What do you think about Final Fantasy 12?

What do you think about Final Fantasy 12?

It's the most recent good Final Fantasy, and I wish there were a version with all of IZJS changes except for going back to the original license boards system.

An okay game hamstringed by a shitty main character.

It was the last decent one.
I can't play any of them anymore because I'm no longer a teenager and I just can't be entertained by the childish stories anymore.

It has a great bestiary.

Impossible to get past the automated combat for me. Would love to take over manually and just set behavior for the other two party members and grind some areas for hours at a time, but the pointless and clunky battle menu interface simply doesn't allow it while staying as efficient. I like almost everything else about the system, but it needed to let you bind actions to face buttons and execute them with one press instead of having menus because muh FF brand recognition. Which brings me to the other shit.

I really don't think much of the setting or story. Sick of hearing all the epig references to other games in the names of places and items, espers, those flying pieces of trash called airships, bullshit star wars technology and creatures. It's pretentious and self-serving, they think final fantasy is the best thing ever created and that there's no way there can ever be too much of it or that anyone could ever grow tired. The world of the last remnant is better.

It's the best combat in the series. You're complaining because you want redundant additional "confirm" presses. That's foolish.

I want less presses. Much less.

NeoGAF, pls.

At least Vaan shuts up, unlike a certain other FF main character.

So you enjoy the story and writing?

It's that or gambits 24/7. Do you have short term memory problems? Can you only keep track of the last post made in a thread and none of the others?

Nice one. Your shit taste remains the same though.

Doesn't bug me. FF XII probably had the best story and writing out of all the FF games.

Its the last decent FF. Both versions have problems though. The vanilla version has balancing problems, its slow to explore and the chest system sucks dick. IZJS is terribly balanced, some classes being completely broken and the board being a clusterfuck. The added speed, removing damage cap and fixin the chests and spawns was nice though. I just want a best of both worlds game, I loved the setting as well as the bestiary making me feel actual wonder and a feeling of adventure. If one wants a good challenge and some spice check the forced class challenge on gamefaqs

Reminder that Vaan isnt that bad certainly unwarranted to be the protagonist tho

It's one of my all time favorite ps2 games and probably my favorite Final Fantasy of all time.
It was the peak of the series, and people that didn't like it caused FF13 and the current decline to happen.

You do know you could change the combat right? You could make it so that when you choose an action combat stops or that combat doesnt stop. I personally prefer the latter since it makes combat more fluid, challenging and unexpected but whatever floats your boat. Also fuck quickenings, that shit is too OP. I stopped using them since you could straight up kill bosses with a 10-15 hit chain

I don't get people like you with this "they did x for every game, even though x is just a name or something that anyway has no impact on gameplay or story whatsoever, so it's automatically shit and must be changed" thing. Can you elaborate on why they should change it besides "i don't like it!!!"?

I thought the main person responsible for FF13 was the director and his waifu Lightning.

It's a depressingly average game.

I put a good 100 hours into it when I played it. It was fun, the combat felt kinda silly but it was fluid enough. The LP board was cool and so were most of the characters. Lots of shit to do and the side quest monsters were pretty tough. The Gambit system was over my head but it also seemed cool to be able to automate combat like that.

The way the game went with Vaan as the 'protagonist' ended up giving the game no core protagonist - everyone in the party except Fran had some relevance and presented motivation, and I somehow liked the end result. Even though, yeah, Vaan was not developed properly at all after enough time passed.

Also, since I'm bumpan', share your favourite tracks from this game. The chills I got when this played in Paramina Rift were sublime.

Shit combat ruined it for me.

I really liked it, overall. It has the distinction of being the only game I've ever played for 24 hours straight. I also had more fun grinding in 12 than I ever did in other RPGs, the battle system is great.

That said, the plot is a mess and the game can't decide if the main character is Ashe or Balthier, or possibly Basch, plus the whole red herring intro with Vaan. I played it again recently but I just power leveled until I had everyone maxed out, then I steamrolled the whole story in one go so it actually made sense (sorta)

Best FF sluts

It could have been an amazing game. As it stands it is ok, but the idiots in charge couldn't keep their grubby little hands out of it

Especially penelo?

I liked it.

I wish there were games that allow this but also have good combat system.

The decline started with 10. 12 was an experimental stop gap before the decline continued with 13

Have you tried the Might and Magic series?

I think sephiroth would have worked better as a grizzled battle hardened vet rather than generic edgy fujo bait

Yes.
Stuff like being first person of 6 or so man band always weirded me out. And turn based combat. Fuck turn based combat.
The entire thing was awkward even back then, I probably won't be able to get into it now.

I tried that recent Sword City dungeon crawler, and just as I thought this genre is too unconventional for me.

Unfitting art style you say?