The USSR wasn't Imperialist

Where did this meme come from? Is it just willful ignorance on the part of tankies?

Why is their only defense "le bourgeois propaganda" and "liberal" whenever you bring up the fact that the Soviets politically dominated and exploited Eastern Europe much in the same way NATA exploited the old European colonies and the new, neo-colonialist regimes?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1951_Polish–Soviet_territorial_exchange
marxists.org/archive/cliff/works/1948/stalruss/ch09.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Can't really blame them.
Every capitalist country that hopes to achieve wealth is forced to be imperialist.

I suppose so. Also the cynical "buffer State" rationale

Gonna need a citation for the claim that the Soviets were net extractors of wealth from Eastern Europe.

Even if they weren't extracting wealth they were still subjugating them politically.

If there was no economic exploitation then it wasn't imperialism. Learn to read.

Just the opposite as I recall

Please tell me how Switzerland is imperialist.

im·pe·ri·al·ism
imˈpirēəˌlizəm/
noun
a policy of extending a country's power and influence through diplomacy or military force.

Imperialism is a primarily economic fenomenon, one could argue that The USSR became Imperialist after the Khrushevite division of labour within the eastern bloc.

com·mu·nism
[kom-yuh-niz-uh m]
(often initial capital letter) a system of social organization in which all economic and social activity is controlled by a totalitarian state dominated by a single and self-perpetuating political party.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1951_Polish–Soviet_territorial_exchange

Go ahead, tell me how this is not economic exploitation.

One of its main sources of wealth is managing the plundered riches of tinpot dictators who are in their turn the agents of western imperialists.

are you serious nigger?

Is there anything that devil didn't do? I bet it was him who assassinated Stalin in the first place.

Is this a joke? Nearly all of this happened because of WWII

tankies btfo yet again

switzerland is definitely embedded in international imperialism.

"no"

this is coming from a guy living in Switzerland and lemme tell you, Switzerland is directly profiting from international capital having their HQs here, the same enterprises which are lobbying for imperialist interventions.

Eastern-European countries hardly could determine their own economic policies (a.k.a. '56, '68)…

switzerland only cares about the money, regardless of the source and their objectives.
there's no bigger national ideology. it's just the bank.

The Soviet Union was so imperialistic that its "colonies" had better standards of living than the metropole.

kek

marxists.org/archive/cliff/works/1948/stalruss/ch09.htm

Pro tip: Lenin is the only person to write a definition of imperialism.

so?