Let's play some fucking Wurm Unlimited. The promised land of Broschwitz Broxit is looking for shabbos goyim manly man

Let's play some fucking Wurm Unlimited. The promised land of Broschwitz Broxit is looking for shabbos goyim manly man.
We currently have lost count on how many members we have of our village.
Best of all, it's completely free. No level restrictions, plus boosted rates compared to Wurm Online.
4x Action speed and 4x Skill gain6x Action speed and 3x Skill gain (net 12.5% faster)

New client: mega.nz/#!CFhzyTwA!9iODdZa5ICE1k9xsnZ7q8oMlzoUCHGz87StMlVkOEas
Torrent Hash: 700bbcc83d0abdda15c072c7d53779becc9ffec6

BACK UP YOUR PLAYERFILES AND SMARTSTEAMEMU FOLDERS BEFORE UPDATING/REINSTALLING THE CLIENT
If you've played before you will lose your character if you don't

MAKE SURE TO EDIT YOUR GAMESETTINGS.TXT, YOU HAVE TO DO THIS
Wurm Unlimited\WurmLauncher\PlayerFiles\configs\default
use_nagles_algorithm from false to true
censor_chat from true to false
Copy gamesettings.txt to your player profile folder just to be on the safe side

BACK UP YOUR PLAYERFILES AND SMARTSTEAMEMU FOLDERS BEFORE UPDATING/REINSTALLING THE CLIENT
If you've played before you will lose your character if you don't

IP Address: 13.92.83.205 : 3724 Not really, we are making a new one, not online yet though
Server homepage: wurmian.cloudapp.net/

MODS: wurmian.cloudapp.net/mods/client-mods/
There are more mods, but got to search for them manually

Q: "I don't know how to play! What do I do?"
A: wurmpedia.com/index.php/Main_Page

Give Trenhal permissions to your house so he can expand the village deed

Polls
==New settlement name== poal.me/ygjj2a
New server action/skill rates poal.me/9sx2lh
New server kingdom poal.me/9k3n3j
How to get our skills back: poal.me/kk9xpp

Current status on new server
* Someone managed to get a pirate friendly server running, but he is not the one paying for the hosting
* The one paying for the hosting fucked up and made a shitty server, but everything indicates that he can just delete his shit and copy the piratebro server to get it working
* Right now we have skills.class modded to get 2000 sleep bonus multiplier as a test, I will find out how to disable natural gain of sleep bonus when sleeping and eating sleeping powder if the test works (can server bro test that already?) (just open the server.jar with 7zip and replace the skills.class with the modded one, keep a backup of the orignal server to use it after the 1-3 weeks of modded sleep bonus)
File here: dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/178658416/Skill.class

Other urls found in this thread:

wurmian.cloudapp.net/mods/server-mods/
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/178658416/wurm classes/SteamHandler.class
wurmpedia.com/index.php/The_Curve
forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/135285-released-improved-improve-for-agos-mod-loader-client/
poal.me/kk9xpp
jd.benow.ca/
pastebin.com/CXUEZg23
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

The MN9 of game servers.

COME AND PLAY FAGGOTS, IT'S UP
13.92.83.205 : 3724

Can't this just be a backup plan? Can't we just play on the current server until it shits itself again?

I approve this bread

no

And why not? The current server is in better condition than it has been for a week.

Fuck off, WRC works just fine.

If you don't see a problem with that statement.

You're literally a shill, it's probably in a better condition because nobody is there!

lmao are you underage or just plain retarded?

We've pretty much figured out the cause of the lag; it happens at regular intervals from between 11 to 1 AM EST.

Every other time is pretty much fine.

The sooner you two retards stop trying to coax people back into a dead server the sooner we can get the other one off the ground.

But the server isn't dead, far from it. That's the point we are trying to make.

Thanks for confirming that someone not only underage but also retarded shitposts in the Wurm thread.

Keep parroting that listen and believe bullshit you got there, famio.

The only reason WRC can be considered alive is because we make up 95% (made up?) of its population, tbqh.

Right, so as soon as people stop being retarded and jump back in the server, everything will be back to normal.

And any new server anyone sets up will be even less alive.

lets see yours kiddo.

Basically underage, then.

Just go to the usual one.

get the fuck out

Thanks for the exif data, based millennial retardkun.

You can play in the old one RIGHT FUCKING NOW or wait >days for the other one to be in running condition.

come get me boy.

No, I want to stay on our current server.

You would love that, faggot, but unfortunately for you I'm too busy playing the game to even leave my chair.

Yeah, I'd love tie the long hair on your head too the short hair on your ass and kick you down the street like a wagon wheel boy.

Client keeps saying denied: use letters a to z only which I am doing. I got on once fine now it won't let me back on

This only furthers my suspicions that people who go around screaming SHILL SHILL and typing like idiots are basically children, if not actual ones.

What's up with this autism as of late?

just people being retards and believing the shitposters

Thanks for all of the drama and ruining everything, new serb fags. I hope everything you do in the future fails and turns into shit.

The only thing that's ruined is the shit WRC server.

Nothing is ruined and nothing is dead, faggot. Everyone is just patiently waiting for the new server that isn't run by a retarded russian.

this

that's still a week away, at least

>[19:41:29] Digging decreased to 1

Where do you faggots get these estimates from?

I'm in a similar position. I know I could go on the russerb and grind my stats like nothing has changed but the fact that a new serb is coming and so many people want to switch to it makes me question why bother? I might as well watch chinese cartoons or play some other vidya while waiting instead.

if you fags just want contrived drama, you should go make a twitter account with your buddy nk

I was told that skill imports weren't possible.

They aren't

server isn't dead. Don't know why certain butthurt whiners can't accept that all servers have issues, and that beggars can't be choosers. Downtime is to be expected for any server, but all this creating new servers is doing, is further dividing us up. You faggots that want to use new servers are like the guys who said Holla Forums was dead and flocked to shit sites like Masterchan, Freech, Reddit and Something Awful.

not everyone is a NEET that can spend all his time on trying to get it up and running
the one server could only take people who bought the game and the other had problems with the admin being a retard and not turning off the Home server option resulting in the event log being spammed
then there is the map that has to be made, or is server admin going to take a premade map from somewhere else?
will there only be one or two server maps? each map takes many hours to make from scratch due to the fact that the map generator program is a piece of shit

I could offer myself up to do the character database, which would take around 1 to 2 days depending on how fast everyone submits their skilltab
I also have to look more in depth at where exactly the character stats are stored

Anyone got an idea?

They are, but they're saved as a plain text file (seriously) so anons could just add 20 levels to all of their skills if they wanted to. Do you honestly trust the nigs we have around here?

Putting up with shit admins and a nonfunctional server because "m-muh division" as opposed to moving to a superior server is more akin to the 4chan/Holla Forums schism, you fucking cuck.

The actual functional server I'm talking about had neither of those problems. It worked perfectly, but the owner has yet to appear again.

Actually the server that had the event log being spammed was the same one that wouldn't allow pirated version.

The pirate server worked just fine and the admin found and resolved the issue with duplicate authentications on the same night that he first started the server.

So we actually have a completely functional pirate server. The admin said he was taking it down to build the map, apply the mods and make sure our requested settings are working. The last reply from Piradmin was roughly a day ago.

We don't know if Piradmin is a NEET or not, we have no idea what the status of the changes are either. However we do know that he offered to transfer 2 skills from your character to the new server. What this means is that people can continue to play on Serb without completely losing their progress.

