on the em drive

Tell me, what is the cost of implementing those in all electronics? Can you tell me if mass production would even be feasible?

Good riddance, the last thing we need is to develop a perfect technological system where humanity itself will become obsolete.

???

thats literally communism

I don't think you know what that phrase means.

fucking capitalism reeeeeeeeeeeeeee

we already have these as carbon nanotubes
that's very impressive though

Who else gets the feeling that we officially reached the point where we live in a real Sci Fi Movie about a 18-24 months ago?

I mean, a movie in the 90s about today would be realistic sci fi
Em drive, self driving cars, cost effective solar, factories working in the dark, seeing beginning's of automation driven unemployment, seeing beginning effects of climate change, drone warfare, hacking and leaks always in the news, endless war, economy on the brink of collapse, recession that never ended.
Sounds pretty sci-fi (although the em drive is probably bullshit)

Nice for calling bullshit.
No, we don't have a very big reason to believe him. After all, he did not dare to say what the letters A-E actually were.
But if he actually discovered a 373 K superconductor, it makes sense he did that.
Meanwhile there was a considerable amount of effort put in to make that paper look legit. Plus, the guy did a lot of other physics research.
This might very well be real. I can't imagine a good reason for putting that much effort in it to lie about it afterwards. And although it sounds too good to be true, it's probably true.
Here's what'll happen: the patent comes out, interest will come from the semiconductor industry or energy company whatever techy group. New research follows to find other similar materials, which aren't patent-encumbered. That will take ~5 years, less if there's a lot of hype and money thrown in, more if intel and nvidia are ok with the monopoly they're having and amd can't find funds and motivation to do it. Maybe because of similar reasons.
A lot of new research will be sparked for practical applications of the thing, which means a nice boost of consumer tech and a lessening of the electricity scarcity problem.
If only we had some better batteries and maybe fusion or better solar panels (good luck with that, practical fusion will take 30 yrs and solar panels are shite, which will only change with a big technological breakthrough) (this discovery might help)

I hope so

You're talking about Quantum Locking, yes?

youtube.com/watch?v=Ws6AAhTw7RA