That means not only do you NOT have to be patient, but if everything goes tits up atleast you still have the ruskie serb to play on. If, after all this, you still don't want to play because Ivan is a shit admin then that's perfectly okay. But don't pretend that the situation is a hopeless clusterfuck when in reality we're making steady progress.

Do either of you actually have a point, or just meme arrows and ebin reaction images?

Do they need a point when they have a server?

Gonna try to set something up more elaborate than fucking bytecode editing

Man if you guys get your own server running i'm gonna come and make sure the whole fucking map is littered with those!

You're trying too hard. Don't do that.

As long as that includes characteristics, I'm happy if I can keep my mining and pickaxe skill.

Okay, just 1 big one will do which is made of hundreds of smaller ones

One good thing to come out of all this is we have a solid list of shitlers to ban from the new server.

If only Nissin knew.

Literally Reddit: the server. If any such niggerly list ever came into existence, you deserve to be at the very top.

Don't forget the "we can get banned any moment guis" narrative these retards have been pushing to make people stop playing the game.

I think >she would've liked to know the locations of those forests yesterday when she went on a 10 hour trip to find some olive trees or something

welp, I guess I will keep the classes I am not using as .class and only fix the classes I am going to modify

This is my biggest concern about the new server besides the chance that it'll be even more unstable than WRC. If the admin turn out to be a faggot like this guy it'll be terrible. WRC has its problems but the admins are pretty chill.

The guy who literally said one more fuck up and everybody is banned. You are one delusional lying piece of trash lemme tell you.

When did he ever say anything like that?

DSP is that you?

supposedly when Zogbot went retard and tried to deforest the area around the argentum settlement

I'm starting to think that 1c3919 is dragunov

After zogbot also started shitting on them in WRC chat. Give the full story.

Someone asked him to deforest the area. I don't think he knew it was norman land.

he knew, he even talked to the guy

Man if you're going to grief at least do it right

I stopped playing and left Trump Tower to gather dust, Someone take over in the new town and build a greater one. Do gods work.

Zogbot did not shit on them in WRC chat. You faggots need to fuck off with shit, were you even there? He simply kept his spine and did not immediately cower and apologize for something that was not against the rules to begin with.

The admin simply said he "can't fix ass :s" anything then caved to the continued whining of the normalfags.

or mention the football game against Germany

7x1 was brazil not argentina

what's the difference?

Gonna test this shit as soon as I finish downloading the legit client

If this works, I can change anything in the server, just ask and I will check how hard it is to do

I miss the old days, when the village was alive with 40+ people in it. If the new server ever starts existing, I'll jump on it ASAP.

IT WORKS

Be less obvious with your shilling. There are 14 people on including me right now. Why would you lie like that just to get control of people's gaming experience?

You sound like your footwork's shit and you've got the balance and patience of a little girl.

All hail Piradmin. Do you have any updates on the map? Do you want people to generate their own and submit or something?

There's alot of anons here that can help out, especially when it comes to voting on things.

reminder that if you're still clinging to this shit server you're the reason people are leaving because of MUH SKILLS

FUCKING CHEEKY NANDO
he got it working

Also if you guys wanna submit some maps, do it, get creative, default maps are low energy

the plan still to have PVP server and invite cuckchan/leddit for epic wars?

Oh yeah. PVP and shill Plebit cucks

God tier PvE > PvP

I'll pass.

I know Holla Forums is Reddit extension but please stop.

Just ignore the tards in thread, it's much better in-game. Go 13.92.83.205 and have fun, join Broschwitz. If you feel like joining the epic meme server when it's up and running, do that.

pve is for casuals

why not both?

probably for the best, in my opinion. I mean, we literally, LITERALLY, have some of those "1v1 me faggot" kids in this thread. I almost died inside when I saw this post

Enjoy the player vs offline and some people on exotic mounts ;^) rushing your farmers every 30 minutes, I know I will.

I think you've forgotten the fact that half of the tards in the thread are the people in-game.

More than half, but right now they're not the ones in-game on the server I suggested, and they tend to be less tarded in game.

i played on the PVP servers in WO and on the legit WU servers, shit can be fun in open battle skirmishes and when people are defending/attacking deeds. Ide rather have that then advanced minecraft 101

Would you pick a shitposter that's actually playing the game discussed in the thread or the one that isn't?

Piratebro here, will be working on getting Richfag's server working tonight. Apologies for not being a filthy NEET.

If you want to play Wurm in the meantime, enjoy WRC while it lasts. We're going to put them out of business.

What should I use for map generation?

Looking good! Can you ditch the Steam authorization?

reminder that you need to be 18+ to post on this board

nah, the tards are all busy boycotting vidya

Can we pay now for Early Access? These large promises ahead of time sound wonderful.

Since we're getting a new server, I suppose it's time I finally come clean.

To whoever used to own it back in the old map, I nigged your rare small anvil from Brosmouth and have had it with me ever since the exodus.

Instead of getting the server working I should probably make a trailer showing how great it'll be. There are 200 slots, reserve yours today for 100 TrumpCoin!

If I donate over $20,000 can I get a 3rd skill started at 50?

No, the 25k reward tier is dinner with the Badmin. Act fast, it's pizza night.

Post updates please. My autism can barely handle this blueballing

Jeer and whine all you like, I complained until shit happened.

The best part?

It was all a Zanzibar ploy to fuck over everyone for DFC.

^ this doesn't even have to be true and people will believe it anyways.

Richbro server isn't just a Windows box, so no RDP. It's running TCAdmin, breddy locked down. I'm trying to get it to do other things with scheduled tasks because the thing called Web Console does fuck all.

Holla Forums confirmed worse than 12 year old girls when it comes to gossip.

We're inching closer, Piradmin posted trawling through a Java editor, we have sleep bonus buffed now, everything else will soon follow

Codebro, Piradmin and Richfag are 3 different faggots.

It'll all quiet down once the promise land has been established I'll be a good goy then.

Get your conspiracy theories up to date goy, people playing the game are shills.

The server that was purchased cannot run a pirate-friendly Wurm server, at least not the way I was.

Anybody got a Windows box sitting around?

Alright, so which mods?

Do we just want everything WRC uses? wurmian.cloudapp.net/mods/server-mods/

That's the plan.

We should take this moment to browse for some additional mods as well. Is there a list?

What's the minimum shit that starting areas need?

A guard tower and traders and one of those bartenders.

A guy that sells deeds.

I am not piratemin, I am the dude messing with the server code

But I like your idea anyways, do it

I played with map generation, it's grim. I expected something ready to go, like DF…

I was going to go with something premade.

Gonna try that right now, but I am not a NEET either, so if I can't do it quickly, you guys are going to have to wait for a while

yes, it was way easier than it should be

The thing is, how do you install mods? do you replace .class files in the server.jar? If this is the case, I will need to apply the 20x sleep bonus on the modified server.jar, to avoid conflicts

Anyways, steam handler.class
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/178658416/wurm classes/SteamHandler.class
replace it at com\wurmonline\server\steam\

I think that's going to work.

Pirate server should set sail within 48 hours.

There is a modloader somewhere. I think that'll be safer.

I just confirmed
Sleep bonus affects characteristics, but does not affect fighting skill

at 200000 sleep bonus multiplier, a couple of trees put me to 70 str, but a huge spider put me from 10 to 10.23 fighting skill

if the mod loader just 'replaces' the classes without actually changing the files (something in the lines of loading xyz class from this jar, and abc class from the original jar) the problem still persists, you couldn't have two mods changing skill.class at once

Also
wurmpedia.com/index.php/The_Curve
is fucking retarded, we didn't get this shit on the WRC server, this shit will fucking break the game

At 30 weapon skill I get 50 effective skill or so, and with 20x sleep bonus, I can get to 30 super fucking fast, hell, even without

I suggest we mod this shit out, I just need to find the formula and replace it with 1

On the other hand, The Curve provides instant gratifications. If we want other people to join the server to have something worth raiding, then that would help keep them interested even while their houses are being burned down.

tbh having interesting mods would work better for getting people interested.

The one I want the most is being able to dig dirt into the cart and use dirt from the cart and/or boxes within, I know it's possible because one of the servers we were suggesting migrating to have this implemented, but I think they made themselves rather than just downloading from somewhere

You faggots should start asking for stuff, so I can check how hard it is to do

Also, by default, leveling and flattening is not affected by action speed, it might be one of the things 'improved dig' mod does

Find me a girlfriend ;_;

One thing I always wanted changed is stuff like how using cedar wood makes stuff decay 20% slower, oak takes 10% less damage etc. The bonuses seem too small to really give a shit about them.

sounds super easy to change, I will check when I can, right now I am working and can't do much besides read/reply the thread

rebalancing the weapons sounds like something cool to do too

Maybe even making staff viable

Fucking casual.

Nothing wrong about buffing wood bonuses :^)

forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/135285-released-improved-improve-for-agos-mod-loader-client/

For those who don't want to read, it allows for any tool on the toolbelt to be selected automatically to imp items in your inventory or a forge. It would give us a reason to have better toolbelts for the crafters. I'd prefer that we don't cheat and use the toolbelt mod so that a leatherworker will have one more thing to do

I already use a macro that selects the item via image recognition, the only difference is that this one would let me do it with the wurm window minimized rather than having to have it visible at all times to be able to read the pixels.

Also, this one is a client mod, I am asking for people to propose server mods that does not exist yet, or changes to existing ones

People really wanted that mmospawn thing, right? Might be a good idea for the new server.

what's that?

Oh, wew I had no idea.

Would it be possible for you to make traders that travel around instead of just having them sit in a hub? It would be neat we had a reason to make highways and the occasional guard tower so that the traders could move along them to a town.

I think it was something about mobs spawning like a normal mmo so they didn't become crusaded to death, but I don't know the specifics, either.

Yes

But would take ages to do this one, it would involve traders detecting settlements and pathfinding to them, that's non-trivial.

I could look into it, but I plan to play nonstop once the server opens, rather than coding mods

Anti-casual ideas:

Dang, I'd rather make my own wurm-clone in unity than trying to code any of that as a mod

running out of food/water might actually be easy to do though

but keep the ideas coming, an easy to make might appear soon enough

Sorry for being a bit ignorant but it's not clear to me whether there's a server up besides WRC. If not, is it worth playing on WRC till the new server goes up?

Can unity even handle terrain this big?

Now the true challenge begins.

it's just a mesh, anything can

It could be something like modifying a sign as a point of travel so that you need road signs leading a trader to the town that the trader could walk along and back when going between a settlement and trading post. After that you'd need something to set the schedule for travel and something to make them stay to conduct trade

see

all of this involves messing with the database code (adding waypoints, setting which sign points to which sign, scheduling, etc)
this WILL take a lot of time

Why don't the 8 people who want to go Hordes of Darkness just do that and kick all you milky lickin Mol-Rehan boys ass?

At least I finally found an excuse to grind thatching all the way.

Here's the shitty cuck mcmansion I did an all nighter for. Before that only the first floor was done (and then no tower base or stable). Special thanks to Peasant especially for doing the pottery brick floors so I didn't have to grind paving and all the other folks who helped me out time to time with materials and grind bypassing.

As if Oak sprouts were hard to get.

A bucket is still the most viable water container in the game after 23 body str and lasts you for hours.

You need less than a dozen of grass tiles to eat at +20 foraging. Everything is easy to kill which means you can make meals for days. For water, see previous point.

A problem 5 minutes into the game.

Standard Guards/Wraiths alone can now fend off a non venerable+champ troll, nice.

Not a problem for HOTS :^).

Free fighting skill.

Happy little starting areas done.

Bringing in the mods.

What mods are you using anyways?

Starting with wurmian.cloudapp.net/mods/server-mods/

just got one of those mods and edited it to see how they work

holy shit I can't make one of those things

We are still going to do the 5 hours of 20x sleep bonus? unfortunately, that one will have to be made by editing the server.jar, unless I find a tutorial to make mods, and soon

I can take a look at it, I'm rather fluent in java. However, it'll have to wait until tomorrow.

Well, I already got it working, it's a simple edit in Skill.class and PlayerInfo.class

The issue is that, in it's current form, it's not compatible with the mod loader

Yeah, that's what I mean.

Maybe you were inspired to slack off.

Continuing an incomplete item with a rare one has a 1% chance of making it rare. Just like it has a 1% chance when imping it so if you want something to be rare fucking imp with rare materials you retard.

Give me a list of items that could have been improved with a slab.

and you faggots still complain

that will be for a total of 5 hours, while it's impossible to acquire any more sleep bonus, to get the skills you had on WRC.
1800 hours of normal wurm grinding done in 5 hours
or 62.5 hours of WRC grinding done in 5 hours

the sleep bonus is to stop neets from going super ahead of non neets if we were to increase the rates instead, that way we can make sure that everyone gets the same amount of boosted rates as everyone else

your nutrition

The moment of inspiration is a lie. Do not be fooled.

You always get a moment of inspiration when attaching rare items.

I noticed.

I've been deceived

Imping only works if it consumes the entire item.
So if you have a rare 24k log and you imp a billion times with it, only the last imp attempt counts.

then, a rare hammer will only make a rare item if it is at 99.99 damage and breaks or something?

Sounds fair to me.

Who asked for this?

I don't want that on the server…

You missed the proper calculation. And it won't be permanent, anyway. Look here:

Man, I hate looking at this fucking code, it only makes me want to make my own wurm clone instead of messing with this shit
if ((chance == 0) || (chance

Defensive programming, man.

being drunk reduces the chance of crafting stuff

Also:
if ((act.getRarity() != 0) || ((depleteSource) && (realSource.getRarity() > 0)) || ((depleteTarget) && (realTarget.getRarity() > 0))) { performer.playPersonalSound("sound.fx.drumroll"); }

If the 'action of creating a item is rare', or 'the source is rare and will deplete' or 'the target is rare and will deplete'
play drums

yet it does nothing else besides play drums, not even increase a counter or anything, it does nothing

I will check if this conditions happens again later on the craft method

Those superfluous para-

You are all so gullible

so so so gullible

if ((act.getRarity() > rarity) && (Server.rand.nextInt(getTotalNumberOfItems()) == 0)) rarity = act.getRarity(); if ((depleteSource) && (rarity > rarity) && (Server.rand.nextInt(getTotalNumberOfItems()) == 0)) rarity = rarity; if ((depleteTarget) && (rarity > rarity) && (Server.rand.nextInt(getTotalNumberOfItems()) == 0)) rarity = rarity;

behold, you will NEVER EVER make a rare item

if the action is a rare action, and random(0 to total_items_in_sever) == 0, item is as rare as the action
or if the source will deplete AND FALSE fuck you never gonna happen
or if the target will deplete AND FALSE fuck you never gonna happen

These rarity > rarity conditions might be a decompiler error, but I doubt it, considering that previously there were some source.getRarity() and stuff

That means that your chances if making a rare item is: Action is rare (not sure of what it means) and (1 in as many items as there are in the server).

This is the real rare calculation, it's not 1% on your mother birthday, it's 0.0001% or some shit when the action is rare (which is probably always)

fucking hell, gonna fix the post

You are all so gullible

so so so gullible

if ((act.getRarity() > rarity) && (Server.rand.nextInt(getTotalNumberOfItems()) == 0)) rarity = act.getRarity();if ((depleteSource) && (rarity > rarity) && (Server.rand.nextInt(getTotalNumberOfItems()) == 0)) rarity = rarity;if ((depleteTarget) && (rarity > rarity) && (Server.rand.nextInt(getTotalNumberOfItems()) == 0)) rarity = rarity;

behold, you will NEVER EVER make a rare item

if the action is a rare action, and random(0 to total_items_in_sever) == 0, item is as rare as the action

or if the source will deplete AND FALSE fuck you never gonna happen

or if the target will deplete AND FALSE fuck you never gonna happen

These rarity > rarity conditions might be a decompiler error, but I doubt it, considering that previously there were some source.getRarity() and stuff

That means that your chances if making a rare item is: Action is rare (not sure of what it means) and (1 in as many items as there are in the server).

This is the real rare calculation, it's not 1% on your mother birthday, it's 0.0001% or some shit when the action is rare (which is probably always)

fuck, wrong password, can't delete this

WHY WOULD ANYONE DO THIS

I love how the consequence of the last two israrity = rarity;

Nah, that works for items like logs, dirt, rock shards, lumps,…
Basically items that will get consumed. For tools it follows the 1% rule.

correction
getTotalNumberOfItems() is total number of items required to make the item
meaning that a tower will return 1103 and a plank will return 1

yeah, that's why i assume one of these should be item.getRarity()
so I assume that the java decompiler fucked up, rather than the devs

still looking for the 1% thingy
also, only the very last item created by a rare log will be rare, the last plank, for instance, the one which causes the log to cease to exist

Actually looking at it again that's no big deal because it only happens if(rarity > rarity)

This is why I never shit my pants over rare ore or planks. If you want a rare tool, your best bet is to make thousands of said tool, that's the best method. Rare materials are worth jack shit.

if you get just right, the tool head (which depletes the ingot) will be rare (this needs to be very precise, the head MUST deplete the ingot)
then you will have 50% chance to get a rare tool using said rare head, 75% chance if the shaft/handle/etc is also rare

If you DEPLETE the rare ingot being used to improve, there is a 1% to pass the rarity

if the action to improve is rare, there is a 20% chance to pass the rarity

Using rare tools DO NOT have any effect on making the target item rare when improving, since the tools are never depleted

also, rare handles/shafts have 50% chance of making rare tools

So would a rare tool head and rare handle be 100%?

His previous post already clarified that. it's 75% for both.

Oh, I can't read.

Wait, I'm confused. Are we still transferring 2 skills each? And if not, is there some magical way to prevent people getting more sleep bonus on this new server?

Because if you can still log out in a bed for sleep bonus and those rates remain the same, it'll mean that it's actually faster to level everything by simply not playing and staying logged out.

WRC rates were already fast as shit.

not exactly set in stone
because it's two instances of 'random number from 0 to total_materials(2 for tools) == 0'
0 to 2 will return either 0 or 1, it's [from, to)
50% * 50% = 75%

for those who don't know coding
// preceding lines makes them be ignored by the compiler (same as being deleted)

meaning that every call to increase the sleep bonus time will be ignored

I would need to look if this conflicts to the 'set sleep bonus to 5 hours on start up because the crashed flag is active'
and how that works for people who are already logged in versus those who just created the character

That's all good and well, but it still raises the issue that everyone on the current server is losing everything. I, personally, am okay with that. But I don't see why we have to boost the shit out of our rates all of a sudden.

Furthermore are you even able to force sleep bonus to effect ALL skills, because there's a few very important things that it won't work on at all. The same things that the epic curve wouldn't effect.

Possibly, I can
But I probably won't

I know for one that fighting skill is not affected by that
but characteristics are (tested with 200000 sleep bonus multiplier and went to 70 str in about 5 trees)

You deserve it.

Then why not just ignore this sleep bonus tweak altogether? The way I see it, we've got two choices. We either carry over a pair of skills like Piradmin suggested, allowing people to retain a very VERY limited specialty thus promoting teamwork.

Or we wipe everything clean. If the whole point of the sleep bonus tweak is to allow an 'even playing field' for all involved then having it NOT apply its effect to all skills means that it has already failed in its goal and the purpose behind it is instead something completely different.

Heck if the bonus is applied on character creation what's to stop people making specialty alts and essentially maintaining a full hermit lifestyle at the same pace and productivity of a full town?

After some testing at 60x rates that it took me 20 minutes to get to 45 skill in mining, which on epic, is effectively 70 skill, in another 20 minutes I could get to 70 effective weaponsmithing/armoursmithing/blacksmithing and have 70QL shit in an hour, if I had an iron source of appropriate QL. In 5 hours, I could make a character that could do everything by himself, so I'm not really a fan of the sleep bonus idea.

60x skill gain and 6x action timers, I mean.

So is the new server actually up?

I'm okay with having to grind fighting if we can us sleep bonus on everything else instead of fucking with giving everyone two high skills.

t. one of the two FS70s

fug

any way to turn off the curve?

EDIT: I should add that FS not being subject to hypergainz is a good thing, because fuck everyone grinding out 30FS in 20 minutes and not giving a fuck about anything less threatening than a troll.

I think it was decided not to give anyone 50 fighting or faith with the two lv50 skills planning in an earlier thread.

I thought the 2 skill rule was meant to be based on skills you ALREADY had. Not just giving people a choice of 2 skills right off the bat.

The whole reason a two skill rule was proposed and not copying our current skills exactly was because the skills are kept in a text file that any faggot can edit. You can make sure you "already have" anything over 50, so there's no point adding a useless hurdle.

If only there were some simple method to protect against such a thing. Like, say, setting the game to take rapid screenshots infront of town square, then putting all those screenshots into a free animated gif creator that any number of shitty sites offer.

So you'd have hundreds of frames that'd have to be edited if you wanted to bullshit your stats, and the admin would only have to watch a short animated gif to see what they are.

Lots of work to change, very simple to see the stats from the admins side of things. But no, let's all use the text file when we only need to show 2 different stats.

In the end my vote still goes to having a complete clean slate start.

Why not a 4 skill rule?

You get two high boosts in two skills, and two moderate boosts in two other skills?

just my 2c, fam.

seems like 2 40 boosts is reasonable and a shunt of 25 to two others,
just two 40s seems more balanced however

Still highly exploitable with alts. Priests are currently shafted, Fighters are shafted aswell although they could still do other things in addition to fighting. Also alts can be used to abuse the system and there's no perfect way to check for alts.

So with that in mind, why don't we just start with a normal sleep bonus system and normal skills. Why are we boosting the hell out of everyones stats right away?

If the epic curve is left as it is, this entire process would be simplified so, so much. The admin wouldn't have to do anything and we could move onto actually getting the server running.

The biggest problem so far is that the epic curve in addition to the enhanced rates boosted shit to no end. If REMOVING the curve is the hard part, then simply lowering rates would compensate for it. Alternatively if we leave rates as they are then people would already have a catch-up system in place by default.

Or how about we can fucking talk it out on WRC? The oldfags already know well enough who had what speciality. Hell, I only had 3 days playing time at most and I can vouch for plenty of people.

that's a problem with the fucking curve
it's a turbo retarded idea

the skill gain is already a fucking curve, then the fucking retarded dev multiplied it by another fucking curve like a fucking mongoloid

It takes about 50 minutes of pure gains to get a skill to 60~ (some more, some less)
meaning that we would have time to get about 4-5 at very high levels (that is, if we fuck the curve off)

That's what I am going to try to find out right now, I want to know what rarity and epic settings actually does (by looking at the code rather than the wiki)

Are you willing to manually edit via database editing fucking 60~ skills of 60 anons? by checking a fucking video?

nobody is, and you will only answer yes because you got no idea how boring and (hard, yes, hard) it is to do. Do you even know how the fuck the retarded who coded this game made the skills?

because people are crying about losing gains from the old server, my proposal is hassle free for the admin, and people can get 62.5 hours of gains back in 5 hours (if we remove the fucking epic curve)

You can right click on a player as a GM, select the skill to change, and input the fucking number. You can change a shitload of shit in-game using a literal GM wand, why are we acting like everything can ONLY be done through the database? Just get a couple of volunteers to handle this shit if 60 minutes of work is too much for one person. Hell I'll do it if people are going to flip their shit, but i'd still prefer a completely clean start.

Which again, is fine if we don't let people abuse it with alts. But as i pointed out there's no simple way to PREVENT that from happening, which is the crux of the issue here.

You say that as if people don't already use alts to macro shit while your main do something else

For one, everyone should at least have an alt priest

With or without turbo gains, there will be alts, that will eventually get there

what's the difference between 5 hours or 50 hours if you are macroing?

I TOLD YOU TO RETURN THE SLAB
YOU DIDN'T LISTEN

Has anyone checked if the WRC admin would be up for linking worlds?

Somehow I doubt it.

See

Half of our town populations have been Fenlaw alts and some people are even scripting imping now. People have made it an unequal playing field since Brosmouth's inception. If anything, easy hypergainz alts that anyone can make is just leveling the field for those without the setups/savviness to go full macro.

By that logic if we assume that everyone is going to macro using the new sleep bonus, why don't we just set the servers base stats to 50 across the board.

Apparantly we're all going to macro to that point anyway so just level that playing field as well. What if one person has a row of PC's they can use for more alts than other people? What if someone can write scripts to the point that they can completely perform tasks without any maintenance whatsoever? That would be unfair for other people aswell so we should definitely increase the levels for everyone to counter that.

Or we could stop acting like fucking liberals and accept the fact that everything doesn't have to be perfectly equal for everyone to function. In saying that i'm not going to keep rocking the boat if people really do want their wonderland, if that's what the thread wants then I'll just fuck off instead of continuing this two-sided autism argument.

I'd rather start from a clean slate but everypony seems to be hellbent on keeping their big gains.

it's more like binding repair and improve to the same button and letting a mod select and activate the tool needed to improve
you still have to puch the button or let a macro do it

The sleep bonus tweak just sounds like fucking cancer.

That shit is what is killing modern video games and it'll kill Wurm too.

Notch was long gone by the time rarity was implemented. You have to keep in mind it was 10 years ago when he stopped working on Wurm, anything he did is basically gone.

Don't do this, this is a hugely dumb idea, communicating with direct competition and sharing traffic.

if everyone is equal, they are not free, if everyone is free they are not equal.
No liberal bullshit please.

poal.me/kk9xpp

There are 4 fucking polls in the OP, fucking vote you fucking niggers

All the drama around that sleep bonus isn't warranted. Our server isn't up yet and I had no intention of doing that. Relax.

Macros are going to be harder when the world is more hostile and edgy HOTS fags can gank ya.

Can somebody confirm that pirates can connect to the GTXGaming server @ 216.245.223.162:3724?

Server is not finished, still getting mods sorted out.

The anticipation is killing me.

logged in

Can log in, relogging doesn't give that give the duplicate authentication thing.

I think codebro fixed that! Thanks, codebro!

Based.

Server just went down for a second (that wasn't me.)

Checking logs.

back to investigating the source code:

windowOfCreation is a counter that seems to be decreased every tick, which seems to be where your stamina regenerates, so you can guess the frequency of when it happens

if (windowOfCreation > 0) { windowOfCreation -= 1;} else if (Server.rand.nextInt(3600) == 0){ windowOfCreation = 20; if (getCitizenVillage() != null) windowOfCreation += (int)Math.min(10.0F, getCitizenVillage().getFaithCreateValue());}
which means, at the same interval your stamina regenerates (but not tied to it, just using this timing as reference)
you have 1 in 3600 (likely to be once in a hour, but may happen twice in a row, or never in ages) of getting 20+ windowOfCreation ticks, which will decrease every tick thereafter, until zero, when the chance thingy starts happening again

else if (windowOfCreation > 0){ windowOfCreation = 0; float faintChance = 1.0F; int supPremModifier = 0; if (isPaying()){ faintChance = 1.03F; supPremModifier = 3; } if (Server.rand.nextFloat() * 10000.0F

Logged in. I'm impressed.

I think this is explained on the wiki, just not in detail.

A drumroll with the yellow swirl on screen signifies the start of that rare creation window. This lasts for 20 seconds. You can increase that window by another 10 seconds with a village faith bonus, taking it upto a total of 30 seconds.

Tell me these weren't from the same block

were not
first block is in action.poll(), which is a turbo badly named method that does 999 things and one more at once

the second block is the one that decides if the action will produce a rare item or not (if action.getRarity() > 0 or not)
It will only return true if windowOfCreation was >0 and will always set windowOfCreation = 0 before returning, so you can't make two items in the same window

the wiki is wrong
when the drum roll happened, you already rolled for a rare item if the action produces items
see
if you get two drums at once, either you spent a rare item, or you got two at once by pure luck

each 'rare action' will expend the window of opportunity completely. you can only make one rare per window

Rare effect 1: Retainment of Power of Enchantment

int rarityModifier = Math.max(1, item.getRarity() * 5);(...)if (Server.rand.nextInt(Math.max(2, (int)(rarityModifier * power * 30.0F))) == 0)effs[x].setPower(power - 1.0F);

for every enchantment, every time you use a item, you have 1 in rarityModifier * power * 30.0F of losing 1 power of the enchantment, meaning that rare items are 5 times less likely to lose power, and each power level decreases the chance in 30 points

Non rare pickaxe with 10 power CoC: 1 in 300 of going to 9 power
Non rare pickaxe with 20 power CoC: 1 in 600 of going to 9 power
rare pickaxe with 5 power CoC: 1 in 750 of going to 4 power

Please tell me that when you're done you won't be a faggot like the Russian and will provide us with the code and setup you used in a tarball or something.

Rare effect 2: Quicker actions

Most, if not all actions, have some sort of duration reduction based on rarity.
0.1f * action_based for rare
0.3f * action_based for supreme
0.5f * action_based for godly

for instance, destroying something??? (badly named methods) will have it's base time of 300 [somemeasureoftime]s * many multipliers reduced by 1 times the bonus, which always get rounded up to 1
improving will have it's modified base 150 [somemeasureoftime]s reduced in 10 fucking times the bonus, meaning that up to 5 [somemeasureoftime]s will be removed if using a godly item, but it will never be reduced to less than 15 [somemeasureoftime]s

It will take too long to map all of them, so fuck it. Just know that it improves somewhat

My setup is literally downloading the server
creating a empty eclipse project (google it, 'java eclipse')
add all jars in the libs server folder to the project classpath
add commons.jar from the server root folder to the classpath
use 7zip to extract all .classes from the server.jar, add them as class folder to the classpath
use jd.benow.ca/ eclipse plugin to open .class files as if they were source (fucking bugged and shitty, but works)

copy relevant decompiled sources to src folder and modify at will, deleting the original .class to avoid conflicts

Rare effect 3: Better Ores
Pickax rareness will increase the max ore quality you can get
this seems to be able to surpass the base tile quality and your mining skill
the higher the base quality, the less the rareness will increase it

Rare effect 4: Chance and amount of meat items when butchering

as it says in the title, not gonna calculate details on shitty effects, it just increases

Rare effect 5: Makes everything better, a bit

Seems that every tool get some bonus on the final item quality made with it or something, very minimal, but it's there

Rare effect 6: Ship movement speed

for every rarity level, it increases the boat speed as if there was one more passenger. On a side note, quality linearly increases boat speed

Rare effect 7: Bow chance to hit

somewhere in the method, a diff variable is given to tell if you hit or not
each tree in the path increases the difficulty by 1 and gives a chance to just simply fucking eat the arrow
each hour past 19 or hour before 6 increases difficulty by 1

rarity of bow and arrow each decreases the difficulty by 1 per rarity level (rare = 1, supreme 2, godly 3)

On a side note, every 1 QL for string decreases the odds of it breaking by 10

1QL string have 1 in 10 of breaking
99QL string have 1 in 990 of breaking
seems to give no fucks to string rarity

fuck, forgot to redtext

Rare effect 8: Armor damage reduction

each quality level increases the armor effectiveness in 3% of the actual effectiveness

rare 75% reduction armor = 77,25% reduction armor

or something like this

on a side note, armor will ALWAYS at least reduce the damage by 5%, regardless of type or quality

each armor slot reduces the damage by a different amount

Rare effect 9: Weapons

Increases critical chance, but not damage

Rare effect 10: Horse shoe

increases move speed by a bit, speed enchantments also affects this

And I grow tired of this

It always makes things a little bit better

The server goes down every 5 minutes like clockwork.

FOUND IT, The dreaded epic curve

public static final double getModifiedPercentageEffect(double eff){ if ((EpicServer) || (ChallengeServer)){ double modEff = 0.0D; if (eff >= 100.0D){ if (eff

Richfag here, I'll log on and see if I can find whats happening.

Alright, just keep playing until the serb dies again, we'll see what's going on.

[06:30:21 PM] INFO com.wurmonline.server.epic.EpicEntity: Libila visits the Walnut.

Wut? Lel

I'll miss this server.

By the way, to avoid drama I volunteer to data-entry everyone's skills from old servers from screenshots. That way they can't easily manipulate them and the new admins don't actually have to do anything, and we don't have to argue about sleep bonus or starting skills or whatever else.

Any takers, new admins? This will, of course, be contingent on you making a reasonably stable server that isn't completely retarded.

What a shit volcano.

would Kriegerr want to do it?

Jokes on you, i was playing since day 3.

Want to do what?
I'm just offering people, basically you expand all of your subskills and screenshot your skills taking as many screens as you need to cover them, with name display toggled on so I know you are who you say, and then you give your new name for the new server if it's different, and then if someone sees me on the new server they can come over and have their skills put in. That simple.

Serb log looks pretty dismal, are you guys doing anything or nah?

[06:47:16 PM] INFO com.wurmonline.server.Server: current mem in use: 780M free mem: 151M Max mem: 2097M

This just in, serb can't math, inc crash i can fee lit

You'll do all the work dammit.

This settlement rests on your capable back.

that's how the JVM works, it will not allocate the max amount until it needs, the last allocation made it have a total of 780 + 151 megas

[06:47:16 PM] INFO com.wurmonline.server.Server: current mem in use: 780M free mem: 151M Max mem: 2097M

player count: 2

bytes in: 149319 bytes out: 1863804 total in: 149319 total out: 1863804

Server uptime: 300 seconds. Unanswered questions:1

[06:48:11 PM] INFO org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.ModLoaderShared: ModLoader version v0.20-133d216

[06:48:11 PM] INFO com.wurmonline.server.gui.WurmServerGuiMain: WurmServerGuiMain starting

[06:48:11 PM] INFO com.wurmonline.server.DbConnector: Starting to close all Database Connections.

[06:48:11 PM] INFO com.wurmonline.server.DbConnector: Finished closing all Database Connections.

here's the problem, its something to do with memory

pvp should be enabled on new server and have unlimited custom kingdoms so we can have splintered tribal warfare for eternity.

I'm WombRaider and I'm offering to do the skill transfers for anyone who bothers to screen their attributes, religion, skills…once the server is up and stable and we're definitely transferring. If admins will gm me for it. It's a bunch of input for each player but it's one-time.

The server is only hitting about 1% cpu usage and 3% max memory usage before it crashes

It always says 300 seconds of uptime.

is there some kind of backup/reset that's set to exactly 5 minutes?

Humbug, i will have to look into this

Just a P.S. it says epic settings are turned off by the look of it… But that's not the current problem

I mean, I'd do it if that means the newadmins would let people keep their hard work but I'd want that ability taken away immediately after everybody gets their gains again

Nein.

Epic just does the curve, the consensus on that seemed to be that it was casual trash.

I'm thinking we should nuke the server and recreate, won't be hard.

Can you dump the whole log into a pastebin?

You should at least give the poll a good 24 hours, only 6 people have voted in it so far.

If you think that's a good idea… Should we back it up first?

pastebin.com/CXUEZg23
for serb logs for anyone that is into digging

Nobody has played, I've got a copy here locally.

It should be up but with no mods, let me know if it keeps restarting. Gotta mow the lawn, be back in an hour or two.

I'm sorry its a lot but i would be really grateful if you could, I'm zummianmu ⁽ ´-`⁾

A lot of this shit really should have been streamlined.

Ya don't say

Serbs been up for more than five minutes, 300 sec has passed and no peeps… I think one of the mods is doing this

Can a server change those settings at any given time? It'd probably be good for the first few days or so it's up for everyone to do some catch up. Otherwise it'll be pretty lame if everyone just hits max level without trying.

Yeah I think hitting the inevitable max level is going to burn everyone out and RIP serb.

I think near the end it should slow down, and prolong the inevitable for as long as possible.

go play Skyrim if you want streamlined shit

Okay, I'll save those. Waiting on confirmation from admins that once everything is set up I can do this.

one person lone autist is going to do this for 40 some people.

It's maybe 90 skills per person. I'd be surprised if more than 40 people did actually bother to screenshot and ask, at least at first. So we're talking maybe 4000 or 5000 menu navs + value entries. That's not that bad, I used to do data entry for money.

I need more figs on the server please, to make sure its not a numbers game but it is 100% one of the mods doing it

Horde of the Summoned or Mol Rehan

WHO DO I CHOOSE ?!!?

I want to be an edgy fuckin raider but I don't want to be alone.

Can you see the chat of all kingdoms? Or am I talking into the void?

If we don't separate shield sizes into materials, which the game doesn't do for weapons anyways, games as we know them will surely collapse!

More skills is not necessarily better. When you glorify complexity for the sake of complexity, you end up with things like ASSFAGGOTS where you have two dozen characters that do roughly the same thing. So it is with Wurm's skills, where your character can be a master of the buckler, but can't figure out a kite shield to save his life.

Just join the MR Secret Police. You can be edgy anywhere you want user.

You are speaking into the void, I can not see chat, i can only see whats going on inside the skull of the serb

WHO THE FUCK DID THIS?

WHO THE FUCK LEFT NINE OAK LOGS ROTTING ON THE GROUND?

kek

I can't get into the log file again

what the fuck is going on

I hope you're talking about LoL

How often is the serber trying to save protected tiles? I've heard that it can get stuck in a loop of constant writing and that might crash the serber.

I wish I could fucking tell you, but the log pepsi'd

Copy it and open the copy.

Its not here, the file does not exist anymore, that or i am blind

make one and see if the code picks it up
it's just a text file

No such luck, the button you push to open the log files doesn't pick it up.

Whoever designed this software deserves to get their dick stuck in the vacuum of space

anyone who codes in java needs to get their head smashed in with a brick.

nigga you're too good for this world, you know…

This is why the game runs like shit.

Its fucking minecraft pre-release all over again.

Why do they let fucking potato coders publish games

I'm back to fuck around on the server some more!

This game could seriously benefit from PRNG.

u tried ur best that's all I expect from you

I read an article about someone dying teh same way, they found his bones surrounded by 20 wolf skeletons a few months after he died

PLAY OF THE GAME

I thought that rushing plate would be harder.

Only issue I've encountered is that I should have increased production tenfold and that I should use a mine for iron instead of foraging.

Shit ql armour, you're essentially wearing leather anyway

who up late and /drunk/ here???

I only need an actual iron mine to get good steel, this thing is pretty easy to make and it's pretty good against the shit I'm facing even if it's only q15 and I'm missing the important armor pieces (upper body, arms).

none of you motherfuckers are even playing
if you're playing your not part of the village
I'm alone in this ghost town

Wolves hunt in packs.

I'm playing by myself on my own server.

Codebro, Piradmin?

Are you dere?

How are things looking?

Life will be back to normal when serbs fixed, don't worry

Does smithing skill even matter? I assume it's just a meta-skill, only good for titles, like misc items. I never noticed an impact from skills like these.

but it is
there's just not anyone on except me and one other guy
over 2 days the town turned into a ghost town

Just relax, everything has everyone really lkow energy

Patience, play what you wantm when new serbs up activity will explode again, and then settle down and stay at a rough constant

but the server is up
unless you mean the server Holla Forums is setting up
which I'm not holding my breath for and is most likely going to be even more dead than the pyccne server judging by the lack of interrest
when it finally does come online and is working properly I'd imagine a lot of people would have completely lost interrest

According to the wiki, skills make subskills better.

But since the wiki is full of speculation or WO shit, we have to find out by ourselves if that's how it works.

Ask a coder or otherwise compare the crafting chances of a new alt and someone with smith that's noticeably higher on a subskill that they both have at 1.

If you pay attention though, that equation is only used for skills lower than 1.0. The rest of the time it's skill*(95/70), up until 70 where it becomes (skill+500)/6.

>Nothing but old, raging and huge spiders and a wolf
I know the aggro % was high but this shit is insane.

Parent skills may give you a bonus
fucking very small bonus
something like this:
at 20 plate making skill, the chance to make it is 10%
your backsmithing is 40, which is a 30% chance
if you succeed at this 30% chance
something somehow goes into a bonus variable
if this bonus variable is less than 70, set it to 70

then you roll the skill check with this bonus

you have no fucking idea how fucking complex the calculations are

The game don't let me choose kingdoms, but is randomly spawning me between them.

one of the mods fucked kingdoms

[14:37:12] yeah vynora is great

It's like you don't want to have BotD.

[07:59:49] >Not following Libila
[07:59:49] It's like you don't want to have BotD.

BotD is as strong as CoC and WoA, but it's both at once, I confirmed in the code
The code only cares if BotD is a speed increasing spell or not, it does not put any multiplier making it weaker or stronger, it all depends only on the spell power, same for it's CoC effect

Just leaving this here:
createItemTemplate(int templateId, int size, String name, String plural, String itemDescriptionSuperb, String itemDescriptionNormal, String itemDescriptionBad, String itemDescriptionRotten, String itemDescriptionLong, short[] itemTypes, short imageNumber, short behaviourType, int combatDamage, long decayTime, int centimetersX, int centimetersY, int centimetersZ, int primarySkill, byte[] bodySpaces, String modelName, float difficulty, int weightGrams, byte material, int value, boolean isPurchased, int armourType) createItemTemplate(87, 5, "axe", "huge axes", "excellent", "good", "ok", "poor", "A huge axe with a heavy head and a wooden shaft. You'll need to wield it with both hands.", new short[] { 108, 44, 21, 2, 15, 37, 84, 147, 189 }, (short)1227, (short)1, 60, 3024000L, 4, 15, 100, 10025, MiscConstants.EMPTY_BYTE_PRIMITIVE_ARRAY, "model.weapon.axe.large.", 35.0F, 2500, (byte)14, 10000, true, -1);createItemTemplate(705, "long spear", "long spears", "excellent", "good", "ok", "poor", "A long well-polished shaft with a heavy sharp blade attached at one end.", new short[] { 133, 108, 44, 21, 13, 37, 154, 84, 147, 189 }, (short)1221, (short)1, 50, 3024000L, 3, 5, 205, 10088, MiscConstants.EMPTY_BYTE_PRIMITIVE_ARRAY, "model.weapon.polearm.spear.long.", 20.0F, 2700, (byte)14, 10000, true);createItemTemplate(707, "spear", "spears", "excellent", "good", "ok", "poor", "A sturdy steel spear.", new short[] { 133, 108, 44, 22, 13, 37, 154, 84, 147 }, (short)1221, (short)1, 90, 3024000L, 3, 5, 180, 10088, MiscConstants.EMPTY_BYTE_PRIMITIVE_ARRAY, "model.weapon.polearm.spear.", 40.0F, 3700, (byte)9, 30000, true); createItemTemplate(706, "halberd", "halberds", "excellent", "good", "ok", "poor", "A long polearm with an head looking both like an axe and a spear at the same time. Excellent against charging attackers.", new short[] { 133, 108, 44, 22, 2, 37, 154, 84, 147, 189 }, (short)1247, (short)1, 70, 3024000L, 3, 10, 205, 10089, MiscConstants.EMPTY_BYTE_PRIMITIVE_ARRAY, "model.weapon.polearm.halberd.", 40.0F, 4500, (byte)11, 10000, true);

The medium maul seems to be the most damaging one handed weapon, dealing 60 damage

sickle seems to be the best fast weapon, dealing 30 (but I will still need to check if any of these flags inside the new short {# # # #} mean anything related to damage, one of them is probably the attack speed

I imagine the chance to parry on a sickle or maul has to be pretty trash compared to swords. Either that or conventional wisdom on the best weapons in this game have been wrong for years. Should be fun to test out in-game if given the chance.

legends says that you get a CR penalty when using sickles, I will check this later

I messed a bit and got
Combat Damage | Item Description Long
Then sorted, those are all items with 20+ combat damage

90 A sturdy steel spear. 70 A large heavy sword almost as tall as a ten year old child. 70 A long polearm with an head looking both like an axe and a spear at the same time. Excellent against charging attackers. 60 A huge axe with a heavy head and a wooden shaft. You'll need to wield it with both hands. 50 A nice and cosy campfire. 50 A long well-polished shaft with a heavy sharp blade attached at one end. 45 A shiny steel staff etched with decorations that works as a weapon itself but which may be fitted with a blade for that little extra punch. 40 A long and slender sword. 35 A long well polished staff that could be useful as a rudimentary weapon or aiding the wanderer. 30 A medium sized battle axe with a wooden shaft. 30 A tool for mining. 25 A one step long wooden shaft that could be used to create a tool or a weapon. 20 A leg. 20 Two legs. 20 An arm. 20 A head. 20 A hand. 20 A foot. 20 A face. 20 An eye. 20 A glove composed of steel rings. 20 A three steps long wooden plank that could be used to build something. 20 A saw good for creating and sawing planks. 20 A hammer with a metal head and wooden shaft. 20 A hammer with a thick head made entirely from wood. Normally used to bonk other wooden things together. 20 A short but sturdy axe with a thick blade. 20 A straight tool with a strong hard blade made for cutting stone. 20 A decorative lamp head on a wooden post. 20 A decorative lamp head on a wooden pole. 20 A decorative torch on a wooden pole. 20 A decorative torch on a metal post.

forget it, I missed plenty of items
Got a Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NullPointerException when making the list

So you can beat people to death with your eyeballs.

Death glare.

90 A sturdy steel spear. 80 A huge brutal warhammer made totally from bronze. 80 A large bulky sceptre made from shiny white steel with black steel thorns attached to the head. 70 A large heavy sword almost as tall as a ten year old child. 70 A long polearm with an head looking both like an axe and a spear at the same time. Excellent against charging attackers. 70 A huge spiked heavy clump of metal on a shaft. You'll need both hands free to wield this one. 70 A heavy two-handed sword of incredible quality made from steel and with a comfortable hilt of leather bound silver filigran. 70 A long slender bow that must be fired pretty far for good accuracy. It will then provide a hefty punch. 60 A huge axe with a heavy head and a wooden shaft. You'll need to wield it with both hands. 60 A large spiked heavy clump of metal on a shaft. 60 A sturdy bow that will fire pretty far with good accuracy. 50 A nice and cosy campfire. 50 A long well-polished shaft with a heavy sharp blade attached at one end. 50 A huge metal shod gnarly branch worn and strengthened by weather. 50 An elegant small and quick bow that will fire moderately far with good accuracy. 45 A shiny steel staff etched with decorations that works as a weapon itself but which may be fitted with a blade for that little extra punch. 45 A rare and masterfully crafted staff. The staff looks intimidating and though the finer detailing looks brittle at first it is surprisingly strong and sharp. 40 A long and slender sword. 40 A long pole with a half meter long sharp blade used for cutting grass or harvesting crops. 35 A long well polished staff that could be useful as a rudimentary weapon or aiding the wanderer. 35 A wooden shaft with a rounded part used both to tie ropes to as well as a weapon for drunk sailors. 35 A long well polished staff with a fantastic diamond attached. 35 A long well polished staff with a fantastic opal attached. 35 A long well polished staff with a fantastic ruby attached. 35 A long well polished staff with a fantastic emerald attached. 35 A long well polished staff with a fantastic sapphire attached. 30 A medium sized battle axe with a wooden shaft. 30 A tool for mining. 30 A kind of small hand-held scythe with a crescent-moon formed blade. 30 A smooth heavy clump of metal on a shaft. 25 A one step long wooden shaft that could be used to create a tool or a weapon. 25 A one step long wooden stake that is used to stake out a settlement which would provide increased security and reserve the land for your use. Use it on the ground where you wish to settle.
fixed, now it contemplates all items that are not kingdom specific nor containers, as those would throw a exception and stop the listing of items

I'm surprised it doesn't pull this kind of stuff from the database so you could adjust it without having to recompile.

BUT WHY

you didn't even see the creature creation class

tfw I'm most likely the only one who doesn't understand programming so this is all lost on me

This is what happens when a son of a shepherd is put in charge of making video games.

It's not that hard to understand once you get the syntax down.

Man, if only java had some kind of support for polymorphism. Even a way to write jump tables would be really nice.

Imagine someone building a house by building a dozen sheds leaning against each other because that's all he knows how to do and he hasn't really decided how big he wants his house to be in the first place. Then he realizes houses should have a second floor so he goes on the roof of his sheds and starts building more sheds there.

for instance:
if (chance == 0) means "do the things below this line if the value of the variable chance is equal to zero"
if (chance

So what's the problem with ?

Wolves have a base CR of 6 and 6 armor, meaning 20 fighting skill to take on
Black bears have fucking 9 CR, meaning 50 FS unless the player CR calculation is not 4+FS/10 which the wiki states, I will look into it later
Red dragons have 100 CR and 10 armor

read
Not only he made a fuck huge class filled with shed(item declarations on the code, rather than a text file or database entries) after shed after shed, he had the gall to make ANOTHER class to do the very fucking same thing all over again
There is just no fucking reason to, there is no limit on the size of the first class, why fucking make another one?

Am I reading this right? They're listed as 60, 40, 45, 45 on the wiki.

what the fuck is going on here

might the spear's damage being doubled have something to do with cavalry bonus?

Actually, I will explain differently

The problem with the item declarations on the class file, is the maintainability of the code, it's hard to fix shit the way it was made
then he fucking made another class that does the very same thing, so that you spend twice as long to find what you want to change

started a new character because I didn't do anything with my other one
can somebody add DietMountainMaDewka? (me)

That he had a file so big he had to split it into two. This in itself isn't anything unusual in programming, but usually it's the case that you can split things up into different logical chunks. E.g. you have a file for AI behavior of critters, then when you start making their behavior more detailed and varied you could make one each for pigs, dogs, jews etc. Instead what this looks like is that he has one large logical unit that just has so much shit in it that he just had to arbitrarily break it in two so his scroll wheel didn't get worn out.
Also by the look of it most of that shit is data that should be farmed out to a text file or something.

I will check later, maybe there are tags fucking with everything, new short[] { 133, 108, 44, 22, 13, 37, 154, 84, 147 } is the tags that the item have, I don't know what any of them mean, maybe one of them messes up with damage calculations or something.

I sure hope the decompiler just replaced constants with the value, rather than rolf having coded the whole thing with just fucking numbers

Hope just makes the disappointment stronger.

In it uses a class called MiscConstants so it doesn't appear to be replacing all constants with their values.
Inless MiscConstants doesn't actually contain constants, of course.

it's all decompiled code, I don't know the original one, we can only especulate

It's physically painful to read but even a retard can understand that.

I've seen amateur Warcraft 3 maps with better coding than that.

Hello darkness, my old friend.

Page 16 pls put this thing out of its misery.

won't be surprised if it's in the new thread's OP tbh

Time to invest in helium.

I always heard Hope was the first step to disappointment.

I refuse to believe we are the first ones to decompile the server code and discover just how terrible everything is.
There's got to be a catch, some of the code doesn't make any sense.
I can't even begin to imagine how fucked the client side is.

Maybe everyone else who did ended up committing sudoku and Holla Forums is the first group who's too numb to disappointment to do it.

Oh, and guess who coded the client side?

New bread

I knew I would need those parrot webms eventually

To be fair, the project is close to a decade old. Probably a lot of shit has gotten changed around without anyone taking the time to update the underlying structure (e.g. people adding just one more else-if instead of making the effort to turn it into a switch).

This is the fucking problem.